The Greatest Love (MBC,2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 26th, '11, 23:34

Yea Dokku Jin bombed it again :scratch:

Is there actual a Kdrama, where the femalelead ends up with a nice guy and not with the jerk? Yes, in most cases the jerk turns out to be a nice guy, but...OK there are a few dramas, where the nice one gets the girl. But then in these cases the girl is a bi**h or the jerk is the boyfriend/fiancee/husband at the beginning of the drama and they breake up or the nice guy is the only love interest.
But i don't think that the most nice guys in Kdramas have no balls. They are almost every time secret ninjas and almost perfect and actualy they are the definition of an alphamale (good looking, successfull, strong, caring and they try to get the girl, so there is a "sexual aggression"). And the jerks get the girl, after they soften up and turn into a guy, who has the same traits, like the nice guy, who didn't get the girl...conclusion: the girls in Kdramas want to have the nice guy, but this guy has to be molded through the girls hands into a nice guy.

I also think, that Gong looks better than Yoo...mostly because Yoo looks artificial and i'm a sucker for natural looks.
Last edited by Silverman on May 26th, '11, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 23:40

Uhm... in period drama it happens.

Other than that, there is only Que Sera Sera on my mind, cause there was NO good guy in this and every male character was part jerk, part normal person. Also, characters in QoR were vague in "moral" category, hard to say whether they were good or jerks. But a lady ended up with a good guy :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 26th, '11, 23:42

That Fool would be the shining example for that. Girl ends up with the "ugly" guy who happens to be an awesome person. And HE is the lead. Shocking, I know.

I agree about YAB. Same thing, better actors. Which is nice. Although the characters behave as if they're 15, still. So yeah, not much changes with the Hongs. Lol.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 26th, '11, 23:58

Orion1986 wrote:That Fool would be the shining example for that. Girl ends up with the "ugly" guy who happens to be an awesome person. And HE is the lead. Shocking, I know..
Yes, but the other possible loveinterest is the boyfriend of the femalead in the beginning, so That Fool doesn't really qualify.
Silverman wrote: OK there are a few dramas, where the nice one gets the girl. But then in these cases the girl is a bi**h or the jerk is the boyfriend/fiancee/husband at the beginning of the drama and they breake up or the nice guy is the only love interest.
What is YAB (You are beautiful?) and QoR?

queeny_bee

Post by queeny_bee » May 27th, '11, 01:00

Silverman wrote: the jerks get the girl, after they soften up and turn into a guy, who has the same traits, like the nice guy, who didn't get the girl...conclusion: the girls in Kdramas want to have the nice guy, but this guy has to be molded through the girls hands into a nice guy.
OMG! you probably have the BEST explanation why girls fall for the jerk. I think with every girls, we like to see the bad guy turn good.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 01:12

Yep. "He changed his ways for my sake" works for em. Even if they remain complete jerks for everyone but them and will turn back into jerks after a few years (or maybe months) of marriage. :roll

Hell, it ain't my job to raise a grown man. He should be an adult and a proper one by the time he gets to me. But it seems kdrama women are content with a crappy bf or husband who acts cute.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '11, 01:48

Ethlenn wrote:seirin, define "good looking" then. For me, Mr. Cha is really good looking, and Mrs Gong is pretty, but yeah, I don't find Yu Inna pretty.
Hmm, good looking for me would be guys like Hyun Bin, SSH, Jae Hee, Jung Yong Hwa, Yoon Kye Sang I guess. I even find Jo Hyun Jae and Kang Ji Hwan better looking than CSW. It's not so much how the body looks but the face. (eyes, mouth, nose, etc)
As for female, I don't find Yu pretty either. I think Ha Ji Won, SHK, Son Ye Jin, Han Hye Jin, the barbie doll, Han Ye Seul, Kim Na Heul, etc. There's just something about Gong Hyo Jin which I don't find that attractive. Her mouth maybe? Her face shape? Dunno.
Ethlenn wrote: Why ladies don't end up with good guys? Cause good guys usually are shown in Kdramas without balls. They're soft, they understand, they lend their (nice) shoulders to cry on, but they don't behave like alpha male. Female wants a bit dominant counterpart, no? Not saying the violent one, but at least the one she can feel safe with. And the one who can hit any guy posing the thread - is this kind of a guy.
I think the problem lies in second leads. Kdrama make them to be a total opposite of the main lead. This is why the former is a jerk, and the latter the angel incarnated.
The problem is - jerks are real, angels are not.
That's not true. There are some nice guys around. Just not many. I think silverman hit the nail when he said girls like bad guys if they can turn them good. I think it's the feeling of being "needed". If the guy was so perfect, he wouldn't need her. He can find any woman he wants. But if a guy has many faults, she would become important to him because she feels he needs her to change himself. Only I understand the "real" him.
Ethlenn wrote: And one more thing - I have the impression of watching YAB again. With better acting though.
It's not just YAB. Many Korean dramas are like that. Even the new one "lie to me" KJH plays an ass but his bro is a nice guy. I think the two bros will end up falling for her. PSH and JYH has a new drama out too. He plays the ass. There's probably going to be a love rival as usual and he will be the nice guy but she will end up with JYH just cuz he plays the ass. The only thing similar between all Hong dramas are their wackiness and slapstick. They put a lot of metaphors, slapsticks and objects they keep rehashing over and over throughout the drama. Rabbit (YAB). Jajungmian (fantasy couple). The drumstick (9 tail fox). I can't single out any particular object in best love yet except the lie microphone detector and the shoes. They threw in so many.

