Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 9th, '10, 05:22

I liked how things turned out in 8th episode.

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 9th, '10, 10:10

janajee wrote:
Best thing Joo Won said to Ra Im for in this was when he told Ra Im that he would pay more of his taxes if he knew he was raising her. So so so so cute. The most adorable thing ever, and it made me really go awwwwww, Joo Won, you're so eccentric but I love you.
Agreed, that was very cute of him. ^^

At ep 6 I liked more Hyun Bin but at ep 7 and 8 I just loved Ha Ji Won, she was so believable as Joo Won. I didn't like the way they time to time switched them "back" to right bodies, it just made things more confusing. :glare: Those switches were unnecsesary.
Anyway, I'm happy that they're back on right bodies. I'm curious how their relationship will develope from now on. It would have been akward to develope any kind of realtionship with their own bodies but now that they're back I hope to see some action. :lol

What it comes to Oska, I don't really like his ex... She's so annoying. Yes I know she was hurt but rubbing it on his face is not going to help. I hope he picks Tae Ssun. 8) Oh my I just realized how young Lee Jong Suk is...

Oh and that naked Oska scene... hehe, poor Ra Im.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 9th, '10, 16:48

Like most enjoyed the 8'th epi and had lots of fun.

The gag with the Signature faking, ands how it changed...lol...after Ra-Im donned her on that paper.

Oh, and anyone had the feeling that our Doctor had the sweets for Joo Won, before mom paid her top stop??? Like she did with Ra-Im.,

Oska's Ex is annoying and to thick in the head. Speaking of Oska, the taxi-fare singing was soo lol!

The episode was nice, and i have to hand a honorary mention to Secretary Kim, who was great fun watching with his confusions!

Anyway, yeah so they're back home ( so to speak ) wonder how long till next weekend!

There were many great scenes between our leads ( Stunt&Style ) and yet I still don't have a clue as to where this drama is going!

PS. Hey anybody else curious how Joo Won restyled Ra-im's shack?? The craftsmen were a dead give-away!

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 10th, '10, 02:56

janajee wrote:
Best thing Joo Won said to Ra Im for in this was when he told Ra Im that he would pay more of his taxes if he knew he was raising her. So so so so cute. The most adorable thing ever, and it made me really go awwwwww, Joo Won, you're so eccentric but I love you.
Rich people willing to pay more taxes? Now I know this show is fantasy.
Myxale wrote:Oh, and anyone had the feeling that our Doctor had the sweets for Joo Won, before mom paid her top stop??? Like she did with Ra-Im.,
That's what it seemed like to me.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 11th, '10, 10:07

If anyone wants the house Juwon is living in:
Maiim Vision Village in the Gyeonggi Province of South Korea
Funny article I found on 10A:
My name is Kim Ju-won, I am 33 years old, and my occupation is to be rich. I believe that just about explains who I am. Any misunderstandings that could occur between me and the penniless, underprivileged person like you is usually not from lack of information but the difference in level of thinking between us that has been set since birth. But just because I own a large house and a garden that covers over 66,000 square meters of land, that does not mean I'm a rude person. You would notice that by me giving permission to the crew of SBS for drama "Secret Garden" to film in my house, as well as the room of Choi Woo-young, whom you better know as Oscar. Maybe you'll realize it one day, later on. You may end up saying, "Oh my~ I can't believe I went to Yeoju Mime Vision Village tour with 'him', such an honor for generations to come!"But let me make few things clear and I'm not telling you this just for your benefit. This is all part of the morales of the social upper class. You know, like a generosity for the needy. It's all part of my excellent upbringing. They say in the papers that I am the symbol of Korea's noblesse oblige and the only hope. I'm not sure about that but they can't be saying that without reason to, can they? What? No? Would you like to meet my lawyer?
(Asiae)
And one funny pic from Official Website:

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 11th, '10, 10:16

Thanks Ethlenn :lol

Is the right picture at first row really Hyun Bin and not Ha Ji Won? He looks so much her when he's having that girly look. (not in the last pics hehe)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 11th, '10, 10:37

Yep, That's really Hyun Bin. One fan made it and now this picture is famous on korean websites.
And since the interview about the switch is too long to post it here, I edited it neatly and posted it here.
Enjoy! :whistling:

BTW
did I read "a romantic relationship between Oska and Sseon"??
And if anyone wants to buy a desk calendar for 2011:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/secret-ga ... /info.html

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 11th, '10, 14:12

I want one calendar! Awwww, why can't I not be a student and afford to order stuff like that? Awww. Hhahahahaa. And pictures of Hyun Bin? AWESOME-in a creepy way, hahahaha.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 11th, '10, 15:50

I'm experiencing a really slow internet connection right now ... and sometimes failure. I'll contact the ISP ... should they not fix it in 10-30 minutes ... then we'll have a delay for Gloria an Secret Garden ... sorry!

