The Legend / Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Archaenon

The Legend / Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi (MBC, 2007)

Post by Archaenon » Sep 4th, '07, 00:14

WITHS2 is SUBBING TWSSG READ THIER WIKI HERE

SPECIAL WARNING:
WITH S2 is asking full cooperation to please DO NOT hardsub or stream as we have gotten a special warning regarding this series, and indeed taking a huge risk in subbing it.
Again, DO NOT hardsub and/or stream using our English subtitles as we would be forced to halt and terminate the project to protect our team.
KEEP FANSUBBING ALIVE. FANSUBS ARE NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE!
Thank you for the cooperation.

SUBTITLES ( ENGLISH BY WITHS2 )
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_53290.htm

Episodes : http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB or D-ADDICTS TORRENTS

DRAMA WIKI
* Title: 태왕사신기 / Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi
* Also known as: The Legend / The Story of the First King's Four Gods
* Genre: Period Drama
* Episodes: 24
* Broadcast network: MBC
* Broadcast period: 2007-Sept-10 to 2007-Nov
* Air time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55 (9:55 Korean time)
* Theme song: Love Song for a Thousand Years by DBSK (Dong Bang Shin Gi)

BROADCASTING SCHEDULE
10 September, Special program consisting of making, interview of actors etc.
11 to 13 September, 1 episode everyday, episodes 1 to 3
19 September, every Wednesday and Thursday 21:55-, 2episodes every week

Links Out
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/legend/index.html
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97747
http://www.taesagi.com/

SYNOPSIS

Who was Dam-deok (Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang)?: He was the 19th king of Goguryeo (lasted from 37 B.C. to 668 A.D.). During the time of Dam-deok, Goguryeo was the most powerful nation in East Asia (yes, even the Chinese dynasty couldn't defeat Goguryeo). At age 11, he was made the Crown Prince and became King when he was 16. In 396, he attacked Baekje (a nation Southwest of Goguryeo) and took over the northern area above the Han River. He defeated the many invasions made by the Yeon Dynasty (China) after 400 A.D. During his reign, the number of castles he took over numbered in the hundreds and villages numbered in the thousands. However, he died at an untimely age of 39.

Storyline: Jumong, the founder of Goguryeo, establish Goguryeo with his Four Gods: Cheong-ryong (Blue Dragon), Baek-ho (White Tiger), Joo-jak (Phoenix), Hyeon-mu (symbolized as a turtle). The Japanese may know them as Seiryuu, Byakko, Suzaku, and Genbu. Jumong marries Soseono, who had a big part in the founding of Goguryeo. They have two sons, Onjo and Biryu. When the son of Jumong's first wife came to Goguryeo in search of his father, and is named Crown Prince, Soseono takes her sons, Onjo and Biryu, South and establishs Baekje. This is how Baekje and Goguryeo were known as "brother countries".

As time passed, the Four Gods secluded themselves from society and watched as Baekje and Goguryeo's relationship worsened (worsened more mainly because Goguryeo's king was killed in a battle between Baekje and Goguryeo).

One day, Ju-ahn, "Hyeon-mu" of the Four Gods, sees two stars sour up into the sky. Since one came from the palace in Baekje, it predicted the birth of "Su", later known as King Ah-shin. The other star came from Goguryeo, prophesizing the birth of Dam-deok, later known as Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang.

Realizing that his new master has come to the world, Ju-ahn awaits in the vast Manchuria with a young girl, Sujini, to see which of the two will be his master. Sujini was picked up as an orphan by Ju-ahn and considers Ju-ahn as her father.

Therefore, the story is on the Four Gods looking for their master, Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang, who was an expert in tactics, the woman he loved (Sujini), who was also loved by the coldhearted King Ah-shin.

credit: Touya (Seifall5)

CAST INFORMATION
Credit : Dramaok ( Soompi )

Cast Extended Cast Gods Descriptions
thanks to liquidfir for the brief description [please don't forget to credit her smile.gif she did a wonderful job doing this.

Celestial Creatures
운사 (청룡) Woon Sa (Chong Ryong)- 동쪽을 다스리는 구름의 수호신 Blue Dragon, Protector of the East; Cloud
Magical Items 신물 : Head of a Spear

풍백 (백호) Poong Baek (Baek Ho) - 서쪽을 다스리는 바람의 수호신 White Tiger, Protector of the West; Wind
Magical Items 신물 : Metal

우사 (현무) Woo Sa (Hyon Mu) - 북쪽을 다스리는 비의 수호신 Black Turtle, Protector of the North; Rain
Magical Items 신물 : A staff
새오 (주작) Sae O (Ju Jak) - 남쪽을 다스리는 불의 수호신 Red vermilion or Phoenix, Protector of the South; Fire

*흑주작 Hek Ju Jak- 분노에 의해 폭주한 주작 Black Phoenix. When Jujak is overwhelmed by rage, it becomes Hek Ju Jak. Very destructive.
Magical Items 신물 : Ruby Necklace

Other characters

연호개 Yon Hogae - Cousin to Damdeok. Borned on the same day and time as DamDeok. However he was not the Ju Shin king. They were best of friends until the death of Hogae's mother. Hogae's mother was a princess and she believed that her son hogae was the rightful king. She tried to poison DamDeok's father but this was discovered by DamDeok with help from Kiha. Damdeok told his aunt that if she can find the one responsible then no harm will come to her family or her son. She took the bottle of poison and committed suicide. However, before she died, she told hogae to become king and to beware of Damdeok. Hogae kept this in mind and they turned from friends to enemies. He was secretly in love with Kiha.