Frankly, I love Hong sisters dramas for their slapsticks and wackiness. It's a light romcom not to be taken seriously. I'm always wondering what commentary or slapstick they will drag into the drama ^^; I loved the posters with the popping titles at every turn Jin takes. Also the hilarious misunderstanding with Ae Young's first encounter with the doctor LOL. The drama really lets you take a look at what happens behind the scenes of entertainers lives. The social status even by popularity rather than money. The evilness/competition that happens behind closed doors and how nasty the media gets by spreading cruel rumours. Stars that get bought, etc.
Looking at the raws, I'm glad Jin finally gets his senses back and realize he might not like Ae Young. I'm afraid what the president of the company would do if they date. Ae Young might get kicked out of the company. I wonder if real life gets that nasty.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 07:04

I never equated a good guy to an angel. I never said a jerk can't be a good guy either. I only pointed out the polar extremes that Kdrama usually show.
Jerks exist, good guys also exist. Angels don't exist.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '11, 08:33

Ethlenn wrote:I never equated a good guy to an angel. I never said a jerk can't be a good guy either. I only pointed out the polar extremes that Kdrama usually show.
Jerks exist, good guys also exist. Angels don't exist.
I wouldn't say kdramas make the rivals into polar extremes. I wouldn't rate the second fiddler an angel but rather a good guy. Those are rare species but do exist. I don't find the doc an angel. He's a nice guy though. I wouldn't call the doc and angel otherwise he wouldn't act so childish during the auction. Same as JYH's role in YAB. He's a nice guy but not an angel. He's even stalkerish in a sweet way. I would label them as gentlemanly. At least they don't act like perverts.

As for jerks being good guys. Some maybe good who knows. But in reality some jerks are really jerks through and through.

And how does one define an Angel?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 08:49

I do think that if the Doc wasn't into her romantically, then he'd have been an angel to act the way he does. Or gay and a very good man. But he's not an angel though.
Cause when some guys like a girl, they can be surprisingly "good" to get her. And it can be totally honest at the time, but still coming from the need to get the girl.

It's true that a gentleman like the Doc is rare, but he hasn't crossed the line too much. He's just quite an ideal man which is pretty rare to find. To find straight. XD
But he also has his flaws. He's totally oblivious with other people and even insults them. I mean, who tells a woman not to wear heels cause her ass will suffer? :lol

But what Ecchan means is that this role model of the too-good-to-be-true guy does become an extreme when they keep using it this much and in every show and every 2nd lead.
And no matter what the lead female does, some of these guys just don't back off. And THAT is the unrealistic part. Some of them end up being "good" to the point of masochism.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '11, 09:56

Orion1986 wrote: But what Ecchan means is that this role model of the too-good-to-be-true guy does become an extreme when they keep using it this much and in every show and every 2nd lead.
And no matter what the lead female does, some of these guys just don't back off. And THAT is the unrealistic part. Some of them end up being "good" to the point of masochism.
Well, some guys unless they get an answer, they won't give up. Sometimes it gets to the point of annoying. For example, when I was in school, I kept bumping into a guy at the computer lab who keeps asking me to go somewhere with him and I keep making up excuses until I have to start avoiding that person rather than becoming mean. In grade school there was a guy who kept asking me out. I kept saying no until he got so irritating, it gets to the point you either avoid the person or hurt their feelings.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 10:19

Yes, but I mean that it goes beyond "asking out" in shows. If you're head over heels with a woman and become a "rug for her to step on", as we say in Greece, any sensible person will expect something in return. At least gratitude.
A guy who is perfect like these 2nd leads AND deeply loves the girl AND doesn't give up even if there's no hope AND even keeps striving for her happiness with another guy sometimes, is just not realistic. No one is that selfless.

The "guy who keeps only wishing for her own happiness even if she's ignoring or even pushing him away and then makes sure she ends up with another guy to boot" is just not real.
That said, the doc has every reason to be "an angel" so far. He knows the other guy's a jerk, the girl is very good to him, he is fully capable of being her guy and he's a true bf candidate.
Or at least he thinks he is, and he would be, if this wasn't go-for-the-jerk Dramaland. I find his "angel" style perfectly realistic, considering the situation they're in at this point. But poor doc...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '11, 22:34

Orion1986 wrote: The "guy who keeps only wishing for her own happiness even if she's ignoring or even pushing him away and then makes sure she ends up with another guy to boot" is just not real.
I suppose it's not real unless he suddenly contracts a deadly diease like all kdrama LOL Then he tries to find her a good guy kakakak. Reminds me of Hyun Bin's movie. T_T so sad.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 28th, '11, 09:54

In my experience a lot of girls in real life prefer "jerks" too (well not so much the Kdrama-overthetop--jerk but jerks+ "bad boys"). But only til a certain age. A lot of them switch at an age about 23-28 to the more reliable kind of guys.

@seirin
We guys are kind of dumb and need a proper answer like "Sry I don't want do go out with you, because i don't like you". if you give just excuses like "I don't have time/I'm not feeling well/Perhaps next time" it can also send the message: "If you show a proper amount of persistance and effort, then i go out with you". Yes not all guys are like this, but quite a lot. So girls, just be straight if you don't like a guy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 28th, '11, 10:58

Wouldn't that girl be labelled as "rude" then? :whistling:
In my experience... wait, I have no experience... scratch that :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 28th, '11, 11:52

Better be rude or hurt them somewhat than give false hope just because you don't want to bother dealing with something. Especially if it's a good guy we're talking about.
If someone is nice enough to take interest in you and ask in a gentlemanly way, you owe it to them even more to tell them the truth and you can do it in a respectful way.

And if they're being a jerk and annoying, even more of a reason to get rid of them.

But yeah, women in real life too prefer jerks. They think they will turn that guy into an angel and then heal his wounds, cause they're God and all. It don't work that way, girls.

BUT, in kdrama it works to a degree. Some of these guys suddenly become awesome lads. And it's exactly why people watch these. Cause in Dramaland, girls CAN do it.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 28th, '11, 20:27

In rl it works also to a certain degree. For example my best friend was a player and sometimes a jerk. After he married he made a 180° change and become a responsible adult. But such change needs also a certain type of women (strongwilled and assertive)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 08:05

Yeah, people change. And maybe this is the main topic of every drama? The possibility of changing?

Update: damn, now, in addition to humming that damn 두근두근 I started to hum the ending song... jeez... subconscious brainwashing...

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 29th, '11, 19:54

Just had epi 8, and was epi-c!

Heartbreak!

'My heart is a flower...don't break it!' lOl

Keep the wackiness coming, Dokko Jin-ssi!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 29th, '11, 19:57

LOL and there are still girls who prefer a jerk anytime cause the nice guys are usually just boring :P
Watching ep 7 and still wondering whether this is slapstick or rom-com . . . just wishing for more cha-ahjusshi before/in/after shower . . . wait, is there a story, too?? :P

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 29th, '11, 21:08

What kind of LG Cell-phone is that they all use? Anybody knows``?

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 30th, '11, 16:02

I can't comment this show since I'm waiting for it to finish first. But I see that sexy cha seung won is at his best here 8) Regarding the OT, I was arguing/defending girls and their rights the other day on a gaming forum full of males and they mentioned this book as something both women and men should read. The (male) author used to be a feminist.

I'll quote it from wikipedia: "both sexes fell in love with members of the other sex who are the least capable of loving: women with men who are successful; men with women who are young and beautiful."Women feel disappointed because, "the qualities it takes to be successful at work are often in tension with the qualities it takes to be successful in love." Men feel disappointed because, "a young and beautiful woman ('genetic celebrity') often learns more about receiving, not giving, while older and less-attractive women often learn more about giving and doing for others, which is more compatible with love"

I think that the "wanting a jerk to change him" has to do with the fact that women tend to think that all rough men/jerks have a soft heart that just needs to be discovered (yes alphas ftw :roll ), and female vanity because they will feel oh so special if they're the ones that manage to bring that gentle side of him or make him weak. oh the joy if he's a jerk with everyone but her, she will feel like a true princess put on a pedestal. technically it's just stupid narcissistic female fantasies, and kdramas reflect that. but we still love them :lol
oh god, and i am actually a female, i should get spanked. but not to spare males, males more often than not like bitches that make them sweat, good girls are too boring, and then they complain how all the women are the same. alas, it's the damned human nature.

sorry for the ot, couldn't resist ^^;

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 16:18

Words like these can get a person to fall for you, woman. And I'm a straight female. Ahahaha. :P

Agree with you 100%. It's the thought of being so awesome that we can change the guy. It's typical overestimating one's power and they don't even know they're doing it. Which is why over-romanticism can be a very veeery bad thing.
As for men, it's also true. I have good, smart, handsome male friends who go after all the skanks cause they are the ones that everyone wants and no one gets. These women want an "audience" of male admirers. And the guys fall for it.

Because smart and equally or MORE attractive women don't shake their tail feathers at said guys so that makes them too boring and not enough of a challenge. Not ALL men and women are like this, but unfortunately, a whole lot of em are.
Which is why kdramas work. The jerk goes for the girl that DOESN'T try to get them and said girl is even so awesome to be able to change the guy. It's like the dream of every woman who wants jerks, but doesn't want to "work it" to get them.

And there's no need to spank you, since you're absolutely right and say it in a non-insulting to anyone here way. Unless you want to be spanked anyway. If that's the case, get in line behind me. :shhh:

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 30th, '11, 16:30

LOL have i told you that you always manage to make my day with your hilarious comments? 8)
I'd rather be the one to spank hihihi 8) Pity you're a woman ;)

Well it was just in case, some people might feel offended even though it's true. I actually had the male part confirmed by guys. I used to get pissed when they would start complaining, now I can't help but find it hilarious.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 16:43

Nah, it's ok. I'm a one-man-at-a-time fangirl so said guy and said guy only holds the spanking rights each time. And glad to be making your day. I don't find myself witty or funny so now I feel all powerful and "aw, shucks". :rofl:

I guess Hong works (and kdrama) generally tend to create these idealized situations. But there are OTHER things they could do. Just as romantic too. I don't mind it, but it does get boring sometimes. Too much same-ness.

P.S: ↓ Man with the rights, currently...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 30th, '11, 16:52

Spanking?? You need any assisstance?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 30th, '11, 17:41

Our nerdy but good looking Doc is sure looking different for his new movie :D He sure looks more hardcore, badass which is a.....good thing, yes a very good thing. :mrgreen:

So does this means more ladies are going to fall for him now? I dont know....possibly....but I'll accept both sides of Kye-sang :wub:

About the whole relationship talk going around......I'll leave it to you lovely ladies.....when it comes to these types of sisuations....well lets just say my experience is not much. :glare: I'm usually the one that the girls come for advise and it just so happenes that Im telling them the right thing because next thing you know the girls are coming to me with that, "Thanks! That helped alot" expression on their face. :scratch: Oh well.

Oh, and um girls....should I buy some ointment for all this spanking I've been reading? :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 30th, '11, 17:52

ESMER... this is it. I'm not talking to you from now on.
You broke the rule of No HOT, DIRTY, HOT, SWEATY (did I mention HOT?) MAN one after another.
Jeez... Jihwan, now this... this...
and I still can't get over with my "aww" over Yucheon.

Let's sing: You're my ha ha ha ha heartbreaker!
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="389" src="http://www.dailymotion.pl/embed/video/x ... a>G-Dragon - HeartBreaker MV</a> <i> przez <a>x-Brady</a></i>
Last edited by Ethlenn on May 30th, '11, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 17:57

THE HEEEELL?!?

I've been seeing this poster for days, didn't even realize it was the Doc!
Oh dear... Cute guy in front of us, soon to be tough hot guy in heavy movie...

We're doomed...

Ok, I'm exaggerating for emphasis now. Frankly, other than my sigi guy, I can't go too kyaa over someone right now. Ahaha. Ok, Ji Hwan and Min Ho though... Yesh..

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 30th, '11, 19:55

Ahh WHAT THE . . . nerdy doc's Mr.Hyde just made me lose all will to have a productive eve. Yessas, what a transformation - Ara is done for again. That is after not getting any sleep cause of Minho last night.

And who what where, did anybody mention spanking? Kekeke I'd love to spank the doc or get spanked by his movie alter ego . . . ahh wait, censored...

Oh and Tyrea, wise words.LOL still I want a jerk to play with and a nice guy to live with. Guess I'm just too greedy ;)

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 30th, '11, 20:32

ESMER... this is it. I'm not talking to you from now on.
You broke the rule of No HOT, DIRTY, HOT, SWEATY (did I mention HOT?) MAN one after another.
Jeez... Jihwan, now this... this...
and I still can't get over with my "aww" over Yucheon.
Sorry..... I swear I was just tryin to do good with some hawtness :evil: keke.... See, let me explain

1. I'm single
2. I have a wild imagination and I'm not afraid to use it
3. Since I am single n daydream a lot I'm not afraid to do some cheating in my head. Haha!

I mean come on there is just WAY TOO MANY FINE GOOD LOOKING ASIAN MEN IN
THIS WORLD TO JUST CHOOSE ONE. :P Since it's all portraying in my head I might as well and have fun. Just as Ara said ...... would love to have a bad guy for fun and a good guy for home :dopey: :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 20:35

esmer86 wrote:1. I'm single
2. I have a wild imagination and I'm not afraid to use it
3. Since I am single n daydream a lot I'm not afraid to do some cheating in my head. Haha!
See now, it's the same for me, save for the "cheating in my head" part. I'm still a one-man girl. But it's ok. More daydreaming left for him...

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 31st, '11, 13:45

Ethlenn wrote:Spanking?? You need any assisstance?
'tis always welcome! from what i gather, dokko jin has been a bad boy. and i've seen that scene where he rather explicitly expressed that he wants his ass to be touched 8)
jihwan has also been a bad,bad boy, messing with out minds and eating habits. I must admit I'd rather use different methods on him though. A certain picture from your blog comes to my mind *blush*

err *shy* why do I suddenly feel like one of the biggest perverts here? And I used to be such a *cough* innocent girl *cough cough*. I blame it on Lie to me and this forum :lol

@ori

eh you know how it works with the entertainment industry. people play it safe and use a proven formula that is sure to bring money and popularity. and sadly, shows that try to be bold or different often don't do that well ratings-wise. but things seem to be improving a little. and with hongs, at least they manage to make you laugh like crazy every time. even though i have to admit i dislike farting jokes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '11, 14:11

Oh, I'm the innocence incarnated! Have no idea what you girls are referring to! I have never touched a guy's butt in public!
In my mind, on the other butt... I mean, hand... I mean...
oh damn... :whistling:

lotus flower76

Post by lotus flower76 » Jun 2nd, '11, 17:44

Hi everybody! This forum is in flames...
Cha Seung Won and Kang Ji Hwan are very hot in those characters and it seems that they charmed all women.
Dokko Jin is a bad boy, but sometimes childish. He accosted Goo Ae Jung in a strange and funny way; his character is the strength of the drama.
Generally, good girls want and are attracted by bad guys, good guys like beautiful women who often are empty inside, people like their opposite.
And recently I observed that in dramas the kissing scenes look more normal. Tongue

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 3rd, '11, 09:22

Your last statement is all I need to quote... Tongue..

How lovely when people kiss like they actually want to. Like there's no sniper about to cap them if they don't agree to his demand to kiss awkwardly.
And how exactly is this kissing somehow more corrupting for youth than wrist grabbing, treating the girl like dirt, betrayal, cheating etc? I don't see it.

But anyway, as for Dokko Jin, I did think about this when the series started, but I HOPE they won't. I just hope they won't do that cause I'll never watch a Hong work again.
They wanted to kill off Mi Ho first and the fans complained and didn't let them. If they do what episode 10 suggests, I will hate them so much. What is this damn obsession?!
FFS, do they get more money for the production if they kill someone off? Are they sponsored by funeral homes or something? I swear, if they do this.... Imma be pissed.
And I have to admit... I liked the carp cameo. It was nicely used, comparing Lee Seung Ki's "nice guy" image to that of Dokko Jin's.
Also, how cute were they together? Ahaha. And how nice does the carp look when he's not "acting" his "comedy" for a change?
I honestly thought "Who is this refined calm gentleman and where is the clown that possessed him? Did he go back in a painting?

P.S:
The kiss here wasn't exactly awesome, but hey, he had a good reason to do it, did it properly. Lips touching.
Which is lovely for me, cause if I saw a 40+year-old ahjusshi kissing like an 8-year-old, I'd laugh myself silly.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 3rd, '11, 13:35

you guys might like this - The scary love

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 3rd, '11, 13:53

At first I was: oh frakk... soompi... but then I lol'd^^
Oh, that is brilliant! Good thing some fans have a lot of time in their hands^^ :rofl:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jun 3rd, '11, 17:09

Seems a lot of people are into this drama. I'll give this a try. :))

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 4th, '11, 16:53

Well, I always felt Dokko Jin's sounds pretty evil sometimes. Especially when he acts cool, then suddenly does that crazy laugh. It's kinda freaky like he has multiple personalities or something. Or some villain from a black and white movie.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 5th, '11, 08:03

This Drama gets better and better.

Can't remember the last time i felt this entertained....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 13:59

They should put all hot men in suits 24/7.
There is a huge possibility for me to drown in my own drooling, but the hell with that!!
Suits!! :faint:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 5th, '11, 14:32

Ethlenn wrote:They should put all hot men in suits 24/7.
There is a huge possibility for me to drown in my own drooling, but the hell with that!!
Suits!! :faint:
I absolutely second this . . . absolutely . . . :salut:

Still only at ep 8 but I'm start to finally get into this. Cha is hilarious being over the top like that and since I saw the doc go bad-ass in a certain trailer, I gotta say I'm getting interested in him, too. :mrgreen:
Liked the scene with the carp, too. Had the same feeling as Ori, hardly recognized him and liked his act here better than all I've seen from him before :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 14:46

Suits.. Suits are wonderful. Especially that suit in episode 10. My God, did the man look handsome in that. A balanced body and a suit. Killer combo.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 14:51

The scene with carp was hilarious indeed. He was like a smaller copy of Dok Go Jin, keke... Only not that hot.

I'm sorry for not being active lately, but this will continue till June 20 (I hope), dramas are piling up, up... :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 14:55

Yeah, another course is starting (Marketing of Technology) and I have to read like 100 pages of a book by Wednesday. And I never read. I won't have a holiday at all... I feel ya, Ecchan. :-(

As for the carp, it felt like I was watching a twin brother for a while. Maybe his "comedy" works in variety, but he should leave out of his other works. He was so nice when he was normal.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 5th, '11, 15:08

Being busy isn't bad, just not having enough time for all the drama is ;) Will be more or less off for two weeks starting thursday, too. Take good care of your hearts ladies!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 15:10

Well, it's really hard, considering a wedding on Gisaeng!!
Oh damn, too many dramas, too little hours in a day!

Let's hope by the end of June we can fangirl sometime!! :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 5th, '11, 18:45

I haven't finished the first episode and I've laughed A LOT! :D I love this and the forgotten-celebrity girl. She is quite cute and pretty.

I would want her to end up with the guy from G.O.D., but, at least what my experience shows, she will end up with the City Hall guy. :D

EDIT:
The ending of the episode was just marvelous :DDDD laughed my butt off :DDD

Lailasilla

Post by Lailasilla » Jun 6th, '11, 07:31

i watched ep 10, please please writers, i have an idea the way the drama MIGHT go, so please dnt kill DOk go jin, if he dies, i swear, i will cryyyyyyyyy,lol........

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 6th, '11, 07:36

Well, if they kill off the main guy (or any guy, for that matter) in such a flat out comedy series, I'll never trust korean dramas and the Hongs again.
I mean, I do expect an ending like that from something like City Hunter. But a romantic comedy? There's a reason it's called romantic COMEDY.

If the Hongs do that, I will assume they have some sort of an issue with killing people off in situations they shouldn't. I'll really think they've lost it.
Unless, of course, they saw it worked with Gumiho, keeping us in the "will she or won't she" stress all the time and are doing it again for ratings.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 6th, '11, 15:15

I've taken back this drama for the cute manager , Im not loviing it but its good !
And the doctor is my fav !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 6th, '11, 19:24

Oriii!!
Look what I spotted in the background, kekeke...

And I'm starting to develop a serious non-liking for a doc. He's so soft, sweet and caring, my teeth ache.
On the other hand (bias alert) I like interactions between Jin and Ding-Dong (whatever this kid's name).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 7th, '11, 00:07

The doc wants to win AJ's affection so he's being so attentive. He's kinda pervy but he's hiding it :P He was thinking of pervy thoughts when he saw the bra after the book suggested "giving the person something you want to share with them". He thought better of it and got a camera instead. And good thing he did!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 7th, '11, 00:16

The Doc is pervy, but he's sweet. Although, the woman does have a big "You're not the one, dude" written across her forehead so he should get a hint eventually.

And Ecchan, I was watching God's Quiz and they had an add for Secret Reunion at the bottom. Had to take my eyes of off Deok Hwan for a few minutes. Aahaha.

He's everywhere, that adorkable creep...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 7th, '11, 18:45

Girls! This is urgent. I can't figure out songs or artists name, or even from which kdrama OST it was. I know I've heard it!

It starts at around 6:33, when the camera shows the magnets.

Right here(I already set the time, you just need to press play) -

The song is so familiar... but can't remember. Bad Guy? The Devil? Resurrection? I roughly checked all of them but didn't find it.

EDIT: episode 10 by the way.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '11, 18:59

The song is Sting - Shape of My Heart.
It's only the instrumental beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locIxsfpgp4

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 7th, '11, 19:07

OH right! I love you, Ethlenn! I know song since... well... let's just say - long time ago, but it was jused in a drama I think....

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 7th, '11, 20:36

Finished epi 10, and it still has my undivided attention. Love the pacing and the chars. It's charming and silly without being overbearing!

I believe that I have the sub-plot, concerning the Treasure-Girls break-up, sussed out.
Not that it required higher brain functions. But I can guess what it was all about! And how the Elusive member fits in!

I like this drama...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 9th, '11, 23:42

Come on, its normal for a guy to have pervy thoughts, especialy if he likes the girl. It would be creepy if he didn't. And next time if one of you girls asks her boyfriend, if he has some sexual fantasys about some hot girl or if he thinks other girls are pretty and he says "no". Then you know he's either gay or a big liar^^ (yes i know its the same for the girls :P).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 00:50

Still wondering what Mr. Cha is doing here, but anyway... if they kill Dok Go Jin off, I will find Hong sisters personal address and I will make them pay for a lame ending.

Look what they showed on TV in the background, kekeke:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 11th, '11, 01:02

You sure didnt miss that Ethlenn , but who's that charming man wearing the white suit jacket ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 01:09

Some "anybody" chinese medicine doctor, you know...

I don't miss anything, keke... :wub:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 11th, '11, 10:53

At this it's clear that the drama is good. A no-brainer.

But I did get quite curious when Mi-Na and Se-Ri are gonna clash....

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 11th, '11, 18:36

i don't think there will be a direct clash
although it was not all revealed, but the most likely scenario was this: Mi Na had this boyfriend from the boygroup. She was pregnant and through this jocke from Se Ri she lost the baby. Then Mi Na attapted suicide and Ae Jung stopped it and Mi Na begged her for help. So Ae Jung initiated he disband. The question is, if the suicideattempt was before or after the jocke. Well Se Ri doesn't know abaut the pregnancy and still thinks that the disband was because of some of Ae Jungs problems and not Mi Na's. So i think Se Ri will just pestering Mi Na fpr Ae Jung's secret, wthout realizing these things.
It's just an assuption, so don't kill me if I#m wrong:P.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 19:30

Weird thing, but I'm also somewhat along Silverman's thoughts. Don't think there will be some hysteria involved. Seri wants to know the secret, that's all. Plus, to look good in doc's eyes, she probably won't throw a fit.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 11th, '11, 19:57

Ethlenn wrote:Weird thing, but I'm also somewhat along Silverman's thoughts. Don't think there will be some hysteria involved. Seri wants to know the secret, that's all. Plus, to look good in doc's eyes, she probably won't throw a fit.
Me too, that's what i meant a few posts back, in having a clue what happened.

Anyway...glad some people share the direction!

Oh, and Can I say...kiss, kiss ahoy! Finaly some decent kissing!°

PS
What's the ballad playing during Car-window kissing??

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 20:45

This song:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xFMreiwYqww" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Heo Gak - 나를 잊지 말아요 (Don't forget me)
Mr. Cha kisses just fine...

But you know, you stated elusively, like "I probably can say the ending", and that may denote everything and can be written under every outcome. Be more specific. :mrgreen:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 11th, '11, 21:20

Sweet!

Thanx for the quick reply.
I think I caught an evil ear-worm with this ballad and can't get it out of my head/ears! Will need now to flush brain with ballad till I get better!

As for my statement, it was this :
"I believe that I have the sub-plot, concerning the Treasure-Girls break-up, sussed out."

Maybe one of those Lost in translation moments!

Again cheers for the Music! :o)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 11th, '11, 21:52

Well, if they didn't let two people in their 30s and friggin' 40s kiss normally, it would be too much. XD

Still, nothing can top Lie to Me now, in that area... :faint:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 11th, '11, 22:56

Ethlenn wrote:This song:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xFMreiwYqww" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Heo Gak - 나를 잊지 말아요 (Don't forget me)

*drying her eyes* Thank you :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 23:18

Myxale: but it still is elusive, no matter what. Mind you telling us your version? Pestering is my middle name, sorry.
As for kisses - City Hall and Coffee Prince (well, Bad Guy's elevator) tops Lie To Me any given time, keke

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 12th, '11, 09:02

Ok, Ms.Pestering, 'ere you go... ;)

My grasp on the Queens English may be -somewhat elusive ;) so...I'll try:
(Mind you, that I'm still a bit dozy this morrow, and my thoughts are somewhat elusive, on top of that, those modern coffees seem not to help at all)
From what we all saw, It was clear that Se-Ri's prank with the powder and Mi-Na's reaction and pain - had more of an impact. Given the way she toppled over from pain.

+The secret relationship of Mi-Na and her Boyband Oppa.
(big clue, cuz even Korean teens do the boinking before wed-lock)

+ In Dr. Yoon's clinic: Mi-Na with baby and Biscuit's reaction to her and the baby!
(To me this was also a give-away)

+ Biscuit killing of the band.
(Most likely to take away the attention from Mi-Na and her troubles.Giving her a chance to slip away)

+Biscuit slapping Se-Ri .
(I always felt that she was about to say or do something, but was interrupted and Se-Ri used this as an opportunity to stardom)

+ Ni-Na starting anew with new name.
(she's the only one of then girls to do so; Cuz a scandal of the kind that happened, would've been far more severe than some squabbling girls and a band-breakup)

All that secrecy concerning Mi-Na and the breakup, led me to believe that only Mi-Na - and what happened to her- was the sole factor for all that followed.
I may not be Mr. Caruso and have no merry band in CIS, but to me it was a loose but evidently-elusive reason behind all that.

Oh, seems that'll Mr. Elusive is my middle name...even though I already have one...lol

C U.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 12th, '11, 14:45

The question, which leaves me a litle puzzled is:
Who is the person with the strong clout behind Ae Jung? The manager said, that in the period of the breakup she had someone very powerful, who had her back. WHo could it be? We are at ep 12 and its too late to introduce a new character. So storywise it should be somebody, who was already introduced. I mean Dokko Jin wasn't a A-list actor (well and he knew nothing about Ae Jung) and had no power. The same you can say about the other trasure girls, the doc, her brother and father. Her manager had obviously no interest in helping her.
The only person, who could had such power now and back then, is representative Moon. And it would make at least a little bit sence. because Moon givest a little bit to easy in, when something concerns Ae Jung. At least this is the only character, who could be this backingperson, even if its not likely. To compare it in numbers the possibility of Moon bein this person is 10%, while all the other introduces characters have 0%. I hope they don't do something cliché as to say, that Moon is long lost mother/aunt. But then again, if Moon was the one, then why didn't she helped Ae jung over the last 10 years to become a likable celebrity again? Although, one person would be also make at least a little bit sence. This celebrity number one cardiac surgeon, could also have something to do with it. He could at least have some friends in the entertainmentbusiness and he was a big fan of Treasure Girls. Now to introduce some new powerful character is a little bit deus ex machina.
This are just some thoughts^^.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 12th, '11, 16:27

All you said is kind of true, but it may be something Hongs just throw in the air, as usual, not caring to tie the loose ends in the end.
Or maybe there is someone behind representative Moon? She's not running the whole agency, isn't she? Maybe Mina's husband or his family is so affluential and this fact somehow stopped manager Jang from hurting Aejeong? But the airport scene is against this theory. Hmm...