Official Website

Cast:
Lee Yo Won as Song Yi Kyung
Nam Gyu Ri as Shin Ji Hyun
Jo Hyun Jae as Han Kang
Bae Soo Bin as Kang Min Ho
Jung Il Woo as Scheduler
Seo Ji Hye as Shin In Jung
Choi Jung Woo as Shin Il Shik (Ji Hyun's father)
Yoo Ji In as Ji Hyun's mother
Bae Geu Rin as Park Seo Woo
Son Byung Ho as Oh Hae Won
Moon Hee Kyung as Bang Hwa Joon
Kang Sung Min as No Kyung Bin
Yoon Bong Gil (윤봉길) as Cha Jin Young
Kim Ho Chang as Ki Joon Hee
Jin Ye Sol as Ma Soon Jung
Lee Jong Min (이종민) as Go Mi Jin

Plot A young woman named Ji Hyun was enjoying absolute bliss as she was about to be married with her fiancé, but her perfect life is shattered in a car accident that left her in a coma. She is given a second chance at life by a reaper, but it comes with a condition: she has to find three people outside of her family who would cry genuine tears for her. In order to do this, she borrows the body of Yi Kyung, a part-time employee at a convenience store. (dramawiki)

I decided to start this topic and I will update it as soon as I know something. I guess I have a lifelong bound with SBS now. So many great dramas by SBS, so many frustrations.

First stills:
Hankyung news
Asia Today
Last edited by Ethlenn on Apr 17th, '11, 14:38, edited 3 times in total.

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 18th, '11, 23:07

The plot sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it. ^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 18th, '11, 23:36

Yeah ,FINALLY , Thank u Ethlenn : ) , looking forward to see your posts about it !

aility

Post by aility » Feb 21st, '11, 09:01

This sounds interesting... although the soul-switching thingie, meeh... SG after-taste :P

Do you know if they plan to make it a rom-com, or more deeper, dark thingie? I'm back on my fluff period again ;)

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 21st, '11, 09:10

the plot is interesting ..I'll be checking out this too ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '11, 13:39

Aili, it's not soul-switching but possessing. Completely different stories.
I'm actually really anticipating this.
But the writers were involved in Shining Inheritance so it indicates stupidity and Prosecutor Princess so it indicates at least decent plot.

I don't know what genre to expect. :blink

aility

Post by aility » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:19

hmm... possessing can indeed be more interesting and fun. There is this other drama called "Who are you" which is also about possessing, and I plan to see that one at a certain point, ehm...

If those are the writers, I guess we can expect something drama/romcom/buckets of tears? :P

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Feb 22nd, '11, 19:09

Dunno why but somehow this setting feels oddly familiar...does anybody know if there is a Japanese anime or movie with a similar plot of somebody who gets a second chance if he can find somebody who'd shed honest tears for him??

And anyway, I think it's an interesting premisse...looking forward to check this one out

aility

Post by aility » Feb 22nd, '11, 19:20

hmm.... I think such a story/movie/anime etc exists now that you mention it. I just cannot remember which one. My brain has been malfunctioning lately, so... =P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 22nd, '11, 19:22

Hmm... I'll consider this. Seems childish, though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 23rd, '11, 13:14

I believe there was a Brothers Grimm tale about it, I just can't pin it down. Or I may be wrong.
But similar motif is also in King Lear by Shakespeare.

And in Asian (buddhist) world the soul of the dead is still in this world for 49 days and leaves 50 days after the death. Hence the title.
If anyone saw any family drama with funeral rites or Windstruck, this was there.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Feb 23rd, '11, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 23rd, '11, 13:22

I'll wait till this one is over before I watch it. When death is involved as such a main part of the plot, I don't trust a good ending and I'm even less forgiving of tragic endings in series than in movies.

Also, until I'm sure this is half decent, I won't touch it anyway since I hated Shining Inheritance and didn't even bother watching more than 2 episodes of Prosecutor Princess. We'll see. Hope it's good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '11, 14:43

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 27th, '11, 15:02

Finally a teaser !But it really didnt add anything :( :( !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 28th, '11, 16:55

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 28th, '11, 17:18

One of those actresses looks like the one in 'Bad Love' It was a long drawn out drama and she was horribly boring throughout.
But...it has a hook if Bae Su Bin is in a decent role.

aility

Post by aility » Mar 1st, '11, 09:17

Bae Su bin is as usual doing the second lead role though... and this is the come-back drama of Jo Hyun Jae after getting released from the army.

Lee Yo Won was indeed in Bad Love, but she is more known as Qeen SeonDeok along our beloved Kim Nam Gil ^^

Not to mention the younger girl was in "Life is Beautiful", albeit a little bit annoying but tolerable...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 1st, '11, 10:30

Bae Subin was in last year's KBS2 Special Hurry And Tell Me along Kim Kyuri, and it was a leading role, keke...
There is also Jeong Ilwu who was in Return of Iljimae and Take Care of Young Lady.
The cast looks good. I wasn't impressed by Lee Yowon as QSD, but maybe she can redeem herself. :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 1st, '11, 17:18

Teasers were a bit disappointing, not really telling anything about the series but I think I will check the first episode anyway.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 4th, '11, 23:29

Yeah Lee Yo Won was in bad love, she didnt impress me or may be that drama wasnt for me since I watched just a few episodes, but she was really good in Surgeon Bong Dalhee, anyway lets wait and see !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '11, 23:36

SBS launched drama website already, I took some pics from it and uploaded on the blog, if anyone is interested.

Any news on music for this drama? It's unusually quiet in this matter.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 5th, '11, 01:41

Another Teaser
BTW the photos are so beautiful
This is my fav
Image :wub:
Hope that drama won't disappoint me ( fingers crossed )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 5th, '11, 13:23

Oh, thanks for this teaser! It outlined the story a bit.
:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '11, 21:48

Few more new stills.

OK, I'm ready for this drama, keke... :alcoholic:

But the broadcast date is changed: 2011/04/02.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 15th, '11, 18:44

The posters are wicked. So beautiful. I want this. NAO!

It does have "sobbing and lamenting" written all over it, but I hope for a good ending. I mean, she will be struggling to get back to life, so not managing it would suck.
Unless they go for the "Well, only 1 or 2 love me, but their love is enough to make me happy. So I can just die now" ending, which frankly, I wouldn't like. Why, you say?
Because I think love is a reason to live for, not die for. If I were in her shoes, I'd kick Reaper-boy's ass till he let me get back to be with the people who love me after all.

But that's just me. Still, quite looking forward to this. I know it will be melo, but I hope it's good melo and not "let's sob for the sake of sobbing". Those annoying ones.

Here are the posters:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 17th, '11, 03:31

Just a reminder. The date hasn't changed. The first episode aired already. :cheers:

Hope WithS2 does sub this soon. Does Viki even make softsubs anymore?
I have no idea what's been happening there, but things seem to have changed.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Mar 17th, '11, 06:15

Honestly, i'm a bit disappointed with the first episode.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '11, 08:46

Hmm... I liked the first one and it left a nice feeling of some things that might be revealed with time. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 18th, '11, 13:52

Interview with Jeong Ilwu:
On Asiae in English

OSTs:
Part 1
Part 2

Helanite

Post by Helanite » Mar 19th, '11, 15:54

i love this drama so far! it definatly has promse! and its only been 2 episodes so far! i can't wait to see what happens next!
Attachments
49days_93.jpg
49days_93.jpg (71.04 KiB) Viewed 4669 times

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '11, 23:20

Is it only me who thinks
that Kang Minho is a gold-digger? He caught the occasion and was ready to marry the girl, but in the same time having an affair? If it's not an affair then what?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 00:01

Urgh... without softsubs from Viki, things are gonna be tough for me from now on...

Will watch this eventually. It's looking good.

Helanite

Post by Helanite » Mar 20th, '11, 01:15

hey orion1986! if you are desperate like me for softsubs , i know 2 sites that might help lessen the annoyance of waiting! you can try
http://www.jacinda1st.com/
Jacinda is really fast at finding subs from other people! they usually bring out the chinese subs first, and the english subs will more then likely come out a day or 2 after!
and you don't need to sign up with them!

or u can sign up with this site
http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/

Darksmurf is awesome! you can download the subs even when they aren't done! granted when you download them too early, there will be alot of misspells and such, but they usually have the subs done in about 3-4 days after the episode airs! awsome eh?!

hope this helps with the viki thing! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 01:47

Thank you very much. I do know about darksmurf subs, but I have only used them a couple of times so I wasn't sure about the quality. Still, not willing so sign up.
Also, there are no softsubs to be found in the other link. WithS2 will probably sub this as well, so even if we have to wait a while, we'll get softsubs eventually. ^^

Helanite

Post by Helanite » Mar 20th, '11, 02:36

ah! oops! lol sorry! jacinda is just a place you can watch the drama's online, not to download softsubs! my bad! still a good place to go though! :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 20th, '11, 08:52

I stopped watching dramas streaming around Coffee Prince, that is at the very beginning. The quality is bad. And in some dramas there are nice details hidden in the background.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 10:51

Same here. And any ones I started of in Viki cause I couldn't wait, I downloaded right away and watched again.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 20th, '11, 11:54

I tried once , it's hasnt the same taste ! For me downloading participate by 10 % in making me happy ( the episode would do the rest :D ) ! And I have to see µTorrent working if not , then some thing is missing and I don't feel well !!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 21st, '11, 18:13

First two eps were a nice start. Set a good pace and atmosphere and the Scheduler brings in some comedic relief for me. He made me crack up with his air-guitar performance :lol
I agree with you, Ecchan...wonder if he can be anything else than a gold-digger, though I very much hope so for the sake of the originality of this plot.

Still can't stand the singer turned actress girl but well, at least she's trying...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 21st, '11, 21:11

Gold digger may be too simple, I think he has some deeper reason, especially after preview. I foresee some veeery twisted plot here. With everybody connected in some weird typical drama way. Or maybe it is me hoping for something more then looking around for true feeling and being disappointed. I wonder how boyfriend death is part of plot (I bet it is!)?
BTW she should really try to be fast, how long people can cry after you? On the other hand 1,5 month seems a bit long but still almost impossible to catch sombody as it must be in person (a bit difficult, I would say if you are virtually stranger).
For now I wonder about this Scheduler, a little random person to bring around as asian dramas are rather strict in matter of to not put together spirit and human (MGIG I consider exeption here) at the end and still pattern of behevior between them match usuall begin of romance. And there is this owner of restaurant, hmm..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 21st, '11, 21:25

Oh, gumiho is not a spirit, it belongs to the supernatural order, but it's not a spirit in any way.
I think the death of her boyfriend will play some crucial role later.
And to answer the question how long people can cry after you? Just look at Yi Kyeong, she's been in constant mourning for 5 years. So people can cry after someone even for so long, not only like 3 days.

They put so much information in such random places. The drama looks as if they shook the box with puzzles and dropped them on the ground. Now, all is left is just to sort them and make a picture out of them.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 21st, '11, 22:17

OK I should say supernatural beings, as Death Angel is not spirit too. BTW he said he is Scheduler for long time now, this mean he started someway, does it mean you can choose to be one? In this drama universe I mean. Now I think Heaven's Postman/ Yami no Matsuei where person start when he was in coma/ died with unresolved issues. I'd rather hope he is not connected too? It would be too much!
:idea:
here some idea: she colud try to take the job :whistling:

But it's still one person, she needs three, :sorry: for this but in general I agree with Scheduler here, it is very difficult to find true tears, people do not cry for person who died they cry for themself.. sad but mostly true

4 episode rule working - we need more clues

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 08:34

Yes, true. And I really liked the colors of the smoke at the funeral. The tears were vanishing into the smoke, and I liked the concept of the colors of it.

As for Scheduler, maybe he was chosen after his human death? Maybe he had some debt toward "Higher Will" and this is some kind of repaying it?
Somehow the figure of a dead guy on the street in Yi Kyeong's past reminded me of him, but 5 years wouldn't be that long.
Then again, in Otherworld, 5 years may be equal to 500 years. There are lot of legends about it.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 22nd, '11, 13:24

Ethlenn wrote:Is it only me who thinks
that Kang Minho is a gold-digger? He caught the occasion and was ready to marry the girl, but in the same time having an affair? If it's not an affair then what?
I dont really think its an affaire ,I guess they were already dating
-Kang Min Ah & her friend - I mean remember the first time Shin Ji Hyun and her friend were climbing but she dissapeared ? Then the next time they were supposted to watch a movie together there again she didnt come but...anyway, I think everything was planned !!!
:unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 14:10

Well, that makes things even worse, because
as much as I despise having an affair, it is even more despicable to plot such thing. OK, Kang Min Ho might have dated In Jung long before Ji Hyun, fine. But if he did, he shouldn't started dating the latter. Ever. If both of them (Minho and Injung) plotted this, including the mountain climbing incident, that makes them bastards in my eyes. They simply played the naive girl.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 22nd, '11, 14:31

Ethlenn wrote:Well, that makes things even worse, because
as much as I despise having an affair, it is even more despicable to plot such thing. OK, Kang Min Ho might have dated In Jung long before Ji Hyun, fine. But if he did, he shouldn't started dating the latter. Ever. If both of them (Minho and Injung) plotted this, including the mountain climbing incident, that makes them bastards in my eyes. They simply played the naive girl.
Exactly...
I dont think it was fated or a coincidence ...!
This way getting that pure tears won't be a piece of cake !!
Lets just wait and see ! :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 17:14

Part 3 of the OST - 정엽 - 아무일도 없었다

I'm on my way to put some cuts from various shows (3 of them) on the blog, featuring 49 Days cast. Be patient.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 18:20

But it explain their behavior after incident. They are not really sad I think, it more like they are horrified by outcome. I do not think they did it just to earn money from this, there is some case connected to her dad business for sure (they try to save family grounds or something). They took the game too far and it spiraled out of control. Her coma being cherry on the top.
I loved tears concept as well. Very poetic and visualy appealing. And pure one being just transparent... nice!

About time flow difference isn't it usually oposite? Here 100 years, in outerlands just few? Taking under account that supernatural beings do not growth old the case is that when unfortunate (or fortunate depending how you look at it) person come back from visit in Outerland everybody known by him/her is already dead or very old. But of course you can just feel that you do your job for years if you are tired by it (I can symphatize with that, my work is driving me crazy most of the time :crazy: )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 18:37

About the time: Scheduler moves between worlds - the one of humans and the one of spirits. Probably he feels the weight of both of them. The years of human world may accumulate upon him in the same way like the time spent in the Otherworld.
So yes, 1 day in the Netherworld may be equal to 100 years in the human world, but I have 2 thoughts about that.
1. What if the situation here is reversed? What if the time "out there" flows differently?
2. Those figures above tell us only about the duration and not about the "weight" of the time. We all know that sometimes a year is heavier that 10 years. Maybe the surroundings and the air in the Otherworld makes one feel worn out more easily? Not to mention the task. Scheduler waits for a person's death and witnesses it. Then he sends him/her to the elevator. This is a heavy part, no matter how well he got accustomed to it.

And as I promised: Cuts are prepared and ready^^.

And over 40 new pics for the upcoming episodes^^

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:36

maybe there was some kind of punishment involved as well: he so strongly repeat that he does not mix with people.. and he is still so human in his reactions
But this motobike is so classic, next one after horse of course :lol
Thanks for pictures, they really went with colors for death angel here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:37

Oh dear, don't call him Death Angel. He will get pissed, kekeke... :lol

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:49

but Scheduler do not sound so nice, I have this heavy feeling of boring job, like acounter or something.. He will resign from this cool bike I will stop with Angel?
and I like driving people crazy :whistling:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 22nd, '11, 21:00

Ahhhh~ Ilu is so pretty!
I hope there will be subs soon, I have no confidence in my Korean listening skills. :(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 22nd, '11, 21:06

I haven't started the series yet, but I just had to say that no Korean pretty-boy can top THIS Death.
So yeah, I shall call him Death Angel from now on. He should be less boy-band-member otherwise.

Not that I mind pretty Reapers, but I'd want Death himself to have more of a presence on screen.
To command attention and awe. To have charm (not prettiness or sexiness) and lots of charisma.

And I don't mind his looks and age. I mind the fact that he's one of them IKEA chairs. Plain wood.
Eeriness and coldness is not the same as being wooden in acting. In fact, they are tough to do.
And this may indeed be a lighter version of a Reaper, but I'd still want to feel he's a supreme being.

But I haven't watched it yet, so I can only comment what I've seen. Also, if he's A Reaper, we're good.
A lesser Reaper boy can look like a Korean idol. I'm ok with that. But not if he's THE Reaper. Nope.

Also, I don't have much trust in a series that casts a pretty-boy as such a being. It reeks fanservice.
Cause unfortunately, with kdrama, the prettier they are, the shallower the show is. Usually, at least.
In the kinds of kdramas that I've seen. Although sometimes more normal looking casts make crap.
But I'm just whining cause I'm sick. I'm expressing worries. Making it clear, since I'm a "western basher".

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 21:30

Well, we have to clean the misunderstandings here. I'm glad there is no word "Reaper" in it, because it indicates the person oneself does the job.
The boy here is some kind of assisstance to the dying people. He doesn't cause the death, and he doesn't control it either.
Angel of Death also indicates the "active" side to it, not "passive", like with messenger. The Scheduler, on the other hand, is perfect.

Uhmm... and I wouldn't put Ilwu in the same category as Kim The Table. Aww, hell, naww!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 22nd, '11, 22:19

Well, if his performance in Take Care of the Young Lady is anything to go by (I sincerely hope it's not), for me, he's in that Kim category.
Well, ok, not that bad, but I still felt like someone had given him Botox in the entire series. I just didn't get any feelings at all from him.

It's good to know the character is only there as an assistance to the passing. Kinda like a tour guide. I'm more pleased with that idea.
So, he's more of a Traffic Regulator. He's a TOP. Traffic Officer Pretty-boy. I like that. And if his acting has improved, I'll like what I see.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 23rd, '11, 00:05

But usually Death is not the one who decide. My favorite Death ever comes from Pratchett books and is always waiting for person time to pass and then assist in crossing as well. So I like simillar concept here. In fact there is not one Death but many of them for different beings or even ideologies. And even if he is cool to the point of speaking with capital letters he/it is trying to develop sense of humor and likes cats.... back to the topic
Main point here, you do not need to be some superior being to be Death, Messenger or Scheduler. Being pretty do not hurt, too (and he is not so pretty, handsom is enough). I protest about discriminating people :glare: :lol If I had to be sent away I prefer somone good looking to do the job, and nice and polite. Any bones put together and animated are not to be well received! Second point: He is not human and he is suppose to not have human feelings so his acting could be a little off (hopefully for this reason). And for now he is not bad.
BTW he is idol? I do not think so.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 23rd, '11, 02:28

I finished the first episode, and while it was mildly interesting, the acting was pretty atrocious all around. The rich brat was annoying (+her acting was the worst!), the convenience store lady was like a log of wood.

But, like I said, it was pretty interesting. I'll probably watch at least a few episodes and see if it gets better. Also, that Han Kang was hot. And of course: oh Ilu, you so fine~ He's a bit too skinny for my taste, but all in all, he was pretty, his character likable and his acting wasn't too bad. I just read an interview where he said his two year break from (mainstream) acting was to study and concentrate on becoming a better actor, so I hope those two years haven't gone to waste!

When it comes to Death or Grim Reaper or supernatural beings in general, I'm pretty lenient in the matter. While old mythologies are cool and all, I don't mind if some characteristics get changed around. It's the creator's choice, and pretty much everything works for me, unless it's utterly ridiculous.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 23rd, '11, 03:21

Oh, don't get me wrong. When my time comes, I definitely want a young hottie to show me the way to Heaven. Who wouldn't? We died, it's a consolation prize. XD
And no, he's no idol, but with the style they gave him, he does look like one. He's a Scheduler with fine taste in clothing and vehicles. Well, as long as he's good.

I do hope them two years did him good. But SSpiegel, you kinda worried me now. The acting sucks? All around? Hope not. It would be a shame, with such a story.
Also, call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to the car crash scene. I guess they either went for sudden and raw or then a more dramatic (and expensive) sequence.
Then again, it's not the accident itself that's important, so I guess no need to over-fancy it up. The premise is very interesting so let's hope they'll do the story justice.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '11, 06:00

I will defend Yi Kyeong character here. She is a wooden log, but she is supposed to be like that - lifeless. The whole concept is based on the contrast. The bright girl is full of life and wants to live desperately, and YK mourns her loved one and wants to die desperately.
That's all.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 23rd, '11, 06:54

she should be lifeless but the contrast when she is posesed is not so big comparing to the way first girl is acting. And this role is very difficult, like having to act person with personality disorder/split. It require talent and experience

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 23rd, '11, 07:41

I think maybe a different actress might be better? Lee Yo Won isn't a very versatile actress. She's not convincing enough to act 2 different personalities. I've seen her in a few projects and wasn't that impressed.

It's not how the character is written or portrayed. It's the actress's ability to do it. I give thumbs up to Hyun Bin in secret garden. He did an excellent acting job for switching personalities.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 23rd, '11, 10:03

Ethlenn - I get where you're coming from. But, imho, I think there's a difference between being a wooden log and being lifeless and having no will to live. It's indeed a strange combination, but I think she just managed to overact being lifeless, haha!

Overall, the acting was pretty horrid. I had no complaints before the car crash, but after that everything went to hell. Since Korean dramas are known (even infamous) for their melodramatics, I would've expected a bit more when they opened up the waterworks. And well, the main two girls were pretty bad throughout.

Anyway, how awesome was that car crash! Jeez, when you get used to the Hollywood style of two cars crashing and at least one of them instantly turning into a ball of fire, this was indeed something incredible. It definitely pulled my heartstrings. This drama is definitely not all bad, and the story is really interesting, so I'm ready to overlook some stuff. I do hope the acting gets a little better.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 23rd, '11, 14:07

Well, Hollywood goes for impressive, not realistic. Also, it depends whether it's an action series/movie or a drama. Dramas tend to be more realistic.
I saw a very "nice" car crash in Medium. A girl was sleeping in the back seat, her parents driving. They showed the accident from the inside of the car.

Here's the video on Youtube

From 1:16 and for a few seconds after, as she is narrating it. I think it's a very creative way to show such a tragic event. It touched me even more like this.

Of course, I don't expect such complex stuff from 49 Days, but it would have been nice to see it. But I'm fine with the raw "Wtf just happened?" approach.
Judging by her look on the promo stills, I guess we probably see it through her perspective. She doesn't realize it and wonders why people ignore her or so.

Damn it, I'm watching this today! Ahahaha!

Edit: Watched the first one. Liked it. Like the Scheduler too. He's kind of a dick, but it's natural since our problems must seem ridiculous to him. He's fun too.
I didn't find the acting that bad. But yeah, the start was rough. I like Miss Pink Ghost. She's brainless enough for a rich girl without being annoyingly bratty.
As for the other actress, I'll see in the next episode. So far, she looked like she was on slo-mo. Which was a bit too much, but I can let it slide if she does well.

As for the guys, really not impressed by either of the "love-rivals". Even Bae Soo Bin sucks for now. Il Woo is doing ok and the 7/11 guy looks nice and all.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 25th, '11, 00:28

I was witness of accident where car catch fire on its own, just like that stoping for traffic lights :goggle: After this I see such scenes a little differently.
I found comment somewhere that Scheduler may be late boyfriend of possesed girl. But still this comment about seniority in job is messing with me. But this will may be way to put all important figures together, dead, half dead and alive.
I start to seriously hate groom gay, I admire his focus and determination but still.. I usually like bad characters but this time I feel I will make exception. Pitty that second gay do not work for me too right now, certain something is missing in his acting. Let's give more screen time for Scheduler, he is the best so far!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '11, 09:21

Jo Hyun Jae tends to be a bit stoic in his acting ^^; But for his character he's playing, it's alright cuz the character is an introvert and inexpressive. Later I think he will change? We'll probably see development for his character later. It's odd, even for his stoic acting, he seems to be charismatic. I don't know how to describe it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 25th, '11, 09:48

Well, he does sort of convey what the character feels and that's all I need for now, really. Not all humans are expressive and it's hard to tell between "wooden" and "stoic".
But he's definitely not a total Table. At least he won't be, if he amps it up a bit. I do expect him to show feelings when he has to and not just a compilation of same-ish looks.

Cause the way a scene is directed also helps with conveying what's going on. So I need so see more before I credit him as just stoic and not wooden. Or vice versa.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 26th, '11, 22:52

I've seen several of JHJ's projects. I like his dramas actually. And I find him kind of stoic at times but he does have some expressions. They're not big though. But somehow his presence isn't annoying and I find him pretty charismatic. That's why I still watch drama projects he works on. I don't think he's the type to wow you with his acting skills but he's not bad either.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 29th, '11, 18:57

So far so good ! Im liking it !!
"Repeat:A Scheduler does not interfere with human matters."
Hilarious :D !

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 30th, '11, 09:32

I was a bit bored with episode 4.I don't really care about the characters.. at least not yet. The acting is bugging me a bit too. Just not very convincing. Dream high was even better for me acting wise(not saying much) but I do really like the scheduler.. he tickles my funny bone. I do like the storyline and the scheduler so I will keep on watching for now. Hopefully next week's episodes will engage me a little bit more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 30th, '11, 18:48

Jeong Ilwu OST Part 3
Enjoy^^

If you want, I can provide the ringtone ( I think...)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 31st, '11, 18:12

let me guess:
they will be cooperating from now on, I mean they will be aware in two ways. Cooperating may be tricky part at the begining. And it seems that he is really her boyfriend and he was killed.

:wub: I like it more and more :wub:
Week is so long..

onegai5465

Post by onegai5465 » Apr 1st, '11, 12:52

im just guessing but i think the scheduler is lee yeo won's dead lover and he has to complete being a scheduler for 5 years b4 he can come back or something?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 1st, '11, 23:26

in coma in next room :lol

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 2nd, '11, 07:54

i have this on my downloads already... haven't tried watching it yet though...