The Greatest Love (MBC,2011)

Post by esmer86 » May 3rd, '11, 21:07

Title: 최고의 사랑 / Choegoui Sarang
Also known as: Best Love
Previously known as: 애정의 발견 / The Discovery of Affection
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2011-May-04 to 2011-Jun-??
Air time: Wednesday and Thursday 21:55

Synopsis
Ae Jung is a female band member who is already over the hill. When she enters a variety show to pretend marriage with the top star Jin, she gets entangled in a love triangle along with her ex-bandmate Kang Se Ri. Yoon Pil Joo is a doctor of oriental medicine who has no interest in the entertainment industry but meets Ae Jung by chance and falls for her.

Cast
Gong Hyo Jin as Goo Ae Jung
Cha Seung Won as Dokko Jin
Yoo In Na as Kang Se Ri
Yoon Kye Sang as Yoon Pil Joo

Trailer #1 on YouTube
Trailer #2 on YouTube

GREATEST LOVE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Last edited by esmer86 on May 12th, '11, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 3rd, '11, 21:09

After seeing the trailer on YT....I can see my moms fascination with Seung Won :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 3rd, '11, 21:18

Cha ahjusshi rocks. Can't wait for this. Such a full summer ahead! :cheers:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 3rd, '11, 21:26

hmm...from the trailer I'm not liking the female lead but Cha Seung Won you are great :wub:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 3rd, '11, 21:27

You know, I could use an ahjusshi now instead of an Oppa....for TV entertainment purposes of course :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '11, 21:39

Great to see you, esmer, creating threads here!!

I like the leads, both Cha and Gong!! Yu In Na will be hard to stand, I know.
Oh, this Spring/Summer season will be busy! Add to this other running dramas, aarrrgh!
Still, have my doubts about Hong sisters' script, but will watch it.
:cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 3rd, '11, 21:42

The only issue I have here is the trailers. I don't think they're showing the best of it. I hope they aren't. They seem to be focusing on the slapstick moments, which I personally don't find funny.
I want whit from this. Good and fun whit. I hope there's more to it then what we see there. I like the cast and the Hongs can do pretty good things from time to time. So, I hope this will be one.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 3rd, '11, 21:52

Yeah I agree with you Orion. It seems for all the trailers out there in the world involves that one or two big moments that the producers think will pull us in to watch the show, movie, etc. which is good. But I rather have them show us something other than the big moments of the episodes so I can see what the show is really going to be about. Yes most of the time I enjoy the Hong sisters dramas so Im pretty sure Im going to like this one.

Oh...and Ethlenn...I thought I had might as well join the rest of you all with the Kdrama fever! :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '11, 04:55

Oh yes, yes, the more the merrier!! :alcoholic:

Trailers don't bother me much, but the script...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 18:34

The drama started fairly good yesterday, for those who believe in numbersss: over 8% rating.
For those who don't - this is quite good, and viewers praised the acting (and reacting) :salut:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 5th, '11, 20:33

^^good. Thanks Ethleen for the info. I WILL wait for the subs damn it! Well...I can say that because I skimmed through the episode :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 20:35

I heard that Namgil-nim was mentioned, right? So I guess I will even save this episode.
And no, I'm in a perfect mental health, thank you.

OK, I skipped through it, and I saw dying Bidam. Fine.

And why no one ever told me that in this very drama we have Im Ji Kyu (he was this cute secretary Kang Woo in QoR!!), plus Han Jin Hee (who plays Rara's "father" in New Tales of Gisaeng)?!
Now I will have to watch it till the end!

Kekekeke:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 8th, '11, 14:20

Will need to watch this. According to Dramabeans this Show is full of fun and well poking fun.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 14:57

I watched the first episode without subs. Couldn't resist... It's quite fun. Cha ahjusshi is a crazy jerk. Gotta love that. It's looking good and I don't usually go for first episodes.

Stalking DSS and waiting for the subtitles. It seems the busy spring is making it difficult for them to be fast so we have to be patient... Or do what I did and shame on me for doing it. XD

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 8th, '11, 16:08

LOOL yeah, shame on you for not having the patience ; )
And, yeah DSS, is swamped with work....

I would watch RAW, but my Korean isn't halfway near my Japanese!
Beside some obvious words and foods i know bugger all!

Well maybe watching it on mute 'll help...Cheers!

#goes off to try#.....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 16:38

Watch in Korean. You'll learn. Why watch without sound, silly? :thumright:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 10th, '11, 21:38

I watched both episodes last weekend and I gotta say I enjoyed it. Yeah kinda kliche in some parts but it made me laugh. Liked the 2nd episode better that the first. Im warming up to Hyo Jin...give me time. :whistling: What can I say about my ahjussi...yet another lovely shower scene. :mrgreen: My mom feels a certain connection with Dokko Jin because she herself had a quadruple open heart surgery 3 years ago and has to watch out for her heart meaning if she gets to agitated or excited her heart beat can go threw the roof. So I was tempted on wheather I should show her that shower scene with him :P

Forgive me ladies for not knowing Yoon Kye Sang. Why havent I seen him before?! :blink But in all fair ness I am sort of new when it comes to the actors/ actresses. Well It just means my list of "hot men to look out for in dramas" is getting longer :lol

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 15th, '11, 08:02

I'm up to epi 3, and having a blast.

Funny, in a nice and easy way. Surely not a Monty Python, but great.

The 'It really says Cow' scene almost killed me!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '11, 12:05

4 was epic. We laughed our PANTIES off! :rofl:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 15th, '11, 12:17

LOL, yeah, that was hardcore!
'Wash my panties, then leave!' That is neo-romanticism pure!
OR the whole Hyun Bin Jackets mania that her dad does! hoot!

Just finished it! Gotta love lazy Sundays!

adigoni

Post by adigoni » May 15th, '11, 12:55

I can't stop laughing as I'm watching this one and it feels verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good.Don't miss it.... :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '11, 13:23

It's very Hong. Borderline slapstick, kind of lame in humor at times, over-the-top, shallow in emotions etc. But if you just accept that and go along for the ride, it's fun to spend an hour with.
But you definitely need to leave any want for maturity or high quality storytelling or any depth when you set out to watch Hong works. Gumiho had just a biiiit of that, but still. It's Hong sisters.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 15th, '11, 16:16

Oi, I need a bit 'o help!

The actress, that plays the woman that got eliminated in the matchmaking, right next to 'Treasure Girl' ( character Introduced as Kim Hee Jin ) need her name! Looks so familiar...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '11, 16:37

Post a screenshot maybe? :mrgreen:

adigoni

Post by adigoni » May 15th, '11, 16:39

Yes! She is the tennis' champion ex-girl friend of the male leader on "My Girl".She is Park Si Yeon.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '11, 17:04

She was also one of the two female leads in Coffee House. Her cameo in The Greatest Love has been in the news a few times before the episode was aired.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 15th, '11, 17:08

You guys are awesome! Encyclopedia-Dramarica-Koreana has nothing on you! ; )

Right, she is!
It amazes me how a haircut and some makeup gave me trouble recognizing her!

Adored her in The Fox-Family!

Gee.face-palm!

Cheers!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '11, 17:15

Myxale wrote: Adored her in The Fox-Family!
If it wasn't for Ha Jungwoo, she would be my top in this movie too. Her dance in the subway...

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 17th, '11, 21:28

Watched the last episodes last weekend and I laughed my ass off!!! :tv: You can just tell this is the works of the Hong girls. My ahjusshi and panties :w00t: I SERIOUSLY need to consider if I should let my mom see this. I can hear me now, "Mother! WHERE IS THE OXYGEN TANK!" :mrgreen:

But still, its a bit much on how Dokko Jin doesnt want to admit any feelings for Ae Jung. I wouldnt mind just slapping the boy and put a little bit of Cher in there, "Snap out of it!" :roll

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 18th, '11, 04:19

omo...just about died of laughter when he kept repeating... panties..panties.. Panties!!! while she was on the phone. Call me juvenile. I also laugh at fart jokes.

queeny_bee

Post by queeny_bee » May 19th, '11, 03:00

I'm so surprised at the lack of discussion on this drama. This drama is definitely at the top on my list of May kdrama. I've never done this before, but the May line up was all so good that I had to watch a few to see which one would catch my attention-- so far I've watch the first episode of Romance Town, two episodes of Lie to Me. So far, the Greatest Love is definitely the winner on the list and I'm am waiting for the 720p to come out so I can download episode 5.

Each episode is hilarious! I think even though the heart beating is sorta cheesy as it sets the premises for how he defines his love, it is still quite hilarious to watch. Every scene made me LOL. The scene that was most memorable for me was when she was in his house. Scene after scene I just kept LOL, i'm sure my family thought I was going crazy!

Totally recommending!!!!! :)

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 19th, '11, 04:32

Been enjoying this series much more than Lie to Me which has disappointed me so far. Gonna keep following this series.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 19th, '11, 07:29

Just dropping in, to say i really Dig this Drama!
And since I consider it as good as it gets, i have no reason to complain or else!

And yeah, this thread is a bit empty.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 19th, '11, 08:19

I think those of us who are watching it are enjoying it way too much to start analyzing such a light, fluffy and breezy series.
But yes, I'm so loving it. We're laughing like mad with Cha-ahjusshi, who is really spot on with his weirdness in this one.

It's usual Hong stuff, but they always manage to make those cliches their own. But over-thinking this would also ruin it.
You just have to accept it's simple and immature and cliche and generally Hong and unique. Like the Hongs always are.

As long as you remain in your silly-mode, you are having a blast. And personally, I don't think all series need to be serious.
What I do hate are those series who are this shallow but try to fool the audience and pass themselves as masterpieces.
What I like about Hong works is that these ladies crack jokes at their own work, society etc and have fun WITH viewers.

They're not without fault either. I hated My Girl exactly cause it got a bit too "serious" and that really sucked. That, I hated.
And don't even get me started on Hong Gil Dong. That was a total mess. But it seems they learned from it so it's ok.

But with the rest of their works I've seen, I find they know how serious they can be and when. Same with the humor.

But back to The Greatest Love, is it just me or have they mentally conditioned us to hum that damn song all the live long day?
I swear, I can't get it out of my head... Well, they did sleep hypnosis to Dokko Jin and they're doing another kind to us as well. :lol

Have a lot more to say, but next time. Way too much text here for one post. XD

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 20th, '11, 21:22

Simply reading the Transcript on Dramabeans for the upcoming epi 5-6 had me in tummy-aches!

lol!

nirunathan

Post by nirunathan » May 23rd, '11, 01:18

Thanks all for the positive comments about this drama, I watched all the 6 episodes at one go after reading through this thread. I found it hilarious and fun, Can't wait till wednesday for the next episode!!

I haven't watched any of Cha seung won's previous works, (regret them now, will try to watch them), but is it just me or does'nt he resemble Abe hiroshi the Japanese actor?? Even acting wise?? They're both amazing..

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 23rd, '11, 17:26

Really now....do you think he really needs help picking up the ladies, Quote, "When Ae-jung is sleeping in her car outside the nightclub, Dokko Jin sees her from outside the window but holds his hand up to the glass as though to prop up her face. Seeing how much the women viewers like that scene, I learned something. [Laughs]”

In real life?

“I wouldn’t do that. [Laughs]”

Why does Cha ahjusshi wanna make me sad,
Cha Seung-won: I am Dokko Jin Just read the rest here. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '11, 17:35

Does that make you sad? Lol. Unfortunately, as we all know, NO man would do such sappy romantic crap outside of Mr.Awesome KDrama Land.
Only in kdrama. Oh, the teen fangirls that will soon learn real life men aren't like in shows... They should have had more sense, them idiots. :twisted:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 23rd, '11, 17:50

AMEN!!! that is why sometimes I curse that Kdramas even started...just a promotion of false hopes I say!!! but oh well, thats life. :evil:

It would have been nice to know he would have done something similar to the whole face holding through the window thing but again false hopes :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '11, 17:59

Oh, there's a lot kdrama doesn't do like real life, but that's boring. Real life is very boring when shown in a movie or series, as exciting as it may be by our own standards and all.
So by all means, make them men ridiculously awesome. Just make sure your youth do realize that you're showing them an idealized version. They "sell" the characters too much.

As for Dokko Jin, he's so totally nuts that no romantic gesture would make me get close to him. God, this guy is just completely bananas. Ahaha. As charming as Cha-ahjusshi is, no thanks for this one. XD

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 23rd, '11, 19:40

Like the Interview with Dokko jin!
The things he said make sense, and I too feel that the Leads style is complementing each other.

And he does walk the line between haha and buu, just fine!
I like his style!
His finger-pointing fetish is addictive!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 23rd, '11, 19:41

I love it when a man can make me laugh but as for Dokko Jin I'll let my mama have him, thats if he grows back the mustache, then he is on his own :P He can make me laugh but ummm....no. He is too old for me so he will forever be known as Cha Ahjusshi to me. :thumright:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '11, 22:45

He's old enough to be our dad, esmer. His son is old enough to be our boyfriend. Nothing wrong with admiring a fine looking man, but any closer would frankly be too weird. I agree there. :lol

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » May 24th, '11, 01:21

Orion1986 wrote:He's old enough to be our dad, esmer. His son is old enough to be our boyfriend. Nothing wrong with admiring a fine looking man, but any closer would frankly be too weird. I agree there. :lol
lol. Ditto. Although we're 14 or 15 years apart...that's still too much.

queeny_bee

Post by queeny_bee » May 24th, '11, 02:19

Orion1986 wrote:
But back to The Greatest Love, is it just me or have they mentally conditioned us to hum that damn song all the live long day?
I swear, I can't get it out of my head... Well, they did sleep hypnosis to Dokko Jin and they're doing another kind to us as well. :lol
YEs YEs yes!! It's a very catchy tune! What's funny is that it's been 10 years... and she still has it as her ringtone. haha

Anways, back to dokko jin... i'm pretending that he isn't as old as my dad... because that would spoil all the goodness in him. As of yet, even though I love his character in GL, i'm not in love with his character as much as in city hall... just yet! :wink: But I have to admit... all the stuff he's doing are pretty darn cute!! :) >> remembering the part where he tries to avoid the road bump which finally gets a smile out of ae jung! haha way too cute! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 12:04

But of course. We'd never enjoy any of these series if we got bothered with reality while watching. I fully enjoy Dokko Jin. Both as a hot man and all his cute acts.
But when I leave Drama Land, I see Cha-ahjusshi again. And I like him a LOT, just not in "that" way. Cause good actors show you the character, not themselves.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 24th, '11, 20:10

Oops, wrong thread. And I can never edit this board while at work. Sorry.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '11, 21:07

"Who's the most handsome guy? Jang Dong Gun? Cha Seung Won? No, Dok Go Jin"

I stopped the show to laugh my ... you know what off.
I picked up the show again.

Plus, let's face it... I'm easy, Mr. Cha is smokin' hot. And I'm old enough to be his dongsaeng rather than ttal... kekeke...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 21:48

I laughed my ass off with that. You did good. It's very brainless and light as a show, but that doesn't make it bad. You just can't take it seriously.
And yeah, Cha-ahjusshi is just nuts in this. Dokko Jin is all over the place. And we got a cute doc too. All in all, a refreshing good ol' Hongs work.

Plus, they managed to make Cha shave. That is an unbelievable accomplishment, right there. He shaved AND combed the hair away from his forehead! Incredible! Two rarities!
Hope he doesn't go back to the old ways soon. He looks fine with that style as well, but it's easier to be charming when his face shows. He looks younger. A very attractive guy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '11, 21:52

True, it's shallow, me is shallow. We are the perfect couple.
And yes, Cha oppa with his stoic sometimes face and sudden outburst of hysteria is just perfect. His overreacting is so cute...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 22:02

Hee hee. It's his style. And it's what makes him special in comedy. It's Cha-ahjusshi goodness. He's truly the perfect actor for a crazy freak like Dokko Jin.

Speaking of Dokko Jin, he's got a LOT of regretting and apology asking to do after what he said to her. A whooole lot. And he so deserves what happened.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 24th, '11, 22:10

Aha! We now found someone for Cha Ahjusshi!!!! :wub: I knew it would have been you Ethlenn. Ha!

I was majorly surprise at how different Cha Ahjusshi looked after shaving off his "cow." :heart: I swear at some moments of the show I could even see a little bit of Johnny Depp going on there. It even made him seem like he did something to his hair in episode 4 I think it was.... Major younger! That when I knew!!!! He loves playing with my heart! but no, I have to remember now that he's Ethlenn....and my moms....and too old :roll

By the way, Im gonna go all "stockerish" and try to look up some pictures of his son. I knew he had a kid but never saw a pic of him. Google here I come! :rambo:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '11, 22:17

Sorry, I'm taken... I mean, I've taken... ah, mulla!! :whistling:
But see, I can appreciate a good looking man when I see one. And I see one (and the second, third, fourth... damn).
Plus he's nuts. I lik'em nuts. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 22:24

Yep. There's something about men who are nuts, slow and adorkable. Especially when they have all those 3 qualities together. But also in the right balance.
As for Cha-ahjusshi, I know nothing about the man. Only seen him in works, never seen an interview. But these crazy types are usually calm kittens in real life.

Hell, look at Ji Hwan. He's such a calm and soft sweetie. They keep the craziness in and release it on-screen maybe. :P But Cha-ahjusshi is easy on the eyes too. Veery easy for his age.
And glad to see the "cow" gone, but the hair needs to change a bit too. Have to see that forehead. Takes years off the guy. Plus, makes his awesome smile look charming instead of creepy.

And I like Ah Jung too. She has been through a lot and she's a very down to Earth person. She does have her Hong acts-like-a-teen moments, but she's usually quite normal for her actual age.
And Gong is a really good actress. She's very natural and those are the best. She's just adorable. She has that unni-feel. And she's good enough to pull harsher roles too. She was good in M.

Talented cast. The writing is good for what it is, but without these actors, it would fall short. But I do credit the Hongs for knowing how awesome these two are and helping them show it.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 24th, '11, 23:15

Well said Miss O.

I think the production had luck with the leads. Lucky pick!
How many people can pull a stunt like jelling 'panties' and look the good kind of funny?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 23:32

Aaah, the panties line. That's an instant classic right there. Exactly that. It's not really funny as a line, but he made it so. He elevated it into something awesome.
I think S. Korea has seriously talented people who are not having things easy because of the useless and cruel bosses up top who know nothing of art and talent.
So when talented people do get the chance to work their magic, it really is a pretty sight. And Cha is getting an all-access pass to Cute Psycho Land right now. :lol

queeny_bee

Post by queeny_bee » May 25th, '11, 03:17

Orion1986 wrote:
And glad to see the "cow" gone, but the hair needs to change a bit too. Have to see that forehead. Takes years off the guy. Plus, makes his awesome smile look charming instead of creepy.
I have to disagree. I think he looks much better with the "cow". I think that's what I loved best about him.... when he had a nice cow "trim"... makes a man more manly. I did not like the one he was sporting around in Athena.. there was too much of it.

i think guys with mustache or beard is no fun to kiss.. but it's something about the beard that defines their chin and jawline better. :P

Lludara

Post by Lludara » May 25th, '11, 21:50

You know, i think i agree with the 'cow ' thing. I think his face is too shiney and it ages him without it...i had to double take after he shaved it.

And i am certainly glad that I am not the only one that was thinking Johnny Depp when I was watching him act sometimes. I'm just a sucker for dark haired dark eyed men... Honestly, he reminds me of Captain Jack sparrow with the jewelry (rings) and all the pointing and the random craziness, haha. He's not obviously as flagrant though =P

I think i'm enjoying Lie to me more, but this is defiantly worth watching I think.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 25th, '11, 22:07

I can never listen to GD"s Heartbreaker now without thinking of Dokko Jin!! :rofl: and that is what I got from just a sneak peek of the epi!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '11, 22:08

That was a "Holy sh*t, he's gonna have a heart attack!" moment. XD
I really felt like yelling "Stop him! Calm the man down! Nooooo!".

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 25th, '11, 22:12

Man....if only I was there. I probable be laughing my ass of first then I would go see if he's ok :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '11, 22:26

See if he's ok by thoroughly rubbing and feeling his chest, I bet. You naughty woman...

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 25th, '11, 22:36

ummmm.....sure.....Ori. I would never do that XD :wink:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '11, 22:43

Why not? It's a lovely toned chest. Nothing wrong with innocent admiration of that. And maybe some touching... Young ladies admiring a middle-aged man? Any guy in his shoes would love it! :rofl:
I really love how the doc is also getting into the comedy side more now. He looked so innocent and benevolent, but the actor has turned on the competitiveness and charm now. Oh dear! :cheers:

Shukmeister

Post by Shukmeister » May 26th, '11, 03:52

I have to say, I just picked this one up after finishing "49 Days". I was ready for some light comedic stuff. So far it's met my expectations of a Hong sisters series; that's to say, it rocks.

I'm wondering if something's going to happen between Jin's mom and Jung's dad, especially when he's in that hot Hyun Bin suit. lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 06:24

I'm still behind (ep 4 starting today afternoon), but I have to say it's better than MGiG. It's silly beyond imagination, and looks like Hongs just broke the dam that blocked it. It has also better leads that the previous drama, so... And the one before that too... ohoho... :whistling:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 26th, '11, 17:40

Just curious: Anyone knows the airing-times of this show in ROK?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 17:45

21:55 :salut:

From official website:
방송 : 수,목 밤 9시 55분

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 26th, '11, 21:30

Dokko Jin is an idiot... He's insane and an idiot. And I honestly want to see the bastard hurt like hell.
Maybe that'll wake his crazy dull head up. Yep. Gotta love kdrama and its fixation with jerk male leads. :lol

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 26th, '11, 21:40

I am seriously scared on watching the epis now Ori. I don't dare ask what he did now :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 21:42

You don't wanna know...

Yup, he's a classic Kdrama idiot... :whistling:
But Gu Aejeong is exactly the same. A classic Kdrama female blockhead.
Last edited by Ethlenn on May 27th, '11, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 26th, '11, 22:14

I watched the drama cuz it's a Hong sisters drama. I'm not really into the leads though I've seen their projects before. I don't find them good looking but their acting is professional. The doctor is a cutie though :) Too bad she will end up with the jerk like usual. Bleh. Good guys always end up last.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 26th, '11, 22:22

Old jerk with heart issues and someone you can't at least enjoy for his good qualities, the hot body.
Awesome young, hot, kind DOCTOR with great personality and, I'm sure, an even better stamina.

Yeah, any woman with a brain and a healthy sex drive would go for the doc... :roll

But of course there's loooooove... God, if you're gonna love the guy anyway, at least beat his ass to a pulp for being a jerk.
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 26th, '11, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 26th, '11, 22:50

I died at the Karaoke!

I so died!
Looool!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 23:25

seirin, define "good looking" then. For me, Mr. Cha is really good looking, and Mrs Gong is pretty, but yeah, I don't find Yu Inna pretty.

Why ladies don't end up with good guys? Cause good guys usually are shown in Kdramas without balls. They're soft, they understand, they lend their (nice) shoulders to cry on, but they don't behave like alpha male. Female wants a bit dominant counterpart, no? Not saying the violent one, but at least the one she can feel safe with. And the one who can hit any guy posing the thread - is this kind of a guy.
I think the problem lies in second leads. Kdrama make them to be a total opposite of the main lead. This is why the former is a jerk, and the latter the angel incarnated.
The problem is - jerks are real, angels are not.

Moreover, also chemistry plays a part in it. With someone you can talk to, who understands you, one can feel the friendship, not a sexual attraction, no matter how good looking this person is.

And one more thing - I have the impression of watching YAB again. With better acting though.