Take care! :salut:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 11th, '10, 18:49

Episode 9 was epic. The balance between serious and funny, romantic and plain, all of it. This show is just priceless, in every way.

And on a more shallow note, because I'm me, Mr. Ogre Kamdongnim's shower scene was niiiice. Poor man is so confused by all this. XD

And btw, there is now one thing I think I know how it will go, but not sure with this series.
The elevator thing. See, in any kdrama where this obstacle has been presented, we'd probably get a scene that would show the lead overcome it.
So, if things go in a more cliche way, next time they find themselves like this, he'll be desperate enough to enter the elevator and give her the kiss.
But with this drama, the joy is not knowing. So, I'm very curious to see if we will have such a scene or if they'll avoid this predictability. I'd love it either way.

Jisa

Post by Jisa » Dec 11th, '10, 22:10

mod edit: No DDL for dramas here. Read the rules first.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_70292.htm

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 11th, '10, 22:22

I desperately need 9th episodes subs but they aren't out... Dang.

I can't wait for last 3 episodes of Fugitive too.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 14:33

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: my internet connection failed 2 times in 10 minutes. - and the ISP doesn't

If, just if, by 18:00GMT, Gloria 36 and Secret Garden 10 are not out yet ... I'm begging one of my fellow uploaders to take over.

Thanks! :cheers: :salut:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 12th, '10, 15:11

I'm gonna upload HD for 9 in about 15 min.

If nobody else is available, I can put that on hold later and seed the normal avi for ep10 first (though my speed isnt half as good as yours . . . Just lemme know here, ok?

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 15:29

arakira wrote:I'm gonna upload HD for 9 in about 15 min.

If nobody else is available, I can put that on hold later and seed the normal avi for ep10 first (though my speed isnt half as good as yours . . . Just lemme know here, ok?
No problems after that ... waiting for the torrent files to show up. :salut: Thanks!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 12th, '10, 15:37

Ara-chwan, I can help with 9 too. I'll be on stand by. ^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '10, 15:55

arakira wrote:I'm gonna upload HD for 9 in about 15 min.

I will help seeding both version. count me in. 8)

So, i just finished watching ep9 and now i am wondering, what was he the whole reason behind the body swap? both RI and JW are like before and have not changed even a little bit after the body swap. the only thing that was important
was for JW to find out about his mother and her plans behind his back to scare off any potential love interest that does not match with JW's status/education/family background...

and it is so fun to watch that whole family from granddad to his daughters and their sons have no sense of fashion what so ever when they are so rich. JW's mother keep amazes me with her choice of clothing. that pink dress in ep8 :scratch: :| :| :|
anyway, coming back to the story
by end of SG, i want to see 3 things to happen:

for JW to get together with RI
and have total change of attitude even though i am liking his snobby/arrogant /selfish/inconsiderate self (but let's just face it, you won't like such a person in normal life)

for the director (who is getting hotter and hotter by each eps in my eyes) to get together with JW's sister (because i just love the sparks that started between them and they totally match each other in ways that i have no idea about but are so cute as couple :mrgreen: )

for Oska and YS NOT to get together.
i know i am being horrible here but i totally hate YS character in here and if it was a way for me watching each ep and FFing her scene without missing on the whole story, believe me i would have done it. and I think Oska will be alright without her too. it did not bothered him much when she was away for all past years.

and please please please, clear this silly misunderstanding of RI's friend about JW. because it has started to get on my nerve and we don't need any other side story that may complicate things more. we have enough to deal with already.

I did not use spoiler tag for my whole post as i did not think it was needed. but if anyone think so, please let me know and i edit my post.
can't wait for ep10

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 16:30

Hi!

Sadly for us ... my internet connection is, right now, comparable to a dial-up connection ... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: .. that being said ... I'm trying ... but it is just not helping me :pale:

Sorry :sorry: ... unless a fellow uploader takes over for this week's episodes (Gloria 36 and Secret Garden 10) ... I will upload them tomorrow (~18:00 GMT).

