rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

City Hall (SBS, 2009)

Post by rambutan » Apr 28th, '09, 15:47

Episodes: 20
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis:
City Hall depicts the lives of civil servants in a romantic comedy setting. It is about Shin Mi-Rae (Kim Sun Ah), a naive and warm-hearted civil servant who unwittingly becomes the Mayor of Inju City. She is thrust into the spotlight by Jo Guk (Cha Seung Won), a young and brilliant civil servant/politician, who is using her for his own presidential ambitions. Their personalities and beliefs can't be more different. Mi-Rae believes in giving service as a politician, while Jo Guk believes in stepping on others and back-stabbing, if needed, to get ahead. With such contrasting personalities, can the two fall in love? Can opposites really attract?

Director: Shin Woo Chul 신우철 (Lovers in Paris, Lovers in Prague, Lovers, On Air)
Scriptwriter: Kim Eun Sook 김은숙 (Lovers in Paris, Lovers in Prague, Lovers, On Air)
Producer: Lee Hyun Jik 이현직 (Working Mom; My Sweet Seoul)
Main Cast:
Cha Seung Won 차승원 (Bodyguard)
Kim Sun Ah 김선아 (My Name Is Kim Sam Soon)
Lee Hyung Chul 이형철 (On Air)
Chu Sang Mi 추상미 (My Lady)
Extended Cast:
Jung Soo Young 정수영 (Money's Warfare)
Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 (Star's Lover)
Yoon Se Ah 윤세아 (Lovers In Prague)

Broadcast Period: April 29, 2009 - July 2, 2009
Days Aired: Wednesday & Thursday (9:55 pm Seoul)
Broadcast Station: SBS
Official Website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/cityhall/
Ratings: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/City_Hall/Episode_Ratings
Subtitles: B.O.N FunSubs will be providing soft subs for ep. 1 & 2 only, and hard subs for all episodes. Hardsubs can be obtained at D-Addicts and, for direct downloads via MU, at http://bonchu.net46.net/. Check subbing status at http://fansub.d-addicts.com/B.O.N_FunSubs .

Last edited by rambutan on Apr 9th, '11, 10:10, edited 15 times in total.

xk

Post by xk » Apr 28th, '09, 21:05

I like the fact that Kim Sun Ah is keep losing weight. She's getting prettier and prettier......

lol...

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Apr 29th, '09, 02:20

Yeah, looking forward to the tango in episode 4. Hot!
Last edited by rambutan on May 20th, '09, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Apr 29th, '09, 02:26

I wonder if any subbing group is picking this up..

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Apr 29th, '09, 02:33

B.O.N FunSubs is subbing this series.

hobbes

Post by hobbes » Apr 29th, '09, 16:26

Great to know that this will be subbed :) It's one of the few dramas I'm looking forward to this year, hope it doesn't disappoint like Kim Sun Ah's last drama When Night Comes.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » May 6th, '09, 06:29

Announcement: B.O.N FunSubs will be releasing soft subs for ep. 1 & 2 only, and hardsubs for all episodes.

The decision to provide only hard subs came after much deliberation and discussion among members of B.O.N FunSubs. Soft subs will be made available for the first two episodes in consideration of those who had downloaded the raws expecting the soft subs.

I will continue to upload The City Hall raw, but please bear in mind that soft subs will not be available from ep. 3. If you need English subs, please wait for the hardsubbed copy.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » May 10th, '09, 14:08

I've watched ep. 2 and the story is surely building up. I’m impressed by the way Mi-Rae “organized” (manipulated?) everyone including friends, Jo Guk and her colleagues, to help her get into the Herring talent/beauty contest. I’m looking at politicking at its best. This lady may seem simple, kind hearted, naïve and even silly. But the way she got into the contest even though she clearly couldn’t qualify, shows one brilliant strategist. She is also one sinister Lady Machiavelli, if she’s not nice (thank goodness she is)! I LOVE how they are developing her character. She’s going to be one heck of a politician and a Mayor! Look at the way she snapped at Councillor Min. She is one Iron Lady beneath the soft and docile exterior. BOY, am I all excited about the coming episodes!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » May 17th, '09, 06:47

This must be one of the best romantic comedy series I've watched this year, or for a long time. From the first two episodes, I wasn't so sure whether I liked Kim Sun Ah's character here. I'm more used to her rough, loud and straight-talking character from My Name is Kim Sam Soon and She is On Duty. But by the end of episode 3 of The City Hall, I am utterly convinced of not only her, but the whole series! The humour starting from ep. 3 is beyond description! Priceless! Perfect timing! And the sarcasm is first rate. By the end of episode 3, I was laughing so hard, and so long, and so loud, my tears and my neighbours came out.

om369

Post by om369 » May 19th, '09, 10:48

Where can I download soft subs for 1 & 2???

