Your top 5 melodramatic Kdrama

Discuss Korean drama series here.
bigsoccer

Your top 5 melodramatic Kdrama

Post by bigsoccer » Oct 17th, '10, 14:35

Similar to the Your top 5 romantic/comedy Kdrama thread.

Your top 5 historical Kdrama
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_91246.htm

Only this time, it's melodrama.

Thank you.
Last edited by bigsoccer on Dec 20th, '10, 02:32, edited 2 times in total.

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Oct 30th, '10, 13:29

Only seen 4 melodrama but here's my list

1. King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo
2. Will it snow for christmas
3. I'm sorry I love you
4. A love to kill
5. ?

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Nov 13th, '10, 18:54

I didn't watch many melodramas , the ones i liked are:

1. Winter Sonata
2. The Snow Queen
3. Will it Snow for Christmas
4. Green Rose
5. Save The Last Dance
Last edited by riki_kun on Mar 3rd, '11, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Nov 13th, '10, 18:59

I've only liked two so far (I think :unsure: )

crazy for you
Sad love story

thon

Post by thon » Nov 13th, '10, 19:29

The Snow Queen
Sad Sonata
Stairway to Heaven
The Tree of Heaven
Single Dad in Love

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 19th, '10, 22:43

I was trying to come up with just melodrama but noticed that most of them start as something else but end up as melodrama (like Goong). But I'll list them anyway.

1. A Love to Kill (I loved this very much. Some may say it was draggy but I don't mind slow dramas. Only thing that I kinda didn't like was the sad ending, couldn't accept it...But Shin Min Ah and Rain <3)
2. The Devil (When I started this drama first time I dropped it because of annoying music and somehow too obvious plot but then took it on watch later and I'm so glad I did, I would have missed one awesome drama! I know it's not just melodrama but if you think about the plot it defiently is. Ending was so sad again... but best prossible I think.)
3. Goong (It started as romantic comedy yes but developed as huge melodrama.)
4. I'm Sorry, I Love You (When I started watching this, I didn't like it at all. It was boring and I hated So Ji Sub's character but after several episodes the actual plot started to open up and I just loved it. Though I still find So Ji Sub's eyes scary. *hides* )
5. Magic (It's not my favourite, but it was ok. I did cry a lot so I guess it's counts as good melodrama then. I didn't like the "It's impossible to be together" attitude here but loved the tangled plot.)

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Dec 1st, '10, 00:11

I tend to agree with Viande, a number of series start off as one thing but soon turn into something else by the time the series ends. Dailies for one thing all start off as dramas and take on both a heavy melodramatic sense then are sprinkled with comedy and/or romance before heading back into the over-the-top drama aspect of the story. That being said here are a few of my favorites though two of them can easily be defined as more romance/comedy than a true melodrama, it's all a matter of perspective/definition.
  • Summer Scent
    Snow Queen
    Smile, You
    East of Eden
    Sweet 18

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Dec 15th, '10, 10:57

semi-fly wrote:I tend to agree with Viande, a number of series start off as one thing but soon turn into something else by the time the series ends. Dailies for one thing all start off as dramas and take on both a heavy melodramatic sense then are sprinkled with comedy and/or romance before heading back into the over-the-top drama aspect of the story. That being said here are a few of my favorites though two of them can easily be defined as more romance/comedy than a true melodrama, it's all a matter of perspective/definition.
  • Summer Scent
    Snow Queen
    Smile, You
    East of Eden
    Sweet 18
I guess I should define melodrama better.

According to wikipedia:

The term melodrama refers to a dramatic work which exaggerates plot and characters in order to appeal to the emotions.

Though I guess a melodrama for this thread should be defined as tearjerker like A love to Kill, Will it snow for christmas etc...In my opinion, that's what a melodrama is (as oppose to just a drama).

Though its definition is definitely broader.

woochan11

Post by woochan11 » Jan 13th, '11, 03:09

The only melodrama I have watched is Autumn In My Heart. Maybe I'll try to watch some of the recommended above.
Currently watching: My Princess

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 13th, '11, 05:22

1. The Devil
2. Soulmate
3. Save The Last Dance
4. One Fine Day
5. Cinderella's sister(I think this counts too)