So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 09:33

i have made a similar thread in general section some months go because i thought it would be a fun idea to know currently watched dramas (J, K, C... dramas) by d-addicts. i also thought that it can give us an idea about any particular drama because sometimes we just can't think of anything to watch) but for some reason it disappeared.

now i am making a new one only for kdramas as i am more into them right now.
not sure if there is any problem creating such threads (because of disappearance of the old thread) so i leave it up to mods. feel free to delete if you think is waste of space. :whistling:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 18th, '10, 09:59

Playful Kiss(waiting for the last 2 episodes) and Sungkyunkwan scandal. But I'll start Fugitive soon. And when it will begin to air - Athena. I'm not planning on getting into more. But... maybe...

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 18th, '10, 10:14

Sounds good to me, easier to check people's opinions on some dramas that scrolling several threads. *nod*

I'm currently watching:
-You're Beautiful and really liking it. The series somehow reminds me of some other series but can't put my finger on it. Anyway, very amusing and Park Shin Hye looks so good as boy. ^^
-Playful Kiss. I can't say much about this yet, just started it. I don't like much Kim Hyun Joong as actor because he's so stiff. ^^' But I'm still looking forward to.

Also starting Fugitive when subs come.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 18th, '10, 12:21

- Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Loving it!
- Dr. Champ - So far like the first two episodes
- General Hospital 2 - Halfway through it.
- A Good Day For The Wind to Blow - 60 episodes into it. Love it. Too bad subs got dropped because I don't understand Korean.
- Gloria - Love everything Bae Doona does.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 12:51

as for me, finished watching The Return of Iljimae
at first, i thought it is a sequel to the Iljimae drama but with different actor but then noticed that it has nothing to do with the first one and it has a whole separate story on its own. comparing the two, over all, i thought the return of iljimae was better because i just could not take the loud shouting and over the top acting of iljimae drama. it was too much to take in. but from the look of it, it seems the less budget was spend on TROI and it was so obvious on bad make up of characters (specially that giant man) and the story seemed a bit repetitive in some points. they just could do the whole drama in 16eps and it would have looked better.
but i have to admit that it was the first kdrama or sageuk to watch with lots of love and romantic scenes between the characters.
:whistling:

i see the name of general hospital 2 drama in above post, i just have to comment on this one because due to my recent crush on Im Ju Hwan, i wanted to see everything he has done and General Hospital 2 was one of them in which he had a very small role in ep6 and 7 but was abit disturbed with the story. a story about young model who for sake of keep his figure stopped eating food properly and now he is in the stage that has to have surgery done and live with colostomy for rest of his life or die. i thought the acting of IJH in that role was just so great and believable. specially the fact the he is actually a model made it even more emotional. well, at least for me :mrgreen:

currently following; SKKS and LOOOOVING every minute of it. not sure how to deal with its with drawing symptoms once is over in few weeks. :-(

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 18th, '10, 12:53

so far I'm watching only J-drama but I love to watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal next :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 12:58

Seongkyunkwan Scandal, and as Issy above, I'm afraid of the withdrawal syndrome that will hit in few weeks.
Life Is Beautiful - loving it.
Giant - great story, great acting.
Daemul - because of Mrs. Ko :) and the name itself, ehehe, SKKS strikes back!

As I don't like medical drama, I try to stay away from those...

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 18th, '10, 13:16

I'm currently watching:

OB/GYN Doctors: This drama went by surprisingly painlessly, as I usually hit a wall somewhere around episode 10-12 (in a 16 epi drama), because the romance starts to be on-off and ridiculous. This has a lot of workplace related stuff, so the romance only goes on the side. If you're not into medical stuff, I wouldn't recommend. Graphic stuff. Now I've been stuck on episode 14 for a couple of weeks, but I intend to finish this soon.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal: Stuck in episode 5, but it's really good and funny. The characters are adorable. I recommend.

Playful Kiss: Also stuck in episode 5. Even tho I hate Ariel's character in ISWAK with a vengeance, they had a chemistry that PK hasn't been able to recreate. Female lead is actually pretty likable, and Kim Hyun Joong is actually not half bad.

I have a long list of unfinished stuff I need to watch, but I'm planning on starting Triple, Chuno and Flames of Desire soon. I'm also waiting for Athena, even tho I wasn't able to finish Iris.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 13:39

Eh, blood doesn't scare me, I don't like hospitals in general (bad memories) and the jargon keeps boring me after 5 minutes.

Forgot to add: finally finishing I Am Legend and surprisingly I like it.

taylor

Post by taylor » Oct 18th, '10, 13:46

Playful Kiss

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 13:48

i don't mind a medical drama as long as has some romantic story too. come to think of it, i always watched medical dramas. :mrgreen:
i thought of starting OB/GYN because od SJK to be honest.
i still have Painter of the wind to finish so i might finish it before starting a new one. not so sure though :scratch:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 18th, '10, 14:47

Issy wrote:i don't mind a medical drama as long as has some romantic story too. come to think of it, i always watched medical dramas. :mrgreen:
i thought of starting OB/GYN because od SJK to be honest.
:
Yeah, there's lots of SJK goodness in OB/GYN. He's in every episode, and has his own romantic storyline. Not bad at all. But there's gonna be blood. And intestines. And bloody babies pulled out of wombs. And babies and mothers dying in every episode. I do appreciate the fact that they talk about societal issues all the time: teen pregnancies, disabled children (and people who do abortions because of them) and bunch of other problematic stuff.

I have no idea why I watch medical dramas because I hate hospitals and I faint at the sight of blood.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 18th, '10, 15:48

Currently watching Playful Kiss.

Although, we're re-watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and Coffee Prince as well.

Tungii

Post by Tungii » Oct 18th, '10, 15:53

Im currently watching: Witch Yoo Hee

Im at episode 5 and have been enjoying it so far

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 18th, '10, 16:22

Sungkyunkwan Scandal - One day, I was bored out of my mind and decided to give this show a try. Ever since that fateful day, I've been :goggle: :w000t: after it.
Dae Mul - If she can't be a queen of Shilla, at least she can be a president of Korea. :dance:
Fugitive - I have Bi complex. :flamed:
Doctor Champ - It started off good. Now I'm thinking of dropping this one. :scratch:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 18th, '10, 22:05

Just finished My GF is a Gumiho and Personal Taste...

...not sure what to watch next. Watched the first two eps of You're Beautiful, but so far I am bored.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 18th, '10, 23:27

Currrently Im watching Exhibition of Firworks...just two episodes left. I soooo want to watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal but im waiting for ALL the subs to come out. :cry: I watched the first episode of Fugitive Plan B and was kinda ify about the first episode but I still love Rain! For those who know, after I got my computer back I feel kinda lost on what to watch next. I have to get back into the habit. :blink

Pythia

Post by Pythia » Oct 19th, '10, 00:55

I'm watching Playful Kiss, I like Jung So Min. I think she's cute. Plus KHJ is there. He might not be as good as an actor but I luv his killer smiles.... :P
I recently finished watching Goong (for the 3rd time). Got inspired to watch it while watching PK ep.5.
I'll be starting Sungkyunkwan Scandal soon as I download them.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 19th, '10, 11:34

Tungii wrote:Im currently watching: Witch Yoo Hee

Im at episode 5 and have been enjoying it so far
Oh snap! We got a 19 year-old male here. Go easy on him, ladies ;D Btw, good choice. If you'll like the drama, then yoiu should watch Dal Ja's spring next, I find it very similar, yet good.

I'm downloading Fugitive already <- wrote that so this wouldn't be a spam.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Oct 19th, '10, 17:42

Playful Kiss!!! :wub:
Haha it´s my first time to watch Kdrama. :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 19th, '10, 18:26

Just finished watching first 2 episodes of Fugitive. And it's just AWESOME. I had a laugh, too. It's quite amusing.

Can't wait for next episodes.

jossah

Post by jossah » Oct 19th, '10, 18:37

Stuck at episode 13 of Iris. I watched some parts of episodes 17-end when I got home and found my dad watching my DVDs. (He got hooked on the story coz of the spy/action thing. I was just in it for TOP. LOL.) I can't seem to finish this series coz it's too heavy for me right now. When I get home after a long day I just wanna kick back and relax. Will watch this again once I have free time.

I just finished watching Goong S this afternoon. It's old I know but I just recently started watching Kdramas (I was addicted to jdramas until mid-2010. Not many good Jdramas lately. Boo.) so I have a lot of catching up to do. I liked Goong S better than Princess Hours. The story is better. I still don't like Se7en that much though.

I wanna watch Playfull Kiss. Will download the episodes this week. ^_^

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Oct 19th, '10, 19:25

Playful Kiss, and it happens to be a way better than I expected before! :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 19th, '10, 19:38

gilnis wrote:Playful Kiss, and it happens to be a way better than I expected before! :wub:
I have exactly opposite opinion,

aility

Post by aility » Oct 19th, '10, 19:44

Oh Gilnis, care to elaborate on why playful kiss is better than expected? :mrgreen:

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Oct 19th, '10, 20:35

Well, Aility :-)
because I didn't expect ANY good from a drama starring Kim Hyun Joong... :whistling: I thought I'd hate it as much I hate Boys Over Flowers but surprisingly for some reason I can't bring myself to do so and I was getting more addicted.:sweat: I haven't fallen for KHJ and it's impossible to happen and I still keep thinking he isn't able to act but now it doesn't matter (I also don't know why :scratch:) and I could find some good points. :D I also find Jung So Min cute.
I won't say it's such a great drama (of course not) but I'm serious that it's worth watching for those who liked the anime. (I hate the first episode though.) I've seen both the Japanese (with such an idiotic, really irritating female lead :crazy: :crazy: ) and Taiwanese versions of the story and this time the Korean one has won for me, because it's based on the anime and I'm glad I can got the same feeling from it unlike the Taiwanese version.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Oct 19th, '10, 20:48

Neliets wrote:I have exactly opposite opinion,
You can tell me. :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 19th, '10, 21:01

gilnis wrote:.. because I didn't expect ANY good from a drama starring Kim Hyun Joong... :whistling: I thought I'd hate it as much I hate Boys Over Flowers but surprisingly for some reason I can't bring myself to do so and I was getting more addicted.:sweat: I haven't fallen for KHJ and it's impossible to happen and I still keep thinking he isn't able to act but now it doesn't matter (I also don't know why :scratch:) and I could find some good points. :D
I actually had the same, I had no expectations for it but found myself waiting for next subs. :whistling: I haven't seen any other versions before so I don't have anything to compare either. Even though his acting is still quite stiff, there is some strange feeling of joy when he manages to get that one smile on his face. ^^

Though, I have to confess that I liked Kim Hyun Joong in We got Married because he was so clever and you could never tell what he was up with his poker face. ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 19th, '10, 23:01

Same here. I was expecting something so bad, that it was kind of a relief. I mean, he still sucks in acting, but the rest of the cast is very nice and the story is going well.
Honestly, even though he did gain some expressions, his eyes are still as cold as ever and he can't convey the feelings Naoki had. An animation was more human than him....

Because of his coldness, you really don't feel like cheering for the couple like you do with others. But the entire cast and happenings are so nice that you can look past that.
I mean, I LOVE Seung Jo's mom, Joon Gu is, even though stupid, very admirable in his loyalty (and not blind idiotic fixation like Ha Ni's for Seung Jo) and Mr. Tennis is just too damn funny.
I like their scenes and I like their characters. And the only reason I don't get mad at Ha Ni for liking such a royal jerk, is because she's not as annoying and clingy and stupid as Kotoko.

It's still not a top series and if you don't have an attachment to the story, you probably will find it not worth your trouble, but for me, it was ok. It's a nostalgic feeling. Bittersweet.
For me, when so many manga and anime end with the first kiss, as if that's the completion of a relationship (sorry, not adult relationship, people), this was refreshing.
I loved how human and nice the story was. Even with the whole anime/manga kawaii and cartooney madness. So yes, for the memories alone, this was worth it for me.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 19th, '10, 23:21

gilnis wrote: I've seen both the Japanese (with such an idiotic, really irritating female lead :crazy: :crazy: ) and Taiwanese versions of the story and this time the Korean one has won for me, because it's based on the anime and I'm glad I can got the same feeling from it unlike the Taiwanese version.
I actually like the fact that Koreans usually follow the original plot pretty slavishly. Especially if I really like the original, then it's really fun to see it "live". It's weird, but I've seen a lot of series as different versions (HanaDan as anime, jdrama, twdrama and kdrama; HanaKimi as manga, anime, jdrama and twdrama; and so on), but I've never gotten bored with any story. I think it's really interesting how small stuff, like cultural differences bring something new to the story.
Viande wrote:
Though, I have to confess that I liked Kim Hyun Joong in We got Married because he was so clever and you could never tell what he was up with his poker face. ^^
And it's not like he doesn't know how to smile. I've also found him very charming in variety shows, and I was a total JoongBo shipper in WGM. Maybe he's a bit socially awkward or something. Then he gets these "cool and handsome" type of roles, when he's actually at his best when he's being all goofy and stuff. I dunno. But I do think he's pretty likable, and it feels like he's slowly learning. I've definitely seen worse!

Anyway, I think the Korean version suits for those who liked the story but found Ariel really annoying. Ha Ni is much more likable and not that stupid either.

punky_brewster

Post by punky_brewster » Oct 20th, '10, 00:02

i'm currently watching~
~ 1st Episode of Fugitive Plan B
~ Sungkyunkwan
~ Playful Kiss

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 20th, '10, 00:54

Watching Playful Kiss, but I have just started downloading SKKS - I can't seem to type the full name properly hahahah but it seems to be really good as ate Ethlenn seems to think, and currently re-watching with friends My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

polarmi

Post by polarmi » Oct 20th, '10, 02:00

kyaaaa.....SUNGKYUNKWAN SCANDAL, :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 04:19

Oh Jana, is so rare to catch you, hun!!
Do watch SKKS^^

I gave Fugitive Plan B a fair chance, but Daniel Henney is such a put-off. Mianhae... Can't continue.

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 20th, '10, 05:04

Ahahaha, ATE! It's really hard to go online these days. But, I'm going to be applying for College of Law soon, so wish me luck? I'm applying tomorrow even though the test is about a month's time from now. AAAAH.

Is SKKS funny? I'm still downloading the episodes that have come out. I'm actually really looking forward to it XD

sarasa36

Post by sarasa36 » Oct 20th, '10, 06:00

Currently watching (even when I have to study hahaha):

- All about marriage: it's funny
- Dr Champ
- Fugitive plan B: seems interesting
- Gloria
- Happiness in the wind
- SongKyunKwan Scandal
- The great merchant Kim Mandeok

I am also still watching Dong Yi (but only one chapter left haha).

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 24th, '10, 12:09

started watching Queen of Housewives ^__^

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Oct 24th, '10, 12:27

my girlfriend is gumiho episode 9

nasi_tambah1

Post by nasi_tambah1 » Oct 24th, '10, 13:06

currently watch:
- Secret Investigation record
- Gloria
- Giant

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 28th, '10, 09:08

Since SKKS is ending next week, I'm thinking of picking up Sorry I Love You. :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 29th, '10, 17:52

A little update from me -
Watching Fugitive, The woman who still wants to marry and Sungkyunkwan scandal.

Fugitive - I think that I said that it's just pleasure to watch, because you can laugh quite often, you see decent amount of action and EVEN romance. Oh, I forgot to mention that you can see Rain there too ;D I've watched 7 episodes and I just can't wait for next episode to get subbed(I'm not using Withs2, I'm using a faster alternative).

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry - it's very good, imho, but I'm now so hang up on Fugitive, so I can't tell you too much about it. But I recommend it, seen 5 episodes and I'm not bored.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal - hmm.... Sorry, SKKS addicts but I don't like it that much. Started to watch it because everyone said that it was very, very good but I find it a little bit... I can't describe it really. I just don't have that much desire to see/wait for next episodes. I'll definitely watch it, since I started it, but no desire, anxiety what so ever.

And I'm so becoming a kpop fanboy... I'm listening to korean music for more than year, I think, but I've never liked girl groups that much but recently(not that recently tbh, when they started performing song called "A") I have started to love Rainbow. ;D I've even considered to start to spam Soompi thread, but sadly it's closed as from today(for unknown reason).

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Oct 30th, '10, 20:52

I am waiting for subs for skks. I am hopelessly addicted to this drama. I just finished playful kiss and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I am having trouble deciding what to watch next. I have been watching a lot of j-dramas lately but I think I have watched most of the ones I really wanted to see. Maybe I will try fugitive plan b but then again like Ethienn said Daniel Henney is such a put of. I liked Kim Sam Soon but the parts with him in it were so painful for me to watch. He is eye candy but...the acting. :cry: I'm also thinking of watching flames of ambition, daemul,please marry me,queen of reversals and my girlfriend is a gumiho.

loki88

Post by loki88 » Nov 1st, '10, 06:43

watching Playful Kiss ... ^^
I want to start a new drama.. just don't know which one yet... lol

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:27

I am currently on Bad Guy (나쁜 남자). I am just about to finish it actually. Thinking of watching IRIS next.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 4th, '10, 12:27

Just started watching

Huh Joon
Spotlight
Daemul

And still watching

Doctor Champ
SKKS
Gloria
Happiness in the Wind

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 4th, '10, 12:28

Just started watching

Huh Joon
Spotlight
Daemul

And still watching

Doctor Champ
SKKS
Gloria
Happiness in the Wind

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 15th, '10, 15:42

Secret Garden
King Geunchogo
Daemul
All My Love
(every second episode^^)

waiting for Yaksha and Athena^^
And I wanted to convince myself to Strongest Chilwoo, but Zorro thingy just put me off again...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 15th, '10, 15:47

Marry me, Mary
Secret Garden

and I want to check out

My Girl

Romance Zero and
Full House

and see which one (if any or maybe all) I like so that I can continue it/them.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 15th, '10, 20:25

I'm only watching Fugitive, when subbs get out... I don't have anything else. Sadly, I won't have that much time in close future, so I don't want to pick up any drama at the moment. It seems that I'll watch Secret Garden later. Seems quite interesting.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 16th, '10, 11:43

Just finished
Sungkyunkwan Scandal

Now currently waiting for the subs of
Secret Garden
Marry Me Mary
Playful Kiss

And still watching
Fantasy Couple

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 16th, '10, 11:56

Currently watching (whenever hardsubs are up) Marry Me Mary.
I was watching Fugitive but it wasn't my cup of tea so it's still in proggress. (Seen three episodes so far and it was too much action for me.) But maybe I will watch it bit by bit while waiting subs for other series.

Starting Secret Garden as soon as subs come.

leonice

Post by leonice » Nov 18th, '10, 15:56

I'm currently hooked on Marry me Mary. I was looking for some new taiwanese show to watch too, something funny...any suggestions?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 18th, '10, 16:40

Secret Garden
Secret Garden
Secret Garden

I cannot take my eyes of of Gil Ra Im, so cute, beautiful, smart, and she can kick your butt. I am watching each episode at least three or four times, and this will be on drama I want on Blu-Ray.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 19th, '10, 12:28

Secret Garden
Marry Me Mary
King Geunchogo (not sure i will carry on with this one though)

Flames of Ambitions.
Gloria --some how first few minutes of its first ep really really cought my eyes and i am kind of in love it without even watching it. i'll see if it will stay like this for me.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Nov 26th, '10, 10:24

I'm currently rewatching
Sweet 18

and still waiting for missing episodes of

Fugitive: Plan B (<3)
Mary Stayed Out All Night

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 29th, '10, 21:36

Just started Marry me, Mary. Quite interesting but the guy's songs ain't good, sorry. ;D Last subbed episode(3rd) ended quite funny. ;D

Still watching Fugitive, by the way! Can't wait for last 4 episodes. ;D

And I want to watch Secret Garden but Withs2 has only subbed first episode... Is there anyone who have subbed more?

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Nov 29th, '10, 22:54

Just powered through Coffee Prince (awesome). I guess I'll start watching Secret Garden since it is all the hype.

somebodyNICE

Post by somebodyNICE » Nov 29th, '10, 23:32

@Neliets - a team at vikii has subbed the first 4 eps of Secret Garden, you can find them by clicking the torrents here on d-addicts...but just warning you that its super addictive and after the 4 eps are done you will be craving more!

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Nov 30th, '10, 23:55

Watching way too much stuff at the moment:
  • All My Love
    Dae Mul
    Flames of Ambition
    Glad To Love You
    Gloria
    Jungle Fish 2
    King Geunchogo
    It's Okay, Daddy's Girl
    Mary Stayed Out All Night
    Once Upon a Time in Saengchori
    Secret Garden
    Smile, Dong-hae
    Smile, Mom
    Stormy Lovers

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Nov 30th, '10, 23:57

How is Daemul? Any good so far?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 8th, '10, 05:19

I'm watching Mary Stayed Out All Night, Secret Garden, Fugitive and I started Prosecutor Princess, which is unexpectedly good. I thought that it would be something boring like City Hall but that's no the case.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Dec 9th, '10, 17:25

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:How is Daemul? Any good so far?
I am watching it as fast as the subs come out and enjoying it.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Dec 11th, '10, 06:50

I had a total kdrama slump for a while, but now I'm back. Just started watching All my love, a 20-minute sitcom. The episodes have flown by way too fast! Now I keep craving for more, but I'm waiting for subs, so...
I was actually pretty surprised I liked All my love, because I tried checking out High kick through the roof earlier, and I didn't enjoy it much. I think I'll try again, tho, since I didn't manage to see Kikwang yet, and I feel I need to see if he's as ridiculous as Doojoon in All my love. (oh, they are Beast's members, in case you didn't know :))

I haven't been able to tackle any of the new kdramas. I haven't even finished last season's kdramas, but I'll get there. It's actually good that they've been airing for a while before I start. I'm really bad at following stuff every week, because even tho I'm totally hooked at first, the feeling disappears before the next episode comes out. It's much better if it's aired and subbed already, then I can just watch the whole thing in a day or two.

I actually wanted to check out Jungle Fish 2, since there's supposed to be some controversial topics in it, but I haven't seen any subs anywhere. I don't do streaming, so I haven't checked those places out. I guess I could try checking it out without subs, but my Korean listening skills suck! Someone here had watched it, is it any good?

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 20th, '10, 06:41

me too, I had laid off Korean drama for a period and am now back and started off with King of Baking. Going to finish Sunkyunkwan Scandal. started on Secret Garden (loving it). After finishing Sunkyunkwan scandal, i may start on you are beautiful.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Dec 20th, '10, 11:06

Finished A Good Day For The Wind To Blow. Loved it!

Started watching I Love You, Don't Cry another 100+ episode drama. Enjoyable, so far.

purplesheesh

Post by purplesheesh » Dec 20th, '10, 11:16

Just finished watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal and I loved every minute of it. :D
Also My GF is a Gumiho and the story is also soooo f ,hjfldjhfdsfbdsvfwdbfd
Now planning to watch Brilliant Legacy because of Seunggi Baby <3

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 20th, '10, 11:24

Due to my recent obsession on KDW I started watching 1% of Anything which is totally a sweet drama but I think KDW at age of 22 is just to young to be portrating a 32 year old man and the fact that they should have got him some cloths that actually fits him instead of him swimming in them. XD but still, over all very sweet drama.

Still watching Secret Garden which I totally love and adore.
As for Gloria, it's on hold now till the storylines get less frustrating.

Need to start some new ones now.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 20th, '10, 16:00

Finishing Yi San (3 more to go!) and totally loving it. Yes, it's a period drama (taeha), why?

SSpiegel: I was about to watch Jungle Fish 2 but somehow so many dramas went in a way. Is it worth watching?

And Issy: I guess we are both stuck on the same episodes of Gloria then, hihihi...

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 20th, '10, 16:29

Ethlenn wrote:Finishing Yi San (3 more to go!) and totally loving it. Yes, it's a period drama (taeha), why?

SSpiegel: I was about to watch Jungle Fish 2 but somehow so many dramas went in a way. Is it worth watching?

And Issy: I guess we are both stuck on the same episodes of Gloria then, hihihi...
:P I don't think so. I am stuck at ep33. i think you are on earlier eps :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 20th, '10, 16:31

Well, I'm at 26th, so yes, I held it earlier, keke ^^

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 20th, '10, 23:55

Well I just finished That Fool which was actually good for me. It was refreshing because usually the type of character the lead guy had (forgot the name already) is usually played out by a girl but this time is was an average looking guy, not your Idol kinda guy but a good actor. Before that was Soul. My first horror Korean drama and LOVED it but not the ending...wont say anything. Is there any else like Soul out there. There's nothing like a good horror drama for he holidays. :O

Im planning on watching a historical drama next. Dont know which one...it will be my first one...well does Sungkyunkwan Scandal count? :P

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 21st, '10, 01:19

Issy wrote:Due to my recent obsession on KDW I started watching 1% of Anything which is totally a sweet drama but I think KDW at age of 22 is just to young to be portrating a 32 year old man and the fact that they should have got him some cloths that actually fits him instead of him swimming in them. XD but still, over all very sweet drama.

Still watching Secret Garden which I totally love and adore.
As for Gloria, it's on hold now till the storylines get less frustrating.

Need to start some new ones now.
yes i watched 1% of anything long time ago and actually like the show. But noticed that not many ppl watched that.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 21st, '10, 01:24

By the way between these shows, which are the ones that are watchable and what i should start first (would appreciate some feedback):-

a. my Girlfriend is a Gumiho
b. Marry me, Mary
c. You are Beautiful
d. Prosecutor Princess
e. Personal Taste

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Dec 21st, '10, 10:42

Issy wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Finishing Yi San (3 more to go!) and totally loving it. Yes, it's a period drama (taeha), why?

:P I don't think so. I am stuck at ep33. i think you are on earlier eps :mrgreen:
I made it to 34 and got stuck. The only reason to finish it now is to see BDN.

purplesheesh

Post by purplesheesh » Dec 22nd, '10, 15:20

Im planning on watching a historical drama next. Dont know which one...it will be my first one...well does Sungkyunkwan Scandal count? :P
yes it does count and it was also my first time watching such and it was soooo good.. :)
one warning though, it's too addictive . :) :wub:[/quote]