Playful Kiss (MBC, 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 18:35

Aww, Jana, love :mrgreen: I was just passing by... It wasn't me who said it's the worst ever (perhaps BOF is the worst), but netizens. We have to live a bit and watch it. Maybe the things will progress more. Apart from the controversy.

They want to make Korean version of Hana Kimi, there is this talk about it for 2 years already.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 11th, '10, 13:16

Really? I hope it's a good one... and I hope they actually pick YOUNG highschool-applicable actors to play it... otherwise, I don't think it'd work. *shrugs* plus they better fix the ending at the least.... I mean make it look believable because the ending of Hana Kimi in both versions are... like is that it? After all this time... that's it?

Nyeh.

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 12th, '10, 03:15

janajee wrote:Me too. I'm currently trying to finish downloading ToGetHer, it looks cute. Hahahaha, I've even watched KO One just because he was there... though drama, admittedly was a little... well cheesy. Hahaha, but I liked him there because Jiro Wang is adorable usually anywhere.

And Hana Kimi? Hahaha I enjoyed both the Japanese version and the Taiwanese version of that... even though both the endings kinda left me wondering out loud if that was it. *shrugs* It wasn't the best drama, but still wasn't so bad.
I got really into ToGetHer, and I thought the ending paid off, which is always nice. I hate getting 3/4 into a series and suddenly finding a nonsensical melodrama plot (what's with terminal illness in romantic comedies?) or a lame, unsatisfying ending. It was a sweet series that didn't jump the shark, and the two leads were quite cute with each other. Plus Jiro finally got to be the handsome and desirable male lead in that series. He's played a few second fiddles, but I'd never turn him down as a leading man :)

Hana Kimi, though, I rate as the worst series I've seen all the way through. I liked the TW version (Ella was instructed to over-act too much, and Wu Chun isn't a phenomenal actor, but there's a sincerity and sweetness that I like about him, and I find Ella endearing even when they're having her make silly faces) and I expected/hoped the Japanese version would be similar, but with a better ending (though I did like Ella's voice over at the very end, the resolution of the tension was obviously a poor set up for a second season that never happened.) The Japanese version was just such a huge disappointment. I couldn't get over the fact that there was a 35-year-old "high school" student in gold lame cape, and there wasn't any meat to the story beyond what I assume were supposed to be funny side plots that I didn't find humorous, and no chemistry between the leads. I've stopped watching other series because I disliked them for similar reasons (i.e. Mei-chan no Shitsuji) but Hana Kimi was such a big disappointment. I expected much better given the actors and source material, I guess. I'd appreciate a Korean version if it were a lot more like the TW version/closer to the manga, but with a better ending and better direction than TW's.

And speaking of Korean remakes--
I just finished my re-watch of ISWAK this afternoon, and the part where Ah Jin finally proposes to Xiang Qin makes me so sad. I haven't read the manga; is that in there? I sort of hope it isn't, because with the Korean Jin character... it's going to be an annoying scene rather than a really heart-rending one. When he goes to kiss her and she can't and he realizes just how much she loves Zhi Shu and how no matter what, he's never going to have a chance with her? So sad. And it's only really effecting if Jin is a likeable, good guy. Not a grease monkey :/

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 12th, '10, 04:19

Hello! I am new here and I was wondering if there's a group working on this dorama.
I love the taiwan version and I have been wondering about this one.
Thank you very much for all the help!

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 12th, '10, 04:49

Lyla wrote:Hello! I am new here and I was wondering if there's a group working on this dorama.
Haru2subs.com has picked it up for softsubs but has not released any yet (that I know of.) Subtitled and apparently licensed eps are also available streaming at viikii.net about a day after they air.

geejeez

Post by geejeez » Sep 12th, '10, 05:51

still the best naoki irie is takashi kashiwabara..........

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 13:15

I have to admit that the TW Hana Kimi was the one I enjoyed more... but I still think both series bombed. Hahahaha, and if they're going to make a Korean series I hope they make that better, with a better ending.

And the scene you were talking about... I felt so sorry for Jin... I was going, aw man, pick me, pick me! I'd love you forever. Hahahaha.
That's why I was so happy for him in TKA. He at least found Christine and they got together and married and stuff in the end. At least he was happy
I check haru2 subs on a daily basis, they're done with the translation on the first episode, but they still got the rest to do... I'm thinking it'll take a couple more days before the quality subs for the first episode appears. I'm a little excited because I didn't watch the vikii because I wanted to wait for high quality subs.... and now they're almost here, heheheheh.

I'm going to rewatch ISWAK too, just so that I won't feel all... GRAH at the wait. Hahahahah

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 12th, '10, 18:04

foxtoast wrote:
Lyla wrote:Hello! I am new here and I was wondering if there's a group working on this dorama.
Haru2subs.com has picked it up for softsubs but has not released any yet (that I know of.) Subtitled and apparently licensed eps are also available streaming at viikii.net about a day after they air.
Thank you very much for the info!!
Let's see if this dorama is any good, ne?

pol0

Post by pol0 » Sep 13th, '10, 03:19

foxtoast wrote:
new here but i found a site that is subbing this drama. http://www.teammalaysiaproject.co.cc/
only 2 of the subs are up right now.
hope that helps.

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 13th, '10, 04:10

pol0 wrote:
foxtoast wrote:
new here but i found a site that is subbing this drama. http://www.teammalaysiaproject.co.cc/
only 2 of the subs are up right now.
hope that helps.

This is seriously a lot of help!!! Thank you so much for sharing it m(_ _)m
THANK YOU!!!

qurrotaayu

Post by qurrotaayu » Sep 13th, '10, 05:15

i think the drama is better than the Taiwanese and Japanese version. the story is more cheerful, and the love story is growing fast :wub:, not like the Taiwanese version, too much unimportant scenes. and I think kim hyun joong act is nice. cool but still have emotion. that's normal :mrgreen:

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 13th, '10, 05:53

It says you still have to be a member to be able to download from that site, or at least like withs2, like VIA release or something. Maybe I'll just wait for the haru2 subs team. They seem to provide really good works anyway.

@qurrotaayu; I think the reason why the love story grows fast is because they're limited by the short span that korean dramas usually have (16-20 episodes usually), unlike the Taiwanese, they had to fill in at least 30 episodes. *shrugs*

So I was wondering if it's true that because of the actors going on strike, that there will be no episodes coming this week? Is it true?

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 13th, '10, 15:12

janajee wrote:It says you still have to be a member to be able to download from that site, or at least like withs2, like VIA release or something. Maybe I'll just wait for the haru2 subs team. They seem to provide really good works anyway.

@qurrotaayu; I think the reason why the love story grows fast is because they're limited by the short span that korean dramas usually have (16-20 episodes usually), unlike the Taiwanese, they had to fill in at least 30 episodes. *shrugs*

So I was wondering if it's true that because of the actors going on strike, that there will be no episodes coming this week? Is it true?

I'm going to download the Haru2 subs whenever they come out because I like to keep an archived copy of series in case I want to watch them again a few years later (I lost my avi episodes of ISWAK in a hard drive crash so I just had to watch it on YouTube). I'll compare the subs out of curiosity, but I find that generally viikii subs are pretty good for Korean and Chinese, probably because so many people work on them and there are a fair number of natively bilingual translators for those languages.

I haven't heard anything about the actors going on strike, but aren't Korean dramas filmed in advance like Taiwanese dramas? Given the pace of this drama I assume they're covering the same amount of the manga as the TW first season, which means we won't see the second half of the story because the ratings aren't high enough to get a sequel. (I have mixed feelings about the second season of ISWAK, but I like some of it and it's nice to see some of the resolutions for the characters.)

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 13th, '10, 19:12

I've lost mine too... It took me a long time to find a torrent for it, and several weeks to finish downloading because there was hardly anyone seeding it anymore, but I waited patiently and now I've got a pretty good copy sitting in external harddrive and I'm seeding for as long as I live. Hahahah, have I ever mentioned that I love ISWAK because for all it's flaws, it's the first ever drama that I've got hooked on, ever? Heheheheh.

Well I heard about it, I think in the soompi thread, amidst the several oppa cries and the kyaaaa-ness that they only had finished four episodes ready to air, and if the actors, I think it's from every network if I'm not mistaken, don't get what they want they won't film anymore... *shrugs* Reminds me of that year where a lot of people went on strike during the... oscars? emmys? I'm not even sure if was the writers or the actors... I didn't really care then.

Or maybe they'll fit it ALL into one season? Hahahaha, they seem to be going fast enough for that. Just a bit of an exaggeration. HAHAHA. As for TKA, it's... well...it's a good sequel to ISWAK, but there are some parts that really annoyed me.
Like the way they didn't smarten up Xiang Xin just a little bit... or the wedding of her friend Chun Mei and Ah Bu? I don't know, there were just a lot of unnecessary scenes

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 13th, '10, 19:39

janajee wrote:I've lost mine too... It took me a long time to find a torrent for it, and several weeks to finish downloading because there was hardly anyone seeding it anymore, but I waited patiently and now I've got a pretty good copy sitting in external harddrive and I'm seeding for as long as I live. Hahahah, have I ever mentioned that I love ISWAK because for all it's flaws, it's the first ever drama that I've got hooked on, ever? Heheheheh.

Well I heard about it, I think in the soompi thread, amidst the several oppa cries and the kyaaaa-ness that they only had finished four episodes ready to air, and if the actors, I think it's from every network if I'm not mistaken, don't get what they want they won't film anymore... *shrugs* Reminds me of that year where a lot of people went on strike during the... oscars? emmys? I'm not even sure if was the writers or the actors... I didn't really care then.

Or maybe they'll fit it ALL into one season? Hahahaha, they seem to be going fast enough for that. Just a bit of an exaggeration. HAHAHA. As for TKA, it's... well...it's a good sequel to ISWAK, but there are some parts that really annoyed me.
Like the way they didn't smarten up Xiang Xin just a little bit... or the wedding of her friend Chun Mei and Ah Bu? I don't know, there were just a lot of unnecessary scenes
Now that I think about it, I think you're right that Korean dramas don't film in advance like Chinese dramas. When Koo Hye Sun was in her car accident there was a week or two in which Boys Over Flowers didn't air. It's a bit surprising that they haven't filmed further in advance given that they're airing two per week, but I guess they're more like daytime soaps than evening dramas and can thus be filmed and edited faster. In the US, it was a writer's strike a couple years ago. I just googled for about two minutes and this is what I found regarding Korea: http://www.koreantopnews.com/story.php? ... lt-filming Dunno if it'll effect Playful Kiss. I guess we'll just wait and see. (The soompi threads sometimes make me feel old so I don't check there much; for one thing basically none of these actors are my "oppa" anymore because I'm old enough that all the hot young actors are now younger than I am...)

ISWAK was the first Taiwanese drama I got hooked on after getting hooked on a few Japanese dramas, but I watched it right after I had surgery and couldn't do anything but lie in bed and watch TV, so it became a beloved companion for about a week of recovery. It still holds a dear place in my heart. Parts of ISWAK 2 bothered me for the same reasons, plus-
Zhi Shu ran way too hot and cold with her. I don't expect his personality to fundamentally alter after marrying her, but I do expect him to not be outright cruel to her. There were a couple times in TKA that I wanted to smack him and tell him to grow up and be nice to his wife. I know the idea is sort of that they married early and the relationship was still developing, but there's no excuse for some of his behavior. If I were Xiang Qin in that situation, I'd be a bit of a wreck, too. It's depressing to see someone earnestly asking her spouse if he actually loves her.

They also just had too many episodes so there was too much filler and it kind of meandered. I think it would have been a better sequel if it had been a half-season length.

As for Playful Kiss, I assume they're doing about the same amount as ISWAK because if they did the whole storyline they'd probably need to get married between ep 10 and 12. It doesnt seem to be going that fast, but from what I know of the anime it did the whole story, so I suppose it is possible.
Last edited by foxtoast on Sep 13th, '10, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 13th, '10, 19:52

ISWAK was my catapult into the drama world. If it wasn't for ISWAK I probably wouldn't be here all watching and different kinds of dramas at all. That's why even though a lot of people continue to say that it had a lot of crappy stuff in it... and though I agree with some of them... I'll still hold ISWAK close to my heart. HAHAHA, it will always be awesome for me.

I know what you mean with TKA
I know! I mean in ISWAK it was okay, because of the whole hiding how he felt thing. But with TKA, it's just hard to see him being mean to his wife. But sometimes I think he makes up for it for the extra sweetness he shows right after. Hahahaha.
Hopefully the fact that most Korean dramas are short, they wouldn't have the same problem with the too many unnecessary scenes. I hope it kinda focuses on just the two of them.
Especially since the only other character that I really really liked a lot in ISWAK was Ah Jin, but since Greaser boy here isn't at all endearing to me yet, I don't mind if they forget about him. Hahahhaha

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 14th, '10, 14:15

After watching a long preview of the next episodes, I think I know where they are going with the story. Clearly they won't be focusing on the high school life and just jump to when they are in University and the development of their relationship as young adults. Of course this is just my opinion, I still have hope for this dorama to pick up rating!

About the strike and no-episodes. I read somewhere, that Kim Hyun Joong said on the press conference of th show (when it was about to premiere) that they already filmed the kissing scene; I am guessing they have already at least done some episodes, because of the strike, and not cut when the story is just starting.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 14th, '10, 18:12

SWEET

At least we've got an episode five and six that's for sure.

Hmmm, well I also didn't really want them to focus on their highschool life too much. It's just a beginning and it's in their university life that has a lot of scenes. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but...
I think it was pretty fast in ISWAK too. It's in their university life that they took a long, LONG, time. But hey I hope they cut some unnecessary scenes and just cut to the chase in this Korean version, which they seem to be doing
Oohh, excited for episode 5 :) Yayness.

cghu007

Post by cghu007 » Sep 14th, '10, 19:30

@janajee.. I think Ethlenn could take my comments just fine. But I guess she's pretty glad she has an eloquent defender in you. Your online friendship touched my heart.. awwww

I've been reading all the pages of this thread (coz I'm a bum who needs a real life fast) and people have been discussing all sorts of things EXCEPT the drama, well.. bashing it in the disguise of "comparing it to the ever superior Taiwanese version" doesn't count.. at least in my dramaverse. I'm pretty sure I can find more interesting (read: cheerful & loving) PK threads somewhere else so I'm outta here. I'm pretty sure I won't be missed anyway.

Playful Kiss fighting!

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 14th, '10, 21:17

Try soompi, if you don't mind being flooded with oppa and kya after every sentence. I'm pretty sure that would be your cup of tea though. They seem cheerful and loving about it.

The one great thing I love about d-addicts threads is that we can talk about someone or something in a negative light and you're not going to get bashed/banned about it. We never said anything about PK being anything other than what we've seen and watched it to be. If you've noticed I've pretty much been excited about it ever since it came out.

*shrugs*

Also there's nothing wrong with comparing it to ISWAK. It's the one that most people have watched and it's the one a lot of people have grown to love. I really don't understand what you have against it. We've pretty much BEEN DISCUSSING the drama ever since the first episode. There's only been 4 episodes and how many times can you really say...

"Oppppaaaa fighting!" - all the time anyway?

Yeesh.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 15th, '10, 00:23

A forum is a place for expressing opinions. Whether someone hates something or loves it, they are free to express it, as long as it's not by offending other members.
If one wants to post bad reviews or say the show sucks, one is free to do so. You're free to spazz and so are we. Freedom should work both ways, shouldn't it?

Soompi is a nice place if kyaaing and blind positiveness is all one needs. If you can handle fangirls, do stop by there. I personally, would never set foot in that place.

As for the drama, it's a remake of a popular manga. We have anime and live-action series from it, so there's nothing wrong with comparing. In fact, it's the best way to give constructive criticism.
If it is based on something, especially when we're talking about a popular and well-loved work, the series has to live up to the legacy the mangaka, may she rest in peace, left behind.

Personally, I think it's doing ok for a drama of its nature although I do think it's not doing the original work justice. It's a bit too cheap-looking. I expected a more expensive production.
As long as they maintain the spirit of the story though, we're good. Could be a lot better (a whooole lot), but it's also not the worst series in the world. Just bad when it comes to the original.

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 15th, '10, 03:39

janajee wrote:SWEET
At least we've got an episode five and six that's for sure.

Hmmm, well I also didn't really want them to focus on their highschool life too much. It's just a beginning and it's in their university life that has a lot of scenes. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but...
I think it was pretty fast in ISWAK too. It's in their university life that they took a long, LONG, time. But hey I hope they cut some unnecessary scenes and just cut to the chase in this Korean version, which they seem to be doing
Oohh, excited for episode 5 :) Yayness.
I have to agree with you about ISWAK, they did take way too long for some action after high school.

I have been reading the comments after mine and I have to say I am enjoying the dorama. It's awfully cute but at times seems to be missing something. I believe the leads have a good chemistry and I wish it to be taken to tension moments which, of course, will lead to adorable scenes of them still not expressing their feelings :wub:

It's impossible not to compare to ISWAK because of the popularity that version gained. Back then Ariel and Joe were a hot topic, specially if people were talking about them being a couple in real life. Everyone wanted the on-screen relationship to be off-screen too. Plus the dorama had it moments of cuteness and nice characters.
Not comparing this version to the older one is like watching Hana Yori Dango and not compare it to the manga (I am talking about originals here). I remember when Boys Before Flowers started everyone was talking about Lee Min Ho's acting while comparing it to MatsuJun's.

@Orion1986, I need to ask! I HAVE TO ASK!! What's going on with your banner and icon? Who was there before? WHO?!

Thank you guys. You're lots of fun!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 09:45

There is this policy here, like in the US army: Don't ask, don't tell....

No, I'm joking again, mehehe^^
No need for a bad sarcasm here.

Someone asked about shooting the drama: in Korea there is a policy of shooting the first 6 episodes (sometimes less) beforehand, than, if the show is liked (or more: if the TV still wants to broadcast it) the rest is shot. The episodes that are aired Wed.-Thu. are finished usually two, three days earlier. That is why the drama goes along the four seasons. So there is nothing like shooting the drama in the summer and broadcasting in December.
Peace!

PS. Lyla, I HAVE to ask: is that your kitty in the ava??

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '10, 10:23

Just to clear something about soompi because I think it might be abit misunderstood here. Not all threads on soompi are the same. Maybe in actors/actresses thread yes but to be honest so is all these kind of threads in every forum, even on d-a here except for jks thread. Is mostly full of praises nothing more.
Have been on some of dramas thread that I am following at the moment because
1- there aren't much threads on kdramas here
2- people following those dramas are more and active
So I have read both good and bad reviews on each thread and not just praises. :P

kodra

Post by kodra » Sep 15th, '10, 10:47

Hi everyone!
If you like drama Playful kiss, please, vote for it here: http://kr.rival.kids.yahoo.com/rival/sc ... iew&cd=304
It really needs your votes ;)))))

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 10:58

Yeah, site is in Korean, but:

nooxen

Post by nooxen » Sep 15th, '10, 11:21

Hello everyone!
New to this but not a newbie when it comes to Hyun Joong. :D
Just a quick question.. Anyone in here knows when the English subtitles for this drama will come out? And who is the team working on it? Thanks in advance!
Playful Kiss, fighting! :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 11:36

Did you read the first post of the uploader of this drama here?
If not, http://www.haru2subs.com/drama-projects

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 15th, '10, 12:11

@Ate Issy; APOLOGIES!!!! :( It's just when I tried to check there about the thread in PK, all I got where a lot of rabid fangirls and there were some who were trying to criticize... but then they got swallowed by the rest. I didn't get past a couple of pages though because I just got tired of it... Maybe I should have gone more? It may started from me, so I do apologize for the misunderstanding with the whole soompi thread.

@nooxen And yep, according to Haru2 subs subtitle status, they're finished with the translation of episode 1, but there seems to be a lot left to do... so we'll just have to wait till there done. There's always vikii though, if your anxious for it :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '10, 12:30

@ jana
Don't worry darling. I also see your point. I'm afraid that it mostly happens with dramas staring idols (specially young ones) and of course they have some crazy fangirls blinded by their love.
But with mature/older actors dramas, you don't get to see this much. But you still read some biased reviews and opinion. I guess there is no way out. We see it happening all the time, every where here and there.
Uch

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 15th, '10, 13:00

I'm sure soompi has serious people and threads too, but cghu007 is looking for a place for this here drama.
And somehow, I don't think the Playful Kiss A.K.A Second Acting Gig Of The Table thread will be one of those.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '10, 13:18

Orion1986 wrote:I'm sure soompi has serious people and threads too, but cghu007 is looking for a place for this here drama.
And somehow, I don't think the Playful Kiss A.K.A Second Acting Gig Of The Table thread will be one of those.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
have to agree on this. reinded me of YAB airing time and its thread there.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 15th, '10, 13:21

It's not.

I had to wade through 80 pages of kyaaaness, trying to look for updates about it, and my head hurt afterwards. My hair stood on end for several minutes. It was... scary. That's why I'm so thankful that at least, there's a thread here where we can have intelligent conversations and criticisms about a drama without feeling the need to hide behind kyaa ness and oppa ness

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 15:44

Just look at demographic at soompi. 85% is below 18.
There are normal people, like 3 of them every 20 pages. And what's most annoying is the fact that if you ask questions, you will be ignored. It looks like the posters don't read the posts above.
It's useful for those who don't venture on Korean sites, because of pics. But the amount of hormones there is just overwhelming.

Yes, Issy, YAB thread was really scary then... really scary...

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 15th, '10, 17:26

janajee wrote:@Ate Issy; APOLOGIES!!!! :( It's just when I tried to check there about the thread in PK, all I got where a lot of rabid fangirls and there were some who were trying to criticize... but then they got swallowed by the rest. I didn't get past a couple of pages though because I just got tired of it... Maybe I should have gone more? It may started from me, so I do apologize for the misunderstanding with the whole soompi thread.
Nah, that's pretty accurate. Soompi has enforced positivity (you can't even compare, period), I assume because any rational discussion comparing two series or talking about a show or actor's work that wasn't glowingly positive devolved into fangirl flaming. If that's the environment one is looking for, more power to you, but I like that DA threads will express a range of opinions and nobody turns drama fandom into a blood sport over it.

So, um... Kyaaa, dongsaeng fighting!

There's my spirit of soompi :)

Looking forward to this week's PK
There MUST be a kiss in one of these two episodes, no? In the TW version they kiss around episode 7 of the 30 episode edit, so if it isn't in ep 5 of PK they'll actually be trailing in terms of pacing!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 17:48

foxtoast wrote:
Nah, that's pretty accurate. Soompi has enforced positivity (you can't even compare, period), I assume because any rational discussion comparing two series or talking about a show or actor's work that wasn't glowingly positive devolved into fangirl flaming.
I couldn't say that better myself.

Anyhow, some news, positive ones this time (don't hate me cause I'm ... well...)
YouTube version of "Mischievous Kiss" to air starting Nov
Kim Hyun-joong series "Mischievous Kiss" sold to 12 countries

This is strange, because yesterday SBS signed the deal that every video that contains any material from SBS must be removed from YouTube. But I guess they changed their mind. Oh, well, SBS blockheads again...

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 15th, '10, 18:16

Meh.

I really didn't like my experience there period. A hundred plus pages of kyaa, and oppa can drive anyone mad.

As for the links. What do they mean? Like they'll produce a 10min video per episode? On youtube? How will that work? And it says it'll have new stuff? Like never before scenes? Also sold ahead in the Philippines?
Our country is SUPPOSED to be in recession, but we're buying dramas everywhere. Hay, way to go Philippines?
@foxtoast
That kiss at ep. 7... was an awesome scene. HAHAHA, when I first watched it I replayed it several times. HAHAHAH
I'm hoping the Korean version will do the same. nyahahahha :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 15th, '10, 18:43

And please
No more pecks! Look at Min Ho in PT, damn it! He swallowed the woman whole! Or Gong Yoo. Same thing... Or Ji Hwan in Coffee House.... Damn.. that was hot... *nosebleed again*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 19:18

The "bra-gate" has already stirred up whole Korea, mothers were furious over drunk teenager. This is a show that is watched by 13 years old as well as by us. We, older ladies (or, like me, hags) may be "eww" about the pecks, but I don't think anyone would swallow anyone in this drama.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 15th, '10, 19:49

True. Especially not in this drama. Would be nice though. I mean, I don't need tongue-action or anything, but I don't like unrealistic "kissing" either.
It's not nice when it looks like the guy finds the girl too disgusting to fully press his lips against hers. Neither extreme is fair to anyone.

At least open your damn mouths a bit. Like so:
Damn it, Ji Hwan... You're too good. *nosebleeding for the third time today*

I still can't understand whether the kissing depends on the channel, series-makers or actors. Or all of them. Still, not much hope for Playful Kiss, as you say Ethlenn.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 19:55

Well, it depends on many different things: director, actors, broadcast and agency. OK, Kim The Table is under Ji Hwan's agency, but I don't think this will influence him even a bit.

You shouldn't bring him here, Orion, you just shouldn't...

I have nothing against pecks, but on the cheek (the upper one, hehe), or even lips, but only when it's reasoned, like someone is in the hurry, people kiss like that.
But not like in the dead-fish manner. Please! Put some emotions in it!
Then again, I forgot what drama I'm talking about....

lily09

Re: Playful Kiss (MBC , 2010)

Post by lily09 » Sep 15th, '10, 20:12

This drama is very funny!!

Lee Tae Sung is perfect!!

But The kiss what is it????

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 15th, '10, 20:56

Ethlenn, pecks are normal when someone is in a hurry or it's just a quick bye bye or "I love you" in public. It's what couples do AFTER they're normal couples.

Kisses in kdrama are so bad because even the first, supposedly passionate, kisses are like that. They build up so much emotion with the story and ruin it.
When two people have gone through all the drama and have their first kiss together, the passion would not let them just give barely a peck.
Giving the don't-touch-too-much kiss in scenes that are supposed to be emotional and intense, between two people in love, is just awful.

Polleen

Post by Polleen » Sep 15th, '10, 21:05

Because it has the same director as Goong had, I hope the kiss intensity will be something like in Goong as well. There were not pecks at all. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '10, 21:11

That was exactly my point.

OK, I love Goong, with all its faults and shortcomings, with all its nonsense and cheeziness. I love it.
But I still see no way on He... Earth, they will kiss like in Goong. Not a chance.
See, neither Yun Eunhye, nor Ju Jihun had any restriction towards closeness. That is why they had such great "touching" moments (and by touching I mean a real hand-on-the-body moments).

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 15th, '10, 21:16

janajee wrote:
@foxtoast
That kiss at ep. 7... was an awesome scene. HAHAHA, when I first watched it I replayed it several times. HAHAHAH
I'm hoping the Korean version will do the same. nyahahahha :)
Me too. I am not too proud to admit that rewatched it a couple times and went back after I finished the series to watch some "highlights" and watched it again.

I'm not holding my breath for any hot kissing PK. I might be pleasantly surprised, but BOF had a few of those tight-lipped, uncomfortable-looking fish kisses, and given "bra gate" I'd imagine any kiss that even begins to suggest that lips may be moving and tongues may be involved will send the housewife moms into cardiac arrest over the moral purity of their daughters. I'd rather they just not directly show a kiss than show something that looks really awkward and unsexy. It can totally ruin the development/believability of a relationship. But I don't get what the big deal is, really. A kiss doesn't have to be lewd and lascivious to look authentic and hot (I am finishing off Down With Love at the moment and the opening song to the series has like a half-second of Jerry Yan kissing Ella, and that half-second is hot enough to make me unf. It doesn't have to be much, it just has to look right!)

Anyway, good on them for turning what sounds like a decent amount on overseas rights. I always wonder who ends up with the US rights to these and how that works. Recently there have been more on Hulu, but I wished they'd release more on DVD even though the ones that do come out are pretty unreasonably priced.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 15th, '10, 22:30

Hahahahaha.

I'm downloading Down With Love too!!! Hehehehe, though I haven't watched a single episode yet because when I watch I want it to be all ready and complete before I sit back and watch it properly. Hehehe, hence the reason why I haven't even watched My Girlfriend is a Gumiho at all. Hahahahaha and why it took me so long to finish watching Personal Taste.

Ahem, the only thing I can't seem to wait for is PK.

The problem with Korean dramas is that their kiss looks so fake. I rarely see awesome kisses. They don't even have to move around so much, just make it real looking. But I have to admit, as I am a prude, I prefer this kinds of kissing scenes rather than full-on-torrid scenes that western movies have... with a couple of exceptions. I usually prefer it short, sweet and simple. Hahahha

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 15th, '10, 23:30

Down with Love is pretty cute. I held off on watching past the first ep because I get really restless waiting for a series to get subbed, but it looks like the hardsubbing group handling this has put it on hiatus after ep 8, so I gave up and have been watching ep 9 and up on YouTube (there's another group that posted 750 p subs to YouTube, so though the subs themselves aren't as high quality as Doremii's, the video quality is pretty good.) I have a couple more eps to go, but I think I like it more than Personal Taste (for which 95% of my enjoyment can be attributed to the hotness of Lee Minho; Gae In and some of the storyline didn't do too much for me.)

I'm not a prude, but I also usually prefer restraint over a "see everything" approach (again, as long as it looks believable!) Restraint can be really hot. There's a reason people still love the romance plotlines in Jane Austen novels. More explicit stuff can be attractive, but I think it's a lot harder because it has to be done conscientiously and well. Too often it's just an excuse to be edgy or adult, without any real emotion or artistry behind it. A lot of sex scenes end up being a bit boring and pedestrian because of that.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 16th, '10, 00:15

Well they just uploaded Episode 9, I think yesterday? They say they're still doing it, it'll just take a while for them to finish. And since I've got a lot of stuff lined up to watch, it wasn't that much of a restless wait for me. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it though. And you're right, most of my enjoyment of PT was because of Min Ho. I'm a huge rabid fangirl fan of him. Especially looking forward to his new drama City Hunter where he'll play different sort of role. Hehehehehehe.

You can ask anyone of the ladies in the JKS thread. I'm a prude. Hahahahah. I mean before I didn't like it, but I got used to it since most of the stuff I watch are western and stuff... but ever since I came back to asian dramas, I've been desensitized so I feel weird every time I watch a movie and it has torrid see everything scene. It just feels weird watching people get it on. I like the leading up to the part enough, they don't have to show it. Implication is enough even.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Sep 16th, '10, 00:33

GIRLS NEED YOUR OPENION HERE STILL DIDN'T WATCH THE SERIES I' WAITING FOR THE ENGLISH SUB I'M ONLY LOADING IT NOW SO IS IT WORTH OR NOT :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 01:02

Oh, btw, I forgot to answer Lyla's question. Sorry, love. My signature is the result of a painful 5-6 months of witnessing how a normal young man can become something ridiculous.
I used to have an avatar and signature featuring Jang Keun Suk. I got into kdrama because of him and have been a fan since 2006. Renewed in 2009 when I found him again. Long story.

But his personality and choices for his public life have let me down very much. He seems vain, narcissistic and spoiled. He's neglecting his health and disrespecting his own gender with his weirdness.
He has also claimed he wants to be a serious actor, but is now jeopardizing his career and wasting his talent for the sake of fame and money and having as many as possible fangirls "loving" him.

charamelchampagne, the series is ok. It's a romantic one, not very deep or meaningful, some characters are ok and it's a way to spend the time. Nothing amazing, nothing bad either.
I think you should watch 2-3 episodes and see for yourself, if it's something you'd like or not. It comes down to personal preference and what you look for in a series and a story.

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 16th, '10, 03:15

Ethlenn wrote:That was exactly my point.

OK, I love Goong, with all its faults and shortcomings, with all its nonsense and cheeziness. I love it.
But I still see no way on He... Earth, they will kiss like in Goong. Not a chance.
See, neither Yun Eunhye, nor Ju Jihun had any restriction towards closeness. That is why they had such great "touching" moments (and by touching I mean a real hand-on-the-body moments).

I have to agree with you on this one m(_ _)m
The closeness I saw in Goong is so rare in any kind of asian drama!

@Orion1986: Wow! That's an intense answer! LOL. I do like him but only follow his work not personal choices, did he say something very inappropriate? Last time I check he was doing OK. Of course, he choose to do some light comedies (aka My Pet) and it would be awesome to watch him in something like The Case of Itaewon Homicide again but I think he is just doing ok for his age. Maybe when he gets older he will be back at more serious roles, if that's what happen with you.
Thanks for answering!

PS: I am downloading episode 5 of PK right now! Only a few minutes from watching the episode, yay!!!

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 16th, '10, 03:18

Ethlenn wrote:PS. Lyla, I HAVE to ask: is that your kitty in the ava??
Sadly no. Not my cat but how cool and cute is he/she?!

I did however took photos of another cool cat who decided to leave the school's playground (of the neigberhood) to the brand new Starbucks in front of my house. He even steals sofa space!!! :roll

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 16th, '10, 04:58

@charamelchampagne; it's okay. If you liked BOF, then you'd probably like this. KHJ has improved with his acting, compared to how he did it in BOF. And he seems like he's having fun in each episode.

EPISODE 5!
Hehehehe, it seems so nice! I've skipped here and there, and I'm definitely enjoying it... It's light and fluffy and awesome. Hahahah. Am looking forward to Episode 5. Hmmm, foxtoast... me wonders what's up with that last part. I wonder what the words they were saying because man, it's like they're getting to one of my favorite scenes already!!! Hahahahahah
Episode 6, come come come soon. Hahahahaha :)

kodra

Post by kodra » Sep 16th, '10, 11:02

kodra wrote:Hi everyone!
If you like drama Playful kiss, please, vote for it here: http://kr.rival.kids.yahoo.com/rival/sc ... iew&cd=304
It really needs your votes ;)))))
Yes, it's in Korean and you may vote over and over again.
For voting you must:
Attachments
Рейтинг3.JPG
Рейтинг3.JPG (37.47 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Рейтинг2.JPG
Рейтинг2.JPG (37.75 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Last edited by kodra on Sep 16th, '10, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 11:12

Lyla, he has been dressing like a woman (not for his own personal time, but for public appearances), prancing around Asia doing fan meetings like crazy and doing stupid things in them.
Trust me, if you had seen the videos, interviews and looks he's had during the last 5-6 months and a bit more, you'd freak out as well. Most people do. Not zombie-fangirls. Normal ones.

I'm waiting on Viikii for Playful Kiss. I'll go check now. Episode 5 should be available and translated. Hee hee. I need some Table now. And some Dead Carp. Need some fluff here! Gimme fluff! :P

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 16th, '10, 11:22

Thought I'd never here you say that you need some Table, but now that you just did, I have only one thing to say.

The world is coming to an end.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 11:31

Ahahaha. Exhibition of Fireworks was so damn melodramatic that I need mindless fluff and emotionless actors right now. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 16th, '10, 11:33

For the record: I must nothing.
And the warning: one more post like this, kodra, and you will receive the warning. Because this is spam.

@Lyla: the kitty is sooo cute^^. And JKS is just a vain dumbass, that's all.

And the world is ending indeed if Orion, that mighty Hunter goes for a Dead Carp...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 11:54

Ahaha. Keun Suk messed me up, indeed. Maybe Ji Hwan can fix it. He's doing good so far. :P I think I'll go watch The Table now. I have to find more expressions. Need to make a good video of em.

nooxen

Post by nooxen » Sep 16th, '10, 15:06

Thank you Ethlenn & janajee for your replies. Indeed, viikii is already doing a good job with the translation and the uploading of each episode but I'd rather not see it there, my pooter freezes every time I try to watch anything there.. Maybe viikii has a problem with my OS, don't know.
Anyways, thanks!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 15:21

Watched Episode 5 on Viikii
I quite liked it. Although they did substitute the peritonitis with a car accident. Still, cute.
I'm glad the fantasy this time was a bit less childish. At least no friggin' ballet dancing...
The Table is making us proud. He keeps making expressions. We need more though.

Also, behavior and hair aside, what's-his-name, Elvis, is a handsome devil, ain't he?
I mean, the actor. He's a very handsome man. Nice voice too. Great body. Very nice.
He's not exactly a decent actor, far from it, at least here, but I'm not talking skills right now.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 16th, '10, 15:27

@Ate Orion
The fantasy with the sword? Man, I don't know why but I found both of them really attractive too. I like the way KHJ smiled in this episode. It was.. well really cool. Hahahahaha.
It's my power me thinks. Positive thinking and silent cheering does work after all. Hahahahaha.

@nooxen; Me too. Hahahaha Vikii has a problem with my laptop too me thinks. Hahahaha, anyway, let's just wait for haru2subs for their subs? It seems to take awhile though, but I bet it wouldbe worth it. Hahahaha

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 16th, '10, 17:00

Episode 5 was cute!! I am starting to see more improvement in Kim Hyun Joong acting... and his smile was awfully cute (>W<) and the last scene, his face: priceless. Much better than on BOF. I actually felt his heart dropping to the floor by the expression of his eyes.
I have to say the lead girl is pretty good and she isn't annoying like Ariel on many scenes. Just my opinion.
I want to watch episode 6 now, I am totally enjoying this dorama.

@Orion1986: your comment about KJS amuses me and freaks me out! So confusing... Thank God I did not see anything of what you and the others are discribing. For now I will just choose blisful ignorance and just be.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 16th, '10, 17:14

Good on you. Trust me, your ignorance is your bliss right now. Although, I'm glad I found out just what kind of a "professional" he is. I don't want to like someone who's not worth my "feelings".

As for Episode 5
You're right about his expression at the end. When she got hit. By his usual standards, this was quite an emotional scene. Like you said, the only thing missing was his face going white from terror.
Our Table is doing well indeed. Again, he's still bad, but he is worlds apart from what he was in BOF.

Lyla

Post by Lyla » Sep 16th, '10, 18:04

Orion1986 wrote:
As for Episode 5
You're right about his expression at the end. When she got hit. By his usual standards, this was quite an emotional scene. Like you said, the only thing missing was his face going white from terror.
Our Table is doing well indeed. Again, he's still bad, but he is worlds apart from what he was in BOF.
You took the words out my mouth.
Well done, Table. So far, a job well done ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Lyla

Episode 6!

Post by Lyla » Sep 16th, '10, 23:39

Just finished episode 6.

SPOILERS ALERT!!!
Well... overall the episode was OK. Not my favorite so far but the couple did have it's moments.

I am quite disappointed at the kiss, not that I was expecting THE kiss but more like the reaction before and after was lacking. No tension from the leads -perhaps because they didn't feel confortable with each other when they had to film it- before the kissing and it should have! He was supposed to be seriously pissed because of the guy who follows around Ha ni 24/7 and other things.

But the biggest disappointment came AFTER the kiss... I was at least expecting some kind of reaction on his part when she was not watching him but nothing, not a thing. Like it was nothing, like he has no feelings for her... which clearly by now that's not true. He seems more pissed the days after the graduation than anything else and completly ignores her. Not even some alone time/shoot to let us know he is thinking about it/her.

Buuuu! What The French Toast?!

Show, you are awfully cute and I enjoy my time with you but at least, please, follow some drama etiquette by giving some unconfortable time between the leads together that means they are both affected.

Anyway, I will be waiting for the subs on vikii with you guys and I really want to watch episode 7 ASAP because I need to know there's going to be SOME kind of development and not only cat fights like the one I see in the future after the final scene.

taylor

Post by taylor » Sep 17th, '10, 00:52

Hyun Jung has more facial expression here in episode 5. I wish we will see the rest of it in the coming episodes.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 17th, '10, 02:12

Orion1986 wrote: disrespecting his own gender with his weirdness.
From what I've gathered, for you his weirdness is dressing up in feminine clothes and wanting an s-line, right? So, if you'd meet a cross-dresser or a drag queen, or anyone else who expresses his/her identity in an untraditional way, you'd tell him/her that he/she is disrespecting his/her own gender? I can understand if you don't like him and his personal choices, but that's a bit too much. Gender isn't exactly the simplest issue these days, so I personally wouldn't go there.

I'm glad to hear KHJ is doing better as the drama progresses. I'm dying to watch this, but as my Korean still sucks, I'm waiting for subs. Talking about kisses, the Taiwanese version had some good kisses in it. But since this is the Korean version, I'm not holding my breath. Teen dramas are usually pretty tame, so I'm expecting a few really lame ones. It's a good thing I'm already used to them, so I'm not that disappointed anymore.
Ariel Lin was really annoying in the Taiwanese version, but somehow I was still really addicted through the first season. It's good to hear that the female protagonist isn't that bad in this one. Ahhh, I just want to see it already!! Maybe I'll cave and watch it without subs...

BTW, who came up with the nickname Table? I like it. :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 17th, '10, 04:11

SSpiegel wrote:From what I've gathered, for you his weirdness is dressing up in feminine clothes and wanting an s-line, right? So, if you'd meet a cross-dresser or a drag queen, or anyone else who expresses his/her identity in an untraditional way, you'd tell him/her that he/she is disrespecting his/her own gender? I can understand if you don't like him and his personal choices, but that's a bit too much. Gender isn't exactly the simplest issue these days, so I personally wouldn't go there.
You misunderstand. I have no problem with drag queens or transvestites or gay people. But those people dress up the way they do, either in their free and personal time or for work. Work that requires them to be in drag for different reasons.
It's different for them. They are expressing themselves to society and through their work. But, did you ever see someone going to his day job as let's say, a secretary, in drag? No. They would not go to a job in drag unless the job required it.

Also, some of these people have genuine issues with their own sexuality and gender. They dress the way they do, because it represents them as people, not because it's fashionable or fangirls or anyone else wants them too.
Don't you think it's disrespectful towards them as well, when a straight man adopts their style just to show off and not because that's who he is? When he uses this style even though it doesn't match his identity?

And going back to the job thing, he is supposed to be an actor. He is not entertaining people at diner theaters. As an actor, whether he likes it or not, he has a public image to maintain and should show a respectable persona then.
In his own private life, he can do what he wants. He can dress like Jessica Rabbit, for all anyone cares. But celebrities are people fans use as role models. Their behavior towards others and themselves is something that influences the masses.

When someone knows young people will consider everything he/she does awesome and a good example to follow, they should be careful about what they teach these people. They have the obligation to be respectable for them.
Is it correct to establish the notion that straight men should look like women in everyday life when they don't want to? Or is it good to show that as long as you have lots of make-up and jewelry and pretty clothes, you will be cool and loved?

It's not only his style that makes for a bad role model. It's his behavior and style combined with the fact that he's someone who, in his capacity as an actor and idol, has the power to influence people and teach them the right or the wrong things.
I'm sorry, but he's bordering on anorexic and tours all over Asia, shaking his ass on stage like a stripper. I don't find any of those, things that young women should consider cool. Abusing your body and being promiscuous for fame.
Sorry for the long off-topic, but I don't like such misunderstandings. Not when they concern my character and not just my opinions.

Back to the series now. I watched Episode 6 as well.
The kiss was ok-ish (not as bad as the YAB ones), but like Lyla also said, it lacked something. Then again, it was supposed to. It was cold like that in the anime as well.
One thing I'm getting tired of is the singing and that annoying band of multi-colored fashionistas that keeps appearing just to fill the screen. They're cute, but without purpose.
And last, but not least. Kim "The Table" Hyun Joong. The origins of the name lie with our dear Ethlenn and the concept was born a while ago.
His awful performance in BOF made her compare him and his ability to show emotions to that of a wooden table. Completely emotionless and cold.
So, for quite a while, he was Mr. Wooden Table. Since that can be long sometimes, at some point, I started calling him "The Table" for short.

Since then, with the combined efforts of Ethlenn, the original creator and the editor, me, as well as all the other ladies that used both variations, we have Kim "The Table" Hyun Joong.
Another nickname I recently started to use, is Kimnocchio. Surprised by the fact that he now has expressions, I assumed he has a puppet master, moving his facial muscles from backstage.
Therefore, I named him Kimnocchio. The wooden man who dreams of becoming a real actor. He's doing ok so far. He's gaining new expressions and he's getting used to using them. Good boy.

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 17th, '10, 04:18

Looks like viikii has pushed back their releases a day so I haven't seen ep 6 (though I skimmed the spoilers since I already know the story, anyway...) On ep 5--
I'm really pretty indifferent to KHJ; he doesn't inspire heartfelt squee in me or anything, but I have to say after ep 5 that he looks really sweet when he smiles. His acting is still a little bland but he's definitely improved--there was some believable shock when Ha Ni got hit by the car. Oh Ha Ni is still carrying the series at this point, though. I know she's pretty new to dramas, but I think she'll have a good career because she's charming and pretty good for a newcomer.

And I liked that her fantasy was a Baroque duel for her heart; it was cuter and funnier than some of her other daydreams. KHJ suits a frock coat quite well :)

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 17th, '10, 04:26

Even here, I can't escape JKS. It's like he's a disappointing cloud hanging over me. But whatever, I'll wait, and wait until I'm proven wrong because as much as I don't like him, in the back of my mind I'll always be rooting for him...
I'm still downloading Episode 6, but from what I've seen from the preview
@foxtoast, you're not alone. Everytime he smiles I get all... awww, that's nice. And the car scene? Man, I was so proud of him when he managed to look shocked. It was... shocking. I want to see the kiss too at episode 6, but as my download speeds are dismally slow, I'm still patiently waiting for it to finish

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 17th, '10, 09:24

Oh, episode 6:
Let me just say that that was not a kiss so much as two heads making physical contact for a brief period of time then separating with as little friction as possible. But can't say I was really expecting much more. (Was the side shot to fully demonstrate how completely frozen his entire face remained the entire time really necessary, though?)

Actually my first impression of this episode was that the wardrobe coordinator must have taken the day off because our taciturn hero first appears in this--
...a white grandpa cardigan at least four sizes too big (seriously, I didn't even know you could get sweaters this big in Korea)

then this--
...an over-sized heather gray dolman sleeved top with brown pants. A bold sartorial choice of non-matching neutrals, Mr. Seung Jo, but I do wonder if your fondness for tent-like garments is fueled by some sort of insecurity. Please spend more time half-naked so that we the viewers may assess whether you have anything to be ashamed of in the abs department.

And then this makes not one but two cameos:
...WUT.

I won't even touch the Hana Kimi Liberace sequins jackets because that's like shooting fish in a barrel.

My personal jury is still deliberating on the perm. (On the one hand, it sort of looks like a small woodland creature crawled onto his head and died. On the other hand, I kinda like it.)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 17th, '10, 11:46

Ahahaha! Foxtoast, your comments are out of this world hilarious! :rofl:
I agree about his wardrobe and also about the stripping part. He looks like he put on weight and I need to get that pencil-skinny look of his in BOF out of my head. It burns us!
I don't agree on the bird/fish jacket she had on during her working hours though. It was supposed to be ridiculous and embarrassing and it was. Made her kind of cute too.
It's also nice to see that I wasn't the only one put off by the dead possum or cat or whatever that was that he had on his head after visiting the hair salon. That's awful.

Serienjunkie

Post by Serienjunkie » Sep 17th, '10, 11:51

Episode 6:
I found the kiss terrible.
Too rare feeling in the scene and the kiss. Compared with ISWAK one loses here defnitiv.
The kiss in ISWAK was passionate and sensitive. The kiss between Oh ha of Ni and Baek Seung Jo was too rigid and dearless. I had the feeling "it wanted it get fast behind itself".
:unsure:

The partial time jobs were funny. I like Oh ha of Ni very much. On the other hand I find Baek Seung Jo so far boring.