Last Scandal (MBC, 2008)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
lovethedrama

Last Scandal (MBC, 2008)

Post by lovethedrama » Apr 3rd, '08, 19:52

Is anyone watching Last Scandal?

It you want to watch a drama sure to become a classic funny hit check it out.

Last Scandal currently airing on SBS. It is about a housewife who is abandoned by her husband who meets her first love who is known a famous actor.

Cast: Choi Jin-shil (A Rosy Life, Star In My Heart), Jung Jun-ho (Princess Lulu, My Boss, My Teacher), Jung Woong-in (Rude Women), Byun Jung-soo (Bad Couple), Lee Young-ja, Han Bo-bae

I don't speak Korean but the acting in so great in the drama and it feels and looks hilarious. The two leads have great chemistry. This is the first drama in which Jung Jun-Ho looks super sexy. Love his haircut in this drama. It totally rocks!

Veoh Links
Last Scandal = http://www.veoh.com/channelDetails.html?c=LastScandal

Emi801

Post by Emi801 » Apr 6th, '08, 21:55

I love this drama, even though I don't understand Korean :D I was just about to make a discussion topic for this myself, if I couldn't find one!

This show seems to be very popular- the ratings for each episode keep going up, and even the re-run ratings are good. And it's doing well enough that they expanded it from 16 to 20 episodes! This is such a fun show!

This is the one show I have been waiting for this year so far, and it figures it's the one that has not been claimed by a subbing group. I hope someone does decide to translate it eventually!

I like the relationship between the leads, it is adorable. This series feels a bit like Full House.

Basuha

Post by Basuha » Apr 6th, '08, 22:28

Loving this drama, I think it one of the best. The main characters are so funny and the chemistry is unbelievable. I'm little upset that no one has pick this up up for subs yet. 3 Dads and a Mom esp 1 sub is out.........Go figure. I 'm also watching Our home it funny as well, the character don't have the same chemistry as Last Scandal but they play off each other well....

beefbowl

Post by beefbowl » Apr 10th, '08, 23:20

my wife loves this drama. choi jin sil is very hot :wub: just don't tell my wife :pale:

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:54

Are there any plans of subbing this drama. It is highly recommended and i woul like to watch it but i don't understand korean. :-(

Please pick up this drama hehe

michca

Post by michca » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:38

I hope someone subs this, but for those of us who don't speak Korean, you can read episode summaries on Dramabeans (www.dramabeans.com) so will you at least know what is going on. cheers!

lovethedrama

Post by lovethedrama » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:45

I found a site that provides a summary recap and with some translation. It was very helpful. If you don't understand Korean, it will help you fill in the gaps. I really appreciate it.

They have recaps up to episode 13.

http://bimbibap.com/

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:54

Alot of good dramas get passed over. I mean look at "Why did you come to my house"
Brillant show and no one has picked it up.

michca

Post by michca » Apr 23rd, '08, 15:21

I agree with that one too. I am hoping someone will pick it up in the future. *fingers crossed*

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:18

lovethedrama wrote:I found a site that provides a summary recap and with some translation. It was very helpful. If you don't understand Korean, it will help you fill in the gaps. I really appreciate it.

They have recaps up to episode 13.

http://bimbibap.com/
the site you mentioned above is very good :thumleft: but i am going to wait maybe after some months it will be subbed, because if i read the summeries now then later i will lose interest in watching it!! hehe
hope i don't have to wait for a year or longer :glare:

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:40

I would watch it but for Jung Jun Ho. Just can't stand that dude, he appears very arrogant and full of himself in interviews. I know that I might be missing out on a great show but I just can't get past certain hurdles.

knuts

Post by knuts » Apr 24th, '08, 22:45

beertax wrote:I would watch it but for Jung Jun Ho. Just can't stand that dude, he appears very arrogant and full of himself in interviews. I know that I might be missing out on a great show but I just can't get past certain hurdles.
hahaha....that is just what I thought too. That Jung Jun Ho.
It is indeed a great show, except for the first 2 eps....I think. Maybe I will change my mind, when I rewatch the first 2 eps. Anyway, I stopped after ep 2 and gave it another try 6 weeks later. No regrets at all. Highly recommended.

lovethedrama

Post by lovethedrama » Apr 24th, '08, 23:08

I had to learn a long time ago to separate the actors from their characters. If not, you will miss a lot of great shows! If you are ready to look past the personality this is a great show!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 25th, '08, 02:53

WithS2 picked it up , so it's all good.

lovethedrama

Post by lovethedrama » Apr 25th, '08, 03:12

Awesome. When and where was it announced it was going to be subbed? Was a time line provided? So excited.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 25th, '08, 03:47

lovethedrama wrote:Awesome. When and where was it announced it was going to be subbed? Was a time line provided? So excited.
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Apr 25th, '08, 12:54

Yahh :w000t: :cheers: you With-S2 people are gorgeous. Thank you soo much for hearing our requests, what would we do without you??? big thanks :D

alodia

Post by alodia » Apr 26th, '08, 09:45

Thank you so much With-S2! You're really the best!

RisingSun96815

The Last Scandal of My Life, starring Choi Jin-sil

Post by RisingSun96815 » Nov 26th, '08, 14:51

Spoilers are planned here

Hi everyone,

I'm currently watching The Last Scandal of My Life, for the second time. I'm really addicted to this 16+-hour mini-series from MBC. So I would like to have a discussion about it. It is of course Choi Jin-sil's last work. There are some eery scenes in it.

There are a total of 16 episodes. The writers did a good job putting a cliffhanger at the end of each one. Even the last episode sets up for a second season, but I'm not sure what will happen with that now.

Watching the first episode, the viewer is left thinking that Seon-hi and Dong-cheol have a smooth relationship and they will be back together soon. But we soon see difficulties in their relationship, and more curve balls are thrown at us. It's kind of a roller coaster ride. I really enjoy it.

English Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_S ... of_My_Life

All 16 episodes with English subtitles: http://www.mysoju.com/last-scandal/