Post by The Chaos » Feb 15th, '11, 17:14

Title: 마이더스 / Midas
Genre: Business, romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2011-Feb-22 to 2011- May -03
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Story
A drama about takeovers between companies in the Korean stocks. (HanCinema)

Cast
Jang Hyuk as Kim Do Hyun
Lee Min Jung as Lee Jung Yun
Kim Hee Ae as Yoo In Hye
No Min Woo as Yoo Myung Joon
Jung Suk Won as Jae Bum
Lee Duk Hwa
Seo Joo Ae (서주애) as Soo Ji
Kim Sung Oh as Kim Do Chul
Kim Sung Kyum as Yoo Pil Sang
Chun Ho Jin
Yeo Ho Min

trailer : here

Subtitle group : Possible future project by WITHS2
Last edited by The Chaos on Apr 20th, '11, 11:35, edited 4 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 15th, '11, 17:20

Reminds of Hyun Bin in Secret Garden. :P Thanks for making a thread. I am really looking forward to watching it. I need something decent with good acting. I know i get that with JH. not so sure about the story. but i am building high expectations for it from now. hope it does not disappoint. :mrgreen:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 15th, '11, 17:31

No problem ~ I'm looking forward to watching it too :D

+ updated the first post with the trailer link and the Subtitle group ^^

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 15th, '11, 23:59

Doesn't sound interesting, but Lee Min Jung is in it so I'll be watching. :roll

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 17th, '11, 17:28

Midas premiere has been moved up to the 22nd , yeah just one week to watch the first ep, I can't wait for that T_T !

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 18th, '11, 19:22

Some photos ...
I didnt like his acting in MGIAG but I hope hell do much better in Midas , he must anyway :x

:wub: Image

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 18th, '11, 19:26

Sham26 wrote:Midas premiere has been moved up to the 22nd , yeah just one week to watch the first ep, I can't wait for that T_T !
Thanks for Info ^^

so no special for Athena :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 18th, '11, 19:48

Hmm, no high expectations for NMW anyway.
The fact is, it's not the typical plot in the dramas. I hope it won't disappoint.

And just to add: Sham26, I know one lady who will love your new ava^^
And I love The Chaos chan yours^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Feb 18th, '11, 20:02

Yeh, those pics of JJM . . . :wub:
and The Chaos' ava is lovely, too!!

Not sure what to expect from Midas, will try for a certain actor, too. Glad that WithS2's picked it up!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 18th, '11, 20:55

Ethlenn wrote:And just to add: Sham26, I know one lady who will love your new ava^^
Yeah here she come :D . arakira where have u been , hope ur doing well : )
About the drama yeah ,I agree with u Ethlenn but I trying to be more optimistic , and SBS is putting so much faith in Midas so Im just gonna wait & see !
Yeah , The Chaos , ur ava is so funny , I love it three :lol !

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 19th, '11, 03:21

Nice dress and all, but what's with the facial expression? :lol

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 23rd, '11, 06:47

It looks like long version of Wall Street with romance twist (hm...)> Nothing better to watch (except President) and I loved Wall Street. Those maniulations :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 23rd, '11, 15:39

Oh, the first episode was good!! I'm staying with this drama, oh damn, it was good! :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 23rd, '11, 21:09

I am still marching through 'The President'. It is getting a bit too twisted in the plot lines at the moment. they are dragging too many family secrets and making things very murkey.

It does not look as though 'Midas' will be coming my way any time soon. It sounds interesting and the photos of Chuno Man are ravishing. I really like seeing him in modern dress and looking clean and handsome. Not sure of the leading lady. Her acting ability is not up to his standard quite but maybe she is just supposed to look pretty.
I may have to find this online later.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 24th, '11, 00:50

Peggy wrote:Her acting ability is not up to his standard quite but maybe she is just supposed to look pretty.
Unless Jang Hyuk improved and did some spectacular acting in Chuno (which I didn't see). I think Lee Min Jung is up to "his standard." :roll

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 24th, '11, 04:13

jav_sol..

You are so totally right and I am way off the mark. I was thinking about a totally different actress who shall be nameless at the moment!!

I re think this and agree that this twosome will be hot. I like this actress very much but I was mistaking her for someone else. me culpa.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 9th, '11, 13:58

I'm 3 eps into this...and so far the best thing was that Kim Sung Oh appeared as a surprise for me cause I hadn't noticed he was in this . . . Gotta love these stupid faces he usually draws :D

Apart from that, I can't say much about the drama itself yet. First eps introduced chara's in a decent way, cast is fine, story built up some tension, obligatory shower scene etc but somehow i have a bad feeling that this might turn out as wrong as Bad Guy did...keeping my fingers crossed that it won't^^

Maybe I'm weird, but I only dig Jang with short hair à la thank you or long and dishevelled...this "normal" attorney look just doesn't do it for me :lol:
Oh but therefore this is the first time i thought ah, Minwu is kinda cute - and so is In Hye's secretary...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 14th, '11, 13:52

Yeah Kim Sung Oh , surprised me too but while watching "Sign" & "Jejoongwon" , He 's v.skilled , Im liking him more and more <3 !
About "Midas" , I think Im gonna stop watching it , it didnt impress me , It was kinda boring , I mean I love Jang Hyuk ...but that drama is not for me !

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Mar 16th, '11, 08:39

I have only watch the first 4 episodes and i'm loving it so far.
I only started to watch because i love smile you,which Lee Min Jung is in.
I hope Jung Yun will end up with Myung Joon.

lolmark

Post by lolmark » Mar 25th, '11, 23:06

I just completed the 3rd episode of Midas. I really didn't enjoy the seemingly story arc with the father, but the ending to the episode was pretty satisfying.

I'll definitely finish this show. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 12:14

I just finished Ep 6, and still no answer about Dohyeon's accident. Was it explained later? Or was it just a plot devise to not let them get married?
Catching up with all my might, I hope I can get 2 more eps today.
But as for now, I have to say I really despise Yu Seong Jun. This guy has no human trait.
Plus, I think Inhye is slowly realizing she's created the monster. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '11, 13:21

my bet is on the plot for him not getting married on that day. still, it is a bit hard to believe that he walked away from that horrible accident with only simple scars. :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 19:41

Comparing to the accident in 49 Days, where girl ends up in a coma with brain dead... yeah.
But truth be told, this accident in Midas just took me by surprise. Due to my policy, I don't read recaps or don't watch screencaps, so I was totally unprepared for that. The hit just "hit me". Such out of the blue.

Only Minwu is for looking at now. I don't complain, the guy is trying really hard, and he's pretty like a heavenly being, but well... :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 21:54

Only Minwu is for looking at now. I don't complain, the guy is trying really hard, and he's pretty like a heavenly being, but well...

:lol
But he is really trying hard and he improved from MGIG. For looks department nothing to say, the guy should not look so good, I lost, he can just sit I will be still watching!

I walk out from Midas, I prefer to watch dramas like that as marthon but after checking last episode I surrender and I'm back..

It's plot and something more from what I remember :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:06

Ethlenn wrote:Comparing to the accident in 49 Days, where girl ends up in a coma with brain dead... yeah.
But truth be told, this accident in Midas just took me by surprise. Due to my policy, I don't read recaps or don't watch screencaps, so I was totally unprepared for that. The hit just "hit me". Such out of the blue.

Only Minwu is for looking at now. I don't complain, the guy is trying really hard, and he's pretty like a heavenly being, but well... :whistling:
yeah, I had to rewind and see what just happened and if i was imagining stuff or not. :blink

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 20:52

OK, I'm a stupid girl and I need some explanation like for 5 yo kid.
What is slush fund?
What is hedge fund?
And now something more complex. I know Lone Asia wanted to take over Han Young Bank. In order to do that Lone Korea was created as the shadow company. But what's the point in ruining the bank? Why you need a bank that went bancrupt? What more can you do that with it? The name of such organization will be tainted anyway.
I'm sorry if those are stupid questions, but I really can't understand those. Especially with the last problem.
Ara, help?? :cry:

Plus, I'm just after ep 9. Still 4 more to go, but at this point, I really can't get Myeong Jun motives. He has not much time to live, OK, but his point is somewhat unclear. He wants to shake his sister from her greed for power, but at what cost? He has to realize that it may result in someone's death/ruin. Moreover, maybe this whole revenge plan he so precisely explained, is just to get Jung Yeon?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 6th, '11, 02:03

Ok...lemme try

a slush fund originally is a reserve fund (some money put aside for whatever) but it is often heatd in regard to corruption, when used for bribery

a hedge fund is a private investment fund (rich bastards giving money to an investment manager who promises high profits). HF usually consist of a wide portfolio incluing shares, equities etc.
They are known for their aggressive strategies and profit orientation, like in the drama: buy outs of companies which are in financial difficulties/bankrupt and reselling them in parts and liquidating the unprofitable branches (Funnily...hedge means minimizing risks...but if you wanna go into detail, let's do it in the chat)

About ruining the bank. If you ruin a bank's reputation, the price for its shares will rapidly decline, they'll lose credibility and assets (investors will draw their money out) and thus you'll be able to buy it. Otherwise they wouldn't think about selling AND it would be too expensive.

They didn't want the bank cause they needed a bank or wanted to get into that kind of business, instead, they were after the shares of other companies that are in the bank's posession.
Because this particular bank is a major shareholder of some companies (can't remember which atm), gaining control over the bank means gaining control over these companies according to the percentage of shares held by the bank.

Ok dear, it is 3:30 here and i'm not exactly sober...big chance this doesn't make any sence whatsoever...will try again tomorrow :lol

Btw, I'm also at ep 10...so far I guess he really thinks he can teach his sister a lesson and forcing her (by making her plans fail) to think about what she's getting for what price in her life, by just focussing on economic success...I mean he doesn't have much time left...he must have reflected about life and its purpose etc...Sure he does want the girl, but he also is aware that he can't give her anything but painful memories . . .

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '11, 04:36

Thanks, dear, I knew I was asking the right person^^

Hm, I forgot about the shares, true... so this was the main aim of the whole operation...
And yes. I'd like to go someplace else to discuss the hedge funds, cause even though I get the basics, the engine of it is still somewhat unclear. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 16th, '11, 20:18

See, those things Dohyeon and his team are planning are so coldly precise. I'm glad I'm not their enemy.
Soon, I will catch up with Ep 14 and 15^^

So, Midas got the extension, right? 18 episodes. Good. :mrgreen:

And I just have to add one thing - I'm annoyed with the older lady's nagging. She's pushing JY so hard toward Dohyeon, repeating like a mantra: "you look so good together", "the best thing for him was meeting you", bla bla bla. From my point of view they don't fit. And I'm not a shipper of JY and MJ, he's a dying man, but she's so different from Dohyeon anyway. People break up, deal with it. This is the reason I liked QoR, they showed that the first love is not always the biggest and last one. If they end up together, I will be disappointed. Dohyeon doesn't deserve such rational, yet empathic girl.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 20th, '11, 11:54

Midas will have 20 ep ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 6th, '11, 16:13

I need suuuuubs!!! I don't have any spare drama to watch waiting for it!

And maybe my view only, but I don't give a rat's as* about Dohyeon and Jeongyeon romance and I find more life (bad pun) in the relationship between her and Myeongjun. I'm more excited about plotting, scheming, crushing, betraying!! Ahaha!!
I'm evil.

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » May 6th, '11, 17:44

Me too DX I'm dying just waiting here for the subs. My fave couple is Myung Jun and Jeong Yeon too and it doesn't help that No Min Woo is so handsome. *sigh* The betrayal was unexpected and now I want In Hye to have a taste of her own medicine.