Marry me, Mary! (KBS2 2010-2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
vella

Post by vella » Nov 1st, '10, 14:22

hohoho even if it haven't started yet..I cannot wait. I'm happy but at the same time, feelin kind of sad bcoz SKK scandal will end. Anyway..I'm really looking forward to this drama, must be a hit.
I really like MGY and JGS couple. They both are cute~

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 14:28

It's impossible, never2muchcoffee, the song is zipped, so you need to extract it.

Ara, me not liking the song either.
Lee Seungyul is rock, My Aunt Mary is indie rock. This song is not.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 14:38

nevertoomuchcoffee: I uploaded the song as an mp3, unzipped: Ecchan, yes, those are nice rocky sounds and voices...My Aunt Mary I knew before anything else from Korea ;)

aility

Post by aility » Nov 1st, '10, 16:20

hmm... I see you guys are still excited about Mary...

I am sorry to say that I am more sad about SKKS finishing tomorrow rather than looking forward to JGS/jaewook/MGY :cry:

And the song... meeeh!

Omo, I am so positive. hahahha

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 16:37

aility wrote: I am sorry to say that I am more sad about SKKS finishing tomorrow rather than looking forward to JGS/jaewook/MGY :cry:
Don't. Mention. It. :alcoholic:

Who's excited? Well, I was exactly the same excited before Playful Dead Fish Kiss. The same reasons.

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Nov 1st, '10, 16:53

Ethlenn: I did try to extract it - that's when I received the error.

Arakira: Thanks! I was able to download it.

Weighing in with my 2 cents on the song: For a drama song, I think it's pretty good. I like the sound, I like the guitars, and I like JKS's voice. Granted, it's nowhere near the best song I've ever heard, but it's definitely not the worst - not even close. I just hope they don't run it into the ground during the drama and make me sick of it (can we say Almost Paradise?) Anyhoo, if this song is anything to go by, I'm looking forward to the music of the drama if nothing else :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 16:55

Ahaha. This song ain't rock. This is pop masquerading as rock. I do love it, but I love it as a nice strong pop song, meself. I'm not exactly gonna do an air-guitar or headbang to it. :rofl:

But yeah, it's a matter of taste and preference. Especially with art and entertainment. We each have our own "yes"s and "no"s. If the series does turn out good, I hope there's music for you too in it. ^^

Meanwhile, the conversation over at Dramabeans over this is hilarious! Everyone's trying to figure out what the hell these crazy lyrics means. Which gives birth to many a funny interpretations!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 1st, '10, 20:04

Everyone is sad that this drama will be finished soon? I'm quite happy, though ;D Didn't enjoy it that much.

P.s. - I know that I've posted that a few times now, I just felt like you needed my spam here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 23:15

OK, an article I can't agree on anthing except for the last sentence, heh.
By Ines Min

Actor, singer and model Jang Geun-seok is about to remind fans once more of his multi-faceted talents.
The 23-year-old has contributed three songs to the OST for his latest KBS drama "Marry Me, Mary!', affiliated management company Y-Tree Media announced Monday.
"Jang Geun-seok sings three songs on the soundtrack", a spokesperson said. "The first song `Butak-hae, My Bus!' will be released today".

Jang plays the role of Kang Moo-gyeol in the drama, a vocalist in an indie band who gets caught up in a love triangle. The song `Butak-hae' comprises lyrics that detail a symbolic conflict between the character's reality and the ideal world, according to Y-Tree.

"Jang Geun-seok is an actor with amazing singing abilities and vocal skills", said music director Choi Cheol-ho, who worked on the song.

The actor has been known to sing in dramas and advertisements, although he has yet to produce a full album release. His rise to fame came with his role in the drama "You're Beautiful", in which he played another musician opposite Park Sin-hye. Since then the star has performed in several broadcasts since, such as the series "Beethoven Virus" and the feature film "The Case of Itaewon Homicide".

"Marry Me, Mary!" begins airing Monday, following the show "Sunkyunkwan Scandal".
(hancinema)
Beside all this, an author should check her facts. I guess YAB was later than BV but well, me, a mere Westerner can be mistaken...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 1st, '10, 23:53

Ok, the poster is useless, obviously. A simple search would have helped. As for the song being symbolic, I can't see the meaning in it at all.
To me, it sounds like the band was high and/or drunk when they wrote the lyrics or something. Along the lines of In A Gadda Da Vida... :lol

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 2nd, '10, 06:59

And here I was thinking that BV was before YAB. Hahahahaha, guess we all make mistakes neh?? Hahahahaha
My brother and I attempted to watch SKKS last night, but there was a power failure, so we didn't get to finish it at all. It seems promising. There's a guy in pink at the beginning, that was looking at the adult novel, he looks adorable. Heheheh

aility

Post by aility » Nov 3rd, '10, 09:34

For all you fans our there, NEW PICS/NEWS!!!!!!!

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/jang-geu ... -all-night

@Ara: please dont click on the link. I already ruined Ethlenn's day....

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 3rd, '10, 10:10

Maybe I'm just getting used to the hair because the normal reaction that I used to have when seeing his hair like this is:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! CUT THE HAIR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?!
Now it's just like...
Meh, what else is new?
Also what is going on with Jae Wook's style???? It's like they grabbed a bunch of clothes from random places and put them all together to make whatever it is he's supposed to look like.

Also... his hair.

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:34

To me the song seems to be somewhat similar to "Happy Life" OST even though it is not as much as rock either ways.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:54

Say what you will about the song, but it's awesome for listening to on the bus to school. :rofl:
I really like it myself. Some songs just click with me right away. This is one of those songs.

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:58

Orion1986 wrote:Say what you will about the song, but it's awesome for listening to on the bus to school. :rofl:
I really like it myself. Some songs just click with me right away. This is one of those songs.
LOL I never said that I didn't like it. Actually I thought it was similar to it because on my way to work my iPod mix played it (I guess it found some similarity in the songs) very catchy indeed :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '10, 20:53

Oh no, you misunderstood. It was just an expression. It wasn't directed at you so no worries. I know not everyone will like it and I got no beef with that. And I love the Happy Life ost btw. ^^
But yeah, I found myself mute-singing the chorus in the bus and hoping it would go faster and faster. Then I realized that would be more scary than fun and stopped wishing it. Ahaha! XD

It does have a catchy tune. Sure, it's just another pop/rock song and it ain't like there's amazing depth to it or even good quality in how it's composed and sang, but it's catchy and it's fun.
Like I said, if the song "speaks to me", in any way from its tune to its lyrics, I like it. It's almost always "love at first listen" with me. Some songs I just love right away, regardless of quality.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 3rd, '10, 23:17

aility wrote:For all you fans our there, NEW PICS/NEWS!!!!!!!

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/jang-geu ... -all-night
That's one 'interesting' jacket that guy is wearing. :blink It's like he just returned from a safari.

Man, could Moon get any cuter? :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '10, 23:22

Keun Suk is wearing a roadkill and Jae Wook is wearing a car seat... :doh:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 4th, '10, 04:57

who is the stylist of the boys? i want to get my hand on that person!!!! :cussing:

sheez... and i thought i can live with the main poster's clothes because of the image they are portraying but using the same drab concept on a press conference??? PUHLEEEZZZZ... have mercy on Jang Guen Suk and Kim Jae Wook.. they are not bad people. ~_~

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 4th, '10, 05:54

... It's better than his own choices apparently. Hahahahha

I'm sorry, I'm sorry :(

I take it back. But I am thankful that at least he's not wearing a skirt. I'll take leopard print over skirts anytime!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 08:08

I'm afraid on the press conference you are wearing YOUR choice. At least what I read over all those years... :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 4th, '10, 10:29

Then we must start beating Jae Wook soon.

Because I'm used to JKS's antics, but Jae Wook? Has he always been like this?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 10:30

Have you seen pics for Antique premiere? He came up with those himself, but he stated that this was a joke. Have no idea about now.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 13:04

Jae Wook can dress crazy. At least he doesn't act crazy or dress like a girl. I can handle a wacky wardrobe if the person is well-behaved and decent.
Speaking of which, prepare to gasp, ladies. I did. I actually gasped... Thank goodness one of them will look good in this series. Oh so good... Mind in gutter...

Picture from Dramabeans. If THIS is what Jae Wook is gonna look like in the entire drama, screw the plot. I found the second good thing besides the song...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 13:07

I spew my kimchi and french fries all over my lappie... damn, the tie is awful but Jaewook is one fine man! At least one man in the first plan. A MAN! A suit!!

Still... I have a bad feelings about this...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 13:16

Jae Wook will be good, I think. Not sure about Moon, since I can only trust opinions, but she's irritating me so far. She's too much of the typical loud unrefined girl who always nags.

Plus,

Manhwa spoiler ahead. MAJOR one!
The character is a flake and a two-timing slut, so that don't help me like much about the character itself.
I have bad feelings too, about the way it has been promoted, but we have to remember that this is fangirl stuff. The manhwa is shoujo and the target audience clear.
That doesn't, however, mean that the series will be bad. YAB is fangirl material too and shallow, but it was funny as heck and very nice to watch over and over again.
I mean, you can never tell the actual quality of a show by how they promote it since anything that has romance in it will be promoted in a sickening cutesy wootsy way.

I have some hope, still. I don't want to get bad first impressions by style or the promotion for it, so I'm fighting that urge hard. I'll do my best to focus on the actual work.
Monday is close, people. Some series take a while to "start", but with most, you can tell after 1 to 3 episodes, if it will be good. For Jae Wook, I can watch more than that.
Heck, I managed to go through 4 episodes of Bad Guy, which I hated from the beginning, just because I wanted to see his performance. I can handle bad rom com for him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 13:25

Orion1986 wrote:I mean, you can never tell the actual quality of a show by how they promote it since anything that has romance in it will be promoted in a sickening cutesy wootsy way.
Hmm, I would say not exactly, but...
You know I like to contradict :P

The hype around it in the last few weeks put me off. The fashion put me off. The... eh well, no reason for repeating myself.
I will still watch the first episode, unbiased, indifferent. And I will not do the same thing as with YAB. I won't force myself. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 13:37

No one can force my thorn. It can even break it's way through concrete. :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 4th, '10, 13:41

YUMMMMMYYYY pic, thanks Oririn.
After the last link aily posted my msn and then my internet connection crashed completely...Ethlenn is my witness :lol but those are alright. Hope my PC agrees and stays connected...

Jana, dear. Don't say sorry...I love to read your commets getting a bit bitchy, too *muwahaha* :twisted:

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 4th, '10, 13:45

Now that's more like it from Jae Wook. Hehehehe.

@Ate Arakira; Hahahahahhaha, thanks Ate. I try my best to be as nice as I possibly can, but I think there's a limit to everything right?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 13:47

Ehehe... Aili is spreading some kind of curse with msn...

Jana, love, we will keep our fingers crossed for you. I see my future with myself as your client... cause Mary will not gain me a circle of friends, I fear...
And your other man is doing fine, just fine...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 14:15

I think we'll all need Jana in her professional capacity at some point. If we keep this honesty going, we'll probably be banned from S. Korea unless we have someone to help. :lol

Jana, love, hwaiting! You're adorable, but you gotta be tough too, to live well in this world. ;) You're gonna do just fine. Your ates know it and will cheer you on!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 4th, '10, 14:51

janajee wrote:Then we must start beating Jae Wook soon.

Because I'm used to JKS's antics, but Jae Wook? Has he always been like this?

nooOOo... seriously? bad choices. TOO many bad choices. T_T maybe they have been too much in Character to say the least? makes me sad. ~_~

though i loved Jae Wook in Antique Bakeshop. :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 4th, '10, 15:19

you guys are going to hate me for this. :pale:
but i am feeling all goosebumpy ( is this even a word? :scratch: ) for JKS when i saw the trailer. here is the 6min long one. sorry, have not checked it was posted before or not. if so i will delete.
now and go hide from the gang

Marry me Mary 6min trailer

ps. i need some veggies if you are intending to throw some thing at me. please choose the good ones. :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 4th, '10, 15:30

LOOOOOOOL at that link Issytan!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 16:04

But the lenght of the link is not right. It took me actually 10 minutes to stop staring...

Ahahaha, Issy, wuv!! :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 18:22

Damn... A man... *mind in gutter and at the same time afraid of Issy's Wrath*

Edit: Ok, I saw my avy and sig and found a better gutter for my mind. And this Monday's Castle episode was about a male stripper in a cop uniform...

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 4th, '10, 21:16

@Everyone; AWWWW.
Entrance exam is on the 21st of this month. Wish me luck? Hehehehehe
As for the link... I was REALLY surprised. LIKE REALLY. Did I click the right one or something? Hahahahaah

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 21:32

I know. A real man. It's shocking indeed. I mean, I like some men with soft features and all and I don't usually go for rugged guys, but after seeing how easily some Asian men choose to look like women instead, I appreciate the manly ones even more.
Just look at Oh Ji Ho-shi in that picture. That's the kind of man you'd want to hit you with a club, drag you to his cave and show you how it's done (damn my maso streak). Any woman should appreciate a properly manly and strong man, even if not her style.

And Jana, love, we'll be cheering you on. You know that. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 4th, '10, 23:34

Orion1986 wrote:Just look at Oh Ji Ho-shi in that picture. That's the kind of man you'd want to hit you with a club, drag you to his cave and show you how it's done (damn my maso streak). Any woman should appreciate a properly manly and strong man, even if not her style.
errrr, Ori-chan, stop having pervert day dreams with my OJH. :whistling:

Jana dear, GOOD LUCK. :thumright:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Nov 4th, '10, 23:44

lol. Orion constantly cracks me up. lol :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 4th, '10, 23:55

Issy wrote:errrr, Ori-chan, stop having pervert day dreams with my OJH. :whistling:
Would it help if I told you a certain cop fantasy immediately took its place? With you know who... :roll

Edit: 12bucklemyshoe, your avatar just killed me... That man happens to be the "who"... Oh man... Now I'm having sea cave fantasies. HELP!!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 5th, '10, 00:04

Orion1986 wrote:
Issy wrote:errrr, Ori-chan, stop having pervert day dreams with my OJH. :whistling:
Would it help if I told you a certain cop fantasy immediately took its place? With you know who... :roll

Edit: 12bucklemyshoe, your avatar just killed me... That man happens to be the "who"... Oh man... Now I'm having sea cave fantasies. HELP!!!
ummm NOT REALLY. :x

and who is the "who" in that ava?

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Nov 5th, '10, 00:16

LOL. I'm glad to be of help. :lol: It's good to fantasize... especially of you-know-who.

Issy, the guy in my avatar is also the guy in Orion's avatar (Kang Ji Hwan).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 5th, '10, 00:19

Issy, love, I didn't really get that urge for Ji Ho so I switched fantasies. Lovely man, but sowwy. The heart wants what the heart wants. And that's the man in my avatar. :wub:
Can't help it. I'm a one-man girl. I only want and need one master. It's like a perfume. You might like many and appreciate their scent, but you want to only use one at a time.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 6th, '10, 02:57

Teaser No 3

Andwae, no sh*t! Don't let her get married to that guy, daddy! Push her to the rich dude! The rich dude!! The male one! With looks! And money! And a proper car! No bus!

Some b*tching with a little hope to follow. Do not read if you are a fangirl who does not have the necessary processing power to handle negative comments on the guys, sorry, I mean Gods they admire and their works.

Ok, some comments on the trailer now. The song is... how do I say horrible without making it sound so bad? Meaning, I want to make it sound even worse. :thumbdown: For me, it is. Hate it. Just do.
The dad, I'm gonna like. I was also a tiny bit relieved to see what's-his-name smile and pinch her cheek. Let's try and avoid that Tae Kyung on-sourpuss-mode-24/7 style, right Keun Suk?

Now, Mae Ri, I'm really not liking so far. I don't want another spoiled, nagging little girl who's ten years away from becoming a real woman and seems to think acting like a highly functional autistic is cute.
I know handsome serious men are supposed to fall for them for being so honest and "real" and all, but sorry. Can't buy that. Not when they're THIS annoying. I get the rocker dude. Rich guy doesn't make sense.
Still, I hope that they're just stressing this behavior from her on the teasers cause THEY think it looks cute or likable. Meaning, I hope hope HOPE she's not like this all the time. Can't handle such a whiny brat.

All in all, I still don't get how the series will be much. The teasers seem more focused on showing the awesome fashion of this show *tries hard to keep a straight face* than the actual plot or what to expect.
Also, damn miss Kim Hyo Jin and her awesome body. Heck, at least there's a WOMAN in the series. And a man too. Why don't those two hook up and leave the kiddies to play with their curling irons?

So, fingers crossed (and legs too, till Jae Wook comes along) and let's hope this will not be just as silly and childish as they have been promoting it to be. Let's try and fight the urge to "WTF" all over this for now.
Who knows. We might be very pleasantly surprised. Personally, I am very easily impressed with kdrama and very forgiving too. Have to be, otherwise I'd hate most rom coms that come out. So, let's take it with a smile! ^^

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 6th, '10, 04:43

I kinda liked it. Mainly because I didn't understand a word anyone was saying, maybe. But I like hearing JKS voice a lot. It's one of my favorite things about him, albeit hair still looks meeeeh for me. My brother says he looks like a travelling gypsy or something. Hahaha.

I too think that the second leads are sexaaaaay :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 6th, '10, 09:59

:lol

orion wrote:Andwae, no sh*t! Don't let her get married to that guy, daddy! Push her to the rich dude! The rich dude!! The male one! With looks! And money! And a proper car! No bus!
do they want to say that Loooove can win over all these plus marks. of course it would if she knew one of the guy more than other one. come on dad, this is your daughter and her kids and their genes future we are talking about.
orion wrote:Now, Mae Ri, I'm really not liking so far. I don't want another spoiled, nagging little girl who's ten years away from becoming a real woman and seems to think acting like a highly functional autistic is cute.
I know handsome serious men are supposed to fall for them for being so honest and "real" and all, but sorry. Can't buy that. Not when they're THIS annoying. I get the rocker dude. Rich guy doesn't make sense.
Still, I hope that they're just stressing this behavior from her on the teasers cause THEY think it looks cute or likable. Meaning, I hope hope HOPE she's not like this all the time. Can't handle such a whiny brat.
YESSSSS, i seriously hate her and these kind of characters in the drama. they always show all men on earth fall in love with this types of girls/women maybe because it does not happen in reality so they just give them some false hope to keep them happy.

watching both trailers, could not help remembering TK in every single JKS scenes. it seems that he is stock with character forever. TK has taken over JKS for real. maybe that's why he did not want this character to go to anyone else.

still, have to agree with Jana about JKS voice. I too have weakness towards certain voices.

:P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 6th, '10, 10:08

Yes, the voice remained the same, but the body changed... what a pity.
I refuse to watch trailer. I had my share of Taekyung... oops, he doesn't play him but I could swear I saw Taekyung with locks... If I refuse to acknowledge the horror, the horror won't acknowledge me...
I plan to see the first episode as unbiased as I can be.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 6th, '10, 10:55

Well look, to be fair here.. *trying to get the Doris image out of her mind*... Ahem... *snort*... Ok, to be fair here, just because he seems bored/angry, we can't be sure he's Tae Kyung.
I mean, we can say he should work on more pouty and angry expressions cause they all look the same, but we can't be sure the character will really act like Tae Kyung. Not for sure.
We are afraid he will, because we've lost trust in the actor, but I can't judge his acting from what is basically seconds, and not ones that count. But if he does pull another TK, that's it.

As for the voice, yes, it's sexy and beautiful and one of the most sensual voices I've heard. Too bad it's attached to this mind (or what's left of it after years of being "adored"). And the body is paying for that too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 6th, '10, 11:17

I still like his one song from BV. I may hate what he displays, but I have to be fair and praise what can be praised.
Dodge this, fangirls!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 6th, '10, 17:12

Will be back soon (in a couple of hours) with two new videos. One conclusion I made from them? STOP GETTING PLASTIC SURGERY YOU DO NOT NEED, DAMN IT!!!!

I swear, his nose is creepy right now. It's ugly and looks unnatural when it was so nice before. He reminds me of that Changeling race in Star Trek that had no curve on their noses.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 6th, '10, 17:24

Hmm, the link is broken, I see no pic...

But I always didn't like his nose, btw, regardless he did or not. Voice - OK, eyes, OK, but not the nose...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 6th, '10, 17:28

Well, at least he looked human with it. Now he looks like someone grabbed the skin from the tip of his nose and pulled it straight up to meet his eyebrow level. Which is probably what they did. Yuck.

And here are two more examples. Hope you can see these.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 6th, '10, 20:05

Teaser 4 with an annoying cutesy greeting thing at the end. Yuck yuck yuck!

And some random scenes, apparently from the press conference. They're not scenes from the event, but scenes from the series, shown during its course.

Actual Scene Previews

So, Jae Wook is mute and Keun Suk is not Tae Kyung only when drunk. Heck, keep the booze comin' if his character's only gonna lighten' up when he's knocked back a few! :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 6th, '10, 20:18

Hmm... to compliment your mentioning of drinking...
I couldn't watch it through though.
Actor Jang Geun-seok confessed that he actually drank with Moon Geun-yeong during the shooting.

Jang Geun-seok attended for production showcase of 'Marry Me, Mary!', which was held in Seoul Imperial Palace Hotel on 3rd. During the conference, Jang Geun-seok started his words by saying, “Both actors/actresses and staffs like drinking so we get together after shooting often. Once during the shooting, we had a scene where we have to act drinking. I told props team that I want to change it to real Soju so we eventually drank together during the shooting.”

Jang Geun-seok also mentioned that Moon Geun-yeong is a 'drinker'. He said, “Geun-yeong is quite a drinker. We drank SoMaek (soju + beer) once and I was knocked down after one shot.”

To this comment, Moon Geun-yeong answered, “I am actually not a heavy drinker. Since my father always emphasizing on coming back home after drink, so I have to get hold of myself with my willpower. That makes me look like a drinker but inside, I am always dying.”

Moon Geun-yeong's role is Wi Ma-ri, who is in a dilemna about who to choose between two different marriage experience. Jang Geun-seok will be playing as Kang Moo-kyeol, the indie band vocal, who has a nickname 'Hong-dae Hippie'. hancinema
You need to come to Europe, Tae... I mean JGS.... for few beers and shots of cherry vodka...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 6th, '10, 23:34

Hm...a few drinks and you wake up with a new (hair)-style the next morning...Don't worry, nobody's gonna touch that skinny body of yours...:twisted:

Hm I really don't have any feelings about the teasers. Only that there isn't enough Jaw Wook!! Dunno why but I watched some of the PC, and I really dig Jae Wook's style. Forget about the strange jacket, but his face and attitude there...hmmmm yummy. Strange enough, even though he's also much too skinny. He's still a guy, a sexy one, too. :P

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 12:37

Regarding first video,

Aww look at that, they're all friendly with each other and stuff >_< High fives all around! Hahahahah.

Second video,

When he licked his hand, and the cat picture came out, I was like WAHAHAHAHA-ing at it. It's adorable. I think I may have forgiven everything else that had happened because of that one scene.

Though personally, I have to admit, I... well I prefer how he looked here, fashion-wise (except for freaking hair) than how he looked in YB. There were a lot of times when I was all WTH is he wearing in YB.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 7th, '10, 13:11

janajee wrote:When he licked his hand, and the cat picture came out, I was like WAHAHAHAHA-ing at it. It's adorable. I think I may have forgiven everything else that had happened because of that one scene.
I know i am going to be dead again by the gang specially E-chan (i'm still in shock from the last time :P ) but YESSSSSSSSSS. it WAS TOO ADORABLE and CUTE. :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 13:17

Hahaha, but it was so so so cute. I was laughing and then awwwwing about it. I think I just really missed the guy, you know? Heheheheheheh

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 13:21

Hm me too...I thought the little cat they showed was cute...somehow like the one from Shrek...

wait, am I missing the point?? :P

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 13:24

Hahahhahaha, I think the whole combo of the cat with the licking made the scene adorable. Hahahha, if they cat wasn't there, maybe it would lessen the adorable-ness???? Hehehhe

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 7th, '10, 13:29

eeeeerrr, maybe he is trying to compensate for not being able to be k-momo by trying to be a cat pet here? :whistling:
still, cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. :mrgreen:

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 13:31

I'd take him in as a pet cat. Then maybe feed him so that he'd gain some weight or something, but definitely the first thing I'd do is to cut his hair. I have a hair fetish, and it affects me so much :'( Hahahahahah

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 7th, '10, 13:33

Ahaha. You always surprise me, ladies. Am I the only one who did NOT find it cute at all? :rofl:
I was like "The f*ck are you doing? Licking a wound on a hand that was just on the ground?".

Also, those weird signs on the screen were just nuts. Raccoons, money, cats. The hell?!!
Still, I know they love their wackiness over there so those don't bother me much anyway.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 13:40

Those weird signs actually gave me a clue as to what was happening. Cause other than that, I'd really be completely 100 percent clueless as what was going on. Hahahahhaha. When he was drunk and he said Merry Christmas... that made me guffaw a little bit. Hahahahha

(Ate Orion, you know I live to surprise you, heheheheheh)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 14:09

Issy... ah well... I will let it pass this time...

Good thing I didn't watch the licking. As much as I love cats, I don't think I would find it cute. Human trying to act like a cat is just stupid. Act as a hamster, I say.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 7th, '10, 14:15

Actual Scene Preview was actually interesting and not as borning as the teasers... I'm still not convinced about the girl that she won't be annoying (as I have bad habit to hate dramas with annoing female leads...) but I'm now more interested about this. Who knows, maybe it will be much better than those lame teasers make you think.

and that licking was cute... I'm so waiting for You Pet.... I just hope the female lead isn't someone annoying.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 7th, '10, 14:41

I was looking forward to You're my Pet back when I thought we'd see a manly man act cute. But somehow, seeing Keun Suk act this way over so many months, has made me lose interest.
It's nice when someone is pretending and it's nice to see a strong man act vulnerable. THAT is cute. But to see someone acting kawaii and pretty in their public life makes the idea not so appealing.

That's the mistake he seems to be making. He is eliminating the contrast between himself and the characters he plays. He tries to BE them too much and the appeal of seeing him act is then gone. You just see HIM.
An actor should strive to be neutral in their public persona. That way, the contrast to the characters they play shows how good they are. When you become the characters you play, that shows weakness as an actor.

