IRIS (KBS2, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
incyphe

Re: IRIS ep20 discussion *SPOILERS!!!*

Post by incyphe » Dec 21st, '09, 07:21

OpTicaL wrote:EPISODE 20 DISCUSSION SPOILER!
Why did they have to kill Lee Byung-hun at the end? Was it necessary or was it trying to add additional emotion effect?
- Emotional effect
- To show Iris organization is still intact.
- Basically following through on the comment Baek-san made to LBH in ep 19.
- In k-dramas, even the main character dies at the end if he has a lot of blood on his hand.

This show's quality suffered badly towards half way through, both in terms of production quality and also storytelling. gar...

Syphire

Post by Syphire » Dec 22nd, '09, 00:18

IRIS had a nice beginning and was well paced after episode 1 and 2 but sadly died on the way to the end like the main character. I guess they really rushed to finish the season one and sadly I am not interessted in season two since the mainactor got shot. I really liked his acting and of course his North Korean sidekick, too. She was so much nicer and better than the main love interest.

The last 4 episodes disappoint all the way

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Dec 22nd, '09, 00:56

:scratch: where is the torrent for ep.01? :|

jamestew22

Post by jamestew22 » Dec 24th, '09, 13:28

enjoyed the 1st half of the episodes but find the last 5 episodes very rush and as mentioned by others, the music does not fit into the scene.
Last episode where the main actor was shot. Its not logical which if you are looking in terms of logic.
I assume a sniper shot him but the shot broke through the car's right window, which then the car's right side is facing the sea. Driver seat is on the left side. LOL

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 10th, '10, 16:36

The end few eps were a little odd, but the ending was appropriate, if not the popular option.
The dodgiest thing about the last eps was the terrorists somehow (magically? voodoo?) swapping their bodies with those of the hostages! How exactly did that happen, given that they were shot during a fire fight???? So the hostages were the ones trying to shoot the good guys? Err, surely they could have some up with a much more plausible plot device!!! That big budget, spend a bit more on the script!

And the President's Secretary, how did he not tell anyone of his suspicions about the dodgy secretary lady? I know they (the plot) needed a highly placed IRIS insider, but this was silly. And the North Korean security guy, he didn't tell the SK President what was said when the lady was sent out of the room in extremely obvious fashion?

And the IRIS assassin guy, his end was strangely limp, not dramatic at all, no big fight, no tension, no nothing. It seemed like he had pretty much given up.

They didn't really do IRIS any permanent damage, the top people are still there, and they are still definitely a threat, if somewhat diminished for the mean time in Korea. I wonder what the movie is like? Hyun Jun is presumably dead at the end of the series, so what is the movie, which is supposed to be, from memory, a continuation, going to show?

I suppose that the planned next season will see IRIS return and the 'good guys' at the NSS will be opposing them. LBH was busy, so his character had to die (!). Also, there is no way that IRIS would have forgiven Hyun Jun, and they could afford to wait a few months... At least he spent the time with Seung Hee. Hope Kim Tae Hee is available for next season.

Overall a very worthwhile watch, if occasionally inconsistent and frustrating. Hello season 2!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 13th, '10, 22:01

Why did they have to kill off the girl that way :pale: ... I mean I saw it coming but damn that was just wrong :crazy: ... turst the wrong people and bad things happen to u :cry:

oh btw before u said what is this person talking about episode 17 :P

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 13th, '10, 23:58

first i liked iris alot i knew it will be sad in the end as usual it's a K DRAMA but i think they killed the main actor coz he won't be able to be in second season if he could participate in the next season may be it would be end happily but i will be sure if he didn't die in this season he will be dead in the second one heheh

did any one notice something very wrong the sniper shooot LBH from left side and LBH in the ending scene his face still looking in the left direction it must turn his head in the oposite direction which is right :unsure: any way if u notice in the 3rd epi they were talking about the 2 monsters who loved each others and they couldn't be togther but still they look at each other from a distance since this scene i knew he will be die in the end even that i still was so angry when it happen coz they give us false hope that they will live happily ever after
i think in next season kim tae he will return to NSS to took revenge from IRIS

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Jan 14th, '10, 09:50

love this drama very much :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 14th, '10, 17:53

caramelchampagne wrote: first i liked iris alot i knew it will be sad in the end as usual it's a K DRAMA but i think they killed the main actor coz he won't be able to be in second season if he could participate in the next season may be it would be end happily but i will be sure if he didn't die in this season he will be dead in the second one heheh
that just not right ,,, To me the second is going to be really weird seeing that the main charcter isn't going to be there :crazy: everytime I read that I Shake my head :glare:
but then what of the second if that is so ??i s my question

On the second to last episode 19 >>> :pale: so many twists the poor guy(s) :unsure:

danchemistry

Post by danchemistry » Jan 20th, '10, 11:18

I heard the movie version will be a continuation of the story from the drama. Release of "Iris: The Movie" is expected to follow the conclusion of KBS drama "Iris." ?

Is that true?

Hyun Jun

Post by Hyun Jun » Jan 30th, '10, 23:37

damnit .. The end made me cry.. it was soo.. saaad :(

but it was the best Asian series i've ever seen in my whole life

rps13sh

Post by rps13sh » Feb 2nd, '10, 04:36

it was alright. it's like a wannabe "24" with a smaller budget and alot more sappyness.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 4th, '10, 05:24

What an ending
.. it has me asking y they killed of most of the main characters of the drama ... and don't talk about how he die :unsure: :crazy: i just don't get it out of no wear and then boom he dead smh smh smh smh... so then what will become of the 2nd part or the movie ( which ever is coming out :P )
nice show best kdrama iIhave watched so far :whistling: :P :thumright: :thumleft:

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 5th, '10, 12:01

The ending is supposed to be open ended. They are obviously thinking of season 2.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 5th, '10, 17:06

And movie will take up from the point where drama left. So no Lee Byun Hun in it.

beasliho

When will IRIS come back?

Post by beasliho » Feb 15th, '10, 05:10

I watched all the episodes and cannot wait to get more!

I am new to Kdrama - kdrama novice. I use the http://www.dramaqueen.mobi/iris/index.html website and it has lots of the shows.

Are there more recent shows anywhere? By the way, why did they kill off the main character?

mtlandis

Re: When will IRIS come back?

Post by mtlandis » Feb 15th, '10, 18:13

beasliho wrote:I watched all the episodes and cannot wait to get more!

I am new to Kdrama - kdrama novice. I use the http://www.dramaqueen.mobi/iris/index.html website and it has lots of the shows.

Are there more recent shows anywhere? By the way, why did they kill off the main character?
This person joined my site and posted almost the same thing. The problem with that? Nothing really except - the BLOG belongs to them, they used a temporary e-mail address to register and, when I visited their BLOG, my firewall wasn't happy. (I wasn't really paying attention when the firewall alert came up and I just blocked whatever it was. It is possible the firewall alert was merely for ad cookies).

BTW - their BLOG looks a lot like My Soju and a novice could easily be mislead.

yumichya

Post by yumichya » Mar 5th, '10, 21:13

even though it's one of the best K-dramas i've seen , it has the worst ending......
i really think it's based on reality, they showed us how the evil exists & works not only in Korea but also in the entire world, i'd be surprised if other people didn't think the same, and i'm not that excited about a 2nd season either.

Anaehl

Post by Anaehl » Mar 6th, '10, 20:07

I loved IRIS but was really disappointed with the ending. I found it unnecessary and didn't see it's point.
On the other hand, I am not really...anything about the second season of IRIS (called Athena or something). I took a glance of the main actors and it didn't made me want to see it, but who knows, maybe it'll be something to watch.
I just saw that on march the 2nd Lee Byung-Hun's new drama (an online show if I am not mistaken) is called The Influence ( the djc) I am so curios about it but I can't seem to find anything than some pictures and the first episode (online) without english translations. I am so curios to see if anyone will pick up the drama and subtitle it (it'd be so great if I understood korean...:(...).
Is it true that there might be an IRIS movie? (possibly with the same cast?) or is it just a rumor?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 6th, '10, 20:14

IRIS movie is near future but without LBH cause movie will take off from the place where drama left.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 6th, '10, 21:23

Ending was sad indeed but I was more curious about WHO KILLED HIM?!

aXn08cott

Post by aXn08cott » Mar 26th, '10, 06:53

ANYONE KNOW?
Is it true there going to be another season of IRIS and it going to be jam pack?
anyone answer it...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 27th, '10, 14:53

Neliets wrote:Ending was sad indeed but I was more curious about WHO KILLED HIM?!
You and me both ...??? another question i Hvae is there really going to be a movie and an another series ??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Mar 28th, '10, 05:48

From what I have read there is going to be a second season, though it will be renamed Athena, and also a movie version of the first season is coming out soon.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 28th, '10, 10:16

Actually the movie will take off where drama left. And about Athena: different cast.
http://news.nate.com/view/20100303n22606
http://news.nate.com/view/20100304n05448

Cast

Jung Woo Sung as Lee Jung Woo (it will be his third drama)
Cha Seung Won as Son Hyuk

Synopsis

A terrorist group known as "Athena" and led by evil mastermind Son Hyuk threatens South Korea and the world. It is now up to special agent Lee Jung Woo of the National Security Agency to foil their terrifying conspiracy.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Apr 3rd, '10, 15:01

Ethlenn wrote:Actually the movie will take off where drama left. And about Athena: different cast.
http://news.nate.com/view/20100303n22606
http://news.nate.com/view/20100304n05448

Cast

Jung Woo Sung as Lee Jung Woo (it will be his third drama)
Cha Seung Won as Son Hyuk

Synopsis

A terrorist group known as "Athena" and led by evil mastermind Son Hyuk threatens South Korea and the world. It is now up to special agent Lee Jung Woo of the National Security Agency to foil their terrifying conspiracy.
Oh wow .. interesting now a whole other group of people to fight off :P :O

jampong

Post by jampong » Apr 29th, '10, 02:56

Ethlenn wrote:Actually the movie will take off where drama left.
The movie will reveal details about who killed (sniper the last episode) Hyun Joon (Byung Hun Lee) .. I really enjoyed the drama and am looking forward to the movie.

jessewong

Post by jessewong » May 9th, '10, 06:35

in iris 2 (the real sequel), i hear they're trying to bring back everyone who is for sure alive, and trying to bring back Byung Hun Lee? They "killed" him off at the end of season 1 because he had to do gi joe 2, but im guessing he'll be back after he finishes gi joe 2

wazx

Post by wazx » Aug 4th, '10, 11:37

Question I had about episode 20:

One of IRIS main objective is to prevent the summit between North and the South. Since IRIS was able to easily infiltrate so many of their men into what I believe to be a tight-secured, impregnable SUMMIT meeting why go as far as setting off a NUKE in the middle of Seoul? For example, why not let the meeting go as planned, assassinate the President from the South (forgot his name) and plant evident that it was the North’s doing. Simple, easy, and sure fire way to spark a war, right? No need to kill 150,000 citizens and you’ll have a clearer conscious (aka Chul Young wouldn’t have betrayed what’s his face).

What is the real reason for Sa Woo's betrayal against Hyun Jun? He's willing to kill Hyun Jun because if he didn't take on the mission Seung Hee would have had to, right? But why was his betrayal so rooted? At the beginning of the drama it was made to believe that he also did it for his country. If the North found out that a agent from the South murder their minister it'll cause war. But isn't that IRIS's ultimate goal in this series?! In the later part of the series I don't understand why Sa Woo continues to try and kill Hyun Jun.

And the most important reason I didn’t really like IRIS is:

My third rant is just the unclear reason for Baek San’s actions. What exactly was Baek San’s reason to frame Hyun Joon? From my understanding it’s because Hyun Joon fell in love with Seung Hee (and vice-versa) and how she was the “forbidden fruit” in his eyes. But I call TOTAL BULLSHIT on that CRAP. If Baek San was truly a father figure to Seung Hee why not affirm their LOVE? Why act like a sadistic bastard and go

“Oh this jerk is in love with my god-daughter, and even though I murder his parents and basically made his life a living hell, I’m going to frame his ass.”

Seriously, did Baek San think that he can keep Seung Hee from seeing a guy or losing her virginity forever?

I mean, Baek San monitored and control Hyun Jun’s life, so he should have a good understand of what a great guy he was.

Which reminds me, why did Baek San make Hyun Joon life a living hell? I believe (even though he never stated why) that he spared Hyun Joon life out of mercy (it’s within his character). Yet not only did you traumatized the kid by killing his parents, you sent him to an orphanage, and made him your little puppet which you controlled. In retrospect, Baek San should allow the relationship between Seung Hee and Hyun Joo after all he’s done to him.

One could say that Baek San's reason to chose Hyun Joo for the assassination mission is because he fears Hyun Joo would betray Baek San if he discovered he killed his parents. That's a reasonable EXCUSE but also a huge stretch because, like I said before, why bring him into NSS then? Why train him to be a super skilled agent for six months, let him in on all the NSS secrets, and kill him after less then three (two?) missions?

Ok, I understand, you needed to control his life because IRIS ordered his assassination and you didn’t carry it out. But why make him a part of NSS? Isn’t that like going the opposite direction of keeping him hidden and away from your “forbidden fruit”? And after all that crap, IRIS still figured out that Baek San never fully carried out his assassination order and he was never reprimanded for it. So why did the mission to assassinate that North Korean Politician (guy from episode 1) “had” to be Hyun Joon?

I thought the reason it “had” to be Hyun Joon is because he needed to be buried and unknown to IRIS. So sending him into a suicide mission was the best solution to keep him a secret. But why do so if IRIS never really mind that Baek San hadn’t killed him? And I’m pretty sure Baek San is clever enough to realize IRIS wouldn’t have punished him for not killing Hyun Joon.

Alright another scenario I figure was that IRIS knew Baek San never killed Hyun Joo. And that he was chosen to be the sacrificial lamb because for fear of “Doctor” (aka Mr. X or The Voice) reaching out to him. Which turns to my previous question, why bring him to the NSS and turn him into a killing machine, ripe for the picking by the “Doctor”?

So in conclusion, I guess my biggest rant is:

There was no reason that Hyun Joon “HAD” to be the target of that suicide mission. Writers was just creating retarded excuses. And if there “HAD” not been a reason to set Hyun Joon up, then the whole story of “IRIS” is crap.

Oh and IRIS season 2 and the movie, honestly not looking forward to it (especially because of stupid ending). You basically killed off anyone of interest in the series... Sa Woo, Hyun Jun, Mi Jung, TOP. They're better off with a new cast rather then trying to salvage the wreck they created. I predict IRIS is going to be the Korean Prison Break. Season 1 was astounding, then season 2 was just riding the gravy train, season 3 was WTF, season 4 was OMG, and OMGWTFBBQ they made a season 5. But the difference in IRIS and Prison Break was, they didn't kill off the male lead until after season 5.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jan 20th, '11, 00:06

I loved IRIS...I haven't watched a korean drama for a long time (I'm more of a j-dorama fan)...but LBH drew me in as he is my SAMA!!

Although it is way up there in my top fav k-drama...I have to say, there were bits towards the end that weren't great. Off course the ending sucked...but I wasn't expecting any lovely dovely happy ending.

What bugged me was the change in Seung Hee towards the end. I don't think it was explained very well. Yes..she did have some sort of relationship with Baek San..but how truthful was that confession. Also...why would she just get asked to join IRIS? Surely it is do or die? And then after her rejecting IRIS, she was still getting suspicious phone calls and she was so incorporative during the summit. Why did she go and do her own thing? He change towards the end was unnecessary suspense and confusion.

My fav character of the whole drama was Seon Hwa...she deserve more happiness towards the end. She really gave her all to Hyun Joon and even though she didn't end up with him..it was still very sorrowful for her. It was a surprise that at the end of the series...I really admired the NK side a lot more than the SK side.

I am excited about IRIS 2...if it has Hyun Joon and Seon Hwa I will watch it...if these 2 characters I will probably give it a miss!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 23rd, '11, 00:30

I was late with watching but I do not understand what is most of this confusion about. Do some people even watch this because it seems they do not.
there is apparently another level of organization,
Seung He is connected to IRIS boss, doughter maybe
the threat must be big or there is conspiracy in conspiracy as she did her part in IRIS plans
Hyun Ju was hindering actions from almost begining and preparing someone to be used and killed is not so uncommon, he was just too good in the end so he survived.
He was dangerous, as Seung He seems to be important for whatever reason it is and he had influence on her ((to some point as in the end she did her part) but still risk seems to be to big or someone do not like to has his "interest" being involved (doubt it to be so easy) - so he was killed (and he did not wanted to play in sequel)

l'm interested how they play it as it's a little complicated right now, I hope not too much of melodrama and missing children crap!

BTW I agree NK rules here I like them all better, girl is great and her boss even better.

kennett1

Post by kennett1 » Mar 28th, '11, 09:47

LBH may not have died in the end. (Debatable)

Otherwise why would the directors/producers have even considered asking him to come back in IRIS 2?

The fact that he survived the plane crash tells me that the character is pretty resilient

Also killing off LBH is like killing off Jason Bourne in the Bourne series.
This is a TV series- people do survive wounds (even to the head)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:11

but he resisted temptation :lol and he is not part of sequel as I understand, so he is killed. It is even part of information about sequel "..3 years after .. was killed" (I do not remember names, sorry).
And of course in drama they can crash you by tank and you can survive but let's hope not! It would be the same plot once again. This time I want some pretty and CLEVER guy to bring her down and this secret organisation too. With help of North Korea (he can be their agent) so this nice and much better looking girl can be back with her interesting and inteligent boss. At the end of course BIG BAD GUY will be petting his cat but then we can hope for part 3 :whistling:

sophliet

IRIS Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Post by sophliet » Apr 13th, '11, 04:02

Spoilers....

So my question is 'What was the reason for Sa Woo's betrayal?'
The show tried to address this issue but I feel like I just couldn't grasp the reasoning at all. Apparently he did it for Seung Hee's sake. But what the heck? I feel if Seung Hee was given the job of killing Hyun-Joo, she would have found a way to warn him or tried to protect him in some other way. But instead Sa Woo straight out went to kill him which seems unreal to me, considering how close they were.

The show tried to portray Sa Woo as this person who follows orders no matter what and that's how he got sucked in. But for someone who is so straight laced, how could that person agree to killing so many people?

All through out the show people kept asking him why he was doing this and I kept thinking that the writers will spill this huge secret which would make me go 'Ahhhhh, so that's why he did it!' But what they gave us was this lame excuse of how he did not want Seung Hee to be burdened with it. Its just something that did not sit right with me and I keep feeling like there was more to it than that.

What do you guys think? Did anyone else feel this way? Do you think the writers planning to reveal something in Iris 2 or is that how far Sa Woo's story goes?

mod edit: no double threads. Questions can be asked here too.

kennett1

Post by kennett1 » Apr 16th, '11, 08:11

well theres many parts of storyline that don't quite make sense.

i felt that the first part of the show was much better than second part of the show.

Spoiler:

the show could have finished when the nuclear explosion was prevented.

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Dec 11th, '11, 14:08

I just watch both the drama and the movie and try to figure out a few things. My conclusion is that the story quite simple after all, IRIS just wants to escalate the conflict by creating such incident in the summit meeting without killing anyone. Why? Because with creating such incident it will destroy the trust and if they kill someone that will harm their organization.
I also think that KTH play an evil role in this drama, the reasons are :
  • 1. In the last part of the movie it shows that the sniper is Seon Hwa. From whom she knows the location since only Seung Hee and Hyun Jun know it? And does Seung Hee doesn’t see the sniper or the car which suddenly stop?
    2. Baek San ever said that he can kill Hyun Jun anytime but he still needs him now. I think IRIS needs Hyun Jun to be succeeded in their plot to create chaos in the summit.
    3. Baek San also ever told Sa Woo to keep away his heart from Seung Hee. I think it because Seung Hee was positioned by IRIS to attract Hyun Joon. If there is disturbance from Sa Woo, it might destroy their plan.
    4. I am sure you will say then why Seon Hwa didn’t want Seung Hee to meet with Hyun Joon when they infiltrated to NSS. The answer is very simple because they just respond to their boss and don’t know about other’s business. (Baek San who say that but I forget in what part). Since Seung Hee doesn’t know about the infiltration anything can happen so better not to reveal Hyun Joon to her.
    5. Baek San asked the terrorists to release Seung Hee. I think it has the same reason with number 3. IRIS’s plan will be ruined if Seung Hee died that is why they prefer to save her than getting the code.
    6. Hyun Jun ever asked Seung Hee what her relation with Baek San. She just said that she was recruited to kill him but she rejects that. Then the question is why Seung Hee knows first than NSS that the real terrorists have left the mall and is in the summit? Then she a high rank in IRIS since she know the whole plot because even she accepts to kill the Hyun Joon, she won’t be given such information.
    7. In the summit how she know the exact position of the sniper and kill the man easily except the sniper has acknowledge her as senior. And also how she can take a position where she can shoot all other snipers easily?
    8. When Hyun Joon meet Baek San in prison, Baek San said that what happened to Hyun Jun because he bit the forbidden fruit. I think the forbidden fruit refer to Seung Hee because what else can better in represented its meaning?
    9. When Seung Hee left Hyun Joon alone to meet Baek San. I think she do it with purpose since if that kind of thing doesn’t happen Hyun Joon might keep information which he know from her. Since she acted strange like that Hyun Joon who very love her will questioned her if anything wrong.
    10. You might ask why Seung Hee searches for Hyun Joon so desperately. Same like before she was in charge to keep Hyun Joon near her before the summit to ensure the plan run smoothly. And since her colleague knew her relationship with Hyun Joon, she needs to pretend, right?
I think that the victims of this are those who get killed since IRIS is an organization which put their goal as number one. I also think that the main actors in this conspiracy are Seung Hee, Baek San, and those North Korea general who shot by Vick (Forget his name).
I posted somewhere else but seems no one interested in it anymore, so I try to post here. What do you think?

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 14th, '13, 02:29

This thread's been inactive for a while. Any chance it can get flipped into an "IRIS 1 & 2" thread?

I'm only here for the Lee Beom Soo factor, myself. :D
If talent is sexy, and I devoutly believe it is, that man must be the sexiest actor in Korea.

And just to throw the cat among the pigeons:
I, rootabega, have absolutely no problem with the way IRIS 1 ended. Actually, I am totally OK with it. (*ducks* emoticon goes here).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 14th, '13, 21:44

I'm here for Lee Beom Soo too and I agree he's awesome. Although not top in Korea, come on, there are many awesome hotties with skills there so let's not make the rest cry. :P

And I also don't mind how Season 1 ended. Mainly because I hated the romance aspect of it and because I didn't feel connected enough to the main character throughout it.

I did know about it beforehand, though, so I cannot know how I would feel if I hadn't.

Edit: I made a new thread for 'IRIS2', as I feel it is a sequel, rather than a Season 2 of 'IRIS'. We have all the main characters changed, a long time has gone by and it seems like a new chapter.

castor13

Post by castor13 » Apr 11th, '13, 16:14

SPOILERS:

anyway i just finished watching it just now, hmm i just wanna ask, who shot Kim Hyun Jun?
is it Mr. Black / Mr. Black's men?

is IRIS 1 connected to IRIS 2 ?

im about to watch IRIS 2 now..

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '13, 15:19

castor13 wrote:SPOILERS:

anyway i just finished watching it just now, hmm i just wanna ask, who shot Kim Hyun Jun?
is it Mr. Black / Mr. Black's men?

is IRIS 1 connected to IRIS 2 ?

im about to watch IRIS 2 now..
It was IRIS. Ray (David Lee McInnis). 'IRIS2' is a bit related to IRIS, but so far, they've left most things unexplained.
Also, it's a very bad series. Even more than the first one, which was a sad surprise. But you be the judge of that.

I can only speak for myself and I don't regret watching it, because one of my favorite actors is in it.