Dramas you just couldn't finish

Discuss Korean drama series here.
*member*

Dramas you just couldn't finish

Post by *member* » Jul 22nd, '09, 00:50

i wanna know what kdramas you started to watch but just couldn't finish and why :-)

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jul 22nd, '09, 02:39

I Love You - It was just too slow

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:08

recently was Boys Before Flowers, the funny thing is that i really like it until episode 14, the awful music, the pacing of the drama and other things was really annoying but i'm thinking about giving another chance since i love Hana Yori Dango.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:13

deleted
Last edited by wmcnair370 on Jul 22nd, '09, 03:45, edited 2 times in total.

Basuha

Post by Basuha » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:19

You are my destiny it was too much! I I don't have enough time in this lifetime to explain why that drama was so painful.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:39

Get Karl, Oh Su Jung.

Absolutely hated this show. Can't stand the 2 main characters and can't stand the storyline, if you can actually call it a story.

moonprincess98

Post by moonprincess98 » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:48

Successful Story of a Bright Girl - I just couldn't get into the story. The main characters kinda bored me.

Exhibition of Fireworks - The guys really pissed me off because they were idiots and I got tired of all the other characters bashing the main character.

What's Up Fox? - I have no idea why. I just couldn't finish it.

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jul 22nd, '09, 03:49

Witch Yoo Hee - I watched this drama because of Jae Hee but the story seemed to get a little "ehh" by the 7th episode.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 22nd, '09, 04:06

tsurashi313 wrote:Witch Yoo Hee - I watched this drama because of Jae Hee but the story seemed to get a little "ehh" by the 7th episode.
i totally agree with this, that drama started quite nice but i couldn't finish either although i think i lasted longer than 7 episodes lol than i finally realized that if you sleep more than once during an episode is better to quit it all together XD

moonprincess98

Post by moonprincess98 » Jul 22nd, '09, 06:49

I agree about Witch Yoo Hee too. Though I did finish it (can't give up on Jae Hee that easily!), I can't say that either of you really missed anything! I guess you could call it a happy ending but it was just dumb to me.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 22nd, '09, 16:04

I loved watching most of city hall, but I had to give up on it when Shin Mirea was arrested the second time. Since the first episode made it clear the whole rest of the show was flashback, I could see a train wreck of biblical proportions comming that I just couldn't handle. I liked her too much.

The show was brilliant, and Shin Mirae is the kind of character you want to cheer for all the way.

Koreans must have a really cynical view of politics. And it is too painfully true that even here it seems it is the good guys who take the fall while the baddies flourish. In Frank Capra's world, the bad guy came to his senses, but in Shin Mirea's world, it just got worse.

I really like the actress too. She was in "She is on duty." that had the best ending I ever saw in any movie. :cheers:

I AM SAM was really good in concept, but the guy who played the teacher must be someone's boyfriend. the student was great. I gave up on episode 4. What did those women see in him?

I want to watch "Who Are YOu" but the place I am watching it keeps loosing video all the time. And the male lead is so sleazy..... I am hoping the last day papa has the body he kicks a policeman and robs a bank, just to have him put out of the rest of the worlds misery.

moonprincess98

Post by moonprincess98 » Jul 22nd, '09, 16:56

Who Are You is actually one of my favorites! I don't know what episode you are on, but it is pretty hilarious (at least for the first half). You should go to drama fever and watch it. I think you'll change your mind about Seung Hyo when you do! ^_^

xk

Post by xk » Jul 22nd, '09, 17:05

Lucille wrote:I Love You - It was just too slow
You referring to the one KBS aired last year? Yea that drama sucked ass big ass time.. I liked it the first 5 episodes and it went downhill.... boring and stupid.

I also found Hong Gil Dong boring. I couldn't watch all the way.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 22nd, '09, 17:20

Monster Parent- because well.. the overall story to me for like 4 episodes in was just retarded, the way teachers are messed with the parents not to mention when the lawyers got involved with some was just ridiculous. Ok, I may be no expert in Japanese law or even American law but I'm pretty sure teachers could get the law on their side for things like harassment, verbal abuse, abuse, slandering someones reputation without evidence, and assault. I mean seriously and no one thought to take counter legal actions at all on lawsuits that's been brought up against the school on baseless accusations.

Mei-chan no Shitsuji- This one just wasn't geared towards my audience.

Seigi no Mikata- I love Shida Mirai and most of the dramas she played in from Watashitachi no Kyokasho to the Queens classroom or something like that and so I was eagerly waiting for a new drama for her to play in when this came out... I'm sorry I hate this drama with a passion, its not her fault at all its just the overall story, characters attitude is just so completely nonsensical.

Maid Deka- I quit this one right on the first episode. Aside from probably not being geared towards my audience group, I found the story and character to be nonsensical as well. I'm sorry but a girl about 5'5ft less than 130 pounds, swinging a modified golden swifter cleaner broom in a maid uniform won't be kicking a 6'0ft guys ass who's sole purpose of his job is to kick other peoples ass! >.<God>.<
Last edited by kuro570 on Jul 22nd, '09, 17:53, edited 6 times in total.

alchocoholic

Post by alchocoholic » Jul 22nd, '09, 17:28

Three Dads and 1 Mum, the one with Eugene as the single mother... omg, that was such a dumb drama and Single Papa in Love, which was boring as hell

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 22nd, '09, 18:48

moonprincess98 wrote:Who Are You is actually one of my favorites! I don't know what episode you are on, but it is pretty hilarious (at least for the first half). You should go to drama fever and watch it. I think you'll change your mind about Seung Hyo when you do! ^_^

linky? PM is also good.

tkah

Post by tkah » Jul 22nd, '09, 19:04

Beethoven Virus. For some reason I got bored with it after 2 episodes. 1 Litre of Tears...I just couldn't bring myself to finish such a sad story.... Mei-chan no Shitsuji...Got bored after 5 episodes... I know these are some popular dramas. Just not my taste.

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Jul 22nd, '09, 19:05

zeni gebi it reminded me of my painful past

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jul 22nd, '09, 19:21

alchocoholic wrote:Three Dads and 1 Mum, the one with Eugene as the single mother... omg, that was such a dumb drama
I tried to watch this too (once again because of Jae Hee) and the drama was poorly plotted from the very beginning. A brilliant actor stuck in ridiculous dramas.

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » Jul 24th, '09, 12:50

Autumn in My Heart and Stairway to Heaven.

everyone says they're great story but I just cant keep up with the tears~

there's a lot XD

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Jul 26th, '09, 05:23

Love Story in harvard

actually partly is because the link i go and watch this drama start to have problem on the video when i'm getting boring of this drama.
i start skipping some parts after the 2 main leads have the super long kiss.

than soon is video problem so in the end i didn't bother to finish.... :sleeping:

likeable or not.
after i watch the 7 princesses and pure 19,i though i like those long tv series with more than 50 episodes.. :wub:
but it seems that such dramas have similar storylines for quite a lot of parts....... :blink

Dalja spring

maybe i just don't like big sister younger brother relationship drama.
manage to watch the first 3 episodes but find it really boring.
watch until episode 5 and that episode 5 is funny.
but the only funny episode.-_-
than watch until episode 8 i give up.
watch a bit in episode 12-16 as to see maybe it is not as worst as i think...
but still the type of storyline i don't like/boring.

than skip to the last scene.
a stupid kiss than the male and female lead look at each other(they kiss in a office)

a very disappointing ending...!

asaboy23

Post by asaboy23 » Jul 27th, '09, 17:37

which star are you from- i forgot what episode i stopped, i just got bored of the drama. the first half of the drama was good after that..

3 dads and 1 mom - i watched this b3cause of jae hee. i only watched it to 3 episodes. couldn;t stand it any longer.

get karl. oh su jung- it took me a month before i finished it.. it just really boring.

sweet 18- i heard it was good but my copy was really bad so i decided to delete from my pc and just forget it..

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 4th, '09, 06:24

1% of Anything -- Too many unnecessary, boring scenes. Like the 2 main leads though ... sucks that the script is lacking.

Which Star Are You From -- Again, love the 2 main leads, but the scenes and story got boring halfway through.

Beethoven Virus -- Still have my hopes up for this. Stopped on ep 4 where not much happened yet (I think) and been stuck there for the longest time. Does it get any better?

bonaparte

Post by bonaparte » Aug 4th, '09, 06:52

KOUKOU KYOUSHI 2003
Technically I did finish this one, but it is the worst drama I have ever ever ever seen in my entire life, and after I finished it I gave up on my "I must finish all dramas no matter how much they might suck!" ideal. ;~; Sad.

