credit to starcrystal@soompi..

Details..

Title: 싱글파파는 열애중 / Single Dad in Love
Also known as: Single Papa in Love
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2008-Feb
Air time: Mondays & Tuesdays ( replacing Bad Love)..

Synopsis..

The love story of a single dad, Kang Poong Ho, who raises his 7 year old son alone after being abandoned by his first love. By day he works as a pest exterminator and by night he is a martial artist. His first love is his son's mother who is a cold and proud woman who left her family to study abroad as a pianist. Jeon Ha Ri, is a girl from a wealthy family who falls for Poong Ho.

Cast ..

Oh Ji Ho as Kang Poong Ho
Heo Yi Jae as Jeon Ha Ri
Kang Sung Yun
Shin Dong

credit to soompi & Dramawiki..
Last edited by arabian on Jan 30th, '08, 18:07, edited 2 times in total.

Bishie_Queen

Post by Bishie_Queen » Jan 26th, '08, 16:46

This looks good, but sort of reminds me of that other Oh Ji Ho series. Forgot the title. I'm still going to watch it. Is anyone going to sub this series.

Bishie_Queen

Post by Bishie_Queen » Feb 17th, '08, 14:17

This drama is starting tommorrow! :wub:

I can't wait! I have no idea whose subbing this or if anyone was planning too. It looks so cute! The little boy and Oh ji Ho look adorable!

I want to watch it so bad! :cry:

beertax

Post by beertax » Feb 19th, '08, 06:23

Downloaded it, saw it, and I like it. But I bet all the money in my pocket that the lead girl fixed her nose.

Gégé

Post by Gégé » Feb 19th, '08, 11:38

Who subbing this drama ? I hope we can see this with subtitle

tuladharojan

Post by tuladharojan » Feb 19th, '08, 11:58

thanks

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 19th, '08, 12:40

I'm sure that WITHS2 will sub the drama..

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 09:32

beertax wrote:But I bet all the money in my pocket that the lead girl fixed her nose.
Wth, man? What an unnecessary comment.

It looks like WITHS2 won't be subbing this series because they recently took it off on their list.. I dunno they have a lot of projects to work on..

Gégé

Post by Gégé » Feb 20th, '08, 10:46

It looks like WITHS2 won't be subbing this series because they recently took it off on their list.. I dunno they have a lot of projects to work on..
Hope that a other team took this project

tuladharojan

really nice

Post by tuladharojan » Feb 20th, '08, 14:03

Gégé wrote:
Hope that a other team took this project
really nice

yobuseyo

Post by yobuseyo » Feb 20th, '08, 14:27

aah i wanna watch this! the kid is really cute.. :thumright:

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 18:36

http://youtube.com/user/kirra12ppil is uploading the raws there.

celi6565

single father in love

Post by celi6565 » Feb 26th, '08, 22:59

looks set to be good. From the interview I saw on KBS. Hope the subs will come quickly.

beertax

Post by beertax » Feb 27th, '08, 01:48

saw ep 4 today.

Not sure where this drama is headed. I'm not saying the story is all over the place, but rather it is not as predictable as most kdramas. The 2nd woman, who seems evil, is actually a complex character who is the wild card and can make or break the story and therefore the series. Anyway up to ep 4 it is interesting, I think the girl had plastic surgery but she acts her part nicely. I will keep watching for now.

I realize this does not sound like a ringing endorsement, but in truth of the maybe 15-20 kdramas airing currently on korean tv, I can only stand to watch three of them and this is one of the three. The others are a weekend drama called, "I am/ We Are Happy", which is somewhat typical but I like the leading man and lady so... and the period piece Isan b/c the writing is sophisticated and not hackneyed as is the case in most period pieces.

