Likable or not a.k.a I hate you, but its fine (KBS1, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
drstrange

Likable or not a.k.a I hate you, but its fine (KBS1, 2007)

Post by drstrange » Nov 24th, '07, 10:18

So I'm channel surfing in my dorm and I stumble across this kdrama and despite bring Korean, I never found myself interested in Kdramas. However, this particular drama caught my eye and perhaps it was Han Ji Hye because I saw her somewhere else. Anywhos, this drama has me really hooked and I was wondering if there were any torrents up because I tried searching for it and I got nothing. I also tried its other title, "I hate you but its fine."

Oh yea, don't flame me for being a first time poster that's scrubbing for requests...I've been lurking.

Drama.exe

Post by Drama.exe » Nov 27th, '07, 11:53

Looks like you need to head on over to the soompi forums. I'd provide a link but soompi seems to be down atm. Im sure they have non clubbox downloads there under a section called "Resources".

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 6th, '08, 07:11

It's really a nice drama, I love DB & BH together..

Here is BH & Sua dance in KBS award with wonder girls..

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 6th, '08, 07:12

KBS Daily Series Top 40% Ratings

The KBS daily drama series 'Likable or Not' starring Han Ji-hye and Kim Ji-seok has reached 40% in ratings.

In a TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielsen Media survey, the ratings topped 40%, the highest yet in a self-commissioned poll and the highest among programs on all channels in the same time slot.

The drama centers on families involving remarriage in an aim to underline familial value.

Kim's confessed love toward Han and actor Jo Dong-hyuk's betrayal of his long-time love over a rich girl keep viewers tuned in every day while veteran cast members help create a balanced drama.

credit @ soompi..

Wo0o0W, it's obvious that it break all expectation with a very high rating.. :w00t:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 6th, '08, 07:15

@belleza..

That for u.. he is going to take a part in this drama & he'll love someone but I'll not spoil it..

He'll play woojin..

name: Lee Sang-Yoon [이상윤]
birth year: 1981

he is a graduate of Korea's most prestigious university, Seoul University, majoring in physics.
he came out in MBC 'aircity' as Choi Ji-Woo's first love recently. he also starred in a KBS dramacity episode.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 11th, '08, 05:53

I hope the above guy ends up being JY's new thing, because SJ really needs his a$$ kicked.

Speaking of, I missed so much of this show the past month on KBS America, and I'm really mad that . . .
Evil Sua ended up stealing Sunjae from poor Ji-Young. WTH Evil Sua? Still mad that Hyung-Bin oppa picked evil Sung Yuri over you in Snow Queen? Thought that if you acted like Bora, you can get Mr. Hot Banker?
@Arabian . . .
I was very scattershot with the show from episode 25-40-something. So when I started watching the show seriously again, SJ finally left JY and then JY freaked out. How did Evil Sua win him over? Was it due to his family wanting this? Or did he REALLY fall for Evil Sua's spoiled ways? I hate SJ; but he's really hot. And he looks kinda British! :D I assume the new guy is going to woo JY.

Also, is Sonia and the uncle together now?
This show's a winner. I liked Heaven and Earth more than most folks, mostly because it went away from romantic triangles and emphasized the lives of the ajuhmmas and older family members. (also Park Hae Jin is the next Hyung Bin. Cute and really, really emo! :D ) But this show is glorious. There's SO many families with wacky romantic brouhaha all over the place. It manages to be a magnficient car accident AND adorable at the same time. :D

And about the 40 rating . . . yeah, speculation goes that as the romantic pairing between Da Poong and Baek Ho starts to gear up, it's also helped by the gossip column material between Han Ji Hye and Lee Dong Gun.

THAT said, the audience for the show have been more positive than toward H&E and Pure 19/Pure in Heart, probably due to Han Ji Hye's girl-next-door superpopularity. That and everybody in the Kingdom of Chosun HATES HATES HATES Evil Sua!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 11th, '08, 07:30

@belleza..

