Take Care of the Young Lady / Lady Castle (KBS2, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
LaLaLaDRAMA

Take Care of the Young Lady / Lady Castle (KBS2, 2009)

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 5th, '09, 00:34

I didn't see any discussion on this new upcoming drama, so I decided to start one.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Take_Care_of_the_Young_Lady

Is anyone else excited for this drama? When I heard that YEH was going to play this rich, beautiful heiress, I was scratching my head a little because to me, she isn't whatt I would normally consider a striking beauty. She has more of that average but cute girl next door vibe. But I saw the recent promo pictures, and I have to say, she actually impressed me! I think she can actually pull this off! So I'm very happy since she's a good actress. I also think that somebody should go update her picture on dramawiki. It does not do her justice! I cringe everytime I see that pic. I would do it, but I don't know how.

So the leading guy is a bit too old don't you think? Why is she always being paired with guys much older than her?

Anyways, hopefully this series won't disappoint.

Do you know if any group is going to be subbing this series?

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by isabelh2o2 » Aug 5th, '09, 00:53

Do you know if any group is going to be subbing this series?
It is on the list of possible future projects on WithS2's web page. I hope they do, because I like their subbing.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 6th, '09, 06:43

Oo! great to know a group is planning on subbing it! I can't wait.

Does anybody know if there is a different forum or something that everyone goes to for Kdrama discussions? I feel like it isn't as lively as the jdrama sections?

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Aug 6th, '09, 07:06

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:Oo! great to know a group is planning on subbing it! I can't wait.

Does anybody know if there is a different forum or something that everyone goes to for Kdrama discussions? I feel like it isn't as lively as the jdrama sections?
Soompi? It's a pretty big forum to discuss Korean pop culture so Kdramas included. Just give it a quick google. (unless you already know about it... :unsure: )

NoRefund

Post by NoRefund » Aug 6th, '09, 20:42

Yeah I came across this myself when looking up new and upcoming dramas.. it's such a shame that I don't get any of the drama channels from Korea or else Aug 19th I'd def. be in front of the TV haha.. but then again, I wouldn't be able to understand the majority of it without subs so we'll have to wait for these awesome subbers like With S2 haha. Going to be looking forward to Yoon Eun Hye in her comeback drama!

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 7th, '09, 05:48

peachydomo wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:Oo! great to know a group is planning on subbing it! I can't wait.

Soompi? It's a pretty big forum to discuss Korean pop culture so Kdramas included. Just give it a quick google. (unless you already know about it... :unsure: )
Thanks! I guess I will check it out. I am so surprised that this drama isn't being hyped here.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 7th, '09, 05:54

NoRefund wrote:Yeah I came across this myself when looking up new and upcoming dramas.. it's such a shame that I don't get any of the drama channels from Korea or else Aug 19th I'd def. be in front of the TV haha.. but then again, I wouldn't be able to understand the majority of it without subs so we'll have to wait for these awesome subbers like With S2 haha. Going to be looking forward to Yoon Eun Hye in her comeback drama!
Yea, I would also need the subs to understand it. I am so thankful of the subbers!! So I guess for people like us.. the drama will officially begin around the 26th of August? since we have to wait for the subs? I really hope they pick this series up!

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Aug 7th, '09, 06:08

Well I too am definitely looking forward to this drama. YEH comeback? YES! But I probably won't watch it until it's finished airing since I've gotten used to watching each episode one after another.

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by isabelh2o2 » Aug 7th, '09, 06:11

Does anybody know if there is a different forum or something that everyone goes to for Kdrama discussions?
Try Dramabeans.com. It has current drama news, episode recaps, and very enthusiastic discussion of Korean dramas. It is a good place to get ideas for which drama to watch next.

MaiMunky

Yay!

Post by MaiMunky » Aug 17th, '09, 11:05

:) I'm kind of late on the news but I'm glad I found out. I can't wait. I love YEH in Coffee Prince and especially Goong, Yoon Sang Hyun in To Marry a Millionaire and Moon Chae Won in Painter of the Wind. :)

ammorah

Post by ammorah » Aug 18th, '09, 14:08

OMG :XD
gonna 2 watch it shure=] :wub:

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 21st, '09, 22:33

Thank you everyone for the forum recommendations! I will for sure check them out. Anyways, have anyone here seen the 1st episode? I've been caught up with school lately so I think I will be seeing this when school ends. Hopefully all the subs will be completed by then.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Aug 22nd, '09, 12:03

I've been looking for torrent files of ep1 and ep2 ental version.

ANYONE? :|

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Aug 22nd, '09, 13:46

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Aug 22nd, '09, 20:23

^ I can't.

That's why I'm asking for torrent files...

resident:alien

Post by resident:alien » Aug 26th, '09, 04:37

I can't wait for someone to start subbing this and hopefully we get blu ray quality picture via HD raw rips (would love 1080p but be okay with 720p-will donations to the subbing group help? :D ).

After watching Coffee Prince, I want to see more of YEH; her acting is dynamic and only will progress.

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by isabelh2o2 » Aug 26th, '09, 05:03

WithS2 has released the subtitles for the first episode. Look on their web page http://withs2.com/projects/ and use the link given under "comments" on the right side of the page.

TaroTard

Post by TaroTard » Aug 29th, '09, 00:47

I am really loving this show so far! I have been watching it on viikii with subs as it is released and now the downloads are ready I've downloaded it and now I can watch it as much as I want XD
I have seen 3 eps so far and gosh I'm really loving this show, can't wait for 4 ^0^
HN x DC <3333

FArAZ0990

Post by FArAZ0990 » Aug 29th, '09, 00:54

haruna_hamasaki wrote:^ I can't.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=270923
scroll down to it until you see the link... :mrgreen:

kroohng2x

Post by kroohng2x » Sep 13th, '09, 08:19

Is there torrent files for Ental version of this series? I've been looking here and at Soompi but can't find any. :(

@FArAZ0990: I can only see the diret download for ENtal in the link you posted...

EDIT: NVM. I found it. :P Thanks a LOT!

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Sep 22nd, '09, 21:13

FArAZ0990 wrote:
haruna_hamasaki wrote:^ I can't.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=270923
scroll down to it until you see the link... :mrgreen:
Do I have to register as member? Oh, s***!

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Sep 23rd, '09, 00:46

You can find the torrents links here http://www.box.net/shared/jufg2f002q at cute girl's box.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Sep 26th, '09, 14:21

Megaupload files here
http://silentregrets.com/incomplete-kdr ... castle.php

I was a bit sceptical about this show, but it isn't too bad. Strategically skipping the annoying/silly bits is also helpful.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '09, 14:11

aimlesswanderer wrote:Strategically skipping the annoying/silly bits is also helpful.
And I thought I was the only one doing this, heh:)

Omelete

Post by Omelete » Sep 28th, '09, 15:06

TaroTard wrote:I am really loving this show so far! I have been watching it on viikii with subs as it is released and now the downloads are ready I've downloaded it and now I can watch it as much as I want XD
I have seen 3 eps so far and gosh I'm really loving this show, can't wait for 4 ^0^
HN x DC <3333
I also watch from viikii, even translate it lol. but the saddest part is there is no subtitle after I had downloaded it from viiki ,what should I do T_T

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Oct 2nd, '09, 18:21

Going Good :thumright: :thumleft:

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 4th, '09, 12:17

Ethlenn wrote:
aimlesswanderer wrote:Strategically skipping the annoying/silly bits is also helpful.
And I thought I was the only one doing this, heh:)
I am glad that at least one girl is skipping parts as well! Hooray for less silliness!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 4th, '09, 15:41

Cheers to you as well:))

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 6th, '09, 05:04

Can't wait for all episodes to be subbed :))

foxyapple7

Post by foxyapple7 » Oct 12th, '09, 15:45

woots! just finished watching this online!!!

just cant get enough of it!!! hahahahah!!!

i am downloading it to watch it again and again!! love all their dressing and i like that old chap Yoon Sang Hyeon (윤상현). he is old but he has certain charm! LOL! :mrgreen:

THANK YOU TO WITHS2!

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 14th, '09, 07:49

Watched the last eps last night. I am entirely unsurprised that they ended up together, and that Tae Yoon and Eu Joo did too. I was a little disappointed actually that we only saw them together for a tiny while right at the end, after all the shenanigans up to that point. I thought they looked great together.

There were a few things which really bugged me, times when logic, common sense and intelligence seemed to vanish completely.

- Seoul's international airport (Inchon?) must have the dodgiest security in the developed world, if a guy can literally carry a woman off from the main terminal, while security (if there is any) and passers by just stand around. Twice even!

- A large portion (or even a majority) of the "family company", which the Chairman "had built up from scratch", would likely be owned by him (or his successor as named in his will-Hae Na presumably), so most if not all of the feral directors could have been voted out, since directors have to be voted in by shareholders. So, while you don't want to go around needlessly annoying the directors, if they go feral they can be gotten rid of. Is company law so different in South Korea, or is it just the script writers?

- Hae Na says near the end that her uncle (?) is the "only person who shares her blood", but what about her cousins? Her uncle's kids should count too, right?

- Hae Na had been told by her grandpa to do what makes her happy, but instead she chooses to go overseas and study by herself? Err, WTF? I suppose that meant that she could be kidnapped (at least she was not against it this time around) again from the airport, but still, it just seems bizarre.

- I suppose it makes things run more smoothly, but it's weird that Hae Na, despite having red hair and being allegedly really famous is hardly recognised at all, especially since she makes absolutely no attempt to disguise herself.

- the amount of "I'm leaving now" and "I'm back now" is astonishing for what is apparently a time frame of 4 months or less!

- Director Kang, his wife and daughter are so overly but vacuously evil that it is not comedic but sad. I guess that is why the little kid is so mature and smart, in complete contrast to the rest of his family, but their silliness seemed way excessive. They weren't even concerned about the Chairman (their relative presumably) dying, and seemed happy that this sped up their getting their grubby hands on the company.
This was the first series I'd seen with Yoon Eun Hye, and I thought that she was impressive, not to mention beautiful.

A big thank you to the subbers!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 14th, '09, 19:15

aimlesswanderer, yes there are some unlogical things but that`s something that drama just can`t live without.

Now I`ve seen all Yoon Eun Hye`s dramas. All of them were great, totally recomend them(Goong, The Vineyard man, Coffee prince and Take care of the young lady. She is in Rainbow romance too but not as main actress).

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 15th, '09, 13:40

Yeah, I know, but I find that as I age (and I watch more series) I am less tolerant of the silliness and illogicality. Hence I tend to watch the more serious, less silly series, though it is generally not possible to make entertainment without some dubious plot devices and such!

Oh well, for all its faults (and thanks to the ability to skip parts!) this series was enjoyable. And YEH actually looks good with red hair.

munira86

Post by munira86 » Jan 14th, '10, 08:34

the torrent file is not available.sigh~

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 14th, '10, 15:37

aimlesswanderer wrote:Yeah, I know, but I find that as I age (and I watch more series) I am less tolerant of the silliness and illogicality. Hence I tend to watch the more serious, less silly series, though it is generally not possible to make entertainment without some dubious plot devices and such!

Oh well, for all its faults (and thanks to the ability to skip parts!) this series was enjoyable. And YEH actually looks good with red hair.
I agree with you. I don`t like that silliness. But I think that YEH looked better with black hair.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 16th, '10, 11:16

Neliets wrote:I agree with you. I don`t like that silliness. But I think that YEH looked better with black hair.
Hooray for a fellow fan of sensible dramas! :D

Eh, well, I have seen pics of YEH with black hair, and she doesn't look as nice. Normally though I think it's best if you don't fiddle around with your natural hair colour, but there are always exceptions.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 16th, '10, 20:43

I was pleased when it lasted, but even in that time I thought there is something wrong with this drama. It is overrated. YEH was far better in Coffee Prince or Goong. I enjoyed YSH though. He carried his role pleasantly.
And YEH looks better with black hair, if that matters :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 17th, '10, 00:38

aimlesswanderer wrote:
Neliets wrote:I agree with you. I don`t like that silliness. But I think that YEH looked better with black hair.
Hooray for a fellow fan of sensible dramas! :D

Eh, well, I have seen pics of YEH with black hair, and she doesn't look as nice. Normally though I think it's best if you don't fiddle around with your natural hair colour, but there are always exceptions.
I`ve seen all her dramas(except Rainbow Romance where she has a tiny role) and I can say that black is definitely better. To be honest, I don`t like her in pictures at all. But she looks so good in dramas.

Ethlenn, Goong and Coffee Prince are one of the best dramas out there. Not every drama she stars in has to be one of the best.

To be honest, I`m starting to feel that something is really becoming wrong in dramas. I can`t really tell what but there is something that makes them not as good as, I`d say, classics like Goong, My Girl, I am SAM(no matter what you say, I count this as one of the best too) and Coffee Prince(not really that much classic but this drama is great). Or I`m not as passioned as I was when I started to watch kdramas.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 16:12

I think Chuno will turn everything around. The technique used to shoot it, the actors and script (although I'm concerned it ends tragically) is soo good. It has some disturbing images also, but everything's perfect.

jasmine33

Post by jasmine33 » Feb 12th, '10, 18:36

hi,
does anyone know where can i watch online with Eng sub or where can i download all 16 ep??
I've tried going to mysouju but it does not work..

Can anyone help me???

Thanks very much...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 12th, '10, 18:51

Here, or at silentregrets.com

jasmine33

Post by jasmine33 » Feb 13th, '10, 05:08

Ethlenn wrote:Here, or at silentregrets.com
thanks so much... i will go try.. :)

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 2nd, '10, 16:25

I watched this drama because Yoon Eun Hye was in it and i really enjoyed it though i liked Coffe Prince and Goong better , i've got to watch The Vineyard Man now but i was wondering if it is worth watching , what do you think? is it better than this drama?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 16:35

It's different, not so hectic as this one, but rather slower. I liked it though.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 2nd, '10, 16:37

riki_kun wrote:I watched this drama because Yoon Eun Hye was in it and i really enjoyed it though i liked Coffe Prince and Goong better , i've got to watch The Vineyard Man now but i was wondering if it is worth watching , what do you think? is it better than this drama?
Worth watching, in my humble opinion.

wintermute

Post by wintermute » May 10th, '10, 03:30

jasmine33 wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Here, or at silentregrets.com
thanks so much... i will go try.. :)
For anyone who still needs this, you can get all the episodes in 720p here: http://holden740.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-fair-lady.html

The files are split into 100 MB chunks, but if you use JDownloader, you can automate the downloading/merging. The episode 10 WITHS2 subtitles will be out of sync (since they were timed to the standard definition episode), so this guy has uploaded a retimed version to MU; it's at the bottom of his post.

If you want SD, just search Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=take.car ... upload.com

Replace with the episode number you want.

And WITHS2 has the subs: http://withs2.com/view/lady-castle/
Last edited by wintermute on Jun 28th, '10, 19:56, edited 3 times in total.

nadyasweet

Post by nadyasweet » Jun 21st, '10, 01:11

got torrent?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '10, 06:47

Here? All the episodes? Godss, look around...