You're Beautiful (SBS, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '10, 13:03

Even School 4?? Gods, you're determined, keke.
Start watching movies then :mrgreen:
I keep eye on the news and I will try to post what I find:)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 6th, '10, 13:18

ummmm, no School 4 because he would waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to young for my age to watch.
it's already a massive age gap between us and i do feel so /weird/embaressed to be liking him in this age (i am one of noonas, did i get it right? sorry. my ears just getting used to korean language :P ) and he is SOOO young. but because he always seems much older and mature than his real age, i tend to forget how old he really is and continue fangirling him. :pale:
i mean i watched his last 4 dramas and movies :P
there is something about JGS that attracts you to him and you never want to let go. :wub: i never thought it will happens to me as soon as i saw him in YAB.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 6th, '10, 16:19

He has charm. His experssions, body language etc are simply very attractive. Yong Hwa and Hong Ki are very handsome too. Maybe even more than Geun Seok. I mean more male-model, magazine cover type of handsome. Still, GS is somehow more appealing than them. It's that special something some people have that attracts others.

I've just started YB again with my mom. It's our 6th or 7th time. Lol. I can't let go! Ahaha.

I've watched other stuff with GS too and in most of them, he's the only element that makes them awesome. Very talented young man, indeed. Aside from his looks, that is.

It was actually very funny how I "found" him again. I was browsing the asiatorrents blog and I saw the poster from "The Case of the Itaewon Homicide". I thought "This guy looks baad.. I like him...." so I downloaded the movie and YB. Watched YB first. After a while and after having seen some of his works, I found out he was the mute guy in Chakushin Ari Final! I hadn't realised it was him!

I watched only like the last 5 minutes of the movie in 2006 or so and he caught my attention. I googled him back then and found out it was "some korean guy" who had done nothing else. I remember thinking "He'll probably just disappear like many young talents... Too bad though cause it took only a few minutes of him on screen not even talking to move me. He's got something special".

I had completely forgotten about him! :lol I almost fell off my chair when I realised he was that mute boy I had been impressed by. Needless to say, I feel SO proud to have noticed he had something special, not to mention happy that he DID become well-known and even more awesome. :thumleft:

I've been watching the behind the scenes stuff. Hong Ki is a sweetie. He's a lot like Jeremy. Always clinging to people (GS mostly, lol) and eating. Ahaha. Yong Hwa also seems quite calm. Mischievious, but calm. The one that's world of different is GS though. For such a childish cheerful guy, he can sure look pissed and serious as Tae Kyung. Excellent actor. Haha!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '10, 23:31

Chakushin Ari Final! was such a baaad movie, I managed to watch it just because I was hoping for more scenes with GS. But the last scene outside the building just was not right. He was the best part in this really bad movie ( don't stone me, but I think there is a huge difference in the level of Korean and Japanese actors, especially the young ones, and not in the favor of Nihonjin).
And The Case of Itaewon just dragged me to hell. I saw it on the festival in summer and I was like: "good grief, he's brilliant!". And it was his second movie with Jeong Jin Yeong (the first one was Happy life). Good, strong movie.

And as he said not so long ago, he's planning to take a short break (he deserves this more than anybody), and maybe in the future drama/movie he will play a love interest with older woman.

Eh, 근석아...

And I don't think any of the cast could do such a tremendous job. He was like an engine that gave the drama its energy, pacing, emotions. For me, Jung Yong Hwa is not a leader type of actor, not yet, and Hong Ki is cute, but not in the same actor class as GS. Locomotive of this drama - that was his part was like. And he managed it great!

And I could be his noona (누나) as well...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 7th, '10, 00:10

to be honest, i watched YAB just for sake of watching TK character and how will evolve in this story. as i said before, all my life, all i watched was Jmovies and Jdramas and never thought of watching Kdramas.
so many friends told me to try but i was so comfortable with my J-entertainment. for some reason (that i call it fate :P ) i started to watch YAB. i just wanted to try a kdrama so stop people saying to me "if you have not seen a single k-drama, how can say they are not as good as J ones" and to it was fair enough.

so i just picked a kdrama that kept reading its name on ljs, d-a and other places. not to mention that i had a secret crush on someone's sigi sometimes ago and i started laughing as soon as i found out it was chang hui from HGD. did not know that i knew JGS from sometimes ago without me knwoing it. do i make any sense in here? 8)

I read on soompi that the whole YAB was suppose to be based on MN and how everything changed and got based on TK as soon as he entered the story. maybe it's ture but as the same person mention, GMN character is not such a complicated or even interesting character. you like her through TK character and her intereaction with him. it's because his character is so unique and well written and well portrayed that makes YAB such a great drama.

i have to admit that i don't like weak female characters in a dramas. same with silly stupid ones that can't notice someone is in love with them for whole 24eps (sorry, but ei noki can't remember her name right, got on my nerve in every single eps and was so happy what happened to her at the end [insert evil laugh in here :P ] because how dump a person can get). MN character was good enough (less annoying than other 3 female leads in JGS dramas) but she also made me angry by comments like "a thing like me" in eps where she was sick and TK take her to hospital. same with her constant apologies when she has not done something wrong. i just think that for a personality like TK, you need a stronger female personality to give more challenges and takes out the best of him.
the only character that made me be so much in love with YAB and then with JGS (because he did the best job ever in making the character come to life) is TK. others were good enough but never as strong and as good as TK. that's why you feel, when it comes to the main person of the story, no other character can out shine TK therefore never get to his level.

i hope he gets a well desrved break and rest after such hard work did in YAB, but i also hope that he feels better very soon and do a new drama because all i want to do is watching him in drama after drama :mrgreen:

sorry for writing too much :lol
ps. thanks again for HJY OST fix. being listening to it since this afternoon :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '10, 00:41

No problem:)

You got my point! If HTK wasn't such an adamant character, this drama would have never reached the craziness it got. To be honest, I haven't come across such character. Tae Kyung seems selfish, cold and as far from nice as possible, but in fact, he is the most complicated character ever. He has his dark side consuming him, his fears overwhelming him, his phobias strangling him. He has nothing except music. His own mother hates him (I just hate Mo Hwa Ran, really, I do not pity her, and I do not think Tae Kyung forgave her in the end), everybody thinks he's a jerk. But the truth is he's just a broken child.
I am fascinated by this character, not to mention the way GS portrayed him. If it was for a less talented actor, Tae Kyung might ended up as a total jerk without a bit to like, or as a sentimental type. He was neither. He got the whole spectrum of emotions (his facial expressions are priceless).
I know that MN was supposed to be the center, but it simply shifted to TK. Because of power of his character. Besides, his part was written especially for him, there was no other candidate for the role of TK. (thanx gods of frozen mountains, he rejected BOF project, I don't like this drama, and I'm grateful for him to do that)

About haircuts: GS hated the one from the first 4 episodes, with hisface covered, he said that he is supposed to play using his face, eyes, and with that haircut it is impossible, because it makes the face invisible, keke.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 7th, '10, 03:32

He's taking a break? Had no idea. Is he doing it to study more or something? He's not sick, is he? *terror*

If he's healthy, he can take as big a break as he likes. We'll all be waiting for him. :thumleft:

He also needs to get his weight back. He doesn't look too bad n YAB, but he had a to-die-for body in Beethoven Virus.

So eat up and rest up GS cause we expect greater things in the future!
:cheers:

P.S: About the noona thing, I prefer men slightly older than me, but with this one I forgot about my "rule" completely. Ahaha. Well, I'm only 8 months older, but still. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '10, 08:24

He collapsed and was taken to the hospital on the last day on the set (2009-11-26), from overwork but now everything seems fine. but he did so many appearances, that his health still needs a recovery.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 7th, '10, 13:31

Holy! :blink

Man, people shouldn't be made to work that hard. Oh the poor boy. Heck, we can survive a while without him, but the man can't survive without rest. Rest up, you wonderful man! Rest up! :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '10, 22:43

And Jung Yong Hwa is making the appearance in the Hunters.
http://www.allkpop.com/2009/11/preview_ ... g_yong_hwa
And soompi thread:
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=323273
If somebody is interested. Although I disliked his character in YAB, he's a one nice guy :mrgreen:
And getting more and more attention. Good for him! 아자!화이팅! (Aja! Hwaiting!)
Attachments
hunters.jpg
hunters.jpg (48.42 KiB) Viewed 3866 times

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 9th, '10, 04:54

sorry for being lazy in looking around for answers.. but i have a question...
will the dvdrip of You're Beautiful be available when the dvd is out?
Im asking because I wanted to download YAB now but i read somewhere ( I forgot where, prolly here too) that the DVD version will be better? like the director re-editted it..
so Im torn on whether I should DL the series now or just wait for the dvdrips (w/c Im not sure if it will be available or not)
every file is 700mb and that's heavy..so i dont wanna waste time downloading it if DVDrip will be available later :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '10, 08:38

Well, the DVD would be DVD quality so if you have an HDTV, it's SO worth it getting the series in HD where it's available for download.

The preorder DVD everyone's been talking about will be out around Feb or March and we don't even know how long it will take after that for someone to upload that version of the series (with the extra scenes and all).

I think you should just download it now, cause it's worth it. You can do it with the jdramas links which are megaupload and that way you can download each episode piece by piece. If you're afraid your connection might fail you during a larger file download.

I guess it depends in how long you want to wait. :-)

Ethlenn, I actually really like Shin Woo. He's being very mature about all that's happening and he didn't once try and steal her by force or ruin things for them. He was trying to do what was good for the band AND Mi Nyu and the situation wasn't easy for him either. And yes, he looks like a nice guy. He isn't as cheerful and energetic as Hong Ki or Geun Seok (how much sugar do they feed those boys?lol), but when the right moment arrives for a joke, he's right there with em. Haha. I had a blast watching the behind the scenes stuff!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '10, 08:52

Download links are all here, on d-addicts, no point in getting unstable megaupload (although sometimes we get along keke).

I thought Shin Woo was a little bit selfish. "If I can't have that girl, you won't have her either". for me that was his attitude. Like in ep. 15 when he prevented her from seeing Tae Kyung. Why? She was hurt, TK was hurt, I think it would be ok if she saw him. But, on the other hand, it was an argument in ep. 16 in the dressing room, when he made TK to realize his feelings.
Still, I'm still unsure if I like that kind of character. He was always waiting for a perfect moment, waiting outside the door, staring at it, and in the same time Tae Kyung was doing something. That's the main difference: Shin Woo was patient in a quiet way, and Tae Kyung was patient in a rush way.
Well, I'm on withdrawal, I could write a book...
But you have some good points, Orion1986 :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '10, 09:59

as i am on withdrawal here too, i think i write my point of view about shin woo too. :lol
at first, i like SW because he was gentle and considerate to MN. he found that she was a girl but did not approach her like TK. he let it be and waited how things will turn out. not to mention that he was/kept always nice to her.
but unlike TK he never had the courage to speak loud about his feeling. he always left it till next chance and that did not come because TK realised it before him.
TK was confused with his feeling towards MN and kept questioning himself and tried to make sure of it in so many ways. once he was sure, he did not care about anything else. but with SW even though he was sure about his feeling, he still kept quiet.
i always loved his gentle quiet side. but what i liked more was TK hidden gentle side that no one knew about. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '10, 10:31

Issy wrote:but what i liked more was TK hidden gentle side that no one knew about. :wub:
Exactly! TK seemed cold and harsh, but his reactions and face could soften in any moment, like by the piano when he perceived MN was crying, his voice and face changed in a blink of an eye.

I won't change it, I don't fall for a character like Shin Woo. By being gentle, no one has ever achieved anything. Sometimes one needs to be sharp.

But the character I enjoyed in a pure entertaining way was Jeremy. He was so sweetly chaotic and confused, keke
:mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '10, 10:44

Ethlenn wrote: Still, I'm still unsure if I like that kind of character. He was always waiting for a perfect moment, waiting outside the door, staring at it, and in the same time Tae Kyung was doing something. That's the main difference: Shin Woo was patient in a quiet way, and Tae Kyung was patient in a rush way.
I think if you read his character write up, you might understand a bit more? I suppose he's not everyone's cup of tea.
He has soft and handsome face like his name. but, it is only image, his reality is that he feel nothing about anything. He looks like smile to anybody, but , really, he never smile to anybody. A prince who has no heart. If we say Tae Kyung is sensitive elementary boy, Shin Woo is old man who already spent his life.

If we say Tae Kyung has sensitiveness as an artist, then Shin Woo has keenness as a businessman. He is a man of ambition who dreams entertain business rather than become an artist.

http://allkoreandrama.com/?p=1949
I don't think he really liked GMN at first even though they met first. He just wanted some amusement to see how she would hide herself to fit in. He always kept watch so his "amusement" wouldn't disappear. But somehow a long the way, he started liking her. He wasn't in a hurry to tell her his feeling because he thought she felt comfortable with TK and not in love with him (she slept in the same room with him). He always wanted to create the right moment to tell her his feelings because he's afraid of rejection. So he wanted to do it perfectly so when he announces his feelings, she will be moved and fall in love with him. However it also ends up too slow and with too many obstacles in the way. TK is a straight forward guy. He goes after what he wants. Hence SW seems lame for being such a slow poke.

I think the Hong sisters wrote him pretty well. He never once cried, that would make him more lame. He never tried did anything back handed to force her hand. The only attempt he did do somewhat forcefully was hug her and tell her his feelings. He wanted a chance to express his feelings too. Even if it's a failed attempt. She's pretty dense. He gave her so many hints but she never picked up on any. You gotta tell her straight or she won't get it. I think it was a double edge sword too with TK looking at them. It was sort of a challenge. I'm going after the girl I like. If you like her just as much, you should make a move too.

What turned into typical kdrama writing was in the end when everyone gave advice to TK to tell to go after GMN. I kind of get irritated when they do that. I would have preferred if TK made his own decisions instead of having to be swayed by others opinions.
Last edited by seirin on Jan 9th, '10, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 9th, '10, 10:52

thanks for the info!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '10, 11:05

Yes, I read it, I saw some interview with Hong sisters explaining his character also, but still...
And I don't mind TK being told to get after girl. He was sometimes so unbelievably closed to his own feelings, that he needed a shock therapy. It was something like that. He couldn't believe his own judgment so he needed others points of view.
Jung Yong Hwa did a great job not portraying a pansy (sorry), but a guy who fell in love with a girl who is blind to his love. Still, as you mentioned, not everybody's cup of tea. Not mine, just wrote my opinion. Yes, he was gentle, well mannered, but obviously slow. And MN was out from nunnery, she knew nothing about the hints he gave her. Heck, she couldn't notice the confession TK gave her in 12th episode (permission to like)!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '10, 11:49

Well, actually TK's not everyone cup of tea either ^^; I think he's a nice guy if you get to know him. But he's too bossy. He seems like the traditional guy "I talk you listen. Don't speak back" type. I've lived with that type of guy all my life. My dad is one. Irritates the hell out of me.

As for GMN mistaking TK's confession. If I was in her position and liked the guy. Although I understood his feelings I would do the same thing she did LOL Because with that type of guy. It would be heaven or hell. If you recognize his confession you would be in heaven. But if he turns around and makes a joke out of it. It would turn into hell. Rejection hurts. The safe way would be, just accept what he says and pretend nothing happened and see if it goes any further later and wait until he says it bluntly.

Dang, I think I just described myself as the Shin Woo type LOL

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '10, 12:12

You're right in some point :mrgreen:
But sometimes I had the urgent need to grab her, shake, and say: "You little blind girl, can you not see all of this?!". Hye Yi said to her once, when she discovered MN's feelings for TK: "when he's nice, you're in heaven...". Even with his temper, he has guts and is willing to throw everything in pursue of something.
Still, her naive and pure attitude lessened my anger.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '10, 12:31

I agree about Shin Woo being too scared. He always tried to tell her, but just gave up too easily after each failed attempt. Like many said, he wasn't brave enough to act on his feelings. TK may be an idiot who can't even figure himself out, but when he does get it, he goes to great lengths to do what's right or what he needs to do.

TK is a very difficult person, but has more passion and courage than SW.

SW might have the smarts, but he was too scared to really go for it. He did do it eventually and also told TK off at the last episode cause he knows first hand what happens when you let your fear or pride stop you from doing what you should.

I like SW though cause even though he did try to "charm" GMN, he didn't try and ruin things for her either. And about what was said about the times he didn't exactly push her in TK arms, well, do you blame him?

What guy who likes a girl would offer her up to someone else? Most guys wouldn't give a rat's...you know what about the other guy and some wouldn't even care about the girl's feelings. I think SW was right by TK and GMN also. He treared TK with respect even if he was a rival, he treated the band and the group with respect and Mi Nyu also.

TK was very good to him as well and it just feels like these two guys have mutual respect despite their rivalry in love. I really liked that about their relationship.

Also, for a guy who's never acted, Yong Hwa nailed the part. He doesn't have a facial expression based role and some people might mistake that as bad acting, but it takes some great skill to convey emotions without radically changing expressions. One small change in his eyes or face and you can tell right away what he's thinking.

There are some people who have expressionless faces and can't convey emotion and there are even people with a variety of expressions that still can't generate emotion, but his face and acting was absolutely wonderful.

I.e, anyone here seen "DoReMiFaSoLaSiDo"? GS character's rival there was as warm as an ice cube. Handsome handsome fellow, but no emotion whatsoever... Like the korean Keanu Reeves... :lol

So I think what Yong Hwa did with the part was awesome. It's just that with Geun Seok around, no one can seem good enough since the man is such a gifted actor :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '10, 19:30

I agree as a newcomer he was good portraying Shin Woo, and sign with my all four limbs under your post :mrgreen:
Let's see how his career progresses, but as for now, he focuses on his band ( I placed the links somewhere).
JGS was like a sun GMN was talking about in the drama. He outshined everyone.

And good you mentioned DoReMi... , I was thinking that maybe there is something wrong with me, but I find it the same way. And comparing him to Keanu Reeves is award winning! Heck, you have the imagination!

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 10th, '10, 01:05

Orion1986 wrote:Well, the DVD would be DVD quality so if you have an HDTV, it's SO worth it getting the series in HD where it's available for download.

The preorder DVD everyone's been talking about will be out around Feb or March and we don't even know how long it will take after that for someone to upload that version of the series (with the extra scenes and all).

I think you should just download it now, cause it's worth it. You can do it with the jdramas links which are megaupload and that way you can download each episode piece by piece. If you're afraid your connection might fail you during a larger file download.

I guess it depends in how long you want to wait. :-) !
Thanks Orion1986 :D
I'll DL it at jdramas@LJ comm :-)
I wanted to buy the DVD but my I alotted my money for other stuff.. oh well :roll
Thanks again :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 10th, '10, 18:21

OK, I came across YAB script, but the pages are in Korean, so small guidelines, yorobun!
Page with the script:
http://www.20woo.com/
Page with program for reading the files:
http://www.haansoft.com/hnc/down/down_v ... y=NVIHNV07

First, program, it is easy, click on the image of small disquette, and you're done.

YAB script:
1.Click on the 영화대본 at the top left side
2. Scroll down page. Slightly above Google search there is another search bar, type, or copy: 미남이시네요, hit "find it"
3. See:
[re] 미남이시네요 대본 구합니다. [5], click on it.
4. There's a line: File #1 미남이시네요.zip (1.37 MB) Download : 697
Click on the file name, and voila!
This is zipped file, unzip it when you download it.

Have fun.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 10th, '10, 21:50

@Ethlenn and Seirin
I really enjoyed reading your comments about TK and SW'c character. pitty i was at work and could not take part :-(
seirin wrote: She's pretty dense. He gave her so many hints but she never picked up on any. You gotta tell her straight or she won't get it. I think it was a double edge sword too with TK looking at them. It was sort of a challenge. I'm going after the girl I like. If you like her just as much, you should make a move too.
soo ture of her being dense. he practically described her in every details and she still sould not understand that it was her. and this happened not only once but three times and at the third time he had to spell out for her every word and what and who he meant by them. but to be honest, i am getting used to this kind of charcaters in kdramas. i still need to watch a strong female character that impresses me. but so far every no luck. the most female character that annoyed me was the girl in HGD.

and as for the "i am going after the girl i like" part, in ep15 it was the first time that i did not feel angry and annoyed by SW hugging MN on purpose infront of TK. because he simply got on my nerve by not letting MN to explain and i wanted to feel a bit of her pain too. :P

seirin wrote:What turned into typical kdrama writing was in the end when everyone gave advice to TK to tell to go after GMN. I kind of get irritated when they do that. I would have preferred if TK made his own decisions instead of having to be swayed by others opinions.
that's what i liked him to do too because for a charcater like TK that always calculate everything in his mind and then act on it and never cares what others think or want of him, it is kind of strange to do so. but it also can show that he is a changed man (as MN told him so in the last ep).

ps. @Ethlenn
you chnaged your sigi too? do i sense some comparison going on based on your previous comments :P ? please forgive me because i do not recognise the group at the back (very new to k-drama world) but i do have my guess.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 10th, '10, 22:51

Hi Issy! I thought you'd be busy, yes, I changed it. From left: Coffee Prince, YAB and Hong Gil Dong. My three favorites dramas, but it seems weird, maybe tomorrow I will create a better one.

About the script: it doesn't follow the drama word for word, so be prepared. It is a great help in learning Korean, keke. And pity there are no scripts on the tv websites anymore. Instead, you have to look around, and count on pure luck or coincidence.
If anyone experience any trouble with installing program or reading, contact me:)

About comparing SW and TK, all the reasons stated above were good, but as I am a little bit like TK character (yep, I'm a bada... sometimes), methodological and calculating, I don't like acting the way SW was acting. He was just waiting hoping that by waiting alone, MN realizes his feelings. Hell, she didn't realize TK's feelings although he stated it openly ("keep your focus on me!" is strong enough for me).
I have nothing against Jung Yong Hwa though, hoping for his next drama, if there is a need, I can upload Hunters.
Attachments
For all of us:)
For all of us:)
1020.jpg (249.47 KiB) Viewed 3851 times

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 10th, '10, 23:27

Ethlenn wrote: About comparing SW and TK, all the reasons stated above were good, but as I am a little bit like TK character (yep, I'm a bada... sometimes), methodological and calculating, I don't like acting the way SW was acting. He was just waiting hoping that by waiting alone, MN realizes his feelings. Hell, she didn't realize TK's feelings although he stated it openly ("keep your focus on me!" is strong enough for me).
I have nothing against Jung Yong Hwa though, hoping for his next drama, if there is a need, I can upload Hunters.
Well, I think also difference between SW and TK is TK has never been rejected. He doesn't know what rejection is like. SW on the other hand was rejected once. So he is more careful of another rejection. Also, after giving all those hints and she still didn't pick up, he probably felt like it was a rejection too. He said he felt like he was rejected tons of times even though he never outwardly confessed. TK doesn't know what it feels like to be rejected. No one has done it to him except his mother.

Issy, I think if you want a strong character, you can try "My name is Kim Sam Soon". She's pretty outspoken. Kinda chubby though. She gained weight for her role.

I'm not so hot on coffee prince. I only saw part of it. The girl got on my nerves really badly. I just felt she was a selfish brat. I found her kinda disgusting too...no idea how the guy fell for her. At times I go "ewww"

HGD was pretty funny. The ending sucked big time. I could have done without watching the end. JGS looked pretty there though LOL

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 10th, '10, 23:45

TK has been rejected badly, in the worst way imaginable. It was his mother who, during his entire life, acted coldly. This rejection is even worse than by the person we love (it's because it's Mother). MHR committed a hideous crime, she cut his own son open and sprinkled the wound with salt of hate. Yes, she hated him.
And Shin Woo wasn't exactly rejected because he was not open about his feelings, only hints. And when he opened, he knew he will be rejected, but once again, he was trying to convince MN (at the airport) to start liking him. Rejection would be if he told MN about how he feels, and she said : "Oh, gosh, you know, I can't. I feel nothing for you". The suggestion at the airport wasn't exactly confession.

PS. I didn't think we go that far in this discussion, but it's nice :mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '10, 01:45

Shin Woo's first rejection wasn't MN. He was telling MN the girl who rejected him. The dog story. That was his first rejection. MN would be the second girl rejecting him. I think he would think twice before confessing to a third girl now :P Sometimes it's easier to have someone like you more than you like someone.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '10, 08:50

I'm not sure if that story was true. For me it was rather a parabola of his current situation. He was always like this, describing now and here as then and over there.
You know what they say : only bold gets a beauty (wisdom from Goong, keke)
:mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '10, 09:03

Hmm..not sure. He said she stole one of his secrets. I thought it was an old secret. But I guess it could be new. He did mention GN could call him "oppa" I guess that's like misunderstanding "ke"? Dunno

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '10, 09:16

He was trying her, I guess. He knew already she's a girl, so he was waiting for her reaction. It was strange to me, teasing her like this. He said in on purpose. But it would be better for him if he told her back then he knew about her being a girl. My guess.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '10, 09:42

Well, if he told her, that would end his amusement. He wanted to see how she would get out of situations cuz she's a girl pretending to be a guy. I think at that time, he didn't really have feelings for her. Just teasing her. Kind of like a new toy or pet.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '10, 10:08

Yes, you're right. The "towel-gate" was just for his amusement. There are few scenes that show he was hurt because his scheming wasn't successful. Like episode 5 when GM aunt started to live with them, in the moment of choosing with whom GM should share the room, SW said :"I think there are someone you're more comfortable with", and he said it coldly and with hurt pride (yes, he didn't realize until that very moment that TK could be a rival to him). Second one: after that failed coming out of MN, when they met with Hye Yi, and Hye Yi said that her relationship with TK was just for MN protection. Shin Woo said to himself that he didn't expect that. This shows that his intentions were focused only on him, even not on MN. And since TK was able to act in a serious way towards MN ( I mean he protected her as hard as he could), he developed a strong relationship with her. SW wasn't able to overcome his silent way, and he lost. I see it like that, but maybe I'm wrong.
There few other situations, but I have to go to work, I'll be back around 12 am GMT:) and read your thoughts on it :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '10, 20:17

the thing with SW is the he is a romantic person. he goes all those preparation just to confess his love. the mood for him has to be right. but it does not work all the time this way. as he said, he got rejected even before confessing. specially with girls like MN who is so dense too. he had to spell out his one and every action and words for third times and when he said that i meant you, then she got it.
another reason that i think kept quiet everytime is because he started to realise that some attraction is happening between MN and TK that is getting stronger by each day. that's why he kept asking MN if she asked Tk for help first everytime she came to him.
i am not so sure if the story about being dumped or rejected to be precise is true or just making conversation with MN. but if this ture, then there is more reason for him to feel less confident in speaking loud about his love. he fears the rejection again.
SW was not my cup of tea from the begining but i could not help liking him for his gentlness. sometimes i wondered if he really loved MN for real. i think he did but i don't think as strong as TK. but i still liked his presistance. he never gave up and kept trying to the last minute until he got a bold NO answer from MN.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '10, 22:47

I don't think SW's love for MN was any less than TK. They're just expressed differently. If SW knew the fairy knew about MN's secret and she black mailed him, I'm sure he would have done the same thing as TK did. However SW doesn't know the evil side of the fairy. He didn't see her true self. Only TK accidentally saw her. Also, the fairy approached TK cuz she was interested in him. Not SW. Regarding MN's attraction to TK. I think it's because of their polar personalities. TK has a strong and commanding presence compared to SW's soft and understanding presence. TK can draw stronger feelings in MN ranging from heaven to hell. If someone treats you nice, you won't notice because you know that person will always be nice to you and you feel comfortable. But if someone treats you badly but then suddenly treats you nice. Then you will take notice and try to becareful. Being careful makes you notice that person more. Sometimes bickering / friendly arguments can create bonding emotions (electricity).

Also TK has family problems which could also draw out her sympathy and take notice of him more. There are various factors which would draw MN to him as opposed to SW. Having someone treat you nice all the time is good, but doesn't really create a love bond. I think it would create more of a brotherly bond. If SW told MN from the start he knew she was a girl and SW and TK both had equal footing, I don't know if MN would have picked SW anyway. SW is comfortable to be with, but MN has been living in a convent all her life. Everyone treats her so nice. SW wouldn't be anyone special. However TK always scolding at her then comforting her, so she would notice TK more. She probably hasn't met anyone like him before who could draw such upheavals in her emotions. SW thought MN picking TK's room means she's comfortable with him like a brother, but it was because TK knew her identity. Even if she picked SW's room, I don't think their relationship would develop into love either. He's not extracting the right emotions from her. Silently protecting her isn't enough. He's not creating the flare.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '10, 23:17

The three last sentences are exactly my thoughts! The emotions from SW towards MN were lukewarm. What's more, she didn't consider him as a someone even close to being a lover. But I think SW supposed that TK knows about MN identity, and that made him angry. I like the episode when MN is sick and TK grabs SW's arm in the kitchen. Shin Woo's face after being left alone expresses pure wish for revenge. He knew, and he completed his wish by saying " She's my girl" looking TK in the face. It was like announcing the war. Also the scene in the last episode when MN is drunk. Many have said that SW realized who that drunk fella is, but I think otherwise. He was just looking, maybe thinking why Mi Nam is so drunk, but it was TH who recognized her. Then, I guess, all the SW's emotions have left. His face was like: "I was sitting here, doing nothing, and TK just grabbed her and took care of her. Again." The great moment is when they look at each other for a second, and in the same moment they know who is lying dead drunk. But in the end, he reflected on his love and MN, and perhaps decided that the one thing that Mi Nyu needs is not peaceful love, but true love, which is rocky, but also solid as a rock.
And since TK was sometimes a rock-headed, he needed to be crushed and shocked to realize something.

Gods, I worship the ground Hong sisters walk on. Scripts are great (yep, some flaws, but who cares!)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '10, 23:40

Yes, i thought about it and i think you are right. :P most probably SW love was not any less than TK. as you said, everyone is different in expressing their love.

but i don't think that SW thought MN picking up TK room because she does not think of him as more than sibling. in fact quiet apposite. i thought he was testing the vibes between these two by saying that i think she find some where else is more comfortable for her. specially that he has seeing them together lots of times.

he had a feeling and wanted to make sure. that's why he looked kind of being proven right, when she picked TK room. because he did not want his guess turn out right. (see the sigi :P ) the interesting bit is that, at time she picked TK room, she was just starting to feel something toward him and she did not think that she is falling in love with him. but clearly, SW has being noticing these signs way before her as he is in the place as her in loving someone who is not noticing you at all.

i really enjoyed SW and TK jealousy over thinking that MN loves the other person and both knew she is a girl but had no idea that other person is also aware of this little fact. :lol poor jeremy, he was the only one thinking he is falling in love with a guy.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 09:36

Ethlenn wrote:Also the scene in the last episode when MN is drunk. Many have said that SW realized who that drunk fella is, but I think otherwise. He was just looking, maybe thinking why Mi Nam is so drunk, but it was TH who recognized her. Then, I guess, all the SW's emotions have left. His face was like: "I was sitting here, doing nothing, and TK just grabbed her and took care of her. Again." The great moment is when they look at each other for a second, and in the same moment they know who is lying dead drunk. But in the end, he reflected on his love and MN, and perhaps decided that the one thing that Mi Nyu needs is not peaceful love, but true love, which is rocky, but also solid as a rock.
MN got drunk before they got there and they arrived around the same time? I forgot if SW and Jeremy arrived first or TK arrived first. I just recalled they seemed to leave not long after arriving. SW realized it was MN around the same time as TK because he always observes them. If TK found out, then SW would have found out by looking at them. SW would have found out if he touched MN, but he didn't. TK was the one sitting beside her and touched her. As for him not stopping her. He already realizes she likes TK and doesn't like him back in Okinawa. When she rejected him back then, he had already made his final confession and accepted the truth. So he wouldn't be stopping them at the bar. As long as he knows where she is and she's happy, that's good enough for him. When she disappeared, he was trying hard to find her too by questioning her brother because he was worried about her. Even if she rejected him, he still wanted her to be happy and that's not by running away.
Issy wrote: i don't think that SW thought MN picking up TK room because she does not think of him as more than sibling. in fact quiet apposite. i thought he was testing the vibes between these two by saying that i think she find some where else is more comfortable for her. specially that he has seeing them together lots of times.

he had a feeling and wanted to make sure. that's why he looked kind of being proven right, when she picked TK room. because he did not want his guess turn out right. (see the sigi :P ) the interesting bit is that, at time she picked TK room, she was just starting to feel something toward him and she did not think that she is falling in love with him. but clearly, SW has being noticing these signs way before her as he is in the place as her in loving someone who is not noticing you at all.
SW knew MN seem to like TK before the room issue. When MN ask SW to go to the amusement park, he threw a tantrum and refused to go. He was upset MN and TK were chatting so friendly together in the patio together (He was looking from above and you could see the jealousy/anger on his face). When they were picking rooms, he was still having a fit so he didn't want to share rooms with MN. But he was surprised when MN picked TK's room. (MN pick TK's room cuz she knows he knows she's a girl so she doesn't have to becareful all the time like making excuses not to share the bed). SW was surprised and jealous she picked his room, but the next day he was okay again after he asked her if she was comfortable in his room. She said yes so SW thought "ahhh okay, she must not have feelings for him or else she would be all nervous about sleeping in the same room with another guy". Usually if you like someone and you're sleeping in the same room as him/her, things become a bit awkward.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 11:21

YES, it's true. he was relieved the next day after MN told him when MN told him that she was comfotable in TK room. same with night before being angry at MN for starting being comfortable around TK and wanting to be around him most of times.

when you like/love someone, don't you always want to be around them? that's what has been happening with MN and SW could see it. she left him inches away (even though she did not see him) before knowing the one that is helping her all the way, then she left him again because she saw TK not feeling well and needs some company and sympathy...

one thing i noticed that MN still wanted to stay in TK room even after making sure of her emotions towards him. i read that Hong sister wanted to write thier love as very innocent young love and that's why they did not include that very passionate kiss. of course it's mostly because TK knows she is a girl and she does not hae to pretend to be a guy i front of him, but i thought it also because she wanted to be near him as she thought is one sided love. it still would have been like hell being in one room with someone you love but she did not show any of those signs.

i don't know why but i always thought SW love for MN is more mature/adult love when it comes to TK love to her. even though TK kissed MN twice and SW none. :roll

as for that last ep, i thought that SW realised that she is the twin sister straight after he saw her. i could see that in his eyes and when cordy was pulling him away you could tell that he suspected something. but TK only realised it when she fell on his lap and he held her hand (which was sooooooooo heart cute btw). he still wanted to make sure at home and it's like was not 100% sure.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 16:12

The first one who came was Jeremy, than Shin Woo and Tae Kyung. But still I don't think SW realized for sure who was sitting drunk.
And I'm sure he knew what was going on between those two, even before they knew, he's known Tae Kyung for quite some time, so he could read him. And this made him mad and led to some actions (preventive or revenge actions). And I don't think SW would took any action in that situation. It was Tae Kyung who was always active part. He covered MN in every slippery situation. He's done more for her.

And Shin Woo kissed Mi Nyu, when they played badminton, on the forehead. :mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 16:31

Ethlenn wrote:The first one who came was Jeremy, than Shin Woo and Tae Kyung. But still I don't think SW realized for sure who was sitting drunk.
And I'm sure he knew what was going on between those two, even before they knew, he's known Tae Kyung for quite some time, so he could read him. And this made him mad and led to some actions (preventive or revenge actions). And I don't think SW would took any action in that situation. It was Tae Kyung who was always active part. He covered MN in every slippery situation. He's done more for her.
Are you referring to the last episode bar scene? SW wasn't mad and he didn't do anything preventive or revengeful. He let TK take MN home. As for SW not taking any action in that situation, what could he do? TK was there beside her. And MN likes TK. So logically, TK should be the one to take her away. It would be rude and attract attention if he pushed TK aside and insist on taking MN away. During the whole drama, SW has always covered up for/helped MN in every situation he came across. The issue is he can't always be there for her. She always gets into trouble. You can only help if you know about it. You can't help if you don't know about it unless he's stalking her every minute and that would be creepy *shiver* TK just happens to come across MN in trouble and helps her. Even if it wasn't love he wouldn't walk away from someone in his band needing help. He talks coldly to people but he's not mean.

Anyhow, I think SW is a very perceptive person. I think he could probably tell by the voice who is who. Even if you can't apart twins from their face, you can differentiate from the variances in their voice. Especially a male and female. I don't think they have the same voices especially since the male has an adams apple and the girl doesn't.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 16:53

No, I was referring to the earlier episodes. And for me SW was kind of stalker, always watching from the roof, staring at the door, observing from the corridor, brrr...It wasn't nice in my humble opinion, it was creepy.

Still, he wasn't a bad person, it's just, well, something that is not in my book.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 17:08

Ethlenn wrote:No, I was referring to the earlier episodes. And for me SW was kind of stalker, always watching from the roof, staring at the door, observing from the corridor, brrr...It wasn't nice in my humble opinion, it was creepy.

Still, he wasn't a bad person, it's just, well, something that is not in my book.
I don't think it's really stalkerish. Since they live in the same house and work at the same company, it's hard not to bump into each other or come across his band mates chatting. He just happened to be there and saw situations. It's not like he's actually following her around every minute or hour. The only time I would say he actually stalked her was at Myeong Dong. But then, I thought that was a friendly gesture and he probably thought it was romantic if he followed her and helped her out and then surprised her. Somehow it just didn't turn out the way he wanted it to.

An example of being a stalker. In the drama "With Love". The guy sees the girl he likes. He follows her home from behind so he can find out where she lives. That's stalking. Also, fans following their idols car to find out where they live. Take fan vids of them privately and follow them around. That's stalking.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 17:11

all these detailed talk about YAB made me wanting to watch it again :lol

oh, and i can never understand how it's so easy for people in k & Jdrama world to mistake a girl as a boy simple because she wears man clothing and cut her hair short??? it's just beyond my imagination.
who it's so easy for real GMN to replace her his sister and people won't notice the difference??? even if they are twins, there are unmistakable features between two genders. 8) but i try to ignore my brain's screams and enjoy the show as it is. :P

and on the subject of stalker, you can actually say TK was kind of stalker even though he thinks otherwise. :P insisting on taking her to her father's grave himself, looking around for her when she does not show up in his room, wondering what she is up to and who she is talking to, insisting on waking her up and taking her to cinema, ineterfering with her dealings with SW. you can blame most of them on jealousy though. the things we do for love :wub: but he still my #1 and no one can replace him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 17:34

Naah, TK was just being obsessed, 메롱... kekeke SW was stalkerish. :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 17:45

Ethlenn wrote:Naah, TK was just being obsessed, 메롱... kekeke SW was stalkerish. :mrgreen:
:lol :lol :lol but doesn't stalking starts when you obsess about something/someone too much?
i hope i don't turn into JGS stalker one day :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 18:40

Ethlenn wrote:Naah, TK was just being obsessed, 메롱... kekeke SW was stalkerish. :mrgreen:
I tend to think SW is more of a romanticist than a stalker. Like doing nice stuff for someone behind their backs without the person knowing it. It worked out for "Daddy Long Legs" ^^; Ha Ji Won's character fell in love with the guy even if it was a tragic love :P It just didn't work out so well for SW. Maybe if it was a tragic love it would have worked better? LOL

If anything I would call SW and eavesdropper. But then most people in the drama are eavesdropper and I admit I eavesdrop sometimes. TK and Jeremy have both eavesdropped on conversations too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 19:42

seirin wrote: Maybe if it was a tragic love it would have worked better? LOL
You cracked me up :lol

Yes, I noticed that most of the characters are eavesdropping. But you know what they say, if you eavesdrop, you will always hear something about you. (Or at least something unwanted).
But seriously, what did SW do for MN except for that famous towel-gate (Jung Yong Hwa got a nickname among the cast after that, keke)? Comforting her? He was just trying to probe the territory. Keep the surveillance. His every action was cut to lead MN into him. It didn't work out, he admitted it, he had some sense of honor. I started to like his character in 16th episode, so I don't have much warm words about him.
He was always around hoping that something would be wrong on the front (MN-TK), and he, that gentle hyungnim, could be of some service. That's not a way to win a girl's heart, Shin Woo :mrgreen:
Attachments
0360.jpg
0360.jpg (242.45 KiB) Viewed 3740 times

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 22:07

in term who did what for MN,
of course TK did more for MN compring to SW. the biggest help was agreeing to be know as fake fairy's bf in public and we all know how celebs in korea and japan will always try to hide the fact even if it's true due to their fans (i know this a drama and fictional but still is happening in the same environment 8) ). and not out of being in love with her but with total hates towards her. he agreed tp play along to keep MN secret. to me, this was the biggest sacrifice of TK. and this is not one off help. he had to keep agreeing to her demands just to keep her quiet. but i seriously loved how hong sister wrote this part so as viewers feel least annoyed and how TK kept his cool and pride everytime fake fairy asked him to do something for her. my heart stopped when she played that being pregnant trick and i thought "omg, no, they are going to drag this story this way"
i'll never forget the way Jeremy looked at TK when he was explaining that she is just not feeling very well and try NOT to imagine stuff in their head. :lol :lol :lol :lol

second thing TK did for MN was to make her that cute piggyrabbit :P

in term of keeping MN's real identity well hidden, i guess both TK and SW were equally helpful but we have to remember that SW gave her more emotional support than TK. specially at times when TK himself was involved. like when she and TK fell out because of his mother. not to forget, everytime TK gave MN hard time (because that's how he is and sometime he really does not mean it), SW is there for her to cheer her up and make her feel better.

ps.@Ethlenn, i am totally hooked on HJY OST now :goggle:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 22:13

I think SW did quite a bit for her. He helped her with the autograph after TK refused but did it secretly. Also, SW helped her cover up her female identity at the theatre. TK was just standing there. If SW didn't act immediately, she would have been found out. Also at the swimming pool, he was giving her encouraging words and offering her milk. Also got him nick, the milk guy. He kept her company when she was all alone at Myeong Dong. TK was really late cuz the evil fairy was occupying his time. SW gave her ice cream, clothes, etc
Also SW and Jeremy took her out grocery shopping to cheer her up. TK was just gonna stay home. SW was always there to cheer her up for example at the studio when MN was crying he played the guitar for her. When she ran out of the studio and wanted to cry, he lent MN a shoulder to cry on so no one would see. There's probably other scenes too but I don't recall. I only watched it once and re-watched a few other scenes. Anyhow, good guys don't always have good endings :P The female kdrama leads tend to pick the wangssagajis

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 22:31

Yes, TK seems to be a ssagaji sometimes, but it's the way he conceals his true emotions. He figured out that if he could be cold and haughty to other people, they would not mess into his personal life. That worked untill MN arrived. She turned it upside down.
And concerning the fake fairy - this was the biggest sacrifice. He put up with every foolishness for not getting MN being discovered. SW was more gentle because he, probably, grew up in other environment, he knew feelings, his mom loved him. So he could reflect the love he got onto others. MN has got love from other nuns and she could give a comfort to TK ( on his Birthday). TK knew nothing. I think many people don't see this - this lack of emotional background in TK's life. It was MN who taught him how to express his innermost thoughts and emotions. So he acted coldly sometimes and harsh, because he knew, that without any armor on him, he will be crushed. And as for love, he wasn't sure, he didn't know that feeling, so having MN close to him was at the same time his blessing and his curse. He couldn't sort out his right emotions.

P.S. Issy, I'm happy^^, I'll upload every show I find with JGS and the cast. If there is anything you want, don't hesitate to say it^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 23:23

YES, i always meant to write about this emotional gap in TK's life and i always forget. :-(
there is no way of comparison between SW and Jeremy life and TK. he has been deprived of any love from the time being kid and now that he is older trying to forget about his past, his mom shows up and continue hurting him. like there no escape. even his music turned torture for him because he had to work on a song that in his mind caused him all these lonliness. actually it is really good of him to still have a gentle side within him. SW and Jeremy know about it otherwise they won't be respecting him this much.

i always remember Domoyoji and Rui's story in HYD when i think of TK and SW. i guess the similarities between Rui and SW are endless. :P

@Ethlenn, thanks alot for the offer dear. as i am so new to JGS world, i really have no idea what goodies of him is out there. so i leave it to you and what you think is there for me to watch and enjoy. just suprise me. i know i will love everything to do woth him. :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 13th, '10, 04:01

I think it was TK's ego and SW lack of courage that created problems for both of them.

But, as a friend, SW was there for her. Like she said, he was like Mother Superior in that way. Someone she could talk to that would just care about making her feel a bit better and not judge her.

It's very important to have someone like that in your life, I think and it's extremely difficult to act "charming" as he said and just support someone when you like them. If he had told her, he would have ultimately lost that role he had till then. She wouldn't feel ok talking to him about those things anymore so that was an additional problem for him, besides the practical ones.

Also, every time she wavered and almost left, he did ask her what she really wanted and did according to her wishes. I.e, when he went to her hometown to get her, he asked her if she wanted to stay there and even though he could have tried to monopolize her there, once he realised she wanted to go home, he was ok with it.

And for a logical person like him, as smart as he is, it's not easy figuring out someone like GMN. I mean, he had given up after the first time she ran off to go with TK, but then she started talking as if TK wasn't a man. Lol. So when he thought she doesn't really see TK as a man, of course he'd try again.

But he never tried to "get her" when he was sure about how she felt. He did tell her his feelings eventually, because it was the only way for him to let go and he owed her that much since she's the one he liked.

TK on the other hand didn't pay so much attention not to hurt her (what he did near the end when he found her with his mom was soooo bad, the bastard), but when he did forget about his precious self (when he panicked, that is) he did all he could to get her back or make amends.

I think these characters are a very good example of relationships. With someone you love, you become selfish as well. You get jealous, get angry etc. People in a relationship hurt each other often because often a relationship, as good as it is, it weaker than a good friendship. It involves being selfish a lot more because you have a lot to lose.

GMN and SW have a friendship though. She tries to be right by him and speaks about things with him that she can't speak about with TK and he tries to just make her feel better and be there for her. I think that ultimately, SW wanted to be a good friend to her. I think he liked being like that too much to lose it, but it's easy to think you are in love with someone when you need to protect them etc etc. I think his man to woman "love" for GMN was just a crush, but I do think he loves her as a person and a friend.

It's the same for Jeremy. Tae Kyung's situation was miles away though. To think you might fall for someone and then actually fall for them because you were mentally biased is easy and isn't true love. To fall for someone and not even realize it when it's screaming in your face, now that's love XD

Also, about the stalking thing, guys, it's a drama. Characters spend most of their time alone in scenes talking to themselves and you mind the "always present" thing? :lol

Plus, like Seirin said, they do live and work at the same places.

Also, about when he secretly followed her around Myeong Dong, well, he was just walking with her in a public place. I mean, unless you follow someone 24/7 and in their private time, it's not stalking. And you wouldn't make yourself known by paying for them at every single place. :lol

Tae Kyung does have a bit of a stalker in him though, that's true XD

Sorry for the long text, but school started and I've been busy. Been itching to write though. Haha. Ethlenn, toss some of those JGS goodies our way cause we're all interested, me thinks. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 15th, '10, 00:00

It's me again. For those who didn't come across it earlier:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=820a ... 53eb068587

These are cuts taken from cyworld, funny^^
Credits to: pennylanechic

And one more thing: today (2010-01-14) was premiere of the album of CN Blue, and JGS, PSH, LHK appeared. Check this video:
http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=an ... page=1&bbs

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 12:36

OK, look what I found^^
Attachments
Jang Geun Suk Wall Calendar1.jpg
Jang Geun Suk Wall Calendar1.jpg (127.09 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Jung Yong Hwa Wall Calendar.jpg
Jung Yong Hwa Wall Calendar.jpg (113.33 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Lee Hong Ki Wall Calendar.jpg
Lee Hong Ki Wall Calendar.jpg (109.64 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
Park Shin Hye Wall Calendar.jpg
Park Shin Hye Wall Calendar.jpg (121.92 KiB) Viewed 3692 times

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 17th, '10, 13:25

wow, thanks.
do you think that it's a bit silly of me to giggle over the fact that my b-day falls in TK page? :roll atleast for noona at my age :P
Last edited by Issy on Jan 17th, '10, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 13:47

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :mrgreen:
Mine as well, keke :mrgreen:
I don't care how old I am, I feel sometimes like "hot 18", and I feel good with that!

BTW. Sukkie said once he would like to make a drama where he could be involved with older woman. He has week spot for older girls (if my Korean is right, but I don't remember where I read this), :roll

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 17th, '10, 14:07

Ethlenn wrote:ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :mrgreen:
Mine as well, keke :mrgreen:
I don't care how old I am, I feel sometimes like "hot 18", and I feel good with that!

BTW. Sukkie said once he would like to make a drama where he could be involved with older woman. He has week spot for older girls (if my Korean is right, but I don't remember where I read this), :roll
:lol :lol :lol
I don't KNOW what's in JGS that all noonas and ahjummas fall for him? for me, its the first time that i am liking some actor (and with passion) with so much age gap. and believe me, the age gap is HUGE! :pale:
I really was embarresed to admit till i read so many noonas on soompi falling for him too and felt a bit at ease.
and i would die and go to heaven if he really acts in such a drama :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 14:15

That's his plan.
And if something will happen with the leading actress, you will hear of me, muahahaha :mrgreen:

Have you seen CNBlue appearances? And as I disliked Shin Woo, and had mixed feelings about JYH, I just love him in this band! Hwaiting!

There will be a lot of fanmeeting around the world (yes, for some Asia IS the world, :x yh ...), but the price for it, like 100 $. Gosh... but still, the new pics are on the road!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 17th, '10, 14:35

yes, i saw the pictures. well, i only was concentrating on baby JGS to be honest :P
but what's with PSH and wearing that wig? i remembered that scene in YAB where TK bought her the pin. it was kind of weird.

to be honest, i really did not mind SW and sometimes was feeling sorry for him but as MN was with TK most of times when she suppose to be with SW, it was ok. but if it was otherway round, i would have disliked SW. just like what happened to HGD himself. :P

i remember my friend asking me in anger (she loves HGD) how on earth i dislike HGD himself by watching his drama and when you meant to like him? i said maybe because i liked Chang hui and there is no way in HGD, that you can love both. you either HGD side or LGH's. i think the same applys to YAB in regards to TK and SW but maybe to lesser degree.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 14:56

Chang Hui... I could write an elaborated essay ( I have to, so I'm in this mood) on this tragic prince. I think there is something in JGS persona that makes him so suitable to play a tragic character. Character full of emotions but held on a leash. Broken, complicated, but able to give a world to someone who really means something to him. Maybe I'm over-interpreting, but as Umberto Eco said once: there is no over-interpretation if one can prove he's right. I can.
Damn, suddenly I fell like watching HGD again...

