Try Lying to Me - SBS 2011

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '11, 18:54

The fact of extending is not sure, I wrote to SBS agents (on the board), but I DO know how SBS handles those things. The answer about Bad Guy last year came to me after 2 months. Yeah, SBS...
I read it on one korean blog, this is why I'm not sure on Daum there are still 16 episodes.

I know fangirls can't be trusted, but on Daum, most of the comments can be shortened to 진짜 재미있어요 (really interesting).
Lot of people loved My Shining Inheritance. I hated it and couldn't watch more than 2 eps. Lots of people hate Goong. I love it. So what? Matter of taste, I guess.

Some pics

Oh, and I would like to see Manager Park taking some action. She doesn't seem to be very fond of Yunju, so let her kick the b*tch's ass!!
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jun 8th, '11, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 8th, '11, 07:31

Oooh! Episode 10 subs are out at DarkSmurfs.

Yayayayayayaya!

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 8th, '11, 11:43

Sorry for the double post, but I kinda had to do this for my own sanity :)

Live commenting on Ep. 09
I'm sorry, but can I just spazz on how much I love Manager Park?! She's awesome. Like the way she just wiped the floor with Ki Joon, telling him off like it was nothing. She's just so so so so cool. Me gusta!

Yun Ju, on the other hand drives me crazy. She just grates me. Like girl, enough is enough. But... reastically, it's not like she's doing anything wrong really. So I can't say without good conscience that she's reacting irrationally though.

I hope the denial act of Ah Jung ends soon. I don't like long acts denying. I mean go for it, the whole showing him who is boss kind of thing. But it's still dramaland, let's end this quickly okay? Because I really don't want dragging scenes. But I'm glad she's still acting like how a normal girl should react. A normal girl still in love but won't let her pride get hurt any longer. I love her!

"The cherry blossoms are gone," that was just so... cute. I mean sad, cute, but it's just so adorable that she's crying about cherry blossoms. And this is why, I love this drama so much. It's just... it's not expected that she would cry out about cherry blossoms.

The aunt, the aunt is just awesome. I really love her too. It's like she's caring for real, and not just doing things because she wants get in the way. She really cares for her two nephews and wants to do things in such a way that would make them really happy.

THAT SCENE WHEN THEY MET AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE RESORT! THAT SCENE! It's awesome, that was just an exchange of stares that made everything just so dramatic. It's charged with chemistry for sure.

Aaaah! More Manager Park! I love her, she just oozing of confidence. Me like her so so so much.

"Do you like acting?" Ooooh, interesting. And now they've been kicked out? Run after them! Manager Park kick his ass! Making my Ah Jung cry like that! GO APOLOGIZE KI JOON!

Totally loving Manager Park.

Ooh, I love this scene so much. He admits that he likes her, and instead of getting all quiet and swept up like most Korean leading ladies, she gets her anger mojo on and just makes him shut up completely.

And of course she gets lost in the woods, and of course Ki Joon panics, because that's what they do. I, however, want to see just how they twist this into something fresh, because this drama is really good at that.

And of course, he would be the only one to realize that she went that way because of the whole cellphone chain. Of course, who else would notice that?

Sprained ankle, and now she's asking for help. (I'm sorry if this is turning out into just me talking and talking about what I'm seeing, but I'm like this a lot).

Wait, she didn't have signal, but his phone did? Interesting. Maybe they didn't have the same cellphone provider. Interesting.

Hey she didn't hop on his back! I like that! That's something new. Most girls do is just generally jump on the guy. Also, I'm glad she wasn't carried by Ki Joon until now. In other dramas, it would have happened by episode 3.

Also, I like the simplicity of just letting her lean on him. It's so cute! Then he smiled, helloooo, that was just the cutest thing ever, ever, ever. Love, love, love. :)

And they made it back to the hospital? If they did, it's a round circle from when they first met. But it did not end well because she cut him off when he was trying to explain. Ah well, can't expect it to end so fast. The girl is not me after all. If it were me, (considering that a rich guy that looked like Ji Hwan likes me, dude I'd get on that moving train the minute I got the chance) I'd be honest and talk this out with him completely. Screw my pride, this is Ji Hwan we're talking about!

AAAAH! Yes, go back to Paris, leave Ki Joon! Go far, far, FAR AWAY. Yes, he doesn't like you anymore, he likes Ah Jung, so don't ever bother with Ki Joon again! And of course it's Ah Jung, it's Ah Jung! BECAUSE AH JUNG IS AWESOME.

So Ran and that Jae Bum guy, they have such a weird relationship. Just saying.

And the blinddate has to be at the World Hotel. Of course, it's going to be there. Where else could it be? I love this scene, she's speaking so loudly so that Ki Joon can hear her. It's so awesome. And Sang Hi is going to come back and fetch her? Hmmm, interesting.

I really, truly want for some sort of reaction from Ki Joon, other than the very well done act of not caring.

Yiiiii!!!! And I got it!

The ending scene of this is just too precious. ME LOVED IT SO MUCH.

Preview is a little messed up for me. It's good, but it also seems painful. And that whole Sang Hi? I feel so bad for him, but come on... it's not really your brother's fault. So let him be in love with Ah Jung okaaay?
Am now going to watch Ep. 10 XD

macross

Post by macross » Jun 8th, '11, 12:13

Yoon Ju needs to gtfo and go back to paris already omg.

Oh why did everyone get a haircut lol?

Oh man, wonder what's gonna happen in ep 11...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 8th, '11, 13:09

Tyrea wrote:People keep bashing it, saying how it's so incredibly cliche, yet, the way I see it, it uses all sorts of cliches, and just when we start thinking that it's going to be the same kdramaland stuff,
it turns the cliche (major ones) upside down and transforms it into something fresh, down to earth and something most people can understand or relate to. Which is why I have faith that the sh situation won't be handled in the typical way either.
That one got me as well. This series has realistic characters and uses the plot devices and cliches to turn things around and make them fresh. So, if anything, this is very original by Dramaland standards.
I really don't see, from a storytelling point of view, how they can find this cliche and boring. Because they keep forcing the leads together? NOW you notice that? You didn't see it in EVERY other kdrama?

I'm not against criticism or even bashing, but if you're going to do that about a work, do it with your own thoughts and without overriding your own sayings and behavior. Not cause everyone does/says the same.
It feels kind of funny that these people don't mind the forced plot devices in shows like TGL which are basically a repetition of every kdrama out there with a different cast and basic plot and mind them ONLY here.
Tyrea wrote:Also, it's amazing how many people who aren't watching it at all (goes for many other things as well, other shows, books, movies, games etc) seem so eager to bash it.
I mean are they really THAT bored, and have no other more interesting things to do in their lives? It's not that I'm against expressing one's opinion, but gee...move on.
That's exactly it. If you're going to bash something you haven't even seen, at least say that "This LOOKS like it sucks and I THINK that it might suck". Don't act like a series you don't even watch offended your delicate taste.

What I mean is, someone can like a show or not like a show. I have no problem with people not liking it, but I do have an issue with this whole "must agree with the majority" thing and not having your own brain on things.
I also have an issue with people not distinguishing between actual scenario/character/plot problems and them not liking some scenario/character/plot elements. Even if you don't like it, a plot/character might be good.

This series is well written. Character development is realistic, complex and well done. The characters are actually more than a bunch of kdrama cliches and the actors are doing a kick-ass job conveying those characters.
Now, if you find that boring and don't like it, do say it. It's your right. But don't mask "I don't like this plot" with "This plot is so badly written" just to cover your own feelings as if it's something you should be ashamed of. Say it.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jun 8th, '11, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 8th, '11, 13:13

Episode 10, livecommenting right now!
Oooh, I saw that evil look you gave her Ki Joon, you sly fox. Pretending not to care, when you obviously do.

Poor Sang Hi, always too late. I feel bad for the second lead. If they had just met girl earlier, gotten to her faster, but no it was always too late.

AND MANAGER PARK IS SO COOL WITH HER WTF IS GOING ON FACE. Seriously, I'm fangirling over this gorgeous, cool lady. This is the first time this has happened and I love her so so much. She's soooo pretty.

Ah Jung, can you blame the guy? You keep showing up everywhere, so what is he supposed to think? And now you're crying, and now I wanna hug you tight you poor poor girl. But here's Ki Joon to the rescue.

YIIIII! "I like you" she says, she's so cute. Ki Joon, if you ruin this, I swear I'll punch you... So wait, what is going on? So Ki Joon practically says, the only reason he went to Yun Ju was because he can't hurt the innocent person? And Ah Jung can't understand that? Interesting. And she goes and sits somewhere else. Hmmm, interesting indeed.

Why don't you just follow her Ki Joon? COME ON?! It's not that hard, walk and follow her. Take the steps, stop brooding near some lake.

Noooo, I don't want to see you Yu Jun. When you're dumped, have some pride and walk away, for the love everything normal and right. Don't you have some pride inside you?

Just walk away.

I've always wanted to try soju, you know? Whenever they drink it, they look like they're having so much fun. Like it tastes so very very good. Close father and daughter relationship is making me miss my own dad.

More Yun Ju, eyuck.

She better not do anything that hurts my Ah Jung, cause I will kick some serious butt.

Manager Park, kick her butt. Tell here to get out, get out of Ki Joon's life, GET OUT oF THE FREAKING COUNTRY EVEN!

But question, where are they and why is Yun Ju and Ah Jung in the same place? Are they at the resort at the moment?

I wonder why Manager Park asked Yun Ju to take a different elevator? ANYWAY, Manager Park is awesome, just plain awesome.

What is going on? AND WHY SHOULD IT NOT MAKE SENSE? Ah Jung is gorgeous! Stop deluding yourself, if you want to understand, then understand the fact KI JOON DOESN'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE. Move on, cause he doesn't like you anymore.

Ki Joon does seem to care about Yun Ju still, but I truly hope Ah Jung won't be sacrificed because of this.

Aww, Sang Hi. Poor baby, Sang Hi. Monkey stuffed toy. I wish this isn't going to be as painful as it's going to be for Sang Hi, when she and Ki Joon finally get together.

Yun Ju again, eyuck.

I have a very very bad feeling with her as she wears that ring. Like she's going to do something way way evil to my Ah Jung.

MANAGER PARK, PLEASE KICK HER.

No please, don't. Aunt please, please don't believe her. Ki Joon doesn't want to marry her!! NO AUNT DON'T BELIEVE HER! AUNT NOOOOOOOOOO! You're being manipulated. Please, noooooo.

And we go into flashback? WED DO NOT NEED A BLOODY FLASHBACK!

Aunt please fight for Ah Jung, please, please, please?

Clear it up, clear it up Ki Joon, why can't you clear it up?! You don't like Yun Jun, you like Ah Jung!? WHY WHY WHYYYY?!

GET AWAY FROM MY AH JUNG! I bet you're going to tell her that you're marrying Ki Joon, I swear. And now I hate you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is not true! You liar! YOU BIG FAT LIAR! FINALLY A REASON TO FEEL THE DISLIKE THAT'S BEEN BUILDING UP! GRRRRRR.

No, don't believe her Ah Jung. She's lying, of course she's lying.

Hmmm, I liked that you called the guy, at least now he knows that something must have happened. And from what his Aunt told him, can he deduce that Yun Ju told her that he's getting married?

YAY! I love the fact that Ki Joon came and followed her. It's so cute, this scene is just adorable. Follow her, follow her. Ilove love that he followed her.

And she left her phone.

For sure they're going to meet. Hehehehehe, now she's probably going to follow her home.

Hehehehehehe, so cute.

The five piece package is adorable, just adorable.

CLEAR IT UP PLEASE!

Noooo, don't let her go.

Aww, Sang Hi :(

Let what happen? Are you going to let her go so you're brother can be happy? Or are you going to take action so that you'll be the one with Ah Jung?

PICTURE AND VIDEO OF KI JOON ON HER PHONE. Hahahaha, Ah Jung, Ah Jung, so so so cute. I love her so very much.

Yun Ju, eyuck.

You better seriously straighten things out, Ki Joon.

Hmm, So Ran's being uncharacteristically nice to my Ah Jung.

Who is this man in a suit? SUNBAE?! THIS IS NOT GOOD. So Ran coming and seeing Sunbae at Ah Jung's home is not going to be good at all. Whatever good friendship that might appear between So Ran is going to be ruined by this Sunbae guy.

And of course I was right. Of course. I kinda feel bad for So Ran, even though she did kind of brought this upon herself.

The ring is pretty, just saying.

Yun Ju, eyuck.

I hate her so much. Worried that you might do something strange? YOU ALREADY DID SOMETHING. Idjit. And you have no right to tell Ah Jung any these things!! That's right Ki Joon, walk away, and get out of her life. Harumph.

Awww... Sang Hi :'(

I always get the shivers when they meet. Shivers in a good way. I love, love, love, their chemistry oh so much. Hihihihihi :)

And once again Chairman Jeon has played an important role in bringing them together.

Again with the married! YAY! More fakery.

WHAT?!

No she's not?!

Noooooooooooo.

What's going on?

How is this going to help?!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
How am I supposed to survive until next week? :'( Nooooo.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 8th, '11, 13:19

Jana, hon, your live recap is kinda scary. :rofl:

But you basically describe the raw feelings of the average viewer. Although, I don't find anything Ki Joon does cute anymore, while he's still being an idiot.
If anything, when he does all of these cute "let me make the viewers like me again" things, I just want to take him to the mountains and feed him to bobcats.

I kept remembering the incident in Coffee House with the wild cat so bobcats was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of how to hurt this dude. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 8th, '11, 13:46

Orion1986 wrote:Jana, hon, your live recap is kinda scary. :rofl:
I just re-read it. It is kind of scary isn't it? Like it makes no sense, unless you're actually watching the episode and reading my recap. Sorrrry for the confusion.

But I totally had fun typing this out. It was a place to express what I was feeling. And I had no other place to post it but here. XD
Orion1986 wrote:But you basically describe the raw feelings of the average viewer. Although, I don't find anything Ki Joon does cute anymore, while he's still being an idiot.
If anything, when he does all of these cute "let me make the viewers like me again" things, I just want to take him to the mountains and feed him to bobcats.

I kept remembering the incident in Coffee House with the wild cat so bobcats was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of how to hurt this dude. XD
Ki Joon is being an idiot, seriously. But I don't know... It's like I can understand the guy. I don't know, I guess I just know a lot of guys like that. It just seems realistic, how he would react.
It makes sense to me that of course he doesn't want to hurt a very close friend of his. Of course he wants to help her out, because they've been friends for so long as well. I mean, he had only just met Ah Jung, so realistically, it makes sense that he wants to protect Yun Ju first right? But he is being clear with Yun Ju. That he likes someone else, that he likes Ah Jung now. I'm just saying he better clear things up with Ah Jung as well before it's too late, but it makes sense with how he is treating Yun Ju. Because they must have been friends before they got together right? They must have grew up together as friends. Personally, I would want to make sure that I want to help my childhood friend, because of loyalty issues.

I however draw the line in pretending to care for her, when he obviously likes someone else. But I don't think he has done any of that. He's been really obvious that he likes Ah Jung so far right to both Yun Ju and Ah Jung? Or did I miss something?
Or maybe I'm just being irrational because I'm such a new crazy fangirl of Ji Hwan.

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 8th, '11, 15:07

after watching ep 10 it makes you just anticipate what would happen to ah jung and gi joon on ep 11. i dont understand why gi joon denied the fake marriage with ah jung in front of all those big people in ah jungs life. yun ju disgusts me(but this is a very typical korean portrayal of the villain girl in a romantic series, this pattern just repeats from stairway to heaven, lol). i really liked yoon hye's acting prowess its just excellent. honestly compared to local dramas here in PI i would still prefer koreans(just my 2 cents...)

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 8th, '11, 17:18

I'm somewhat agreeing with Jana about Ki Joon.
After all, the feelings that Ki Joon is having towards Ah Jung are fresh and he probably had a few episodes ago still some feelings left for Yun Ju. And you know if you've once been in love with someone it's not so easy to forget that person even if years go by. So, while he's trying to sort out what he's truly feeling, he wants to protect Yun Ju first because he has already hurt her once before. But actually in last few episodes he has bit by bit realized that he's really in love with Ah Jung and only feeling apologetic towards Yun Ju. Also, I think Ki Joon was feeling insecure about Ah Jung's feelings because their "relationship" kind of started with lies and pretending. I don't think Ki Joon is being ass deliberately. I think Ki Joon is already thinking that he has made wrong moves thanks to Manager Park. Her yelling at Ki Joon was awesome. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 8th, '11, 19:34

Well, I do understand Hyeon Gijun as well. He's been in love, true, they had a bad break up and finally he started to love again. But still, the feelings linger, and this is why he's so passive sometimes in his actions.

Yunju, on the other hand, I don't know. She's clingy, that's a fact, but maybe, slight maaaaybe she started to grow some conscience? I have no idea what she was thinking - that nothing can change within 3 years? Only in Glen Medeiros' song, girl! She said that about Seoul few eps back - that it didn't change at all, and Gijun had this strange face saying that everything's changed. Yunju acts as if she owned him, his feelings and even his right to change. She came back after 3 years, hoping time stood still and didn't move a centimeter. This is self-centredness. "Yeah, I'm the same, so EVERYONE is the same, cause I can serve as a paradygm for it!". What a stupid way of thinking is that? This is a denial.

Manager Park is pure awesomeness. That's all.

And they left the Aunt asking about Ajeong like that? Wondering why they didn't let them talk right away.

And to answer Sanghi's question:
oh boy, you know why you will always lose? Cause you are playing with a teddy bear, and not with cola! At some point in life, women start to prefer Cuba Libre over a teddy.

macross

Post by macross » Jun 9th, '11, 04:30

Auntie will prob come in and save the day in the end, cause she know's who he really likes, based on her test.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '11, 16:36

Lie To Me OST Part 4
Enjoy^^

But you know, this drama is not even half as bad as the train-wreck Marry Me Mary, so I don't understand the fangirls complaints. Oh yes, Jihwan doesn't flaunt his S-line every second shot, maybe this is the reason, yess... To praise MMM and criticize LTM is just... (put any adjective/noun/idiom/whatever).

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 10th, '11, 05:42

Haven't commented in d-addicts for a while, but YES I am watching Lie To Me and enjoying it. I've seen so many dramas like it, cliche whatever you call it. But to me, the characters' chemistry keeps me glued to the drama.

It's a mix of Full House (Contract Marriage), My Girl (Lie) and Lovers In Paris (Brothers fighting for the same girl). I love Yoon Eun Hye's spunky character. She may act unreasonable in some situations but understand her character, her actions make sense. Yoon Eun Hye has improved her crying scenes even more than Coffee Prince.

I'm also watching the other trendies besides this one and enjoying all of them on their own. Lie to Me is not supposed to be that deep but a sweet romcom that's familiar and works. The leads especially YEH and Kang Ji Hwan has amazing chemistry. Dang that's the most real kissing scenes I've seen in a Kdrama happening early on.

I'm also a follower of Dramabeans. Though, that doesn't mean I agree with everything she says. She dropped Lie To Me to watch Miss Ripley and while Lee Da Hae is one of my favorites since My Girl, Miss Ripley is toooooo heavy to watch and got bored with the first episode. Why? Because who would want to keep watching a person suffer and suffer like there's no tomorrow. Ahhh someone give LDH a romcom drama or something lighter.

@janajee:

Haha I hate Yoon Ju too. I really don't understand those types of girls especially in Kdramas who keep clinging to the "don't care about you anymore" boyfriend. I mean he gave you the "message", he's up front about it. BELIEVE IT, and have some dignity. What's the point of telling other ppl that she and Ki Joon are going to get married soon when he literally said I don't like you. I mean everyone's going to find out that he dumped you when you're in church alone and others wondering it's a lie. Yup have some dignity and straighten out your head. 2nd female lead always leaves and expects to be OK with their bf after 3 years. Arrogant much. Did she even contact him in those 3 years.

Offtopic a bit:

Or if she wanted to watch melodrama, then watch Can You Hear My Heart. While it's a tearjerker, the angsty scenes actually makes sense and not ingrated into the viewers head that the lead has a tough life because she just does. Most of my favorite tearjerkers are those with a slice of life twist where you feel for the character, not because all bad situations provoke the character to keep being sad. Life is not always full of angst and crying, there's always a happy scenario to balance it. Unless you're a human who feels joy getting in tough situations then that would be because of their stupid decisions in life who I only pity but not sympathize with.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '11, 15:54

Interview with Kang Jihwan from yesterday's Midnight TV Entertainment:
Small version
Large version

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jun 12th, '11, 20:39

About episode 10, which I just got done watching:
I so thought ah jung was going to own up to the lie, then Gi Jun would come in and say, "Wait, yes we are married!". But that totally didn't happen. Instead she continued on and he says "no..." .

However, something tells me he IS going to say they are engaged and soon to be married. That would be the perfect save for that part, I think. And it would give him brownie points from me!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 13th, '11, 09:00

Ethlenn wrote: And to answer Sanghi's question:
oh boy, you know why you will always lose? Cause you are playing with a teddy bear, and not with cola! At some point in life, women start to prefer Cuba Libre over a teddy.
Exactly that!! 100%. And if a girl still goes for the teddy she must be a delusional girly that'll act like Soran or whatever her name is ;) This drama for a change I'm not rooting for the 2nd lead at all. He acts just like a spoilt little kid and what's with the "I'm the fairy godmother helping you" I mean has he never watched any drama? Shouldn't men by now know that the always gentle helper will lose out in the end cause they're boring and stale like decaf coffee? Ahem...just had to say that. Sanghi's really been annoying for me lately ;)

Not so KJ. True he could explain himself to Ahjung better but apart from that, imo he acted pretty natural. As others said, if the love of your life comes back after a long time while you've just found yourself falling for that other girl who is tbh pretty out of his usual target range, who wouldn't hesitate and waver? The reason why I really like his character is cause he does play with open cards. He told his Ex that he's in love and also that they're over. Waiting for her to accept the situation is a wrong move and will only make it hard for everybody involved. But then, after a long time relationship ofc you would want to do anything to make it easier for the one you're throwing away ;)
And I also think KJ is about to realize that he can't just be mr nice to everybody if he doesn't want to see ahjung getting hurt only.
Also excited to see how the aunt will deal with Ahjung, she's not in KJ's league at all so I guess we'll see some typical kdrama family resistance ;)

And about the manager, I somehow think she's a bit too awkward. Doesn't she have the hots for KJ, too. But she acts like only friends and keeps in the back. She is awsome for speaking her mind to him like that, but then why act so reserved all the time?? I just can't get to like her. ^^

Can't wait to see ep 11...hopefully they'll get rid of Soran and the annyoing sunbae and focus on the main quartet.

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 13th, '11, 15:52

Ethlenn wrote:Interview with Kang Jihwan from yesterday's Midnight TV Entertainment:
Small version
Large version
ethlenn do you know any forums or sites that subs midnight tv entertainment. i would be thankful if you can give me a hint. thank you.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 13th, '11, 17:04

Not that I'm aware of any. Probably not. Too bad, this one and Section TV doesn't get subs at all.

And I have to agree with Ara (again), I had problems warming up to Sanghi and I thought it was only my problem. I couldn't care less about his issues, really. At first he was just hanging out with Ahjung hoping for, I don't know, something? Even though she treated him like a dongsaeng and nothing more (well, at her best, to be fair)? Second leads should lose all that I'm-your-protector-from-the-evil-alpha-male attitude and act not like a godmother, but as a rival, if they want to be taken seriously. Like in Que Sera Sera, ie. There wasn't just a typical male that wanted to protect the lady, it was a deeper thing.

This is why Gijun is more natural - at firs hormones kicked in, and he felt physically attracted to her, but then he developped a real feelings. Relationship is not building a glass cover around the people you love, but go through whatever life brings,with that person, not hiding.

Archie^^

Post by Archie^^ » Jun 13th, '11, 18:56

*lol m completely jobless* just read the all the posts from page 16 on....

@ jana : ur live recaps are much better than dramabeans's recaps! love them!!!!

cant wait for ep 11 to finish d-loading!! really hope therez some more intense stare-fest here!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 13th, '11, 19:30

Nice episode, but I find Ae Jung way too forgiving. He didn't do anything substantial, although I have to wait for subs.
So Ran was hilarious. I'm really liking her less over-the-top, but still b*tchy attitude. She's a comic relief but a nice one.

And also, I need subs for the english parts as well. My God, Ji Hwan. I'd have an easier time understanding Klingon than your "english". XD
If an actor is not good with a language, be smart about it and don't force them to use it. Saves them and our poor ears a lot of stress.

macross

Post by macross » Jun 14th, '11, 13:49

Soo Ran's quivering lips are always funny to look at lol

Damn right yoon joo gtfo. Should just settle for sang hi or something.

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 14th, '11, 15:05

Orion1986 wrote:And also, I need subs for the english parts as well. My God, Ji Hwan. I'd have an easier time understanding Klingon than your "english". XD
If an actor is not good with a language, be smart about it and don't force them to use it. Saves them and our poor ears a lot of stress.

i truly agree with you in this one @Orion1986....ji hwan's english is very bad they should not have let him use english. he was fluent in japanese and chinese but it he was bad with english. lol.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 15:13

And if you have to use it (since, apparently, Korean clients aren't as fancy as Americans and Japanese), at least find one person that knows it well and have them take the actor through it.
He can learn the few lines phonetically. Meaning, copying the sound. These are talented people. They can learn some sounds by heart if you train them. Heck, he even did ok with Russian.

But I guess it's too expensive to bring in 1 friggin' Korean-American to spend a grand total of half an hour and teach 1 actor a few lines. Dramas are way too cheap with such things. :roll

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 14th, '11, 15:17

@Archie; thanks. I hope it was fun and understandable enough. Next time, I'll actually say what's happening, instead of just the raw emotions, because you know... that time I just wrote what was on my mind.

@Ate Ori, HE CAN PICK ME! I'll teach him for free. I'll do anything for free if it's him. Kekekekekkekeke :) I'll even pay him to let me teach him.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 15:22

I share your sentiments, Jana, wuv. :wub:

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 14th, '11, 15:44

Orion1986 wrote: That one got me as well. This series has realistic characters and uses the plot devices and cliches to turn things around and make them fresh. So, if anything, this is very original by Dramaland standards.
I really don't see, from a storytelling point of view, how they can find this cliche and boring. Because they keep forcing the leads together? NOW you notice that? You didn't see it in EVERY other kdrama?

I'm not against criticism or even bashing, but if you're going to do that about a work, do it with your own thoughts and without overriding your own sayings and behavior. Not cause everyone does/says the same.
It feels kind of funny that these people don't mind the forced plot devices in shows like TGL which are basically a repetition of every kdrama out there with a different cast and basic plot and mind them ONLY here.
it's because it doesn't cater to their fantasies. no coldhearted but sweet deep inside guy to have a crush on (or angelic goodie two shoes bleeding for the heroine), just a normal man with flaws. no life-changing one true love to conquer everything, lasting forever, but regular attraction leading to something more. and of course no excitement/hilarity/heartbreak all the time. remove that and you get "glaring flaws".

a clever use of cliches is to use them but never make you feel bored or annoyed, but it's also clever to use them and transform them into something different. even more so. it's not that i think that this is a super smart or witty show, but the characters actually feel like people you might know, they resolve and dwell on their issues in ways that normal people do, and not with constant epic unrealistic stupidity/angst.
Orion1986 wrote: That's exactly it. If you're going to bash something you haven't even seen, at least say that "This LOOKS like it sucks and I THINK that it might suck". Don't act like a series you don't even watch offended your delicate taste.

What I mean is, someone can like a show or not like a show. I have no problem with people not liking it, but I do have an issue with this whole "must agree with the majority" thing and not having your own brain on things.
I also have an issue with people not distinguishing between actual scenario/character/plot problems and them not liking some scenario/character/plot elements. Even if you don't like it, a plot/character might be good.

This series is well written. Character development is realistic, complex and well done. The characters are actually more than a bunch of kdrama cliches and the actors are doing a kick-ass job conveying those characters.
Now, if you find that boring and don't like it, do say it. It's your right. But don't mask "I don't like this plot" with "This plot is so badly written" just to cover your own feelings as if it's something you should be ashamed of. Say it.
lol @delicate taste. well it makes them feel and appear...smart? actually what annoys me the most (but i may be imagining things, haven't been able to sleep properly for more than 2 weeks) is the condescending vibe i've been getting from many of such comments. like, this show is so badly written, the story is going nowhere (I lol each time at this one since they've been repeating it like a broken record since hmm ep 3?), and i'm so smart to get it, unlike all of you fangirls who can't see past the make-out session. seriously, ego trippin' over a rom com soap? intellectually??? :roll some of them apparently also enjoy provoking fangirls with such comments. now that's a really smart thing to do. oh well, i gave up on reading them...

btw i didn't realize that manager park is actually the singer who sang sung in shik. it was a real discovery for me :-)

i haven't seen ep11 yet, but i'm guessing ah jung gave in too easily because after all she has no experience with men and he's the first guy to ever treat her like that. as for english...well i'm guessing that most people there can't tell if it's bad english or not, so it makes no difference for them. and as for SH, eh he's just a spoiled brat who needs to grow up. it happens when you've been pampered all of your life ^^;

edit: uh, so i've just read that they changed the writer starting with ep11??? have yet to see it but don't like it :/
edit2: nvm, i wouldn't be surprised if it was the sort of rumor/hoax like with the writer asking people if they want kj to end up with yj (which was such a stupid rumor).also, seems that both started on soompi and then spread, so 'nuff said.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 20:51

I don't know if they did, but so far, 11 and 12 were epic. The cute is back and Ki Joon made some long time coming corrections to his mess. We laughed non-stop for almost all of episode 12.

And the actors are what make it amazing, not the script by itself, in these two episodes. They are really giving it their all. I'm loving this series so much, honestly. And some say it's worse than MMM.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 14th, '11, 22:04

You, what, really? Someone said that? MMM??
Oh, I do get the point. No S-line flashing. No hair curly wurly... but acting! Oh man...

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 14th, '11, 23:25

lol i love the implied facepalm, i'm so stealing it

i've just finished watching ep11.
gawd i just loved the dorkiness. and how they poked fun at some previous scenes and u-turns in general, hilarious.i think i was either laughing or had a stupid smile on my face throughout almost all the ep. the last scene was too much for my taste (or rather the setting, not the dialogue) but it should make many of the complaining fangirls swoon. oh and i loved, loved the music throughout all the ep, it complemented every scene so perfectly.
the acting is superb, they're really giving it their all and totally enjoying it. it was really fun watching them enjoy themselves so much. the older ones too. sh and yj are exceptions but i'm ignoring them for the time being :P
btw i love the actor who's playing jae bum, ryu seung su, he's so good imo. i've loved him ever since i saw evasive inquiry agency, and at first i sort of felt sorry that he got such an ungrateful role/character, but he's actually perfect for it :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 15th, '11, 04:17

His acting him look so pathetic and weak and I guess his entire "office clerk" look helps. Good choice indeed. He's fun.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 15th, '11, 11:57

Seen the ep 11 and 12 now. I don't know about others but damn how well Ji Hwan acted being in love with Ah Jung. All his expressions... woah, just woah. It was so natural.

I also love how this isn't going overdramatic: (not yet at least)
For example in many other dramas it would have been obvious that Ki Joon would have ended up to that family dinner at the end of ep 12, but not here. He just followed his heart. Honestly I already thought he was going for the sake of extra drama but he didn't. I just love how this series breaks some drama plot cliches.

Though, the whole mess of revealing the fake marriage to Chairman Chen was to get extra difficulties for the next episodes. I didn't see any other reasons for it. Ki Joon could have just said that they weren't married yet and it would have been clear with that.
Only thing I didn't like at ep 11-12 was "taking it slowly" but I guess they had to slow down, not to run out of ideas before last episode. It's just that I don't want them to take slowly! :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 15th, '11, 12:53

Ep 11 was overromantic as for me, but nevertheless a nice one.
I was 100% sure he will attend the dinner. And I was so happy he didn't. But that may cause more problems with this Chinese investor. Unless Gijun can say that he's engaged to Ahjeong, so the lie was actually a small one.
Yunju is pathetic. When a man says that she's not longer in front of his eyes, he's not saying her to wait, but to give up. Love comes and goes, deal with that.
Sanghi's scene, on the other hand, felt so off from the course of the drama. It was pure cliche - drunken, wanting to be hit guy crying over a picture/drawing/image on the waves...

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 15th, '11, 13:30

@ethlenn hello do you know were we can download the song played at episode 12...the one with the "pouring rain" lyrics on it...thanks if you can tell me. i loved this episode. lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 15th, '11, 15:10

I believe you are referring to this song:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ONgoF5e6cM" frameborder="0"></iframe>
1. 보고싶다고 말해도 이젠 안되겠죠
그리워하면 할수록 나만 다치겠죠

괜찮아요 그대 my love 남겨진 추억만으로 아파도 웃게 되니까

you are my love 어떻게 그댈 잊고 살아가요 아직도 죽을만큼 그리운데
눈부셨던 우리의 사랑을 두고 내가 어떻게 떠나요

2. 눈치도 없이 눈물이 울컥 쏟아져요
바쁜 하루도 그대를 밀어내지 못해

어떤가요 그대 my love 하루도 단 한 순간도 정말 그립지 않나요

you are my love 어떻게 그댈 잊고 살아가요 아직도 죽을 만큼 그리운데
눈부셨던 우리의 사랑을 두고 내가 어떻게 떠나요

Bridge
사랑해 사랑해~ 이말 꼭 하고 싶은데 가슴만 치네요
왜 몰랐을까요 왜 못했을까요 이제는 하고 싶어도 할 수가 없는 말 you are my love

3.you are my all 어떻게 그대 없이 살아가요 이렇게 아무것도 못하는데
기억하나 버리지 못하는 내가 그댈 어떻게 잊어요
source
I put Lie To Me OST Part 4 in this very thread, look for yourself.

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 15th, '11, 15:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsHllZ7JzI

im referring to the first 2 minutes of the series. where they stare at each other at the balcony of the hotel. i already have kim yeon woo's song and its different. lol. i just like the song. thats all. lol. thanks you very much.[/spoiler]

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 16th, '11, 15:48

Orion1986 wrote:His acting him look so pathetic and weak and I guess his entire "office clerk" look helps. Good choice indeed. He's fun.
Yup! Honestly, what I love about him the most (in general), is that he has comedy in his veins. He rocks the serious/melo scenes too, but with comedy he is at home and so genuinely funny (something that perhaps doesn't come across much here). I absolutely love the korean sense of humor because unlike western humor it makes me laugh out loud, but more often than not there is some affectation present. This guy just pulls it all without obvious affectation because he's naturally funny. Heck I start smiling by just seeing his face :lol Ji Hwan also has comedy in his veins, though in a different way, and I love him the most when he's being funny. Or mad. When he's mad the only thing missing is fire coming out of his nostrils :lol

As for ep12, it was too romantic/cheesy for me too, but i'm a cynical/bitter old hag. i guess i have to take back that the show doesn't cater to female fantasies. it does now, with everything including the voice. it was really funny though, especially ji hwan's expressions and
the drinking scene. i watched it 4 times in row :lol i think it was the most hilarious scene in the whole series. well that and ki jun's "yeobo" in hm ep4?
btw it seems that the writer was really changed. but i don't know if it's "creative differences" or "health problems", since both were mentioned. however it was stated they're keeping the story the way it was imagined by the 1st writer.

edit: just a random comment. i find it both funny and sad how they embraced the western classical music as something so cool and leet, yet disregard their own traditional/classical music to such an extent.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 17th, '11, 15:58

Live commenting on Ep 11 starts now!
So the episode starts with Ki Joon acting all "No I'm not married" and me going, you better have some really good reason for doing this, or I'll be kicking your bum all across this room. What the? I'm confused. What happened? So what did the boss think? That they're divorced? Seriously? What? Stop confusing me show! What are these two old men thinking?!

And now they're eating lunching together, and it's all confusing, seriously, for me.

And they decide to talk about it outside, and Ki Joon's so cuuuute, going all I'll never make you lie again! We're going to start from the very beginning. He's soooo cute! I like how he's being so forceful, and she's all take your offer and shove off. They're both just infuriated with each other.

So... it's husband and So Ran... What? So she said goodbye. Oh, she ran away? She has a blog? A facebook like thing. Hmm, side story, not so important.

They're in a meeting and Ki Joon calls. What I can't understand is how when in a meeting no one puts their phones on silent? Oh she just did.

And now, Ah Jung has to go to Jeju island.

Ki Joon! So happy, and she's such a sly little thing going all playing hard to get. I love it. I love how it's not angsty and painful for Ki Joon and Ah Jung, because it's just coming out as a fun thing for the both of them. She's playing hard to get, but it's obvious that Ki Joon only has to work hard enough to be with him. Yiiii :) Happy-happy-happy.

SHE'S SO CUTE! How she smiled before she answered the phone, and how she smirked when they stopped talking. And how he just appeared where she was, and how he said he'll escort her. And the name thing again.

AAAAAH, with the song thing, and the lipsync thing, it's so cute. I love it so very muchos.

And of course the darn rich person calls a helicopter. Rich person going on his own whims. The dork, but he cancels it and decides to ride the boat instead, apparently.

AAAAH, Manager Park! I really get the little girly giggles when she's around. Hmmmmm, I may just be a little concerned that she may backstab my Ki Joon... but of course she's not. She's too cool and awesome to do that. Yea, kick those darn directors bum! I love you.

Ah back to my fave couple, and OF COURSE he's sea sick. Hehehehehe, and now he has a huge limo to take them places. I have a stupid smile on my face right now. He's so cute, and now it's the shaking cola kiss flashback. Then the carrying flashback. He's so cute how he's acting, I love him so so much.

Picture taking and talking about things. Hmmm, it's so obvious that she's just pretending to play hard to get. And she's just so surprised with everything that he keeps doing for her.

You need him, just ask for it.

Are they sharing a room? Are they? Are they? I WAAANT!

No, they're not. Aww.

Well they ought to share a room soon enough.

But how he acted when he's all, I'm too busy and tired, I can't go with you. What a prima donna.

But of course he accompanies her, and he proceeds to win the hearts of everyone there. As for his english... meh, living in a country where English is not the main language, I've heard worse.

No... why are we here? Can we go back to my main leads now? Ooooh, is that Kimchi? I miss eating those. Aww, dad and dad's special friend are having a special moment. Get together already, you two oldies.

Hahaha, hyung-dude, looks so pathetic.

Aww, Sang Hi. I liked it better when I didn't feel like he was falling for Ah Jung. I liked it so much better when they're just being friends, than this quasi-friend-crush thing going on.

Anyway, more of my baby leads.

So Ran having a drink on her own acting all depressed, meh, she's crazy. It's actually kind of adorable, in her own messed up way. Ah Jung needs better friends, honestly, she really does. Hahahahahaha, of course she just happens to be in the same resort as So Ran.

I thought only VVIP people are supposed to stay there?

They're talking about what happened at the Ah Jung's house, and Ki Joon comes out and saves the day. At least this misunderstanding doesn't have to drag out anymore.

Plus, Ki Joon just looked sexy.

Hmmm, three old people eating and drinking together. Hmmm, how is this going to turn out, seriously? What is what? Is it love or friendship... Yeah, I'd like to know that answer too.

Blah, Yun Ju. I seriously don't like her.

Aunt, what are you doing? Why are you talking and hanging out with Yun Ju? What are you planning? I'm so used to older female figures getting in the way of my leads, that I don't know whether I can trust Aunt. It's too scary.

Ah my leaads!

So Ran's also kind of pretty.

Hahaha, asking if they're dating, and duh, of course they are. Hmmm, flashback on Yun Ju, bleh, but they're so cute together. He's so cuuuuuuute. I love him.

I demand a kiss! Can we get that? Is it too early in the episode? Why did you leaaave, Ah Jung? I wish they just share a room already.

Oooh, Ki Joon, you perv. Hahahahahhahaha! So cute, peeking into her room like that.

Did you come here because of me? NO?!

Alright, much cuter answer. I came for me.

Hmmm, they talked about the lie concocted, and meh, I don't really have an opinion, but that's gotta hurt kinda for Ki Joon to think that all Ah Jung wanted was to elevate her status that's why she started it. I'm thinking this should be revisited, and talked about lengthily some more.

Why do you have to go in so early, Ki Joon? TALK MORE! Nooooooo. Of course she can't sleep. You know what would be an awesome sleeping method? ;) Getting yourself tired from... certain excercises!

Next day.

They go golfing together, he touched her cheek.

DUDE, how dare you make her walk like that? Meanie! Anyway, now they're getting up again. Dude she just sat down and now you keep going again! How is this wooing her, you big doofus!

I giggled at the suggestive terms.

Sang Hi and Yun Ju.

I shrug at them, I give them a huge shrug of shrugness.

Jeju Island is like a mother.

And they all walk away.

I'm happy for her, but now can we just get back to the leads love blossoming? Please?

Stupid smile getting bigger now. She's talking about her mom. And he's talking about his parents. And they're getting so much closer to each other. Me like it.

And who here is happy that they're wearing matching shirts in that scene? I like it, like it! Heheheh.

Ooooh, pretty dress, and they go on a dinner date, yay! More lead time. Can you accept it? OF COURSE YOU CAN.

Hehehe, penguin Ki Joon. They're matching again. She's totally pretty. And Ki Joon went out with this date. He's all romantic and rich. Darn rich guy, wooing people with all of his riches.

You know, look at that! She's very impressed with what he did for her this night. Most Korean dramas would have the girl all high and mighty by now, like what are you trying to do, buying me or something? HOW RUDE OF YOU, I LOVE YOU NO MORE!

Normal girl reaction is swept up from under her feet, and that's exactly what she's doing right now. Being swept up, it's gorgeous, she's gorgeous, and this is just real.

Kiss? Is there a kiss now? Give me more than a forehead kiss please! Aww, Ki Joon is such a cutie patootie.

Kiss?!

WHAT?! WHY DID YOU - take it slow???! Show you are such a tease, made me hope so much for a kiss, only to take it away. But him saying that he will only have eyes for her forever, I'm like awww, you big baby Ki Joon.

You in love doofus.

WHAT THE? What the heck is she doing here? Seriously? I mean, that's just... blegh.

Preview is a mixed emotion for me.
Ep. 12 next :)

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '11, 16:13

Oh Jana, please don't stop!! You are making the history of DA!! :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '11, 16:48

Ahaha. This is about as close as it gets to hearing a person's thoughts. We'd need futuristic thought tracking and translating high-tech to get this. Love it! :lol

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 19th, '11, 11:24

I'm going on a Lie To Me marathon and gaaaaaaaad... if i don't have to sleep and work i'll be watching this straight up to episode 12. I'm behind since i'm still on episode 7, but i'm dying here. i guess i missed seeing Eun Hye in her crazy acting still and nonetheless paired up with an epic actor. sheez... and why am i falling for that second lead??? i'm not much of a second lead fan but here, it's just killing me more!!!

btw, who among you love the ost? I must hug Ethleen for posting it here in the thread. :cheers: my ears go prickly when specific scenes are shown and the OST is inserted... reminds me of how nice the coffee prince OST was embedded in the whole drama.

I couldn't help but post this here, I wanted to laugh and swoon at the same time while watching this in episode 5: That awkward moment.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 19th, '11, 22:37

had to share this spoiler pic because it's really funny

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '11, 07:14

More of that is fine by me. I'm dying for more of these two together!

Also, another pic...
Of course they want to take pictures of you. Have you seen yourself in a mirror?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '11, 10:54

But he didn't apply enough of hair gel (or whatever), so he has to run!
Oh, another father - Gijun duel? Me likes, keke. Drinking was hilarious.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 20th, '11, 23:23

Am I the only one getting bored with this drama?
Honestly, it's getting hard to only watch this for the main couple's chemistry. LOL although the drinking scene in 12 was hilarious indeed ;)

freack

Post by freack » Jun 21st, '11, 09:39

Am I the only one getting bored with this drama?
Same here..I am losing my interest day by day ..anyway lets hope Sang Hi and Yung Ju to be together and leave the main couple alone:)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 21st, '11, 09:58

Same thing happened to me with The Greatest Love. It's a matter of tastes, I guess. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 10:12

Hmm... last episode bored me as well, but I guess I will end this anyway.

Au contraire - I'm dying (bad joke) to see the next epiosde of Greatest Love, keke...

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jun 21st, '11, 10:28

Two major stars can not always carry the show. I believe you have to have good supporting characters. Coffee Prince, Coffee House, Secret Garden, Prosecutor Princess and Harvest Villa had much more to offer in supporting cast. I still watch the drama, just that I am enjoying City Hunter and Romance Town better.

freack

Post by freack » Jun 21st, '11, 12:11

Maybe it is because two main cast are together ..no break ups no pain or whatever as we used to watch in other dramas.. dunno :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 21st, '11, 12:40

Orion1986 wrote:Same thing happened to me with The Greatest Love. It's a matter of tastes, I guess. :lol
LOL that bored me from the start but as I kept watching, I fell hard for Cha ahjusshi's slapsticky character and even the Pasta woman I used to dislike is growing on me. Still think that show's side characters are bad alltogether but at least the script and the jokes seem fresh and make me eager to finally catch up with it again.

With Lie to me it's just that the recycle every other clichee which I still liked in the beginning cause they did use some un-dramalike turns and some lovely/hawt kissing scenes but ever since that coke kiss. the drama's become senseless for me. it's just the long and winding road through all the obstacles in their way until they can finally be happy ever after -bleh. Did they change the writer in this drama, too? I miss the freshness of the first eps.

The only drama I really enjoy at the moment is City Hunter. By now I'm even glad they didn't take much more than the name from the manga ;)

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 21st, '11, 16:04

i sense episode 14 would be some kind of mix comedy and tragic scenes. i just hope they do more comedy than the tragic part. lol. anyway do we have updates on part 5 of the Lie to me OST??? i love the pouring rain song but i still cant find it. its not kim yeon woo's youre my love song its a more lively song. hehehe. i hope someone uploads some new OST's for this series. take care.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 21st, '11, 16:07

Check out yooneunhye.net. Someone posted the song there. And the artist name. I think it will be in Ost.7.

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 21st, '11, 16:49

thank you but i already found the file thanks to youtube. well for anyone who wants to download it here's the youtube link with download link from 4shared.com for mediafire... http://www.mediafire.com/?crxw5q9z226r3am
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vDI8IaeqJFk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 21st, '11, 16:50

@ethlenn can youp lease teach me how to post the youtube video link with image here in d-addicts. thank you very much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 17:03

You don't post link from the browser, but under the video on YT there is a button "share". Click on it, a drop-down menu appears. Choose "embed", copy the code and post everywhere you please^^

PS. I modified your post in order to put the video, hope it's ok^^

ralphconradd

Post by ralphconradd » Jun 21st, '11, 17:15

oh ok. its that simple. lol. now i know. thank you very much. i was surprised to see the video itself on ym post. hehehe.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jun 21st, '11, 17:21

I think this would have been a great Japanese Drama (9 - 11 episodes). Love the two stars, just not a 16 episode drama.
I am trying to talk the wife into traveling to Jeju next year, we visited Busan this year. I just want to walk around the Shineville Resort, that is probably all I can afford.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '11, 08:31

OK, episode 14 made no sense at all... Comparing to this one, Greatest Love is a peak of intellectual activity. How they screw such nice series up?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 22nd, '11, 12:18

I'm still enjoying this, myself. Well, my mom too. Lol. Two actors I like, some nice characters. Very well written. The characters are good, just not the plot.
But I'm still enjoying it. Same with Babyfaced Beauty. Light, and I pass the time. Which is why I dropped TGL for now. It stopped being as it started off.

Matter of taste, expectations, tolerance for the negative, if the good are to one's liking etc.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 24th, '11, 15:00

Eh i have to agree with ethlenn :/ To be honest, I liked the 1st writer and her realistic vibe more. The moment the second writer stepped in, the drama started pleasing wide audiences more, and the characters who up to that point were more than the typical 2d rom com characters somehow ended up being...simple. It's not that I'm not enjoying it cause I am, kjh and yeh are doing a fabulous job (i've even become a yeh fan) and their interactions are nothing short of amazing, but I would have really, really loved seeing the 1st writer work (i wish there was a book). One can ocassionally see the sparks of the 1st writer's vision of characters, but the 2nd one went too fast with the leads, and neglected all the others.I think the 1st writer's intention was to offer a more mature show than the typical rom com, and the 2nd writer ruined that intention. She also seems bipolar to me. I really love her odd episodes (I was smiling or laughing all the time with ep 11 and 13), and find even episodes too much in some aspects. With the last one, she tried to give us too much cuteness while dealing with serious stuff, and then she dealt with the serious stuff (and everything else) poorly, as if she was just trying to get rid of it asap (or to be more exact, like she didn't care). I ended up feeling like it was crammed when in reality it wasn't, I guess it seemed....random? I'm hoping she'll make up for this ep in the last two. Or at least one.

The acting in the last ep was the direct opposite, top-notch. Which is why this time I really felt sorry for jh and yeh :/ Their acting saved this episode from being as horrible as it would have been with lesser actors. Oh and I loved the drunk Gi Jun, it was so hilarious and well played.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '11, 20:13

V.A Lie To Me OST

And I guess this is my last post, I really feel no need to watch the remaining episodes, wven though there are only 2 of them. Secret Garden syndrome, yesh, yesh...

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jun 27th, '11, 20:52

Wow Ethlenn you are cut throat!

You didn't even finish secret garden?!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '11, 21:38

"Cut throat" is my middle name.
Yes, I never bothered to finish SG either. Disconnected to the story, characters, everything. LTM has exactly the same value for me.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jun 29th, '11, 16:40

Well this fizzled out...the second writer sucked.

I know the first six eps were semi slow...but up to ep 10, I felt like they were building on something that was going to become really good at the end...

...then the producers didn't ride it out and give it a chance and pulled the switch right before the epicness happened. The new writer changed the flow and took it in a different direction and it just never clicked.

Sucks because Yoon Eun-hye is awesome.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 29th, '11, 18:00

I have to agree on that. The problem with this series and the first writer was that it was realistic. The characters felt real and as a result, the story was "boring".
People are so used to kdrama being cliche and characters being so fake that they just can't handle having to think or relate what goes on with real life. So, it's boring.

The second writer attempted to throw in cuteness and angst, but threw too much of it and too erratically, squeezing way too many things in the few episodes she had.
So, the characters lost that realistic touch and started acting more psycho. Thankfully, the actors are amazing enough to have salvaged the situation with their great work.

I am not saying this was an awesome series, but it was well-written. You could tell the original story was solid and if not for botch job filming and changing writers, it would have been lovely.
I also think people expected too much because of the cast. But a crew that hasn't done anything amazing and a first time writer were completely overlooked. Of course it wouldn't be top shelf.

I personally enjoyed it, I got some nice performances, some likable characters, a little freshness in kdrama cliche land. I was not disappointed at all by it cause I got what I wanted from it.
And I highly disagree with comparisons to MMM. MMM was badly written. The story had nothing in it to understand. LTM was WELL written, but fangirl brains don't like to overwork themselves.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jun 29th, '11, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '11, 18:14

As you said, I enjoyed the first part of this drama. Then they started to throw everything they could in it, and it wasn't a nice soup, but a garbage can.

Comparing to MMM is an insult though. LTM had good actors and good acting, MMM had none of these.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 29th, '11, 18:19

But it had an S-line, Ecchan... You can't ignore that...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '11, 18:23

True, forgot about that. My bad. And Jihwan didn't show his chest even. What a crime!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 29th, '11, 18:33

Well... he did show some parts of his anatomy which I accidentally happened to see. Purely accidental and all. Plus, the way he just lay on the bed on his belly in the last episode made up for that.
I just kept yelling "Grab it! Grab it! Grab it!". Can't you see what is on the bed in front of you, woman? Graaaaab hiiiim!". I also yelled "Or get on top of him! He has no S-line waist you might break!"

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 2nd, '11, 00:07

I have to agree with you all. I loved this series up until episode 10 about..even a few episodes after that.

About the ending...
I never quite understood why her char was so against marriage, the ending was marginal at best - yes it was happy..but not quite what I figured they'd do with a series this epic. I expected to see a "5 years down the road" type thing - or even a wedding where they invited the chairman. I mean really. They could've done so much more with this series ending and instead they kinda just...threw a bunch of stuff in and wrapped it up quickly.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 3rd, '11, 09:37

Hm everybody's reviews sound like I really don't neet to try finish this one.
Dropped it after 12 - as some of you said, it's a shame they didn't make more out of this drama. They had a nice start, good actors and I was expecting to see a drama a little out of the ordinary but 2nd writer only tried to make it as ordinary as possible...too bad.

LOL this is the 2nd jihwan-drama in a row which I dropped halfway through...hopefully he'll be onscreen with something new soon-something which has a better production team :P

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 6th, '11, 11:47

I too have to agree with you. After the writer changed I totally lost my interest and it took me a week to finish last week's episodes while with the first writer I watched the episodes without subs as soon as they were uploaded. Also, I think the new writer changed the characters too much. Ah Jung became hard to get, suddenly not wanting to marry. Ki Joon became boring, over-romantic and draggy guy. If it was me, I would have lost my interest on him. After the writer changed the series lost its realistic vibe and so its magic.

@Lludara, I was wondering the same. I think the second writer had different story on his/her mind than the first writer...

About what I last time said about "taking it slow" I actually ment that it made the story too cheesy (for me at least). I'm not of that age anymore to get giggles from holding hands. They got the feeling back at the sleepover scene but in overall, last episodes were letdown for me.

Did anyone else got Goong vibes from the last episodes? For example Ah Jung wanting to live her own life and retreating to Jeju island. And the necklace box... I felt like I was watching different series and not Lie to Me... :roll

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Sep 9th, '12, 07:01

Hi all, I finished watching this and I agree that the plot was interesting until ep 12 and then it became cheesy and not interesting. I never really felt the chemistry between the two lead actors and the lead actress seemed quite different to how she was in Coffee Prince (her face seemed bigger). I could not understand the role of the brother in this story and in the last chapters he was hardly there...all in all I recommend this for a lighthearted watch but it is nothing special. :-)