연가려 Yon Ga Ryo - Father to Hogae.
양왕 Yang Wang - Father to Damdeok
대장로 Dae Jang Ro - The leader of the Hwan cheon Hwe.
주무친 Ju Mu Chin - Reincarnated, human form of Baek Ho
처로 Cho Ro - Reincarnated human form of Chong Ryong
현고 Hyon Go - Reincarnated human form of Hyon Mu
닥단 Dak Dan - Female warrior.

General Kho the guard of Damdeok.
Saryang, the guy who's incharge to look for Kiha at the palace. messenger of Hwancheon Leader. [the guy whose one eye is covered with his hair]

WHERE TO WATCH
*from the soompi thread
www.cdmatv.com and go on to the following website below ~

* http//www.busanmbc.co.kr
* http://www.mokpombc.co.kr
* http://www.ulsanmbc.co.kr

also you can watch from any of these sites ~

http://www.tvxbox.com/ [just click mbc below the screen]
mms://live.imbc.com/OnAirTV [copy and paste on a new window]
mms://210.114.221.153/busanmbc_tv_onair_9541
mms://onair.usmbc.co.kr/tv
http://stream.jejumbc.com/jeju_tv
mms://dgmbc.xenoinfo.com/live
mms://211.230.150.18/kaljsdhflkajshdflkjashdasdjhfalkjdsfh
mms://61.40.7.7/TV
mms://211.117.193.99/tvgjmbc
http://210.114.220.120/masanmbctv
mms://211.171.235.142/tvs
mms://andong.pusanweb.co.kr/andonglive
mms://61.37.35.4/chmbctv
mms://VOD.tjmbc.co.kr/818becbd1b
mms://210.221.163.25/encoder-tv
mms://jinju.pusanweb.co.kr/tv
mms://VODSTR.cjmbc.co.kr/LiveTV
mms://211.223.35.241/TV
mms://live.wjmbc.co.kr/wjmbctv

Episode Ratings / Nationwide & Seoul
2007-09-11 1 20.4 (3rd) 21.6 (3rd)
2007-09-12 2 26.9 (1st) 27.7 (1st)
2007-09-13 3 26.9 (1st) 28.3 (1st)
2007-09-19 4 31.7 (1st) 33.3 (1st)
2007-09-20 5 31.5 (1st) 33.1 (1st)
2007-09-26 6 23.4 (2nd) 25.3 (1st)
2007-09-27 7 30.9 (1st) 33.0 (1st)
2007-10-10 8 25.9 (2nd) 26.4 (2nd)
2007-10-11 9 28.2 (2nd) 29.3 (1st)
2007-10-17 10 27.5 (2nd) 28.6 (1st)
2007-10-18 11 28.3 (2nd) 29.7 (1st)
2007-10-24 12 29.6 (2nd) 30.2 (1st)
2007-10-25 13 29.1 (2nd) 30.4 (1st)
2007-10-31 14 27.9 (2nd) 29.0 (1st)
2007-11-01 15 31.9 (1st) 33.2 (1st)
2007-11-07 16 30.0 (2nd) 31.0 (1st)
2007-11-08 17 30.4 (2nd) 31.9 (1st)
2007-11-14 18 - -
2007-11-15 19 - -
2007-11-21 20 - -
2007-11-22 21 - -
2007-11-28 22 - -
2007-11-29 23 - -
2007-12-05 24 - -

The Ledgend / Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi OST
* Title: The Legend Original Soundtrack
* Artist: Various
* Language: Korean
* Publisher: Universal Music (South Korea)
* Release Date: October 22, 2007
* Number of Tracks: 19

Track Listing
1. Opening
2. Sacred War
3. Damdeok's Theme (Main Theme)
4. Sujini's Theme (Loneliness)
5. Kiha's theme (Destined Meeting)
6. Destiny
7. Hwacheon Clan
8. War of the Gods
9. Damdeok's Theme (Bravery)
10. Geomeul Village
11. Attack from Enemy Force
12. Unity
13. Victory
14. Approval
15. Time Flows By
16. Unachievable Love
17. First Love
18. Sujini's Theme (Piano Solo)
19. Thousand Year Love Song - TVXQ

Download the OST >> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1KHJ6RW
Source : KST
Last edited by Archaenon on Nov 10th, '07, 21:56, edited 24 times in total.