Spoiler.. :lol
before she was trying to get him from JY but she couldn't & also SJ mother is friend with mrs.Choe & when she saw Sua at first she wanted her for her son SJ but he always refuse & so one time he faced some finance problems with his project so a lot of those who invest begin to drop & it was a lot of pressure on him cuz the future of the company on this project so Sua tel her Grandmother to help him so she approved & talked to SJ that she'll help him but under one condition to love Sua, so he approaved & she help him to go through this problem & help the company >> what make him accept this offer was his father refused to help him & also cuz he heard some of his friends badmouthing him about his talent on dealing with this kind of project, so he end up with Sua & his mother like it soooo much, without mention that before that when JY came to visit SJ parents his mother treated her badly but his father & sister liked her..
I hate SJ & in the same time I can't blame him too>> tonight I think it'll be Ep 62 or 61 :lol & a lot of things happen ..

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 15th, '08, 12:55

Thanks for the head-up. I got another question for you . . .
I'm at the point where Evil Sua and Stupid But Extremely Hot Investment Banker are preparing their wedding. Bleh. At least the fortune teller tells like it is!

It looks like Ji-Yeoung found a new man? Who is he? Also, are Sonia and the Uncle together? It seems like Sonia's really close to the child and it doesn't look like they're in a relationship. Also there doesn't seem to be any issue between the mom and Sonia. Do they even know yet?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 15th, '08, 13:23

@ belleza..

I don't know in which Ep are u now, but I'll answer from where I reach.. :lol
JY didn't meet yet anyone one she just now attend an Eng class with the one who work with her dad in the clinic & she sometimes meet with BH, recently when his girlfriend dumped him after she knew that he is not Bonjour food presiedent real son :, but from what i read that JY will meet a man in the next Ep I think by 90s, Sonya become close to chan & his father too & something fishy also betwee both of them but they don't show it in the same time his ex-wife try to be a better mom & I think she maybe want to get back to him .. :-)>> also more about fortune teller>> I don't know how people still believe these things.. Sua grandmother trying to convice SJ to live with them after married but his father as usual refused.. :lol >> nice attitude alwasy from his father he loves to ruin everything >> I found his character funny :mrgreen: ..

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 15th, '08, 19:24

Thanks for the heads up Arabian!

Hmm. Just found that the actor who plays the dorky plastic surgeon is actually a cousin of Lee Yo Won of Bad Love. Huh.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jan 15th, '08, 19:37

--im kinda wondering why it hasn't been uploaded yet, since its a big hit in korea?? i hope someone will upload it here :unsure:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 15th, '08, 20:17

@belleza..

how cool the dork :mrgreen:, nice it seems the whole family acting & when I checked her profile she seem to me Ajumma>> married & has a daugther.. :lol

@guccijana..

I think Xarymind uploaded the Ep I don't know till which Ep but check the torrent & u'll find it with Eng sub.. he keep uploading the Ep usually I think weekly.. :-)

andievo

Post by andievo » Jan 15th, '08, 20:26

guccijana wrote:--im kinda wondering why it hasn't been uploaded yet, since its a big hit in korea?? i hope someone will upload it here :unsure:
it is uploaded here until ep 59 for the moment, thanks to XrayMind!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_55744.htm :thumright:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jan 16th, '08, 04:09

andievo wrote:
guccijana wrote:--im kinda wondering why it hasn't been uploaded yet, since its a big hit in korea?? i hope someone will upload it here :unsure:

arabian wrote:@belleza..

how cool the dork :mrgreen:, nice it seems the whole family acting & when I checked her profile she seem to me Ajumma>> married & has a daugther.. :lol

@guccijana..

I think Xarymind uploaded the Ep I don't know till which Ep but check the torrent & u'll find it with Eng sub.. he keep uploading the Ep usually I think weekly.. :-)

ohh I spoke too soon, thank you guys im checking it out right now :-)

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 18th, '08, 19:36

Isn't he cute.. :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 6th, '08, 09:52

OMG, just finished episode 71 (aka The Locker Episode), and I think it's my single favorite K-drama episode of the last 2 years. Seriously, I was totally having a MiSa weepy moment there. How could you not fall in love with Baekho after what he did?
I just loved how the Locker scene was written.

