Fight (TVN) (MMA Kdrama)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
pubble

Fight (TVN) (MMA Kdrama)

Post by pubble » Dec 3rd, '08, 16:03

Fight is a mans kdrama. Some seriously good MMA action, (a little bit over the top, but just enough to make it mainstream). All guys should watch this as a counter to all that melodrama/romance crap, though the show does have a little bit of romance too.
Its obviously by men for men, I doubt most chicks will get it. :)

The synopsis isnt very good:
"The drama about men who engage in fights and the deep bond that develops between them."

It is set around a fight club which the stuttering (and bullied) office worker engages in and how he grows to become a strong man, like his father and brother.

Does anyone know of any drama like this one?

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Dec 4th, '08, 05:49

We have a chauvinist here. I am female and downloading the series to watch though I have not started yet. If for any reason I do not like the show it has nothing to do with the fact that I have the XX chromosomes. It will be because the show is just not my cup of tea.

thundie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Fight (TVN) (MMA Kdrama)

Post by thundie » Dec 4th, '08, 09:16

pubble wrote:Fight is a mans kdrama. Some seriously good MMA action, (a little bit over the top, but just enough to make it mainstream). All guys should watch this as a counter to all that melodrama/romance crap, though the show does have a little bit of romance too.
Its obviously by men for men, I doubt most chicks will get it. :)
I'm female and I absolutely adore this drama. Great stuff.

pubble wrote: The synopsis isnt very good:
"The drama about men who engage in fights and the deep bond that develops between them."
Hmm, but that's exactly what the drama is about.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 6th, '08, 10:58

It's rather hard to find K-dramas targeted at the male audience so I will definitely be watching this one. Hyena was another one that's for men which was also from TVN.

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Dec 16th, '08, 05:43

This is a great drama! If you're hesitating like I was, watch the special first. It really warms you up to the characters and shows how they went about training for the show. I didn't mind watching the bad guys get the crap beat out of them, but I did have to ff just a few times when the good guys were getting beat up. If you're tired of all those girly men, this show is a breath of fresh air and it has a great ending!