[digression]
I love historical dramas, I asked my Korean friend once are the clothes/accesories/decorations appropriate and she said that in every detail. Have you noticed the silken clothes and their pattern? Hell, I'm in love with Korean culture, I know, but this made me simply immersed into it. And few tears back I though Japanese was the best. Still is good, but I prefer Korean clothes (especially men's keke) and weapons.
Attachments
1222185739.jpg
1222185739.jpg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 3771 times

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 17th, '10, 15:36

I think there is something in JGS persona that makes him so suitable to play a tragic character. Character full of emotions but held on a leash. Broken, complicated, but able to give a world to someone who really means something to him. Maybe I'm over-interpreting, but as Umberto Eco said once: there is no over-interpretation if one can prove he's right. I can.
agree! maybe because he was given this character (more or less) in his last dramas. if you think about his characters in HJY, HGD and BV and even to some extent in YAB. they all portray this persona. something that i think it's entirely different from his real playful, happy, joker JGS side. i think that's what interesting him in chosing these characters.

i just dled HGD shinwha version and i was watching only for chang hui's part. maybe i should re-watch the whole thing again? but i still be skipping HGD's parts.

as for me, i still prefer japanese period dramas. k-period dramas are too colourful for my taste. :P too many bright pink, purple, green, yellow clothing making me not believe the old time setting. plus, i feel weak at knees everytime i see an image of samurai with long hair and armor holding a japanese sword. this image is very hard to shake in my mind. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 16:02

He said that he is a bad person. Nappeun namja, his own words (bad boy). But he really likes to play around, Watching YAB BTS I noticed he was like a tree everyone could lean against. He's a strong person and makes wise choices in drama/movies (Sukkie, thank you for rejecting BOF).

And I love long haired hwarang boys, keke. Other than Japanese armor, I prefer Korean one. But I'm helplessly lost. Yep, I betrayed my Institute
(Japanese Studies, which I graduated from, keke).
[digression]
And concerning samurai with flowing hair - this is a literal/movie/romantic image. The ideal samurai tied his hair in a knot. This is main difference, in Korea, only part of the hair or none were tied at the top of the head, in Japan, all of it. This was a symbol if samurai social position, thus they opposed to cutting it in early Meiji Era.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 17th, '10, 18:39

Man, I have to download HGD. I can't miss him in period clothes. Lol. I don't like historical dramas one bit though so I'll just watch it for GS. :lol

So, he likes older women, huh? Is 8 months good for you or do you need em older, luv? :P

If he ever goes to Hollywood and becomes even more widly known, there will be women fainting worldwide at each appearance. Charming bastard... :wub:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jan 24th, '10, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 17th, '10, 19:01

Orion1986 wrote:Man, I have to download HGD. I can't miss him in period clothes. Lol. I don't like historical dramas one bit though so I'll just watch it for GS. :lol

So, he likes older women, huh? Is 8 months good for you or do you need em older, luv? :P

If he ever goes to Hollywood and becomes even more widly known, there will be women fainting worldwide at each appearance. Charming bastard... :wub:
errrrrrrrrrr, i guess you need to be 8 years or more older to be qualified. well according to last romour i read. :P it might be untrue, but still makes me feel good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 19:32

Hahaha! I'm qualified (almost, keke).
Good guy in good period clothes... and you want to kill every woman in his sight :wub:

Have a look:
Attachments
Hong Gil Dong (30).jpg
Hong Gil Dong (30).jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
Hong Gil Dong (26).jpg
Hong Gil Dong (26).jpg (151.08 KiB) Viewed 3756 times

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 17th, '10, 21:44

Issy wrote: errrrrrrrrrr, i guess you need to be 8 years or more older to be qualified. well according to last romour i read. :P it might be untrue, but still makes me feel good.
Loool :lol

Guess some of us need to remind him some of the good qualities of younger women. :wub:

Can't blame him though. If young women in these countries are like the series show them to be. I mean, women who want singers and actors to look anorexic and feminine are just weird. Especially the girly/child-like idols in japan. I want my men to be men, damn it! :lol

And this punk is... Damn you, Geun Suk... How can you make me like someone younger than me when it was a no no so far? :P

It's a good thing I'm not in a state to attract anyone right now. If I was in perfect working/looking condition, I would have booked a flight to Seoul by now.

Papers would read "Mentally disturbed greek woman is suspected of kidnapping Koreas heart throb, Jang Geun Suk". :lol

Well, not exactly, but damn, would I go to Seoul and at least try to see the man. If he looks this amazing on screen, the air around him in the flesh must be like the radiation in Fallout 3. Can't get to close without losing it. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 21:58

Orion1986 wrote:
Can't blame him though. If young women in these countries are like the series show them to be. I mean, women who want singers and actors to look anorexic and feminine are just weird. Especially the girly/child-like idols in japan. I want my men to be men, damn it! :lol

Papers would read "Mentally disturbed greek woman is suspected of kidnapping Koreas heart throb, Jang Geun Suk". :lol
The first one- you're right, I don't know what happened in that country, every time I go to Japan I'm more and more astonished by fashion and way of life of wakamono. Gods forbid, those guys aren't guys, and if they are, the have some parts of their bodies surgically removed, really. As I said- Japan yes, Japanese no. Your point is so hilarious :lol
I know a lot of Korean people here and there, they have more senses in all of that. Not counting all these popstars. All men should look and sound like Jeong Jae Young/Jang Geun Seok.

Your second thought: if some papers would write about it, it would be rather like: the Greek kidnapper of Jang geun Seok has been defeated but our precious star has suddenly disappeared with his liberator. Muahaha!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 17th, '10, 22:03

Ahahaha. So one will be kidnapping him from the other. Poor man... He's gonna be going from noona to noona, getting royally.... let's just say "fondled" and then on to the next... To be adored by so many women... Poor poor creature... :P

He likes it, I know he does. :roll So we're just making him feel even more wanted. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 17th, '10, 22:19

It's his fault. If he wasn't as he is, if he didn't act like he does, if he didn't look like he looks, well, maybe then he would be safe.

Fondled... I fell from my chair :lol it's brilliant euphemism. keke :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 23rd, '10, 23:36

February 19th is the day... The Director's Cut Pre-Order DVD is out then. I guess it will take a week or so to arrive here. Will let you know about the contents then. I'm a crazy puppy... I'm paying around 160 bucks for the DVD and another 60 or so for a region free DVD player to view it. XD

But if a series is worth the money, it's this one. Lol.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 24th, '10, 00:22

:lol :lol :lol , it seems that i have missed some serious talks about kidnapping and .... :mrgreen: baby JGS. :P
to be honest, JGS looked like those anorexic idols in YAB and girly looking (but not as girly looking as juunki in Iljimae :P ) as chang hui in HGD but i still like him to bits. plus, do i need to feel embaressed because i have a thing for a men with eyeliners? :unsure:
sometimes i find myself guilty of liking these kind of actors/idols but not because how they looked like. but because there was something in their performance that attracted me to them. 8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 24th, '10, 01:14

There always has to be something attractive and interesting in someone in order for people to like them. There are tons of handsome men out there, but we don't like em all.

Like that awesome man from DoReMiFaSoLaSiDo. Lol. Veeeery handsome, but like I said, he's like the korean Keanu Reeves. Cold and unattractive even though he has nice features.

JGS has many things going for him. His amazing talent as an actor and singer, charming looks, behavior/body language/mannerisms and voice.

I think it takes a good combination of many things to make someone as irresistible as he is. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 24th, '10, 13:18

Beethoven Virus look rules! He was so appetizing in it. I could just put my napkin, take knife and fork and eat him up, bit by bit^^.