Thanks and take care! :cheers: :salut:

~

If needed, I can provide the intel for the 1 post :) ~ quote a previous episode and edit

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 12th, '10, 16:56

I'll upload and hope for co-seeders :mrgreen:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 17:55

arakira wrote:I'll upload and hope for co-seeders :mrgreen:
I did too ... we've dealt with the situation
Last edited by s3xs1 on Dec 12th, '10, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '10, 18:01

s3xs1 wrote:
I did too ... man ...
seeding too :P

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 12th, '10, 18:10

s3xs1 wrote:
I did too ... man ...
and now? Do you know how to delete a torrent here? Or should we just leave it as it is?

LOL :rofl:

Oh well, I'm so in love with this drama, now I can watch it while waiting for the HD and then rewatch on the bigger screen with subs :wub:

EDIT: how did you delete it? Might come handy to know how to do it ;)

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 18:35

arakira wrote:EDIT: how did you delete it? Might come handy to know how to do it ;)
When you access the dedicated page of the release ... in the upper-left part of the screen there is an edit button. NEXT TO IT IS AN "X" ... HIT THAT AND CONFIRM THE DELETE!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 12th, '10, 19:04

s3xs1 wrote:
arakira wrote:EDIT: how did you delete it? Might come handy to know how to do it ;)
When you access the dedicated page of the release ... in the upper-left part of the screen there is an edit button. NEXT TO IT IS AN "X" ... HIT THAT AND CONFIRM THE DELETE!
LOOOOL, so easy! Thanks for letting me know :rofl: :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 12th, '10, 19:23

Or I will take care of deleting the whole topic. Because even after removing the torrent, the thread still remains.
:salut:

My connection sucks... :cry:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 12th, '10, 19:50

Ethlenn wrote:Or I will take care of deleting the whole topic. Because even after removing the torrent, the thread still remains.

My connection sucks... :cry:
Sorry ... I didn't knew that. Please delete that dead link ... I don't want to confuse anyone ... hope they've seen the link posted by our kindly arakira!

Take care! :cheers: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 14th, '10, 19:36

I took care of that.

Issy, you changed your sigi... how come (the lazy) Oh Jiho is not on it anymore??
But I will be nice from now on, why do you hate me so? You plotted my demise? :cry:

On the happy, less creepy note:
김범수-나타나(시크릿가든O.S.T.).MP4 - Kim Beomsu - Natana (SG OST MV)
Have fun...

Ori, et tu Brutus contra me?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 14th, '10, 19:41

Issy, nice new siggi :wub: ...are you trying to shoo ecchan away???

and you know...that man is busy with me and Ori already :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 14th, '10, 19:44

Yes... you all hate me...
Oh well *shrugs* nothing new... 2010 hates me too...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 14th, '10, 19:48

Nah, don't worry, I won't make a KDW siggi, too.

And you can feel safe till end of 2012, no??

Thanks for the MV!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 14th, '10, 20:01

No, ladies, YOU can feel safe till the middle of 2012. The world may feel safe till the middle of 2012... After it I will, I will... Muahahaaa!!

OK, no problem. if I find anything else, I post it immediately.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 14th, '10, 20:50

My own avatar and signature will be out later. And now me and Issy have a duel of our own. And if Ara is serious about him as well, we have to fight her too.
I'm a one-man lady and if he creeps in my heart, I'll have to fight you, women! How about a pillow or half-naked mud fight though? We can make some money too.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Dec 14th, '10, 20:58

I like this show that much, that I have to stop and comment on every scene. I lacked doing it on early episodes, but now I have to. Beware Spoilers if you haven't seen up to 10.

http://archaenoncaps.tumblr.com/tagged/dramas

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 14th, '10, 21:55

I've fallen behind on the commenting too. Have to make a huge post about all that's happened. XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 14th, '10, 23:38

sorry E-chan (welcome back btw) for disturbing you but yes, me and ori were involved in our duel since last time and this guy kept us on our toes. and now to know Ara-chan is joining the fight over KDW? well, the more the merrier. but i am sad that we can't see him till 2012. only god knows what the future holds for us till then.

as for SG, are the subs are out for ep 9 and 10 yet? i enjoyed ep9 much more than ep10 but it seems that RI i having one more admirer added to the list. even though it started as pretend but it seems like they writing it to get for real. :whistling:

ps. OJH is still my man. but i just decided to refresh my sigi from now on depending on my most recent mood and crushes. plus, OJH is still on his looooooooooooong break after Chuno :unsure:

Helanite

Post by Helanite » Dec 14th, '10, 23:52

Issy! what are those pictures from that you have displayed on your post? the guy looks like some mighty nice eye-candy!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 14th, '10, 23:58

Helanite wrote: Issy! what are those pictures from that you have displayed on your post? the guy looks like some mighty nice eye-candy!
:lol You mean my sigi? it's from latest obsession the movie Duelist.

and yessss, I do think he is one mighty eye-candy. sorry E-chan :P
Last edited by Issy on Dec 15th, '10, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 15th, '10, 00:01

Helanite, the pictures are from duelist.

Issy, I had a crush on this guy for quite some time now, but don't worry, I'm not gonna claim him...you can fight this one out with Ori-rin :P
OJH, guess Namja Kimchee is keeping him busy... :scratch:

According to the manager at viki, subs for 9 will get out tomorrow morning Califonia time.
10 will take a bit longer I guess.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 15th, '10, 00:03

Ori is about to make her own avatar and siggi set. Not to mention her "marriage".
Do I have to kill Issy-kins now if I want him? Damn... I kinda liked her too... :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '10, 00:06

Ara-chan, you know that i have no problem sharing or fighting over my guys. right? so i don't mind. I started my crush on after watching his Jeon Woo Chi movie. but Duelist movie sealed the deal. he is one to keep. :P

Thanks for subs update. we will wait patiently then. :goggle:

:mrgreen:

ori-chan, "do or die" dear. :lol you know what it means. right? :whistling:

ps. maaan, i am in love with my own sigi. :roll shame on me. :whistling:
Last edited by Issy on Dec 15th, '10, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 15th, '10, 00:09

If that's how you want it, love. I haven't had a proper crush since the Princess last December. I won't let this one go. Especially when I can't have anyone else! :roll
And here's my new set, which I still need to improve a bit. Now, if only Issy-kins would let me be happily married. XD S'okay. I can wait... :roll I'll wait 2 years anyway.

Ecchan, cover your eyes, child!!! Don't look! Avoid the horror! I swear though, how can any woman find him more creepy than sexy in Duelist? I just don't get that, my love. :P
Then again, women find Ji Sub and Hyun Bin sexy, but I don't. *hides* We are weird creatures, humans... Ok, maybe it's time for sleep and SG therapy later today. Need it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 15th, '10, 06:16

Even Mishil wouldn't come up with such subterfuge... :glare:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 15th, '10, 06:43

Issy wrote:sorry E-chan (welcome back btw) for disturbing you but yes, me and ori were involved in our duel since last time and this guy kept us on our toes. and now to know Ara-chan is joining the fight over KDW? well, the more the merrier. but i am sad that we can't see him till 2012. only god knows what the future holds for us till then.

as for SG, are the subs are out for ep 9 and 10 yet? i enjoyed ep9 much more than ep10 but it seems that RI i having one more admirer added to the list. even though it started as pretend but it seems like they writing it to get for real. :whistling:

ps. OJH is still my man. but i just decided to refresh my sigi from now on depending on my most recent mood and crushes. plus, OJH is still on his looooooooooooong break after Chuno :unsure:
The ones for episode 9 are out! ... & posted in the 1 post of that episode's release :cheers:

Take care!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Dec 15th, '10, 09:13

Issy wrote: ps. OJH is still my man. but i just decided to refresh my sigi from now on depending on my most recent mood and crushes. plus, OJH is still on his looooooooooooong break after Chuno :unsure:
Oh! I was sure he was mine :D I had him first *points to avatar*
He's been mine since 2002 .

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '10, 09:28

@Archaenon
Can't argue with this fact dear. Not the "he was mine" bit of course. As I said, he's still is my man but I go through stages of sudden crush and obsession when I discover a new amazing talent that I did not know about. That's why I decided that my sigi will be refreshed accordingly. And as I said, our OJH is very busy with his business at the moment. The guy needs to keep me on my toes. But if it makes you happy you can call me a traitor. :mrgreen:

Thanks for subs update s3xs1

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 15th, '10, 17:10

Yeah, picspam a bit^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 15th, '10, 17:21

I love those two B&W pictures of Sang Hyun. My favorite part of the decor, actually. :roll

P.S: Damn it! Now even the music from Duelist makes me hot! STOOOP MEEEEEE!!!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '10, 17:47

Orion1986 wrote:I love those two B&W pictures of Sang Hyun. My favorite part of the decor, actually. :roll

P.S: Damn it! Now even the music from Duelist makes me hot! STOOOP MEEEEEE!!!!
You are NOT the only one dear. :P
Last edited by Issy on Dec 16th, '10, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 15th, '10, 17:59

:unsure:
This is what I think what happened during that cold, dark week...

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 16th, '10, 00:58

Ep. 9
I'm getting frustrated with the story. I mean, I love it, and I love th awesome writing and the actors are amazing. But I'm getting frustrated that even though they shared so much, they're still not even on friendly terms. I mean, I totally liked the whole hugging thing at Ra Im's place, and I was hoping that would extend so much more.... but they're fighting again. It's frustrating, but not in a bad way. It's a great story still, and I'm only frustrated because I can't wait till they're nice nice with each other already.

It's like how I felt with Fantasy Couple (Couple or Trouble). I loved it because it was hilarious and I loved the story, but they took a while for them to show any kind of real lovey dovey affection between the two, so it got frustrating.

I also missed the apprentice dude. He's so so so so so cute. Hehehe, I'm a little disappointed that he got just that one scene in this episode. Was hoping for so much more. Hehehehehe. And Oscar's becoming one of my favorite characters definitely. :)

Also hoping for some happiness in poor creepy looking (for me) director's love life, and my Joo Won's sister would provide that. :)
I am still in love with this drama definitely.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 16th, '10, 05:19

Ep. 10
It's almost all hilarious really. I love how he kept coming back to bother Gil Ra Im with all of his compensate me and stuff. The boxers and the constipation was just the funniest thing ever. He's the most eccentric male lead I've ever met. And the kiss with the cream thing, how cute was that? I mean in real life I'd have slapped the guy, and I know she attempted to, but if Hyun Bin suddenly kissed me like that... I'd be like.... woooooah man, is that all you're going to give me? Hahahaha.

With the whole shooting of action scenes, I just kept laughing and laughing at Joo Won. He's such an eccentric idiot that you can't help but want to hug him and slap him all the same time. And come on, drunk director, and drunk Joo Won? How is that not cute? And when they were fighting and fighting over Ra Im, that was just one of the best scenes ever.

As for him saying that in front of his mom, well... I didn't get shocked at all. I'm so used to his weird logic, and sometimes it makes sense to me, that hearing him say that is just so... meh, all good happy things must come to it's end.
Totally loved this episode. Filled with awesomeness almost all the way :)

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 16th, '10, 13:03

Ahh ep 9 and 10. ^^

Episode 9:
Ep 9 was a bit disappointing as everything turned back what it used to be before the switch. Maybe it was just because of the relief after shock, after living in totally different environment for several(?) days, but I was still hoping for more progress.
Though, the hugging scene at the gates was cute. Joo Won was clearly happy to see her face no matter how nagging her voice is. :D It was shame that Joo Won couldn't compete his fear for elevators at the end, as much as he likes Ra Im.
What it comes to Oska, I was disappointed that Tae Ssun was just sleeping over... they didn't even fought! I'm not really yaoi-fangirl, honest! But... I just don't like Seul at all so I hope he ends up with anyone else than her... and Tae Ssun happends to be one cutie. :whistling:
So, I hope Oska's comment about "not having scandals with men" will not be true in future. :P
I also loved that drunken guy sleeping Joo Won's tracksuit on. Oh and Oska socks. I bet he was angry... ^^
Episode 10:
I didn't really understand why Ra Im is so fast turning Joo Won down but she ordered several of same books Joo Won had in his bookself to understand him better. :scratch: Is she just playing hard to get? Because if it was just her pride, she shouldn't be even interested about him.
Anyway Joo Won was so funny following her and asking all those compensations just to see her... and those shiny bling bling boxers... oh my eyes!
I also loved how they finally put Joo Won and directior on the same side when they both followed Ra Im to her home. Finally director wasn't just watching from the side but was doing something silly as well.
I laughed so hard at these two, especially when even Oska came at the morning, took Ra Im and left them blame eachothers. :mrgreen:

Oh btw about the plagitarizing scandal, I thought Oska knew who made that song? But if it was Tae Ssun he would probably have behaved differently? Or do these two share past that we aren't aware of? But how he could forget Tae Ssun... *confused*
Last edited by Viande on Dec 16th, '10, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

hayoon2

Post by hayoon2 » Dec 16th, '10, 13:08

thank you

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '10, 13:19

Have no idea what for...

So, are we all hating Seul, right?
I usually have high tolerance for such characters, but she's just too much. he's hurting too, yet she's playing such a b*tch. But I like one thing in her - she admitted it honestly that she has no romantic interest in Juwon. Usually those girls in dramas at least pretend they're in love with guy.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '10, 13:36

Ethlenn wrote:Have no idea what for...

So, are we all hating Seul, right?
I usually have high tolerance for such characters, but she's just too much. he's hurting too, yet she's playing such a b*tch. But I like one thing in her - she admitted it honestly that she has no romantic interest in Juwon. Usually those girls in dramas at least pretend they're in love with guy.
Yes. I give her that. But still this does not help me with me tolerating her on my screen. She just too much and annoying from ep1 that just her standing makes me angry. Let alone her talking. As I said, for my prefered ending I want her NOT ending up with oska. I love the guy enough not to want him suffer next to her. Plus, I find their previous love story and relationship a bit simple and shallow to make such a big fuss over it at present. Well, some more important stuff might be revealed later so might show the significance about their relation. But I don't think it will change my opinion of her much though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '10, 13:50

Well, yes. I don't quite understand all the fuss. They were together, they broke up in some nasty way without clearing the suspicions first, fine. Deal with it! people are in relationships and sometimes they break off, what's the big deal?
I don't want Oska to end with her neither. He's, overall, despite his behavior, a good guy. Too good for such loud idiot as her.
And one thing: when she was eavesdropping, when she heard Oska telling this other guy that Seul is only a plaything, the guy said she's practically a slut. I wonder if he made it up, or she was a bit of a player.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '10, 14:34

Yes. I was Wondering about that too. And I was thinking if it was not true then she should have been angry about it and has defended herself in one way or another instead of just sinking in sadness. She was not that innocent girl to begin with anyway. Her comfronting that actor about liking oska clearly refelects her personality. There might be some element of truth in what he said.

Ps. I still can't get that " niiiice shat (not shot) ooopppa" that keeps echoing in my ears to stop. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 16th, '10, 15:15

I was wondering that too, it seemed like all she heard was that Oska wasn't serious about him. And besides it was Seul who didn't belive in the two of them. Even though Oska heard that crap about Seul, he still belived in her and proposed her.
Seul didn't even ask if he was serious, she just belived it all. And you know the saying that realtionship is all about trust. She apparently didn't have it so I doubt she really loved him, it was just her pride that got the hit.

Oska should be the one who's angry at her for playing with him when he was honest with her.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 16th, '10, 22:27

Watched 9 and 10 and agree with most of you here, that 9 was rather like the fist couple of episodes. Nothing new really.

Oska had some really good lines that he dished out to Joo Won and made him think! All in all I was not disappointed with 10 as with 9.

And true to his self, Joo Won managed again to be an complete as towards Gil Ra Im in the end after facing is mom.

Nothing new, just his weird logic and...well weirder logic. Sometimes I do think that I get his point of view..but then he does something even more ridiculous and dispels that illusion!

Have you guys seen the SG topic at Viki, there are pics of the Madness that is the tracksuit...seems all of Korea has gone Suited-up!! :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '10, 22:44

Yes, we know about that madness even if we don't follow viki thread. I posted some pics few pages back of it.

And am I the only one that found Ep 09 not boring?
I liked it, and as I said it before, I like Juwon's logic. It's hurtful, yes, but consistent and not as unstable as the one of Seul. She has some really weird logic.

And I hope the kid won't sign up the contract with Seul. I hope!! :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '10, 23:12

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, we know about that madness even if we don't follow viki thread. I posted some pics few pages back of it.

And am I the only one that found Ep 09 not boring?
I liked it, and as I said it before, I like Juwon's logic. It's hurtful, yes, but consistent and not as unstable as the one of Seul. She has some really weird logic.

And I hope the kid won't sign up the contract with Seul. I hope!! :cry:
boring? ep9? :O NO WAY.
as i said before, i loved ep9 much more than ep10. i thought it was much better. it's always a delight for me to get tangled into JW's logic. i enjoy it too much and somehow i accept it with no argument when it comes out of his mouth. :mrgreen:

ps. where is Ori-chan? last time she said she needed some help and got quiet. I'm worried about her. dancing with swords is no joking matter. hope she has not hurt herself. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 16th, '10, 23:26

Ori had a guest today and some work in the morning for this fine day. We watched Duelist AND Jeon Woo Chi. Now we watched some 1% with mom. Dong Won goodness aaaall day! My heart! :faint:
I've watched 9 and 10 and do have some things to talk about, but I've just been a bit busy. Gotta make the Ahjusshi subs too. I'll be back in the afternoon with comments on that idiot, Kim Dol Chu. :rofl:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 16th, '10, 23:29, edited 3 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '10, 23:27

Ahaha!! That was a funny name for a caller, ddol chu, ahahaha!!

And I liked how he recorded the voice to the Smurf, hehe. :lol Priceless...
But I wonder
he added "Coward" on the map that Raim draw. Is he getting some self-consciousness? What will he do with it. He knows he's acting cowardly now. Perhaps the "War of the Testosterones" will bring him more forward? I don't know. I just follow this drama.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 17th, '10, 00:30

Ethlenn,
Small PM headed your way
Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 17th, '10, 14:02

Wow, Peggy, that was a punch...

If anyone wants another bunch of pictures, they're under my sigi^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 17th, '10, 16:59

Ethlenn.
Yes well it shook me. I decided I would not want to read the book. I rather like my own bubble and I dont' want to burst it. But it was a glaring arrangement of words.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 18th, '10, 02:19

I feel Seul & Oska go hand in hand. They're both liars and full of pride. They're not honest with themselves nor with each other. Both have shielded themselves against love: He's decided to become a "player", while she's decided to view marriage as a business.
Myxale wrote:Watched 9 and 10 and agree with most of you here, that 9 was rather like the fist couple of episodes. Nothing new really.
Yeah, it felt like the souls returning was premature. Neither character had changed, so they went through all their troubles for nothing. :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 18th, '10, 12:46

I actually beg to differ. With the switching that happened, they had to co-operate. They talk to each other more now and take more liberties. The changes were small but important.

You have to remember, he's the kind of guy who couldn't even have a beer with her because she had a messed up bag. At least now he tries to participate in her life a little more.
And Ra Im couldn't be near him without being either angry or sad, not to mention the sexual tention. She's more confident with everyone now, not just polite or defensive anymore.

They may not be huge changes, but people in real life rarely change as radically as they do in drama and even seemingly small changes can have a pretty big impact if crucial.
Kim Dol Chu has, in the tiniest amount, broken out of his own sick logic and now starts to actually feel the burn. He's heard insults before, but they now seem to actually hurt him.
And that's a very big step for this character. That he's starting to see how things really are and realize that his own logic might not be the logic that everyone else has as well.

I think the actors are doing an amazing job as showing the change and in very subtle ways. Dol Chu is softer now somehow. His looks, his whole body language is softer.
And Ra Im is acting more like a woman and less like a burly 18-wheeler driver. She's also more confident with him and also more interested in his world than just shunning it.

I actually love the fact that the changes weren't huge. Huge changes are often just a reaction to the crisis and quick to fade away because they are superficial and extreme.
But a tiny change in the way people perceive of themselves, of others and of situations can be permanent and only lead towards better and bigger changes in chain reaction.
Those tiny changes we see right now can be a single seed for a whole secret garden (heh) of improvements in the future. The characters learn and evolve and that's great.

So, comments on the episodes now...

First of all, let's go to Seul. Yes. She's a pathetic idiot. A lot of people get hurt, but they don't go all out to annoy the person that hurt them and I don't see Oska being a b*tch.
I think this whole song thing was good for her, if she learns from it. She got what she worked for. He finds her a monster who'd stoop as low as possible to get back at him.
I don't think Oska is a hypocrite at all though. He just adjusts depending on the person facing him. He responds to honesty with honesty and deceit with deceit. He's pure.

But I honestly hope they don't get back together. Oska did say something bad back then, but she didn't even consider why he said that and to whom. You don't go postal like that.
And Oska is not the kind of man to forgive dishonesty and lack of trust that easily. Not from the people he was honest to and showed his true self and feelings to. I don't think.

As for the "let's make Oska gay" thing, I wouldn't like it. It would just be an easy way to give Oska someone to like and it would feel like too much of a "meat market" thing.
And no matter what they throw in as fanservice or just to be bold, I don't think the writer would ever do that either. It's disrespectful to the characters to just pair them all up.
Now, one person that annoys me a bit, which I loved before, is Ah Young. It's fine to be flattered by a rich dude you think likes you and all, but his ASSISTANT IS YOUR MAN!!! :cussing:
If you're going to be eyeing another guy, at least have the decency to tell the man that's been digging you for 5 damn years that you might not be that into him as a man or lover.
If you hurt that cute, adorable, handsome and kind Mr. Secretary and bring tears to his beautiful hazel eyes, I'm gonna get my Hellhounds and chase you to the ends of the World!

And let's not forget Mr. Ogre Kamdongnim. Isn't he just adorable? Aww. He was so fun when drunk! Priceless scenes btw. Hyun Bin and Philip were just awesome like that.
I think Ra Im's change and the fact she told him to ignore her temporary insanity, made him think she might be unstable because she likes him and doesn't know how to react.
Although Oska seems to be the only real rival in this whole thing, it's nice that the tall, dark and handsome kamdongnim is also there to put some fear in Kim Dol Chu's heart.

As for Oska and Ra Im, well, I'm glad things do slightly lean towards the romantic. Out of all the people in their lives right now, they are the only ones honest and open with each other.
I don't think they really do dig each other in a romantic sense, but when you appreciate and love someone as a human being, it's easy to mistake that for romantic feelings and all.
I think this will not only make Joo Won more scared of losing her, but it's also nice that she has someone to protect her from all this suffering she might have to endure soon enough.
And it's nice for Oska that someone closer to him than just another fan is trusting him and understanding him. She accepts him as a person, with all his faults and that must feel nice.
And she's not like his other fans who are just forgiving because he's an idol. By now, she's a friend of his and it's harder to accept such things when they are"closer to home" like that.

Concerning our main topic, Dol Chu and Ra Im, I like how things are going... Somewhat. She can now inflict pain upon him with her reactions and words. Couldn't do it much before.
And if she can hurt him when she's hurt or mad, then I hope she hurts him badly so he can start thinking more and more about what she is like that and what he's doing wrong in this.

I also like that he's now realizing he's not just studying or playing, but falling in love. Now, if only he can stop worrying about his mom, The Devil, and get a life of his damn own.

Urgh... Tired. Too big of a post.. Must rest now... I still have half of Ahjusshi to correct... XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '10, 14:30

I also said in my previous post that I did not see the point of switching after they got back to their bodies but on second watch with subs I have to agree with Ori-chan here. There were lots of small changes that could be seen in both RI and JW.
Still have not seen ep 10 with subs but I have to say I am now feel tiny little sympathy with Seul in term of her wanting Oska back. But still, don't wish for these two to end up together for reasons Ori-chan mentioned.
Oska is my favourite guy after JW and I do believe he is totally a good guy with much purer heart than JW.
Recently I have been getting lots and lots of palpitations. I am blaming Hyun Bin and sad eyes guy for it. :mrgreen:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 18th, '10, 16:21

Hi!

Episode 11 acquired. The problem is that I can't upload into the database ... annoying error. I will restart and try again.

If in 10 minutes I still can't upload it on my account ... I will let a team member upload the torrent file and I will be the seeder /// at least the 1 of them!

Take care! :cheers: :salut:

~ L.E. : Thanks, co-seeders! :wub:
Last edited by s3xs1 on Dec 18th, '10, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 18th, '10, 17:40

I think I'm going crazy... Did they mention Won Bin again? Ahahaha! Not to mention I heard "Kang Dong Won" in there, but I'm SURE that's just my crazy mind... I need therapy...

As much as I'm curious about all that was said in the episode, I'm really curious about what he said when he was out with Ah Young and his assistant. What the heck did he do?
The poor boy's face was priceless! I swear, he must have said some pretty shocking things for his assistant to look that shocked. He was sweating and everything! Ahaha! Poor boy!

P.S: s3xs1, I'm helping with the seeding. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '10, 17:57

I will go on war against Juwon if he hurts my idiot.

And please, not Mr. Creepy. I can't take anymore, no, pweeeze...
*sobbing in the darkest corner of her 25 sq meters flat, after emptying the whole bottle of gin* I know, the world hates me. But this is just too much... :cry:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 19th, '10, 13:20

Hehe I just enjoy this series without thinking too much about it but I love to read your thoughts and insights.
Ori you practically summed it all up. Though I have to say I am wondering about Seul. What we've seen isn't enough of a reason to act that way, I wonder whether that other guy's told her more lies to make her come with him?! If not, I really really hope Oska'll wake up and just brush her off.
I like the teasing between the music kid and him but I'd never want them to start anything. Just keep it the way it is^^

Hehe and I'm starting to get used to the ogre, he's not half as scary as he used to be for me...poor sad beast! Hope he'll get to devour JW's sister :P

Ecchan, come here, I got another bottle and I won't scary you with any creepy guy XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '10, 15:29

I start to not trust anyone. I was stabbed in the back so damn hard... by all I trusted the most, by my fellow Thorns...
But you know I'm eas... uhmm... eager for an alcohol, so I'm packing my suitcase!

Oska albums covers:
They created the fully operational fantasy world. I'm impressed.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Dec 19th, '10, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 19th, '10, 15:34

Ethlenn wrote:I start to not trust anyone. I was stabbed in the back so damn hard...
But you know I'm eas... uhmm... eager for an alcohol, so I'm packing my suitcase!

I have a surprise, wait...
awwwww, poor E-chan. may I ask by who? :whistling:

Suprise??? gimme gimee gimme :mrgreen: