God's Quiz - OCN, 2010-2011

Discuss Korean drama series here.

Do you want this to be subbed? (A poll is also running on Darksmurfsub)

Yes
90%
Maybe
3%
No
6%

Total votes: 31

Orion1986

God's Quiz - OCN, 2010-2011

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 11th, '11, 02:00

Original Title: 신의 퀴즈 / Shin-ui Quiz, 신의 퀴즈 시즌2 / Shin-ui Quiz 2
Genre: Medical, crime, mystery

Cast:
Ryu Duk Hwan as Han Jin Woo
Yoon Joo Hee as Kang Kyung Hee
Choi Jung Woo as Jang Kyu Tae
Park Joon Myun as Jo Young Shil
Na Yoon as Kim Sung Do
Park Da An as Go Yoon Jung

Directors: Lee Joon Hyung (Season 1), Lee Jung Pyo (Season 2)
Scriptwriter: Park Jae Bum
Broadcast Network: OCN
Number of episodes: 10 (Season 1), 12 (Season 2)
Broadcast dates: 2010-Oct-08 to 2010-Dec-10 (S1), 2011-Jun-10 to 2011-Aug-?? (S2)
Airtimes: Friday 22:00 (S1), Friday 24:00 (S2)

Synopsis from Dramawiki:

S1
Han Jin Woo, Korea's top medical examiner, leads a team of experts in conducting a medical crime investigation after strange events and mysterious deaths occur in a hospital.
He first clashes with but is later aided by Kang Kyung Hee, an attractive female detective who possesses excellent skill in martial arts and a strong sense of justice.

S2
Han Jin Woo and his team of medical experts continue to solve mysterious deaths and cases larger in scale and more intractable than before, including the truth of a rare disease that had been hidden behind seemingly simple crimes.

Subtitles: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 (Hotfile at least work)

Official Site: Season 1, Season 2
Dramawiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/God%27s_Quiz
Hancinema: Season 1, Season 2
Daum Cafe Page for S2: http://movie.daum.net/tv/detail/main.do ... amId=58384

Thank you, Ethlenn, for the help!

MV From the First OST of Season 2:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ua6d6HakmDw" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Poster Material:

Image Image Image Image

Stills: Seasons 1 and 2:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Credits: Dramawiki, Ethlenn, Hancinema etc. Pictures found through Google image search. Some of them from the official blog.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Feb 26th, '13, 14:12, edited 9 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 09:03

Oh, I did nothing, wuv!
I see the obsession is growing, keke :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 11th, '11, 09:13

It is indeed. ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 02:36

The first episode of S2 was niiice! And damn it, AGAIN, a song I love and can't find! This series keeps torturing me with its first episodes... Urgh... I'm gonna find em some day... I will...

I miss the long haired medical examiner lady though. She was nice. Still, most of them are there and the series is still rockin'. I hope they don't lose the human/story touch they had.

These two songs.. Must have em... :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 12th, '11, 08:39

What songs? First OST is out, and you have it so I presume it's something else. Mind cutting it or maybe there is already some cut?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 11:18

One is here. From 1:35 onwards.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lO4KH2F0HLM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Will post the other in a bit.

Oh my God! I think I found the second one! I think someone liked it too and posted the band!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J5Pj6PNCe44" frameborder="0"></iframe>

FOUNDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!! Now only the first left!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fPWvtfEo5KQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 12th, '11, 11:38

What an emo cutie at the beginning, muwahaha!! :rofl:
But the song is nice, send it to Ara^^

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jun 12th, '11, 17:38

Nice job on post... who knows, maybe we'll get all of 50 people watching this season! ;) Seriously, except for Strong Heart (on a non-idol week, at least), God's Quiz was the show I've gotten the least amount of hits on, sadly, but hopefully it'll get more attention with this.

And, wow, good job finding the song. When I'd seen the post where you were looking for it last night, I'd thought that's the song you meant, but I had absolutely no clue who it was. ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 18:22

It's really amazing, fangirlism. In english language sites, it's almost as if this series doesn't exist. And it's starring such known actors. It's quite a good quality production and still, nothing.
But I'm not giving up here. Just because young girls are the most well networked and most chatty, doesn't mean there aren't people who want to see this subbed. We ain't THAT special. Lol.

And still haven't found the first song, but I'll keep trying. If anyone who knows korean *wink* *wink* *hint* *hint* can maybe get the hangul for 1 line of lyrics from it, I can google that and see.

And I will be sure to tell Ara-chwan too. I posted about this on a greek forum I'm at as well. Will keep working hard here. You know me. If I get stubborn about something, there is no turning back. XD

I was wondering, DA is a big place. Should I also add a poll here, for people who want this to be subbed? If there's a lot of them here, I could also show this to DSS further down the road.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 12th, '11, 19:01

I'm bumping the thread on DSC for you, love^^ So that it will be on the board for a while :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 19:07

Noticed, hon. ^^ I hope more people would comment, since they are voting and all. They should figure that it will drop down and disappear if they don't and it doesn't help the purpose.

But hey, at least they are coming there and voting. It means there are people out there who want to see it and take the time to click a button for it. And thank you very much for ze bump, wuv.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 12th, '11, 21:17

I think its because this genre is not really popular. Its neither a romcom, nor a sob sob drama, nor a actiondrama nor does it have the realy popular idols... i personally am very interested in this drama

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 12th, '11, 21:27

I Don't think it's because the the genre because so many medical-crime...were subbed , It's maybe because the broadcast network , TvN's dramas also aren't subbed , just few ones !
Anyway Orion...Fightttiiiiiiiing ! You're doing a great job , I hope it will be fruitful !

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 12th, '11, 22:10

Well for me it's one of those genre combinations (in addition to action & war) I can't stand so... :whistling: But I think in general crime/medical should be quite popular?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 12th, '11, 22:52

Really? Ok, perhaps i overlooked something, because i've seen just about 4 subbed medicaldramas so far and watched 2 of them.
General Hospital 1+2
Sign
Dr. Champ

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '11, 23:23

Well, there don't seem to be many of them made, so...

This is mystery/crime. Trying to figure out how/why someone died and who's to blame. There's some light action once in a while, some chases and a little teasing will-they-won't-they romance.
And of course, there's the main mystery of Jin Woo's headaches/seizures and something else I can't spoil which is tied to the 2-episode finale. It's really not mixing many genres and not awkwardly.

I'll personally keep fighting for this. Even if it doesn't get subbed right now, more people will know about it. It's good to spread the word. This puppy will keep going and keep spamming the internets! :P

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 13th, '11, 09:04

What I ment was that in general medical/crime is pretty popular. I have no idea about Korean medical/crime dramas because I don't watch that genre. I do like mystery though, if it's something like The Devil (mystery/melo/romance).

I hope it draws interest. :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 13th, '11, 17:23

Hope so too. ^^

And I'm sure it's popular in Korea, with the target audience. It's just that the target audience doesn't usually flood the places most of us have access to.

As for your preferred genre, this has some angst and some romance too. And mystery. But it's not heavy on those. Doesn't feel soap-opera-ey at all.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 13th, '11, 17:27

You're trying to sell this to me?! Ok ok, I got a little interested, you bad lady! :lol *goes vote for subs*

At least the backpack guy looks cute.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 13th, '11, 17:41

The leading guy is adorable alright. And he makes the character so cute and fun. And the lady is very very nice as well. Love her to bits.
She doesn't over-butch it and she's SO cute when the feelings kick in. Womanly cute, not nyan cat cute, like most of these rom-com ones.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 06:44

Update: I added stills from both seasons. ^^ "Backpack Guy's" stills are all so serious. He's usually playing around and being nerdy and cutesy. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 14th, '11, 07:42

Oh, I love how some people go through all the trouble just to mess up with others. I mean, what's the use of voting "no'? You either hate drama, actors, director, topic, or someone inside the thread.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 07:49

Well, at least they vote. It's their right to hate it (or me) enough to vote against it. :roll

If I knew who they were, I'd even apologize for hurting their eyes with this crap they chose to read about. :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 14th, '11, 09:20

I don't see it in that way, after all, it's just a poll asking your own opinion; yes, no, maybe. For example I can honestly say I voted first no because I wasn't going to watch it (and that's what the poll asked) but then went to vote for the subs on DSS because I got a little interested. And I don't hate anyone or anything. :-) I don't see how I was messing up with anyone/anything. It's not like the no answers will nullify the yes answers or am I wrong?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 09:57

Nope. The yes is a yes and the no is a no. As long as more people vote for it than against it, it means most want to see it so it should be subbed. And if no one wanted it to, then tough luck for me.
Good to know it was you with an honest answer based on your likes/dislikes. Helps avoid any "Alright, who hates me?" paranoia. We've been treated like western b*tches enough to have some. XD

My thoughts upon reading your post: "Oh good. It's Viande. No one is trying to spite me for saying Her Sparkleness and her works can't hold a candle to such proper actors." :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 14th, '11, 10:24

Hmm, no. If I don't plan to watch the drama why bother and answer?
But Viande's opinion is always welcome^^ :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 10:28

Well, if I had put a Yes and a Maybe only there, it would be biased. I guess they could just not vote for it, but still. A No doesn't hurt. As long as the answers are honest.

So far, it doesn't look like anyone has done it being biased against us and not the series. Even if they did, who cares. You're not achieving much with that move. Muahahahaha! *still paranoid*

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 14th, '11, 15:15

Ethlenn, maybe because there is big shiny button that tells you to press it? Next time maybe not put "no" option at all, so that people like me don't feel urge to press it. :mrgreen:

Ori, you have to track down the second culprit and convince her/him too. :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 15:29

Ahaha. Poor she/he will end up screaming "Stop! Stop talking to me about this show! I'll never vote agaaaain! Noooooo!". :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 14th, '11, 16:52

Teh cutie official website:
http://www.cyworld.com/clownryu
And Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#/Clownryu

And some pics:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 14th, '11, 17:58

The man can even make a tracheotomy look awesome. I guess it's why they've had him do it in two occasions. Private Eye and here as well.
Am I nuts to swoon over a guy when he is shoving ball pen tubes in people's trachea? Or is it normal to admire that? Me and my crazy turn-ons...

Edit: New Hancinema article on this.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 15th, '11, 16:54

Im hoping this does get subbed. I wanted to watch the first season but never got around getting it, mostly because I knew there wasnt subs. This time around I will download it with or without subs- both the first and second season. I just need my damn laptop :glare:

Voted for the subs Ori!!!!! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 15th, '11, 17:35

Thanks, hon! Let's hope we can get a subbing effort going again. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 16th, '11, 21:33

Why no one ever told me this is NOT taking place at the hospital?? I saw the scalpel in teh cutie hand on the poster and I thought... (*censored*).
Me watching then! :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 16th, '11, 23:48

Hee hee. Ecchan is onboard. ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 21st, '11, 20:50

Hmm...would be nice to see it subbed...too bad none of us knows korean enough to do the translations...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 20:58

Find me japanese/korean script. I have some spare time for it^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 21st, '11, 21:09

You're not a superhero hon. :lol

No worries. I'll make this happen. You know what happens when I get stubborn...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 25th, '11, 00:32

For anyone liking the song at the end of episode 3, it's again by Hlin.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/riT2f5detJU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jun 28th, '11, 19:19

A question for you guys:

I recently found someone who was willing to trade for a copy of s1 of this with Eng subs (instead of trying to charge me an outrageous amount, oi), but, while the picture quality of the eps is okay (you can tell it's just edited files of the same kind of caps that are already around, but still okay), the subs... well, you can definitely tell that it's a (likely machine) translation from the Chinese rather than someone who knew Korean. Heck, you can tell it's not someone who knew English all that well, either (parts of it I was having to actually guess what was actually being said, because it made no sense in English as was). It's not the worst Engrish I've ever come across (that award might go to the subs on Why Did You Come to My House, oi), but still. So the question is, which do you think is the better option:

1) I go ahead and cut out the eps with the subs as is and put it up here. This will mean that people can watch the show, if not necessarily all that happily, but they will have download the eps again although they might already have them.

2) I see if I can't pull the subs from the disc and we (as a group of volunteers, since I've never timed something in my life, so it would suck if that were left entirely to me ;) retime it to fit the batch upload that Ethlenn did. We could also (if people don't mind, and in a best guess kind of way rather than a truly know the language kind of thing) clean up the subs enough so that they're more helpful than distracting.

3) Forget it and leave things alone in hopes someone will actually sub s1 eventually.

I'm open to any of it, so just let me know if anyone has an opinion one way or another.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 28th, '11, 19:30

I know of this DVD, but since the company admitted to the subs being problematic (and if they even admit it, you KNOW they suck), I didn't see it as a viable option.

However, some subs are better than no subs and a start. We definitely should keep the good quality files and do softsubs for this. It's a shame, since it's a visually nice show.
Thing is, I think we can let DSS or people in general know about this. If they have the "machine translated" version, it will be less work for them. They might be more willing.

And if this isn't enough motivation to get someone to make proper subs for this series, then we can do our best by ourselves. But we'd still need Korean speaking person/s to verify and help with the awful machine translation.
So, I'll notify DSS first and ask them what they think about this, since they haven't been vocal about their thoughts themselves. I might also ask around other groups. I'm not too involved in such things to help all you can, guys.
Let's see if people are willing to do this or maybe "recruit" some who might be willing to help us. If no one else will even consider doing it, the worst case scenario, we can take a swing at 1-2 episodes and see if we can do it.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jun 28th, '11, 20:31

I tested and I definitely can pull the subs, such as they are, so yays for that. The timing's in place on them as you'd expect, but it'll be wrong for the files we have, of course. So if you know anyone over at DSS who you could feel out about them, we could *maybe* get the timing fixed ourselves.

Some of the clean up on the subs could even be done without someone who understands Korean, in that the names are wrong (typical for subs pulled from Chinese, really) and there are typos everywhere... coroner is spelled conor over and over again. ;) But, yeah, for some of it you'd really have to guess or have it verified by someone who knows what they were really saying 'cause the English isn't actual English. *snork*

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 28th, '11, 20:44

There are chinese subs on the DVD as well, right? If those are correct, we are in a good spot. I am currently asking around there.
Will make sure to get the general opinion of the ksection in subbing. If they do feel they can do this, good, if not, we can try ourselves.

Timing might be very easy, as long as I have the srt. I can basically shift any and all subtitles forwards or backward in time with programs.
And I can make any corrections for them. As long as I have the srt, it shouldn't be too difficult, but we might need another person for it.

As for translating, we'd definitely need one who knows Korean and English, if we go for that. If we use the chinese subs as well, we'd need 2 people. K-E and C-E. But then we'd probably have sure quality.
I do think we can gather a few people and try this. I'll contact DSS further about this and depending on how things go, we can rip the eng and chi subs, time them and go from there or something. We'll see.

I've never subbed a series before so I'm not too familiar with how the process should be done, but I bet we can get enough people to at least shed some light for us on these issues, if not help with them.

Will get back to you on this. ^^

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Jun 28th, '11, 20:56

I don't know how to pull the Chinese srt, though. I can pull the English one since I can use OCR, but it won't work on kanji or characters I can't type on my keyboard. Now I have the VOB file, so if someone knew of some way of ripping the Chinese sub, at least the idx/sub files (which we could then convert to srt, most likely), then it would be fine, but it's definitely not knowledge I have. ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 28th, '11, 21:00

We'll figure it out. Might take some time and effort, but we'll figure it out. :-)
DSS have the tech and knowledge, we have "ready" eng and chi subs for them (we can work something with the chinese ones, I'm sure).
If they take this one, piece of cake. If they don't, some tough work ahead, but still doable. ^^

A roughly timed srt and people to tidy up and correct the subs. As long as we get the right people, we're golden.

I might contact you on DSS in the next few days so do keep an eye on your account there, lady with the subs. ;)
They might want a sample of "how bad" the subs are to decide if it's too much work or not to take a swing at it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 28th, '11, 21:44

I copied this from j-subtitles thread, maybe this can be of some help:
Avallac'h wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Did you have any problems ripping the subs or synchronizing the subs with the video?
What program did you use to rip the subs? SubRip?
What program did you use to synchronize the subs?
I use VideoSubFinder + FineReader(for OCR) .
And I use DSRT for synchronizing.
Quality of your video is good. So, FineRader recognized the text almost without mistakes.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 29th, '11, 03:31

Thanks for the help, Ecchan. :D I knew there are ways, just wasn't sure which. Ahaha. But a bit of googling would get us there. Thanks for potentially sparing us some hard searching. Hard... Ehehehe. *slaps self*

Update:

It seems DarkSmurf decides on which shows to "pitch" to the subbers. I heard there are also quite a few translators who are into medical/crime etc shows, so we have some hope.
If the chinese subs are good, this will help them a lot. Also, we just need to prove people are interested in this. We got votes and good quality raws too, so this helps us very much.

I am going to create a private message on DSS, between DS, me and micehell (if u're ok with it) and show him what we've got, explain to him what we can do and what we want.
After that, it all depends on him and on the translators at DSS. But let's give this one a go. We'll never know until we try. And if we get a no, we'll see where we go from there.

Update 2: F*CK ME, I found the song! That song from the first episode of Season 1!!!!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JODa1zzFops" frameborder="0"></iframe>

iamnothyper

Post by iamnothyper » Oct 15th, '13, 21:01

D; can someone seed the hi-friend batch? :(

Everlasting

OST

Post by Everlasting » Aug 14th, '14, 17:00

Hi! I'm looking for the soundtracks of God's Quiz (season 1, 2 and 3) but I can't find them anywhere... :/
If it's not forbidden in this forum, can someone give me links to download them please?

Thanks in advance.