City Hunter (SBS, 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 15:48

Yup, most of us, I guess, seen all up to 6th... and I try to kill time somehow waiting for the Wednesday...
Kim Sang Joong is awesome to watch in such ruthless role. :mrgreen:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 11th, '11, 15:53

His role is AMAZING!!!! I love/hate him in CH... He has got the role point blank!! I'm waiting for the episodes to download but it seems to take forever!!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 11th, '11, 15:57

Oh zilley , this is the right place :mrgreen:,
Both episodes were kind of light-hearted but sooo much cuteness ! :wub:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 11th, '11, 16:08

uwah!!!!!! Reallly???????
Awwwww I cant wait till the episodes get downloaded!!!
I love the chemistry betweent NaNa and YoonSung!!!!!
I'm going to die if the episodes aren't downloaded!!!
Not much action huh???
But who cares!! In my opinion this drama is daebak!!! :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 12th, '11, 16:52

I care!
I want action! I want badass Lee Jin Pyo!!

Meanwhile...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 12th, '11, 17:28

Thats one of the bigger problems City Hunter has. It wants to be a romcom-politactionthriller in a ratio of 50/50%.Such things work just in rare cases, because for a romcom there is too little romcom and for a actiondrama to little action. a good ratio would be ~20/80 (it doesn't matter what 20 and what 80 is, as long as one of the elements has more impact). But we have 14 ep ahead, so it can shift.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 18:12

I think the balance is good, so far. I think the action scenes last long, they are well done and very cool and expensive, so seeing less of them doesn't bother me.

Action is not usually something you can do with just a little bit of everything. If you choose to make something shallow for the action, it better have action non-stop.
But this show is not trying to do that, I feel. It's rom-com and suspence with action. It has enough of a story so that you don't mind not having action all the time.

The balance so far is good for me. And I like my romance, but I also love my action. And I hate politics unless done in a non-boring setting like this. It's a smart show.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 12th, '11, 20:24

Yes action nonstop is boring. Perhaps i'm alon with this, but in City Hunter i have always the feeling, that the "flow" is interruputted, whenever the romance or the thrillersection beginns. But this is just nitpicking from me. I think this is a great show. Its one of the 3 topdramas 2011 in my books.

Can anyone tell me, what song it is at the end of ep 6 (well it plays also in the episodes before).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 13th, '11, 09:09

Ethlenn wrote:I care!
You're speaking my soul, love.
I'm still happy with this drama but I wish they'd focus on the polit-revenge-action part of the story. The romance is nice, I like their bickering and also the fact that CH at least gets to have some womanizing-misunderstandings. But at times this does feel like watching 2 different kinds of drama at the same time. Thus far I'm alright with it, it's like reading a book that plays on different narrative planes...just hoping in the end they'll be connected in clever ways ;)

Oh and did I say, I WANT MORE LEE JIN PYO. Just let CH make their bad deeds public (oh and I don't mind some nice fighting scenes like on that starecase to her apartment) and then give this ahjusshi his revenge by letting him face them and leave them scared shitless like that first case...Muwahhahha :wub:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 13th, '11, 09:26

arakira wrote:
You're speaking my soul, love.
I'm still happy with this drama but I wish they'd focus on the polit-revenge-action part of the story. The romance is nice, I like their bickering and also the fact that CH at least gets to have some womanizing-misunderstandings. But at times this does feel like watching 2 different kinds of drama at the same time. Thus far I'm alright with it, it's like reading a book that plays on different narrative planes...just hoping in the end they'll be connected in clever ways ;)
This is exactly the point i tried to explain. Its just like a remix of two different dramas (at least it feels like one). So im not alone with this^^.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 13th, '11, 12:32

:'(
I made a tiny whiny sound when I read that.
I hope he's going to be okay.
The filming has stopped completely and will resume depending on how this situation develops.
Even if they have to stop the show, just as long as Lee Min Ho is fine.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 13th, '11, 13:07

Lee Min Ho is OK. He will be fine in a while its just a checkup, because of the accident. I think they just want to be sure, if there are some internal damages. If it were really serious, the the filming would be suspended indefinitly.The show won't be stopped. Perhaps the schedule for the next week will be screwed up (this weeks episodes are filmed).
After the accident, Lee Min Ho was transported to a nearby hospital and has returned home to rest at around 6 PM after being cleared from any major injuries from test results.
he has perhaps some bruses on his legs and chest, but the rest should be ok.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 13th, '11, 14:31

Glad to hear that LMH want seriously injured , LMH ur doing a good job but don't try so hard , I still wanna see you enhance your acting skills !
arakira wrote:

Oh and did I say, I WANT MORE LEE JIN PYO. Just let CH make their bad deeds public (oh and I don't mind some nice fighting scenes like on that starecase to her apartment) and then give this ahjusshi his revenge by letting him face them and leave them scared shitless like that first case...Muwahhahha :wub:
I think it's too early to complain about the drama , I like the combination so far and there are 14 episodes yet to come so yeah I :pray: for this ! But I agree ,I wanna see more SEXY-RUDE ahjushi :wub:
Kim Sang Joong please please show mooooore ! :hissy:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 13th, '11, 15:08

Silverman wrote:Lee Min Ho is OK. He will be fine in a while its just a checkup, because of the accident. I think they just want to be sure, if there are some internal damages.
Glad to hear that he is doing okay!!!! I wouldn't want him to hurt himself or strain himself... I LOVE his acting and can't wait to see more of it.. Wish he would take care of himself... Wish we could get a blog or tweet or something from him.. it would be reassuring to know that he is fine from him rather than the reporters.. :cry:

Anyhoos, like many of you guys, I tooo would love to have some more angry ahjusshi scenes... but i think the rom:action ratio is fine... It's entertaining and certainly has me hooked... can't wait for the rest of the episodes.... hope they'l be putting more angry-dont-care-about-spilling- blood ahjusshi clashing with sincere-son who seeks revenge wisely!! Those scenes are the most exciting for me!! :lol

LMH!!!! GET WELL SOON!!!!
Hwaiting!!!! :wub: :D

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Jun 13th, '11, 15:43

I'm loving both the action and romance but I also feel that the transitions don't seem very seamless. Nonetheless, I think they are establishing the relationships first so later on when folks start sacrificing for love and all that, it will make sense. I think it'll be more action packed in the second half of the drama.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 13th, '11, 18:15

According to Nate article on the accident: "No major injuries".

Ara: you speak my mind. I like so far the fusion of romantic aspects and action, although personally wouldn't mind the less of the lovey-dovey and stuff. I want revenge, plotting, betrayal! So far, Lee Jinpyo is revealing his cards nicely, and I think they made an excellent choice for an actor. Our ajusshi can look like your nice neighborhood ajusshi that feeds your cat occasionally, but he can look downright frightful here. I wouldn't dare to look at him if I met Lee Jinpyo in a shaded alley, brr...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 14th, '11, 19:24

Yay:

Producers had advised Lee Min-ho to rest but he returned to set today to resume filming of the show,
seriously he is my hero. A lot of other actors would rest a few days, but not him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 14th, '11, 20:31

He looks like one serious kid, true.

And I think everyone knows, but just to remind, in real life LMH is the spokeperson for the organization that deals with child abuse. That made his scenes with those kids in the drama so meaningful. Because it felt not like an act.

And some prosecutor prince:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 14th, '11, 22:04

Oh I understand now why i did find that scene so emotionnal !
And some ...okey a picture is worth a thousand words :mrgreen:
And some stills

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 16th, '11, 21:25

Instead of making cuts I just posted the whole Midnight TV Entertainment episode here. At first we have the report on Minho's accident (the car looked pretty bad), and close to the end, we have a quite long (oh noez) interview with teh Prosecutor Prince, keke^^
Midnight Entertainment on DA

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 17th, '11, 21:31

OMG! Twooo amazing episodes , I got all what I wanted , the action was good especially in the last minutes of episode 7 , did I say that I loved that spoon-snene?the fight with that woman bodyguard was better !Im not expert but I did really like it !
We got more sexy-rude ahjushi :wub: , the relation between Na Na & Shik Jonng was revealed!
And more than that , PSH'S VOICE haha , even if Na Na was sleeping while watching Prosecutor Princess but I guess she was tired that's all ,who can sleep while PSH's on the sceen ! :roll
BTW: Go Ha Ra or whatever , annoys me , her singing s*cks ! :cussing: ( my opinion anyway)
Last edited by Sham26 on Jun 17th, '11, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '11, 21:43

Will wait for Viki subs. DSS ones for this aren't that good. At least the one episode I watched didn't make sense in some points.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 17th, '11, 21:45

Sham26 wrote: BTW: Go Ha Ra or whatever , annoys me , her singing s*cks ! :cussing: ( my opinion anyway)
WORD. At least she is the only character in City Hunter, who annoys the hell out of me. I don't know about her singing though.

The fightingscene with this female bodyguard ist awsome. Its like Jackie Chan meets Jet Li (well its not as good as them, but its fun).
THe Prosecutor shows his true face. He rather catches the fat bastard, instead of rescuing Na Na.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 17th, '11, 21:50

Silverman wrote:
THe Prosecutor shows his true face. He rather catches the fat bastard, instead of rescuing Na Na.
Exactly , I was shocked , I thought of the other possible situation !

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jun 17th, '11, 22:05

Oooohhhh! Episode 7! Whoa!

Speechless. hehe

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jun 18th, '11, 05:53

Ahhh! I can't wait for episode 9. I'm glad i decided to watch this drama. It is surprisingly good. :D

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jun 18th, '11, 07:25

Me too. Just finished episode 8. Intense!

Songs from this episode are nice as well. :)

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 07:19

Just finished episodes 7 & 8!!! I have to say I was screaming at the top of my voice falling down my chair and going crazy throughout the whole thing ( fan girl gone crazy) Angry Ahjusshi's awesome and the fight scenes were amazing!!! I'm loving the fact that the romance is getting crazier... I cant wait for the next episodes... LMH is the best!!!!! *screams* This drama is the best I've ever seen.. ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '11, 07:25

Still waiting on Viki here. XD

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 20th, '11, 11:21

LMH is one of my favorite younger actors. I think its just amazing how he improved over the course of the last few years. From Boys over Flowers to Personal Taste was a great improvement (i didn't like him in BoF).And from personal taste to City Hunter he also improved a lot.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '11, 11:25

Well, some people mature, learn and become better professionals and artists. And some... :whistling:
Lee Min Ho is doing very well indeed. I'm not his mom, but I somehow feel so proud of him. Lol.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '11, 11:43

I have always praised him for his 15 minutes in Public Enemy Returns. I couldn't praise anyone in BOF, true.

I guess we are witnessing the development of a young actor, that is respected and liked by older, more experienced actors. He looks like a normal, reasonable guy that deserves to have fans who support him.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 20th, '11, 11:47

I do know how to pick my fake husbands, don't I? ;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 20th, '11, 16:24

Sham26 wrote:
Silverman wrote:
Exactly , I was shocked , I thought of the other possible situation !
Why do you think his first wife divorced him? :doh:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 20th, '11, 16:56

She divorced him, because he is a workaholic. But there is a huge difference between being a workaholic and let someone die, to achieve something.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 18:27

Orion... it's a must watch!!! You'll die at the end of the 8th episode!!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 20th, '11, 18:40

Silverman wrote:She divorced him, because he is a workaholic. But there is a huge difference between being a workaholic and let someone die, to achieve something.
I think he would do the same thing. If it was just him, he would probably save his wife or Na Na. But if there was someone else beside him there, he would probably rely on the other person to save his wife while he runs after the criminal.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 18:51

seirin wrote:
I think he would do the same thing. If it was just him, he would probably save his wife or Na Na. But if there was someone else beside him there, he would probably rely on the other person to save his wife while he runs after the criminal.
but he his Daddy long legs who has the hots for NaNa in secret... if he really did "like" her wouldn't he run to save her rather than go after the criminal??? Besides, how did he even know that CH would save NaNa??? She was the one who shot him so how in the world did he know that CH would go save NaNa???

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '11, 19:13

I haven't seen them yet, but I'm guessing Mr. Prosecutor screwed up some saving. I don't know how or why it happened, but I'd think saving a person's life is far more important than catching ONE criminal which you can chase again later.

And darn it, Viki people. "Soon" in internet language means a few hours. It's been almost two days already... Their softsubber must be on holidays or something. I'll still wait though. Too much work to be done for it to have less-than-good subs.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '11, 19:16

The Prosecutor is not all that nice and suave as he likes to be perceived. At first, his reaction to the suit and the tie - he was ready to beat Yunseong over this. If he cares that much about his ex-wife, he should try and fix their relationship, no? It may be hard, granted, but at least he should make an effort.

On the other hand, I don't quite get all women's complains. I mean, they get married to a guy who is some high-ranked official, politician or, in this case, prosecutor. In the definition of such positions there is: "busy, family is second". So they knew from the start what kind of marriage/relationship it will be. Marrying such high-profile guy is marrying his duties. The woman has to yield, sorry. She may have her own job, career and so on, but, for the love of meringues!, don't complain as if this happened overnight!
So I can't empathize with Suhi, really. She knew he was the son of a politician, she knew his line of work. And still - "oh, you have no time for me!", "your job is more important than me!".
I swear, I would divorce such complaining man (in my case) as well.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 20th, '11, 19:16

There's subs out on youtube and http://www.jacinda1st.org/

Ethlenn, many women are like that. They expect their husbands to put them first. However, that's not always the reality of things. It's not even high profile people who are busy. There are many salary men who are busy as well. Some women are understanding, some are not.

ziliey, I think he's one tracked mind ^^; He sees a criminal, he runs after him. It's his duty to chase them down. I think he totally forgot about Na Na. Or maybe he saw CH running to help her? They never showed what happened after they both ran. Just that he grabbed her.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 20:18

They just showed both of them look at each other and they started dashing forward... At first I thought both of them were about to fight over who will save NaNa... really!! I was that delusional I guess..... :P

But I guess you are right Seirin...he ditched his wife just to give someone a fair warning...

I guess SuHi knew that she was married to a really busy man who puts the job ahead of anything.. but I think she thought he might have changed during the time they spent apart... only to realize that he's still the same... I believe that no matter how busy you are, you should put your family first... if you can't then dont get married andchase the crazy career..

I want to see how daddy long legs will fight for NaNa... and the love ...rectangle will work out ^^

Oh and please don't take what I say to heart... I mean no disrespect ^^

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 20th, '11, 20:25

I don't think, that the prosecutor is "Daddy Long Legs" because he likes Na Na. Its more likely guilt, because he or his father is involved in the accident, which her parents had. Or at least he was there and he had pity.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 20:32

ooooh.... I never thought of it that way.... but might not the guilt turn into love??? that might just happen right??? if it does.. we got ourselves a hell of a triangle/rectangle :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 20th, '11, 20:46

Silverman wrote:I don't think, that the prosecutor is "Daddy Long Legs" because he likes Na Na. Its more likely guilt, because he or his father is involved in the accident, which her parents had. Or at least he was there and he had pity.
You speak my mind , and this is why I was shocked when he did not save Na Na , he wasnt feeling that guilty ! If he really was he would never do again something bad for her ! Ive never liked him so I might not be that objective!
Plus he still has feeling for his ex-wife and I think there's something else behind their divorce not only his addiction to work !
Can't wait to know more !

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 20th, '11, 20:46

True, it might lead to affection. Guilt-->turns to wanting to protect-->turns to liking.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 20th, '11, 20:50

Hmm, I think he is Daddy Long legs, the postcard was the same. Also his reaction in the veterinary shop when Nana mentioned it.

And no, I still maintain that there should be understanding for someone's work. If another party is busy, just deal with that. I don't glorify workaholics (on the funny note - this word is a plain nonsense, have no idea who came up with adding -holic to some words...), but don't complain. If you want to marry a family man - go ahead, but if you marry a successful and ambitious guy/gal, you either need to have your own career, or be supportive. He's at fault also, because apparently he did nothing to save his relationship.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 20th, '11, 20:53

the whole NaNa and Ahjusshi thing has got me curious as well.. was Ahjusshi paid to lie??? and I wonder what angry Ahjusshi will do to NaNa since he witnessed the whole thing??? he doesnt want CH to fall in love and we all know his methods always end up killing people... this is getting more and more interesting by the minute... I am even thinking of reading the City Hunter manga!!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 20th, '11, 21:35

ziliey wrote:the whole NaNa and Ahjusshi thing has got me curious as well.. was Ahjusshi paid to lie??? and I wonder what angry Ahjusshi will do to NaNa since he witnessed the whole thing??? he doesnt want CH to fall in love and we all know his methods always end up killing people... this is getting more and more interesting by the minute... I am even thinking of reading the City Hunter manga!!
Except for the name City Hunter, the manga and the drama have nothing in common (at least til now)
I just looked again, it was definitly the father and not the prosecutor himself (with the pet hospital scene it could be either the father himself or the son and the father covered the whole thing up). In ep 6 ~40m you can see, that its just minister Kim, who was in the car
As for the workaholic-thing. There is a difference between hard-working+ambitious and a workaholic. The hard-working people work hard to achieve something, but they don't do unnecessary work. they do, what they have to do and they try not to neglect social duties. The workaholics just want to work, have the urge to work and all the other things aren't important.
Last edited by Silverman on Jun 21st, '11, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 20th, '11, 23:11

Finally managed to catch up.
Haha ofc the prosecutor ain't a good guy imo...he's playing daddy long legs out of guilt for what his family has done to Nana's and how they covered it up I guess. That's why I can't stand him. Playing all high and mighty, pretending to be a fighter for justice and then probably being guily of evading the law for that accident...I'm sure ahjussi had some troubles and got paid for lying which would also explain why he'd left the country.

Apart from that, do we even know prosecutor and vet only broke up 'cause he was a workaholic? Somehow I guessed there's a deeper reason, like him becoming guit-ridden over Nana's family's accident...

Anyway, I like her character somehow. Haha giving the city hunter her ex's suit and tie was a nice move...betting that they'd run into eachother again I guess...LOL and who wouldn't wanna play with the CH??

Btw, no matter how much of a workaholic a man is, and if he's the president of my country, I'd want to be treated with respect and not being pushed back for work and other "necessities" - especially if I do have my own job and responsibilities, too.I think if a person can't manage to make time for their family, they shouldn't marry in the first place ;)

Oh...and I so, so wanna see the Dad go berserk...much more than the development of the love relationships, I'd love to see more focus on the "father"-son relationship and I'd love CH to find out about the way he ended up getting seperated from his mom, soon^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 21st, '11, 03:17

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 06:06

The preview actually shows nothing essential apart from a growing conflict between father and son.
And damn this drama got me hooked, I seriously didn't think it would be so multidimensional.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 21st, '11, 06:09

grrrr....... the preview made me want to watch the 9th episode even more!!! where is NaNa??? why isn't she his instructor??? And oooooh CH is standing up against Angry Ahjusshi.... I'm guessing that in the 10th episode fuel will be added to the fire by revealing the truth behind his mother!!!! Oh man!!!!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 21st, '11, 09:44

I guess she got fired but back in ep 10 !Can't wait no more :cry:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 21st, '11, 11:07

Thanks for the preview. Seems I get what I wanted - more angry Dad and CH standing up to him. Lovely :wub:
Btw, was that his dad's man he beat up in one of the last scenes?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 21st, '11, 11:52

arakira wrote: Btw, was that his dad's man he beat up in one of the last scenes?
Yes, it was him and i bet the reason was Na Na...i think the dad did something to her. There would be just 3 reasons, where he goes head on against his father: Na Na, his mother or Ajusshi.

freack

Post by freack » Jun 21st, '11, 12:24

What bout Ajussi being Daddy Long legs? what say you ?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 17:09

From Golden Triangle? With no post office in the nearest 50 km? I highly doubt that.
My all meringues I bet on Prosecutor for being Daddy Long Legs.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 21st, '11, 18:58

There is doubt, that the prosecutor is Daddy Long Legs? :blink The first time DLL was mentioned it was pretty sure it was him (the purse he bought, then LMH stated unmistakably that he knows that the prosecutor is DLL).

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 21st, '11, 19:04

GUYS!!!!!! it's our Lee Min Ho's birthday!!!!!! :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 21st, '11, 19:24

Silverman wrote:There is doubt, that the prosecutor is Daddy Long Legs? :blink The first time DLL was mentioned it was pretty sure it was him (the purse he bought, then LMH stated unmistakably that he knows that the prosecutor is DLL).
Yes, exactly that. I never doubted it was the prosecutor, too!

Hehe Minho's b-day's still a couple of hours away in my country...but still.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and ALL THE BEST TO THE LOVABLE GUY

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 21st, '11, 19:45

It's 12:38 in my country!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIN HO OPPA!! SARANGHAE!!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 20:08

It still two hours, but what the hell, the guy deserves this.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND LOTS OF HAPPINESS TO ONE FINE MAN!!

And yes, I'm in the team that never doubted prosecutor to be DLL, tricky beast, him!
I find it ironic how Sunjeong asked Nana if she thinks that City Hunter is a bad guy. From what we know and what we see in each episode (and we know more than every single character in the drama), the line between good guy and bad guy may be very, very blurred.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 21st, '11, 20:14

I too am in the team that believes Prosecutor is DLL!!!! The purse and the last letter was a dead give away.... :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 21st, '11, 20:29

We should celebrate keke ! Happy Birthday LMH !
Ive nver doubted about the prosecutor being DLL , and I guess even his ex-wife did know about that !

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 21st, '11, 21:36

Ethlenn wrote: I find it ironic how Sunjeong asked Nana if she thinks that City Hunter is a bad guy. From what we know and what we see in each episode (and we know more than every single character in the drama), the line between good guy and bad guy may be very, very blurred.
At this point you can say, that he is a good guy, not an angel, but a good guy. In the eyes of the law he is a criminal. But also Superman, Spiderman, Robin Hood & co, would be classified as criminals in the real world.
Superman: To catch a thief, who stole a purse with 10$ in it, he destroys goverment propertye. Which costs several thousand dollars. Then he beats up the bad guys, which you can count as assault and battery.
The same you can say about other heroes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 22:54

So yes, I'm not saying he's a bad guy. But true, the law treats him like that, and for the first time he started to have doubts about morally shady actions he performs. Because kidnapping is kidnapping from the "law standpoint". From the normal citizen's - that was a heroic deed.
Along what you said - so far he didn't destroy any government property, so it goes as plus for him^^ But I guess that idyllic state won't last long...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 21st, '11, 23:58

You can say hes a "realistic" hero with dark sides. He tries to fight for justice and not just for revenge. But his methods are not always clean.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '11, 07:46

More than that - the financial source for his equipment is also not clean.

But yes, "a realistic hero" is a good one.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 22nd, '11, 07:47

all the money he has it's from drugs right???

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '11, 07:57

Yes, and as for me, it always stays "somewhere in the back of my head". Just somehow this is not right. It's a for the right cause, but still...

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 22nd, '11, 08:03

yeah... well honestly, it's angry ahjusshi who began the drug dealing business... I dont think that CH had a part there since he was shipped off to America to study and stuff..but then again.....

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 22nd, '11, 08:11

Yea but its a grey area. He doesn't deal with drugs, even though his money is earned with it. And seriously, let us be realistic, such things like "i will not use the money from drugdeals, because its dirty", are just fantasy. And cross your heart, would any of you choose to live in poverty or be weathy, even if the money is not clean. I mean if someone would say to me "here you can have 100 mil $, but this money is made through drugdeals, so you can discard it, if you want to have a clear conscience", you can bet that i would choose the money. Who says otherwise is a liar. Its like one of these situations, where you have to answer the question "would you save a child(not your child) from a burning building, even if you could die?". I'm certain that almsot all people(me included) would say "yes, of course". But the truth is, that if such a situation would appear in reality, almost none of us would do this.
What i wanted to say with this is, that such a decision, like living with drugmoney, makes LMH character "human".

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 22nd, '11, 08:30

it actually makes him look more cool to me!!! *sighs*
CH forever!!!!