Shining Inheritance (SBS, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
xk

Shining Inheritance (SBS, 2009)

Post by xk » Apr 26th, '09, 21:23

I just started watching the drama "Shining Inheritance" and wow that girl in the drama is awfully cute, the girl on the right in the pic below.

I believe the other girl in the left was from the drama "The Painter of the Wind". She is cute too. Is choding seed farm going to seed this drama "Shining Inheritance"? I would like to watch it in high def, 2.25GB version. choding has some OUTSTANDING picture quality dramas....

Could someone go tell the guys at choding farm and ask them to seed this drama please?

:mrgreen:
Last edited by xk on Jul 6th, '09, 17:11, edited 2 times in total.

xk

Post by xk » Apr 27th, '09, 17:17

I just watched first two episodes and wow... this is pretty good.... Found her name, Han Hyo Joo. She is pretty as hell. She's got great legs too lol.

Gotta watch this in HD.... cum on.... gimme HD!

:cheers:

penguin13

Post by penguin13 » Apr 28th, '09, 13:08

Where did you watch this drama? Will anyone upload it to d-addicts?
I would like to watch it! Please help!

xk

Post by xk » Apr 28th, '09, 16:08

penguin13 wrote:Where did you watch this drama? Will anyone upload it to d-addicts?
I would like to watch it! Please help!
I downloaded them from aja-aja.com. Go to "currently airing" section and scroll down.. and you'll see Shining Inheritance under Sat/Sun shows.
hehe..

I think clubbox has this also.. i didn't check.

The story is pretty interesting too.

mjf

Post by mjf » Apr 28th, '09, 16:34

I didn't find her cute, may be because she was always acting as a more mature character in the other dramas but I really like her and I think she's pretty and she's very gentle like, she was good in "Spring Waltz" and "High as the Sky, Wide as the Earth."

xk

Post by xk » Apr 28th, '09, 16:53

mjf wrote:I didn't find her cute, may be because she was always acting as a more mature character in the other dramas but I really like her and I think she's pretty and she's very gentle like, she was good in "Spring Waltz" and "High as the Sky, Wide as the Earth."
Probably coz of the cosmetics or hair styles... from other dramas.. I didn't know she was from Spring Waltz as I haven't seen that one.

I don't know for women but for us guys we find this girl very cute. She got me attracted lol..

:alcoholic:

shinorei

Post by shinorei » Jun 10th, '09, 14:09

yes, she's also the lead actress to the telecinema "Heaven's Postman" where DBSK's Kim Jae Joong is gonna be the lead actor. She's very cute! I notice her existence since "spring waltz", which i watched and enjoyed. ^^

lemniscate

Post by lemniscate » Jun 11th, '09, 13:01

yeah , HAN HYO JOO is really a good actress...at a very young age she made it to be like a pro in acting...she was born 1987 and only 22..her past dramas are SPRING WALTZ and ILJIMAE...

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jun 11th, '09, 14:17

^ oh she's in Iljimae. Ahhh that's why she looks so familiar.
Her role in here was a lot bigger.

lol I saw the title of this thread and thought you were complaining about here. haha and here I was going to defend her.

She has a nice smile

xk

Post by xk » Jun 11th, '09, 22:17

lemniscate wrote:yeah , HAN HYO JOO is really a good actress...at a very young age she made it to be like a pro in acting...she was born 1987 and only 22..her past dramas are SPRING WALTZ and ILJIMAE...
Wow, I didn't know she played in the drama Iljimae. Oh now I start to remember who that was lol.... Thanks for the info.

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Jun 16th, '09, 23:49

You guys can catch more of her in my recap of Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance episode 16: http://dramaprince.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... heart-out/

xk

Post by xk » Jun 17th, '09, 13:00

riceavocado wrote:You guys can catch more of her in my recap of Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance episode 16: http://dramaprince.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... heart-out/
lol nice pics. Thanks! :D

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Jun 19th, '09, 13:47

Is there an official Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy thread?

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Jun 19th, '09, 14:47

riceavocado wrote:Is there an official Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy thread?
check soompi

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Jun 19th, '09, 17:07

lucky_kiss wrote:
riceavocado wrote:Is there an official Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy thread?
check soompi
Sorry I meant on here, I've been following the thread on soompi for some time already.

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Jun 23rd, '09, 01:27

My Episode 17 Recap is complete. It took some hard work, so I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Read it here: http://dramaprince.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... -on-tight/

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Jun 23rd, '09, 02:18

riceavocado wrote:My Episode 17 Recap is complete. It took some hard work, so I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Read it here: http://dramaprince.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... -on-tight/
You're spoiling it for me, I cant resist to see the caps :P :P :P

Sukideo

Post by Sukideo » Jun 24th, '09, 04:11

I'm currently in love with Shining Inheritance! I get so excited when the weekend comes around because thats when I know it will be up on the internet :DD

kobi

Post by kobi » Jul 6th, '09, 12:11

This series is so good

And very popular on mysoju.com

I think this series is too new and no one knows about it?

There's only italian subs out for download :(

One of the best kdramas I've seen in a long time.

Everyone just keeps posting classic kdramas everyones heard of. At least this one is new and a great watch

xk

Post by xk » Jul 6th, '09, 16:43

kobi wrote:This series is so good

And very popular on mysoju.com

I think this series is too new and no one knows about it?

There's only italian subs out for download :(

One of the best kdramas I've seen in a long time.

Everyone just keeps posting classic kdramas everyones heard of. At least this one is new and a great watch
yea it's new and still on air..

aja-aja.com has english sub for this drama. Simply go to their site and download the dramas and the sub. :alcoholic:

yea i too don't like the fact that many people here tend to bring up/ discuss old k-dramas... let's talk about some new ones. there are a lot of it.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 6th, '09, 16:53

Now now folks, the fact that many people like to talk about older dramas should tell you that a lot of people LIKE to talk about them. That in no way prevents anyone from talking about the new ones, so if you want to talk about them, simply do so and don't read the threads about the older ones. Easy, eh?

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Jul 14th, '09, 02:38

i've only seen 6 episodes so far however i love this series. i just saw the tv ratings for this drama and it's astonishing.

J-Pooh

Post by J-Pooh » Jul 18th, '09, 11:12

I've got another suggestion to DDL eps for this drama, at a Livejournal site, but it's under the alternative title: Brilliant Legacy. http://community.livejournal.com/jdrama ... ant+legacy (I'm pretty much a newbie in posting here so let me know if noting the link is inappropriate.)

Anyhoo, I can't believe that I'm really anticipating the next eps to upload (I actually get it from the aja site b/c they have better quality ones). It got to the point that I'm watching it raw and probably understanding about half of it. Unfortunately, there seemed to be some juicy stuff happening from eps 22- 24 but I didn't get all of it. =(

I started watching it b/c the ratings beat out BOF, plus it steadily grew from that to! Had to see what all the fuss was about, after the 4th ep I just lost track of time and watched all the eps that have been uploaded thus far in one sitting and left wanting more!

This drama, although not cutting edge plot-wise and use a lot of the typical Kdrama devices, is really endearing. I find myself cheering for Eun Sung (Han Hyo Joo). All the characters did not gel with me at first, but I don't know if it's because the director planned it that way or if it's because the actors themselves got better but they seem to blossom as the story continues. I think one thing I like about this drama is that it hasn't frustrated me, I mean it got close when there were times Eun Sung didn't speak upp for herself (would like to say specifically but don't want to give away spoilers) - but then comes another scene where you can understand why she was the way she was (plus it gets voiced by the other characters to drive the point).

It's funny, as look over my post, nothing in it really seem to stand out why I'm liking it so much, but I very much do. Sorry to be so lame about it, I'm just spazzing out waiting for another ep.

untypikal

Post by untypikal » Jul 31st, '09, 21:20

Does anyone know the name of the song that Hwan sings at karaoke in episode 7?
Your help would be much appreciated. :lol

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Aug 1st, '09, 04:35

now i am watching episode 14...
so far not bad...
through there of cos have some ridiculious part where normal kdramas have. :lol
excited about Woo Hwan and Eun Sung love story. :wub:

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Aug 19th, '09, 13:09

hello
is there anyone know where i can find torrent or file for this series OST?
i really love the song in this series...
please, can anyone help?

thank you in advance.. :D

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 29th, '09, 15:56

I'm currently watching this drama so far I am enjoying it.

I was MIA for a long time from Korean drama, got bored watching them because most of the scenes are repeating from one drama to another. Although there are scenes in this drama that I have seen in others I'm still looking forward each episode because the story is interesting.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Sep 2nd, '09, 07:37

now i am stuck at episode 26 part 2..
for around 1-2 weeks already..
everytime will open the tab but just failed to watch..weird....
not because the video have loading problem......... :unsure:

think later i should off to continue watching it.....
but i quite like the drama until episode 26..
at first i think they should not extend...
But as expected there are really a lot boring parts in the extension..
but to my surprise..there are some really great parts that if they didn't extend..won't have such wonderful part.s...

Detonator Orgun

Post by Detonator Orgun » Sep 18th, '09, 04:48

Ah, I loved Brilliant Legacy! All the characters were awesome, especially Jun Se. And Eun Sung is :3

Are there any dramas that are similar to this or just as good?

epixeltwin

Post by epixeltwin » Sep 22nd, '09, 19:39

amtsky you would miss so much by not finishing this drama

My #1 drama ever, all genres and nationalities put together be it Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, comedy, romance, sports, whatever.

I WISH I could find something as good now. Really, I've been feeling down since it ended becaue it was so good. Go Eun Sung played by Han Hyo Joo is like a fireplace in the middle of a cold winter living room, she's awesome and warm and cheerful.

don't miss it...

anyone know anything as good? it had a few of the usual clichés but never have I seen a show like that where you get so attached to the characters, the only other one that I'd put on the same level would be Coffee Prince.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Oct 19th, '09, 06:15

epixeltwin wrote:amtsky you would miss so much by not finishing this drama

My #1 drama ever, all genres and nationalities put together be it Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, comedy, romance, sports, whatever.

I WISH I could find something as good now. Really, I've been feeling down since it ended becaue it was so good. Go Eun Sung played by Han Hyo Joo is like a fireplace in the middle of a cold winter living room, she's awesome and warm and cheerful.

don't miss it...

anyone know anything as good? it had a few of the usual clichés but never have I seen a show like that where you get so attached to the characters, the only other one that I'd put on the same level would be Coffee Prince.
Yea.i have finish this drama. :lol
Nice drama. Love it.
1 of the Top kdrama of 2009.
But i find the last episode some parts a bit confusing...
My top 3 kdrama of 2009. :lol

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Oct 21st, '09, 20:34

I am still at episdoe 18. I don't want to go any further, because I am afraid she will wind up with the looser, Hwan. She has the other guy who is so much better. I can't stand the tendency of women in Kdramas to choose the lemon over the peach

toenail

Post by toenail » Dec 27th, '09, 14:56

I hope Baruch finally changed his/her mind and finished the drama.

At first I hate Hwan the loser too, a lot! But then he changed to be a very understanding, wise, and strong man. Very endearing. He doesn't end up financially rich, none of them do, but he's mentally rich and worthy for her.
Please continue, this is one excellent drama.

However, almost all main characters are good, strange but I feel the main girl's character is less 3D compared to the others. She's a goody two shoes sweet girl.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Apr 7th, '10, 12:45

I love this show especially watching the transformation of Hwan to a "feeling" guy....This show i guess is really about guarding grandma's legacy and the inheritance and not so much on the romance. Enjoyed the good acting of the evil stepmother. Kinda sad about JunSe, such a wonderful, handsome and kind guy but didn't manage to get the gal he wants ...sigh....

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » May 17th, '11, 21:20

currently on episode 6.. and reading past posts that you guys started rooting for HWAN?!?
really I DISLIKE that guy right now.. so freakin spoiled, there has to be a BIG turn around coming :) I'm already all in on Eun Sung and Jun Se damn it. But I know they can't be.. hope he doesn't turn into a bad guy.

so far.. it's not a special drama.. seems like a typical korean melodrama to me, but it is done right and I haven't been too bored, so far so good.

thotts

Post by thotts » May 26th, '11, 18:44

Baruch Menachem wrote:I am still at episdoe 18. I don't want to go any further, because I am afraid she will wind up with the looser, Hwan. She has the other guy who is so much better. I can't stand the tendency of women in Kdramas to choose the lemon over the peach
I'm the same! I'm on episode 20 and I hate that she seems like she's going to Hwan. Just stupid. :thumbdown:

I'm not going to finished it either, so I can pretend that maybe she didn't. Even though, I've watched enough k-drama's to know this one will end predictably.

:D

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 7th, '11, 06:13

I'm on episode 9 and I have a question do Hwan and his mother and sister ever grow up and become actual people or do they remain moronic useless wastes of flesh and oxygen for the whole show, if so how much longer till they change?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 7th, '11, 08:07

Sajen16 wrote:I'm on episode 9 and I have a question do Hwan and his mother and sister ever grow up and become actual people or do they remain moronic useless wastes of flesh and oxygen for the whole show, if so how much longer till they change?
The mother and sister will mature, but just a little (from a 6 yo child to a 12 yo child).
Hwan will mature. Like all kdrama-jerks is he an angel at the end. He changes gradualy through the entire drama, so to a "real adult" he matures after the episodes ~17-23
@ people, who have watched the whole drama. I have a question:
What are the motives of the stepsister to deny her relationship with the father and her sister? Yes at the end of the drama she says, that he was affectionate towards her and was a real good father, but he and his biological daughter had a special bond, even though they were equaly handled. And thats the reason....So what? I don't get it. He was a good father and thats the motive? Its like the biodaughter received 1000$ and the stepdaughter just 999,99 $, so the father and his whole family deserve to die. This is just as stupid.
The villains in Hongsisters-dramas have always such lame motives. Which are: 1. The maincharacter and his family were all the years very good to the villain and thats humiliating, So they deserve to die. 2nd and best motive: just because.