So I give this kdrama two thumbs up.

celi6565

Oh ji ho

Post by celi6565 » Feb 27th, '08, 02:10

Bishie_Queen wrote:This looks good, but sort of reminds me of that other Oh Ji Ho series. Forgot the title. I'm still going to watch it. Is anyone going to sub this series.
He acted in "Couple trouble". That was a good drama, both funny and touching. A good watch. That is why I am continuing to see how he performs in 'Single father in love"

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 27th, '08, 02:29

Oh Ji Ho's gorgeous!! It's been a while since I caught any of his dramas.......I think the only one I watched was "Super Rookie" / "New Employee" which was back in 2005. In fact, it's been a while since I even followed a kdrama from start to end.

But I'm gamed to see JiHo as the protagonist~ and the story line sounds really cute, too. The leading actress is really young though, there's an eleven year difference between the two leads.

Athemyst

Post by Athemyst » Feb 28th, '08, 06:56

I wanna watch this, but no one is subbing this Y-Y

celi6565

Post by celi6565 » Feb 28th, '08, 08:35

I saw 'la belle' in which Oh starred but he looked different then. He must have been new then staring in steamy adult movies to break into show biz. Back then he sure has a sexy butt and body too. That was filmed in 2001, I think,

Gégé

Post by Gégé » Feb 28th, '08, 19:22

I love the storyline . It is very sad ... I need subtitle!

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 5th, '08, 14:21

For Those who want to watch the drama with Eng Sub you can watch it starting next Mon 10th of Mar at KBS World , 7:00 PM GMT.. :D

celi6565

Timing for single papa in love

Post by celi6565 » Mar 6th, '08, 01:03

arabian wrote:For Those who want to watch the drama with Eng Sub you can watch it starting next Mon 10th of Mar at KBS World , 7:00 PM GMT.. :D
Thanks very much, although i have already watched episodes 1-6 on veoh, I will still catch it again on KBS world because of the subtitles. Have a great day! :cheers:

addi-K

Post by addi-K » Mar 7th, '08, 03:05

Athemyst wrote:I wanna watch this, but no one is subbing this Y-Y
I know the feeling :-(

It's difficult watching when you don't understand what they're saying. I was watching the episodes posted on veoh.com and just ended up getting frustrated. I'm just laughing at the funny scene actions coz that's all I can do :mrgreen:

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 11th, '08, 12:42

Yesterday I watched Ep1.. it was really nice I thought it'd be boring but in contrast I really love it & it's interesting with a lot of funny scenes specially when HR slape PH on his butt on the hospital it caused him a lot of pain :mrgreen: :lol .. I think I'll love this drama specially with the preview for Ep2.. I want to know more about his son mothe rhow they met & end like this .. rasing the child alone & forbid his son to learn Piano as his mother is pianist.. :-)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 11th, '08, 21:10

OH JI HO!

I'm soooo watchng this. XD

celi6565

single dad in love

Post by celi6565 » Mar 15th, '08, 01:14

arabian wrote:Yesterday I watched Ep1.. it was really nice I thought it'd be boring but in contrast I really love it & it's interesting with a lot of funny scenes specially when HR slape PH on his butt on the hospital it caused him a lot of pain :mrgreen: :lol .. I think I'll love this drama specially with the preview for Ep2.. I want to know more about his son mothe rhow they met & end like this .. rasing the child alone & forbid his son to learn Piano as his mother is pianist.. :-)
You can try going to soompi.com. Since there are no subs it helps to know the story line a little so you can understand where the story is headed. Over here we just started episode one but with eng subs and it is suppose to be aired on Mon and Tues, so I actually watch it twice for the latest episode on Veoh.

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 16th, '08, 00:53

I've watched to ep 8 so far - yes I'm korean - and while the storyline is interesting the main lead actress is not that likable, especially when you know for a fact that she had extensive construction done on her face (I've seen the b4 and after photos)

celi6565

Post by celi6565 » Mar 16th, '08, 16:25

Wow that's cool. But are they true? I once saw a documentary where these stars are victims of rumours. So I don't what is true or not. I suppose if you rely on reliable source then you will believe it. So who's on the list of extensive construction? Iit's quite sad because young girls are very impressionable and tend to follow their idols making giving their parents a big headache.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 19th, '08, 11:54

They just aired the first episode today over at KBS-LA. Impression so far . . .

I was really, really impressed with the observational approach and restraint in the direction. There's tension between the father and son, and tension between the daughter and her parents, but it's presented in a understated, casual fashion. There's a few scenes here and there, where nothing is really said, and so you are allowed to observe at whom each are looking, and what kind of responses are forming around their faces. You can cut the resentment with a stick. And I really liked how the child observes the two arguing.

The hemorrhoids was funny, but I really enjoyed the banter between the younger girl and her friend, and Oh Ji Ho and his ring guy. That suggests that the writing is going to take on a observational tone between the relationship between the three leads, and really flesh out the voice to what is essentially a gender reversal. We're used to seeing drama focusing on single mothers, so this is a nice twist.

I really, really liked the PD's daily drama By Land and Sky. Sure, it was more emo than your typical daily, but the show really stuck to exploring family issues.

babyFRESH

Post by babyFRESH » Mar 19th, '08, 22:09

no subs :( oh no, how am i gonna be able to watch it then! ;O

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 21st, '08, 07:26

SevenSeas

Post by SevenSeas » Mar 25th, '08, 14:16

babyFRESH wrote:no subs :( oh no, how am i gonna be able to watch it then! ;O
it is now bwing subbed by chomel. currently 1-2 eps. somebody also upload the raws at torrent section.

poddall

Post by poddall » Mar 25th, '08, 14:34

many want this to watch and i found to ep.10 but with chinese sub
but now 2 ep. are with english i cant wait for more

celi6565

Oh Ji Ho

Post by celi6565 » Mar 27th, '08, 00:35

beertax wrote:I've watched to ep 8 so far - yes I'm korean - and while the storyline is interesting the main lead actress is not that likable, especially when you know for a fact that she had extensive construction done on her face (I've seen the b4 and after photos)
I'm beginning to believe that Oh Ji Ho had dimples done because I've been watching a few of his shows and realise that the lines where the dimples appear should not be there if they were natural. I don't remember seeing the dimples when he acted in La Belle.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Mar 29th, '08, 16:16

heyyy guys im really stuck >.< i cant get the episode 3 of single father in love.....i absolutely tried everywhere, the torrent uploded on here, i downloaded that but it doesnt play on my computer, i tried idols unlimited but it wont work, and i tried the clubbox site that has been put up in hte subtitles section but it needs a id and password. is there any other way i can get this episode????? this series is SOOOOOOOOOOO good! thanks for the pple who are subbing it!!!

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 30th, '08, 13:01

DDL form Ep 1 till Ep 12.. Filesend links uploaded by StarCrystal..
Hopefully they work fine with the subs..

*mod edit: links removed
d-addicts is a bittorrent based drama site, ddls in chinese section are already causing problems, we don't want this spilling over into the other drama sections, thanks for understanding... - ironicwave

didiellza

Re: Oh Ji Ho

Post by didiellza » Mar 30th, '08, 15:13

People Stop criticising actors and actresses for doing plastic surgery. :cussing: Gush I am so fad up reading nearly every coment "she had done her nose, Oh Ji hoon's dimples are done, and so on" come on people whether they do it or not has nothing to do with their acting skills. (even though I agree her acting isn't that great) Let them do whatever they want. They are just humans, with feelings! Are you in their body?? NOOOoo! good for you! Put yourself in they shoes for once, and then would you like to read something like that about you?? NOBODY IS PERFECT!!!
People really can be sometimes soo mean!!

arabian

Re: Oh Ji Ho

Post by arabian » Mar 30th, '08, 16:22

Don't fight people over a small things, calm down each one has it's own view :lol, try not to criticize actors or actress looks, we open this thread to discuss about thier acting skills & the drama story so don't discuss unrelated topics to the drama, I know how u feel about the lead actress me too I feel she is more annyoing but try to look on the postive side, I enjoy the father & his son relation :D , anyway everyone has it's own view & try to express it on nicely way .. :-)

so PEACE everyone.. :mrgreen: :D

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 30th, '08, 21:02

This is an open forum and I will criticize whichever actor/ actress I want as long as I abide by the forum guidelines.

Actors/ actresses put themselves out to the world, and as public figures they have chosen to risk criticisms about themselves be it their acting skills or their looks. It's even part of the Korean as well as US law - public figures such as actros/ actresses are subject to a different standard when it comes to privacy. So it is ludicrous for you to say that I should put myself in their shoes before I say anything negative about them. I don't have to do any such thing at all - before I point out what is actually FACT about the lead actresses having plastic surgery done unto her face. Public figures choose this public life. Think b4 you write.

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Mar 30th, '08, 22:04

@ beertax (This is my last comment about this topic, because it doesn't belong to this treat!)

Stupid people like you(sorry for the offense), are the main reason why "Public People" commite suicide. Saying that they are "Public People" and they are not allowed to act as they want is just stupid, Why?? Are they not humans as we are? Why are we allowed to make mistrakes but they not?? I hope you are a person who knows herself and does what is right and not. And I hope that you are not just a person who follows others.
Pointing out her weak points about her acting skills is right. You, as a watcher, have the right to say yes she sucks at acting. By saying that maybe she will improve. But YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to criticize her for making decisions that is only her private affair and has nothing to do with her job.
Well I am glade that you are a person, who can handle the weak points of your body or maybe your body is just perfect. I don't know. And I am really glade for you, but concider the psyche (mind) of a human who isn't that strong, and it gets to the point someone can't stand himself infront of the mirrow. That person gets depressive and that leads him/her to commite suicide. and what is better doing plastic surgery or killing him/herself. Best example JUNG DA BIN.

That is all I have to say to you and if you still want to argue this topic with me than please open a new treat. so your are wellcome but I am not going to argue with you her at this treat!

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 30th, '08, 23:23

didiellza wrote:@ beertax (This is my last comment about this topic, because it doesn't belong to this treat!)

Stupid people like you(sorry for the offense), are the main reason why "Public People" commite suicide. Saying that they are "Public People" and they are not allowed to act as they want is just stupid, Why?? Are they not humans as we are? Why are we allowed to make mistrakes but they not?? I hope you are a person who knows herself and does what is right and not. And I hope that you are not just a person who follows others.
Pointing out her weak points about her acting skills is right. You, as a watcher, have the right to say yes she sucks at acting. By saying that maybe she will improve. But YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to criticize her for making decisions that is only her private affair and has nothing to do with her job.
Well I am glade that you are a person, who can handle the weak points of your body or maybe your body is just perfect. I don't know. And I am really glade for you, but concider the psyche (mind) of a human who isn't that strong, and it gets to the point someone can't stand himself infront of the mirrow. That person gets depressive and that leads him/her to commite suicide. and what is better doing plastic surgery or killing him/herself. Best example JUNG DA BIN.

That is all I have to say to you and if you still want to argue this topic with me than please open a new treat. so your are wellcome but I am not going to argue with you her at this treat!
Read my replies carefully before you comment on them. In your excitement you are inventing things out of thin air. When did I ever say that she is not ALLOWED to do as she pleases? When did I say that she SHOULDn't have plastic surgery? But once she does, who has the right to stop me from saying that her face bothers me? Are you my mom using a fake user name?

I would be within my rights to criticize a person even if he/ she was a private individual. This is because I have the right to say as I please. An actor/ actresses is someone who puts themselves out there for the public to see their image, so they actually do expect some criticism already, duh. But are you saying I should say only positive things, and nothing negative, for fear they will instantly commit suicide? Even if the thing I pointed out, her having done plastic surgery, is in fact ABSOLUTELY TRUE?

Finally, you are naive to say that her having plastic surgery to make her face look prettier has nothing to do with her job. That's just stupid, so sorry for my manners.

I don't mind a fan trying to defend her starlet. But do it with some logic, and what's more don't put words into ppl's mouths so you can get more riled up.

celi6565

Post by celi6565 » Mar 31st, '08, 00:25

Gosh this is getting bad, beertax is right in saying that we have a right to say what we want but having said that choice of words are important and how these stars see these comments, if these actors' have had a bad day then they should do what is best like perhaps threshing things out, talk it over with someone or see a shrink so that they get a right perspective of how things should be. Being someone in the limelight will always bring criticisms of all sorts and this is the package that comes with stardom, at the end of the day, if they get through all this it will only make them 'stronger' to weather all storms that come their way. Didieliza is right too in saying that talents are important because it will make or break them at the end of the day. So actors should focus on their acting ability and reflect or take a step back before they make any major decision that may affect the public and how they want to be seen or criticised.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Mar 31st, '08, 06:12

thankyou arabian

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Mar 31st, '08, 14:19

I saw the first eps...wasn't too interested.
+P me pass.

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 5th, '08, 19:25

DDL credit to StarCrystal.. :D

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Apr 5th, '08, 20:27

beertax wrote:This is an open forum and I will criticize whichever actor/ actress I want as long as I abide by the forum guidelines.
this is a drama discussion thread, not a "which actor had which surgery and do i approve" thread...
so please stay on topic discussing the drama here and find the current of many recycled plastic surgery bashing threads to vent...

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 9th, '08, 13:55

Uploaded on Filesend by StarCrystal.. :-)

celi6565

Post by celi6565 » Apr 9th, '08, 22:51

Thank you for your time and effort. I don't know how to upload the subs. Will try it anyway.

rajazulhilmi

Single Dad in Love

Post by rajazulhilmi » Apr 29th, '08, 20:20

I do really love this drama a lot. It keeps the story at medium pace at the same time it gives us some impact of what're the messages that beneath the surface. Oh Ji Ho played it really cool. Let's not forget the kid, An DogYu, he's really good on expressing himself towards Kang San. He played the role really well. last but not least, my favorite, Heo Yi Jae, the cutest among all the parts in Single Dad in Love. I like the she got dressed up! It's like so classy and at the same time, of course, cute as well. She's so blossom! That's for sure! If anyone ever has something that can make me communicate with her or contact her or something, please i need to know. I'm really kinda go all crazy about this girl. As well as this drama. For some reason, i almost had my tears out! It's so touching. The way PungHo raised his son and the way he faced all the troubles. Plus, for him it's like no other thing else that he needed to be aware of other than his son! SangTae and Chilgu is one of the parts as well. I like SangTae as in the way he cares about PungHo and his family. They're like relative although they're not related. But the story seemed to be lived, when Ha-Ri came to the family and Yun-Soi messed it up. But i got the story even more interesting. I wanna give some credit to the producer as he maintained medium effects of the story as it's not gone too far. Credits to all who're taking parts! To all the fans, continue supporting this kinda drama. It has a lot of moral values! Total understanding about true love! Keep it up!!!!

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » May 8th, '08, 11:14

im watching this drama because of shindong^^
i don't like the ending.. 0.o

sweeteyes

Post by sweeteyes » May 27th, '08, 16:35

from first episode is was for me boring drama for 2008 but i was have curiosity for I know the end for single father,,,,after I watching the final episode exactly I do not get the end everything was hanging =/

Kang Poong he is should doing the surgeon!!!did he doing the surgeon??
SoYi ,,,she is take her son toooo easy =/
HaRi she is have big smile in the end when she is see the video for Poong huh,,,,Poong died??

Silly end -_-