I've seen him do stupid dances, try to act cute, heck, even wear bunny suits. So, why watch You're my Pet when there won't be anything new in it? To get more of what I've been getting for so many months now?
I will watch it, if it's good, but I'd enjoy it more if the guy in it would be someone who would give me something new. Then I could go "Wow! It's so cute and funny how this guy acts this way! Never seen him like this before!".

That's the appeal of the pet role. A guy who is otherwise a manly man, is acting in away you would not expect a man to act. But we're so used to Keun Suk being cutesy, that the cuteness won't impress.
That, and the attempt to seem manly, which Momo is, will just seem ridiculous coming from an actor who says he likes to be mistaken for a woman on the street and is bragging about his S-line.

Anyway, my fan issues with him aside, it looks like we might not get another Tae Kyung in Mary. At least the character in the manhwa is different. Hope he can portray that and not try and be Tae Kyung again.
Tomorrow is the day and I'll be watching. And judging as objectively as possible. I'm not an anti and therefore I'm not ashamed to praise someone. Neither am I a fangirl, so I have the brains to criticize as well.
I think we need more people like us ladies here. Unfortunately, most people tend to be on either side. They either only complain or only praise. And kdrama and movies don't deserve that. They deserve objectivity.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 7th, '10, 16:10

I don't do much fangirling so I'm not up to date what actor X did this year or what hair style they have now. I mostly just watch their dramas and fangirl based on them. I guess I miss a lot info but in some cases I don't think it's bad thing. I have only seen You're Beauiful and JGS's movies so the way I want to see him in You Pet is how he was in You're Beautiful as Tae Kyung (as distant/cold IRL but cute as Momo, I'm not talking about looks) but I guess it all depends how director and JGS see things. *hopes for the best*

I have to agree that it's not cute if actor gets stuck in his chracters. It also makes you wonder if you really act well or just do that same thing that they're good at it and not try new ways or roles. But what it comes to real life style, I don't think people as static objects, they change. To me it's unreasonable to ask person stay same even if it's what you prefere. Doing mistakes is fine as long as you learn something from it.

What it comes to Mary or JGS's girly look in general , I don't think there is some certain "manly style" that you have to obey. I personally like all kinds of people from girly boys to manly ladies. Making girls to wear pink dresses and boys just boyish colors like blue and green just because of their sex makes me sick.

To me it sounds like people are more concerned about looks in this drama than the actual plot itself. I hope people are not scared away because of some curly hair. ^^'

Anyway, I will give Mary a chance, not hoping for too much as I didn't from Playful Kiss so I hope it will suprise me. If not then oh well, there is a lot more other stuff to watch. ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 7th, '10, 16:49

Indeed. Personally, as much as I might whine about the hair and fashion, I can separate that from the actual acting. If he acts good and shows improvement, I'll say a big bravo to the kid for that.
As for the style, I personally think actors should be more neutral in their public (not personal) time. Change is good and natural, but public image is planned and I expect it to be planned in a smart way.

Anyway, it's been a long time since we've seen Keun Suk in action (that doesn't involve being an idiot on stage), so I'm very excited and scared. I fear he'll be bad or the same, but hope he's gonna prove me wrong.

Edit: Woah! I am the thread starter? Lol. Ethlenn, didn't know you could do that. Ahahaha! Ok then. Will change the first post a bit on Tuesday. Put some fancy colors, more bold (lol).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 20:26

I can do anything.

And thanks for noticing a 2-days-old fact... :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 7th, '10, 20:38

Sowwy. Never went to the first page to check. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 8th, '10, 05:29

In case anyone wants to watch it streaming:
http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/index.html
Click on KBS2
In our zone, it will be around 2 pm, Issy - a bit earlier.
Oh well, just check the world time... :whistling: