Personal Taste (MBC, 2010) Lee Min Ho & Son Ye Jin

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 2nd, '10, 06:08

cherrym wrote:
The ending was somewhat ok, but I totally hated In Hee in the drama, and I felt like the ending should've had something bad happen to her :whistling: just sayin'.

And I was honestly like "awww" when I saw Director Choi all alone in the end. I mean after ALL that he did for them !!... at least get that man a date!! :doh:
The ending was waaaay too "good" for me too. I wanted the b*tch to suffer, not suddenly become an angel and even help Gae In!
And I also felt bad for the Director. You can bet they'll find him a date eventually though. I don't think they'll forget his kindness. :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '10, 08:30

This drama I watched only for RSR as Director Choi. I believe he will find someone in the future.

And I still maintain that they didn't make In Hee a good one. She gave up when she saw that future fight is useless, she was always like this. And her "date", come on, it was just a teasing. Both knew about it.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 2nd, '10, 22:12

I felt that this drama was one of those that could have been better. I would have liked a better leading lady. she was a little bit too much 'poor little girl' for me.

Lee Min Ho is one tall and good looking guy. I think he will reach a higher leverl with more roles to try him out. then they will send him to the military and everyone will be mad. By which time we will have Nam Gil back again and that will be perfection.
thump thump :cheers:

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 3rd, '10, 00:16

He's tall alright. 185 and Keun Suk is supposed to be 3 cm shorter. Ahaha! I DARE him to stand next to Min Ho! He's probably shorter enough to give him a... I mean.. he's a lot shorter... They don't even look like they breathe on the same atmosphere. XD

I liked Sohn Ye Jin, personally. She's adorable and funny. I prefer her to a lot of women who make the clumsy type seem forced and overacted. And she's not as "ugly" as let's say the girl from Pasta. Sorry, just don't find her attractive. Ye Jin is nice.
Min Ho did ok with PT, but he's still got the "kyaaaa, BOF 4EVR" issue on him. Poor man will have to work hard to shake the fangirls. He's doing ok though. Let's see what his next project will be. He should go for a different type of character.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 3rd, '10, 09:07

I see the potence... I mean the potential in him, but only if he gets the right role. Not a pretty boy, not a BOF or pT type of role.
He has to improve a lot, be he can.

And no, Keunsuk is not 3 cm shorter, actually his ego is "infinity" times longer.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 15th, '10, 18:03

Just watched this entire series and lost a lot of sleep because of it because I kept having to watch the next episode. I thought it was enjoyable, but a lot of the posters may be right. There were never really any scenes that hit me hard, maybe it was the lack of buildup or how things happened so suddenly or possibly because some of the things that happened felt unnatural (as in not how a sane/logical person would react/behave) so I could not relate as much. In My GF is a Gumiho I felt really sad and touched during some scenes, that didn't really happen in this.

This was more or less just an entertaining show that did not produce any deep feelings.

I still liked it very much though.

At first I thought Kai In (Son Je Yin) wasn't very pretty, but she grew on me. I also think it fits her looks well...like not model pretty...but just warm looking and a nice cute woman. One thing though, she looks a bit older than Lee Min Ho so that took awhile for me to adjust to. It's possible that she looks less attractive than she is because she looks a bit older and has to be next to Lee Min Ho who is 23 while she is 28? I have a feeling Son Je Yin was model pretty at around age 22-24.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 15th, '10, 18:08

She's quite attractive, but indeed, with her Gae In style and all, she looked too old compared to him. I also didn't get many "feelings" from the show, although I do like the Director a lot. What a wonderful and decent person.
Again though, he's a sad lonely gay. I mean, it's nice they don't always make comical "screaming queen" gays and also show normal gay people, but I still think way too many of their stories end in loneliness and/or tragedy.
Understandable though. I mean, "Life is Beautiful" apparently tried to show a normal gay couple that actually finds happiness and look at what happened there. Like the whole "if you're gay, there's only sadness ahead for you" thing will stop people from becoming gay.
As if it's a choice or something a tv series can control like your wish to buy the latest bag some girl is carrying in a popular kdrama or something. Still, it's a step forward, I guess. I mean the Director. Better than comical gays, promiscuous ones or complete tragedies.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 19:03

JiveTalkinRobot wrote: It's possible that she looks less attractive than she is because she looks a bit older and has to be next to Lee Min Ho who is 23 while she is 28? I have a feeling Son Je Yin was model pretty at around age 22-24.
Now you just enraged few noonas here, chingu... :twisted:

Son Yejin is considered an idela beauty by Korean men (information from Korean men and women firsthand^^), I always found her pretty in a natural way. All those idol girls are pretty but "manufacture pretty", you know...
And true, in the book, there was a age difference between them, so they kept it that way in drama as well.

And I second what Orion said. This drama may fail on myny different levels, but it surely introduced a normal, decent gay man. Not a tragedy, not a caricature. Gotta love Director Choi^^

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 15th, '10, 20:28

Ethlenn - hahaha relax. I said she was pretty in a natural warm way didn't I? I just said she wasn't drop dead gorgeous that's all. I actually prefer natural warm beauty.

I didn't know they were supposed to be different ages, that's pretty cool.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 20:35

Nah, I was joking.
:mrgreen:

Yup, there was few years difference between them. When drama started there were even the voices of complaints that the age gap between actors is too little. :whistling:

loki88

Post by loki88 » Oct 17th, '10, 04:32

...Just wanted to say that I like this drama... !!! =D

YeaY!! xD

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Oct 25th, '10, 19:43

most of you are right. there are a lot of SHORTCOMINGS in this drama. i can forgive most but one that is bothering me way too much.

anyone have any idea why Min Ho's pants are way too short? not to mention the shoes. oh my those shoes should never be paired up with a suit!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 19:59

Actually the pants is the fault of the fashion. It was really popular this summer.
8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 25th, '10, 20:00

It's a trend (is it still?). Tall and lanky guys like Min Ho can pull it off, but come on. How many tall and lanky guys does Asia have? Short pants make you look shorter. Not exactly good for anyone under 182-84 or so.

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Oct 25th, '10, 20:22

i sure hope it's not a trend still. i'd be more than ecstatic to see that particular style obliterated in the fashion world.

ermmm tall and lanky or not i don't think it's particularly flattering. i have to say korean fashion is definitely a bit weird. where i'm from a good number of koreans wearing korean fashion do stick out like a sore thumb.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 22:51

I have been bothered by the length of men's pants for a long time in Korean dramas. F the longest time they made the pants too LONG. Te material splashed all over the shoes and on to the floor. Looed right of the peg .. no tailoring at all. Now they go the opposite way and they make the pants too SHORT. there's a very old old musichall song about that...
Why don't they look at some photos of well dressed European men who have their suts tailored. Pants should 'break just as the material touches the top of the foot or shoe.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '10, 03:16

I know what you mean about the flipside too. I was watching Exhibition of Fireworks and I swear, for most of the series, Ji Hwan was floating in his wardrobe.
It's like they were 3 sizes too big for him. And you'd think they'd want to show off the hot guy's body (they did strip the man like 4-5 times) with fitted clothes.

And yeah, the looks-like-it-shrunk-in-the-washer-pants trend is also not nice. Min Ho pulled it off, but mostly because you don't look at the man's feet much.
Clothes are important to convey the character's psyche and how they want to be seen in society. Gae In did not make any effort and that shows her character.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 08:05

Behind almost every modern drama are big companies that will do everything to promote themselves. Fashion is one of the means. Idiotic fashion as well.
Well, too short pants are not half as bad as too tight ones though...

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Oct 27th, '10, 10:58

hahaha yea tight pants are also bad. lol. they should just stick to the classic straight cut and be done with it. they're the ones that look best anyway.

seriously, skinny jeans on women are bad enough (IMO) they're worse on men!

all in all they're all equally bad to look at.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 15:44

Especially when said men are dead skinny to begin with. I've had some pretty nightmarish moments in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho when No Min Woo is wearing skinny pants.

He looks like Wilt or something (but more emo) and no real man should look like a cartoon if not a comedian. It's not flattering, especially on men who otherwise look manly and handsome.
A man should not look like a mild breeze will just tip him right over. The legs need to look like they can handle 3-4 rounds of "ze naughty" in bed, not weaken just by getting to the damn thing.

Just my opinion. :P

Min Ho is lanky, but does not seem annoyingly skinny. He looks sturdy enough. :lol

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 8th, '11, 15:48

After years of faithful service to J-dramas, I recently decided to give K-dramas a try. I finished Personal Taste last week and I've got to say this is one of the best dramas I've ever seen. It was funny, romantic (but not in a soap opera kind of way), the characters were really loveable, there was drama (of course!) but not over-the-top, and most importantly it didn't take itself too seriously. I was so glad to finally see a mature relationship portrayed in a drama!

Lately I've been craving good romantic-comedy types of dramas and this is exactly what Personal Taste delivered. If you're going through a very stressful period of your life I highly recommend watching this! It will leave you with a smile on your face! :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 8th, '11, 17:41

Jdramas are the direct opposite of kdramas.
IMO
Jdramas= interesting ideas, fresh ideas, different ideas, but poor execution (not in all cases) and a lot of dramas are ruined by unnecessary and poor "wackiness" and there is a lot of overacting, so that a lot of dramas have the feeling of animes with real persons(yea i know a lot of dramas are anime/manga- adaptations)

Kdramas= very few different ideas and there are way too many similar plots, but the execution is a few levels above the jdramas (i'm not talking about the acting)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 9th, '11, 03:29

The acting too. I find Japanese actors horrible. Koreans have bad ones too and when things go melo/sobby, it can get bad there as well, but Japanese are stiff and emotionless or then overact to hide than emotionless factor and mimic the wacky anime style and look even weirder.
But I do agree for the most part. The Japanese have nice stories to tell, fresh ideas, interesting characters. But low production quality and bad actors. The Koreans have money and good actors, more capabilities, but hang from the skirts of audiences too much and don't even try.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 9th, '11, 05:59

Silverman wrote:Jdramas are the direct opposite of kdramas.
IMO
Jdramas= interesting ideas, fresh ideas, different ideas, but poor execution (not in all cases) and a lot of dramas are ruined by unnecessary and poor "wackiness" and there is a lot of overacting, so that a lot of dramas have the feeling of animes with real persons(yea i know a lot of dramas are anime/manga- adaptations)

Kdramas= very few different ideas and there are way too many similar plots, but the execution is a few levels above the jdramas (i'm not talking about the acting)
You're not watching the right dramas. If you think they're wacky, you're probably watching manga remakes. Try watching human dramas instead like Mother or Bara no nai hanaya. Kaseifu no Mita is kinda interesting too. Of course, not all manga remakes are bad. I think Jin was pretty good. I didn't like Jin 2 as much though. The time traveling issue wasn't explained too well.
Orion1986 wrote:The acting too. I find Japanese actors horrible.
You're not watching the right dramas. Stop watching JE actors. Ashida Mana's acting will blow your socks off and she's only 6 yrs old or so.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 9th, '11, 07:40

I have to strongly disagree with you on acting part Ori too. You have definitely watched the wrong Jdramas. One thing I noticed when I started watching Kdramas is their actors exaggerations in showing emotions to the point of looking fake and unreal sometimes. that also can be called bad acting.
I agree that they hold back on emotions in their dramas but it's not because they are bad actors, it's because how they are in real life. They are reserved people and don't go jumping with joy, shout or scream or start crying for every little thing happens in their lives. So their drama characters are reflection of how they really are. Just look at how they coped the best with their last disaster. I challenge any country and nation to do the same at such horrible times.
Dramas that seirin mentioned and many many more have such a great and memorable acting. You just need to know your good Jactors like you know your good Kactors.
It's just that Korea have more rom-coms than Japan. That's why they are better in making such dramas.

Sorry for :offtopic: post but I had to reply.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 9th, '11, 08:22

I think the reason why they're bad with romcom is cuz their romcom is more geared for teenagers. So many are adapted from mangas. I love their mangas btw. So it's fine. I just pray they don't kill it in the adaptations. Anyhow, Japanese dramas sometimes require more thinking. They have a tendency to write things but don't explain fully, so you need to guess what they're trying to say because they don't slap you in the face with it. Kind of like their language even. "I like this but..." and they don't finish their sentence. You'll have to look at their facial expression, body language, or even have to join various ideas or actions to form a conclusion or possibility. It's not something you laugh or cry and go next...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 9th, '11, 09:39

seirin wrote: You're not watching the right dramas. If you think they're wacky, you're probably watching manga remakes. Try watching human dramas instead like Mother or Bara no nai hanaya. Kaseifu no Mita is kinda interesting too. Of course, not all manga remakes are bad. I think Jin was pretty good. I didn't like Jin 2 as much though. The time traveling issue wasn't explained too well.
That could be the case. Almost all Jdramas i know of are either wacky or way too serious(like rape in middleschools, drugs, abortion, prostitution a.s.o.). I still have to watch a jdrama, where the content is light, but the acting isn't too goofy (i'm not saying there aren't such jdramas, I'm just saying i don't know them).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 9th, '11, 16:51

I am not speaking from dramas alone. I have watched movies, some of them serious stuff. I've watched bigger, more capable actors and I still find most of them bland.
Also, it's a matter of opinion. To me, they are simply bad. I cannot get immersed and find them wooden and emotionless and have very few good examples from them.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 9th, '11, 19:52

Well I do agree with the production quality, many jdrama just lack money and/or capable staff. I also agree that they don't really do your average rom-com. Guess since the grand 90ies their romance drama really deteriorated badly ;) Also I feel many actors are bad, idols, singers, wannabes...
BUT I also strongly disagree that jactors in general are bad. There are fantastic japanese actors imo and I do not mean the likes of Kimutaku or Nakama Yukie :P
Thing is Japanese are very different in the way they express themselves. As said before they don't show their feelings like carrying a sign board. They hardly go screaming and shouting out their love or hatred and ofc that is reflected in their stories and drama/movies. That might be why if you love strong feelings, romance, revenge, all the big emotional mess out there, you will find japanese productions rather slow and bland. But if you enjoy watching relationships develop or stories unfold and turn here and there you will find satisfying jdrama as well. For me I like both and from time to time I have to change sides :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 9th, '11, 21:41

Hey but one another thing i like about jdramas, is, that your favorite jactor acts in more dramas, than the kactors. In kdramas (in most cases!) you have to wait 1 or 2 years for the next drama with your "idol". The jactors have every year 1 or 2 dramas. Ok there are exceptions, like Park Min Young, who had 2 dramas this year.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 00:17

That's because jdramas are shorter and more compact. The run time is 45min compared to kdrama 60min. And Japanese people seem to be workaholics. The schedule they showed for Oguri Shun had him working 7 days a week, 365 days a year almost. I think he slept 2-3 hrs a day. Ashida Mana is probably sleeping less than 6 hrs a day for a 6-7 yr old. She goes to school and after school goes filming. Also films on weekends and somehow in between she does her homework.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 01:09

Yea i know. But kactors(the popular ones) have the same tight schedules with 2 hours sleep. But i think, while kactors are doing CFs, veriety and promotions, the jactors are shooting dramas. But this is just a theory and not a fact, because i haven't looked into the jactor- activities. So its just a a theory out of thin air^^.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 10th, '11, 01:31

Since this topic has popped up because of the recent posts, I'll ask what I didn't ask before. Why is Lee Min Ho's name in the topic title but not Son Ye Jin's?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 01:36

Because the Ethlen is a girl^^(i'm praying that i have that one right).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 10th, '11, 01:39

Because DA has seen many a girl and not so many men. So, if you want to attract people to a topic or let them know what it is, you use a name they'll know pretty well.
Most fangirls know Lee Min Ho. Not all of them bother with women's names. Kdrama is dominated by kyaagirls and some exceptions with a brain. Get used to it, boys. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 10th, '11, 01:45

I'm an old girl, true.

Plus, when I created that, I had a look at jdrama section where names of the actors are written. Now I find it weird, but in the yore...
Prozaic reason.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 10th, '11, 01:46

Orion1986 wrote: you use a name they'll know pretty well.
Well the only reason why I watched this show was for Son Ye Jin.
Orion1986 wrote:Because DA has seen many a girl and not so many men.
If you click into the Korean Actors & Actresses sub-forum, it seems that the actors have the very active threads not the actresses. So it doesn't seem to me that more fangirls need to be attracted, they're already here. :roll

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 01:47

Silverman wrote:Because the Ethlen is a girl^^(i'm praying that i have that one right).
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 10th, '11, 01:55

Oh Issy, Issy... I don't bite. Much.

here, here, I apologize, I changed the topic title, all better guys? :mrgreen:
seirin wrote:The schedule they showed for Oguri Shun had him working 7 days a week, 365 days a year almost. I think he slept 2-3 hrs a day.
Is he under SMoron? Or Avex? That's more likely.
Oh, foul joke, mianhae, mianhae... I'm in such mood.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 01:59

Ethlenn wrote:Oh Issy, Issy... I don't bite. Much.
but you have to admit, you are scary....but only

most of the time :pale:
:mrgreen:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 01:59

Hey I like biting :whistling:
And sry for writing Ethlen and not Ethlenn

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 02:00

Silverman wrote:Yea i know. But kactors(the popular ones) have the same tight schedules with 2 hours sleep. But i think, while kactors are doing CFs, veriety and promotions, the jactors are shooting dramas. But this is just a theory and not a fact, because i haven't looked into the jactor- activities. So its just a a theory out of thin air^^.
Nope. They're busy with other stuff too. Radios, CFs, CF promos, magazines, variety shows (if they're promoting), movies, dramas, stage plays, etc. However they don't seem to hold fan meetings. Kdrama actors get a burn out from filming crazy schedules so they usually take off one or two season to rest and do other stuff like CFs, movies, etc or rest.
Japan airs 1x45 min ep per week. Korea airs 2 x 60 min ep per week. Korean actors get a burn out and need to rest. Japanese ones chug on and on. They don't film every day of the week, but they spend their time doing other activities and rest when they can. Some you notice tend to do movies rather than dramas. Movies have less hectic schedules.

BTW, I find it annoying when people only write actors/actresses they know and not who is actually the star. I kinda got upset when they put Haruka and Koide Kesuke at the top and leave out Osawa Takao when he's clearly the lead.
Last edited by seirin on Dec 10th, '11, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 10th, '11, 02:03

Ethlenn wrote:I changed the topic title, all better guys? :mrgreen:
Thank You

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 02:03

Yea thats the reason, that a lot of k an jactors look after 30 older, than they are.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 10th, '11, 02:06

Tis OK, I'm accustomed to people messing up my nickname and also my real name. Sad life...

I'm scary?
Who said that likes biting? :whistling:

Yeah, this is why I find writing the names of actors in the thread name as stupid.
That was my one time act. Everyone has some things in his/her youth that doesn't want to repeat and wants to forget quickly, right? Eh, mistakes of the youth...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 08:30

Regarding Korean dramas. Another point I want to make is that the stories aren't very realistic. They throw in a lot of emotional turmoils like revenge and stuff. The parody on MAD TV about Korean dramas was hilarious. It's so true too. And why is it all rich guys fall for poor girls? And why are guys so devoted. IRL they aren't. The stories are mostly just stories. Truth is, both guys and girls cheat. Not that many are that devoted. Otherwise, there wouldn't be such huge divorce rates and unhappy marriages. And rich guys don't often fall for poor girls. They're writing stories on about the small percentages. It's nice and all to watch a love story but the main idea of the plots are rehashed over and over again. Two guys one girl. Rich guy falls for poor girl like Cinderella. Parents against their kids. The status are unequal so incompatible and blah blah blah.

I must say though I like the Korean action and comedy dramas. They're fun to watch but that's it. They're just stories to lighten the mood. Medical and detective films are best done by TVB. Original and thought provoking stories or crazy manga-like/fantasy stories are best done by Japanese.

Jav_sol, did you see the sexy photo of SYJ on the sofa? I didn't think she was all that pretty in Spring Waltz but she sure seems to have changed since then.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 09:43

Actually that in real life the rich guy don't fall for poor girls is not really the direct problem of rich/poor. Its not so, that in rl the guy thinks "she is not rich, so I won't fall for her". The problem is the social circle. Everybody has his own circle and the most rich people know just rich people. And everybody looks for a partner in their own "field". I for my part am a scientist and my gf too. Its not so, that i specially looked for a scientist gf, it just happens to be, that most of my friends are people i know from the university. So the possibility of a partner from the same social circle is significantly higher, than a partner from another circle and it has nothing to do with the value of the social circle. So its possible, that a rich guy falls for a poor girl in rl, as long as they have enough encounters. But thats just a note, so don't bother to to comment on this part^^.

The reason that the rich/poor-theme is often used is also very plausible. In dramas they need obstacles for the "love", which can be conquered. Rich/poor is an obstacle, which the most people from the target audience (the kyyaaaa-girls) can understand and imagine. Other obstacles, which are more subtle, are on the other hand not that easy to understand(for the kyaaaa girls) and so there are a lot of unused ideas. Also a lot of people from the target audience have this Cinderella-dream, so that they can identify themselves with the poor girl character.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 18:17

Silverman wrote: The reason that the rich/poor-theme is often used is also very plausible. In dramas they need obstacles for the "love", which can be conquered. Rich/poor is an obstacle, which the most people from the target audience (the kyyaaaa-girls) can understand and imagine. Other obstacles, which are more subtle, are on the other hand not that easy to understand(for the kyaaaa girls) and so there are a lot of unused ideas. Also a lot of people from the target audience have this Cinderella-dream, so that they can identify themselves with the poor girl character.
It's understandable most meet others through the same social circle. However, the rich and poor levels are quite existent in Asian society. That's why there's someone you marry and someone you fool around with. The well groomed one you marry, the wild one you play around with outside. It's because they socialize with a certain group at balls or parties. In order to get acceptance and network, you have to bring someone in who can fit in and be your partner. I think even part of western society is similar. I remember meeting the son of a big theatre chain. I was working at the film festival so I happened to see him there. My impression of him was just "wow" what an ass. Others were thinking "Ohhh... He's rich". I'm quite sure he would never date a poor girl or associate with one.

As for the kyaa girls they're catering to. If you keep using the same theme, it becomes one dimensional. There's no substance to it after awhile. I suppose some people just look for entertainment rather than quality scripts and larger varieties. My question is, how many versions of "Prince and me" will people watch until they get sick of it.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 10th, '11, 20:09

No they never get sick of, simply because my prince and me-fantasy is there since the beginning of humanity and we are still not sick of it. Even if for example you are sick of it, even though you liked before(just an example), then 2 other fans will take your place in the economy.

To the rich/poor thing. Then again, its how you define "rich". What is rich for you? Is someone, who earns 250-500k each year rich or poor? Or do you ount just peaople with several millions profit each year as rich?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 11th, '11, 19:14

Those that earn the 250-500k are very well off and fairly rich I suppose. But even those people hang out with certain types of people. They wear certain types of clothes, travel and hangs out with their own kind. Then you come across someone with no money, no background, no special skills or knowledge. It would be difficult to show your friends without being talked about behind your back. Conversation would be like "oh, what do you do? ohh.... ", "So have you been to <country>" "no I haven't" "where have you traveled to"? "nowhere". "I was just in Paris and did a shopping spree and bought tons of LV". Girl looks at herself, "I bought my clothes on sale at Walmart".

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 11th, '11, 20:05

Out of my personal experience its not so extreme (well perhaps its just me). For example. My family has a small business and we have about 250-500k $ profit each year. So for an average family you can say we have a little bit more. But then again compared to chaebols in the dramas its nothing (i can say for sure, that i'm not rich, because i live financially independent from my parents and live from my phd scholarship). But most of my friends and gf are "normal" people. Ok I have a schoolfriend whose family has a small bakerychain and the father of one another friend is a director of a hospital. But its not so, that we have a "secret society", where we hang out. We all have friends and girlfriends from the "normal" crowd. But then perhaps i'm just a douche who doesn't care about such things.

lol on the frequency of my posts you can notice, that i'm on vacation and my gf is on a 2 month-expedition in the Caucasus-region.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 12th, '11, 01:36

:offtopic:
seirin wrote:Jav_sol, did you see the sexy photo of SYJ on the sofa? I didn't think she was all that pretty in Spring Waltz but she sure seems to have changed since then.
She was in Spring Waltz? I don't think so, but I didn't watch that show.
What photo are you referring to? got a link? But, yeah, she's always had more of a 'cute' image rather that a 'sexy' one. I think she can pull of sexy, she's done some photoshoots and also when attending award ceremonies.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 12th, '11, 02:01

Jav_sol wrote::offtopic:
seirin wrote:Jav_sol, did you see the sexy photo of SYJ on the sofa? I didn't think she was all that pretty in Spring Waltz but she sure seems to have changed since then.
She was in Spring Waltz? I don't think so, but I didn't watch that show.
What photo are you referring to? got a link? But, yeah, she's always had more of a 'cute' image rather that a 'sexy' one. I think she can pull of sexy, she's done some photoshoots and also when attending award ceremonies.
Sorry I got it mixed up with the other season. I was actually referring to Summer Scent.

This is the pic I was referring to. I think there was a set of these posted somewhere but I can't find it.

Silverman wrote:Out of my personal experience its not so extreme (well perhaps its just me). For example. My family has a small business and we have about 250-500k $ profit each year. So for an average family you can say we have a little bit more. But then again compared to chaebols in the dramas its nothing (i can say for sure, that i'm not rich, because i live financially independent from my parents and live from my phd scholarship). But most of my friends and gf are "normal" people. Ok I have a schoolfriend whose family has a small bakerychain and the father of one another friend is a director of a hospital. But its not so, that we have a "secret society", where we hang out. We all have friends and girlfriends from the "normal" crowd. But then perhaps i'm just a douche who doesn't care about such things.
Well, like you said. You hang around "normal" crowd. Not the poor crowd. The rich wouldn't hang out with the "normal" nor "poor crowd". You hang around people who've graduated with at least a post secondary education or higher. Depending on the level of hierarchy, it is seldom people associate with people in lower hierarchy. Maybe slightly lower perhaps, but not too much. I think Asia differentiates social status more than westerners. One example, Bae Yong Joon was dating a rich girl. He has his own business (entertainment company), but her dad made her break up with him. He's okay for dating, but not for marriage.

ladymoi14

Post by ladymoi14 » Dec 21st, '11, 07:13

i loooooooovvveeeee this drama!!! i'm not Lee Min Ho's fan,, but i gotta admit that he's looking very very gorgeous here!!! :w00t: :wub:

Lilith260

Re: Personal Taste (MBC, 2010) Lee Min Ho & Son Ye Jin

Post by Lilith260 » Feb 13th, '15, 23:45

Thank tou for the links

Eun-ju Lee

Re: Personal Taste (MBC, 2010) Lee Min Ho & Son Ye Jin

Post by Eun-ju Lee » Feb 18th, '15, 14:20

Im still near to episode 3.Its good :wub: