City Hunter (SBS, 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '11, 00:50

Finally started CH today and on ep3 right now and I am already hooked. LMH and LJH both look yummy and delicious (don't worry Jana, not planning on stealing your husband even though he is a "fake" one) and loving the actions scenes too. not to mention the way it is filmed. it gives you a different feeling.
now I can make sense of what actually you guys are writing about. please continue, will be reading for sure.
ps. loving the chemistry between the three :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '11, 01:08

Watched the last two (the subbed ones). Won't even attempt to comment cause if I start, you'll get a 15 page review/rant about it.
It's awesome. Pure epicness. I just love it so much. Perfect! Lee Min Ho... I'm so proud of the kid. I really am. Keep going well, show!

P.S: Watch it, dongsaeng... You and cars, man. Don't hurt that lovely body for a show, now. Health first.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jun 23rd, '11, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '11, 02:36

And honestly, how much more wuvable can Kim Sang Ho ahjusshi get? I mean, that guy puts teddy bears to shame in the adorable category. His character is such a mom to Yoon Sung. :heart:
Honestly, bring on any ending you like. Good, bad, kill em all, let them all live, bring in dancing unicorns on roller-skates for all I care. I'll still love this series. Although I still wish for a happy ending.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 23rd, '11, 08:38

OMG you watched episode 9 Orion??? Lucky you!!!!! mine is still not done yet... it takes forever to download things here!!!! >_< I hear that really cute things happened in the 9th episode1!! Literally forcing myself to wait here!!!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '11, 09:23

Oh no no. I watched 7 and 8 with subtitles. Still not 9. Although if what Hancinema gave away is in this one, I can't friggin' wait. Let's see if Min Ho will keep being awesome in that area. :whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 23rd, '11, 11:05

Dang
City Hunter nooooo, please don't do this. until now it was just great....but come on, i like traditional kdramas, but cmon. CH dumps Na Na after some romantic events, just to protect her...i think its so lame...its reasonable...but soooo lame...this element is almost in every damn kdrama. There are 3 totaly unnecessary elements in every damn kdrama, which are really annoying:
1. one of the lovers dumps the other, just to protect them
2. every character has the latest cellphone and uses it a few hours every day, even if they live in a shack and the only thing they eat every day, is a little bit of rice.
3. At the end of every damn kdrama, one of the lovers leaves the county for work,study or a search for ephiphany. The lovers don't see or speak or write each other for 1-4 years and miraculasly they still passionatly love each other... frompersonal expirience i can say: THIS DOESNT WORK.

Well the first two cliches, are in this drama...i just hope 3 will not be included (it doesn't count if the die before this...)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 23rd, '11, 11:17

And to add another cliche, the only thing that annoyed me lately, how they ALWAYS check for fever OVER the friggin' hair. She's a doctor too, for crying out loud. Even if a vet.
Take the hair aside and check the forehead for temperature. I mean, we reeeally don't mind messed up hair. Comb his damn hair after it, if you want, but do check properly. XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 23rd, '11, 11:19

:lol Yep. The second cliche is SO everywhere. Nana is working 24 hours just to survive yet she has the latest model of that phone. Maybe is so cheap there that even a homeless person can afford it. :whistling:
First time I see a non-Korean brand is being endorsed this heavily in a Kdrama.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Jun 23rd, '11, 17:12

lol, Silvermann, no need to get in a panic :D, it's a kdrama after all. But it's already been turned around.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jun 23rd, '11, 18:24

I just started to watch this drama and I must say that I really like it.
Maybe it's because it reminds me sooo much of my fav TBDW :)
I'm not fan of LMH coz I haven't seen any other drama with him yet (only some extracts from Personal Preference), but still must admit that he is good here. And PMY's character kills me :lol :lol
hope it will have a decent ending 8)
coz after Iljimae I'm still afraid that they are capable of ruining every good drama's ending :glare:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 23rd, '11, 22:16

@ silverman, I absolutely agree...but kdrama just lives on cliches, I'm fine if they use that much...
on the revenge side of the story I was impressed with the development though. I really liked ep 9 for that.
I never thought one of those evil politicians would actually get killed...wonder how the general managed to do it...Oh and did I already mention how much this sexy devil gets to me?? AWW those scenes in uniform and in a doctor's overall...I'll be glad if there's less Nana and more General ;)

Btw, I wonder how much the prosecutor's ex-wife knows. I just got the feeling she's aware of what happened at Nana's parents' accident and she secretly wishes for them to be caught. . . but then she couldn't possibly know the CH's next target, so she can't link him to them...so maybe she IS just helping him cause she's got the hots for him and cause she wants some revenge on her ex by showing herself with a new man...
Hm and I'm impressed how the prosecutor has it all but figured out...how long can it possibly take until he'll hold some evidence against CH?

LOL and Ori...the ahjusshi can get even sweeter...acting like one big Manny ;) Just wonder how long he'll manage to keep his own secret about the accident...
Oh and I am still impressed with how much better I like Minho's acting here compared to anything I've seen with him before. Way to go Smexy! :wub:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 24th, '11, 00:46

Silverman, I'll add one more cliche : going to the USA to study and coming back very outstanding person :D , but frankly there's no kdrama cliche's free and I don't really mind that since it's well done !And here it fits so good ! I like it ! Ido
[
arakira wrote: I never thought one of those evil politicians would actually get killed...wonder how the general managed to do it...Oh and did I already mention how much this sexy devil gets to me??

And when he was in Na Na's house and smiled :faint:
arakira wrote:Btw, I wonder how much the prosecutor's ex-wife knows. I just got the feeling she's aware of what happened at Nana's parents' accident and she secretly wishes for them to be caught. . . but then she couldn't possibly know the CH's next target, so she can't link him to them...so maybe she IS just helping him cause she's got the hots for him and cause she wants some revenge on her ex by showing herself with a new man...

Yeah I thought that way too , she already knew about everything , even about the car accident , remember when they were together at her work place and somthing showed on tv , remember that look ?
And more than that , I was quite sure it wasnt because of the prosecutor's addiction to work that they got divorced , he told her :'Like before when I chased prisoners that got injured" so maybe because she helped them and something happens is the true reason behind their divorce ! :scratch:
I just love that drama

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 24th, '11, 11:56

One more cliche: orphans get always adopted by americans or american koreans and live abroad and have a MBA degree from Harvard.

Before the drama aired, i thought, that this will be a mediocre mangaadaption and i watched the first two episodes, just because of Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young (seriously, Koreans have just 6 names: Lee, Park, Kim, Choi, Hwang and Jung :scratch: ). But now its my favorite drama of 2011.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 24th, '11, 12:27

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but no characters in the drama seem to notice anyway. Yoon Sung seems to look sickly and pale lately. I guess from his gunshot wound? But nobody at his work seems to notice? And Na Na doesn't even seem to notice cuz she's yelling at him without even asking if he's okay. In the recent episodes, I notice some discrepancies too. Sometimes his lips look red like he's healthy but at times it's white again like he's sick. I know they don't shoot scenes in sequence, but did the make up artist forget to put appropriate make up on him? Or did he hurt himself in real life and lacking sleep so he is truly not feeling well and it's not the make up artists doing?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 24th, '11, 13:11

Well, people get colds all the time so I doubt anyone notices him enough or even thinks it could be anything more serious, since he's not acting funny.
Also, the lack of consistency might be a mistake, but it's realistic. The discoloration would vary depending on how tired he is and how bad the wound is.

Meaning, the thing is rotting, basically. The more tired or emotionally aggravated he gets, the worse his color would be. It's psychosomatic.

Well, I personally didn't mind that anyway. Hee hee. I can forgive smaller things like that. But a doctor checking for fever over the hair... that was a bit too "in my face". XD

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 24th, '11, 13:14

He was at least two times injured, while filming City Hunter (one car crash and i think i read somewhere, that he had alot of cuts from a stunt). Then they are filming not just 5-8 hours, but 14-16 at once + promoshootinga+ interviews + scriptlearning, so it could be exhaustion. They often sleep just 3-4 hours...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 24th, '11, 13:37

Orion1986 wrote:Well, people get colds all the time so I doubt anyone notices him enough or even thinks it could be anything more serious, since he's not acting funny.
Also, the lack of consistency might be a mistake, but it's realistic. The discoloration would vary depending on how tired he is and how bad the wound is.

Meaning, the thing is rotting, basically. The more tired or emotionally aggravated he gets, the worse his color would be. It's psychosomatic.

Well, I personally didn't mind that anyway. Hee hee. I can forgive smaller things like that. But a doctor checking for fever over the hair... that was a bit too "in my face". XD
But from one of the scenes I noticed. Nana calls him over to her house and he says he's busy. But as soon as he hears dad's voice he rushes over. At his office his lips are colourless. But in the car and at Nana's place his lips are red. Then on the next scene after, it's colourless again. All in such a short time.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 24th, '11, 13:53

Oh. Haven't seen this episode yet. Waiting for Viki subs. Still, the color can change very quick on a person. Especially the lips.

I get these shivers from time to time, where I'm extremely cold for about half a minute or so and need to be covered in blankets immediately.
I turn completely white. Some hormonal issue or something. Within about a minute, I go from normal to ghost to normal again. So, it is possible.

I don't know how possible or logical it is for when a person is pale due to an infected wound, but I'd imagine it can be as unstable as any time.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 24th, '11, 16:27

Sham26 wrote:
Yeah I thought that way too , she already knew about everything , even about the car accident , remember when they were together at her work place and somthing showed on tv , remember that look ?
And more than that , I was quite sure it wasnt because of the prosecutor's addiction to work that they got divorced , he told her :'Like before when I chased prisoners that got injured" so maybe because she helped them and something happens is the true reason behind their divorce ! :scratch:
I just love that drama
Well viki not too important but viki subs translated that line about the prisoners a bit different when I watched,
Something along the lines of "Like before when I chased prisoners and got hurt" which means she's helped him - though I dunno for whatever reason he couldn't go to a hospital...maybe he was ileagally pursuing them?
And about the lips, I noticed they went from pale to red but I dunno whether it's mistake or on purpose cause well his feelings change a lot in those scenes so it might even be a means to emphasize that ;)
And about nobody noticing he's hurt and ill - he doesn't act it now does he? He doesn't run around with tissues or complains about his cold. So how should they know? Well it's the difficult situation of the viewer . . . we know more than any of the characters and sometimes I guess we'd like to share our information with them ;)

Edit: Episode 10 was great - especially the ending!
Oh boy, I so fell in love with Kim Nana, it's great to see her being strong, seeing through his little tricks and even supporting him. Way to go! Wish more women would be like that in kdrama world.
Hehe somehow I get the feeling kdrama standards are slowly getting more liberal and catching up with reality ;)

LOL but ofc...another cliche, bringing family together over a deadly disease...but on the other hand I think it was well done, and they brought in the prosecutor etc well. Would be nice if they'd wrap up the mother-son relationship soon though.

I still wish they'd elaborate the relationship between CH and the general more. Somehow the general's character is too vague for me. If he was such a ruthless bastard, then he'd show some consequences to all his shouting...like making Nana disappear and force his "son" to comply with his views on revenge and if he's held back by feelings of guilt or anything like that, they should at least hint at it . . .
LOL and I still wonder why the filler character of the president's daughter? Damn she's the only one that's annoying enough to ffwd some scenes ;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 24th, '11, 18:32

I don't know. When I look pale, my co-workers notice. Sometimes I don't drink enough water so my lips go colourless like I don't feel well and ask if I'm okay or not. I don't go around looking ill from dehydration.

About the general being ruthless, it's revenge and hate eating away at him. After so many years of constantly plotting for his revenge, he's grown ruthless and sour. Something CH doesn't want to happen to himself or others. Revenge is a vicious cycle. As for not hurting Na Na, it was a threat only to control CH. If he did hurt Na Na, his son wouldn't forgive him nor talk to him. There's no way the general can change CH's mind and he knows it. They are competing now to see who gets to find all five culprits first. General will try to eliminate them while CH will find way to punish but protect them from his dad. But I must say, CH seems to be very clumsy leaving clues everywhere. He's not in his perfect mindset. Maybe because he has too much feelings and worries he's not focusing well. He might as well announce to the world "I'm City Hunter".

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jun 24th, '11, 18:54

Just finish EP. 10.
The part where the prosecutor was going to check the window and when they are basically walking just a few feet away from seeing each other, Nana grabbing Yun Seong and then having a knife on her throat was nerve wrecking. I was like :goggle: :crazy: :pale:
Ahhhh! I can't wait for EP. 11!!!!!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 24th, '11, 22:56

arakira wrote: Well viki not too important but viki subs translated that line about the prisoners a bit different when I watched,
Something along the lines of "Like before when I chased prisoners and got hurt" which means she's helped him - though I dunno for whatever reason he couldn't go to a hospital...maybe he was ileagally pursuing them?
Oh that changes everything then ! Thank you dear.

Ep 10 :
1-WTH!! Leukeemiaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :crazy:
2-Thumbs up for the action.
3-2 Thumbs up fpr Kim Na Na ! I love her ! Especially when he called her to be his driver , amazing , loved her lines there ! :wub:
4-Can't wait til next week !

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 25th, '11, 00:33

I'm sooo jealous of you guys who have already watched episodes 9 & 10.....
:-(
I wish my downloads would just finish as soon as they are started!
:whistling:

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jun 25th, '11, 02:32

ziliey wrote:I'm sooo jealous of you guys who have already watched episodes 9 & 10.....
:-(
I wish my downloads would just finish as soon as they are started!
:whistling:
What torrent client are you using?

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 25th, '11, 09:20

Utorrent... it doesnt matter what I use 'cos Maldivian internet sucks! :/

ya1ya

Post by ya1ya » Jun 25th, '11, 19:35

I can't BELIEVE THEY JUST ENDED THE EPISODE LIKE THATTTTTTT!!

Can't wait for the next one on wednesdayyyyyyyyy!!
:crazy: :goggle: When Nana grabbed Yoon SUng at the end and how he grabs his knife.... i was going insaneeeeeeeeee
[/code]

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 25th, '11, 19:42

If Nana were a man, I'd be in love with her. For she has a pair of big solid ones and owns everybody in here right now. I love her. We love her. She rocketh...
WHAT a show! I mean, how can a series be this awesome? How can it be this awesome that even I, who dislikes bad endings, is thinking "They can kill everyone here, and I'll still love it!"?
I just love everything about this show. It's well done, the plot is good, the characters are developed. Nothing happens just to happen and everything advances the plot. It's polished, it's proper.

I also disagree about the cliches. See, cliches usually happen just for the sake of drama. They happen to force out tears and because the plot has no other way to go or another way to move.
But here, these happen for good reason. His mom is sick, cause we need him to be forced to give his blood. And for the revelation of his identity as her son to move quicker than it normally would.

Also, I do hate it when they go all "I must make her hate me and leave her" martyr. But I hate it because it is done for stupid reasons and by trying to make the matter more serious than it is.
My grandpa/aunt/mother (who are all GOD on Earth) don't approve, so I must hurt her. I don't deserve her, so I must hurt her. We need more high ratings and crying teen girls, so I must hurt her.
But here, and also in Gumiho, there is actual life and death reason for the reaction. If he stays close, so does his "daddy dearest". ACTUAL danger and ACTUAL need to protect someone's life.

Ahjusshi is so damn sweet and I think both me and my mom got all teary eyed when he cried. I haven't felt like crying so far, but damn it, he's like a hurt teddy bear! Who dares make a teddy cry?
I also love how he is being so caring of Yoon Sung. He could just walk away. The Crippled Menace wouldn't bother with him right now. But he does stay to make things right. Takes guts and love.

And NaNa... What can I say about this woman... A kdrama girl who is cute, but also has brains, decency and balls of reinforced titanium, who doesn't just act like little miss "life sucks for me" 24/7.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '11, 19:50

Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods... where is Wednesday!!
I second everything what Orion said. I love this show to bits and I love Nana as well. She's not a usual kdrama sobbing lady. She likes a guy - fine, but she's not hysterizing about liking him one-sided! It happens in real life as well. Damn, damn, damn...

So, they managed to make a perfect drama so far. We are in the middle of the show, and although I may cry my eyes out at the end (like with Revenge of Gumiho), but I will still rank this drama high.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 25th, '11, 19:53

Oh my God, you guys are making me dance with anticipation here!!!! will report to you guys as soon as I get to see them!!! :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '11, 19:59

Take some sedatives before that. Or drink melissa tea... :mrgreen:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 25th, '11, 20:01

O_O oh. my. God!!!! I totally shall!!!! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 25th, '11, 20:02

And how well is Min Ho doing, seriously? I mean, the kid can be so damn proud of himself. He really chose a good work and he is working hard for it and for his skills. Good on you, my boy!

Mom is reading the Viki spoiler section for the series and she is shocked to see how everyone is drooling over Min Ho, but no one is mentioning the plot or his acting. Fangirls... They never change.
That's the thing with young popular actors. They have to get popular with the crowds to get works. And when they (some of them) do try and develop their skills and choices, they can't shake the "fans".
But it's good that a whole other level of fans exists. Then ones with brains, who don't let this spoil things. It's the same with Kang Dong Won. The squealing is ongoing, but it doesn't seem to affect him.

I hope to see more kids like Min Ho. And like the mini-cutie, Ryu Deok Hwan. Hardworking young actors, with talent, professionalism, who DO give a damn and they do get good work handed to them.
Cause these guys will be the future "big names" and they'll give us good work for many years to come. I really hate the idea of a future filled with has-been idols who try to act in serious stuff in their 30s.
And frankly, many non-idol guys of their age suck. I love to see more work given to the good ones. Also, the kid from That Fool. He was in that sageuk film along with Cha-ahjusshi and Hwang Jung Min.

Yep. I want to see more of these guys get popular and get good works. Cause I can count on them to keep making good works and keep caring about their art and career, not just the money and fame.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '11, 20:09

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 25th, '11, 21:06

Hope Na Na's caracter stays this way til the end ! (reminds me of Han Eun Soo character whish I loved in the beggining )!
Fngirls are as much annoying as Goo Ha Ra does here ! Hope they will use her as soon as possible ,*dreaming*
@ zilley what are you exactly downloading !!!!!!The 720p 's one ?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 25th, '11, 23:15

Orion1986 wrote: I just love everything about this show. It's well done, the plot is good, the characters are developed. Nothing happens just to happen and everything advances the plot. It's polished, it's proper.
I don't really feel that way. They do write something to happen just so the plot advances and brings suspense.

I just find it unbelievable how he's such a professional and be so careless. He leaves clues everywhere for people to follow.
1) He phones the prosecutor and tells him he picked the warehouse for a reason. (No idea why). So the prosecutor sniffs around and finds clothes left which has his scent. A special scent only certain people can buy.

2) Prosecutor sends stalkers after him and he never picks it up? Even with that big U-turn? And even when his dad warns him he's being tailed, he seems to totally ignore it. He still gets tailed. It's not once or twice getting tailed. It's MANY times getting tailed. You would think he's trained and professional but he seems like an amateur. And the person tailing him doesn't seem so bright either. I don't think he's such a good stalker to avoid detection when he tails people. CH seems really awesome when he acts so professional, but the way they write his sense of observation of things around him really fails in my book.

Also, his other sense of observation to show how clueless he is when the vet gives him hints like... "I wonder if CH knows..." in front of his face. And when Nana goes "CH should punish him" etc. He doesn't pick up hints well. Gotta stay it to his face. "I know who you are. Secrets out!"

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Jun 26th, '11, 03:48

Sham26 wrote: @ zilley what are you exactly downloading !!!!!!The 720p 's one ?

Nope... the Hanrel ones... it's almost done.. I guess it's because of the package I have chosen.. I chose an unlimited download package and so the speed will be quite slow. Don't worry! I shall be able to watch at least today or tomorrow.. I just have to keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue and the more I wait, the more awesome it gets! (way to fool oneself) 8)

shyme

Post by shyme » Jun 26th, '11, 07:44

deym this drama is waay to good to be true! Kudos to LMH's acting skills. he's just perfect for this drama.

freack

Post by freack » Jun 28th, '11, 20:51

preview is up!!! omg so many events going on ...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VFbmBUAzlOE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 29th, '11, 20:04

OMG
They killed Na Na :crazy: It's just episode 11, how can they kill Na Na? Well perhaps she's just unconscious, but it looks a lot like she has died there are all elements of a deathscene: music, the falling arm, the cry "Kim Na Na, Kim Na Na, Kim Nanaaaaaaaa", the hug, the last words). I mean they can't kill of the female lead in episode 11. I love LMH, but sry he alone can't carry the last 9 episodes. And all the other characters are just good support characters and nothing more. Well i still hope, that it's just a april fool-moment

freack

Post by freack » Jun 29th, '11, 20:41

omg!! I am speechless
Nana is dead? I hope it is not true.. or maybe she fainted but they showed like she is dead omg I hope she is alive

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '11, 21:22

If they do, we will unleash upon them our own revenge. Jinpyo style this time.

Still hope we were fooled...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 29th, '11, 21:32

No WAAAAAY ! Still didnt watch the ep 11 yet but how the main female lead dies in the middle of the show !
PMY wouldnt accept it !
Last edited by Sham26 on Jun 29th, '11, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 29th, '11, 21:42

Sorry sorry :pale: ! was too shocked !

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jun 29th, '11, 22:06

Wheeeee!!!!! What is this OMG, OMG?!!!!! I can't click the spoiler cause i am still waiting for the sub. You guys are torturing me. :hissy: :cry:
It Looks like we have another good episode. Haaaaa! can't wait for the sub.

freack

Post by freack » Jun 30th, '11, 09:50

I saw preview ep 12 and
kim nana is still alive as i see

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 30th, '11, 11:48

Don't the say, that she is in a critical condition? Well it would be odd, if they kill her in the middle of the drama.
Update:
Ok she is alive...and not really injured...at least she can walk, run and have fun after 1 day. But now comes something i've waited for, since episode 1: father vs. ch. THis will be spectacular. Can't wait to see, if they get really head on against each other.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 1st, '11, 16:36

This drama reminds me of TBDW.
Similar story, and I don't know if it's only me who thinks that, but LMH here looks like LJK :-)
It's entertaining, interesting and for me it's definitely not disappointing. After TBDW I was waiting for such drama.
Actually, after these few episodes I decided to watch BOF which I didn't really wanted before :lol
I wanted to check LMH acting skills :lol because CH is my first drama with him. And I must say that he is pretty good in it :P
But one thing is bothering me - how it is even possible to stuff yourself with such amount of food like he did in BOF and here in first episode and don't throw up :lol
And what's worse he is so slim... That's sooo unfair :glare:
However...
I just simply looove interactions between Yoon Sung and Na Na.
And Shik Joong just kills me. Hilarious guy :D
I can't wait for new episodes next week! :lol :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '11, 16:44

.Silent. wrote:I don't know if it's only me who thinks that, but LMH here looks like LJK :-)
Where? Oh, I do see some similarities - they are both Korean, both male. And that would be all.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 1st, '11, 17:19

Ethlenn wrote: Where? Oh, I do see some similarities - they are both Korean, both male. And that would be all.
Some say that in some pic he looks like Jerry Yan or Dennis Oh.
For me here in CH with his haircut he sometimes looks like LJK in TBDW times.
That's all

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 1st, '11, 17:28

Well, the whole "he/she looks like him/her" obsession when it comes to celebrities is quite sad and offending, in my opinion, but if you think so.

Still waiting on Viki here. I iz being a very good girl and waiting for their subs. I have a lot of patience with shows I like so much, you see. Ehehe.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '11, 17:45

Some say I look like Viviane and the fact there are no images left makes it extremely easy.

Lee Minho looks like one and only Lee Minho, that's all. (well, there is another Lee Minho, but he's a kid)
Orion1986 wrote:I iz being a very good girl
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 1st, '11, 17:59

Well, so now ppl cannot express their opinions here anymore coz it's inconvenient for others.
Didn't know that this site changed so much.
However, it wasn't my intention to disrupt conversation about this drama for such silly reason.

Also waiting 4 subs :-)

have a nice day ladies

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 1st, '11, 18:05

Of course you can express your opinion, Silent. This is why D-Addicts is so different from other sites. And we are, like you, using our right to express our opinion, which is opposite to yours.
I don't see how you should have the freedom to do it, but we shouldn't have the freedom to disagree and think your opinion (not you personally) is not to our liking. That would be unfair, right? :-)

And getting slightly off topic is fine, it sparks nice conversations as long as it's somehow related to the topic. We're talking Lee Min Ho here, even if we steered away for a bit, and that's fine, me thinks.

I thought about taking a swing at DSS subs again, but I will hate myself if they turn out to be lacking again. Plus, it's very hot lately and I'd like to stress my PC with conversions as little as possible.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '11, 18:17

Oh well, same old story.

Ori, what conversion are you talking about? The video? The subs? The video with the subs? Oh, countless variations!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 1st, '11, 18:38

I have the 720p raw and hardsub the srt on it. My Xbox360 does not read separate srt files, so I have to hardsub stuff to be able to watch them there. Living room, HD television. Goodnesh... :thumright:

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 1st, '11, 18:38

Well, yeah, but it's not nice when you write one sentence and in response you get "obsession". Especially when it's been a while since my last visit to forum. So please try to understand me when I get a bit upset, because after something about half a year break from anything what's connected to Asia I hear that I'm obsessed. But well, whatever...

I can't wait what will happen next and how will this story end. All the more after I saw soundtrack cover with LMH with beard. I was very surprised :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '11, 18:40

That wasn't LMH, but Im Jae Beom on the cover.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Jul 1st, '11, 18:44

Ethlenn wrote:That wasn't LMH, but Im Jae Beom on the cover.
Really?! And I thought there will be some kind of a twisted ending... 8)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 1st, '11, 21:52

Hey but in ep 11 and 12 there is the first reation to the manga/anime CIty Hunter^^.XYZ is the code, which is used, to ask CH for help. Have somebody seen other similarities (except, that CH is an onemanarmy and has a female partner)?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '11, 22:06

How... could...they...end...it...like...that?? :hissy:

:alcoholic:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '11, 04:49

Gimme some air !! How can they end the episode like this ? Hou can I survive until next week ?
And JP come on if ur friend knows what ur doing to his son he won't let u alone ! Please have some mercy ! :fear:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 2nd, '11, 08:14

hmm, what can he do to Na Na? I mean, it would be lame scriptwriting, if she gets kidnapped or injured, simply because it happend in episode 11 and 12. So I doubt, that something like this happens again. I think the father will just scare them and send the message like :"do as i say or i kill your gf or you whenever i want".

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '11, 09:15

He wont forgive him for fooling him , that reminds me of 49 days , so I m not that optimistic ! ]
@ Ori: now we mesure blood pressure without stethoscope!!!?? was it automatic?

And no Go Ha Ra, feels soooo good !

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 2nd, '11, 09:48

Pressure? Automatic? Where? You lost me. XD Too much heat. Bren no werk.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 10:33

Apart from Jinpyo and his sick obsession with the revenge, I'm curious how the Prosecutor will act - will he really throw his father to jail mercilessly? That would be what I like to see, but the man is still his father. Despite the hideous real face he was hiding. They have so many twists and knots here, the case of Sunjeong mother, the President, the Group of Five.
Maybe Jinpyo will just warn Nana? I don't think he will abduct her, plus it's really inconvenient on the bike.
Oh, why did I ever mention bike? Bwainz no werk... *disconnected*...

And netizens have a looot of free time in their hands:
from DC Gallery

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '11, 19:59

Dr House is coming !!! A bike ! I wonder two things , why a bike ? and why pick up a tomato ?
I have to blame netizens becasue they were complaining about the way the first episodes end and now look at my pathetic state of mind !

@Ori: I was talking about ep 12 when the veterinarian took the blood pressure ! Nevermind , I should probably not post anything when I had a sleepless night !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 21:39

You should know, Sham beforehand, where Ori and I were. In a gutterland. Quite nice place, the gutter...

Tomato? Have no idea, maybe because it's so round and firm as some cheeks. both pairs...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 2nd, '11, 21:46

I had not seen 12 yet, Sham, love. :P Well, I've given up on medical accuracy by now, plus, the show rocks too much for me to mind such things.
I really just... Reinforced titanium, this woman. Nana. I think I am in love with you. Ahaha. She is just so awesome. The actress is doing well too.

And MY GOD is Min Ho doing well with his acting! Who are you and what have you done with the real one? Come on! Tell us! This can't be true!
Ahaha. This kid is improving so much since he got back on his BOF-free feet, I tell ya. I apologize to him for all the bashing during that series.

I am sorry. I did now know you'd be so awesome. I go down on, I mean bow down for you, my good boy. Keep at it! You're doing so well, love!

As for the tomatoes, the woman is injured. She can't squeeze other, juicier things for now. Another plump substitute will have to do. Poor woman.

Edit: Ecchan, just lol. We are the same kind of rotten, woman! :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 21:51

I knew, if I ever say "cheeks", you'd come up, you naughty woman, you!!
Do you realize how many innocent dreams we've just shattered? And I saved that Minho picture you showed me. That one showing his... deep... heart... you know. In a quite nice chest. Tomatoes are best when they're fresh and raw.

Anyway, it's a pleasure (sic!) to watch Minho here. He improved a lot even since Personal Taste, even though he was really nice there. BOF is a mistake, let's face it. It's a crappy crap and nothing more. Although I did watch 10 first episodes and 25th, but I liked our boy, so...

Nana I love. She's that kind of girl I respect. She's feminine, but not sobing mess, she's strong, but not "oh-my-god-I-regret-I'm-XX-chromosome" kind of woman. She has bigger balls than some other ones that have "male" in their ID.

qlooney

Post by qlooney » Jul 2nd, '11, 23:06

Sham26 wrote: @Ori: I was talking about ep 12 when the veterinarian took the blood pressure ! Nevermind , I should probably not post anything when I had a sleepless night !
hi there. just thought i'd stopped by and say something about this.

you can actually measured one's blood pressure without the stethoscope. but you'll only get partial results. it's pretty common in an emergency case though. it's called measuring by palpation. the paramedics usually feel the pulse of the patient. when the balloon was pumped, you won't be able to feel the pulse, and when you inflate the balloon, the first pulse that you feel is the value of the systolic blood pressure. if you feel the pulse at 80 or below, you'll know that the patient is in an hypo-tension state. although i really don't know whether the writers of the script uses this as an explanation or it was really something that they forgot.

oh and umm... i'm sort of a newbie here so (been here but forgot the old username ^^; ), hello everyone. sorry if i'm interrupting anything. :notworthy:

oh and about the series itself, i'm a fan of original city hunter, and yes i found this one is very different with the original. but i think the series has its own merits apart from the use of the title "City Hunter". :-)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '11, 23:10

You naughty women ! Iimagine you "innocent"dreams lol!I dont wanna think about that pairs of tomatoes ...Im a gooood girl :whistling:
BOF was just a mistake , I havent watch much because I wanted to keep that good memory of the japanese version that was my official first drama ! But I did really like him in PP , he wasnt that bad even if many people complained , he's still young and he's doing a good job so yeah fightttiiing !
If only all the k-female lead was like NaNa or just less "drama queens "

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 23:54

qlooney is right. Dok Go Jin in Greatest Love used the same method (manual check) to check his pulse.

Although I would have come up with better methods to use Dok Go Jin... ekhem...

And Sham, who do you want to fool? You have some nice pair of cheeks... tomatoes...errhm... both in your ava and sigi. And I'm so damn hungry, where is Namgil-tomato?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 3rd, '11, 00:16

qlooney wrote:
you can actually measured one's blood pressure without the stethoscope. but you'll only get partial results. it's pretty common in an emergency case though. it's called measuring by palpation. the paramedics usually feel the pulse of the patient. when the balloon was pumped, you won't be able to feel the pulse, and when you inflate the balloon,

oh and about the series itself, i'm a fan of original city hunter, and yes i found this one is very different with the original. but i think the series has its own merits apart from the use of the title "City Hunter". :-)
Oh , I didnt see your post ! Yeah I know about that since Im a meical student ( not a good one keke ) but yeah ,before I post that comment I did rewatch it few times she didnt mesure the palpation she just pumped the ballon and said she has an hypotension , I know it's obvious since she lost much blood , I spent a whole month measuring blood pressure so yeah It was a bit akward that s all !
Anyways, I dont know if I m in the right postion to say that but welcome , hope you'll enjoy you odyssey with all people here and I'll read more of your comments cause I love do that !

@ Ethlenn :doh: , yeah true ! I got caught *goes look at some tomatoes*

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:18

Tomatoes now? Damn you gals, now I'll even go gutter whenever I enter a supermarket or grocers...
Well poor innocent me getting all spoilt by you pervs!

About the last eps:
I think I said it before but I'm getting a bit annoyed with the role of his "dad". I mean either he is such a hard-boiled guy who'd even destroy the son of the man for whoes sake he is on the revenge trip...then he should not only spit words but do something...if not kill then at least abduct one of YS's dear persons and blackmail him with deeds and not just words. Same with his hole concept of revenge...why if he now agrees with YS that the 5 should be destroyed in piblic before being killed does he not just work togehter with YS and then just kill them off afterwards?? Damn I think it's such a waste that they reduced KSJ's role to stares that only vary from mean/threatening/arrogant...
Ah well...I also wonder how long his right hand man will stay at his side...doubts about the general's methods were showing more and more...

And as Ecchan said. I'm curious about the prosecutor. Will he really be able to bust his dad?? And also when will Nana learn about their relation and how will she react if she finds out about daddy long legs' motive for being nice to her.
Also the vet... wonder if she'll turn against them at some point?
Oh and Minho has improved but I think it's all thanks to his co-actors. Each one of them is great and (I know I ranted about it before, excuse me) especially PMY. I liked her in SKKS but now I'm utterly in love with her chara. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:29

arakira wrote: Well poor innocent me getting all spoilt by you pervs!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes, the vet lady is also a very intriguing one. She knows all along who CH is and the fact that Nana was shot. But I presume that even her, as everyone in this drama, can have some dirt on herself to be used.
And I think Jinpyo said that that he allows his son to do revenge his style, but after that he'd kill them all nonetheless. Sometimes the presence only may have the sufficient effect, and Jinpyo surely is not the man you'd like to meet in a dark and empty parking lot. I don't think he has to do anything, his presence "somewhere close" is more than enough to keep some people terrified. President is the example - he knows that Jinpyo is alive breating the fumes of revenge. And this thought keeps him in fear.