amonra999

Post by amonra999 » Sep 4th, '07, 00:23

this drama looks very interesting to me. i would like to see on d-addicts. :D :thumleft:

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Sep 4th, '07, 18:43

Looks good :D

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 6th, '07, 18:10

hells bells, if that picture is anything to go by, its making me drool. out of korean drama or films, i prefer historical fact / fiction or comic sword play fantasy.

i already have The Restless (중천) on DVD and thats one of my favs for this year

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 6th, '07, 18:30

This drama going to replace Time between dog & wolf cuz today after last Ep aired they showed some scens for it as a preview for the next week First Ep.. :-)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 7th, '07, 12:42

From Soompi:

TV station: MBC
Producer: Kim Jong Hak
Writer: Song Ji Na
Music Director: Joe Hisaishi
Computer Graphics : WETA

Film start date: 16th March
Expected screen date: 1st or 2nd Quarter of 2007

Broadcasting Date
10 September, Special program consisting of making, interview of actors etc.
11 to 13 September, 1 episode everyday, episodes 1 to 3
19 September, every Wednesday and Thursday 21:55-, 2episodes every week

Who was Dam-deok (Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang)?: He was the 19th king of Goguryeo (lasted from 37 B.C. to 668 A.D.). During the time of Dam-deok, Goguryeo was the most powerful nation in East Asia (yes, even the Chinese dynasty couldn't defeat Goguryeo). At age 11, he was made the Crown Prince and became King when he was 16. In 396, he attacked Baekje (a nation Southwest of Goguryeo) and took over the northern area above the Han River. He defeated the many invasions made by the Yeon Dynasty (China) after 400 A.D. During his reign, the number of castles he took over numbered in the hundreds and villages numbered in the thousands. However, he died at an untimely age of 39.

Storyline: Jumong, the founder of Goguryeo, establish Goguryeo with his Four Gods: Cheong-ryong (Blue Dragon), Baek-ho (White Tiger), Joo-jak (Phoenix), Hyeon-mu (symbolized as a turtle). The Japanese may know them as Seiryuu, Byakko, Suzaku, and Genbu. Jumong marries Soseono, who had a big part in the founding of Goguryeo. They have two sons, Onjo and Biryu. When the son of Jumong's first wife came to Goguryeo in search of his father, and is named Crown Prince, Soseono takes her sons, Onjo and Biryu, South and establishs Baekje. This is how Baekje and Goguryeo were known as "brother countries".

As time passed, the Four Gods secluded themselves from society and watched as Baekje and Goguryeo's relationship worsened (worsened more mainly because Goguryeo's king was killed in a battle between Baekje and Goguryeo).

One day, Ju-ahn, "Hyeon-mu" of the Four Gods, sees two stars sour up into the sky. Since one came from the palace in Baekje, it predicted the birth of "Su", later known as King Ah-shin. The other star came from Goguryeo, prophesizing the birth of Dam-deok, later known as Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang.

Realizing that his new master has come to the world, Ju-ahn awaits in the vast Manchuria with a young girl, Sujini, to see which of the two will be his master. Sujini was picked up as an orphan by Ju-ahn and considers Ju-ahn as her father.

Therefore, the story is on the Four Gods looking for their master, Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang, who was an expert in tactics, the woman he loved (Sujini), who was also loved by the coldhearted King Ah-shin.

credit: Touya (Seifall5)

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 7th, '07, 12:49

until now no one seem will sub the drama..

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 7th, '07, 13:07

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 9th, '07, 18:35

I never did like K historical drama, but I'm really looking forward to this one. The trailer is awesome!

kitty45

where to watch The Story of the First King's Fo

Post by kitty45 » Sep 10th, '07, 06:34

does any one know where i might be able to watch ' The Story of the First King's Four Gods.' i really would like to watch it . so if any one knows a website or something i'll be forever grateful to ya if you could tell me :)

sbungier

Post by sbungier » Sep 10th, '07, 16:38

Just wondering if any sub group will be subbing this drama?

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 11th, '07, 09:41

NO ONE HAS STEPPED FORWARD AND SAID THEY WILL SUB THE SERIES.
I think it's due to the fact that BYJ is in it.....

New Website : http://www.taesagi.com/
Clubboxs for eps : http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania
http://clubbox.co.kr/wangja

The MBC special has been uploaded already.

jaejin

Post by jaejin » Sep 11th, '07, 14:40

I'm so surprised no one wants to sub this drama =O Was kinda hoping BON or WITHS2 would do it?

Anyhows, I just watched the special! The effects are way too cool xD

I uploaded the special (and will be uploading the drama too) here at my Livejournal community~

http://community.livejournal.com/gosenshi/9197.html

Feel free to comment and join (if you're member) and please spread the word! XD

Alethia

Post by Alethia » Sep 11th, '07, 15:16

Been waitin for this series for awhile.. now it's finally gonna be out :D
Are any of the chinese sites gonna release it at all?
I couldn't even find any hint of announcement in either tsks or yycaf... :unsure:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 11th, '07, 15:52

Alethia wrote:Been waitin for this series for awhile.. now it's finally gonna be out :D
I couldn't even find any hint of announcement in either tsks or yycaf... :unsure:
tsks is subbing it in chinese.

sadly that does not help me out , as I cannot read/speak chinese. =x
Unless someone wants to take the time to translate from chinese into english.

