NEED HELP CHOOSING KOREAN DRAMA FOR MY WEBSITE5

Discuss Korean drama series here.
rysong7

NEED HELP CHOOSING KOREAN DRAMA FOR MY WEBSITE5

Post by rysong7 » Mar 5th, '10, 02:33

Hello everyone! I have decided to make a website where it will be very similar to aja-aja. It will contain mainly k-drama and k-variety, but the main reason I am here is because I need your help. According to koreandrama.org, there are 388 Korean dramas. To download this it will take 1/2 year with a speed of 1MB and without turning the computer. Also, the fact that uploading will take almost twice as long; and I am doing this by myself. To get to the point,I would like you all to help me choose which dramas you would like to download and watch. It would be pointless to download all the dramas and for no one to watch, so tell me a list of dramas I HAVE TO POST! And starting from today I will be downloading all the newest dramas that are coming out, such as pasta, chuno, and ect... Remember this is for your benefits ^.^

For those who are wondering when I will release the website, is approximately by the end of March and latest by the start of summer. It will vary on the number of k-drama series I will have to download and how much trouble I will face trying to make one.

Thank You!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 5th, '10, 16:53

If you make that kind of site, then you need, as I`d say - kdrama classics -
Goong, Full House, I am SAM, My Girl.

And here are some more I`d recommend you to put on -
Coffee Prince, That fool, Shining Inheritance, Iris, Let's go to school Sang-doo, Take care of the young lady and Whitch Amusement.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 5th, '10, 18:02

I'd actually recommend you to focus on variety shows and older dramas.

This is because other sites like am-addiction, lets-look and soompi are already doing a fantabulous job adding new dramas every day as soon as they air in Korea, but aja-aja was the best site to go to for older dramas, hard-to-find dramas, and variety shows. That is actually where I feel the gap that aja has left the most... it's easy to get your hands on the newest dramas, but much harder to find dramas from the 90's to the mid-2000's, and licensed dramas.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 5th, '10, 18:36

I agree with Néa Vanille. Go for the older dramas. Since the newer ones are easier to find here and there.

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Mar 5th, '10, 22:38

i think it's great that you'd like to start your own website. but as someone mentioned already there are similar sites already.

in particular, i'm one of the uploaders for k-dramas at am-addiction.com . we are looking for more uploaders to expand our collection. so could i convince you to sign up there and help upload? if you do, then i could use the extra time to upload even more different content that's available for me to upload. i currently upload all of the current k-dramas in 450p and 720p rips (HAN and CEO flavors) for am-addiction. (we also have xvids available, but the uploading is done by someone other than me) since, i'm busy uploading dramas. i don't have time to hit the various variety shows. if you decide to help, then i could expand my uploads to provide even more korean programming.

so if your ultimate goal is to share, then perhaps you might be better off joining an already existing site to make it even better?

aeo

Post by aeo » Mar 5th, '10, 23:34

That would be great rysong7! I really miss Aja Aja. I wanted to donate to Aja so I can become a member but it seems Aja has closed that option. I think you can become a member only by invite so if anyone wants to be generous, please send one my way :D

I started watching Korean drama because of Tears of Dragon. A late 1990's historical drama on the beginning of Choson Kingdom. It was great. Because of Tears of Dragon, I have a soft spot for Korean historical drama so my list are: Tears of Dragon, Wang Gun, Dawn of the Empire, Age of Warriors, The Immortal Yi Soon Shin, Emperor of the Sea, Jumong, Kingdom of the Wind, Seo Dong Yong, Dae Jo Young, Yeon Gaesomun, Shin Don, and The Iron Empress. It would be great if you could upload these because most of these are too old so they are unavailable for downloads.

Thanks Néa Vanille for the info on am-addiction and lets-look. I am going to check them out.

aeo

Post by aeo » Mar 5th, '10, 23:35

By the way, please include English subs or else, I can't understand a thing.

ntxhais

Post by ntxhais » Mar 6th, '10, 00:08

Anything that is interesting, new and old, is fine. I'll appreciate if you can add specifically new drama.