First, when he puts on jacket on her, his hands can't stop shaking because it's so cold. I mean, literally, he can barely put it on her because his hands won't stop shaking. I just loved that detail. At that moment, he's doing this out of love. And because Baekho's a man's man. Uh huh! :D

Then, he realizes that they could really die. I just LOVED it when he was holding her like that with the jacket. It was like the first time he could really express his love for her without expressing his love for her, and I just loved how she was starting to melt in his arms. I just loved what he said (roughly) "don't think of us as man and woman, just follow my lead", because it is how he said it. At this point in the drama, we really believe in Baekho's decency and humility, and we love how Baekho talks to her like your best friend would. Kim Ji Suk's played this part so nicely, and he didn't overact in that scene.

But, the best part is when he realizes she may actually die. Oh my that's when my tear ducs went!! He already has icicles all over his face, but then he throws all his clothes on her. And at that point, he's freaking out -- he probably knows he'll probably die doing this -- but he's SO SO SO terrified that she may die too. The beautiful part of that scene is -- true to the character -- Baekho starts expressing how much regret he had over their situation, much like he's properly expressed regret over not being better to his mom, or not finding a decent job. And also at this point, he's convulsing from both the cold and just going nuts over her, and she's kinda in/out not really noticing anything. Oh that killed me!!! That scene was such a nice build, and so unlike the rest of the show. And Kim Ji Suk doesn't overact in that scene; that was definitely Baekho holding Danpung.

And then, I love how he just looks so happy and yet defeated once he knows she's okay and leaves the hospital on his own. Like he knew even after all this, he can't tell her. Arrrrggghhhh!!!!

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 6th, '08, 19:23

i hate mrs. choi--what a misserable old woman-- and sua what a spoiled little brat- ugh just because they're rich they think they own the world.. anyway i hope Jo Dong Hyuk chooses Hwang Ji-- and not sua

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 6th, '08, 20:11

One thing I like about the show is about half of the cast is borderline despicable, yet kinda adorable at the same time. I hate them, but it's fine! :D
nyway i hope Jo Dong Hyuk chooses Hwang Ji-- and not sua
IMO, the worst people on the show are definitely Sun Jae and his mum; really, they're two from the same rotten tree. She's a horrible, horrible human being (delightfully played by the actress though) and I hope she realizes it at some point in the show. (Though to be fair, her marraige kinda sucks. Her husband is a chauvinistic, loud boor, and she probably didn't marry out of love.) Evil Sua and her grandmum are two of a kind too, but Evil Sua doesn't have real power without the pull of her grandmum. That's more apparent from Episode 70+.

Really, these people just suck! :D Miae is an awful human being too, flat-out scarring[ her son Chan with her selfish behaviour. Really, these people just suck! And let's face it -- ANY character that Han Ji Hye plays ends up inherenting her snarky cheekbones and those smug "oh that's nice" eyes. Even when she's nice, she can't help be a ****. :D

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 6th, '08, 20:25

belleza..
I couldn't agree more about ur opinion of SJ & his suck mother.. money is all what she thinks about .. she thought it's brought the happiness to someone life & that what she did when she want Sua as her daugther in law .. I finished Ep80 if I'm not wrong & u'll see how SJ mother will suffer because of Sua childish behavior & that she is irresponsible when it come to marriage life.. but what pissed off that the mother easily cjanged her attitude when ever Sua bribe her with expensive gift :glare: .. about Jy she seems to be will fall in love soon with ulja>> not sure of the spelling :D but it'll not make her forget SJ.. I really want her to love & marry him & to not back to the selfish SJ & if she did she'll be really make herself cheap to forgive all what he did to her.. BH & DB are so cute couple as the one in my siggy 8) .. but when I read about them in soompi it seem we still have a long way to see those both together in love without any hesitation :scratch:

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 8th, '08, 00:49

geeez im on episode 60--gosh ihope sa and sj get marries and have a horrible life.. i hope that sj mom regrets it and feel miserable....

