Marry me, Mary! (KBS2 2010-2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 19:16

Ladies, as we all know, Issy wrote in January about NNP project. We were all elated, drunk with happiness, on cloud nr 9. But then he started to look like a girl, and it's not only our opinion. And yes, we judge actors based on what they are showing us, and we may not like what we see. We still praise him for BV, for HJY, also for YAB. But we did find his recent behavior and clothes style weird, disturbing even. We have the right not to like it. We have no right to express it? Let's leave JKS and his appearance aside and focus on drama, OK? Please, from now on, only opinions on drama.

On different websites I read two different dates. If KBS wants to put it on SKKS slot, it has to be November 8, but if the broadcast is scheduled to start on Nov. 11 it has to be Wed.-Thu slot.

PS.
And please, ftr: I'm a member in the organisation for equalisation of rights of gay people, and against homophobia, so if we say someone looks gay: means he looks the way gay people are portrayed in the entertainment, not the way they are.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 15th, '10, 19:45

Is the SKKS slot the most popular time? Cause with this cast and so much hype about it, they're likely to try and make it big.

And you're right. No use fighting. But respecting other people's opinions and not jumping to conclusions about their values, is a must in any community.
So, peace, my bro...well, sisters. And brothers. Do we have brothers here? I'm confused with all these threads. Oh well, brothers are welcome. :D

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 15th, '10, 20:23

Orion1986 wrote:
Again, had you read all that we've said, you would have seen that we are, if anything, very supporting towards gay people. The nicknames are a joke on him and no other person.
It's his behavior, lack of consistency on what he shows people and his total disrespect for women and their looks/style AND gay men and straight men who have such "rolemodels" to represent them.

I won't keep explaining the same things I have so many times since you haven't read ALL that has been said before making your comments. It's happened before. And that's exactly the reason why I say your comments are uneducated. Or rather, selectively educated.
You found all our "mean" comments, but somehow missed all the things we've been saying about the rights of gay people and how wrongly they are being treated in Korea. You also missed the good things we've said about Jang Keun Suk and the numerous times we differentiate him from gay men.
If you really have read those "pages after pages" you claim to have read, you would know all these things. So, you either haven't taken the time to read our full opinions before forming your own of us, or it's not us who is biased against someone here.
Please, if you want to pigeonhole us like that, do some proper reading first, or ask us if that's the message we wanted to convey with our comments before carving your take on us in stone. That's a courtesy all of us have been giving to others, but we rarely seem to get it ourselves.

Some of the very recent comments on Keun Suk were that he was great in BV and we all wish he'd surprise us like that again and not do another "Tae Kyung". Did you miss that part? Because good things have been said.
I really don't know how that sort of jokes work... Making a joke out of someone using other people's sexual orientation and lifestyle. And then saying it doesn't really have anything to do with gays. Or that being gay is a joking matter. Hmm... I dun get it.
Honestly, I'm not that good of a person that I could say I've never called anyone gay to make a joke of him. I think I'm still safe to say it was back in high school or something. I'd like to think people mature from that time, and keep that sort of jokes at least between close friends. You are not among close friends. You are on an international forum, where everything you say is for everyone to see.

I think you missed my point when I said I missed your appraisals among the pages and pages of all kind of less flattering talk. If you have one praising sentence every 5 pages, it gets lost in all the other s**t (I have seen them, don't worry!). I'm sorry I haven't followed *all* the threads you have polluted with your talk about JGS, but I guess the bad stuff just really sticks with me. I guess it is ok to say "that disgusting woman-wannabe Gaysha" and then be all concerned about gay rights in the next sentence. It's like, "this guy is disgusting for being different", but "it's totally ok being different".

And there's still something really flawed about your whole attitude. I still fail to see how dressing and acting feminine (as a man) is disrespect for both women and men. I honestly want you to explain this to me, as I have no idea how you got that idea in your head. Maybe according to your view, women should never have put on trousers, since they were originally men's clothing. Like suits. Or ties. Or anything else manly. And honestly, I haven't seen a single piece of clothing on JGS that I would consider women's clothing. Yes, they are feminine, but not women's clothes. And while I was in Korea, I saw similar/"worse" clothing on guys all the time. I just see it as a different definition of masculinity. To me he doesn't look like a woman.

But I don't really want to make this an issue on whether he looks like a woman or not, or if he dresses in women's clothing or not. Because I don't see anything wrong with it even if he does. Everyone of us represents something, and I'd say you have to do something really bad to be a bad representation of whatever it is you're representing. Being feminine isn't really enough for me to start thinking of him as a disgrace for all humankind. There are all kinds of people in the world. Hell, I even know a guy who considers himself a male lesbian. I have no idea how that works, but I don't judge him. Who knows what JGS's motivation is behind this. Maybe he is gay. Maybe he is just really in touch with his feminine side. Maybe it's just a fashion thing. Pretty guys are popular in Korea. Or is that the whole problem? You see it as disrespect, because he's just doing it for fashion, for fangirls who love it, when there are real people who are like that? Even when I try to think about it like that, I still don't get it. I guess I got too used to guys in deeeeeeeep v-necks and cowls, skinny jeans and leggings that it's not a big deal for me.

p.s: I find your talk about fangirls deeply disturbing. Or then I've become so mentally unstable after loving pretty guys that I've screwed myself for life.

p.p.s: I'm not actually that biased with JGS. I do like him, but I know prettier guys. I just don't like that sort of talk that's been going on.

p.p.p.s: If you really were fans of his acting, you wouldn't be all "Jae Wook is gonna outshine him all the way" and "I'm just gonna watch this for Jae Wook/Geun Young", when you haven't seen a single episode. Who knows what kind of a performance he's gonna bring us. I think he's been good in everything I've seen him in. So, he might be typecasted. Song Kang-Ho, my favorite actor, practically plays the same character over and over again. He's still excellent in everything. How bout keeping an open mind for now?

ETA: I wrote this forever because I wanted to explain myself as well as I could. While being on topic is not a strong suite for anyone of us, I agree. Feel free to pm me, if you want to continue talking about this. Like I said, I can talk about this for days. It's not about me trying to tell you what to like or what you can say, but most of the stuff you've been saying is a bit over the top for my taste. If it's all a joke, well, it's not funny. You can voice your dislike in a classier way, too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 20:41

Drama talk.

Actually all popular dramas have the same time-slot as I see it. And I'm really confused about the airing date. I guess we have to wait till it appears on the broadcast timetable (it is even available for download as pdf from their website).

But I did right now something quite inexplicable: I checked the calendar. SKKS has 6 remaining episodes, and the last one (sniff) will be aired on November 8th, so there is no way on earth drama will start on Nov. 7. I guess Nov. 11 is the right date then.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 15th, '10, 21:09

I won't answer to all the comments since I've made my views clear already, but I will comment on saying Jae Wook will eat him alive, since it refers to this drama.
A fear we have all had for Keun Suk is that he might be tempted to repeat "Tae Kyung" or make the character shallow because he seems to crave for attention and it's the role that got it for him.
I mean, clothing and body issues aside, he seems a bit too in love with all the fame he is getting and with the admiration he is showered with by his fangirls.

So, if he does try to people please and doesn't focus on just being the best he can, of course someone like Jae Wook, who seems to be very serious about improving his skills, can "take him".
If Keun Suk's recent fame-crazy streak does not affect the way in which he does his work and he remains professional and collected and focused on the art itself and not the fame it might bring, he'll shine again.

Just like he did in Beethoven Virus. He was up against some serious talent there and he seemed to do his best for the character and for the work, not to please his fans or get more kyaaing from anyone.
And it turned out awesome. His best role, his most realistic, most convincing and most layered and rich yet. A real jewel of a performance that even made him look good next to Kim Myung Min. A veeery good actor.

But of course, when we see him do such extreme things and wear such flashy clothes and even abuse his own body just to brag about his S-line, which men just shouldn't be skinny enough to have (for health reasons), we're losing faith.
Losing faith in how much he really cares about the art of acting itself and about being a serious and talented actor, compared to just getting the approval of his fans who seem to care more about his cuteness than the man's talent and skills.

As for the time slot, November 11 it probably is then. Don't be sad, my thorn. You can just re-watch the series. ^^ Heck, I'll watch 4-5 episodes, just to see why you're all so gaga over it. For emotional support for its ending. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 21:13

Aww, love, no need to sacrifice yourself for us. We're crazy as we are, you know... And yes, I keep every episode on HD, re-watching^^, eh...

I will provide the timetable when it will be available, but I think it will be Nov. 11. But then again, I may be proved wrong.
I want to be proved wrong on so many different things... Life sucks lately...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 15th, '10, 21:19

You know, I will check it out because it seems that for all of you to love it, it can't be something I wouldn't like. I'll check it out. Just so that I'll have no regrets or doubts. ^^

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Oct 16th, '10, 02:37

Orion1986 wrote:I And brothers. Do we have brothers here?
There's at least one male here. :D

Orion1986 wrote:Losing faith in how much he really cares about the art of acting itself and about being a serious and talented actor, compared to just getting the approval of his fans who seem to care more about his cuteness than the man's talent and skills.
Well, this is a Korean drama we're talking about. Let's be honest talent isn't exactly a necessity, looks can get an actor/actress very far; there's more than one example of this in the Korean entertainment industry. :roll

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 16th, '10, 07:22

True true, but it would be sad to see someone who has talent and so much potential to waste it for fame and recognition from people who care more about the looks and style than the actual work and talent.
I mean, it's understandable why non-talented actors or idols will try and win by their looks or other "tricks" and people pleasing. They don't have acting talent to show, so there's no other way. But this guy has a choice.

We can blame this to youth and all, but youth has to end at some point. Well, the sillyness that comes with it at least. One of my very loved actors, Brendan Fraser, said this:
"I believe you have a responsibility to comport yourself in a manner that gives an example to others. As a young man, I prayed for success. Now I pray just to be worthy of it."
Keun Suk doesn't seem to have reached that phase where he wants to be good for being good and not for having fame and attention. He seemed to, for a while, but nope.
And since he's no school boy anymore, some of us are scared he never might, or might realize it after his career dies out. Wouldn't it be a shame, for a guy so talented?

Ok ladies and gentleman. :P We have a teaser thingy released.

First Teaser for Mary Stayed Out All Night

Ok now. I know I'll get hell for this again, but here goes. Let's grab each character and then the whole thing. Don't remember names, will go with actors.

Keun Suk: Still don't like the style and hair. Also, guyliner... Ok, in keeping with death metal and all, but he's not death metal anymore, is he?
As for his character, man, does he look pissed with the old girlfriend for a bit... Until they start walking together like a couple of school kids... Wha?

Hyo Jin: Well, she looks like your typical "I'm a bad girl who wants her man back, but turns into a kyaaing mess when he smiles at me and pays attention."
Again, her style is an issue, but justifiable considering she's an older woman trying to look young and cool in order to impress the younger guy. Got no beef with it.

Geun Young: Well, ain't she as cute as a puppy? The style is still a bit off, but all leading girls usually start very messy and become "ladies" later on.
Character-wise, a handsome man offers to help you up, you take his damn hands, you moron! Ahaha! Who wouldn't grab Jae Wook's hands? Really! :P

Jae Wook: Urgh... Those clothes. These guys just don't know how to show this man's awesome presence off or don't want to. And the hair too. So sad.
His character seems quite nice. He's also bold. Like that. Gonna give the other guy a run for his money in the whole wedding mess. Ehehe. You handsome devil.

Lastly, I'm sorry, but Keun Suk still looks more womanly and "pretty" than the two actual women. Might be a usual thing in S. Korea, but I would like men to look like males.

Ok, now about what's actually happening in the teaser. As they say in Dramabeans, it's more of a CF or just a small clip for the mood of the series, not the actual plot. The clip actually says "music video demo".
Their interactions don't make much sense other than to convey the basics (something that goes South at the end). He likes her, but she likes the other guy who is liked by her etc etc.

However, the whole clip and ending was a bit too silly/cheery for me. I mean, it was too "Yaaay! We all like each other so let's go for a nice stroll around the area! Weeee!!!".
I mean, I know it's gonna be a light series and all, but if you're going to do something that doesn't make sense, make sure they don't look like 5-year-olds out on a field trip.
Heck, if they're all so happy together, have a foursome, will you? Otherwise, why show characters who will have serious rivalries between them look so happy together in the CF?

Maybe that's the way they do things, don't really know. But as a viewer, it doesn't make sense to me. Behind the scenes and things more in keeping with the mood between the actors are shown later on.
Before the series starts, it would make sense to try and convey the actual relationships between the characters and make the viewer more aware of the type of interaction they're gonna get in the series.

We're supposed to "get into" the characters and plot by now and all this smiling and happy times they have together only reinforces the fact that we see the actors, not the characters. Breaks the illusion.
And you'd think that a promo for a series would try to get you into the plot and actual characters more than to "remind" you that this is just a show by showing things that don't make sense in the actual plot.

Again, I'm just nitpicking here since I... well, I can and want to (In Greece we say "The Devil had no pastime..." ) and I am quite excited for the series, I would have just preferred to wait for a proper teaser that makes sense.
I know this is a music video teaser and all, but it's just weird for me that they'd release such a thing now instead of going for an actual plot-oriented video. Still, I want this damn series to start by now. So I guess the "teasing" worked.

P.S: The song is horrible. It reminds me of the type of theme songs you'd get for older american series that show young folk and their "problems". XD Ok, I'll try and think happy thoughts.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 09:23

I don't like the song, especially the percussion section in it. Reminds me of HIM drummer, who thought that the harder he hit the better it sounds. Nope.
Who did the song, anyone knows? Or I just missed it?

Truthfully, I'm on my last string of hope. I will watch the first episodes. But after this teaser, if I didn't know anyone from it or the importance of this work for someone, I would just shrugged and pass along. Can't say much on acting department after it.

And yes: MGY, take this damn hand! And don't look at the pants!

I'm just curious. JKS character is sitting in some desolated place, on empty street, so how come he gets the money?

And finally, I think they would be the happiest if they started to live all four together. You know, a small commune of hippies, sharing everything.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 16th, '10, 12:34

Look, as bad as the pants look, it's easy to focus on certain areas because of the difference in material. Meaning, you don't see one pair of legs, you see a crotch on two shiny sticks. It's just not jaebol guy kind of pants.
It might just be my perverted nature, but if I were sitting down there and this guy came so close, my first reaction would be "Woah, heey! There's a crotch attached to a man!". Then the "Oh wow... Hot guy" reaction would follow.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 13:03

The girl is stoned a bit in this scene, but it's perhaps the effect of what you just said, hehe.

But I had quite different image of jaebol, truth be told. Jaewook looked like one in Bad Guy. That should be the right image. (yes, so I heard he was in this drama, i couldn't focus much, mehehe).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 16th, '10, 13:49

Doesn't look as if the vid had much to do with the series. Rather seems they've turned the photo shoot into a little MV. Nothing much to say about the characters and I'm not gonna start on the styling but this will have a hard time taking SKKS's place in my naughty mind...

Though Jae Wook padding the girls head in the last scenes made me wish it was me. :wub: :wub: So the vid accomplished its purpose...it made me sigh and a little more curious about this drama ;)

And I do understand how JKS appeals to girls who like flower boys here. He is pretty and has shiny hair eyes and complexion etc but he doesn't look as ridiculus or exaggerated as he did in some of the recent pics...not my style but nothing to worry about...or maybe i just got used to it :scratch:

Days getting grey and cold here I really need something light but not stupid...Too bad there's no extention for SKKS...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 16th, '10, 13:58

Oh, yes. We do have to mention that. As shiny and perfectly curled his hair is and even with the eyeliner and all, he is nowhere near as bad looking as he is in some of his public events.
I mean, we've all seen some horrible stuff over the last few months and this is very manly and normal compared to those. Still not convincing as a hippie, but at least it's not as awful as usual.

Also, yes, that head patting was awfully cute. So so so so cute! I think I liked his interactions with her more than I liked the ones between her and Keun Suk. They were cute, but his were more intimate.
I guess since he is the second leading man, it makes sense as well. They are usually the best men who can't get the girl's heart, but are more close to her in a way more meaningful then the actual "love interest" guy.

P.S: I have to be honest about the hairdos. This is the first time where the manhwa/manga hairstyles are less ridiculous and overworked than the drama ones.I mean, the hair in the manhwa, even if lightly colored, is normal for everyone.
The girl has mid-long, straight blonde hair, the guy long and later short straight hair and the jaebol has short and blonde, very proper and contained, straight hair as well. Why the hell do they have all these awful haircuts in the drama? I hope they change them.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 16th, '10, 14:21

Hm lately I do not like Korean hair fashion...had the same problem with the Secret Garden stills. Guess we'll have to get used to it for the time being but I hope it won't become contagious like the mustache (which I DO NOT mind at all :P)

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 16:18

og gosh, i hate the song. annoying :crazy:
and can i say i also hate MGY's hair too. it jus looks too fake.

will watch it but not sure if it will keep me interested though. we will now in few weeks time. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 14:21

Kim Min Gyoo added to Mary Stayed Out All Night cast

Don't know the man, but now I want to do a Shin Min Ah movie spree. Found a couple of very interesting ones.
Well, after so many ladies cast to play next to Jae Wook (and the dad), it's nice to see another young man.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 14:31

You... wuut? Don't know Kim Mingyu?? An awesome bass player in Go Go 70!! He was also in The Devil, but I may be mistaken, cause I saw there only Jihun^^
That's good, finally someone to actually watch this drama for!
But still, November 8th is a bit unrealistic.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 14:50

Didn't see that movie. I will though. For my girl crush. :P And I need to see The Devil too. At some point. Hee hee.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 14:59

Well, I basically saw Go Go 70 for Hong Kwangho and his retarded look in it, ahahahaha!! Love the man! :wub: :wub:
The movie is uneven though...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 22nd, '10, 02:15

New Mary Stills of a Rock (?) Concert

So... are they still rockers? Just not death metal? Ok, I can live with that. As long as the songs aren't like the one in the demo music video. God, that was horrible.
I still can't handle the curled hair though. I mean, they seem to have made SOME attempt at making it wilder here, or then he just didn't go to the salon that morning.
It's still not rock hair though. Also... Is he wearing a dress? It might just be that I'm too used to seeing him in women's clothing but... That's a dress, isn't it? I know it is...
Anyway, this is his chance, for me. If he pulls this character off very well, if he does something new and better, I'll keep watching his works. Show me you still got it...

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 22nd, '10, 02:39

Hmmm, I'm a sucker for the predictable. I wonder if this drama would do anything for me. I mean his dramas always does something for me, and I really don't want this to be any different. I want to feel good when I'm watching it, really. Haaaay.

Also, he DOES look like he's wearing a skirt. Hahahahaha

aility

Post by aility » Oct 22nd, '10, 06:42

His bandmates look more fitting to be in a rock band....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 22nd, '10, 10:48

Indeed. They look normal and have male clothes. He has ajumma hair and a dress/skirt. That's just not rock. That might be rock for a woman, but not for a guy. The band style should have also been consistant.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 10:51

The drummer has also leather jacket so I guess it's 50:50. But then again, the guy has short hair and...
Ah well, PJ Harvey looks more manly...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 22nd, '10, 10:59

If the drummer has a skirt too, then we're 50/50. The skirt is quite important in the style.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 11:03

OK, my bad... I miscalculated.

I just hope Kim Mingyu will have bigger role than up till now. But seeing another young hunk (the second in total) in this drama I wonder - what are they scheming? Are they trying to bedazzle us with guys and ladies and bling to cover up some plot holes? Cause this is... hmm...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 22nd, '10, 12:31

Orion1986 wrote:New Mary Stills of a Rock (?) Concert

So... are they still rockers? Just not death metal? Ok, I can live with that. As long as the songs aren't like the one in the demo music video. God, that was horrible.
this sort of confused me too. lolz >_<
but i did read some articles saying that he's in an indie band and not a death metal band. Hearing that death metal news made me cringe and do a double take if i still want to watch it or not. Mainly i'm watching it because of Moon then Waffle Guy :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 22nd, '10, 13:18

Well, indie is fine, but what kind of genre do they play? Do they think "indie band" is all we need? Indie just means without a record label and a company to promote them.
It does not clarify the genre of it. So, what the hell kind of music do they play? They look rock-ish, but will they play rock or will we get sappy, pop, lovey dovey songs like the MV?

I mean, this isn't exactly a music series, but damn it, you can at least let the people know what music they can expect. It's like they don't even give a damn what these guys play.

Anyway, Jae Wook is there and so are some other very nice cast members. I swear, the music, style and all the promotion so far is making this look mighty shallow and dumb though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 14:17

This drama hasn't even started yet, and there are around 50 vidoes on viikii. This is madness! :mrgreen:
Orion1986 wrote:It's like they don't even give a damn what these guys play.
Do they need to? It's for fans, fans will buy everything that has Jang Geun Seok on it, regardless if it's a music or just a kaleidoscope of sounds. I don't think they will ever bother to define the exact genre of the music they play.
Besides, classyfying the music is so inhumane! True artist doesn't need to know what kind of music one performs. It's just myoozik^^ :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 16:55

Trailer taken from the ending of another drama today.
I love Christmas candy colored frame. Yummy... 8)

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Oct 25th, '10, 17:20

I can't wait for this drama! Although I believe I will have to wait longer since I still haven't learnt Korean completely :(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 25th, '10, 17:27

Ok, I gotta admit, the trailer looked nice. The song they're singing sounds wicked cool as well. Very rock, very nice.
Thank goodness it's not that sappy-happy one they had in the MV, although I'm sure we'll get plenty of that as well...

Ok ladies and... ladies. The day is drawing near and I'll make my position clear. I'll praise all that deserves praising and complain about all that deserves to receive my complaints.
Jokes and teasing Keun Suk for his craziness aside, I haven't lost my objectivity (well, as close as it gets to that) so if this series does well, it will get the thumbs up from me.

P.S: Damn, I'm really digging the song! Give me! NAO! Music-wise so far, they have one hit and one miss, for me. The MV song is really not to my liking, but this is is gooooooood...

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 25th, '10, 23:12

Well... it was nice.

I didn't understand a word of it, but it was quite nice really. I liked the ending part where she was standing in the middle of both JKS and Jae Wook in a wedding dress.

I know myself well enough by now to say that I'm probably going to like this series, JKS weirdness and all. So yeah. The only reason I gave up my girly crush on this guy is because of that pompous interview, and also maybe a little bit with the fact that he's all... thin and girly-like dresses. But it's still there, the admiration and maybe the unhealthy obsession is still there.

Still looking forward to watching it with you guys though :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '10, 03:29

The wedding photos. And they're...uhm... unique. I'll go with unique... They're nuts, but let's call them unique. Maybe it's done for a slight funnier tone.
Heck though, keep the fashion-challenged kid with the curls. Gimme Jae Wook!!! Although his top should be a biit more fitted. Still, rooooar. Meow! :heart:

Also, how "I KILL U!" is that look Jae Wook has in the second picture? Ahahaha! He's throwing invisible knives at the guy! Love it! :rofl:

photos from allkpop and found through viikii

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 26th, '10, 03:57

Woah, I did not see the pants in the video.

What the heck is that? Who wears that with a suit? SRSLY?

Meh, at least he's not the one wearing the dress.

Hmm, JKS looks alright in the second picture though. Still with pretty hair but, somewhat kind of a man though. Hahahaha XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '10, 04:11

janajee wrote:Meh, at least he's not the one wearing the dress.
That is a comfort, I suppose. XD

I'm also really glad to see that "hippie" thing was not accurate. It's rock and his outfits seem rock-ish too. The hair though...
I really hope they cut it later on, like in the manhwa. It can still be wild and rock, just please, lose the curl. No more curl...

Also, is it just wishful thinking, or do you guys think Sparkles gained some weight? Heck, if he did, he might actually make it through this one without fainting. Much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 08:01

Looks like it. Which is good. Some proteins. :whistling:
But wedding shoots at the stylized cemetery? This is just emo. Not rockish.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 26th, '10, 10:17

All I will say is: I seriously am starting to dislike the fashion this drama is displaying... I mean, sure this is supposed to be indie, rock and whatever. but seriously?

Maybe I dont have a sense of fashion :mrgreen:

And nope, the preview didnt get me excited at all... humph

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 11:10

Official Website:
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/mary/index.html
But beware, the music starts^^

And my expectations ended when I saw at what place Kim Mingyu is located. Another 8th plan role, fine...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '10, 14:48

Damn... Why couldn't it be the rock song on the site? XD

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 26th, '10, 15:04

I was really really looking hard for something positive to say...but I'm sorry I can't. The fashion (he looks like the witch of the east next to her little sister...and what's with those red boots with the dress?!), the expressions, even the song's not to my liking,.. and i don't see extra weight just layers of clothes and some shadows ;)

well I guess now this can only be a positive surprise for me :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '10, 16:01

arakira wrote:he looks like the witch of the east next to her little sister...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That killed me! Ahahaha!

I personally like the music and I like Jae Wook. Those are enough to get me started.
Whether or not I'll keep watching, depends on how the series develops. Hopefully, well.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 17:39

I really need to see the first episode.
Cause now I have really no intention to watch it, but maybe I will change my mind (ah days of dreaming long gone...) as I sometimes do.

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 26th, '10, 21:23

Aww, but I thought it was sure we were going to watch it together to the end and stuff? I was so looking forward t bonding with you guys after each episode and stuff.... :( hehehe

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 02:16

Well, we can't force people to watch something bad. If they don't like it, it's torture to continue. Trust me. I had to sit through BOF and Shining Inheritance... XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 27th, '10, 02:40

Aww, it's too bad, and I was really hoping to be able to have this whole fun just hanging out with you guys online. Hahahaha, it's been a slow time recently, you know? Hehehehehe

Speaking of Shining Inheritance... I'm going to give it a shot this week. Hahahahaha.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 03:19

For what Jana said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do that! Andwae! Joldae andwae!!!! Why would you want to watch a 28-episode-long melodrama with the Carp, woman? Did you miss us so much you went mad? Ahahaha :P
The leading lady is leaking for over 80% of the time, the Carp is trying to act tough and spoiled (not to mention later "emotional" scenes) and of course, you have the annoying mom/sister duo.

There's only one good thing about this series and ONLY 1! This guy! And heck, this is the only scene in which he shows some skin. Still, it's not worth watching this only for him, as hot as he may be.
Now, you're waaaaay more forgiving than any of us here, so you might be ok with some things, but still, this ain't really a romance story. It's more of a sob story. I personally hated it. Carp or no Carp.

If you do watch it though, don't talk to me about it cause I don't have many good things to say and don't want to rain on your parade if you do like it. :P
Unless you do want to talk about it and don't mind some b*tching from my part. I can try to be nice, but this and BOF, man... I just can't stand them, you see.
Now, official posters are out and whad'ya know? They suck. From the "fashion" to the actual photography.
Come on, is that the best you can do with photography and Photoshop? The fans did a better job than you!
And.... Urgh... Those pants, Jae Wook... I wanna grab him, throw him down and take those off! And not for naughty reasons! :cussing:
I'd first give him proper clothes and THEN strip them off for naughty reasons. We can't forget the naughty reasons now, can we? :roll

As for the posters, with all the hype for this, the cast and the target audience, you'd think they'd take good care of things like the poster.
I mean, a poster has to attract people to the show, even if others things do as well. Especially when young, modern people are the audience.
And fans go nuts with wallpapers and avatars/signatures etc so they need extra sparkle to be impressed. Now, the lack of it might be a good thing.
I mean, maybe they do want to make a somehow good series and not ONLY give kyaaing material, but maybe something for non zombie fangirls?

We can only wait and hope. And brace ourselves for the worst case scenario of it sucking more than a pornstar.

Photos from Dramabeans

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 27th, '10, 03:43

I know, I know and I really had no intention of watching it at all, especially since it's seems to be such a sad sad plot. I actually got the videos from a friend who said that since I liked MGIAG, I might like this because it has him in it... But I've been putting it off for so long since it has nothing but crying in it.... I don't know, and now you telling me not to watch it... I don't know. I really don't like melodrama serious stuff, that's why it's taking ages for me to get started on Beethoven Virus, even though I really want to, but can't seem to find the urge to start...

Maybe I should just drop Shining Inheritance?
Hmmm, they didn't much editing with posters ey? They just took whatever picture they had and stuck on the words. It's better than full on sparkling blah blah that I've seen, but it's not as a unforgettable as it can be. Except maybe Jae Wook's pants. Hahaha, those are pretty unforgettable.

Also, I hate to say this, but they all look a little girly to me....

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 27th, '10, 18:13

Jana dear, it's up to the drama whether we'll manage to watch together...My expectations are low, even lower than for PK, so this might well be a positive surprise and I'm still looking forward to watching with you and the gang...if this is no good, we can find another. Missed our bright and positive voice ;P

Oririn, tell me those posters are a joke, please! They seem to be too confident, like no need for promotion cause it will be a hit anywyay...tsk!

Btw, have you tried Sungkyunkwan Scandal? Part of us love it!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 18:33

When I find some time to breathe, I'll download some episodes or start it on Viikii and see if I like it. SKKS, that is. Since you ladies love it so.

As for Mary, we'll see. The only thing that's giving me any hope is that Jae Wook chose it. Then again, he chose Bad Guy and I hated it.

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 28th, '10, 03:41

I've been downloading SKKS, but I've been waiting until I've got enough episodes saved so that if I won't feel, how do I say this, it's "bitin" in Filipino... the feeling where I'm disappointed because I don't have any episodes left to watch because I haven't downloaded them, and I have to wait for it, and I already want to know what happens next. Yeah, that's kind of the expression "bitin" means for me. (Pronounced as bee-tin in case anyone was curious)

Good stuff, good stuff about the poster:
I at least like the house and street. Those are some awesome graffiti work right there. :) hehehe, and hey me does think JKS has gained some sort of weight recently, Ate Orion. He no longer looks starved. He looks thin, but not starved. Also... is that really Ms. Moon's real hair? Because it kind of... well, I don't know what I feel about it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 28th, '10, 11:06

It's called extensions. :roll

As for Keun Suk, yes, he seems to have gained some weight. It would be troublesome if he couldn't even hold the guitar.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 31st, '10, 12:56

12 pages of stills already:
Hancinema went mad

And they changed the title to: Marry Me, Mary. This title I find better than Mary Stayed Out All Night.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 31st, '10, 13:00

I will post those new wedding pictures later today. And the hilarious comment too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 31st, '10, 13:11

Ah, the wedding shoots...

And yes! I found Kim Mingyu on 2 pics! If the band gets more screentime, I'm willing to watch it, ahahaha!!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 31st, '10, 18:26

A second wedding photoshi... I mean photoshoot was made recently for Marry me, Marry.

I don't get the fashion... I just don't. Also, I think Keun Suk's hair stylist has watched Beauty and the Beast too many times. Waaay too many times. Didn't work as he/she wanted though.
Sorry, lady/man. The Prince was buff, tall and manly enough to rock that hairstyle and rock it good. Keun Suk, on his best day, isn't close to similar. Although you wouldn't tell from the girly decor the Beast's non-enchanted castle had...
And before a fangirl says I'm being negative again, I have not mentioned anything new here. Didn't mention his acting, didn't mention the quality of the series, or his character. Only his hair, body bulk and soft facial characteristics. All true.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 09:11

Since apart from the 5th plan role I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain for a week.
But!

There is a first official song:
Song is sung by JKS and the title is: The Bus

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 09:31

Is that the nice rock song? Please, let it be the nice rock song...

How happy will it make me if this series doesn't suck. And if Keun Suk doesn't act like Tae Kyung again.

sisi11

Post by sisi11 » Nov 1st, '10, 09:41

wow i really want watch this drama

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 09:46

Oh man! It IS the song! And I'm in class... Come on, break! I need to listen to it!

So far, the only thing from the series that I dig 100% and can't find any fault with, is this song.

Ok, would love some lyrics though cause I can't, for the life of me, understand where the english stops and korean begins.
It sounds as if he's throwing english words here and there in-between the korean sentences and vice versa... Confusing. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 10:59

Here you have:
Romangul

Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go butakhae My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom simjangkkaji
deullyeooneun heorikein saundeu
nopi Jump Jump Jump
paran haneul wiro
meolli Quick Quick Quick
dallyeoganeungeoya Start You and I

nari seon meorikkeut heurin Telepathy
nal joineun kkum I’m crazy now
dalkomhan Jasmine hyang
tto banbokdoeneun Stress
I want to be free
kkumui Paradise OH
geu goseuro galteya My friend
Don’t think Just run OH
kkumkkuneun naui badaro
Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go butakhae My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom simjangkkaji
nopi Jump Jump Jump
paran haneul wiro
meolli Quick Quick Quick
dallyeoganeungeoya Start You and I

Never to fall down

jidokhan yeongi neul meonghan Television
nal kkaeuneun Noise I’m tired now
sseudisseun hyeokkeutgwa tto kkumteuldaeneun Strain
I want to be free
kkumui Blue Sky OH
geugoseuro galteya My friend
saecheoreom Fly to the sky
neoui nalgaereul tago

Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go butakhae My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom simjangkkaji
nopi Jump Jump Jump
paran haneul wiro
meolli Quick Quick Quick
dallyeoganeungeoya Just Run Run Run
Never to fall down

butakhae My Bus

Never to fall down

butakhae My Bus

Hangul

Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go 부탁해 My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom 심장까지
들려오는 허리케인 사운드
높이 Jump Jump Jump
파란 하늘 위로
멀리 Quick Quick Quick
달려가는거야 Start You and I

날이 선 머리끝 흐린 Telepathy
날 조이는 꿈 I’m crazy now
달콤한 Jasmine 향
또 반복되는 Stress
I want to be free
꿈의 Paradise OH
그 곳으로 갈테야 My friend
Don’t think Just run OH
꿈꾸는 나의 바다로
Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go 부탁해 My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom 심장까지
들려오는 허리케인 사운드
높이 Jump Jump Jump
파란 하늘 위로
멀리 Quick Quick Quick
달려가는거야 Start You and I

Never to fall down

지독한 연기 늘 멍한 Television
날 깨우는 Noise I’m tired now
쓰디쓴 혀끝과 또 꿈틀대는 Strain
I want to be free
꿈의 Blue Sky OH
그곳으로 갈테야 My friend
새처럼 Fly to the sky
너의 날개를 타고

Like crazy Just
Run Run Run Running
Go Go 부탁해 My Bus
To the Stage
My Heart is
Beat Beat Beat Beating
Boom Boom 심장까지
들려오는 허리케인 사운드
높이 Jump Jump Jump
파란 하늘 위로
멀리 Quick Quick Quick
달려가는거야 Just Run Run Run
Never to fall down

부탁해 My Bus

Never to fall down

부탁해 My Bus

Cre:http://romanization.wordpress.com+http://xiaolink.wordpress.com
The song is a verbal mess.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 12:19

I did figure that much, yes. XD

Thanks, love.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 1st, '10, 12:30

It's...

I don't know. I was never really much of a fan of music where I can't understand the lyrics, and the only reason why I enjoy the songs that I listen to that are asians are basically because I remember the scenes that they accompany.

That's probably why this song isn't doing anything for me because there are no scenes yet that it's supposed to accompany, you know? But hey, I'm looking forward to it I guess.

Like I said, if I know myself, I'd probably enjoy this.
Brother's comment: "He sounds like his voice is coming from a tin can"

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 12:39

Lol at that comment. Ahaha. Yes, the sound isn't that nice. I actually think it was better in the mini-trailer that came out. The "live" version.
I just hate it when they overdo it with the sound alterations and ruin a perfectly good voice just to make the song sound more "modern".

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 1st, '10, 12:41

Ethlenn wrote:Since apart from the 5th plan role I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain for a week.
But!

There is a first official song:
Song is sung by JKS and the title is: The Bus

OMo. :blink

I can't believe you got hold of this already!!! thank you for sharing this out... :cheers:
The lyrics is a mess.. that's true but but but... the music arrangement reminds me of Queens and this other old glamrock band i used to listen to. It's a great music to listen to. Its a good thing my Korean understanding is next to zero that i get to ignore the lyrics and concentrate on the music instead. >_<

I am still looking forward to watching this.

Marry me, Mary is a much suitable title than the latter one. Hopefully the title gets stuck to the drama... as for the fashion sense... I'll concentrate on the face as not to get side tracked with my wanting to watch it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 12:45

Uhm.. Queen as in Freddy's Queen? Ok, I like the Mary song, but to me, it has absolutely nothing to do with Queen.
Neither in genre or quality. Queen is Queen. No rom-com song sang by a non-professional singer can be close to Queen.

And this ain't glam rock either. Although if Keun Suk was in his more sparkly outfits when singing it, the style of the band would be close.
Lovely song, love it, but I'm not seeing glam rock or Queen in it. Not by a mile. If that's the connection you make though, no use disagreeing. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 12:54

Queen?? Where?
No, kidding aside... where??
Let's not use the big words and names for something a bit above average, for our ears sake.

And feel free to make a torrent out of this, I can approve it in any time (not after 10 minutes, SKKS starts, sowwy, have my priorities, ufufu).

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 1st, '10, 12:58

Orion1986 wrote:Uhm.. Queen as in Freddy's Queen? Ok, I like the Mary song, but to me, it has absolutely nothing to do with Queen.
Neither in genre or quality. Queen is Queen. No rom-com song sang by a non-professional singer can be close to Queen.

And this ain't glam rock either. Although if Keun Suk was in his more sparkly outfits when singing it, the style of the band would be close.
Lovely song, love it, but I'm not seeing glam rock or Queen in it. Not by a mile. If that's the connection you make though, no use disagreeing. ^^
Yes. Freddie Mercury's Queen. :mrgreen: (i'm weird like that)

the opening segment suddenly reminded me of them and that other band i can't get my mind to remember *sigh* and yes... JUST that opening part, not the entire song... i'm also not comparing JGS and his band's outfit to Queen, because that's over stretching it already! LOL.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 12:59

then i guess i save myself from all these verbal mess and continue listening to my Shin Seung Hoon song. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 13:01

Issyy!!! :cheers: :cheers: :alcoholic:
Welcome!!

Be right back... or not. :unsure:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 13:03

Haha. The song is really nice, but I do wish they had just used korean language. Ok, maybe the english in the chorus isn't bad, but those random words in between as SO annoying.
Not to mention a b*tch to sing, switching between accents where possible. Do they honestly think adding english makes it more trendy and fun? It just makes it cheap, people.

Anyway, the song rocks anyway and for me, these comments I make are about how good it could be (and it could be a lot better), but I still like it this way. I like the music, like the voice.

P.S: This is Issy's first post after coming back?!?! YAAAAY!!! :cheers: And stay here! :cussing: :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 13:08

Ethlenn wrote:Issyy!!! :cheers: :cheers: :alcoholic:
Welcome!!

Be right back... or not. :unsure:
:lol back for now. Thanks. i am not trusting DA anymore. it happened with me before so everytime i referesh my page, i have my hand on my heart not to see that women working on laptop in my face. :crazy:

edit: Thank you ori wuv :P i hope so too.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 13:35

Issy you made it!!! YAY, hope you're here to stay this time ;)

Am I the only one who hates this song? I don't like the arrangement and I don't like what they did to his voice.
I do listen to rock and indie almost exclusively and this here sounds exactly like one of those popgroups wanting to be different by adopting a rockier sound...it's a major fail cause the voice and the artists attitude aint rock at all...reminds me of the crappy music they play in the gym i go to after 9pm... :lol I couldn't even stand playing the whole song

But as it's music, no need to disagree. Glad some like it and I'm not trying to tell you to reconsider... ;)
Thanks for sharing, Ecchan!

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Nov 1st, '10, 14:01

Help! I've tried twice to download the song. It seems to download fine but when I try to extract the file, I get an error. I'd really like to hear it too :)