But I seriously couldn't stand ANY character except one, and he was the "other guy" character!! He was so sweet and nice, and the only character who wasn't constantly manipulative, lying, pitifully weak, and/or violent. I seriously detested this drama so much -- every character (but the one) was completely unsympathetic and frustrating. It took itself too seriously, and there was one -- MAYBE -- comic moment. It is the worst drama ever, imo.

DEVIL BESIDE YOU
Even though Akuma de Sourou is my favorite manga, this adaptation was cheap and cheesy. Ugh, dnw. And the main guy wasn't hot enough, either. I don't see how this is popular. >>

Others:
Hachi-one Diver -- it was so stupid! Completely laughable.
Koizora -- meeeeeh. Boring.
Meitantei no Okite -- I love Matsuda Shouta to an inordinate extent, but this was just so... stupid.
Innocent Love -- boring, and the main characters seemed really goody-two-shoes.

Dramas I shouldn't have finished:
Mei-chan no Shitsuji -- it was so cheesy! SO CHEESY!
Anego -- utterly lifeless.
Sapuri -- again, utterly lifeless.

I'm sorry if I ripped apart anyone's favorite! >___<~

juzdiz

Couldn't finish

Post by juzdiz » Aug 4th, '09, 08:11

*Wish You Were Here
*Poor Prince-Yamada Tarou was so much better
*Koi Zora-Boring
*Anego-boring
*Hachi-One Diver-lame
*Smile-lame
*HotShot-ridiculously lame
*Hissatsu Shigotonin-As much as I love Mabo, this series was so monotonous, predictable and..yes lame.
*Kurosagi-This was so poorly conceptualized. For dramas about con artists, I'd recommend Ryuseii No Kizuna.
*Zettai Kareshi - I know a lot of people like this but...I don't
*Boku Dake No Madonna-pushover roles for Takizawa Hideaki are getting rather old
*Kami no Shizuku-All the wine terminologies and references make my nose bleed. I guess I'm going to get around to finishing this one of these days.
*Taiyou Wa Shizumanai-this one's actually really good but I could only get my hands on Ep.1-6 coz noone's translating it and the raws need seeding!!!....*sigh*

Dramas I wish I hadn't finished
*Innocent Love-too emo for my taste. I only stuck to this coz the mystery surrounding the brother seemed interesting.
*Kimi Wa Petto-no comment

Above list-purely due to my personal taste. Pls. don't take the criticisms seriously

Severina

Re: Couldn't finish

Post by Severina » Aug 4th, '09, 10:05

juzdiz wrote: *Kurosagi-This was so poorly conceptualized.
I agree. I also couldn´t finish this drama. It was way too boring for me.

Also Sapuri. I have watched the first two episodes, but it was so boring that I often felt asleep while watching...

LiLiana

Post by LiLiana » Aug 4th, '09, 10:14

Zettai Kareshi : like the manga but the drama was ....

Boss: the movement of cameras make me want to puke ! Seriously : stop moving !!!

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 4th, '09, 10:49

Winter Sonata >< the worst for me!

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Aug 4th, '09, 11:10

Lotto 6 de 3 senmen-en ateta otoko - couldn't deal with the sheer stupidity of Tachibana... fast-forwarded through the last few eps just to find Toyohara's moments, which were equally as stupid (I swear, if they put him in another coffee shop after that and then immediately again in "Innocent Love" (which I also disliked, but made it to the end), I'll slit my wrists!)... totally disappointing because I like Sorimachi and was looking forward to seeing him.

Gakko ja oshierarenai - generally, I'll give a drama a few eps, but I never made it past the first 30 minutes. A 21st Century 16-year-old guy who doesn't have a clue how to masturbate... yeah, right... one of the most painfully stupid scenes I've ever seen and made my skin crawl... it could've been a hilarious moment, or even erotic in a guilty pleasure kind of way, but it was just plain idiotic. After the previous 20-some-odd minutes had failed to capture me in any way, I shut it down.

Jotei - again, couldn't deal with the lead character or the story in general... dropped it a couple eps after Toyohara's character's departure. I also like Matsuda Shota, but his character failed to grab me & keep me with it.

Imoto yo - this is a classic??? It's taken me over a year to get through the first 8 episodes and there's only one reason I'll eventually get through the last 2. I enjoy romance stories, but the story is just WAY too sappy and I don't give a you-know-what for any of the characters... totally lifeless.

Tenchijin - still collecting the eps because it's a taiga, but quickly stopped watching... hate the entire feel of it, from the sets to the characters and everything in between. And such a great cast, too... what a waste.

It's not necessarily a problem with the drama itself (though it was starting to drag for me a bit), but I haven't been able to go back to Rondo after ep 5... the subs were driving me crazy!

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 4th, '09, 11:25

I Am Sam - I know funny guys sometimes get the girl but I can't understand what the writers are making this guy out to be -- what "appeal" he's supposed to have that he'd get a rich, teenage girl and a gorgeous teacher pining over him.

Binbo Danshi - Shun does not do naive very convincingly. Plus he gets into more debt after each episode he's practically drowning in it -- as much as I was drowning in boredom watching it. At least I had the choice to walk away from it, I don't know if the character did but then again, I don't really care. :roll

I wish I didn't finish Mei-chan no Shitsuji either. That's 11 hours of my life I would never get back. :x

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 4th, '09, 11:26

kuro570 wrote: Maid Deka- I quit this one right on the first episode. Aside from probably not being geared towards my audience group, I found the story and character to be nonsensical as well. I'm sorry but a girl about 5'5ft less than 130 pounds, swinging a modified golden swifter cleaner broom in a maid uniform won't be kicking a 6'0ft guys ass who's sole purpose of his job is to kick other peoples ass! >.<God>.<
LoL! Then do not watch Sukeban Deka, in that one the character is about the same size and taking people on with a steel yo-yo.

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Aug 4th, '09, 11:27

Innocent Love, because i can't download :lol
somebody seed :whistling: :roll

NoRefund

Post by NoRefund » Aug 6th, '09, 22:51

stairway to heaven.. the first half of the series was really good but towards the middle it just got too slow for me to keep interest

quanhottie

Post by quanhottie » Aug 6th, '09, 23:28

I couldn't finish watching Smile with Matsumoto Jun because it was just too sad and serious for me lol Sure i like sad dramas but i was already on the first episode and i was already crying! mb one day ill finish it :unsure:

hotaruhaku

Post by hotaruhaku » Aug 6th, '09, 23:50

Sapuri- Wow...I love Kame and all, and I actually finished the series cause he was in it but- wow...that show was beyond boring~

Attention Please- That just totally didn't get my attention. Aya Ueto is a great actress and all, but I just didn't find the show funny.

1 Liter of Tears- I know, I know, everybody loves this show, and says it's sad, but I didn't like it. It was just to much emotions jam packed into 11 episodes. By ep 4, I wished she died to get it over with.(aaaaa~ I feel the flames and bricks coming!!!)

Long Love Letter- I almost died at the end of the 2nd ep.

Pi LI MIT- I loved Gui Gui in Brown Sugar Macchiato, but here- here she's just plain annoying!

Voice- Uhhh~ yea..it wasn't the kind of forensics show I thought it would be. Even with the great casting I could finish it...*crys* (Eita, Toma, Satomi, ect.)
Last edited by hotaruhaku on Aug 7th, '09, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Spike1455

Post by Spike1455 » Aug 7th, '09, 00:36

Furuhata Ninzaburo [Jdrama] -- The DVD I bought, was translated in the Chin-glish language--and it killed it for me!

The Secret Lovers [Kdrama] - Reminded me of American TV (when is enough, enough?) plus the lead actor was too ugly too be believed that Han ji-hye was in love with him!

Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 [Jdrama] - Not one of Aya's best roles, in my opinion, and "teacher-student" relationships may be interesting too some---but un-interesting too me as a memorable TV drama (much like American TV)

Autumn Shower
[Kdrama] - umm, a sister is not suppose to be your lover (if you grew up with her--'ya got to be a perv if want her after you found out she was switched at birth!)--again, American TV influence at its best!!

My humble opinions....

Spike :study:

ssih

Post by ssih » Aug 7th, '09, 13:06

Teppan Shoujo Akane!!

It looked like it might be fun enough, and I'm a big fan of Horikita Maki, but the subtitles went from mediocre to completely incomprehensible.

An example:

hour wool scull three height sleeps pwass like this, If
if America khang ccang day gets, The sliced raw fish after
firsts the case which it does Oh the car you canh Oh

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 8th, '09, 10:57

wmcnair370 wrote:
kuro570 wrote: Maid Deka- I quit this one right on the first episode. Aside from probably not being geared towards my audience group, I found the story and character to be nonsensical as well. I'm sorry but a girl about 5'5ft less than 130 pounds, swinging a modified golden swifter cleaner broom in a maid uniform won't be kicking a 6'0ft guys ass who's sole purpose of his job is to kick other peoples ass! >.<God>.<
LoL! Then do not watch Sukeban Deka, in that one the character is about the same size and taking people on with a steel yo-yo.
Probably won't. lol I think if I'm not mistaken I think I've watched a movie by this title and it kicked ass but knowing its turned into a drama it'll probably be toned down.

bonaparte

Post by bonaparte » Aug 20th, '09, 05:28

ssih wrote: hour wool scull three height sleeps pwass like this, If
if America khang ccang day gets, The sliced raw fish after
firsts the case which it does Oh the car you canh Oh
LOL oh my. That's awful.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Aug 20th, '09, 08:20

hotaruhaku wrote:Sapuri- Wow...I love Kame and all, and I actually finished the series cause he was in it but- wow...that show was beyond boring~

Attention Please- That just totally didn't get my attention. Aya Ueto is a great actress and all, but I just didn't find the show funny.

1 Liter of Tears- I know, I know, everybody loves this show, and says it's sad, but I didn't like it. It was just to much emotions jam packed into 11 episodes. By ep 4, I wished she died to get it over with.(aaaaa~ I feel the flames and bricks coming!!!)

Long Love Letter- I almost died at the end of the 2nd ep.

Pi LI MIT- I loved Gui Gui in Brown Sugar Macchiato, but here- here she's just plain annoying!

Voice- Uhhh~ yea..it wasn't the kind of forensics show I thought it would be. Even with the great casting I could finish it...*crys* (Eita, Toma, Satomi, ect.)
hahaha...you basically listed all the dramas and series i couldn't stand either.... except i did finish VOICE because i just love Eita... and there was Toma and Satomi in there too...

Take-Take

Post by Take-Take » Aug 21st, '09, 08:45

partner

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Sep 2nd, '09, 07:49

now brilliant legacy is added to my unfinished list...
this drama is great....
a very touching drama.i like most of the storyline..yah some parts are too sad but there are parts that i really love...it has quite a good sttoryline..so this drama is now my favourite kdrama =D
so if anyone wants to watch kdrama..i will tell them to watch BL....
but weirdly,i just stuck at episode 26 part 2.... -.-
yah..just stuck at that part for around 1-2 weeks and stuck till now.__________.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 2nd, '09, 21:15

Coffe prince and boys over flowers, Attention please.

I can`t tell why. Maybe the story didn`t match my taste.

hotoko

Post by hotoko » Sep 5th, '09, 06:08

Queen Of Game - i already give-up at the second episode... :-(

itsArtemis

Post by itsArtemis » Sep 25th, '09, 15:37

Oh God, I have a long list...I tend to finish Jdoramas more than Kdramas due to the length of the episodes and series....Some of them are:

I know so many love Madame Cantabile - but both the leads rubbed me the wrong way.

Beethoven Virus - couldn't get further than episode 5....

Love & Marriage - just plain boring!!!

Kami no Shizuku watched until halfway into episode 8 - only have 1 1/2 to go but not interested...

One pound no Fukin - again Kame....couldn't get past episode 2....

Full House - FF through from episode 7 - it was so predictable, and I didn't like Rain there. Bad acting!

Dramas I wish I hadn't finished -
Iljimae with Lee Junki- it really was marred by bad English subs for me. What a boring plot too!

Boys over Flowers (K-version) - great until episode 12...from there it just went downhill. The last few episodes I FF a lot!

emiVEE

Post by emiVEE » Sep 25th, '09, 17:23

binbo danshi - although i like shun i tried watching 1 time and his character wasn't convincing at all...then i tried watching it a second time because of miura haruma and no... somehow i just can't bring myself to finishing this drama --;

Boys over flowers - i maybe a little biased when trying to watch this because I got so hooked on HYD that i couldn't get passed the first 15mins of the first episode...i don't know maybe i'll give this one a second chance though...

drama i wished i never finished...
Densha Otoko - Although i like Ito Misaki, this drama made it hard for me to sit down at one time and just watch it through, it was so awkward seeing her in a relationship with Ito Atsushi... even though thats what the story was about.. their relationship. I felt relieved when I saw bits of Mokomichi, Maki, and Shun >< 12 hour waste of time :glare:

movie i wished i never saw...
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru - Although i LOVE matsujun, which is the only reason why i watched it in the first place...this movie was too much.. twins and incest...not particularly a good topic...period :x

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 26th, '09, 06:50

I thought it's about korean drama discussion but I saw it's about jdorama also. Well so many jdoramas that I just can't finish watching.
But if it's kdrama, there's this one drama that I just can't finish watching it's 'Smile again', I had it since like 2 years ago, watch couple of episode en just can't continue watch it, maybe because I don't really like those kind of story with so many intrigue en prefer those light drama that can cheer me up. Such a waste.

alicechen

Post by alicechen » Sep 28th, '09, 03:03

Boys Over Flowers

I got to ep. 20 and stopped during the summer. The plot was too draggy and overrated. Although I love the leads hehe Minho and Kim Bum!! =D I didn't like Hyung Joon's character until the latter half of the series....

ChiiBunnii

Post by ChiiBunnii » Sep 28th, '09, 03:25

Love Story In Harvard... It bored me to death..

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Oct 1st, '09, 19:27

I really loved the first episodes of Sweet Inheritance. I have given up at episode 15 because I can smell a train wreck coming. She is going to go for Hwan. Such a mistake. The other guys is so much better on so many levels. I can't see why she chooses the lemon when the peach is right there.

I think I am going to keep watching it just a little bit further. I want to see the Karmic Steamroller take care of her stepmom. But I don't want to see the end.

vikvik

Post by vikvik » Oct 2nd, '09, 06:39

Never finished Exibition of Fireworks and Boys over Flowers. I adore both male leads, but I just hated lead actresses, they annoyed me so much with their looks and acting...

DORAEMON4ever

Post by DORAEMON4ever » Nov 25th, '09, 02:50

Lady Castle/ Take Care of the Young Lady/ My Fair Lady

Who Are You

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Nov 30th, '09, 17:17

Lady Castle
Boys over flowers, I've seen both the dorama version and the tw versions but this version was just horrible.
Their budget was most likeöy even grander then the jdorama version and still it was just bad.
Iljimae just meh

Kami no shizuku
Prodai
The TW version of hanakimi just NO

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Dec 1st, '09, 07:40

Boys Before Flower.. K version sucks...
Tw version is even worse..

:scratch:

auxabois

Post by auxabois » Dec 9th, '09, 11:06

Que Sera Sera - I actually stopped watching on 2nd episode... because I thought the main girl would be annoying and helpless. Many monthes later after I had forgotten about it I went to watch it again not knowing I had already started it. After realizing it I decided to watch a few more so I wouldn't feel cheated... and it ended up becoming one of my favorite dramas of all time! lol.

Smile, You - the girl is so annoying, I just can't stand her and unlike some characters where I want them to find someone who can handle their fiery personality I just really didn't want to see anymore of her.

Style: I watched maybe like to episode... 9... or more maybe, not sure. I really liked the character of the boss, and liked watching to see the crazy things she would wear, but the annoyance of the main character won out and I quit watching. I got tired of her complaining so much, and getting in the way of what I saw as the interesting love triangles... *sigh*

I too stopped watching Lady Castle like mid way through, but then after it finished I went back to see exactly how it ended. I got through like 10 minutes of the end episode and realized how much the characters and the story had matured and decided to go back and finish it, which I am happy about.

There has been many many many Jdramas. *shakes head*

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Dec 9th, '09, 11:14

One drama I wished I had never watched is Boys Over Flowers. As 2009 is coming to an end, the most overrated drama of the year goes to BOF. I still cannot believe I got swept up in the BOF craze. It is only because of the superior Japanese version, Hana Yori Dango, that I watched as many episodes of the Korean version as I did. I only watched up to episode 15 before I became bored with it. Everything got too draggy and it just became a typical Korean melodrama with angst and turmoil. It has numerous flaws, but what I dislike most about it is the non-existent chemistry between the two leads. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. I really wished I had never watched BOF. The lead actress was too weak and Ha Jae Kyung was damn annoying. When you've got a mediocre script, bad direction, terrible and over-the-top acting, you pretty it up with good-looking F4 actors, flashy cars, and cool gadgets to hide those flaws.

Dramas I haven't finished (I may have forgotten some):

Korean:
My Girl
Full House
Three Dads, One Mom
Love and Marriage
Lawyers of Korea
Witch Yoo Hee
Love Story in Harvard
Tazza
Flowers for My Life
Tazza
Style
East of Eden
Queen of Housewives
My Sweet Seoul
Brilliant Legacy
Get Karl
Hateful But Once Again
A Man's Story
Hong Gil Dong
Dream
Partners
Bad Couple
Empress Cheonchu - my first time I've watched a long drama. Never again. I only watched it until the King died and when the teenagers grew up.
Goong
Insoon is Pretty
Strike Love
Star's Lover
Triple
Friend
My Fair Lady

Japanese:
Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne?
Yaoh
Triangle
Celeb to Binbo Taro
Kazoku
Gakko ja Oshierarenai!
Hachi-One Diver
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Hana Kimi
Innocent Love
Smile
Shigeshoshi
Rescue
Akai Ito
Aikurushii
Room of King
Kami no Shizuku
Oh! My Girl!!
Hotaru no Hikari
Last Friends
Zeni Geba

I only recently got into Korean and Japanese dramas, but I am much more selective about what I watch now. Some of my favorites are Rookies, Arifuerta Kiseki, Ryuusei no Kizuna, Tomorrow, Bloody Monday, Liar Game, Maou, Voice, Change, Love Shuffle, 1 Litre of Tears, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang, Soulmate, and Fight.

ajoy205

Post by ajoy205 » Dec 9th, '09, 12:42

for me..
it is white lies (korean) and Q.E.D. (japanese)...
they are so so boring...

toenail

Post by toenail » Apr 9th, '10, 01:44

Wow so many with similar choice as mine:

Lady Castle - I don't like that main guy's face lol

Densha Otoko - Don't like the main guy's character

Boys Before Flower - Can't stand the Taiwanese version, so I stay away from the Korean one (or any versions if there's anything else)

Attic Cat - Don't like the main guy's character

Smile, You - Don't like the main girl's character

Que Sera Sera - ughhh...

ToroHime

Post by ToroHime » Apr 9th, '10, 02:40

kimi wa petto >__< sorrryy! i absolutely love matsumoto jun which is the only reason why i decided to watch it, but it was really boring and makes me feel like they have psychological problems o_O

Basuha

Let me see

Post by Basuha » Apr 9th, '10, 02:52

Heading To The Ground: Didn't like the direction of the storyline, felt that the main actor and the best friend had more chemistry then the lead actress. Wish the screenwriter would have realized that and change directions because it would have been a great drama.

Boys Over Flowers: The main actress storyline was too confusing, felt she was with both guys even in the end I didn't know is she really loved the male lead.

You are my Destiny: Was the first drama I didn't finish, it would take a lifetime to explain why I felt that drama was awful. I respect other cultures but that drama was over the top with they judgment, prejudice and basic lack of respect for a human being.

Who Are You: The main actress is incredible boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 9th, '10, 22:15

IRIS.
I really didn't care and I didn't like it.

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Apr 19th, '10, 01:47

Sorry for the lovers of the long/romantic series but

Winter Sonata
Autumn Tales
Sad Love Story....

OMG.....cannot stand cause it's just featuring the female leads crying crying crying.
Way too melodramatic for me!

skyfzero

Post by skyfzero » Apr 25th, '10, 02:11

single papa in love ... sooooooo boring; stopped at ep 3 and am glad about it

temporaryinsanit

Post by temporaryinsanit » Apr 25th, '10, 02:32

Shining Inheritance, because it's to slow to get into the the main story. And the amount of episodes discouraged me (twenty-eight), after I saw that I got up to the fourth episode and nothing interesting happened. But I hate leaving dramas unfinished so I must watch it all!

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Apr 25th, '10, 05:00

I so agree about shining inheritance, I fast forwarded so much of it!!

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » Apr 25th, '10, 05:30

Kamisama mou sukoshi dake - it was awful! I really love Takeshi Kaneshiro, but he was totally wasted in this one. All he did was stand around looking moody! And Kyoko Fukada is just plain annoying - she does nothing but whine! Besides, the information it portrayed about AIDS was completely wrong!

anne_revenant

Post by anne_revenant » Apr 25th, '10, 06:47

I also have a weird thing where I refuse to not finish a drama so I'm slowing watching all of these.

Ana-san no Omame - I've decided I dislike Becky. I've been on episode 3 for about 7 months now and if there is one drama that I never finish it'll be this one.

Maou - I actually enjoyed this but got stuck waiting for a release that took too long to come out and then was distracted by other dramas. Since then I just haven't 'felt' like picking it up.

Cat Street - I'm fanatical about the manga. I really really dislike the characters and how they mesh my favorite character. I've been stuck on this one for about 9 months now but since I've only got like 2 episodes left I'll finish soon.

Voice - so far I'm not sold on it but I'm only 2 episodes in, I've just got other dramas I'd prefer to finish first.

First Kiss - I've been on episode 3 for about 2 months. The story is fine but for some reason the guy that plays the brother just disgusts me, it's probably a personal thing but I find him repulsive...

Gokusen (the first one) - eh just found more interesting dramas to watch, I'll finish soon.

Dramas I shouldn't have finished --

Stand Up!! - just didn't really enjoy it.

Yamada Taro Monogatari - I promise it's not because I dislike Ninomiya, I like him in other things. This drama just seemed so low budget, I thought the main girl was really irritating and unattractive. As for the rest of the cast, they were just so stiff and the guy that played Nino's dad irritated me.

Proposal Daisakusen - Painful to watch. Too much of Yamapi's emotionless fish-eyes (for some reason I find him more attractive in Nobuta than this) - seriously his range of facial expressions was probably limited to just two. Never mind that it was boring to watch the same crap happen over and over again, if they wanted to share that story then they should have not made some ridiculous premise.

In all honesty I probably shouldn't have finished Goong or YAB but for some reason I'm seriously in love with both of them yet feel completely retarded when I try to explain them to non-drama people as well as why I like them, lmao. I don't love Jotei like I do YAB or Goong but it's like a dirty pleasure, on one hand it was so god awful horrible on the other hand that's why I enjoyed it - haha.

taylor

Post by taylor » Apr 25th, '10, 07:06

Boys Over Flowers. I can't stand Jandi's character and her face. I only watch until episode 5... I think. If it weren't for JiHoo's character, I couldn't stand it.

sizuka

Post by sizuka » Apr 25th, '10, 08:34

Goong... The Painter of the Wind... Thank you...

I don't think I will be able to finish it.. Hate it when there is so many scene they keep on talking... talking.. and talking without so many action on it.. :crazy:

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Apr 25th, '10, 13:30

Lots of them, it's like a disease actually^^
K-dramas:
Exhibition of firework: too boring? I just couldn't see the point anymore after 10 episodes
Great inheritance: well, yes, no. No more interest after 5 episodes.
Tamra the island: I know there is something good in it, but I didn't have the patience to wait for ep 5 or 6.
Soulmate: no because it was bad, but because it was sooooo good! I wanted to take my time enjoying it and life got me... I still have to finish watching it , it's been 3 years now I think...
Mawang the devil: same reason stated above^^
There is more but I'm lazy
J-dramas:
First kiss: boring
Kamisama mou sukoshi dake: didn't want to cry
stand up: boring
Taiyou no uta: got tired
Tatta hitotsu no koi: wasn't in the mood for a romeojuliet kind of story after all
Arifureta kiseki: it's quite good, but life got me again
And many , many more, but I'm still lazy, I've seen an awful lot of dramas since I got addicted back in 2005^^
T-Dramas:
Tokyo juliet: ouch! So bad...
It started with a kiss 2: I'd rather watch the first one again
Magicians of love: oh my so ridiculously funny and over the top, I chose not to watch the whole thing.
Devil beside you: I'm immune, i don't know why
Delicious relationship: too slow!
And many more!! Still lazy though^^
I like procrastinating it seems, maybe too much^^

Ryutarou

Post by Ryutarou » Apr 25th, '10, 13:44

J-dramas:

Hokaben
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
LIAR GAME
Proposal Daisakusen
Hana Yori Dango 2
Orthros no Inu
Yasuko to Kenji

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 25th, '10, 21:28

This is Kdrama thread, just to kindly remind^^

Does skipping the episodes count? If so, BOF. Even LMH didn't save it.

djinni

Post by djinni » Apr 28th, '10, 13:22

Heading To The Ground- even Go Ah Ra couldnt save that piece of manure.

wndrswan

Hong Gil Dong

Post by wndrswan » May 10th, '10, 20:50

Hong Gil Dong- started funny ended horribly
Finished Boys over Flowers via Skipping alot of lame scenes

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 10th, '10, 20:58

Mianhada, Saranghanda - Sorry I love you ...don't know but found it more boring than sad : x
Hello! Miss ..dropped after 10 eps.