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 8th, '08, 05:37

geeez im on episode 60--gosh ihope sa and sj get marries and have a horrible life.. i hope that sj mom regrets it and feel miserable....
When they get there, let's just say Evil Sua turns into Baby Sua! (OMG she doesn't even pour her own water! LOLxLifetime of Marraige Hell!) :D

gucci -- Let me know when you get to episode 71! :D

@arabian
What most bothers me about the mom is that she's doing this out of her own happiness. This is really, really apparent when Sua and Seonjae are working out where they should live prior to the marraige. EVERY single time, the mom sides with the Chois, as if she was a servant or agent for the Chois. I totally understand her desire for her son to marry well and to move up in social and economic class. I totally understand that she wants to be a peacemaker, so that the marraige happens.

But I'm sorry -- she flat out treated her son like prized cattle. She wanted to keep all those wedding gifts, not because it would hurt their feelings, but because SHE wanted the alligator purse, the gold and the mink coat. It's all about her her her! Also -- just like you said -- I don't like how easily Sua can bribe Mrs. Na. I mean, I understand in Sua's world, buying stuff to make amends is probably all she knows. But Mrs. Na should know better; she lets her vanity and selfishness make her side with Sua no matter what.

And let's face it -- Mrs. Na is the worst kind of friend for Baek Ho's mother. We all have friends like that, you know? They pretend to help you be BFF when you're down or lower than they are, but then when something actually is good, they want to secretly tear you down. Just look at the way she treats her whenever she's visiting Mrs. Choi. . .like a servant!!

Oh I hate her. But, you know, I kinda love her too. I liked the actress's performance in Capital Scandal a lot; here, as despicable as her character is, she's actually very funny and very silly. :D

I'm not too happy with Danpung either. I get that Hyun-yu is very pushy, a little possessive, and not a little creepy. I get that he's WAY WAY rushing their marraige considering that they haven't really kissed yet. But, the way Danpung is treated their relationship is incredibly naive too. She herself admits that she's not sure whether she loves him. Well, if you're not sure, then you shoot down any talk of marraige just like that! At leasts, her brother KNOWS he's doing it for the money.

I mean, she's in her 20s. If you're not sure whether you're in love with somebody, then you're not in love with them. If you're not sure whether you love them, then you definitely don't love them. And you need to clearly communicate that with your boyfriend! I mean, every other person in the story is more sensible (or calculating) in their relationships than she is. She's leading him on and just setting him for a big, big fall.

Normally I'd be really unhappy with how slow this story is. And it's possible that this may have the slowest plot of recent daily dramas. They don't realize their families are interconnected until the wedding in Episode 75-76!! As of Episode 80, the triangle involving Baek Ho's uncle hasn't started yet. She just found how he feels about her, and Sua still doesn't know how to cook rice from a cooker! What?!?

But, at the same time, I really liked how Danpung-Baekho has kinda been 2nd tier for more than half of the show; it was the comic relief for the most soapy stuff going around it. It was always there and made you smile and laugh. Now, it's finally become the central story, and you really feel like their feelings for each other really came from a budding friendship.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Feb 8th, '08, 16:08

andievo wrote:

this sounds like a interestin series!!! i cant wait to watch it how many episodes is therE?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 9th, '08, 00:30

belleza wrote:
When they get there, let's just say Evil Sua turns into Baby Sua! (OMG she doesn't even pour her own water! LOLxLifetime of Marraige Hell!) :D

gucci -- Let me know when you get to episode 71! :D

@arabian
What most bothers me about the mom is that she's doing this out of her own happiness. This is really, really apparent when Sua and Seonjae are working out where they should live prior to the marraige. EVERY single time, the mom sides with the Chois, as if she was a servant or agent for the Chois. I totally understand her desire for her son to marry well and to move up in social and economic class. I totally understand that she wants to be a peacemaker, so that the marraige happens.

But I'm sorry -- she flat out treated her son like prized cattle. She wanted to keep all those wedding gifts, not because it would hurt their feelings, but because SHE wanted the alligator purse, the gold and the mink coat. It's all about her her her! Also -- just like you said -- I don't like how easily Sua can bribe Mrs. Na. I mean, I understand in Sua's world, buying stuff to make amends is probably all she knows. But Mrs. Na should know better; she lets her vanity and selfishness make her side with Sua no matter what.

And let's face it -- Mrs. Na is the worst kind of friend for Baek Ho's mother. We all have friends like that, you know? They pretend to help you be BFF when you're down or lower than they are, but then when something actually is good, they want to secretly tear you down. Just look at the way she treats her whenever she's visiting Mrs. Choi. . .like a servant!!

Oh I hate her. But, you know, I kinda love her too. I liked the actress's performance in Capital Scandal a lot; here, as despicable as her character is, she's actually very funny and very silly. :D

I'm not too happy with Danpung either. I get that Hyun-yu is very pushy, a little possessive, and not a little creepy. I get that he's WAY WAY rushing their marraige considering that they haven't really kissed yet. But, the way Danpung is treated their relationship is incredibly naive too. She herself admits that she's not sure whether she loves him. Well, if you're not sure, then you shoot down any talk of marraige just like that! At leasts, her brother KNOWS he's doing it for the money.

I mean, she's in her 20s. If you're not sure whether you're in love with somebody, then you're not in love with them. If you're not sure whether you love them, then you definitely don't love them. And you need to clearly communicate that with your boyfriend! I mean, every other person in the story is more sensible (or calculating) in their relationships than she is. She's leading him on and just setting him for a big, big fall.

Normally I'd be really unhappy with how slow this story is. And it's possible that this may have the slowest plot of recent daily dramas. They don't realize their families are interconnected until the wedding in Episode 75-76!! As of Episode 80, the triangle involving Baek Ho's uncle hasn't started yet. She just found how he feels about her, and Sua still doesn't know how to cook rice from a cooker! What?!?

But, at the same time, I really liked how Danpung-Baekho has kinda been 2nd tier for more than half of the show; it was the comic relief for the most soapy stuff going around it. It was always there and made you smile and laugh. Now, it's finally become the central story, and you really feel like their feelings for each other really came from a budding friendship.

i just finished ep73today.. wow i cant believe that that jerk SJ, and his mother..selling her son like that for money--i love the father though, honest respectable person who only wants the best for his son...
Poor HJ--i hope she becomes happy with the guy she went to school with--whatever his name was--he seemed very nice--(wouldnt it be funny if sua fell for him and he rejected her just like SJ rejected HJ-just a thought.. I hope DP dumps the doc and finally gets together with Kang Baek.. Ohh i cant wait to see the rest of the episodes im so curious...

i hope sua wil be thought a lesson at the end!!! what is your imput?
Last edited by guccijana on Feb 9th, '08, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 9th, '08, 14:03

I hope DP dumps the doc and finally gets together with Kang Baek..
I think that's inevitable given that they're the leads in the show. The real obstacle is going to be DP's golddigger bro . . .
i hope she becomes happy with the guy she went to school with--whatever his name was
I like how they're taking their time with this. And, of course, the real obstacle is yet again going to be DP's bling, bling, fake smile bro . . .
i hope sua wil be thought a lesson at the end!!! what is your imput?
My hunch is that the marraige between DP's moneywhore brother and Baby Sua will fail. Even though DP and Baekho can legally get together, I think the fortune teller's prophecy will come true. One shall stand; one shall fall.

Personally, I hope their marraige works. I think Seon Jae's character deserves somebody like Baby Sua; he chose money and status over love. SJ and HJ were together for 10 years. TEN YEARS. If SJ had done that to me, OMG, I would kill him, kill myself, then kill him again when I see him on the other side. And then I would reincarnate myself as Baby Sua's evil baby to make Baby Sua even more miserable! The other thing is, during all those 10 years, why did SJ never mention he was in a relationship? Ever?!? Not even to his sister? What was he waiting for? I think their marraige, if it works, will eventually turn into the same one his mom and dad have. The mom ultimately seems like a disappointed wife; he seems too busy with his job (which, BTW, probably was always this way since he must have worked really hard to earn a highly respected government job without a college education) to be a loving husband. (Contrast this with Dong Ji and Jung Gil's remarraige. Even though he runs a company and she is treated like a servant by his mother, they themselves have a loving, sensitive relationship.) For Sua and SJ's marraige to work, she eventually has to accept that he -- like his father -- will prioritize work over love, and that she must accept the role his mother took. He and his mother probably assumed that any sensible woman would "do."
wow i cant believe that that jerk SJ, and his mother..selling her son like that for money--i love the father though, honest respectable person who only wants the best for his son...
It's not so much funny, but cringe-inducing watching Baby Sua trying to function as a wife. She has the maturity of a 15-year old (erm, no offense to any 15 year olds here . . . Jo Ji Hoon oppa giggle giggle squeee!!!! ;) ) who has basic, basic misconceptions about marraige. You realize that she's probably never been in a relationship before, because she truly, truly doesn't get it.

To be fair, it doesn't seem like Danpung has been in a serious relationship before either. Otherwise, she'd have shut down all this engagement conversation buzzing around her from the get-go. Hyeon-yu is dorky and a little stalker-ish . . . but it's also clear that she is very warm for Baekho. They're well past the "love/hate" stage in their friendship, and you get the feeling after Episode 79 that, as long as nobody noticed, she was kinda happy with having her cake and eating it too, so to speak. As long as Baekho didn't make a pass or didn't express his feelings, she could have things the way they were. That isn't fair to Baekho either.

The previous KBS daily drama By Land and Sky had a similar female character (actually a good person and they were in a normal, long-term loving relationship) but she was raised in a rich household and wasn't taught by her mother how to be a traditional Korean wife. Their marraige was a borderline disaster, and her own family gave her hell for it. BUT, the show gave it a semi-serious treatment, showing that not only affluent, but really modern Korean young women today have very different expectations. Here, Baby Sua is just SO SO SO outside normality. Her grandmother spoils her rotten; the lack of watching a wife-husband relationship didn't give her a model to observe; she seems kinda starved for her father's attention. And, oh yeah, Baby Sua is Evil!

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 10th, '08, 17:14

My hunch is that the marraige between DP's moneywhore brother and Baby Sua will fail. Even though DP and Baekho can legally get together, I think the fortune teller's prophecy will come true. One shall stand; one shall fall.

--I really wish after Sua and SJ get a divorce--that he comes begging HJ for forgiveness and if she could reconsider being with him again--and HJ just laughing and saying "hell no"--ahh what revenge it would be--ohh ohh I hope he also gets fired from Bonjour ,-so he will be jobless, loveless, and have NO MONEY--YAAAY

ANYWAY just seen that so anticipated ep 74-77 are out--thats the episode where BK find out that DP is evil money grabbers sister--I wonder how he will react.. :-)

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 10th, '08, 18:06

guccijana wrote:

--I really wish after Sua and SJ get a divorce--that he comes begging HJ for forgiveness and if she could reconsider being with him again--and HJ just laughing and saying "hell no"--ahh what revenge it would be--ohh ohh I hope he also gets fired from Bonjour ,-so he will be jobless, loveless, and have NO MONEY--YAAAY

ANYWAY just seen that so anticipated ep 74-77 are out--thats the episode where BK find out that DP is evil money grabbers sister--I wonder how he will react.. :-)
Actually I really hope they'll not divorce so he'll live in a Hell with a spoiled wife till the end of his life & also to not move from his parents house so that SJ mom will suffer with him by being a maid for her princess daugther in law .. so both of them will know that money will never brought the happiness.. 8) >> being so mean cuz they both deserve it.. :lol

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 10th, '08, 18:24

arabian wrote:
guccijana wrote:

Actually I really hope they'll not divorce so he'll live in a Hell with a spoiled wife till the end of his life & also to not move from his parents house so that SJ mom will suffer with him by being a maid for her princess daugther in law .. so both of them will know that money will never brought the happiness.. 8) >> being so mean cuz they both deserve it.. :lol
thats a thought--but than he still gets all the money-- and thats all he ever wanted anyway, he knew what he was getting into, he knew how spoiled sua was, and he also knew he was giving up love and happiness--(HJand her family) for money--(sua and her heartless grandma) and despite all that he went for it--that means that money and power are everything to him--he feels that if he has power he has everything and he doesn't need love..however--I agree that if they stayed at SJ house it would be a good punishment for the mom since she wanted her beloved daughter in law sua so bad... it would be funny if at the end SJ' mother thought "gosh i made a big mistake i really HATE SUA, but i have to deal with her for the rest of my life hehehe-- :crazy:

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 10th, '08, 19:40

guccijana wrote:

thats a thought--but than he still gets all the money-- and thats all he ever wanted anyway, he knew what he was getting into, he knew how spoiled sua was, and he also knew he was giving up love and happiness--(HJand her family) for money--(sua and her heartless grandma) and despite all that he went for it--that means that money and power are everything to him--he feels that if he has power he has everything and he doesn't need love..however--I agree that if they stayed at SJ house it would be a good punishment for the mom since she wanted her beloved daughter in law sua so bad... it would be funny if at the end SJ' mother thought "gosh i made a big mistake i really HATE SUA, but i have to deal with her for the rest of my life hehehe-- :crazy:
u'll see in Ep80 how Sj mom temper will begin to change .. not that much but u can say its a good start to change everything .. :P

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Feb 10th, '08, 20:11

SJ mom deserves someone like sua, I cant wait to watch the rest of the episodes ahhh !!!

ill be looking forward to ep 80 thxx :cheers:

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 12th, '08, 05:30

YAY Episode 82 Proving once again that industrial-grade Soju is not only the Fountain of a 1000 K-drama Puke Scenes (seriously, vomit is not cute Korean people! Not! Cute!), but the Drink, the Pompatous of Love!!! Yay alcoholism!! ;)
After like 10 straight episodes of Baekho getting more and more depressed, FINALLY Baekho expresses his sad, tragic love, puppy for his in-law / friend's girl Danpung. It's sloppy; it's awkward; it reeks of BBQ and liquor; but it's still sweet as can be!! Oh yes, their love is a bad love, a CRUEL love, but it must be spoken, By Soju!!

I was kinda hoping for a HJ vs. Danpung triangle -- he and his other coworker is just a nonentity. You might as well hook Danpung with Miae. I mean, that would be like really sick and funny at the same time.

The inevitable triangle between Miae and Sonia makes me nervous. I really like both people, and the relationship between Sonia and Baeko's uncle is really sweet and simple. It would really suck if they end up losing friendships or love over the two. It's likely they're saving that relationship until after Baeko and Danpung get together.
Actually I really hope they'll not divorce so he'll live in a Hell with a spoiled wife
Dang right. You two built your Full House of Evil Sua; now you live in it!! Forever!! It's just so cringe inducing too. (Grandmother Choi, you get a FAIL for raising Sua! :D ) I'm half expecting Evil Sua to practice the 3 Bears Dance while the rest of the family plot to assassinate her.
-he feels that if he has power he has everything and he doesn't need love..
It's his character. Honestly, when you see Episode 76, it just shows what really makes Seonjae happy wasn't love. Not even HJ's love. In a way, he did make the right choice, and well he's a total creep for that. He IS his mother's son.

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Feb 12th, '08, 06:25

Now I really liked Han Ji-hye in my boyfriend is type b and sweet 19? the one with the arranged marriage
So I wanted to see this one. But the lenght and some of the comments really put me off.
Is it funny or what?

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 12th, '08, 07:05

belleza wrote:
-he feels that if he has power he has everything and he doesn't need love..
It's his character. Honestly, when you see Episode 76, it just shows what really makes Seonjae happy wasn't love. Not even HJ's love. In a way, he did make the right choice, and well he's a total creep for that. He IS his mother's son.
yes it's really character not caring about marriage life as much as works & position .. that his reason to get married look what he did when he leave her in the hotel in thier Honeymoon to go bac to work & also yesterday EP on KBS World he was showing how busy & how important his position to BH >> poor him :-) .. He told him sitt while I finish those papers as if he was waiting this chance to show infront of BH.. :glare:

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 12th, '08, 08:55

he was showing how busy & how important his position to BH >> poor him
We're only up to Episode 82, but I can totally see that. Baekho and his mum are like Cinderella. They want to be accepted, but they're not and so they're treated like second-class citizens. Seonjae probably deserved the prestige job that he got, but it's like now Baekho's officially the "loser" of their family now now that Seonjae's part of the fray. That's also why I think Seonjae may stay with Sua. Eventually their family will NEED Seonjae, because he's the only qualified heir to the business.

I love Baekho though. He's just such a decent, but unlucky guy, you know? And this is maybe the first time I've ever booed at a wedding! Ahhh, love among awful, awful people is great! :D

@bjharm
Now I really liked Han Ji-hye in my boyfriend is type b and sweet 19? the one with the arranged marriage
So I wanted to see this one. But the lenght and some of the comments really put me off.
Is it funny or what?
If you're a fan of Han Ji Hye, you'll get to watch Han Ji Hye for probably 70-80 hours. I think the show's shooting for 168 episodes.

This is the first thing I've seen of Kim Ji Suk besides Nonsyop 5. LoveLetter variety show. Here's a little clip with Ji Suk in NN5

One thing about daily dramas is that, even though you have "leads", there's usually various storylines and triangles that kinda develop on its own between various cast members. For the first 55 episodes of the show, the main storylines doesn't really involve Han Ji Hye's character or her own romantic love-life. Her character Dan Pung and Baekho's situation is more of the cute love/hate side story for the show, balancing out the heavier elements of the main storyline. Then around episode 70 or so, their storyline transitions to the front and center.

Likeable Or Not kinda sticks out in that many of the lead characters can be qualified as "villains"; you should hate them or at least disapprove of what they do. Right now, Sua is the most hated drama character in Korea. LOL! :D

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 12th, '08, 18:07

belleza wrote: Right now, Sua is the most hated drama character in Korea. LOL! :D
that's true :lol & today's Ep was really funny 8) ..
how the father loss his temper on the mother & Sua .. on the mother cuz she was like a maid for Sua to do all what she asked her & Sua cuz she is so much spoiled that she'll not even wash her underware >> actually DP who began this battle :D .. he make them both to do the house work .. they make the breakfast but not when that witch Sua Grandmother found out she immediately go to her in laws house with thier maid to help Sua's mother in law & she ven told her to not tell the father & send her off before he come & then they want shopping.. Hopefully the father will found out soon & give them both a nice scold :lol & also SJ find out the relation between Ujin & JY ..

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 19th, '08, 13:39

Arabian -- I think you and I are almost in-sync with the episodes. Anyway . . .
I like how they're starting up the Miae-Dal Hyun-Sonia triangle. It's the most interesting one right now, because there's a child involved. Obviously the boy would want his mom and dad to make up and be a family again. And it kinda seems like they're in a transitional situation anyway. At the same time, Miae is like the worst mom ever! How can you abandon your child for a commercial?!? Bad Mommy!!!

I think I understand it now.

Baby Sua = Britney Spears.
Seonjae = Kevin Federline.

I think without Seonjae, Baby Sua is going to melt down or something. Baby Sua stopped growing up when she was 8. In Episode 90 (I watched a Chinese episode just curiosu), she does something that's so "OMG you are SOOO dead!!! Oh wait, aren't you like 24 or something? Grow up girlfriend!!"

I like how they're setting Evil Seonjae. Their triangle is going to be mean and nasty. :D

Also, Dang Pung needs to understand that, if you feel uncomfortable kissing your boyfriend, you probably shouldn't marry him (even if he's a little creepy.) What is wrong with their family?!?

Finally, it's so depressing watching Baekho. Poor, poor guy. :(

iluvdp

Post by iluvdp » Apr 17th, '08, 22:35

did anything happen in korea dec 6th? why suddenly rating went to 4/5th on episode 68 while rating before (and there after) is 1st all-over? I was just curious why, is there anything else to do that night aside from watching this show ::)