Jir@h

Post by Jir@h » Sep 11th, '07, 19:42

Anticipating this drama very much :)

twinklesstars

Post by twinklesstars » Sep 12th, '07, 00:30

I find it is pretty strange that none of the fansub group want to sub it. I thought there will be many fans who likes BYJ and love to sub this drama for other fans to watch it since it is his first ancient drama after he starred in Aprill Snow and guest star in japanese version of the hotelier.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Sep 12th, '07, 02:47

Ep 1 was awesome, I thought.

I'll post up some screenies and hopefully it'll help "ensnare" some buzz and get a fan subtitle group going. Heh.

I don't know who this sinister dude is exactly but I love the acting:

Last edited by Ssang on Sep 12th, '07, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

anua

Post by anua » Sep 12th, '07, 02:58

i agree! ep 1 ACTING WAS AMAZING!!!!!! i thought it wouldn't be so good because of the fantasy plot line, but the acting really pulls you in!!! PLUS THE GRAPHICS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

oh! and the theme song is great, song by DBSK/TVXQ. :D

blog234

Post by blog234 » Sep 12th, '07, 03:10

Wow, looks awesome! Definitely the kind of drama I'd be interested in seeing. Love the fantasy type stuff :D

ps: I hope someone subs this ;)

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Sep 12th, '07, 03:23

oh wow.this drama seems great. can't wait to watch it

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 12th, '07, 04:20

MBC World will broadcast this show in about 5-6 weeks or so. So at least there will be subtitles then, and probably if no subs exist then, they'll make the MBC World broadcast -- cuts and all -- available.
find it is pretty strange that none of the fansub group want to sub it. I thought there will be many fans who likes BYJ and love to sub this drama for other fans to watch it since it is his first ancient drama after he starred in Aprill Snow and guest star in japanese version of the hotelier.
The historical dramas are really difficult to subtitle, and Yonsama is kinda outside the D-addicts main demographic. I imagine somebody will opt to take on The Lobbyist instead. BYJ is why I started watching Asian dramas, and he is still for me -- better or worse -- the most individual presence in K-drama. He borders on the ridiculous, and yet the fact that he isn't ridiculous but somehow sublime makes me want to follow this sage to the end of the earth! So, yeah, this is the ultimate BYJ role. ;)

Yeah, the vidcaps kinda play up to the Korean Lord of the Rings hype with this show. I heard the audience reception was a little mixed (this is the most experimental historical drama probably since Damo . . . ), but Episode 1 managed to pull a 20 nationwide rating, just behind SBS's King and I, which I think is near the end of its run. I need to hold its momentum before the Lobbyist starts airing in 3 weeks.

It'll be especially interesting once the Legend moves to the international market. What will the okasans of Japan do?

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Sep 12th, '07, 05:36

Some scenes above look like Final Fantasy to me, I am currently dl ep 1 from CB so anxiously waiting for it to finish so I can watch it.

belleza- I think your analysis is right on the money. BYJ is outside the main demographic in d-addicts and soompi so not a lot of buzz for this drama. I don't think the reason was because its an ancient drama so its very difficult to subbed and therefore not a lot of group willing to pick up this project. I bet anything that if JJH was the main character the project would be pick a long time a go!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 12th, '07, 05:55

OMG I've been waiting for this ever since Jumong has ended. I was so sad when that drama ended until I heard there will be a semi continuation to the story. Wow the trailer's so great. The special effects are like watching a movie in the big screen. Lot of work and dedication must have taken to film this drama.

Please subbers someone sub this drama. A lot of fans will truly i mean truly appreciate all your hard work. :cheers: :cheers: :w00t:

By the way, who is BJY and what other dramas has he done? I swear I recognize him from somewhere but just can't pinpoint it. Anyone know?

twinklesstars

Post by twinklesstars » Sep 12th, '07, 07:35

the chinese sub group tsks is subbing this drama.

garnet07: BYJ was the main character in WInter Sonata and Hotelier and April Snow.

Gummi bear: from your response it seem like BYJ isn't right for the role in the drama so noone want to sub this drama. Sorry if I took it wrong way.

tkman1

i uploaded some scenes

Post by tkman1 » Sep 12th, '07, 09:00

i posted up the batte scene between the two divine guardians from ep 1

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=ZkyM14EXTdg$

i wanted to show you guys the battle of the four guardians ( including the two ).
but i am a litte bit lazy :D . hopefully you guys enjoy it

here's the pictures of the four guardians
Attachments
legend_netizen070912020220260.jpg
legend_netizen070912020220260.jpg (45.11 KiB) Viewed 10680 times
legend_netizen070912020220262.jpg
legend_netizen070912020220262.jpg (30.16 KiB) Viewed 10680 times
legend_netizen070912020220263.jpg
legend_netizen070912020220263.jpg (44.65 KiB) Viewed 10680 times
legend_netizen070912020220261.jpg
legend_netizen070912020220261.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 10682 times
Last edited by tkman1 on Sep 12th, '07, 10:00, edited 19 times in total.

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » Sep 12th, '07, 09:06

Gummi Bear wrote:belleza- I think your analysis is right on the money. BYJ is outside the main demographic in d-addicts and soompi so not a lot of buzz for this drama. I don't think the reason was because its an ancient drama so its very difficult to subbed and therefore not a lot of group willing to pick up this project. I bet anything that if JJH was the main character the project would be pick a long time a go!
It still depends. JJH would probably help since he's an extremely popular piece of eyecandy at the moment, but it still rests largely on whether drama fansub groups have enough resources to handle subbing an ancient drama. For one, the ancient language is extremely hard for translators to translate, and it takes a lot of dedication and resources to pick up an ancient drama. None of the ancient dramas that have been announced have been picked up by fansub groups, so The Legend isn't the only one.

The idea's been tossed around in fansub groups for The Legend, actually, but MBC America is also releasing a DVD with English subs, 2 weeks after it airs. That's probably another reason why it hasn't been picked up yet :3 That, and if you look at the Kdrama fansub map, most groups are still finishing off several dramas from earlier seasons or ones that are currently airing, so yeah.

Of course, it would be awesome for a fansub group to pick this up since ripping DVD subs and distributing is frowned upon, but who knows? =P

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 12th, '07, 19:17

good thing I started this thread. Maybe it will prod someone into subbing it. *Stares at S2 or B.O.N*

First EP

Seoul 21.6% nationwide : 20.0%
that's pretty darn good for a first ep.....

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Sep 13th, '07, 05:19

Hanjae wrote:
Gummi Bear wrote:belleza- I think your analysis is right on the money. BYJ is outside the main demographic in d-addicts and soompi so not a lot of buzz for this drama. I don't think the reason was because its an ancient drama so its very difficult to subbed and therefore not a lot of group willing to pick up this project. I bet anything that if JJH was the main character the project would be pick a long time a go!
It still depends. JJH would probably help since he's an extremely popular piece of eyecandy at the moment, but it still rests largely on whether drama fansub groups have enough resources to handle subbing an ancient drama. For one, the ancient language is extremely hard for translators to translate, and it takes a lot of dedication and resources to pick up an ancient drama. None of the ancient dramas that have been announced have been picked up by fansub groups, so The Legend isn't the only one.

The idea's been tossed around in fansub groups for The Legend, actually, but MBC America is also releasing a DVD with English subs, 2 weeks after it airs. That's probably another reason why it hasn't been picked up yet :3 That, and if you look at the Kdrama fansub map, most groups are still finishing off several dramas from earlier seasons or ones that are currently airing, so yeah.

Of course, it would be awesome for a fansub group to pick this up since ripping DVD subs and distributing is frowned upon, but who knows? =P
I didn'tk now that MBC America will be releasing English subs, if that's the case it would make sense that no group is interested in investing so much effort to sub it now when there's gonna be sub available later on.

twinklesstars: actually what I meant was that maybe BYJ is not as popular/well known in d-addicts so therefore not a lot of people here know about The Legend so maybe that's why no group is subbing it not because he is not suitable for the role :lol

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Sep 13th, '07, 06:00

Wow, another historical drama. After watching Jumong, I loved it. Even when it was 80+ episodes. Luckily, this one is only 24. :D Doesn't look like a bad drama though. :D

mera

Post by mera » Sep 13th, '07, 06:18

what I meant was that maybe BYJ is not as popular/well known in d-addicts so therefore not a lot of people here know about The Legend so maybe that's why no group is subbing it not because he is not suitable for the role
:blink :blink
Is it really true :-( ..... I thought that BYJ is well known because of his big hit Winter Sonata there are many people who watch & love it ..... moreover BYJ is well-known in Japan & we have a big community of Japanese fans here :-)
anyway I hope that every one will see him in the new drama
:mrgreen:
-------------------------------
good thing I started this thread. Maybe it will prod someone into subbing it. *Stares at S2 or B.O.N*
:-) I hope so

mera

Post by mera » Sep 13th, '07, 06:24

I just found tat the 1st ep is now on d-addicts :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: but still no seeders :-( hope I could dl it soon
here is the link
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 534#856534

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 13th, '07, 09:25

After watching Jumong I become so addicted to Historical k-drama.I really hope that somebody will sub this, because I don't live in America, so I don't have MBC America.
But even if there are no subs I'll watch it, because I'm so fonf of it.Moreover I've watch Jumong which focus on Goguryo, now i'm watching Seo Dong Yo hich focus on Baekjae, so Tae Wang Sa Shin Ki is a continuation of this wonderful story.