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » May 20th, '09, 01:49

They can be found at Soompi's and at BON's site which is http://bonchu.net46.net/city-hall/....

BTW, soft subs are available only for the first two episodes. The remainder of the series will be hardsubbed only.

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » May 25th, '09, 10:51

i am loving this drama, kim sun ah is wonderful in it and Cha Seung Won is my new favorite actor.
anyone knows where i can get the ending song?

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » May 25th, '09, 11:42

Masumi-chan wrote:i am loving this drama, kim sun ah is wonderful in it and Cha Seung Won is my new favorite actor.
anyone knows where i can get the ending song?
CSW is a great actor, I loved him since Bodyguard :-)
But it's really amazing that he has a 20 years old son, what a handsome daddy :mrgreen:

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » May 27th, '09, 14:35

But it's really amazing that he has a 20 years old son, what a handsome daddy
:O WHAT he's 39 years old now dose that mean he had him when he was 19.

umi1978

Post by umi1978 » May 30th, '09, 13:03

Indeed, he is a handsome daddy!
I love watching him and Kim Sun Ah in the drama especially when they start to express their feelings toward each other in ep.8 (where the drama hits a new rating records - compare to 'Cinderella Man' and 'That Fool')

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » May 31st, '09, 23:02

Masumi-chan wrote:
But it's really amazing that he has a 20 years old son, what a handsome daddy
:O WHAT he's 39 years old now dose that mean he had him when he was 19.
Here is his son picture (born 1989):

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » Jun 11th, '09, 08:53

I agree with Rambutan, this is clearly one of the funniest dramas and at the same time satirical, it cant get better!

But, I am a bit unclear about what is going on in ep6 between Dep.Mayor and Big (the old guy). What does he meen, "its ok if it is betrayal, but it is jelousy" ??

Who is jelous of who?

I totally did not get it :blink

Looking forward to what is going to happen next - Thank you BON!!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 11th, '09, 09:58

Bibliofil wrote:I agree with Rambutan, this is clearly one of the funniest dramas and at the same time satirical, it cant get better!

But, I am a bit unclear about what is going on in ep6 between Dep.Mayor and Big (the old guy). What does he meen, "its ok if it is betrayal, but it is jelousy" ??

Who is jelous of who?

I totally did not get it :blink

Looking forward to what is going to happen next - Thank you BON!!
Jo Guk is jealous of his assistant. His assistant's betrayal is nothing compared to the hurt that BB, his father, dealt him. BB had used Jo Guk's assistant to spy on Jo Guk.That meant the father trusted the assistant more. During the tea ceremony, the assistant was serving tea, showing he was closer to BB than Jo Guk! (This begs the question: Is the assistant on the same level as Jo Guk, or even higher, because he is closer to BB?). Jo Guk had trusted his father absolutely, but BB had sent someone to spy on him, and seems to be closer to the other guy.

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » Jun 11th, '09, 13:42

rambutan wrote:
Jo Guk is jealous of his assistant. His assistant's betrayal is nothing compared to the hurt that BB, his father, dealt him. BB had used Jo Guk's assistant to spy on Jo Guk.That meant the father trusted the assistant more. During the tea ceremony, the assistant was serving tea, showing he was closer to BB than Jo Guk! (This begs the question: Is the assistant on the same level as Jo Guk, or even higher, because he is closer to BB?). Jo Guk had trusted his father absolutely, but BB had sent someone to spy on him, and seems to be closer to the other guy.

ahh!

I get it Thank you Rambutan!

I am getting even more curious about what will happen next. I actually like the assistant quite a lot so it would be a shame if he will be cast as a villian...I am less fond of B, he has not aknowleged JoGuk but strings him around. I wonder if this is B's (somewhat harsh) grooming school? Let's see what the assistant will have to say for himself. Maybe another illegitimit son....?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 11th, '09, 16:04

Bibliofil wrote:
rambutan wrote:
....I am less fond of B, he has not aknowleged JoGuk but strings him around. I wonder if this is B's (somewhat harsh) grooming school?
I think BB doesn't know that Jo Guk is his son. BB left Jo Guk's mother when Jo Guk was only a child. In an early episode, Jo Guk saw his father's face through the car window. So Jo Guk knows/suspects who his father is. But the father doesn't recognise his grown-up son.

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » Jun 11th, '09, 19:33

rambutan wrote:
I think BB doesn't know that Jo Guk is his son. BB left Jo Guk's mother when Jo Guk was only a child. In an early episode, Jo Guk saw his father's face through the car window. So Jo Guk knows/suspects who his father is. But the father doesn't recognise his grown-up son.
Hmm, good thinking...but, how can a politically so driven man as MrB not keep track of his love child? And, who paid for JGs studies? Does hi have an additional sponsor somewhere? Questions,questions questions....

I am REALLY looking forward to what is going to happen!

B.O.N. :wub:

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 12th, '09, 01:17

Bibliofil wrote:
rambutan wrote:
Hmm, good thinking...but, how can a politically so driven man as MrB not keep track of his love child? And, who paid for JGs studies? Does hi have an additional sponsor somewhere?

Very good point. If so, the issue now is BB doesn't want to recognise his son. It'd probably be political suicide for him if the world knew he had a love child then. This drama mentions that Koreans are more forgiving of corruption involving money than "corruption" involving women!
Last edited by rambutan on Jun 12th, '09, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jun 12th, '09, 07:19

This drama is brill. I keep coming back hoping for new episodes that have been released. Even thro I understand the work that has to be done.

Again I cannot say a bigger thank you to the guys who take the trouble to sub these series for us the great unwashed. :thumleft: :thumleft: Many Many Thanks. :thumright: :thumright:

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » Jun 12th, '09, 19:55

rambutan wrote:
Very good point. If so, the issue now is BB doesn't want to recognise his son. It'd probably be political suicide for him if the world knew he had a love child then. This drama mentions that Koreans are more forgiving of corruption involving money than "corruption" involving women!
It is funny how differently these things are viewed, where I come from, it would be frowned upon to become/ make someone pregnant and not take responsibility for the child. Political suicide due to a love affair is unheard of. Political suicide due to embezzeling public funds is on the other hand a given!

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jun 13th, '09, 12:00

Plot hole: Mi-rae told everyone that she was involved in the planning of the contest. This would easily disqualify her, yet nobody said a word. I also don't think that she gets to remain the winner just because she left the building with the crown.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 14th, '09, 04:15

lollercopter wrote:Plot hole: Mi-rae told everyone that she was involved in the planning of the contest. This would easily disqualify her, yet nobody said a word. I also don't think that she gets to remain the winner just because she left the building with the crown.
Very good point, lollercopter! The "Guess Where the Fish Came From" contest which carried very high points in the pageant was specially tailored in her favour while flooring the other contestants! Perhaps the Korean way of doing things is different. She did remain as the winner.

umi1978

Post by umi1978 » Jun 17th, '09, 06:51

I'm really thrilled when JG and MR kissed! I would be catching ep 15 today! :lol

sistergirl

Re: City Hall (SBS, 2009)

Post by sistergirl » Jun 17th, '09, 07:00

i think the director pick the right actors. kim sun ah and Cha Seung Won. :thumleft: :thumright: good job .
Last edited by sistergirl on Jun 26th, '09, 01:30, edited 4 times in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 18th, '09, 01:36

Aish! I wish the "candle" scene was hotter in ep. 15.

Nevertheless, still thrilled and had goosebumps, hot flush (not the menopausal type)!

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jun 22nd, '09, 07:10

i hope it's happy ending .i feel sorry for jo-gyuk giving up his love and mi-rae thinking she's being betrayed by jo-gyuk.
Last edited by sistergirl on Jun 28th, '09, 04:54, edited 4 times in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 22nd, '09, 08:13

Yeah, this is one of the best dramas I've watched in a long time. Hard to beat. Everything about this drama is awesome, from acting (everyone, leading as well as supporting cast) to the humour, satire, romance, story (no cliches here, none!), pace, cinematography (Winter Sonata, Damo, Star's Lover, anyone?) and OST. Not a boring episode to be found!!

love_rui

Post by love_rui » Jun 24th, '09, 09:56

Yeah I became addict to this drama since the first ep, not so common!!
I love everything about it : funny, no cliche, original story (above all in korean dramas...even if it's my favorite one) even the couple is out of common!

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jun 29th, '09, 05:16

i wonder how it's going to end. :-)
Last edited by sistergirl on Jun 30th, '09, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 29th, '09, 07:23

rambutan wrote:Yeah, this is one of the best dramas I've watched in a long time. Hard to beat. Everything about this drama is awesome, from acting (everyone, leading as well as supporting cast) to the humour, satire, romance, story (no cliches here, none!), pace, cinematography (Winter Sonata, Damo, Star's Lover, anyone?) and OST. Not a boring episode to be found!!
Okay, correction/confession. Even though I admire KSA tremendously as an actress, I found her a bit over the top, and was uncomfortable with her overly cutsey character in the first two episodes. I've watched too many of these already, esp. in TW idol dramas. I was really dreading it. But I liked the politics, the politicking, and the sharp exchanges in City Hall. The people are intelligent! By the end of ep. 3, I was laughing so much, my sides were splitting, and even tears oozed out of my eyes. I couldn't wait to continue to episode 4!

Many viewers find ep. 1-2 or even 3 boring/slow, and gave up prematurely. Such a pity for missing something so wonderful. But as they say, the water will always find its true level in the end. If it's a good one, more people will watch it. Many a time, I have passed good dramas by because of my prejudices or inertia. But long after the series has ended, and if I still find people recommending it, I'd pick it up, or go back for another try.

One example is Que Sera Sera, which I finally finished two weeks ago. Since it first aired, I had abandoned it twice. Couldn't go beyond Episode 1. Now I'll say it is also among one of the best quality series I have watched. City Hall is like that. It gets better and better. So far, only two episodes remain. I'm glad there's no extension. I want it to end with a bang, not a drag. Looking at the quality of the drama to date, I have little doubt about that.
Last edited by rambutan on Jun 29th, '09, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 29th, '09, 07:24

love_rui wrote:Yeah I became addict to this drama since the first ep, not so common!!
I love everything about it : funny, no cliche, original story (above all in korean dramas...even if it's my favorite one) even the couple is out of common!
I became addicted only at the end of Episode 3! But since the series got better and better, and there are 20 episodes, I am not complaining!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 29th, '09, 07:37

archive18 wrote:This drama is brill. I keep coming back hoping for new episodes that have been released. Even thro I understand the work that has to be done.

Again I cannot say a bigger thank you to the guys who take the trouble to sub these series for us the great unwashed. :thumleft: :thumleft: Many Many Thanks. :thumright: :thumright:
Archive 18, I see that you are watching all the three dramas being aired. Which one do you like most? I heard Brilliant Legacy is very good as well. But I have been shying away because of the cliche plot - Cinderella, evil stepmother, food! I also found the main female lead's acting skills in Spring Waltz a bit one-dimensional. Her eyes were a bit dead there... Hope her acting has improved tremendously. Otherwise, how am I going to endure 28 hours of dead fish eyes? Yes, they have extended the series by four episodes. I always view extensions suspiciously. Drag. All my prejudices...

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Jun 29th, '09, 16:33

@rambutan..

hahaha, what a nice description for HHJ eye, you need to give her a chance; SW was her first leading drama, she was later on By Land and Sky & Iljimae & she did a great job on both drama, lemme be honest with you at first when I heard about the drama with the current staff, I said there's no way they're gonna make it & it'll be a boring drama with just low rating & suck story, specially that LSG doesn't act that much & have seen him before on a weekend drama, 3 years ago (famous princess) he wasn't did good but what attract me to his in person his cute face :lol & then he start to be known on the variety show 1 night & 2 days, he did well but comparing his popularity with being a member on a variety show & now on a drama you can see how popular he become, as what happened to the korean F4.
anyway about HHJ, she started acting young as a leading actress in SW , she did good I saw the drama, both were cute but sometimes she got on my nervous :-) , watching her later on a daily drama By Land and Sky, her daily drama was getting a high rating & that give her the ability & the popularity to challenge & prove she can do it on a mini dramas with big stars, as Han Ji Hyun who succeed on her also daily drama Likable or Not, getting the attention from the PDs & writes, she was chosen for EOE, the same go to HHJ, she got a leadin female role on the drama Iljimae & with not any usual star but Lee Junki :mrgreen:, beside that I got jealous & cursed her on the drama for kissing JK but anyway she did well as the lady of noble family & a quite girl who fall in love with her childhood friend :lol ( Not any ordinary kiss but they kissed on the branch of a cherry tree :glare: ..

Brilliant Legacy as a weekend drama that make it to 40% on rating with last Ep that shown on Sun, proved to me something that HHJ acting really improved & she did well first as a spoiled brat for father then a mature girl who take responsibility for her brother, the granny & also the granny business, not to mention being able to stand for all what her step mother & sister did to her, it might be a Cinderella story, but Cinderella was weak when our ES ( HHJ) was strong to face all the hardness she got through & also to face Hwan ( LSG) family. on the other side LSG did really impressed me with his acting, at the first Eps he was a spoiled rat enjoying his granny money but then he shown how weak is he without money & he has to work , going through all hardness that the granny put him in to make him strong & appreciate the money he always spend meaninglessly, frankly, before watching the drama I wasn't expect anything good from LSG, but we need to give chance before deciding, looks whose talking ( didn't even watch CH :P ), I think I wrote a lot, it's enough now, gonna chase you on our forum if you didn't watch it :mrgreen:

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jun 29th, '09, 16:56

Hi rambutan

Yep I do like these three series all for different reasons. but also for the same reason. I love watching these dramas because they give me a insignt into completely diferent culures.

City Hall - I love the comedy in this and how Shin Mi Rae seems to have nothing going for her but she keeps bouncing back. Also the interaction between her and Jo g**k. Priceless.

That Fool - I like this as you can see that Han Ji Soo's boyfriend is being shown up as a poor little rich kid that cannot stand up to his father. If he really loved her he would tell his father were to go. Goo Dong Baek keeps coming through as a really nice bloke. Also now I don't know if this is true in real life but I have seen it in quite a few Korean dramas, but politians seem to have a lot of power to do what they like and even ruin normal peoples life's if they want. Where Kim Kang Mo father slapped Han Ji Soo's manager , I think that it was episode 3 or 4. and she did nothing I was shocked. Every girl I know would have kicked him in the family jewels or have at least give him a black eye.
Shining Inheritance - Just like thisd for many reason. One reason is I want to see the Stepmother's whole plan come crashing down and for her to come a cropper. I feel a bit for her daughter who keeps having to come up with lies to cover for her and you can almost see that she has a very good chance of losing Hwan. Hwan's mother and sister also wind me up as they are complete in their own little world which is the mother-in-law/grandmothers money. They just don't seem to see that they are hurting her with their little tantrums over her money. I think that she is doing the right thing to make them work for a change. As a little idea thrown into the mix did anyone catch the fact that the Butler likes older woman( I think that it is Hwan and Jung's mother that he likes.)

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 29th, '09, 17:35

Lucky_Kiss, oh, so she was also in Iljimae. As far as I remember, there wasn't much acting skills required as the rich girl caring for the poor. The role is rather forgettable in there, too. I thought the other female lead had a more challenging role.

But I don't mind if the guy in BL is mouthwatering (BOF was horrendous, but I loved Lee Min Ho, hehehe!). But he must also be able to act! I'm bored of Cinderella stories. Then, what really put me off was the mention of "evil" - evil stepmothers, step sisters, evil second lead etc. I watch almost everything, but not dark themes. Too disturbing for my taste.

Of course, I'll try BL one day. But right now, I'm so besotted with City Hall, I either don't have the interest, or dare not watch anything else. Because I know most likely I may be disappointed. The CH standards are that high. I've never/(seldom?) seen a cast acting so well. I mean, not only the leads, but all the main supporters, too. There are no cliches. The OST is something I can play over again and again. Anyway, I'm so busy fansubbing, I don't have time to watch many dramas!

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jun 29th, '09, 20:11

I am late to the City Hall band wagon, but I just finished watching the first 9 subbed episode. OMG, I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long while. Episodes 1-5 were hilarious and 6-9 were gut wrenching. I mean I felt helpless with her. Knowing something is wrong, but not being able to do anything about it. Watching your friends suffer and being helpless to help them. Being involved in a confusing relationship and being pushed into something you don't want. Great!!!

I also love, the love story. For once we get a leading man that is complex. He's not just a really good guy or a cold rich guy. You are given the impression that there is a lot under the surface. I also like that they did not make his instantly likeable. I feel like I am in this relationship with them. When he's good to her I am happy. When he's cold to her I am sad. They do a good job conveying emotions.

THANK YOU BON for subbing this drama. I can't wait for the rest.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 30th, '09, 00:00

Lucille, welcome to the City Hall club! It's never too late to watch a good series. I only finished Que Sera Sera two or three weeks ago. Their first sub appeared in April 2007! And Damo, one of my personal bests, I only watched one year after it was aired, when someone in D-Addicts posted the DVD rips! Well, City Hall will be ending this Thursday. After that, I will have to recuperate. The withdrawal will hit hard. A consolation, though. I can still be with it, since we are subbing it!

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Jun 30th, '09, 00:52

To be honest, when I started watching this, I wasnt expecting much. I didnt even plan to watch this, just was bored and had nothing to watch. Now I am totally hooked on it, cant wait for the next episodes :)
I havent watch much K-Drama's of late since most of them havent been interesting imo. I think this season has been good to us. 3 very good drama :)

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jul 1st, '09, 04:53

i :wub: it when jo-gyuk is watching mi-rae all the time gets jealous when guys are around her.
Last edited by sistergirl on Jul 3rd, '09, 11:15, edited 4 times in total.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jul 1st, '09, 06:15

I'm jealous with you people, since I can't watch the latest eps-I have to wait 'til someone release the subs, lol.

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jul 1st, '09, 18:01

i was wonder about jo-gyuk's wrist that he can read his phone text message where can you buy it and what is it called.

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jul 1st, '09, 18:02

i heard the director might do city hall 2 but not confirmed yet.
Last edited by sistergirl on Jul 6th, '09, 22:54, edited 2 times in total.

langsegara

Post by langsegara » Jul 1st, '09, 23:18

to pull one of them out of politic, i think the writer gave a good reason for it and execute it well. cant wait for the final. I LOVE TVU

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jul 3rd, '09, 08:00

i am so happy the drama was happy ending. :thumright: :thumleft: :wub: :D :-) :-)

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 3rd, '09, 09:47

Sistergirl is an addict! Hope everyone will enjoy this show as much as weI did! The last episode will make you smile, grin and chuckle, even if you are all alone. I'm not sad the series ended. I'm just so thankful I've seen one of the most enjoyable and beautiful finale episodes ever.

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 6th, '09, 19:45

Can someone tell me the name of that one love song and artist in City Hall? It's not on the OST. Thank you.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 6th, '09, 20:58

It's called
사랑하고 사랑합니다 - 박상우 (Saranghago Saranghamnida)
Loving, Loving You - Park Sang Woo

Hope this is the one you are looking for.

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 7th, '09, 02:51

Thank you Rambutan.

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Jul 15th, '09, 05:46

my mom wants to watch this drama but she only can understand japanese. i wish somebody subs in japanese too

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jul 15th, '09, 14:44

Sistergirl, I think that since this is a really good drama someone out there will sub this in japenses. As it has been a great jouney so far. I'm luck in one way as I have to wait for the english subs to come out so I'm only on episode 12 :-) in anyother I want to see how it pans out.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jul 21st, '09, 21:30

Ok, did anyone else squeal in delight when Jo Guk says "Because you are mine. Is there anyone who can't recognize what's theirs?" in episode 14? Cause I did!!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES. I know I am totally fangirling right now, but I can't help it. 2009 has been a great year for dramas. 2008 was really aweful. If this drama keeps improving it may very well be my favorite drama of the year.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 21st, '09, 23:44

Lucille, it will improve. Jo Guk does get more and more romantic. Come back when you finish and tell us what you think!

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jul 22nd, '09, 00:45

rambutan wrote:Lucille, it will improve. Jo Guk does get more and more romantic. Come back when you finish and tell us what you think!
I may have a heart attack if he gets anymore romantic, but I will definetly keep watching and keep you posted.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Jul 22nd, '09, 07:40

Lucille wrote:
rambutan wrote:Lucille, it will improve. Jo Guk does get more and more romantic. Come back when you finish and tell us what you think!
I may have a heart attack if he gets anymore romantic, but I will definetly keep watching and keep you posted.
Haha. Trust me you're going to have multiple heart attacks up to the end of the drama.

:lol

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 22nd, '09, 16:11

This show has such great villans too. I love the attitude of counselor Lee. Snarkist villain evah."What is the point of power if you don't abuse it?"

I had to give up. I had my overload of bad guys winning. I might try again later.

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Aug 4th, '09, 04:07

what song was played in the final episode?

moon river :thumright:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Aug 4th, '09, 16:37

Hi ppl,

I cant believe there are only 4 pages of discussion over City Hall in DA. :blink I hope other ppl are not missing out on this awesome drama. Personally I've avoided lots and watched few korean dramas almost in the past 2 years and I must say tht very few dramas impressed me. But City Hall is sort of a bonus gift for tht 2 years wait. It is so worth the wait. This drama post such high standards, I'm afraid tht I'll never be able to enjoy another korean drama ever again (though I'll try to be optimistic).

It has awesome script writing, brilliant acting and great onscreen chemistry. I never knew of Cha Seung Won before City Hall. Tht's why at first I waded City Hall with skepticism. But boy... was I wrong about CSW. He is one awesome actor. Having such a powerful control over his acting especially his emo faces. Got to love this man's facial expressions. Of coz not forgetting KSA, she has always proven tht she is a strong actress. It's a plus tht finally in City Hall KSA has met her rival and BANG!.... We have an awesome drama. :wub:

Hahaha... I think I should stop babbling already and continue to pimp this drama over in my fansub group. I've been living breathing City Hall for the past week. Just want to say thnx to BON for the subs. :D

Officially a City Haller! :P

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 5th, '09, 05:53

Baruch Menachem wrote:This show has such great villans too. I love the attitude of counselor Lee. Snarkist villain evah."What is the point of power if you don't abuse it?"

I had to give up. I had my overload of bad guys winning. I might try again later.
Baruch Menachem, come back again later. It could be worth it, without me spoiling it for you. Else jump to the last episode, then decide whether you want to delve into those that you missed ! :D

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 5th, '09, 06:05

darynrose wrote:Hi ppl,

This drama post such high standards, I'm afraid tht I'll never be able to enjoy another korean drama ever again (though I'll try to be optimistic).

It has awesome script writing, brilliant acting and great onscreen chemistry. It's a plus tht finally in City Hall KSA has met her rival and BANG!.... We have an awesome drama. :wub:

Hahaha... I think I should stop babbling already and continue to pimp this drama over in my fansub group. I've been living breathing City Hall for the past week. Just want to say thnx to BON for the subs. :D

Darynrose, I share your sentiment perfectly and am glad there's another "convert" to City Hall! Many people had snubbed this drama because they didn't know CSW. They also thought City Hall would be boring because of its political backdrop. Boy, are they missing something! Right now, The City Hall is unbeatable in my Drama 2009 category in terms of script writing/plot, direction and acting. Of course, the year is not yet over, and I haven't watched all the dramas out there. But I have watched many since Dec 2004, and this one ranks among my all time favourite dramas, number of which can't be covered by my two palms (or 10 fingers).

So which fansub group are you in? Yes, let's spread the City Hall love! Such greatness and joy should be shared! :wub:

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Aug 5th, '09, 06:14

rambutan wrote:
Baruch Menachem wrote:This show has such great villans too. I love the attitude of counselor Lee. Snarkist villain evah."What is the point of power if you don't abuse it?"

Baruch Menachem, come back again later. It could be worth it, without me spoiling it for you. Else jump to the last episode, then decide whether you want to delve into those that you missed ! :D
It's the whole process that makes City Hall worth your time and while so I suggest sticking it out to then end. I stayed up all night to complete the whole series :P

You'll fall in love with not only the script but also the characters and their polished and brilliantacting.

Aja-aja, fighting, Baruch Menachem

xsnoozexx

Post by xsnoozexx » Aug 5th, '09, 11:35

lovey dovey drama with a REAL story plot! one of the few shows that climax at the end instead of just dragging for the sake of lengthening the drama.

It deserve a much higher viewership!! Hope more people watch and support the show. great story, great cast, great acting!!!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Aug 5th, '09, 11:50

Again I agree with Rambutan (tht feels weird calling a person a fruit... have sudden craving for rambutan now... hahaha...) I, too, have a short list of my fav korean dramas and City Hall is currently being place number one! Hee.... And ppl, please just bare through the first 3 - 4 episodes (coz some ppl do find these episodes a bit boring? But I surely didnt). I promise you, you'll be sitting at the edge of you seat squealing at every scene. Coz I did... :wub: Even from Epi 1. So Baruch Menachem I really hope tht you'll continue to watch this drama. :D

rambutan wrote:So which fansub group are you in? Yes, let's spread the City Hall love! Such greatness and joy should be shared!
I am involve in TimeLesSub. I work a lot with Raspberry Latte, who also edited few episodes of City Hall. :D And yes, dont worry about spreading the love, I am currently getting my fellow team subbers to watch it too. :P

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Aug 8th, '09, 15:26

junior_pansy wrote:
Lucille wrote:
Haha. Trust me you're going to have multiple heart attacks up to the end of the drama.

Finished...Speechless!!!!! To date my favorite Korean Drama was MNIKSS and I could not find anything close to it. Well City Hall is now my favorite. I love a more mature male lead. In real life I hate couples as mushy as they were, but here it was soooooooooo great. We never get to see people in love. They are always denying their feelings or held apart by misunderstanding. Also, I loved how they helped each other grow. She became more mature and he became more emotional.
I think I have squealed and squirmed my way through this entire series. I can't wait to watch it again. I must bow down to BON for doing such a great job. Thank you so much!!!:clap:

I guess I really wasn't speechless

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Aug 8th, '09, 16:13

Lucille wrote:
junior_pansy wrote:
Lucille wrote:

Finished...Speechless!!!!! To date my favorite Korean Drama was MNIKSS and I could not find anything close to it. Well City Hall is now my favorite. I love a more mature male lead. In real life I hate couples as mushy as they were, but here it was soooooooooo great. We never get to see people in love. They are always denying their feelings or held apart by misunderstanding. Also, I loved how they helped each other grow. She became more mature and he became more emotional.
I think I have squealed and squirmed my way through this entire series. I can't wait to watch it again. I must bow down to BON for doing such a great job. Thank you so much!!!:clap:

Yes. BON did a fantastic job. I just wished that they had released the soft subs so I could watch it in 720p instead of ental.

RIght now I have yet to find another kd that can equal City Hall. :-(

Any good recommendations?

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Aug 8th, '09, 16:43

junior_pansy wrote:
Lucille wrote:
junior_pansy wrote:

Yes. BON did a fantastic job. I just wished that they had released the soft subs so I could watch it in 720p instead of ental.

RIght now I have yet to find another kd that can equal City Hall. :-(

Any good recommendations?
Sorry, I wish I could help. Try Aja aja, they offer dramas in 720 and 800. Good luck.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 9th, '09, 00:54

@ junior_pansy, I heard that Brilliant Legacy (Shining Inheritance) is also very good. Haven't watched it myself, being so busy and so besotted with The City Hall in the past few months, so can't say whether this drama can match The City Hall. One thing I am quite certain, though. Hardly any young couple can match the acting skills of, and chemistry between, the mature Kim Sun Ah and CSW. But the feedback on BL has so far been very good. So it's on my "next to watch" list... If only I could stop watching The City Hall... again.

And Darynrose, Lucille, junior_pansy, sister girl and all those who have thanked us for the subs, let me say the pleasure's ours working on, then sharing the subs. During subbing, some of us at BON were so busy watching and rewatching the episodes we were working on, that we forgot about the subbing! This is a great drama and everybody is glad to be sharing it!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 9th, '09, 07:31

darynrose wrote:Hi ppl,

I cant believe there are only 4 pages of discussion over City Hall in DA. :blink I hope other ppl are not missing out on this awesome drama.
Well, darynrose, there are actually many more pages written about/on The City Hall in D-Addicts. Some of them may discuss the City Hall, some not. The comments are spread over 20 episode threads on the raw video releases, plus the 20 episode threads on the hardsub video releases, plus the two threads on soft subs (ep. 1 & 2) releases!

I believe more people will be drawn to The City Hall in the months or years ahead due to the good reviews and comments sprouting up almost everywhere. Sure, we will always have contrarians, but I think they are pretty underwhelming in the sea of overwhelming accolades. In fact, the series has generated so much love that Samsooki, who was unknown in the fansubbing scene, has come out to do the drama recaps at Dramabeans! This surely is a labour of great love!

aaadramavr

Post by aaadramavr » Aug 13th, '09, 07:05

This has been one of the best Kdramas I have ever watched. I have some all time favs and this will possible be one of them..depends on how many times I re-watch it. Since MNIKSS KSA has been in the one to watch category but as others said I wasn't sure about the male lead but for KSA I checked it out. and WOW I was seriously impressed by the acting in this show. I agree with others that I appreciate the maturity of the story line and the actors. The writing was also great and I know that the actors appreciated that as much as we did.

BON, thank you for such great subs. I also sometimes watch the SBS subbed shows and I am particularly struck how they translated what was said such as using the word "attacked by a man" instead of "seduced by a man" in that memorable romantic scene with KSA and CSW in the car.That totally changed the meaning and feeling of what was said. So, thanks again BON fansubbers for all of you hard work on this and your other projects.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Aug 13th, '09, 07:21

rambutan wrote:@ junior_pansy, I heard that Brilliant Legacy (Shining Inheritance) is also very good. Haven't watched it myself, being so busy and so besotted with The City Hall in the past few months, so can't say whether this drama can match The City Hall. One thing I am quite certain, though. Hardly any young couple can match the acting skills of, and chemistry between, the mature Kim Sun Ah and CSW. But the feedback on BL has so far been very good. So it's on my "next to watch" list... If only I could stop watching The City Hall... again.
It's the same over here. I watched and re-watched CH umpteenth times and still hadnt gotten sick of it. It's even more addictive than MNIKSS.

What I had wished was for BON to release the softsubs so I could watch it in a higher vid q again.

Man, I really gotta stop re-re-re-watching it.

:alcoholic:

thootshe_roll

Post by thootshe_roll » Dec 30th, '09, 09:00

Love love this series, one of the best romantic comedy/drama. Been a while since I feel in love with Korean series and this one brought it back. A must watch/highly recommended drama. Hehehe need to have this series added on my korean drama collection ^__^.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 1st, '10, 11:51

junior_pansy wrote:
rambutan wrote:@ junior_pansy,
It's the same over here. I watched and re-watched CH umpteenth times and still hadnt gotten sick of it. It's even more addictive than MNIKSS.

What I had wished was for BON to release the softsubs so I could watch it in a higher vid q again.

Man, I really gotta stop re-re-re-watching it.

:alcoholic:
§ junior pansy, hope it's not too late, but soft subs are now available at withS2 site, courtesy of B.O.N Fansubbers.

§ thootshe_roll, it's always a pleasure to find yet another who is enthralled by The City Hall.