49 Days (SBS, 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 2nd, '11, 09:02

Yes, we've been suspecting the identity of Yi Kyung's dead lover.

And as I promised, The Scheduler's ringtone, keke:
Kidario kidario^^
Have fun!

I changed the link, since mediafire is a Forbidden Word lately.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Apr 2nd, '11, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 2nd, '11, 09:05

Thank u Ethlenn !! But the link didnt work for me :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 2nd, '11, 09:13

Changed the link from mediafire to box. Now it should work, try again^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 2nd, '11, 09:16

Yes It did work : ) , Thanks again !

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 2nd, '11, 13:01

shiofmedea wrote:in coma in next room :lol
:rofl:

But (ep5&6 spoiler ahead)
Didn't he say he felt somehting gentle when he died and he wants to become like that and for that reason he's got to do the scheduler job for 5 yrs? Oh and supposed he's the dead bf, those 5 yrs should be over soon, no? I like how that part of the story gets revealed bit by bit...Also wondering whether he might have commited suicide (since the mart customer is a psychiatrist...) and scheduler job's just punishment for that :lol

Anyway, after ep 6, I still have my issues with the acting and also with the script...To me the scheduler feels too much like a comic relief/filler character, got annoyed at the "shopping" and singing etc...meh i'm disappointed in him^^
and some turns I just don't get, like why would Minho make Yikyung his housemaid? But I AM so looking forward to that ;) Would be nice to see him fall in love with her or go crazy over her similarity to Jihyun ...

On the other hand, kang grows on me more and more, although he's a stupid character with his hidden love for the girl taking it all out on others etc...ahh, just waiting for him to figure out about minho...
Oh, and ecchan, thx for the OST etc :wub:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 19:14

Oh but my remark was sarcastic, not mean to be some foresight. I hope there is not like that in reality... but dramas are often like that so we will see :roll

He took her shoping so she could change dress :lol not easy task for spirit without experience! I would say quite clever way to change her apperance (she is maturing so her looks) and make some bonding with Scheduler so we could hear some new fragments of bigest mosaic to add. If not through their dialogues there is no other way to drop them and to have casual conversation they must meet on no so business level. And he does not have many oportunities to communicate with others as his work is by definition to make quick transition for soul from moment of death to hmm lift in this case :lol . so to meet not so typical case is kind of entertainment for him for sure. So I say I can find it in boundries of logic. Nice guy, BTW, shopping is boring if you just observe (he was changing too but rather not in old fashion way like she :lol )

Ethlenn
Thanks for ringtone, it's so.. I can just imagine reaction of people around, as I myself first was stoned and then I couldn't stop to laugh.. wow!
Last time I made people speachless after hearing my wake-up tone.. mostly becouse they were suffering from heart-stop (their words not mine). I have real problem with mornings so I need someting strong so I loaded this spooky screem from DBSK Rising Sun. It's working wonders but for unprepared person it is huge blow.. I'm waiting for reaction for that one :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 19:33

Yes, this is why Ara put a smiling icon, a good sarcasm is deeply appreciated.

From what I read in Ilwu's interview, we get more insight into his character around ep 8. Well :whistling:

And I like Kang more and more. Although I fear he might have some dirty, dark secret as well...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 20:38

Oh, my internet connection is acting on me today and no icon is showing, sorry

I have a feeling he is involved to some level in this scheming or at least he knows what it is about. I'm not saying here he is part of plan but there is connection here, my decades of crime stories reading/watching polished instinct is screaming here. BTW who killed our Scheduler here? I do not think it was "plotting pair" so..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 20:49

And it wasn't an accident? There was a chalk marked figure on the street when Yi kyeong wanted to commit the suicide and she remembered that fatal day. I think he was killed by a car.
But the problem remains - was he killed by hazard? Or someone plotted this? Actually no, I'm tired, and I think it was just a bad luck he died that way.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 21:40

ok maybe I'm tired as well and greedy to add.. And 3 years is long to story start again but I think this way: She was killed by accident (and IN accident but it is less important) so she can collect and come back, He is Scheduler, he can earn his way to close some case he left on earth. Why he was not simply given the same choice? Maybe becouse he was victim here, he died unfair - read he was killed not by accident but with premeditation (or on impulse but by act itself) BTW does he said he will come back or he can put things left in order? I think it is second, he is not to be alive again. And in this case he is not only earning it he is waiting for right time (even if he does not know it) and right person to use as tool - our spirit girl... hmm I overthought it, did I?
Why is this sign still there? Was it only her memory? I thought it was 3 years since he died.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:20

It's been 5 years, March 15. 2006 on the calendar in Yi Kyung's house. And the chalk mark was in her memory, she saw the body lying on the road, but only with her "memory eyes", moments before she came on the street.
Scheduler mentioned also 5 years of his work.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:42

I thought 3 in regards to remerk that she is living this way for 3 years, but it has more sense now (I was wondering why they left 2 years for scheduler termination of contract) : deadline is comming.
Thanks

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:58

I think the Min Ho hired Yi Kyung cuz he's interested in her and wants to keep her at his side. Since Kang fired her, he has no way to see her except if he hires her.

As for the scheduler. I think his death is accidental. It seems to have something to do with the psychiatrist as well? He was apologizing to her and said he gave up practicing but realized he has something to do still. He needs to help her recuperate. That's why he keeps going to the store every day to see her by buying cigarettes.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 23:06

isn't it that he simply failed her teatment?
and my idea makes better plot :lol Is some script writer reading it? More crime please!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 4th, '11, 00:25

shiofmedea wrote:
isn't it that he simply failed her teatment?
That seems over done to quit a job because you failed to treat one patient. He's not god...
What I'm guessing is that she was sent to see a shrink after her bf died. And during her treatments, the shrink realized that he was the one who caused his death. And somehow she found out about it, so she stopped going in for treatments. He felt bad about it and quit his profession. Although he might not be a murderer, he killed someone. The realized he has unfinished business because he caused her mental distress for the accident, so he's desperately trying to reach out to help her to gain her forgiveness.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 4th, '11, 00:38

shiofmedea wrote: and my idea makes better plot :lol Is some script writer reading it? More crime please!
You remind me of Rick Castle. :rofl:

He always opts for the most far-fetched solution.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 4th, '11, 08:03

Orion1986 wrote:
shiofmedea wrote: and my idea makes better plot :lol Is some script writer reading it? More crime please!
You remind me of Rick Castle. :rofl:

He always opts for the most far-fetched solution.
LOL!! Rick Castle should become a scriptwriter for Korean melos :P Btw, Ori you watching season 3? Is it still good?

I agree with shiofm though. More crime and crazy twists might well improve the plot. I WOULD like it if Kang was involved, like speculating on getting close to her while she's heartbroken over Minho, or if he had some dark secret. But too bad it doesn't seem that way.

And since I'm such a twisted one, I though scheduler guy's been depressive and committed suicide and Mr. shrink was his therapist but couldn't prevent him from doing so...

keke speculation about these things here makes this drama more interesting than it actually is thus far :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 4th, '11, 08:25

I have yet to watch the latest two of 49 Days, but I will today.

And yes, season 3 of Castle is awesome. You should watch it. ^^

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 4th, '11, 19:57

What can I say, I love to live dangerously. 8) And I like my drama complicated and passion and crime driven :lol

This is why I still watch Castle and such - I so agree with him, if life is not excited enough let's make it so :P

Back to the plot Scheduler is cool guy he would not do something so stupid like walking under car especialy in depresion. Let's hope he was killed.. He was, right? :glare:

There is one plot twist which was still not considered: She will take over Scheduler job and he will go back with her body to make everybody suffer. :scratch: I must sleep more, I start to go crazy myself

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 4th, '11, 20:16

shiofmedea wrote:She will take over Scheduler job and he will go back with her body to make everybody suffer.
A rational part of me can't accept that. He has no motif to do that.
Yes, I'm boring. :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 4th, '11, 22:02

Rational part of me say SHE has no motif to do it, still in my deep conspiration creating plot they should fight who would deliver blows to still alived...for contrast I'm bored .. and overworked,, and underslept (is this even such word? :scratch: )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 11:50

Uhmm... I tried to find any reason for Minho to hire Yikyung at his house, but I can't. She, of course, has few of them - one is to keep an eye on him, but I don't see why he did it. Not out of pity or sympathy, right?
But this may spin Injung's paranoia keke...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Apr 5th, '11, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 12:41

Ecchan, I think it's safe to say the man's ego cut into pieces could feed the entire country for a year. He's using In Jung for his purposes, but let's face it. She's a naggy one.
Men like him don't get attracted to women who cry, b*tch and moan all the time. Especially when they have that pesky conscience which only kicks in to mess their plans.

They don't like women who go after them looking for an oppa and a shoulder to cry on. And men like him get bored easily. A woman spiting on his face is the only turn on.
Hiring her makes him, even if only in the work place, the boss. He gets control over her and the fun of slowly taming her. He might not realize it, but that's the motive for it.
His plans are slowly falling into place (he thinks) and what follows is a future with a boring woman who's more of a puppet than lover, by now. He needs something new.

I, for one, don't want to see them turn him into a guy with a conscience and heart. He's been a bastard from the get go and I hate it when villains "change" like that in series.
If this goes as I hope it will, he's gonna get royally owned by "falling" for Ji Hyun and getting his ass handed to him when she stops him on his tracks and gets her revenge.

I also don't think there's an issue of "Are they falling for Yi Kyung or Ji Hyun". Looks alone and physical attraction hardly ever influence more than the purely sexual desire.
Min Ho is attracted by her spiteful behavior and scorn. Those are Ji Hyun's reactions. And Kang is attracted by her personality and reactions as well. Ji Hyun again. 100%

If it was Yi Kyung's looks or body they were sexually attracted to, their behavior would show that. It's pretty clear when a guy is only sexually interested in a certain woman.
Although both Kang and Min Ho will get royally confused over why they like "her", it's clear that Kang really does love only one woman, Ji Hyun, and Min Ho is a sociopath.
Because no matter who she's wearing, it's still Ji Hyun in there and it's still her own self that is causing the ruckus within these guys' minds and hearts. And pants. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 12:54

Well, yes, I know exactly that it's Jihyun's personality that attracts them both, but somehow I couldn't write that Minho hired her and not Yikyung, cause it's the latter's body.
I thought about his "revenge" hiring, so now he will be able to order her around and make a fuss. Especially when he knows that she is out of job. But he didn't expect Yikyung to take the offer, me thinks. he wanted to show his allmighty side and offer it as a way to humiliate her more, but she took it.
Kang, on the other hand, is quick-tempered and I think he will regret (if he doesn't already) firing her.

Minho is a jerk, not even a likeable one, he's a rotten bastard. I mean, 2 years of plotting and scheming, pretending and fooling everyone. Injung is the same, but with some cowardice as well. Or maybe the remnants of conscience, I don't know. As you, Ori, I do hope they won't make him a good guy in the end, because he's not. Even if in the series they change the character, a person needs to display some human traits earlier, even if those traits were minimal and hard to spot. Minho has none. I can't see any glimpse of a normal human being. I'm not even sure if his feelings for Injung are real. Well, they seem so, but I started to question everything in his behavior.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 12:58

But kudos to Soo Bin, cause his bad acting in the first 2 episodes makes sense now. I'm loving the bastard side of him. I have a weakness for bad hot men...
Villain/bastard bad. Not pathetic or coward bad. I don't like villains who are too half-assed about their "work". If you're gonna be bad, do it good. Be totally evil.

And if you're going to be the evil/rich type, please, have a shower scene. And if you're Bae Soo Bin, especially then, have a shower scene. I demand it, you jerk!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 13:04

I prefer tormented guys, so Kang's "deer ahead of headlight" gaze is more to my liking, kekeke...

Hmm... as for Subin, maybe some pool swimming be good too?
(although I'm not sure if this can beat swimming lesson in Gisaeng Story... :faint: )

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 5th, '11, 13:09

Orion1986 wrote:But kudos to Soo Bin, cause his bad acting in the first 2 episodes makes sense now. I'm loving the bastard side of him. I have a weakness for bad hot men...
Villain/bastard bad. Not pathetic or coward bad. I don't like villains who are too half-assed about their "work". If you're gonna be bad, do it good. Be totally evil.

And if you're going to be the evil/rich type, please, have a shower scene. And if you're Bae Soo Bin, especially then, have a shower scene. I demand it, you jerk!
LOL, I am getting royally bored with these obligatory shower scenes...why not a nice gym scene like in that other wreck of a series?? ;)

But I still think is acting is bad. He doesn't make a great villain...his character does bad things, yeah but I get no evil feel from him, not even a slight bad-body one...He is just bland for me... As I wrote before, I also hope he'll fall for her and she'll get some revenge - but without him changing or learning something. I want him to be an evil bast*** till the end

I also wanna see In Jung suffer. She might have a hint of conscience left, but I'd also call it cowardice. And she used to be her friend...so she's the biggest **** of them all, much worse than the gold-digging Minho.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 5th, '11, 14:14

...episode 6

and liking the show so far. the drama is getting more and more interesting. i want to know how shin ji hyun is going to handle Min Ho through another person's body.. he's one complicated bastard and i like that kind of antagonist. you never seem to know what they are thinking. ^_^v

kang-oppa... :wub: he's one the the reasons why i am actually still hooked up with the show, regardless of the plotline. one look at those lips and my inner fan-girling strikes again! :wub:

oh... btw, is it me or have you noticed that the ending them song sounds so much like the theme song from Secret Garden. is it the same artist? :scratch:

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Apr 5th, '11, 14:29

i am watching up to Episode 5 so far and am intrigued by this show. Quite good eye candied guys as well :D

I'm especially dying to know what Minho and Injung plans are? Is it for money or revenge?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 14:43

biniBningPunkista wrote: oh... btw, is it me or have you noticed that the ending them song sounds so much like the theme song from Secret Garden. is it the same artist? :scratch:
Jung Yeop didn't sing a song for Secret Garden. He did a beautiful one for Bad Guy though.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 14:45

arakira wrote: LOL, I am getting royally bored with these obligatory shower scenes...why not a nice gym scene like in that other wreck of a series?? ;)
Shower, gym, trip to a nudist beach, I don't mind. As long as there's nakedness. :roll

Also, is that Il Woo singing the Reaper song? Wow. Kid's got some voice in him. :blink

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 5th, '11, 14:51

Hmm me would like a trip to a nudist beach best... :whistling:

And yes, that's him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 7th, '11, 17:48

Asssssa!!

Finally found where the similar motif of tears was! I'm grateful also to my Professor who helped me a lot!

Baldur's Death.
I think everyone knows who Baldur is, so just skip to his death and the tears motif.

Bulfinch's Version:
"I ride to Hel," answered Hermod, "to seek Baldur. Hast thou perchance seen him pass this way?"

She replied, "Baldur hath ridden over Gyoll's bridge, and yonder lieth the way he took to the abodes of death"

Hermod pursued his journey until he came to the barred gates of Hel. Here he alighted, girthed his saddle tighter, and remounting clapped both spurs to his horse, who cleared the gate by a tremendous leap without touching it. Hermod then rode on to the palace, where he found his brother Baldur occupying the most distinguished seat in the hall, and passed the night in his company. The next morning he besought Hela to let Baldur ride home with him, assuring her that nothing but lamentations were to be heard among the gods. Hela answered that it should now be tried whether Baldur was so beloved as he was said to be. "If, therefore," she added, "all things in the world, both living and lifeless, weep for him, then shall he return to life; but if any one thing speak against him or refuse to weep, he shall be kept in Hel."

Hermod then rode back to Asgard and gave an account of all he had heard and witnessed.

The gods upon this despatched messengers throughout the world to beg everything to weep in order that Baldur might be delivered from Hel. All things very willingly complied with this request, both men and every other living being, as well as earths, and stones, and trees, and metals, just as we have all seen these things weep when they are brought from a cold place into a hot one. As the messengers were returning, they found an old hag named Thaukt sitting in a cavern, and begged her to weep Baldur out of Hel. But she answered,

"Thaukt will wail
With dry tears
Baldur's bale-fire.
Let Hela keep her own."

It was strongly suspected that this hag was no other than Loki himself, who never ceased to work evil among gods and men. So Baldur was prevented from coming back to Asgard.
And other version:
The day of judgment approaches, and new signs bear witness of its coming. Baldur, the holy one, who alone is without sin, has terrible dreams. Hel appears to him in his sleep, and signs to him to come to her. Odin rides through the dark valleys which lead to the realm of shades, that he may enquire of the dead what the future will bring forth. His incantations call the long deceased Wala out of her grave, and she foretells what he has already feared, Baldur’s death. Whereupon Frigga, who is much troubled in spirit, entreats all creatures and all lifeless things to swear that they will not injure the Well-beloved. But she overlooks one, the weak mistletoe-bough. Crafty Loki discovers this omission. When the gods in boisterous play throw their weapons at Baldur, all of which turn aside from striking his holy body, Loki gives blind Hödur the fatal bough, which he has made into a dart. He guides the direction of the blow, and the murder is committed — Baldur lies stabbed to the heart on the bloodstained sward. Peace and joy, righteousness and holiness disappear with him. For this reason the gods and men, and even the dwarfs who fear the light, the elves in their caverns, and the malicious race of giants weep for him. They all assemble round his funeral pile. Two corpses are stretched on the litter; for Nanna, Baldur’s beautiful bride, has died of a broken heart. When the sunny-hearted god of light dies, the flowers must also wither. At Odin’s command Hermodur rides along the road leading to Hel’s dominions, to entreat the terrible goddess to permit the return of the Well-beloved. He finds Baldur and Nanna seated at a table on which are placed cups of mead, but they leave the foaming draught untouched; they sit there as silent and sad as the other flitting shades, which glide past them like misty phantoms. The dreadful queen of the realm of the dead is seated on her throne, grave and silent. This is her reply to Hermodur’s message: “If every creature weeps for the Beloved he shall return to the upper world,otherwise he must remain in his place.” The messenger of the gods brings back this answer. Every creature weeps for her son at Frigga’s entreaty; but one giantess alone, dwelling in an obscure cleft in a rock, refrains from weeping, and so Baldur remains in Hel’s possession. But vengeance has yet to be executed on the god who lives in darkness, and that duty is fulfilled by Wali, who kills strong Hodur with his darts. Wali is the god of spring, who destroys dark gloomy winter; he is the risen Baldur.
(Adapted from the work of W. Wagner by M. W. Macdowall, London, 1884 )

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 9th, '11, 00:19

I have forgotten about this detail. You are good. The myth is so well known but this part with tears collection I didn't remember.

sophliet

Post by sophliet » Apr 9th, '11, 06:56

So is anyone finding this drama good?

I personally don't really like the actors too much. The lead girl (the one who is in a coma): her face looks like its plastic. I have no clue whether she had plastic surgery or not, but her face is simply weird to me. Does anyone think that or is it just me? Plus her cutesy acting is getting kind of annoying.

The two lead guys, I simply dont like them (no offense to anyone). I just can't bring myself to like them much.

Basically the only person I like is the Scheduler...although since he is not human, he wont be getting any romantic action.

I am going to stop watching this and move on to some other. As much as I like the Scheduler, I can't watch this anymore.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 14th, '11, 23:46

Ethlenn wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote: oh... btw, is it me or have you noticed that the ending them song sounds so much like the theme song from Secret Garden. is it the same artist? :scratch:
Jung Yeop didn't sing a song for Secret Garden. He did a beautiful one for Bad Guy though.
really? the arrangement here and in secret garden seems the same. maybe the music composition was done by the same person? hmmmm...
sophliet wrote:So is anyone finding this drama good?

I personally don't really like the actors too much. The lead girl (the one who is in a coma): her face looks like its plastic. I have no clue whether she had plastic surgery or not, but her face is simply weird to me. Does anyone think that or is it just me? Plus her cutesy acting is getting kind of annoying.

The two lead guys, I simply dont like them (no offense to anyone). I just can't bring myself to like them much.

Basically the only person I like is the Scheduler...although since he is not human, he wont be getting any romantic action.

I am going to stop watching this and move on to some other. As much as I like the Scheduler, I can't watch this anymore.
I feel the same way about the coma girl. I couldn't place if her face is actually all plastic surgery or is it the nose, eyes, lips or cheekbone. Oh.. i practically repeated what i just said! LOLz. anyways i'm with you for her looking weird.

...but as for not liking the drama just because of the actors? I can't. i spot good drama's not just because of actors and acting. I believe the story line has a lot to do with me watching a drama. Never mind that coma girl is annoying or getting into my nerves with over acting but the fact that the story line is about one body is doing things for two lives? that's enough interesting to me. not to forget that the scheduler has his own past to be revealed... that's another bonus point for me. I thought he'll just be that stagnant guy whose main job is to rip off souls and send them to the next stage in life.

but since those things doesn't seem to get to you... better stop watching and amuse yourself with something you think is much better.

now onwards to episode 7 and 8...

very very much revealing for some future scenes. It sort of tells us where the scheduler actually came from. I also want Yi Kyung to wake up from her inner turmoil. She's like asleep even though she's alive. Much worse than Ji Hyun. As for the story line, i'm totally liking the fact that JH's possessing YK's was bringing changes to her. Mentally and even physically. At least she knows how it feels to be sick to be tired and not that deadwoman walking around aiming for nothing.

Han kang... why you such a brat???

>_< i like his personality so much i want to hug him for being too stubborn and spur of the moment. but i like him for liking JH's personality all the more. at least here, i get to understand that he loves JH for who she is and not what she is. knowing that, makes me want to watch more more more! :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 15th, '11, 19:12

49 Days OST Part 5 is here.
No time to watch the last episodes still, arrgh!

kaedejun

Post by kaedejun » Apr 16th, '11, 02:18

49 Days is up on DramaFever!

Another place to watch if you can - available to US/Canada. It'll be a simulcast, so the first 8 episodes are up, and episodes 9-10 will be available on April 18.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/3918/1/49_Days/

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 17th, '11, 13:56

I loveeeed the 10th episode , it was good the story is so well writen !
So finally...but whose tear it was ? Cant wait to find out
& poor Kang he's going crazy !!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 17th, '11, 17:13

I think from this point on the, the end is pretty predictable.
The end will have Shin Ji Hyun paired with Han Kang cuz they finally realize their feelings for each other.

Song Yi Kyung and the Scheduler will bid their farewells and get closure. Maybe they might have the Scheduler reborn and look like himself? LOL Then we can have double happy ending.

Kang Min Ho will end up with nothing and have his plans foiled by Shin Ji Hyun.

Shin Ji Hyun's tears will be Kang, Seo Woo and ???

It seems like the whole story is preordained by the gods. Like having the Scheduler pick up someone who dies at the same location as his GF who intends to kill herself but fails causing death of someone who shouldn't have died. This links the two females together and they end up helping each other with their problems. It happens as the Scheduler is near the ending of his contract so he can have his closure too and get his final wish before he goes to the other side.

ILOVEME000

Post by ILOVEME000 » Apr 17th, '11, 18:29

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 17th, '11, 23:53

I like this drama, but there are a few holes in the konzept of this drama...or i missed something (or forgot).
Why can't Ji Hyun, when she is in the body of Yi Kyung warn Kang or her parents about Min Hos plot? Yes she can't reveal her identity, but an anonymous letter or a simple "i saw and heard min ho plotting something" should do the trick. I know they don't do this because the drama would end after 4 episodes, but they should at least give a reason why she can't tell this.

I hope that the villains have a better reason for their diabolical plot, than just greed and revange for being spoiled and selfcentred. Ok greed is always a good motive, but "being spoiled and stuck up" is just childish and dumb.

It's not to sure, that the Tears come from Kang. It can also be some bs, like "she has to shed tears of love for som other peaople, than herself". Or if its really straightforward, then i think the tears would come from Kang, Seo and perhaps MinHo, because he realizes, that he loves her (it's hinted, by the fact, that he is attracted to Ji Hyun, when she's in Yi Kyungs body).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 18th, '11, 01:45

Silverman wrote:
Why can't Ji Hyun, when she is in the body of Yi Kyung warn Kang or her parents about Min Hos plot? Yes she can't reveal her identity, but an anonymous letter or a simple "i saw and heard min ho plotting something" should do the trick. I know they don't do this because the drama would end after 4 episodes, but they should at least give a reason why she can't tell this.
I'm not sure if you've realized yet. But... Ji Hyun's pretty simple minded and stupid. This is too much thinking for her.
Silverman wrote:
I hope that the villains have a better reason for their diabolical plot, than just greed and revange for being spoiled and selfcentred. Ok greed is always a good motive, but "being spoiled and stuck up" is just childish and dumb.
I think it's just simple as that. Greed. As for In Jung. I think it's jealousy. All Ji Hyun's friend are jealous of her because she thinks she's all that and the whole world revolves around her. None of her friends truly like her. In Jung isn't any different.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 18th, '11, 03:24

There's a bigger problem with that course of action. Don't know if Ji Hyun was smart enough to think of that or not though.

You have to remember, this isn't any small family. This is a big, rich and powerful company we're talking about.
They get hate-mail all the time. An anonymous letter would get filtered out by staff before it even got to her father.

Even if she used the name of a company and sent information on Min Ho, who would believe it without proof?
Do you think her father hasn't received such "This kid looks suspicious" comments in the past? People gossip.

It would be dismissed as hate-mail or a prank and then Min Ho would be tipped off that someone is onto them.
That would make him more aware and careful and then it would be even harder to get proof for what he's doing.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 18th, '11, 04:33

Orion1986 wrote:There's a bigger problem with that course of action. Don't know if Ji Hyun was smart enough to think of that or not though.

You have to remember, this isn't any small family. This is a big, rich and powerful company we're talking about.
They get hate-mail all the time. An anonymous letter would get filtered out by staff before it even got to her father.

Even if she used the name of a company and sent information on Min Ho, who would believe it without proof?
Do you think her father hasn't received such "This kid looks suspicious" comments in the past? People gossip.

It would be dismissed as hate-mail or a prank and then Min Ho would be tipped off that someone is onto them.
That would make him more aware and careful and then it would be even harder to get proof for what he's doing.
That's too much thinking for Ji Hyun's brain. It'll explode. LOL She's simple minded.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 18th, '11, 04:46

She is, bless her. Thankfully, she didn't do that cause those would be the results of such actions.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 18th, '11, 06:26

Yes thats true, but she simply needs the photos of the two villains together. Tthis would make the father aware and he wouldn't make Minho the beneficiary of his will (and yes she had the photos in her hands, althought it were old photos. but its enough to make peaople aware, that there is something fishy going on. Even if the can simply say, that this was all in the past. But this way at least the seed of mistrust were planted). Well the father would at least investigate the matter (he is the president of a big corp....so he should know how to handle such sensible information and he could look into the matters). And the letter wouldn't be filtered out...well simple just because the one, which was sent in the drama, was delivered without any problems...
and yea she is simpleminded, but she is not a vegetable, so this level of thinking should be possible (wasn't her IQ enchanced, through the "deathexpirience"?)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 18th, '11, 20:25

this drama seems quite ok. ;D But I know that the Scheduler guy will fall for her. That's how it goes ;D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 18th, '11, 23:39

Silverman wrote: and yea she is simpleminded, but she is not a vegetable, so this level of thinking should be possible (wasn't her IQ enchanced, through the "deathexpirience"?)
Apparently her enhanced IQ still isn't high enough. Really she's DENSE :P Let me count the ways.
1) She still doesn't realize she's getting jealous that Kang might like Yi Kyung instead of her.

2) She doesn't realize Kang is the only person who notices she's in Yi Kyung's body. He's picking up so many signals from her and confronts her. She denies but never wonders how he notices so many small things about her. While Min Woo her fiance is clueless.

3) She only knows how to scream and cry. When trying to stop her dad from signing the will, after trying to drop the Hanko, she didn't know what else to do. The scheduler had to step in and help her by dropping her photo. That cost him 1 extra week of scheduling work.

4) She doesn't realize that Seo Woo loves her dearly as a friend. She's running around trying to find tears when the person is just in front of her. Even at the bakery, she's like...are you sad because of your boyfriend? Seo Woo said no and she says she's sad cuz of her dear friend. DOH! Bells should ring.

The list goes on for her simple brain. I think the scheduler yells at her several times in every episode cuz so she's stupid.
Neliets wrote:this drama seems quite ok. ;D But I know that the Scheduler guy will fall for her. That's how it goes ;D
I really hope they don't do that --; It would totally ruin the whole drama. Especially after he sang the scarecrow song and the whole premise of being a scheduler in the first place. If they head the story that way, I will bash the writer and hate the scheduler.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 19th, '11, 09:13

odessa

Post by odessa » Apr 19th, '11, 12:05

I dunno why but I am really enjoying the series so far.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Apr 19th, '11, 15:36

To be fair, there wasn't much she could do when her father was signing that stuff because the scheduler only gave her one chance to touch something. The sad part is that she lost one of her 49 days and it didn't amount to much since her father signed the will anyway.

But as I guessed the more time she spends with Seo Woo and also In Jung, they too will start noticing similarities. Min Ho on the other hand seems to be a lost cause. lol

I also hope there's no romance with the scheduler. I hope he doesn't start to fall for her because that's annoying.

The preview for ep 11 looks awesome.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 19th, '11, 15:45

Han Kang's character is going in a right direction. I think it's a good development for him, keke. Well, he's going slightly mad, mehehe... :mrgreen:
Thanks for the link!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 19th, '11, 15:54

I dont really think it will be any romance with the scheduler !
Anyway , Thank u for the link ! : )

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 20th, '11, 01:56

12bucklemyshoe wrote:To be fair, there wasn't much she could do when her father was signing that stuff because the scheduler only gave her one chance to touch something. The sad part is that she lost one of her 49 days and it didn't amount to much since her father signed the will anyway.

But as I guessed the more time she spends with Seo Woo and also In Jung, they too will start noticing similarities. Min Ho on the other hand seems to be a lost cause. lol
I thought she could touch objects? It's just for every object she loses a day.

In Jung is still clueless. I don't think she even notices Ji Hyun's personality in Yi Kyung. She's too busy getting jealous of Yi Kyung.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Apr 20th, '11, 16:08

seirin, she can't touch things. Every time she tried it the past she couldn't so the scheduler gave her once chance in exchange for one day.

In Jung noticed at Kang's perpetually empty restaurant when she made that one gesture of keeping her mouth shut.
Well, we now know who gave up the first tear. And tomorrow, Kang will punch Min Ho. And once again he has to keep his feelings hidden and pretend not to know that Ji Hyun is in Yi Kyung's body.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 21st, '11, 07:25

12bucklemyshoe wrote: In Jung noticed at Kang's perpetually empty restaurant when she made that one gesture of keeping her mouth shut.
I think she probably thought it was coincidental. YK's action just reminded her of JH. Cuz she sure doesn't seem to piece together YK being anything related to JH. If she even suspects a bit, she would have thought YK is JH's friend or somehow related. But nada. No suspicion at all.

You could argue that IJ probably knows all of JH's friends. But really...can she know all?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '11, 08:01

BTS picture:
I don't think Injung noticed anything suspicious. The last thing she's thinking of is Jihyun. She's more focused on IK and her being close to Minho, that's all.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Apr 21st, '11, 14:52

No, I'm not saying that she's suspicious. It's kinda like the first time Kang noticed a similarity - probably something she will brush off but I'm saying that something made her think of Ji Hyun unlike Min Ho were he's noticed nothing yet, even though he's spent quite a bit of time with her.

labels.la

Post by labels.la » Apr 21st, '11, 15:14

Thank you very much for the good stuff.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 25th, '11, 17:43

have been watching this drama for 2 days and really enjoying it. and Kang is the one who making me love this drama a bit more. the problem with me is that I really can't like or sympathise with JH much even though she is the one who has been wronged. I only like her when she in YK body and I just adore her to bits. but when she is herself, not much love is there for her :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 26th, '11, 19:09

I'm on my way to watch ep 11 & 12 (like anyone cares), but in the meantime:
49 Days OST Part 7

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 26th, '11, 20:14

Ethlenn wrote:I'm on my way to watch ep 11 & 12 (like anyone cares), but in the meantime:
49 Days OST Part 7
For me ep 9 and 10 tonight. Still loving the drama alot. And I am making my sister to watch it too.
E-chan, I need your help again dear. Like last time. :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 26th, '11, 21:05

I'm on my way!

This is a light drama, doesn't keep me on my toes like Midas (muwahahaha!!), I don't go mad waiting for it like Gisaeng...
It's a nice, spring story with hints of some grim, pessimistic thoughts said by our Scheduler.

And as for Issy and few other people here, for me also Kang is the main male character I watch this drama for. Ilwu doesn't count, cause I liked him before and like him still, but I can't remember if I saw Jo Hyeonjae in anything. My poor memory...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 27th, '11, 01:51

Jo Hyun Jae is in a few good dramas. I enjoyed all the ones I watched except Seo Dong Yo but it wasn't his fault. I couldn't stand Lee Bo Young. One of my favorites I enjoyed was Only you. Sweet romance drama. Other mentions would be love letter, Nine Tailed Fox and One Mom and three dads. There's an internet short story for Joy of Love. I futuristic concept was sorta cool.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 27th, '11, 06:33

Aaah, Nine-tailed Fox... yes... now I remember. Wonder why couldn't bring this drama from my memory. Very nice one.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 27th, '11, 18:53

I don't know why I didn't start watching this drama right away when it started. Oh well I can have more now and no need to wait for next episodes. :cheers: I'm watching it from streaming site though, maybe I should download it to my achieve. :scratch:

I like it how light this drama is even though it has melo theme. It's not too light either, just the right balance. I also like the character developement, which starts already at the first episodes. It's so dull to wait 16 episodes to people change...

Somehow the plastic girl reminds me a bit about IU and Hyun Young.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '11, 06:47

Ohoho... our nice Scheduler is getting all messed up!

And recent pics of Ilwu:
Plus, all 7 singles colected^^:
Enjoy^^

Update:
I ripped two songs from some place, enjoy! And don't be afraid if the other one is in the strange format. Winamp plays everything^^
49 Days OST - Part.8 눈물이 난다

J-심포니 - 가슴이 하나라서

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 28th, '11, 23:36

OK, I have to say that by ep12 I just had enough of IJ and her nagging. the girl is a total b***h and It was her plan from the start and now keeps complaining. Plus, I just don't see any changes in her character since ep1 so she is just irritating, most annoying evil character of the story. and to be honest, no matter how justified her reasons are ( which i think they will be only one sided as I don't see JH being such a horrible person, just to much into her world and sometimes a bit inconsiderate and insensitive to others) no one actually will sympathise with her. I really hope they keep her like this and won't make her redeem herself because she is the one I like to keep hating till the end and be most happy at her misfortune. :mrgreen:

Thanks alot E-chan for OSTs upload. for me there is one and only song. the one in part 3. :wub:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 29th, '11, 01:23

I can really understand IJ , I dont really hate her , she loved MH , she waited for him , she done everything for him and he still look at someone else ! Poor her ! And I think that she hates JH because she done a bad thng to her ( without realizing ) ! About JH , Wa I just think that NGR is doing a goood job and her face dosnt bother me at all , the caracter , I guess she s just too spoiled that s all Shes not a bad person , i dont really understand why her firends dont sympathize with her , jealousy ?
But my fav character , is of course Kang , I like his way of thinking and everything about him , yeah and wearing a suit ...!
I guess the thing that I like the most about the drama is that flashes back in each episode they dont reveal all the secret , u have to wait and see I love that !
Thanks Ethlenn for ur shares !
Issy , I just love to read ur comments D: !

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 29th, '11, 05:44

finished ep12 last night and now I can follow everyone's discussion and make my comments. :cheers:
I really have to say that 49 Days has become my favourite drama of this season. with putting Midas and Royal Family one hold (might drop RF altogether) I decided to give this drama a chance and I am so happy that I did. It gives me Secret Garden vibes and I like it.

OK, here I go with what I think so far

first of all, IJ, I am not saying that I don't understand her or her feelings. they are justified enough to expect such reactions but what I am saying is that is just too boring and repetitive to see and follow her in the story. her character stayed almost the same through out the eps. maybe even got worse. at the beginning, I thought that she is sorry for what she has done ( from her initial reaction about JH accident) but now, she does not even care.
as I said, it was her own plan from the start to put MH in JH way so she can have revenge on her. now her plan is back fired. if she is brave enough to plan such evil plot on her close friend and for 2 years was able to see her man dating another woman, then she should stop complaining. from ep 13, 14 spoilers that I read, MH said for 2 years all she has been doing is to instruct MH on how to treat JH and follow their plan.
to be honest, It's much easier for me to sympathise with MH (obviously :P) than her. you can see all characters, from JH to YK, HK, JH's parents and even Scuddler and MH have gone through big noticeable changes since ep1 with exception of IJ.

in anyway, I dislike IJ character enough that not going to waste time on her. because I just can't understand what horrible deed JH done to make her do such nasty evil things. we have seen JH since ep1 and the way her character is portrayed, you never think she is capable of harming her friends with previous intentions. so for IJ character not to get this when she suppose to be her friend since school time, it's quiet hard to understand. here where I think Jealousy comes to play a big role in all of this.

about the flash backs, I agree. they keep you on your toes. great way of story telling but somehow is getting a bit out of control in terms of giving info. for once, they hardly have any flash backs about YK and her story. we are on ep14 now and only from last 2 eps, we saw tiny little bit of her life. therefore it makes me confused about over all significance of her character. she can't be just a body JH uses to get by. I refuse to see her that way. not to forget, most adorable scenes in this drama are the ones with YK (even though it has JH soul) and Kang and not flash-backs of JH and Kang together in their high school time. and to be honest, It's a bit embarrassing to keep watching JH and Kang as highschool kids (specially Kang) because it's just does not suit their current age. just feels out of place. strangely this does not apply to YK and YS as they are fitting their roles in that time perfectly. :mrgreen:

over all, quite interesting drama so far and did not make me bored at all through its 12ep (which i hardly can say this with recent dramas I am following). so I am looking forward for watching this weeks eps with subs.
honestly, I should be sleeping right now. but here I am writing. :goggle:

@Sham 26, Thanks alot dear. 8)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 29th, '11, 07:47

Issy wrote: about the flash backs, I agree. they keep you on your toes. great way of story telling but somehow is getting a bit out of control in terms of giving info. for once, they hardly have any flash backs about YK and her story. we are on ep14 now and only from last 2 eps, we saw tiny little bit of her life. therefore it makes me confused about over all significance of her character. she can't be just a body JH uses to get by. )
YK's role is very significant.
1) She caused the accidental death so she comes the host.
2) She needs closure to move on with her life
3) The Scheduler has unfinished business that's why he's working the 5 years so he can complete it. Probably having his own closure.
4) The story shows YK and JH's contrasts their predicament. YK is alive but living like a dead person. JH is dead but trying to stay alive. I think both will have learned a lesson at the end. YK realizes the importance of being alive. JH learns who her true friends are.

Ever since first episode, we see YK walking around like a zombie but have no idea. They gave background and talked mostly about JH's situation. But I as it's getting to middle of the drama, they need to connect and talk about YK's situation now and how everything is tied together.

From one of the flashbacks, one might even consider their fate as intertwining back since high school. When the YK/YS pair met with JH/HK pair. JH predicting their star crossed lovers fate.
Jo Hyun-jae sings for 49 Days
http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/04/jo-hy ... r-49-days/

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 29th, '11, 08:41

@seirin
Of course I see and know the significance of her role in current present life. But that's all to do with JH life. I want some development on her life. Apart from last 2 eps where she started to notice something is wrong with her life and talking to the Dr , all she did as you rightly described was " walking like a Zombie"
Plus, as long as they are equally significant, it's only fair to have more flash backs of her life too. They yet to show us her past without being entwined with JH. So I guess is right for JH to think that world revolves around her.

And I was struggling with the fact in ep1 that how YK was let to go free after casing such a huge accident with many casualties. Apart from being a plot-hole in the story, technically she is not the reason for JH to be in coma. If you recall
JH saw IJ and MN in the car in that over friendly state, got distrassed, used her mobile phone and unlocked her seatbelt. she was just about to stop or slow down as she saw the whole chaos in front hadn't been for the motorist and her carelessness she would have been fine. Even the schuddler told her " why are you driving when your mind is not there?"
Last edited by Issy on Apr 29th, '11, 12:08, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 29th, '11, 08:43

As for the JHJ song - it's here titled as 49 Days OST Part 7 for some time already.

I liked the way they showed Kang's thinking and his reaction. He thought he's going insane, but in fact he was sensitive over small signals and could collect them together like pieces of puzzles. He noticed even very tiny signs, and wasn't focused only on himself, this is why.
He's thought to be thick-skinned and indifferent, but it's clear that he is the most compassionate person in here.

Minho, on the other hand, is focused solely on himself and his plans. I don't buy the "I'm from a poor background and this is why I'm a jerk" excuse. Lots of people are poor. And this is one of the fundamental things in Kdramas - to show that poor people are valuable because of their character. If you don't have anything, you don't even have the greed. But if you are born with greed and want to bounce from the bottom, well... ambition can destroy any man.

And I think the fact Minho is attracted to Yikyeong has nothing in common with Jihyeon. She was a little oblivious, happy simpleton. Always generous, smiling and fluffy. She wasn't rude. He didn't love her at all.
Jihyun in Yikyung's body is totally different. She's bold, rude, scheming. And this attitude attracts Minho. Injung is his old flame, and he may be tired of her already. Plus, she has nothing more to offer, you know. She made his road easy, and now he finds her annoying and useless. Good for her, cause the vengeance of a pride-hurt woman can turn a man's life into a hell. And I hope for that.

The flashbacks of Yikyeong's past gave me shivers, seriously. I got the eerie feeling. We know her loved one is dead, and she's half-dead after that. It's really strange to see her so radiant, so happy in the past knowing what happened. And maybe Scheduler's unfinished business is to put shattered heart of Yikyeong at ease?

And I'd like them to take care of Seo Woo, the girl is getting on my nerves so bad...

Oh, and Issy mentioned the shrink... I'd like to see more of his history with Yikyeong. There's something dark and unpleasant between them.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 29th, '11, 09:03

:lol I definitely go for the Dr x YK couple by the end of the drama. I suspected same thing before but now i believe is to do with YK and her trauma after loosing YS.
I find them cute together and I love his persistence to check on YK ever night for months. unfortunately recent eps made me doubt if there are any romantic intentions on his side. I really hope that it develops further if not. because let's face it, YS/Schuddler is her story of the past.

and as for Seo Woo, poor girl, she loves Kang with no luck. but she is starting to get on my nerve too.

and I am still shipping HK with JH in YK body if the story would have allowed it. but i think there is no way :-(