Thanks for the summary and for the pics.

namja23

Post by namja23 » Sep 14th, '07, 01:29

I can help with some of the translations if anyone is willing to sub.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Sep 14th, '07, 01:43

WITH S2 is subbing this drama!

Their wiki on which versions they'll use to softsub it:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo

Post by xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo » Sep 14th, '07, 01:44

WITH S2 is subbing it. I'm sure that they'll let you help translate. ^^
I think they're gonna need quite a few to help translate this. =]

Sooo happy that WITH S2 decided to take on this project! ^O^

twinklesstars

Post by twinklesstars » Sep 14th, '07, 04:02

I have some bad news that tsks stopped subbing this series in chinese cause they received a copyright letter from the company but they will put their new series on gogobox, btchina and clubbox. I am not sure if there are other groups is going to sub this series in chinese

beertax

Post by beertax » Sep 14th, '07, 04:26

kawaiigarden wrote:After watching Jumong I become so addicted to Historical k-drama.I really hope that somebody will sub this, because I don't live in America, so I don't have MBC America.
But even if there are no subs I'll watch it, because I'm so fonf of it.Moreover I've watch Jumong which focus on Goguryo, now i'm watching Seo Dong Yo hich focus on Baekjae, so Tae Wang Sa Shin Ki is a continuation of this wonderful story.

This is at best loosely-based on history. It's more of a fantasy-fiction.

On the other hand, I am impressed by the quality of the case and especially the two head writers, one of whom scripted "hourglass-sandglass-sand clock" aka Mo Rae Shi Gae.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Sep 14th, '07, 08:37

kawaiigarden wrote:After watching Jumong I become so addicted to Historical k-drama.I really hope that somebody will sub this, because I don't live in America, so I don't have MBC America.

Ditto that. I was quite sad that Jumong was over because it's my #1 favorite korean drama I ever watched. I was never a fan of historical dramas until Jumong, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good. Can't wait to see it with subs. Btw, With S2 is subbing this series. :)

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 14th, '07, 10:44

Thank yo so much WITHS2, you're the best.I've watch the 2 first episode and I'm already addicted to this drama.I love all the characters, I love the fantasy side.I'm really excited about this drama.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 14th, '07, 11:12

1st post updated. Hope to keep it up to date. Fee. free to give me anything to add.

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 14th, '07, 11:16

Yeah, I don't expect The Legend to approach Jumong / Jewel in the Palace territory. It's not really a period drama serial or *that* kind of show, and it wasn't intended as such.
I haven't decide whether to wait for the MBC America broadcast or not.

Ratings look good so far. 20.4-26.9-26.9 for first 3 episodes. From Soompi, it looks like backstory hasn't fully completed yet, so ratings could hit past 30 by the 2nd week run of the show. If so, that's about the pace Jumong was out of the gate. Then it'll be interesting how this show holds up once the Lobbyist airs.

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 14th, '07, 22:29

hehe...i actually thought the legend was a film when i saw the poster a year ago...cos ive never seen a drama quite like this that mixes fantasy with history

but wow looking at the screencaps i think im gona enjoy watching this!!
it has a very lord of the rings feel to it...
but the graphics look amazing! like something out of Final Fantasy.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 14th, '07, 23:34

its quite intresting to see how many non koreans would watch this and not understand anything apart from a few words. just the screen caps is making me drool and i'll look forward to having all of this to watch when i have time

Kraze

Post by Kraze » Sep 15th, '07, 03:32

wujou_mao wrote:its quite intresting to see how many non koreans would watch this and not understand anything apart from a few words.
its quite interesting to see how many koreans would watch this..and still not understand anything apart from a few words :|

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 15th, '07, 06:52

Kraze wrote:
wujou_mao wrote:its quite intresting to see how many non koreans would watch this and not understand anything apart from a few words.
its quite interesting to see how many koreans would watch this..and still not understand anything apart from a few words :|
you mean they are speaking some form of olde korean like Shakespere English?
ooH, also the opening scene on episode one in the cave, its a Lava cave on Jedu Island .ive been there, so i was chuffed i recognised it [Dae jangguem was filmed on the island too]

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 15th, '07, 07:57

khmai_kandi22 wrote:

Ditto that. I was quite sad that Jumong was over because it's my #1 favorite korean drama I ever watched. I was never a fan of historical dramas until Jumong, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good. Can't wait to see it with subs. Btw, With S2 is subbing this series. :)
Khmai, if you enjoyed Jumong, you would definitely enjoy Emperor of the Sea. The story is just as exciting and the pace as fast. The lead in Jumong is the second lead in EOTS, and he looks better in EOTS! Finally, EOTS's music and songs are better than Jumong's, IMO.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 15th, '07, 12:30

I love all the fantasy in this drama, when I watch it I've the impression to play Final Fantasy.I can't wait to see episode 4.The story seems to become more and more interesting.

lilkorsy

who is BYJ supposed to like??

Post by lilkorsy » Sep 16th, '07, 01:55

i don't get it...
the first episode showed BYJ in love with SJ and not that other girl..
but now in the present who does he like??
:unsure: :-(

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 16th, '07, 19:29

In the first episode BYJ is in love with Saeo (Lee Ji Ah), and Ka jin (Moon So Ri) the Godess of Fire loves BYJ.
But later, in the future, Sujini is the reincarnation of Seao and she's the red god phoenix.At first, I think BYJ falls in love with Kiha(Moon so Ri) the reincarnation of Ka jin, because he met her when he was a kid, but I think that he'll understand that the love of his life is Sujini, who is the reincarnation of Saeo when he met her.
Moreover things gonna be intense in this love triangle because Sujini and Kiha are sisters, but they don't know it.
It's my interpretation, but I can't be certain because it's just the beginning, and I don't speak korean fluently.

Maybe somebody can tell us more about it?

Thank you.

mera

Post by mera » Sep 17th, '07, 06:09

kawaiigarden
I think you are right .... as I know from BYJ fan-sites that the love of his life is suzeeny
so whatever happened he will ends with suzeeny
but I wonder How suzeeny's mom get the red Necklace ???? I know that the great king had it after Saeo died .... so from where did her mom take it
I hope the sub will be out soon .... so we could understand because it looks like a GREAT drama :-)

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 17th, '07, 08:31

About the necklace and the three other object which simbolize the 4 gods, I think that in the past they were entrusted to 4 family, and the object stayed in these family generation after generation, waiting the birth of the 2 prince.The night where the two prince appears in this world, the 4 object reborn and became to life, as we can see in the second episode.It's the reason why, the mother of suzini and kiha has the necklace.

Of course it's just my interpretation and the little things that i seem to understand, but I'm not so sure.I wait the wonderful subs of WITHS2, to understand.
Thank you WITHS2, to take this challenge.You're the best.

Kraze

Post by Kraze » Sep 17th, '07, 19:53

kawaiigarden wrote:About the necklace and the three other object which simbolize the 4 gods, I think that in the past they were entrusted to 4 family, and the object stayed in these family generation after generation, waiting the birth of the 2 prince.The night where the two prince appears in this world, the 4 object reborn and became to life, as we can see in the second episode.It's the reason why, the mother of suzini and kiha has the necklace.

Of course it's just my interpretation and the little things that i seem to understand, but I'm not so sure.I wait the wonderful subs of WITHS2, to understand.
that could be since BYJ when he was a god said he and the others would one day return to earth.
kawaiigarden wrote:In the first episode BYJ is in love with Saeo (Lee Ji Ah), and Ka jin (Moon So Ri) the Godess of Fire loves BYJ.
But later, in the future, Sujini is the reincarnation of Seao and she's the red god phoenix.
i thought kiha (moon so ri) was the reincarnation of the fire goddess 0_o she controls fire in episode 4.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 17th, '07, 20:55

Kiha controls fire because of the necklace, but Suzini is the reincarnation of the scarlet phoenix, because she doesn't need an object to control the fire, we can see it in episode 2, when she was camping with her master and that she increases the fire.
But I don't know how there are two persons who can control the fire.I only know that suzini and kiha are sisters.

Kraze

Post by Kraze » Sep 17th, '07, 21:31

odd 0_o i thought the fire phoenix was represented by the fire jewel. but then again, it is a drama lol

Newbie-Forever

Post by Newbie-Forever » Sep 17th, '07, 22:37

Archaenon wrote:
Alethia wrote:Been waitin for this series for awhile.. now it's finally gonna be out :D
tsks is subbing it in chinese.

sadly that does not help me out , as I cannot read/speak chinese. =x
Unless someone wants to take the time to translate from chinese into english.
Let's pray together WITH-S2 won't have any problem when subbing this wonderful drama. So we'll be able to watch this early. :-) :-) :-)

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Sep 17th, '07, 23:44

omg omg i cannot WAIT to start watching this :w00t:

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Sep 18th, '07, 06:36

Kraze wrote:
kawaiigarden wrote:About the necklace and the three other object which simbolize the 4 gods, I think that in the past they were entrusted to 4 family, and the object stayed in these family generation after generation, waiting the birth of the 2 prince.The night where the two prince appears in this world, the 4 object reborn and became to life, as we can see in the second episode.It's the reason why, the mother of suzini and kiha has the necklace.

that could be since BYJ when he was a god said he and the others would one day return to earth.
kawaiigarden wrote:In the first episode BYJ is in love with Saeo (Lee Ji Ah), and Ka jin (Moon So Ri) the Godess of Fire loves BYJ.
But later, in the future, Sujini is the reincarnation of Seao and she's the red god phoenix.
i thought kiha (moon so ri) was the reincarnation of the fire goddess 0_o she controls fire in episode 4.
Did kiha received the Phoenix Heart pendant or something? That could be why you think she was the reincarnation of that one fire goddess.

Btw, just watched Episode 1. It was really awesome. Can't wait to see the rest! :lol

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 18th, '07, 09:17

About Kiha, Suzini and the necklace.
Yes, Kiha receive the necklace when she was young.This is her mother who gave the necklace to her because they were under attack, so she gave her the necklace and Suzini, her little sister, who were just a baby at the time.But during the battle, they were separeted,and the man who discovers Kiha thinks that kiha is the reincarnation of the fire godess because she has the necklace, he doesn't know that kiha has a sister and that sister has the same power without the necklace
You can see it in the second episode.But I wait the english sub to understand much of this story, because it's complicated.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Sep 18th, '07, 09:18

mera

Post by mera » Sep 19th, '07, 07:57

yes it is very complicated ..... hope that all these mystery things will resolved later when we watch the next ep with sub :wub:
anyway thanx to every one :cheers: who trying to help me to find answers about this drama
I have another question but I'll wait a little may be I could find an answer to it myself :wub:
hope all will enjoy watching the drama :-)
& don't forget a new ep will be aired today & BYJ will appear for the 1st time in it :wub:
looks that his scenes in this ep are so good & CUTE :thumright:
happy watching

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 19th, '07, 16:30

Just like you I can't wait to see this episode 4.

cookieremix

Post by cookieremix » Sep 24th, '07, 00:27

just saw ep. 1 over but with subs
and it's really intense
especially knowing that they're saying Dx
the four gods story he tells is really saddening

can't wait until ep. 2 subs come out ^^

mera

Post by mera » Sep 24th, '07, 07:58

me too hope everything go fine with the subbing team :-)
Ah why the days passes sooooooooo slow :crazy: hurry up a little and let wednesday come.... I want to watch the new ep :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:salut:

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 24th, '07, 14:52

Oh My God, I can't wait to watch episode 2 to 5 with the subs.WithS2 are really amazing.Thank you guys. I'm so happy to have 2 episodes each weeks.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Sep 24th, '07, 17:30

All right, just came by to say I'll be doing a marathon tonight and will surely post my thoughs on ep2-5. Hope we can get this thread moving and discuss a whole lot about this series. :lol

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 26th, '07, 18:31

I absolutely love this series so far and can't wait to see how it develops. I'm starting to feel sympathy towards Ho Gae, especially after seeing the events of episode 3, but it'll be short lived since I know everything is pretty much downhill from there.

:wub: Young Suzini is hilarious and by far my favorite character. Too bad we won't be seeing more of her, but the actors that played the younger versions of the four leads all did an amazing job.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Sep 26th, '07, 20:49

Me too I really loved the young Sujini character.I love this young actress, she also played the role of the young Hwang Jin Yi in Hwang Jin Yi the drama with Ha Ji Won, and she has a little apparition in Spring waltz.I think that we'll see her a lot more in the futur.
I love the adult actress who plays Sujini's role too.She's so cute, and so lively and funny.
I love the moment when Kiha watches Dam-deok speaks with Sujini and said, it's the first time that I see him laugh like that since that incident (the death of Ho Gae mother).Even if,right now, Dam-deok is in love with Kiha, the only person who can make him happy is Sujini, His true love.As you understand, I'm already a fan of the couple : Dam-deok/Sujini.

cindai

Post by cindai » Sep 26th, '07, 23:06

me too. i can't wait to see dam deok and sujini together again. i like the young sujini too. she's so funny that make me laugh whenever i watch her action. the adult sujini is also begin to be my favourite one. i hate to see the scene with dam deok and kiha :D

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Sep 28th, '07, 05:04

I just caught up on the first 5 eps and I'm really enjoying this.

I loved young Sujini. She was awesome.

I'm very excited to see how this all plays out.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Sep 28th, '07, 16:04

I barely had a chance to watch ep2-4 a few nights ago and boy, ep3 was a really good one. I think I'll have to rewatch ep3 again because I got distracted. :P

Young Sujini and young Dam Deok is so cute! I like Sujini the most because she's mischievous, nice, and act like such a tomboy. Their adult characters are growing on me as well. I gotta watch ep5 to see what else happens. :lol

cmoyas

Post by cmoyas » Sep 28th, '07, 23:20

I also like the young Sujini, was full of life, such a good performance. I've watched until the 5 episode and each new chapter is better than the previous.
It looks than the subs 6 and 7 are coming really soon, i hope so.

cookieremix

Post by cookieremix » Sep 29th, '07, 00:44

it's truely amazing how they find these young actors @__@
they're all so talented! and so adorable~
especially Yoo Seung Ho (young dam-deok)
ahaha he's so cute x3

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Sep 29th, '07, 07:46

I watched 6 and 7 without subs. Didn't understand any of the Korean but I didn't mind just watching it.

I want more Sujini!

Yeah, Yoo Seung Ho was really good too.

calcal

Post by calcal » Sep 29th, '07, 19:02

Hi,

Can anyone upload episode 7 mickeybaby version through either yousendit.com or bigmail? I just moved into a uni hostel and all the local ports for p2p are blocked and I don't have episode 7.. :cry: I really like this show a lot...but can't find it anywhere else..cannot download using clubbox, bt..