East of Eden (MBC, 2008) Song Seung Hun, Lee Da Hae

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Nyar Nyar

Hi Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 2nd, '08, 10:20

lavenderskye wrote:Thanks for sharing the pics kim_calvz!

She's so pretty!! I love the chemistry between Dong-Chul & Hye-Rin :wub: Hope to see more of them together! It's kinda bad, but I skipped directly to episode 28 after reading this thread...
Hey Kim,

We have one more member to our team(fav; to Song & DH).

Welcome lavenderskye!

Shall await together to our Kim's good potrial of Dong Chul & Hye Rin how they will play their chemistry by somehow in a lovely way. Right Kim?

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 3rd, '08, 17:18

:lol thanks...
:-(
i'm disappointed because in Episode 29 and 30 there were no Dong-chul and Hye-rin moments like in Episode 28...well they went to Rebeca's party but it seems that they haven't seen and shared some thoughts before....they just nodded to each other.. :O :O :O
and Hye-rin went to Dong-chul...but dong-chul is kinda annoyed when he saw Hye-rin........(maybe because he thinks Hye-rin is like a stalker :lol :lol :lol )
and darn it Young-ran is back......oh come on please stop it..!!!!...please there are many interesting plots in the story .....please don't be focus in young-ran and Dong-chul again.they had enough episodes....enough for them...

and Mike is in serious trouble...because of his Business(?)...and darn i have to admit this...after i've seen Episode 30....there must be another chance for Dong-chul and Young-ran.?...(oh i want to cry).....what do you think about that?
Last edited by kim_calvz on Dec 4th, '08, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

Nyar Nyar

To Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 4th, '08, 02:36

kim_calvz wrote::lol thanks...
:-(
i'm dissapointed because in Episode 29 and 30 there were no Dong-chul and Hye-rin moments like in Episode 28...well they went to Rebeca's party but it seems that they haven't seen and shared some thoughts before....they just nodded to each other.. :O :O :O
and Hye-rin went to Dong-chul...but dong-chul is kinda annoyed when he saw Hye-rin........(maybe because he thinks Hye-rin is like a stalker :lol :lol :lol )
and darn it Young-ran is back......oh come on please stop it..!!!!...please there are many interesting plots in the story .....please don't be focus in young-ran and Dong-chul again.they had enough episodes....enough for them...

and Mike is in serious trouble...because of his Business(?)...and darn i have to admit this...after i've seen Episode 30....there must be another chance for Dong-chul and Young-ran.?...(oh i want to cry).....what do you think about that?
Hey Kim,

Me too! I'm also disappointed. Young ran (Grace?) just married to Mike, right? I don't think & I totally disgree if they(Yong ran & Dong chul again?) involve each other.
What a worse & waste Hm? One is married woman & don't want to be sacrificed DC's life again.
The best way is to become close DC & Hye rin together in soonest possible(ha ha, Am I too bias & personalized?)

Oh, kim ,the only way we can do now is to pray for DC & HR as there is left another 20eps, right?

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar
p.s .Anyway, I'm so pleased & happy during these days as I receive your reply & post in almost everday. Bye..

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 4th, '08, 06:38

Hey Nyar Nyar & Kim!

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I'm like you guys, I want DC to end up with HR...but will it happen, we don't know... :unsure:

I agree, if they focus on DC & YR again...it'll be a waste, and they've already had a lot of screen time together. I feel she's too immature for him and they don't really match, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Nyar Nyar

To Kim & Lavender

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 4th, '08, 06:55

Hi Lavender,

As I said to Kim, we have to wait & see next more 20eps; what will happen.
I think this one is a little bit twist btwn the charactors, (I mean not much as simple as other K-dramas).

Hey Kim,

Do keep in touch if there is any good romance pop ups btwn DC & HY. Okey?

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 4th, '08, 13:50

hey guys Hye-rin and Dong-chul will go to Japan together(wooot---woooot :wub: )for business...well NyarNyra thanks for your convincing words for me not to give up on Hye-rin and Dong-chul...if i were Dong-chul i will bring Hye-rin to some other places in Japan and eat shushi together......and Mr. Guk will be the matchmaker for Hye-rin and Dong-chul.......Lavender did you skipped some episodes?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 4th, '08, 14:30

That's great news! :cheers: I'm looking forward to those eps...thanks Kim!

...and yeah, I skipped 27 eps... :lol

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 4th, '08, 22:43

General EofE speculation to follow . . .
I think LDC/MHR was getting delayed because EofE had been setting up separate mini-storylines for LDC and LDW. The task of defeating Shin Tae Hwan had been given to LDW, which in turn will lead to him learning of his true identity. Notice how that storyline has brought in Shin Tae Hwan's wife, who will soon (heh, that may be another 15 episodes) learn what Rebecca did to her personally between her false and true sons. East of Eden has refocused between Lee Dong Wook, Shin Myung Huk, Shin Tae Hwan, and Rebecca. It's likely that this storyline will dominate East of Eden for the next 5-10 episodes, finally ending with the fall of Shin Tae Hwan.

My hunch is that LDC/MHR is being set up for when after Shin Tae Hwan is finally sent to prison. At that point, Lee Dong Wook will finally learn of his lineage and may vy to become the true heir of Tae Sung.

Triangle between Grace and MHR probably won't be strong. And in fact, this may set up a rivalry between Dong Chul and Grace. First, it's appearing that President Guk is for all intents and purposes grooming LDC (and not his daughter) to become the heir of his empire. Giving LDC the combination marked a fundamental change in the relationship between Dong Chul and President Guk, and it's a genuine threat to Grace who had been reared to succeed her father. Second, if Dong Chul and Hye Rin become romantic, President Guk can give Dong Chul the social status that Dong Wook didn't have (and it's likely Dong Wook will resent his brother for this.) In addition, President Guk would see this as an auspicious opportunity, since Min Hye Rin is the future heiress to a newspaper, and of course President Min and Guk are old friends. Grace literally has EVERYBODY against her, and in a way she'll become more and more marginal while Mike remains incognito.
Honestly, the show will need more than 20 episodes to properly finish off this story. Hopefully we'll hear news of series extension soon.

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 5th, '08, 03:47

kim_calvz wrote:hey guys Hye-rin and Dong-chul will go to Japan together(wooot---woooot :wub: )for business...well NyarNyra thanks for your convincing words for me not to give up on Hye-rin and Dong-chul...if i were Dong-chul i will bring Hye-rin to some other places in Japan and eat shushi together......and Mr. Guk will be the matchmaker for Hye-rin and Dong-chul.......Lavender did you skipped some episodes?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes, Kim. We are on the same boat. Fighting!
Wow, going together to Japan.Oh la la.... That's really great.
Me too. Sushi is one of my fav.food. Ha ha...
Hope they will become more closer than before during this trip.
One more favour, could you pls. snap shots of their lovely scene in JPN for me, Hm???
Cheers!
Nyarnyar

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 5th, '08, 08:13

belleza wrote:General EofE speculation to follow . . .
I think LDC/MHR was getting delayed because EofE had been setting up separate mini-storylines for LDC and LDW. The task of defeating Shin Tae Hwan had been given to LDW, which in turn will lead to him learning of his true identity. Notice how that storyline has brought in Shin Tae Hwan's wife, who will soon (heh, that may be another 15 episodes) learn what Rebecca did to her personally between her false and true sons. East of Eden has refocused between Lee Dong Wook, Shin Myung Huk, Shin Tae Hwan, and Rebecca. It's likely that this storyline will dominate East of Eden for the next 5-10 episodes, finally ending with the fall of Shin Tae Hwan.

My hunch is that LDC/MHR is being set up for when after Shin Tae Hwan is finally sent to prison. At that point, Lee Dong Wook will finally learn of his lineage and may vy to become the true heir of Tae Sung.

Triangle between Grace and MHR probably won't be strong. And in fact, this may set up a rivalry between Dong Chul and Grace. First, it's appearing that President Guk is for all intents and purposes grooming LDC (and not his daughter) to become the heir of his empire. Giving LDC the combination marked a fundamental change in the relationship between Dong Chul and President Guk, and it's a genuine threat to Grace who had been reared to succeed her father. Second, if Dong Chul and Hye Rin become romantic, President Guk can give Dong Chul the social status that Dong Wook didn't have (and it's likely Dong Wook will resent his brother for this.) In addition, President Guk would see this as an auspicious opportunity, since Min Hye Rin is the future heiress to a newspaper, and of course President Min and Guk are old friends. Grace literally has EVERYBODY against her, and in a way she'll become more and more marginal while Mike remains incognito.
Honestly, the show will need more than 20 episodes to properly finish off this story. Hopefully we'll hear news of series extension soon.
Thanks for the speculation report! I'm so impatient when it comes to dramas...

I do have a question though...so do Korean dramas that are currently airing add more eps if it's doing pretty well? I've kinda thought that they did, but it seems weird to start airing dramas when they haven't completely finished the post-production process. I definitely know Japanese dramas don't do that...and I don't think HK, Chinese, & Taiwanese dramas do either.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 5th, '08, 09:15

I do have a question though...so do Korean dramas that are currently airing add more eps if it's doing pretty well? I've kinda thought that they did, but it seems weird to start airing dramas when they haven't completely finished the post-production process. I
Ahhh, well most Korean (actually, nist Taiwan, Korean and Japanese trendy) dramas go by live shoot. That is, they're shooting as they're airing. If there's location work, as there was with East of Eden, often the footage will be used in later shows. If the shows have really strong ratings, you'll see a series extension. This is especially true if it's a sageuk.

MBC has done this for various shows the past year and half. Coffee Prince, Yi San, New Heart, Beethoven Virus. I don't think there's been a formal announcement for East of Eden, but it's very, very likely they'll extend this run. When the show started hitting mid-20 scores, the lead actors restructured their contracts to lower the asking rate per episode. That's the first sign that they intend to extend the show. But, usually, you can pick up that an extension is coming when the story seems to go in different directions.
For example, the Lee Dong Chul and Min Hye Rin was a major promotional item in the story. However, as you can see, they've delayed and delayed this storyline, minimalizing their interaction to but a few scenes until Episode 28. In turn, they've greatly extended both the Lee Dong Chul/Yoo Ran and Lee Dong Wook/Min Hye Rin romances, giving both quite a few "false endings." Also, they threw in a weird time jump to avoid having to do the hard work of connecting filler plot. Dong Chul's enemies instantly become friends. LDC/YR ends but we don't really know how, and we're not 100% sure if it's "really over."

My hunch is that Dong Chul and Dong Wook are now in completely different storyline simply because the writers HAD to commit to developing the romance between Dong Chul and Hye Rin. It seems already implausible that Min Hye Rin has absolutely no clue that Dong Chul and Dong Wook are brothers, given that she was so close to LDW for well over a decade. Are we to believe that, given the many times she's visited his house and how he adores his brother that he never, ever mentioned his bro's name?

There's been rumors about internal tension among the writing staff and actors (i.e. they've altered the original story a lot.) The principal writer (due to health as well as stress from the show) was replaced after Episode 35. The East of Eden style may radically change somewhere in the middle of the show. I'm not saying this show is a mess or a train wreck . . . but you can kinda tell that MBC wants to badly, badly keep this show going. It's kinda disappointing because the lapses in the writing hurt its ratings and prevented it thus far from passing the National Ratings demarcation line (i.e. a 30 rating)

So far, it's just unrealistic to properly finish this story in 20 episodes.

1) The original brother needs to find out the truth, and hide it. That's at least 5-7 episode right there.

2) The 2nd brother has to find out and deal with the emotional fallout. That's at least 3-5 episodes.

3) LDC and MHR have to fall in love. That's going to be 3-5 episodes.

4) Shin Tae Hwan has to be finished off. God knows what it'll take to do that storyline.

5) What about the two mothers?
There's been a lot of active debate all over the Net about which couple will prevail. The flaw with any argument is that East of Eden hasn't really been all that romantic. The core relationship is of that between the brothers, and how their love pushes them forward and will get tested once the truth is revealed. Everything else has been an accessory to the up-and-down quest of the Lee brothers.

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Dec 8th, '08, 23:10

Lee Da Hae makes me feel tingly inside ^_^

Looking foward to watching this one although the 50eps scares me :blink

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 9th, '08, 21:16

hey Nyar Nyar

just stopping by here....because i'm kinda busy these days...oh welll if i have an extra time i will post some screenshots here....well for now here is a sneak preview image from you Image

the story is getting better and better now and intense because "Myung-hoon finally knew his real identity that he is not the son of Shin Tae-wan"

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 10th, '08, 02:35

kim_calvz wrote:hey Nyar Nyar

just stopping by here....because i'm kinda busy these days...oh welll if i have an extra time i will post some screenshots here....well for now here is a sneak preview image from you Image

the story is getting better and better now and intense because "Myung-hoon finally knew his real identity that he is not the son of Shin Tae-wan"
Oh Kim,

It makes me a little feel tense/sad. Does this mean I will miss your post in long days?

Anyway, Kunbumwa for your snap shots. I love it.

But pls. promise me you will post this lovely story & how it is end, Yasukha?

Khitaryiyo(I'll be waiting & looking forward to your more posts)

Warmest Regards,
Nyarnyar

Nyar Nyar

Thanks to Belleza

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 10th, '08, 10:26

belleza wrote:
I do have a question though...so do Korean dramas that are currently airing add more eps if it's doing pretty well? I've kinda thought that they did, but it seems weird to start airing dramas when they haven't completely finished the post-production process. I
Ahhh, well most Korean (actually, nist Taiwan, Korean and Japanese trendy) dramas go by live shoot. That is, they're shooting as they're airing. If there's location work, as there was with East of Eden, often the footage will be used in later shows. If the shows have really strong ratings, you'll see a series extension. This is especially true if it's a sageuk.

MBC has done this for various shows the past year and half. Coffee Prince, Yi San, New Heart, Beethoven Virus. I don't think there's been a formal announcement for East of Eden, but it's very, very likely they'll extend this run. When the show started hitting mid-20 scores, the lead actors restructured their contracts to lower the asking rate per episode. That's the first sign that they intend to extend the show. But, usually, you can pick up that an extension is coming when the story seems to go in different directions.
For example, the Lee Dong Chul and Min Hye Rin was a major promotional item in the story. However, as you can see, they've delayed and delayed this storyline, minimalizing their interaction to but a few scenes until Episode 28. In turn, they've greatly extended both the Lee Dong Chul/Yoo Ran and Lee Dong Wook/Min Hye Rin romances, giving both quite a few "false endings." Also, they threw in a weird time jump to avoid having to do the hard work of connecting filler plot. Dong Chul's enemies instantly become friends. LDC/YR ends but we don't really know how, and we're not 100% sure if it's "really over."

My hunch is that Dong Chul and Dong Wook are now in completely different storyline simply because the writers HAD to commit to developing the romance between Dong Chul and Hye Rin. It seems already implausible that Min Hye Rin has absolutely no clue that Dong Chul and Dong Wook are brothers, given that she was so close to LDW for well over a decade. Are we to believe that, given the many times she's visited his house and how he adores his brother that he never, ever mentioned his bro's name?

There's been rumors about internal tension among the writing staff and actors (i.e. they've altered the original story a lot.) The principal writer (due to health as well as stress from the show) was replaced after Episode 35. The East of Eden style may radically change somewhere in the middle of the show. I'm not saying this show is a mess or a train wreck . . . but you can kinda tell that MBC wants to badly, badly keep this show going. It's kinda disappointing because the lapses in the writing hurt its ratings and prevented it thus far from passing the National Ratings demarcation line (i.e. a 30 rating)

So far, it's just unrealistic to properly finish this story in 20 episodes.

1) The original brother needs to find out the truth, and hide it. That's at least 5-7 episode right there.

2) The 2nd brother has to find out and deal with the emotional fallout. That's at least 3-5 episodes.

3) LDC and MHR have to fall in love. That's going to be 3-5 episodes.

4) Shin Tae Hwan has to be finished off. God knows what it'll take to do that storyline.

5) What about the two mothers?
There's been a lot of active debate all over the Net about which couple will prevail. The flaw with any argument is that East of Eden hasn't really been all that romantic. The core relationship is of that between the brothers, and how their love pushes them forward and will get tested once the truth is revealed. Everything else has been an accessory to the up-and-down quest of the Lee brothers.
Hi Belleza,

Thanks for your well speculation & points 1~5 which/how this series needs to extend.
I totally agree with you.

Belleza, do you mean (most of the series go on live like "On Air", someitmes the show/plot will change depends on the script writer(or) actors?

Wow, that's v- exciting for the ones like us who wants to know the ending v-truly.(Just kidding)

Anyway, my good friend,Kim will be busy during these days, could you pls. kindly update me on the plot, pls.Okey?

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 10th, '08, 19:39

hi everyone and especially to Nyar Nyar

EPISODE 31

Dong-chul and Hye-rin met in Mr. Chun's place.

HR: Lee Dong-chul
(Hye-rin smiled because of his reaction)
HR: Don't get nervous,i won't ask for an interview.
:-)
Mr. Min, Mr. g**k, Youn-ran,Hye-rin and Dongchul
talked about the business trip in Japan, they talked about cylinder press(not sure about this,its a printing machine)
Hanseh needs a financial support, Mr. g**k offered some help(Young-ran is now back in her attitute "a brat")

YR: Uncle,are you done with Han-Sung side?(Hye-rin broke up to Baek)
How long do we have to be a personal bank for you?
Mr g**k: Grace!!!(i was like "you should slap her for being impolite" :-) :-) :-) )
YR: Apa, you look like a silly match maker
(Young-ran is really mean,how could she say that in front of the elders,,,back then,she was really sweet to Hye-rin...i dunno what episode is that....,,,,they are like sisters...and knowing that her family is one of the closest friend of Hye-rin's family ...oh what a girl..)

:-) :-) :-)

YR: Are you going on a business trip with Hye-rin?
DC: Why?are you worry?
YR: Don't go, i don't want to.(is she jealous?)

in Japan....the japanese hotel receptionist mistakens Hhye-rin as Dong-chul's wife
DC: i'd like to check in, I'm Lee Dong-chul
Guy: I'm Sorry i cannot find your name. Maybe your wife is on
reservation list( :-) Mr. g**k planned that?) :-)
HR: i'm not his wife,but anyway,can you just check if the room
is resereved under my name. I'm Min Hye-rin.

* ㅋㅋ if i am Mr. g**k(match maker),i will call all the Japanese and
i'll let them check in the hotel for free,but i'm gonna leave a one single room
for Dong-chul and Hye-rin (that is really a good match maker):wub: :wub: :wub: *

Then,they met Kimura and talked about their business.

kumabda viikii.net

Nyar Nyar

To my dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 11th, '08, 03:10

kim_calvz wrote:hi everyone and especially to Nyar Nyar

EPISODE 31

Dong-chul and Hye-rin met in Mr. Chun's place.

HR: Lee Dong-chul
(Hye-rin smiled because of his reaction)
HR: Don't get nervous,i won't ask for an interview.
Mr. Min, Mr. g**k, Youn-ran,Hye-rin and Dongchul
talked about the business trip in Japan, they talked about cylinder press(not sure about this,its a printing machine)
Hanseh needs a financial support, Mr. g**k offered some help(Young-ran is now back in her attitute "a brat")

YR: Uncle,are you done with Han-Sung side?(Hye-rin broke up to Baek)
How long do we have to be a personal bank for you?
Mr g**k: Grace!!!(i was like "you should slap her for being impolite" :-) :-) :-) )
YR: Apa, you look like a silly match maker
(Young-ran is really mean,how could she say that in front of the elders,,,back then,she was really sweet to Hye-rin...i dunno what episode is that....,,,,they are like sisters...and knowing that her family is one of the closest friend of Hye-rin's family ...oh what a girl..)

:-) :-) :-)

YR: Are you going on a business trip with Hye-rin?
DC: Why?are you worry?
YR: Don't go, i don't want to.(is she jealous?)

in Japan....the japanese hotel receptionist mistakens Hhye-rin as Dong-chul's wife
DC: i'd like to check in, I'm Lee Dong-chul
Guy: I'm Sorry i cannot find your name. Maybe your wife is on
reservation list( :-) Mr. g**k planned that?) :-)
HR: i'm not his wife,but anyway,can you just check if the room
is resereved under my name. I'm Min Hye-rin.

* ㅋㅋ if i am Mr. g**k(match maker),i will call all the Japanese and
i'll let them check in the hotel for free,but i'm gonna leave a one single room
for Dong-chul and Hye-rin (that is really a good match maker):wub: :wub: :wub: *

Then,they met Kimura and talked about their business.

kumabda viikii.net
My dear Kim,

A very happy Good morning to me as I see your post upon opening my mail box.

I think(may be misunderstood) you will be v busy in coming days & will not post quite in a few weeks(That's why I'm sad).

But now it refreshs me(hee hee,expecially it amuse me when DC & HY check in the JPN Hotel). Oh, I cannot even make a laugh out. Ha ha ha....It is a very sweet moment(If I'm HY, I will be a little bit shy & pleased to hear what that Rep; said).

Don't worry about YR, cause you know in every K-drama, there's a villain who wants to separate lovers(here DC & HY). But the more they push them(DC & HY) away, anyhow
they(DC &HY) will become so close together & fall for each other(I do hope they will, hee hee).

Like Belleza said, it needs 3~ 4 ep; of DC & HY will become lover & their sweet scenes.
If I'm the director, I will take them to the Ice land(I love to play with the ice) like in Winter sonata & create sweet moments. Do you agree with me?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your lovely pix; of DC & HY. Wow, they looks good together(even my mon(she's not interested in movies,series) said they are a great couple.( I printed out some pix & showed her).

Warmest Rgs,
Nyarnyar

lavenderskye

Re: To my dear Kim

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 11th, '08, 08:02

Thanks Belleza for answering my question...I guess they do that more than I thought.

Thanks Kim for the update and drama gifs!
Like Belleza said, it needs 3~ 4 ep; of DC & HY will become lover & their sweet scenes. If I'm the director, I will take them to the Ice land(I love to play with the ice) like in Winter sonata & create sweet moments. Do you agree with me?
I agree Nyar Nyar...I hope they have some sweet and romantic moments together in Japan, although it might be too soon, since they're still not that "close"...and they're still awkward around each other, but I think their awkwardness is really cute! :D

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 11th, '08, 10:16

I agree Nyar Nyar...I hope they have some sweet and romantic moments together in Japan, although it might be too soon, since they're still not that "close"...and they're still awkward around each other, but I think their awkwardness is really cute! Big Smile
yeah!!!me too i'm hoping a sweet romance between them(DC and HR)....the writter really wants to play with us...i mean i can't give any sentiments for Dong-chul's feeling to Young-ran....because i dunno if he is still in love to Young-ran or not...i'm a bit confused...yeah!!!i'm with Beleza,,, it needs 3 more episodes for them(DC and HR) to fall in love....well i hope they wil(finger crossed)....
Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 12th, '08, 16:56

-----
Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 14th, '08, 15:58

Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

krnonthak0b

Post by krnonthak0b » Dec 16th, '08, 04:46

aww everyone seems to really be excited for DC and HR... i reallly really like the chemistry between DC and YR. even though i knew it wasnt gonna happen a lil part of me hoped and longed with all it had lol.

hye rin is cute with her demeanor with DC but.. is he ready to love again so soon?? i understand its been two years but i imean.. it definitely doesnt feel like its been long with YR still hanging around and all (i know she has a reason but still) YR still expects DC to love her and her only.. haha yay love triangles abound!!!

as for the birth thing with MH and DW.. MH's reaction is believable i wanna see what happens when DW finds out.. i mean is he just all of a sudden forgive the man who became his father.. and forget the years of hardships that man has caused?? i mean just because of blood he's gonna abandon the mother and brother that took care of and made him who he is??? its a lil hard to believe.. you can say he is angry and bitter over the fact that he had to live that life of hardship.. but why be bitter to the ppl who took care of you and raised you?? it's hard to see DW all of a sudden become enemies with DC even if HR is in between them... these koreans need to learn BROS BEFORE HOS lol jk but anyways i still think that the bond that binds the two brothers is really really strong.. they created each other.. theres no way blood and a girl can break it apart.. if we think realistically.. MAYBE if he really really loved HR but i mean he gave up on her years ago.. and got with her reluctantly.. ahhh there i go rambling well anyways thats my two cents haha hopefully DW and DC remain friends and still go after that bastard shin taehwan

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Dec 17th, '08, 17:06

since the beginning, i hope and my heart feels comfortably if Hye Rin loves Dong Chul, everytime when they meet, i see their eyes like someone feeling greatfull to each other.

Hye Rin....u are cuuuuuutttttteeeee

lee_kim

Post by lee_kim » Dec 18th, '08, 20:02

i'm disappointed because in Episode 29 and 30 there were no Dong-chul and Hye-rin moments like in Episode 28...well they went to Rebeca's party but it seems that they haven't seen and shared some thoughts before....they just nodded to each other.. Suprise Suprise Suprise
and Hye-rin went to Dong-chul...but dong-chul is kinda annoyed when he saw Hye-rin........(maybe because he thinks Hye-rin is like a stalker Laugh Laugh Laugh )

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Dec 21st, '08, 16:34

Hye rin doesn't know yet that Dong Chul is prosecutor Dong Wook's brother. if she knows, it would be nice agenda like triangle love............Is Hye rin like a stalker? i think not, maybe Dong Chul is not prepared yet to love again coz he always remembers his old love......

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 22nd, '08, 01:58

...Is Hye rin like a stalker?
She's worse than that. She's a journalist. ;)

I'm not sure if a triangle over Min Hye Rin will really develop between the Lee brothers. Lee Dong Wook is aware that she may be seeing somebody, and he seems to accept it. They seem almost like best friends now. Though I'm sure the Lee family will flip out when he tries to bring her home. :D

Also, whenever you see Ji Hyun and Dong Wook in a scene together, you can still feel the depth of feeling between them. Dong Wook fought to the bitter end to keep Ji Hyun; he just didn't feel the same way to do he same for Hye Rin, and she knew that too.
hye rin is cute with her demeanor with DC but.. is he ready to love again so soon??
I think both parties enjoy their time together, and both parties are friends with their exes. It's been maybe up to 5 years since Young Ran married.
YR still expects DC to love her and her only..
YR has some jealousy toward MHR, but she already acknowledged that LDC/MHR are being fixed together by her father, and that her familiy and the Min family would really like this partnership. In way, it's more similar to how Ji Hyun felt about Hye Rin when she saw them together.

There's a kind of rivalry between YR and LDC over President Guk's successorship. Even thoufh YR wants LDC free of her father for LDC's sake, she also truly believes it is she who should be the heir. After all, as President Guk pointed out, in this world the only person he trusts as a "true friend" is his daughter.

Nyar Nyar

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 23rd, '08, 03:11

kim_calvz wrote:i just want to share another MV of Lee Da hae and Song Seung heon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsx5NjpgK4k
My dear Kim,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'm just come back from Long vacations & feel v happy to see your posts(especially Song & DH's sweet momnets).

But as usual, cannot pop in your MV of them. Oh what a pity!

If it is possible with you, could you pls. kindly just catch the snap shot(stay photo like previous pix;) & post it on the page.Hm?

Now where is our EOE reach? Our two guys have the romantic chemistry?Aww.. are we expected too much?

Stay keep in touch!
Warmest Rgds,
Nyarnyar

p.s-How about you? Will you also go for the Xmas holidays?

Nyar Nyar

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 23rd, '08, 03:18

To Dear Belleza & Lavender,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! to you too!

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 23rd, '08, 03:46

okay!!! i will stop watching this show anymore why????!!!
because Lee Da hae decided to quit the show...some further reasons,,,like due to her health...she even mentioned that she didn't understand her character anymore.(if you are interested visit soompi for more info about this issue)...she is the main reason why i am watching this show....and now i can't see her anymore.....so after episode 40...i'm gonna leave this show..
Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:20, edited 3 times in total.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 23rd, '08, 03:51

hello Nyar-nyar i'm glad you are back

have you heard the news about Lee da hae......she decided to leave the show?

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 23rd, '08, 06:04

Yup, Lee Dae Hae has been confirmed about leaving the show after Episode 40. Note that the new writer starts Episode 35 or 36 (i.e. this week), and that may have had something to do with it.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/12/lee-d ... e-actress/

As you can tell from LDH's words, she may be exhausted, but she also doesn't mince words over her disappointment with the show.

My personal opinion is that this has been bubbling for awhile now, and that the writers had already started moving the story in a way where LDC/MHR wasn't going to carry the show. But, it also seems that the EofE will end after 50 episodes, now that they don't really need to develop LDC/MHR (and the triangle) that much further.

Nyar Nyar

It is really really................

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 23rd, '08, 08:33

kim_calvz wrote:hello Nyar-nyar i'm glad you are back

have you heard the news about Lee da hae......she decided to leave the show?
Kim,

Oh, is it real?
If it so, it is really really annoyed & borther our dreams(we expect too much for Song & DH since they never act together before & looks v match/good/cute togehter in this)

Why DH leave the show?????personal matter??

So, it is like Kim Ha Neul in "On Air", if the actress do not want to act in the story, she can leave the show.

We've never heard of this kind in other K dramas & do not agree DH to leave the show like this(almost half of the series), Oh pls. if there is anyone to hold her back?

Kim, pls. help & make me to believe that it is a truth one.

Warm Rgds,
Nyarnyar
p.s- All my happiness(got from my lovely vacations) now flies away.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 23rd, '08, 10:52

yes Nyar Nyar it is true...in fact i'm slowly accepting this now....but like what i said i do understand her decision... i am really speechless upto now!!!!...feels like i want to slap my self!!!!!...but we still have to wait for her remaining episodes!!!!..i feel so down right now....

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Dec 23rd, '08, 17:29

omo omo........hye rin will leave?

whee kedhee oppa?

Nyar Nyar

To my dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 24th, '08, 05:17

[quote="kim_calvz"]yes Nyar Nyar it is true...in fact i'm slowly accepting this now....but like what i said i do understand her decision...

Kim,

Me, too. It's all of a sudden & in shock.

I've read in soompi thread & some said Song tells the writers not to inlcude Love part for him & DH. Is that right?
If so, he is so hearthless& v good in acting(while he is with DH,like I said before, his eyes are so alive & in love, maybe I'm wrong in reading people's mind from apperance).

But I totally disappoint/disgree to reunite Song & YH(some reviews said they will be together at the end if DH leave the show).

Finally, we have to blame it on MBC that they do not allow DH to be the lead & show her character v well in this. Right?

Wamrest Rgds,
Nyarnyar
p.s. By the way, pls. don't forget & promise me even if you stop watching it (I think cause of DH's depart) just drop a mail (or) discuss abt other K drama, Okey?

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 24th, '08, 07:27

I've read in soompi thread & some said Song tells the writers not to inlcude Love part for him & DH. Is that right?
He wants to focus in one woman only....i dunno if that is true!!!..because we really don't know what is happening behind the scene...
but if that is true? i will erase Song Seung heon on my list now!!!!..but i conclude that along with her co stars...Song Seung heon is not close to her???.. :-( :-( :-( ...we all know Lee Da hae is friendly with her co stars...she is bubly...sweet and a loving person...

By the way, pls. don't forget & promise me even if you stop watching it (I think cause of DH's depart) just drop a mail (or) discuss abt other K drama, Okey?
surely!!! what about Boys Over Flowers???a korean version of hanayogi dango!!!!???...

if MBC could beg Lee Da hae to stay!!!!...but Lee Da hae is really upset because she even called her chatacter an" idiotic character"...because of the slow development of Hye-rin and the sudden change of the script!!!!?????

Merry Christmas to all
and especially to you Nyar- Nyar...!!!!
Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 24th, '08, 08:38

but if that is true? i will erase Song Seung heon on my list now!!!!..but i conclude that along with her co stars...Song Seung heon is not close to her???.. Sad Sad Sad ...we all know Lee Da hae is friendly with her co stars...she is bubly...sweet and a loving person...
Some LDH fans suspected SSH pushed the LDC-YR storyline because he himself had recommended Lee Yeon Hee (they did a previous long-form MV together) to the producers for the Young Ran part. He's also defended her when she got criticized for her acting.

It's a mostly unfounded rumour though. SSH has a good reputation as a team player, and the problems with the plotting weren't just fixed to Min Hye Rin. The writer was under so much stress that she left after episode 36. Note that she had been putting together this story for more than a year before they started shooting. When all of the main lead actors/actresses -- including Lee Dae Hae -- signed onto East of Eden, they were given a synopsis of their characters. Those storylines have changed since they've signed onto the show. It's affected everybody. Buzz is that the actor playing Lee Dong Wook isn't happy either with the direction his character is taking toward the end of the sho

LDH probably knows that this could seriously damage her career. MBC may blacklist her now, and KBS and SBS may be reluctant to cast her as a lead in a major project. For the record, Jo Min Ki (playing the lovely Shin Tae Hwan!) has come out in support of Lee Dae Hae. The press release depicts as this being a "sudden" decision, but it's been leaked out that she's been kinda fighting this for weeks.

Nyar Nyar

To My dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 24th, '08, 08:39

kim_calvz wrote:
He wants to focus in one woman only....i dunno if that is true!!!..because we really don't know what is happening behind the scene...
but if that is true? i will erase Song Seung heon on my list now!!!!..but i conclude that along with her co stars...Song Seung heon is not close to her???.. :-( :-( :-( ...we all know Lee Da hae is friendly with her co stars...she is bubly...sweet and a loving person...

for the sake of Lee Da hae i will try to post her remaining scenes (ah!!!to sad)...

By the way, pls. don't forget & promise me even if you stop watching it (I think cause of DH's depart) just drop a mail (or) discuss abt other K drama, Okey?
surely!!! what about Boys Over Flowers???a korean version of hanayogi dango!!!!???...

if MBC could beg Lee Da hae to stay!!!!...but Lee Da hae is really upset because she even called her chatacter an" idiotic character"...because of the slow development of Hye-rin and the sudden change of the script!!!!?????

Merry Christmas to all
and especially to you Nyar- Nyar...!!!!
My dear Kim,

Except to my sorrows(of our LDH depart, oh how sad! she is really thin & tired in her goodbye photos), how sweet of you to reponse my mail within day. Thank you!

It(BOF)'s an interesting one that I've seen three actors & one actress(she's so cute) in their poster. How about the plot/story? Is it the same like other dramas, love triangle??

Your's loving friend,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 24th, '08, 11:16

LDH probably knows that this could seriously damage her career. MBC may blacklist her now, and KBS and SBS may be reluctant to cast her as a lead in a major project.
yes!!!maybe the company will rethink to hire her...???..me as a fan of her...i didn't totally agree to her decision...(a part of my heart).this controversy can ruin her career.. but i do understand her!!!...health comes first..

It(BOF)'s an interesting one that I've seen three actors & one actress(she's so cute) in their poster. How about the plot/story? Is it the same like other dramas, love triangle??
actually i have no clue about the actors of Boys over flowers..i am familiar to Kim Byun(he is cute...i like his smile.)...about the love triangle they will base on the original manga serries!!!..

me too i can't believe i spent my time on the internet :O :O :O
Last edited by kim_calvz on Apr 27th, '09, 18:14, edited 6 times in total.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Dec 24th, '08, 11:46

Nyar Nyar & Kim,

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you too!

I'm so disappointed about Lee Da Hae leaving the show :( ...that was the main reason I watched the show. They'll probably also end up killing her off in the show...
I don't blame her for leaving though. Even though I haven't seen a lot of the show, I've read this thread and other forums that said her character wasn't fully developed and wasn't tied in to the main storyline. I wish her luck in her next role and hopefully it'll show her true potential.

Btw...I hope Dong-Chul doesn't end up with Young-Ran. I'd rather have him single...

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Dec 24th, '08, 15:43

lavenderskye wrote:Nyar Nyar & Kim,

Btw...I hope Dong-Chul doesn't end up with Young-Ran. I'd rather have him single...
me too, Grace looks childish and can't control her mouth, as if i'm dong chul i'm going to shut her up lol.....it's better to be single for dong chul and dong wook, No Woman No Cry :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 24th, '08, 15:49

For me its the best that could happen ...I stopped watching because I got lazy skipping all the LDH scenes but from ep40 I can watch with less skipping again :roll ...nothing against LDH, I like her but that character was the worst I have seen in a Kdrama in years. Her face was just saying "what the hell am I doing here besides stalking some guys and waiting to maybe pimp DC"

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 24th, '08, 18:01

.I hope Dong-Chul doesn't end up with Young-Ran. I'd rather have him single...
hahahaha!!!that is so mean!!!...but i like it!!!!...

:D :D :D

xpunkaholic

Post by xpunkaholic » Dec 24th, '08, 23:07

OMG i KNOW id rather have dong chul not be with GRACE!
i dont blame LEE da hae for leaving!
im actually supporting her! becus i think MBC used her..
they kept changing the scripts! and the main writer changed..
Omg and if you watched till episode 34..
lee da hae barely had any roles!
shes suppose to be the main lead!
and plus if u watched it u would be confuse at what she was suppose to be becus i know i would..
they practically made her nothing in the drama!
just used her. .
anyways aja aja fighting lee da hae! :)
be strong!
but i wish she can finish the story....
becus i really wanted her to be main lead... ^_^ its okay <3

Naila

Post by Naila » Dec 25th, '08, 17:57

If LDH leaves, I am going to stop watching this Drama, alot of people, me included, have been waiting for the (Love) scenes between LDC and MHR. From my Opinion, there characters belong together, Young Ran just gets on my nerves, the actress aswellas the character.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Dec 26th, '08, 10:27

Song Seung heon gave his side about the issue
here is the link http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/12/ ... -decision/

after reading his message...its still unclear for me...i still have many questions for him....like. can Song Seung heon manipulate the script?...so i smell somethig fishy with his statement "Frankly, I don’t think that the character, Lee Dong Chul is able to accept love from so many women. I feel that from the viewers perspective, it would be outright awkward for them to accept such a forced relationship (Dong Chul and Hye Rin) being acted out in front of them. As an actor, I also couldn’t quite accept this story development. But I might have created some misunderstanding after conveying my opinion to the director/screenwriter!."

so what was that?...
Force relationship?--- they promoted that there will be Dong-chul and Hye-rin loveline...and the love triagle between his character to Yeong jong hoon's character...i remember what the PD said that there is really something on their(Dong-chul and Hye-rin) first meeting"...so it means that its not force ralationship....its part of the story!

Nyar Nyar

To my Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Dec 30th, '08, 02:36

[quote="kim_calvz"]Song Seung heon gave his side about the issue
here is the link http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/12/ ... -decision/

Hello Kim,

Have read Song's message in Soompi & yeah me too, he shouldn't convey(to lessen the part of him & DH). I do not mean it's his fault but as a lady(like DH), it will be a shame(sorry! if I use the wrong word) if her costar does not want the(love) scenes with her.
As far as I see, the writer can(smmothly), not forced(said by Song) to create the lovely story btw them, like other K drama(sometimes they create unacceptable plots).
And it is really funny also to read his fans complaints to us(DH's fan), & it is not that we(biased) & too expected to see them together. ha ha... it is natural & common sense(feeling) to see our favs; together, Am I right?
But we didn't say anything bad abt Song(he's one of our fav; too).

Anyway, where is our DH's part(EOE) now? pls. update me even I'm too sad to accept & want to know what is happening.

Warmest Rgds,
Nyarnyar

episode

Post by episode » Dec 30th, '08, 20:03

...soo I am interested of this story also , ahd how this will end :)

edit
LDH huge fan also

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 2nd, '09, 03:44

hello Nyar Nyar!

have you seen the MBC awards night?
boy!MBC receives negative comments?...saying it is the worst ever MBC awards night.
here is the highlight

* Song Seung heon has been criticized , because he won the grand prize and tied up to KMM(i forgot the exact name)...its the first time to have a two winners in the grand prize(MBC is doing everything to re lighten up East of Eden).

i'm glad Park Hye-jin won best new actor. :roll :roll :roll

*MBC removed/ edited Lee Da hae on the poster of East of Eden during the ceremony(even if Lee Da hae wasn't there, how could they removed her, that is really so impolite and very childish)

* Lee Jun-ki spoke his mind,he is a hero to Lee Da hae, he is really the man!
i think he defended Lee Da hae that night?
Anyway, where is our DH's part(EOE) now? pls. update me even I'm too sad to accept & want to know what is happening.
Min Hye-rin finally knows Dong-chul and Dong-wook are siblings!
there were no East of Eden because of the Daesang awards.

nyar nyar i'm just crazy right now, so i came up to edit this picture.

ps. please don't repost this picture outside this thread :D
Last edited by kim_calvz on Jan 5th, '09, 02:30, edited 2 times in total.

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Jan 4th, '09, 12:03

Well Me too. I am sad that Lee Da Hee leaves EOE because I really wanted to see them together in a Love-Relationship but still I am sooo glade she leaves because Her cahracter reeeeeeeally sucks. I fully support her decision to leave but if she changes her mind then I will really hate her. After that treatment she received from MBC (and mabye SSH, i don't know if he really is the reason so I will keep silent to that) they don't deserve her. Better projects will come for her!! I am sure!! :)

Really I don't have anything against SSH. I always thought that he is a handsome guy but his acting ability is kind of hmmm bad. But since EOE I do think that he has improved a lot but ................ but........ What the hell "HE WON THE MBC GRANT AWARD AND SHARED IT WITH KMM (KMM is a lot of an better actor and really deserved it fair and to his merits?????" what the hell are they doing.... yes yes he has improved too, but still not that much... I mean even the newbie Park Hae Jin outshines him!!! I haven't seen Park Hae Jin in another drama but he really suprised mee... so let him share the grand price with KMM. MBC you really don't know what you doo!! ncncnc
If it really was that MBC had to winners for the GRand price fine but I think that JI Sung and KMM should have shared it together. I mean Ji Sung's performance at NEW HEART was faboulus and a lot better as SSH. wow ... what a shock and what a insult to KMM for sharing the price with SSH!! really

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 4th, '09, 15:09

i wonder if their rating is going to increase or decrease, their "most promising" MBC Drama East of Eden really disappointed some of their viewers.oh heck yeah i am biased. :D :D :D
Nyar-Nyar can you tell me where can i watch Heaven's Fate / King Flower Fairy with english sub? please! can you tell me where, i really wanted to see this drama! is it true
that Lee Da hae played the role of a shaman girl here?
Last edited by kim_calvz on Jan 5th, '09, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.

petite6stix

Post by petite6stix » Jan 4th, '09, 19:58

I really like Lee Dae Hae but I was watching a youtube video with the cast interviewing for a press junket and I thought that Lee Dae didn't look too happy. It also seemed like when Song Seung Hun and Lee Dae were next to each other there was no chemistry and his body language was not very inviting... in other words, .the energy between them seemed strained. It didn't look natural at all. I'm sure there were some conflicting personalities on set.

Oh and Belleza I love your writing style it's enjoyable reading your take on the drama...you make EOE more interesting.

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jan 6th, '09, 02:21

Having LDH stay on would be awkward cause she seems so pointless now, yet at the same time, completely rewriting her off would be more awkward cause I've already been watching this show with the assumption that she's one of the main character. I have been clinging to the hope that Hye Rin would make a revival by getting back together with Dong Wook especially cause I want him to stop this love/hate thing with Ji Hyun who has seriously gotten annoying and somewhat evil.

As for Hye Rin and Dong Chul as a couple: I'm sorry but that would be weird. I had assumed that they would have those "attentive" moments during the beginning, but every time they meet each other it's so... bland. Sine they didn't build a foundation for them to get together in the beginning, wanting them to get together later would be awfully hard (and possibly painful to watch). It would have probably came off as "You guys like each others?! I wasn't even under the impression that you were interested..."

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 6th, '09, 03:19

kim_calvz wrote:i wonder if their rating is going to increase or decrease, their "most promising" MBC Drama East of Eden really disappointed some of their viewers.oh heck yeah i am biased. :D :D :D
Nyar-Nyar can you tell me where can i watch Heaven's Fate / King Flower Fairy with english sub? please! can you tell me where, i really wanted to see this drama! is it true
that Lee Da hae played the role of a shaman girl here?
My Dearest Kim,

Sorry for the late response!

Oh! you are lucky to see the MBC's award night.

Yes, KMM is worth enough to receive the Grand award.(Have you seen White Tower, he's v good in there).

Rgds to Lotus flower fairy, pls. try in SPC Net. Maybe you can see the whole series there. Also it is an old one and I have watched it by DVD not from air.

Here attached some lovely scene of DH & KMS(the actor).

Warmest Rgds,
Nyarnyar
Attachments
1enter5778ya.jpg
1enter5778ya.jpg (78.84 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 9th, '09, 02:06

Hello..........

My Dear Kim,

How are you doing these days??? Busy????

I feel a little bit boring(& sad) as I cannot receive your post in a long days.

How's our DH's departure?? Reach to ep;40??

Pls. update me if you are available.

with Rememberance!
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 9th, '09, 14:01

hello Nyar Nyar!
how are you! i'm sorry for my very late response
and for our Lee da hae's departure! we still have last two episodes to find out what will they going to do to her character!
and Nyar Nyar have you seen Lovers?
the villain guy(i don't know his name) , he appears on East of Eden and he is the son of the president there! i think he will be another man for Hye-rin, he admires Hye-rin so much!
he even praised Hye-rin as a good journalist!

Nyar-Nyar where did you get the DVD of Heaven's fate? did you bought it or ordered it on-line?

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 12th, '09, 02:34

kim_calvz wrote:hello Nyar Nyar!
how are you! i'm sorry for my very late response
and for our Lee da hae's departure! we still have last two episodes to find out what will they going to do to her character!
and Nyar Nyar have you seen Lovers?
the villain guy(i don't know his name) , he appears on East of Eden and he is the son of the president there! i think he will be another man for Hye-rin, he admires Hye-rin so much!
he even praised Hye-rin as a good journalist!

Nyar-Nyar where did you get the DVD of Heaven's fate? did you bought it or ordered it on-line?
Dear Kim,

I'm v well, Thanks! But the weather is alittle bit cool here. How about you?
Aww.... I really want to see & glad to know there's a man who admires her.Is he PHJ(the one who got award)??

For the DVD of Heaven's fate, I borrowed it from one of my colleagues. I really want to buy & mail it to you but here(we need to apply licence for the tapes/CD etc. to the authorities, it is a little bit complicated here). Sorry!
Pls. try it in Yesasia & make order,Hm??
That's a really good recommended one & I strat to like DH from that series.

For the Lovers, Nope! I donot know abt it yet. Who are there?

Warmest,
Nyarnyar

nouriko

Post by nouriko » Jan 12th, '09, 03:16

LDH looks gorgeous in that weddin dress :-)
im a fan of her but tbh i dont like her character in EoE thats why ive stopped watching it alreadie. hope she'll get better project after leaving EoE.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 12th, '09, 09:35

Hello Nyar-Nyar,
its freaking cold here! i'm shivering :D :D :D
its not PHJ, :-)
he is from the drama Lovers, Jung Chan, hoping that Hye-rin will get some love from this guy, Hye-rin needs some love, with such a strong personality and beauty. Every man should turn their head back to her! :-) :-)

I really want to buy & mail it to you but here(we need to apply licence for the tapes/CD etc. to the authorities, it is a little bit complicated here). Sorry!
'bout heaven's fate drama, i'm trying my best as well as to save my money to avail this drama!
its okay Nyar-Nyar, you don't need to apologized its okay!
thank you!for your suggestions!
im a fan of her but tbh i dont like her character in EoE thats why ive stopped watching it alreadie. hope she'll get better project after leaving EoE.
yeah!we are all disappointed to her character here in East of Eden! actually i skipped some scenes, i will drop this show after episode 40! the last Episode of our Lee Da hae!

nouriko

Post by nouriko » Jan 12th, '09, 19:41

i know i feel bad for her too, wud be great if she was casted as Grace heheh
hope she'll get a better role with better plot.

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 15th, '09, 08:59

hello Nyar-Nyar,
EOE really sucks,i'm not contented they didn't even gave her a touching scene, like Lee Dong Wook will cry and then he will confess his feelings! :x :x :x

here is the link about her departure and her interview!
http://www.hanfever.com/2009/01/14/lee- ... t-of-eden/

Nyar Nyar

To my dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 16th, '09, 08:56

My dear Kim,

Can you get DH's "Lotus flower fairy"?
he is from the drama Lovers, Jung Chan
Abt JC, Oh! I remember him now, Yes though he is a villain in "Lovers", he is v good in that. The other one I like him is in ..??(Oops! forgot the series name, with Kim Ji Ho(From Glass Slippers) they both die at the end & they from the previous life. It is also really good & lovely story though a sad ending,
Yours loving friend,
Nyarnyar

Currently I'm watching "Yi San", hee hee I also like this actor"Lee So Jin"(especially his dimple) Man..he can really act. Have you also watch it?
Attachments
250px-YiSan-JeongJo.jpg
250px-YiSan-JeongJo.jpg (22.19 KiB) Viewed 3714 times

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 16th, '09, 13:15

hello Nyar Nyar
nope i haven't seen Yisan yet? how is it?

there is Lotus Flower Fairy but no English sub! its only available in Chinese sub! :-( :-( :-(
Nyar Nyar Lee Da hae won a Popular Award in Asia Model Festival, how is it! uh!
its nice to see a big smile on her face now!after her controversy
congratulations to her

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 19th, '09, 03:42

kim_calvz wrote:hello Nyar Nyar
nope i haven't seen Yisan yet? how is it?

there is Lotus Flower Fairy but no English sub! its only available in Chinese sub! :-( :-( :-(
Nyar Nyar Lee Da hae won a Popular Award in Asia Model Festival, how is it! uh!
its nice to see a big smile on her face now!after her controversy
congratulations to her
Dear Kim,

Wow! I'm really glad & appluase for our DH.(Cuhkaritha, Da Hae)
Abt Yi San
it's about a kindnest king to his people in Korea ancient history. I heard LSJ & HJM won the best couple for that. Also it is a long one(78 parts).
I've just started it & LSJ now a prince who tried his best to show his ability to his grandfa(the king) & there are alot of people who tried to assassinate him. It is really an interesting & exciting one i.e it makes us want to see what will happen next, next parts.
Yours,
Nyarnyar

[/spoiler]

freack

Post by freack » Jan 19th, '09, 15:15

hmm ı actually was thinking of watching EoE but after some comments about how it is so dissapointment , im not sure now.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 19th, '09, 23:57

hmm ı actually was thinking of watching EoE but after some comments about how it is so dissapointment , im not sure now.
The show really picks up after episode 28 (in fact, you could go through the first 10 episodes and just skip to episode 28 without missing all that much :D )
And, then, after Episode 35 -- when they've brought in the new writer (new PD too?) -- almost all the cheese and whine in East of Eden gets burned off. I mean, the quality of the show makes a rather huge jump. The dialogue is less stylized, instead of quasi-monologues which really only the veteran actors can take advantage of, the lines are more functional, minimal, and it enables actors more space to react off each other and feel each other out. The characterization has significantly improved; now they seem like people trying to survive in their current environment, rather than just accessories to the Lee Dong Chul-Shin Tae Hwan grudge match.

It's not just that the dialogue and characterization changes, the show is also shot differently. The frames are much tighter (probably to save up, but it increases the intimacy of the character), and the action sequences actually feel dangerous. The way rooms are shot is done more artfully and invasively, and you start to feel the living space of each person.

It suddenly becomes a very strong mafia drama, where the Mentor Character (President Guk) becomes an enigmatic source of fear, and where Lee Dong Chul seems to be genuinely walking the line between light and dark. It's a little too late now -- I just wish East of Eden would have always been this way.

The story becomes more interesting after the secret comes out. East of Eden's one story strength is that it's driven by two evil agendas that are at war with each other. The 2nd agenda -- Rebecca's secret -- only "wakes up" after Episode 32 and by Episode 35, it starts to create this corrosive effect all over the story. What was once a war between the Lee Brothers and Shin Tae Hwan turns into a series of private civil wars. Internal combusion within the Shin family. Dissent between the brothers. Evil fighting evil. Up to Episode 23, East of Eden mostly survived on a consistent diet of hatred and seether. After the secret comes out, the hatred collapses into a black despair. It's like a virus that infects everyone with a sense of defeat. Everyone. The "good guys." The "bad guys." And you start to realize that this is a bigger monster than Shin Tae Hwan himself.

Ji Hyun's character is a great example. After the secret, you presume that she's trying to protect her son's heirship to the company. But, she's also struggling to mantain her family unit and her bond with him as wife and partner, and she starts to see her husband in the image of the woman who rejected her. Lee Dong Chul can't help but see his life as a horrible waste (to give up his life to the son of his worst enemy), and yet his love for his false brother comes out so strongly, as he too is terrified that they have no true bond. The secret mutates into a cancer upon each family, far more frightening than the actual facts and far more insidious than Shin Tae Hwan's original sin.

Nyar Nyar

To belleza

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 20th, '09, 08:19

belleza wrote:
The show really picks up after episode 28 (in fact, you could go through the first 10 episodes and just skip to episode 28 without missing all that much :D )

I agree with Belleza for the good criticism & comments on the plot of this EOE. It's really drag the viewers in long way(gives us the expectations-means what will happen next btwn our favs; Am I right, my dear Kim??), Sorry if I use the wrong translation & now (I assume) they just cut it off like bad guys go & good guys win.

Anyway, we can just thank MBC for using our favs;(DH, SSH, DNO, YJH.... altogether in a series.

Warmest Rgds,
Nyarnyar
p.s- To my dear Kim,
how about DH to pair with Kan Ji hwan(Hong Gil Dong) (or) Song IL g**k(Jumong) in her next project, Oh, it will be so sweet & nice right?hee hee (it's just my wish)

Nyar Nyar

To My Dear Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 23rd, '09, 02:10

Hello,

Arnyiyasayo!

Have been quite today? Busy?

Pls. drop a mail abt epi;40 if it is okey with you.

With rememberance!
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 23rd, '09, 10:00

hello Nyar-Nray i PMed you about episode 40, i hope you got it!
yes i would like to see Lee Da hae to collaborate with these korean actors like! Jo in sung, Song Il g**k and Hyun Bin and heck i still want Song Seung heon and my all time favorite Lee Jun ki (i want a drama for these two lovely people and knowing that Lee Da hae is more comfortable to him :-) (cross fingers!)

waiting for her comeback
Last edited by kim_calvz on Feb 18th, '09, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Nyar Nyar

To My Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 26th, '09, 03:43

kim_calvz wrote:hello Nyar-Nray i PMed you about episode 40, i hope you got it!
yes i would like to see Lee Da hae to collaborate with these korean actors like! Jo in sung, Song Il g**k and Hyun Bin and heck i still want Song Seung heon and my all time favorite Lee Jun ki (i want a drama for these two lovely people and knowing that Lee Da hae is more comfortable to him :-) (cross fingers!)
waiting for her comeback
Hello Kim,

Happy to see your mail & hope some more.

Hey Kim , we are on the same boat(ha ha... I mean LJK is my most fav, too). So sad, he will not play in Iijimae-2.
Yes, I also want DH & SSH to be in next project again. Do you think will that be possible as these & those, will they be act again?By the way, I've read in some news that DH is in love with LJH(from Hello Miss) is that true?
Kumbanwa for your pic;

Yours,
Nyarnyar

Nyar Nyar

To My Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 27th, '09, 02:22

Kim,

Have tried to open your pic; but it's failed.

Maybe it is some connection at our end.

Request you to make one more try again, pls.(Just download the pic; of our DH, it's Okey)

Wamrest,
Nayrnyar

Nyar Nyar

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 27th, '09, 02:29

Hey Kim,

By the way, have you already watched " Capital Scandal" by Kang Ju Hwan(hee hee, he's also looks good & can act a lot) & Han Ji Min(from Yi San, Resurrection).

That's also a pretty one when Japnese time in Korea.

Yorus,
Nyarnyar

kim_calvz

Post by kim_calvz » Jan 27th, '09, 07:56

Nyar-Nyar did you received my PM to you?
okay i will try to download more pictures of our Lee Da hae!

Capital Scandal nope! its way back in 2007 right? i remember when it was aired in KBS world the title is Pyonsang Scandal?
PS Nyar-Nyar please just send me a Personal message because this is kinda off topic! :-), and i would like to discuss more Korean dramas/about Lee Da hae and Lee Jun ki with you in private!!since Lee Da hae is no longer in East of Eden anymore
your loving buddy,
kim_calvz

Nyar Nyar

To Kim

Post by Nyar Nyar » Jan 27th, '09, 09:12

[quote="kim_calvz"]Nyar-Nyar did you received my PM to you?
okay i will try to download more pictures of our Lee Da hae!

Dear Kim,

Nope, I haven't receive it yet. Pls. resend it again.
Pls. lean me a way to send a private message, how to? what's your address??
Me too, am love to discuss abt other K sereis with you. Thank you for your continuous mails although we both donot want to apply EOE anymore.
Warmest,
Nyarnyar

player51

Post by player51 » Feb 4th, '09, 09:39

Thx A lot