You Are My Destiny (KBS1, 2008)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Soshisubs

You Are My Destiny (KBS1, 2008)

Post by Soshisubs » Apr 11th, '08, 06:03

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200804040280

It has been confirmed, Yoona from SNSD has picked up the lead role for this upcoming drama.
This is going to be a daily drama.

this will be replacing "I Hate You, But It's Fine"

Broadcast Air Time: Mondays to Fridays 20:25 (Korea Time)

Image - Im Yoona as Jang Sae Byeok
Lee Tae Sung
Park Jae

Image - Sa Mi Ja Image - Jung Ae Ri
Image - Kang Seok Woo Image - Lee Hye Suk
Image - Lee Pil Mo

Soshisubs

Post by Soshisubs » Apr 27th, '08, 07:50

[quote name='SCBet' date='Apr 27 2008, 01:25 AM' post='9368801']
[center]SoShi Subs Presents

[SoShi Subs] You Are My Destiny - KBS1 Daily Drama

Currently On : Preview [04.27.08]

You Are My Destiny - Preview [04.27.08]

[/center]
[indent]Project 85 will be SoshiSubs largest project ever. As most of you know, Yoona will be starring in the lead female role as Jang Saebyuk on the KBS1 Daily Drama "You Are My Destiny." We look forward to Yoona following in the footsteps of Goo Hye Sun, Han Hyo Joo, and Han Ji Hye, the 3 previous female leads of the KBS1 Daily Drama. In support of SNSD and Yoona, SoShi Subs will be subbing the full episodes for the entire series (expected to be around 160 episodes). This is a huge project, and we wouldn't be able to take this on without the efforts of our entire team. Pink Subs FTW!

Hardsub HQ download links are available only at Soshified : http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3924
[/indent]
[center]Translator : cathode
Editor : SCBet
Timer : SCBet & drewstersupreme
Encoder : SCBet

for future projects : http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=976
[/center]
[/quote]

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Apr 27th, '08, 14:56

Cool thanks for subbing...I will give this a try after Likable or Not has become a guilty pleasure of mine :roll

arabian

Post by arabian » Apr 27th, '08, 17:03

I see that there is the handsome actor from Hello Miss .. for that I'm gonna watch it cuz I really like the daily dramas..

luvanimemt

Post by luvanimemt » May 3rd, '08, 01:43

Ah you you mean lee ji hoon? I hope he plays a main character, but please don't make him the love interest of Yoona or him pursuing her, that would be waaay to weird.

Xiah's_Babe

Post by Xiah's_Babe » May 3rd, '08, 23:03

YAY!! Lee Ji Hoon! Can't wait for another drama with him to be out! Thanks for subbing! That's gonna be A LOT of work, but you guys are amazing for doing so!

Soshisubs

Post by Soshisubs » May 6th, '08, 18:35

[quote name='SCBet' date='May 6 2008, 11:57 AM' post='9476737']
[center]SoShi Subs Presents

[SoShi Subs] You Are My Destiny - KBS1 Daily Drama

Currently On : Ep. 001 [05.05.08]

You Are My Destiny - Ep. 001 [05.05.08] : Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

Hardsub HQ download links are available only at Soshified : http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3924[/color][/indent]

Translator : cathode
Timer : SCBet
Spot Translator : bug
Editor/QC : SCBet
Encoder : slyph

for future projects : http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=976[/center][/quote]

Soshisubs

Post by Soshisubs » May 8th, '08, 02:38

You Are My Destiny - Ep. 002 [05.06.08] : Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

yobuseyo

Post by yobuseyo » May 14th, '08, 17:05

wow this drama is currently in 2nd rank.(in korea)
but nobody is curious.. wonder why..
anyways i think its a good drama !
thanks for subbing it soshisubs!

mcjayjay

Post by mcjayjay » May 16th, '08, 16:23

where are the soft subs for this drama?
wait, are there any softsubs for this drama?
i like yoona from SNSD's acting in coffee prince so i want to watch it =)

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 16th, '08, 16:44

^Soshisubs is releasing hardsubs.

And Yoona wasn't in Coffee Prince. Did you mean Yoon Eun Hye?

arabian

Post by arabian » May 16th, '08, 18:42

mcjayjay wrote:where are the soft subs for this drama?
She acted on 9 End 2 Outs, she was the young writer who tried to take the lead actress lover from her cuz he was younger than her, I still remeber at least :mrgreen: ..& as Hanjae said Soshisubs release only Hardsubs, u can download it from thier site or watch it on Youtube..

mcjayjay

Post by mcjayjay » May 22nd, '08, 13:53

arabian wrote:
mcjayjay wrote:where are the soft subs for this drama?
She acted on 9 End 2 Outs, she was the young writer who tried to take the lead actress lover from her cuz he was younger than her, I still remeber at least :mrgreen: ..& as Hanjae said Soshisubs release only Hardsubs, u can download it from thier site or watch it on Youtube..
oh yea yea! oops it is the girl from 9 end 2 outs =O
silly mistake from me.

oh so no soft subs?

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » May 26th, '08, 05:19

I'm new here and want to watch this drama but I can't find the subtitle link for it. Where can I get it? It is not listed on the index. Need help please...

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 26th, '08, 07:26

^Soshisubs is posting the hardsubbed videos on their forum, so you'll have to join to get them. And there's a certain number of posts that you need to have before you can access the Multimedia section where it's posted (I think it was something like 50 posts?)

So you have two options - either join the forum and get those 50 posts, or watch them on Youtube.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » May 26th, '08, 07:34

Hey HANJAE, thank you for the input. Guess I have to watch it on you tube and mysoju huh...

asdfghj

Post by asdfghj » Jun 6th, '08, 18:15

man i was just watchin ep 25...man the drama is gettin interestin....a jus hope hose an jang sae byuk end up 2gether an nt wit tae poong.....wah...an hope somethin chincha bad will happen to soo bin....anyway thanks to sosihsubs i get to watch the translated version...thanks alot ....

1lovedramas

Post by 1lovedramas » Jul 26th, '08, 14:59

I've been watching this drama, and i have to say that I hope JB ends up with TP because the rich dude is a wimp and he can jump from one girl to another just like that and it seems he doesn't show any emotions either plus his mom gets on my my nerves. I find it more interesting watching TP and JB. anyone have any spoilers be my guest, i would love to know! :thumright:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 31st, '08, 10:26

I think it's 90% certain that Sae Byuk and Ho Sae will be together in the end. Yoona and Jae Jung are more or less the 2 "leads" of the show. Unless there's a huge write-in for Sae Byuk and Tae Poong, daily dramas are not really known for bending the laws of K-drama love triangles.

I enjoy Yoona's (who's unusually crisp for a rookie) chemistry with both actors, but she's still barely 18 and both guys are pretty close to 30.

The Tae Young/So Young romance steals the show for me so far (up through episode 33), and I kinda wished *they* were the leads. Lee Pil Mo has the most adorable blank look, and Jung Nan chews through scenery like a seasoned pro.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Sep 30th, '08, 16:49

sounds promising.. i hope its as good as likable or not!!

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 12th, '08, 15:27

I am watching the part where Hosae wants to marry Saybyeok and Yuri wants to marry Taepung. Can somebody be kind enough to explain to me why is it forbidden for 2 siblings from one family to marry 2 siblings from another family? Is there any legal impediment to such a union? If not why is it frown upon by society?

I am just puzzled because no other society that I know of has such weird practice.

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Dec 12th, '08, 18:09

morserachel wrote:I am watching the part where Hosae wants to marry Saybyeok and Yuri wants to marry Taepung. Can somebody be kind enough to explain to me why is it forbidden for 2 siblings from one family to marry 2 siblings from another family? Is there any legal impediment to such a union? If not why is it frown upon by society?

I am just puzzled because no other society that I know of has such weird practice.
I think taking this series as a true reflection of Korean (or human) life would be a
mistake. None of the characters appears to be terribly bright and all of the mothers
seem to have a serious need for some kind of therapy or medication.

I'm really not trying to disparage anyone who is enjoying this series on a serious level
but i got hooked on it because I found it so ridiculous that it was entertaining.

On another note, there may be something true in the difficulty that was shown about
marrying someone who is divorced with a kid. I see the same objection come up in
another Korean drama, "Mom's Dead Upset." But I have no idea why that is a problem
for some in Korea.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 13th, '08, 00:28

Can somebody be kind enough to explain to me why is it forbidden for 2 siblings from one family to marry 2 siblings from another family? Is there any legal impediment to such a union? If not why is it frown upon by society?
Actually it shouldn't be an impediment at all. Likable or Not had a similar sibling setup, but nobody really objected on the grounds of a sister/brother wanting to marry into same family.

I personally hate Kang Hosae, and this is the first daily drama where I've totally rooted against the lead couple. Kang Hosae is irresponsible and selfish, and Kang Yuri is all those things and unbelievably spoiled. Worst, Yuri's made up-to-episode 120 sympathetic Taepoong (his older brother "upright" Taeyoong is kind of a hypocrite too) look like a world class idiot for wanting to marry a woman who would lie about THAT. As much as their mom is in the wrong, I feel bad for her having the children she has.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 13th, '08, 01:30

Thanks johnjeon, thanks belleza for the explanation.

I totally agree with your opinions but because the characters are so cartoonish and unbelievable it kept me hooked as to how much more ridiculous it will get. It's one of those series where I torture myself but since it's 1/2 an hour daily 5 nights a week it's bearable. I must be a masochist afterall.

mrvx
Malaysia

Post by mrvx » Dec 14th, '08, 01:26

a actoress not pretty enought....loke like a kiddo for me.. but i'm still watching it on KBS world

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Dec 14th, '08, 13:15

belleza wrote:
Can somebody be kind enough to explain to me why is it forbidden for 2 siblings from one family to marry 2 siblings from another family? Is there any legal impediment to such a union? If not why is it frown upon by society?

Worst, Yuri's made up-to-episode 120 sympathetic Taepoong (his older brother "upright" Taeyoong is kind of a hypocrite too) look like a world class idiot for wanting to marry a woman who would lie about THAT. As much as their mom is in the wrong, I feel bad for her having the children she has.
Taepoong sympathetic???? I've disliked him from the beginning. He stole money from
his grandmother and thinks violence is the first course to take for all problems.

Actually, this is the first drama I've watched where I was rooting for none of the
couples getting married. I think it would be best for the gene pool if none of these
characters ever reproduced.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 15th, '08, 03:49

While you both are debating about the main couples I'm more into Kim Subin. What really amazes me is how 1-dimensional she is! If I'm the actress playing the part I would be laughing my head off as to how ridiculous she is made out to be. She spends all her energy on something so trivial that she is really unbelievable! What's worse is now there are making the doctor into such an idiot for actually thinking he can fall in love with such a pyscho.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 15th, '08, 06:36

I totally agree with your opinions but because the characters are so cartoonish and unbelievable it kept me hooked as to how much more ridiculous it will get. It's one of those series where I torture myself but since it's 1/2 an hour daily 5 nights a week it's bearable.
Yeah, it's not that atypical of a KBS daily drama. This one is more shrill than the ones they've ran in the last 2-3 years, but you'd expect to have a mean grandma, a scheming mom, and often meanspirited female rivals. Usually somebody has a physical ailment. And there's a lot of excessive weeping.

This one is kinda appealing in that a lot of the themes cover the social politics that can go into marraige between two families. The convenient hypocrisy that not only rich people, but all people practice in condescending who or who does not have a right to marry into family. The emphasis upon "face"/image/perception in evaluating prospective in-laws into the family and so on. Kang Hosae has almost willfully rejects this at every turn, and this is a big, big reason why his mother had not accepted Sabyeok.

KBS daily dramas tend to more "conservative" than the dailies from other stations. The bits about two siblings falling in love with the same family as well as neurotic intensity of this show's filial piety are less stressed in other daily dramas from other stations.
]Taepoong sympathetic???? I've disliked him from the beginning. He stole money from
his grandmother and thinks violence is the first course to take for all problems.
Yeah, but the violence bit is fairly stereotypical for the "hot-headed" Korean protoganist. I didn't like Taepoong at all in the beginning (hypocrite like his brother), but he grew on me. I confess casting Lee Ji Hoon makes that easier. :D My reaction to Kim Ho Sae has been the opposite.
What's worse is now there are making the doctor into such an idiot for actually thinking he can fall in love with such a pyscho.
Yeah, but that's because the doctor started to know Soo Bin more or less after she lost the war. If he only knew . . . I think actress actually has done a pretty good job considering how wacko "Evil Eyes" is! :D

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Dec 15th, '08, 15:41

belleza wrote: Yeah, but the violence bit is fairly stereotypical for the "hot-headed" Korean protoganist. I didn't like Taepoong at all in the beginning (hypocrite like his brother), but he grew on me. I confess casting Lee Ji Hoon makes that easier. :D My reaction to Kim Ho Sae has been the opposite.
Perhaps because, in much earlier times, I was punched in the face by some
loon, I find Taepong's actions in no way defensible.
I find Hosae to still be a wimp but having been brought up by that mother he probably has a lot of fear of her since she is a totally self-absorbed nut case who appears to
see her children as property. (I know I'm viewing this through Western eyes.)
belleza wrote:
What's worse is now there are making the doctor into such an idiot for actually thinking he can fall in love with such a pyscho.
Yeah, but that's because the doctor started to know Soo Bin more or less after she lost the war. If he only knew . . . I think actress actually has done a pretty good job considering how wacko "Evil Eyes" is! :D
Bottom line, I pretty much watch this as a comedy. I always break up when
Subin goes into Shifty-eyed, talking to herself mode.

(I've been watching an occasional episode of "Mom's Dead Upset" and it has some of
the same themes (and a rich arrogant mother figure) but the writing is much more
mature and most of the characters seem much more like real people. )

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 16th, '08, 05:02

I find Hosae to still be a wimp but having been brought up by that mother he probably has a lot of fear of her since she is a totally self-absorbed nut case who appears to
see her children as property.
Hosae has always been tied to his mother's apron strings that he has never grown up. That is why everytime he tells Saybyeok that he'll protect her I laugh. I can imagine who'll be wearing the pants in the family if these 2 get married.

Taepung is no better. Between him and Yuri their mental age is less then 10 and apart from producing babies I don't know what else these 2 know about being married and the responsibilities it entails.
I always break up when
Subin goes into Shifty-eyed, talking to herself mode.
When she does her eyes like that she reminds me of Tom of Tom & Jerry. The exact same expression and her enthusiasm in her mission is similar to Tom's pea-brain enthusiasm as well.
(I've been watching an occasional episode of "Mom's Dead Upset" and it has some of
the same themes (and a rich arrogant mother figure) but the writing is much more
mature and most of the characters seem much more like real people. )
This is an excellent series, similar themes, similar issues and selfish children but somehow tackled in a very matured and realistic manner.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 16th, '08, 07:23

I find Hosae to still be a wimp but having been brought up by that mother he probably has a lot of fear of her since she is a totally self-absorbed nut case who appears to see her children as property.
Oddly, I feel bad for his mother. :D I have even less sympathy for Kang Hosae, considering that he made so many bad choices to asphixate positive feeling between Sabyeok and his mother.
Taepung is no better. Between him and Yuri their mental age is less then 10 and apart from producing babies
I really, really hope they don't tie the knot. Think of the children!!
I've been watching an occasional episode of "Mom's Dead Upset" and it has some of
the same themes (and a rich arrogant mother figure
Yeah, YAMD is my least favorite daily drama I've seen in years. The writing's pretty sloppy, even for daily drama. I like half of the older actors/actresses though. They're the one constant for me, and it's fun watching how they switch up between "good" and "bad" from daily to daily.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Dec 16th, '08, 07:51

For me, it an okay drama in the beginning but it dragging now that I'm on episode 121. Nothing new is happening except for the problem with Hosea, his mother, and Seobyeok which just drag on and on.....it became boring to watch the fight and disagreement between the three. As for Taepung and Yuri, they are just plain rude and immature yet wanted to get marry each other lol, how stupid is that! As for Subin, I'm glad she's not as mean as she's used to but i still don't like her.....

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Dec 16th, '08, 14:15

getawayfrom wrote:For me, it an okay drama in the beginning but it dragging now that I'm on episode 121. Nothing new is happening except for the problem with Hosea, his mother, and Seobyeok which just drag on and on.....it became boring to watch the fight and disagreement between the three. As for Taepung and Yuri, they are just plain rude and immature yet wanted to get marry each other lol, how stupid is that! As for Subin, I'm glad she's not as mean as she's used to but i still don't like her.....
Talking of dragging on and on, does anyone know how many episodes this will have?
I'm about to the point of stopping watching and then just catch the last week of the show
to see how it ends up (as if that isn't obvious).

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 16th, '08, 19:40

Talking of dragging on and on, does anyone know how many episodes this will have?
No kidding. For whatever reason, they've extended this show AGAIN (180+) through early next year. It's going to have a longer run than Likable or Not, even though it wasn't as popular.
I've mostly avoided the spoilers, but I read some speculation that Sabyeok and her adopted family may actually be her real family. Fun!!
As for Taepung and Yuri, they are just plain rude and immature yet wanted to get marry each other lol, how stupid is that!
When Taepung found out Yuri faked her pregnancy, a light bulb should have gone in his head.

And apparently, they're going to skip most of the courtship process and go straight into marraige?!? HUH?!? Sure, I can see Yuri being that utterly insane, but Taepung ALSO thought this was a good idea. And Yuri's mum is really stupid to not INSIST on a prego test result. Seriously -- you hire people to investigate and follow your children, yet you won't verify a pregnancy. Really? REALLY?!?

I can actually imagine Yuri wearing a pillow under her shirt to fake a pregnancy. And I actually imagine her mum falling for it. Remarkable family!!
As for Subin, I'm glad she's not as mean as she's used to but i still don't like her.....
The doctor's kinda baffling. He's essentially saying "I WANT to be your rebound guy. I must fix you and your evil ways." How romantic! :D

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 17th, '08, 06:35

belleza wrote:
I've mostly avoided the spoilers, but I read some speculation that Sabyeok and her adopted family may actually be her real family. Fun!!
I think there's a very high likelihood that the story will take that route because in the early episodes Grandma Kim did mention that Taepung's Mom had 4 kids. With the stroke of a pen the dead can be revived!
The doctor's kinda baffling. He's essentially saying "I WANT to be your rebound guy. I must fix you and your evil ways." How romantic!
Yea, but he doesn't know what he's getting himself into. Pity he didn't specialise in pyschology otherwise Kim Subin might be a very interesting case-study for him. :roll
When Taepung found out Yuri faked her pregnancy, a light bulb should have gone in his head.

And apparently, they're going to skip most of the courtship process and go straight into marraige?!? HUH?!? Sure, I can see Yuri being that utterly insane, but Taepung ALSO thought this was a good idea. And Yuri's mum is really stupid to not INSIST on a prego test result. Seriously -- you hire people to investigate and follow your children, yet you won't verify a pregnancy. Really? REALLY?!?

I can actually imagine Yuri wearing a pillow under her shirt to fake a pregnancy. And I actually imagine her mum falling for it. Remarkable family!!
You can guess where Yuri inherited her genes from and as for Tae pung I'm not too sure because his parents doesn't seem that stupid. Maybe they took the wrong baby home from the hospital!!

baby_laos

Post by baby_laos » Dec 17th, '08, 07:47

does anybody know where i can d/l or watch this drama with eng subs from ep 116-???... =D

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Dec 31st, '08, 07:52

i think this series is something like Pure19. :blink

sephirothmr

Post by sephirothmr » Jan 7th, '09, 09:20

Can anyone seed Witch Yoo Hee episode 12, please? There is no one seeding this episode.

BlackKorean

Post by BlackKorean » Jun 16th, '09, 02:22

i'm so upset this show has ended. I have nothing to watch now. Can anyone suggest anything for me watch? Thanx

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 2nd, '09, 00:59

BlackKorean wrote:i'm so upset this show has ended. I have nothing to watch now. Can anyone suggest anything for me watch? Thanx
how about The Road home you can try that if you like :whistling: