Discuss Korean drama series here.
The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Protect the Boss ( SBS , 2011)

Post by The Chaos » Jun 27th, '11, 14:10

Drama Info
Title: 보스를 지켜라 / Boseureul Jikyeora
Previously known as: 보스가 달라졌어요 The Boss Has Changed / 마지막 여비서 The Last Secretary
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2011-Aug-03 to TBA
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis
No Eun Seol finally gets a job as a secretary at a law firm after struggling with unemployment, only to fall in love with her boss, Cha Ji Heon, the immature youngest son of a chaebol family.

Cast
Choi Kang Hee as No Eun Seol
Ji Sung as Cha Ji Heon
Hero Jaejoong as Cha Moo Won :wub:
Wang Ji Hye as Seo Na Yoon
Lee Hee Won (이희원) as Yang Ha Young
Lee Hee Jin
Park Young Kyu
Cha Hwa Yun
Kim Chung

Teaser 1 :
Teaser 2:
Last edited by The Chaos on Jul 26th, '11, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '11, 16:23

I hope Wang Ji Hye will play another b*tchy character. She has quite the experience, kekeke...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 27th, '11, 19:09

I wanna watch this for Hero and however I like Ji Sung ,his choices arent at my taste !
Wang Ji Hye is, one of those actresses, which just her wardrobe pisses me off !
Anyway , Ill try to watch the first episode !

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 27th, '11, 19:53

Again, I will watch the drama for Ji Sung but not sure if I am going to see it till the end or itcwill be dropped just like his last two.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 28th, '11, 06:00

Hmm wonder if Jaejung'll be watchable in a korean production. Only seen him in a certain wreck of a Japanese drama . . . Keke and though I never managed to finish a Jisung drama, too. He's fine enough to give this a try ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 28th, '11, 09:26

I couldn't finish this drama.
Eh well, I never had any high expectations for Jaejung as an actor, but I will check this out anyway. For the peace of my fangirl heart.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jun 29th, '11, 15:28

Jaejoong started filming yesterday ..there no pics yet but can't wait to see him ^^
Btw his Role is :
[INFO/TRANS] Role Details of our Prince of Finance – Cha Muwon (Kim Jaejoong)

The synopsis was released couple of days ago so there is a possibility that it may be updated. But it gives you a good idea of what kind of a person our Prince is in 《Protect The Boss》 ^^

Charismatic Powerhouse – The Prince of Finance

Fulfills the leadership/management role in Team 2 of the strategic business unit (SBU) operating under ‘C Corporation’. He is also the paternal cousin of Cha Jihun, who is the immature youngest son of said mega corporation.

Cha Muwon’s mother, Shin Sukhee, is the president of a subsidiary company under C corporation, as well as the sister-in-law of Chairman Cha of C Corporation.

Although Cha Muwon holds the position of Team 2 Manager, in reality, he is the Control Tower of the corporation. Muwon manages both Team 2 and Team 1, which was in fact originally intended to be supervised by his cousin, Cha Jihun. Because Muwon possesses substantial leadership skills and intuitive nature, he handles inter-personal communication excellently. He also holdes himself as a gentleman at all times. He, indeed, is the Prince of the Financial World.

In an attempt to gain more management authority, he secretly set in motion several plans that would set the stage for the power struggle with his cousin. Using his mother’s subsidiary corporation as a vessel, he discreetly utilized funds to increase his shares in the C corporation. At the same time, he roped in a number of shareholders and personnel over to his side. Also a part of the plan is the marriage to his cousin’s first love, Seo Nayun, who is the eldest daughter of ‘P Corporation’ President.

In order to keep tabs on his cousin, he strategically hired No Eunsul. But his eyes keep going to her….

Looks like our Prince role is a challenging one~ o(^▽^)o

Source: 山米loveissami
Translation By: JYJ3

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 22:25

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5qJZt4Ul6Do" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Oh yes, I have some free time to spend on looking for such stuff.
Jisung hair is meh...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 2nd, '11, 22:35

Thanks E-chan ^^ saw only Jae cut this morning >o<
glad to see his old black hair back XD

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jul 13th, '11, 23:08

uh, back on line and Internet access :cheers:

Just in time for Jae drama. I so hope it will be better then this Japan's disaster! How he managed to receive award for it is one of great mysteries of universe. But I have bad feelings here. Story do not seems promising for demanding actor's skills and this type of characters that he is playing in such comedies are overplayed and look stupid or super evil. And it always pissing me off becouse I sort of feel for them. They work hard all life and one day overgrown child-like guy is comming, taking everything by some miracle and make them miserable. And all girls fall for this new guy of course. Ghrr! Why he did not took something more serious?
And Ji Sung I like and I would not want to have bad intents for him just becose he plays oposite Jea.. being fan is such hard work!

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 26th, '11, 00:16

i edit it the first Post with New image and put link for both trailers ^o^
8 days till the drama air :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 10th, '11, 19:17

Ok, the first episode won me over. I laughed like mad. Tears in my eyes, belly hurting, squeezing pillow. What a CRAZY bunch of characters! I love them! The cast is awesome too!
And I did find Jae Joong cute in that disaster of a drama, Sunao ni Narenakute, but he's very charming here. And he's not annoying me with his acting like some idol guys I can mention.

Also, the line about the rice farmers by the ex-secretary was EPIC! Absolutely brilliant! I love series when they are funny and smart and use a cast to the best of their abilities! Want more NAO!

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 10th, '11, 19:33

No signs of viki subs so far. Is DSS the only group that picked this drama to sub? I just can't wait to see it. Ji Sung's hair is so silly here. :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 10th, '11, 20:14

Trust me, the hair is the least of what is epic about this character. He is absolutely nuts, like the rest of em! Love him! I'm only 1 episode in and I'm loving everyone and everything!

P.S: And what a nice pic of the KID that is. Too many hot men in our signatures... Mah werds!

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 11th, '11, 01:20

just finished watching ep1 and I have to say that I totally loved it. hope it stays like this till the end. I have seen most of Ji Sung's dramas and this character is just different from all of them and it seems that comedy really does suit him. this might be the one drama that I will not drop after his last two.
I saw Jae Joong in sunao and he was cute enough to catch my eyes. here, I am totally into his character. looking forward to see the love triangle between them three.
checked subs for ep2 on DSS and it seems that it would be ready by tomorrow. can't wait. 8)

@ori
thank you dear. yep the KID looking good here so I thought I keep it in front of my eyes for most of times. even though he is already on my laptop wallie. :P

edit

OK, it's Official. "Protect the Boss" is my favourite drama of the season. just finished watching ep2 and I totally hooked. the hard bit is I have to wait each week for new eps.

today a new ep and I just can't wait.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 12th, '11, 06:01

I wasn't going to watch this at all, but then decided to try it anyway. I saw a few cute gifs made out of it, and I do like Choi Kang Hee.

I think the first 2 episodes were pretty good. Not super addictive or anything like that, but I wasn't annoyed either. I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't as funny as you made it sound, but I did enjoy the father beating up his son in the elevator and the secretaries covering up the cctv. Not that I enjoy violence, but the secretaries were just too funny! :P

At first I was pretty annoyed with the male lead's awful hair. Something about those immature curly-haired men *coughGooJunPyocough* doesn't really go with me, and I was so sure I'd never like him. But he has already won me over. Haha, I'm so easy! Choi Kang Hee is so pretty and so awesome in this. It's nice that there are more strong female characters these days and it's funny that she was a bit of a yankee in her olden days (and still seems to be...). The characters have great chemistry and a nice dynamic, so I'll expect this to get interesting.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 13th, '11, 04:21

:tv: :tv: :clap:
Yay I did manage to watch all the aired episodes and what am I supposed to say!I like it so muuuuuch , it so funny ,so crazy,so cute...and the romance it started sooner than I thought!
Jisung is doing a good job , I ve never had a doubt about his acting skills but most of his works wern't appealing to me and dropped most of them! (exept for "New heart" , it was medical and I love kmedical dramas :heart: )
Im not sure about Jaejong' acting ...anyway.
And Wang Ji Hye never appealed to me as an actress , here she's not that b*tchy , wich doesnt really suit her !but who cares I like the main leads :wub: :wub:
As for Choi Kang Hee I saw her in a few movies + as a cameo in "Thank you" and I always liked her !Here she'sperfectly perfect and has a great chemistry with JiSung!
It quite reminds me of "Greatest love" , this one -for me- is muuuch better and unlike GL it owned me from the first episode.
So I'll pray for this ! :pray:
Last edited by Sham26 on Aug 13th, '11, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '11, 10:11

Sham26 wrote:And Wang Ji Hye never appealed to me as an actress , here she's not that b*tchy , wich doesnt really suit her !
yep, specially that I just finished Personal Preferences and there she was super b***h and I saw her again in similar character (more or less) I was kind of annoyed.
for some reasons, Jae Joong's charm working on me and I am finding myself liking his character more and more with each ep. his acting is improving by each ep and he is showing more and more emotions as story unfolds. I like the fact how childish both JH and MW can get at times.
somehow, I really don't see this drama as comedy. I mean I am not sitting in front of my screen :tv: but I do enjoy its humour.
it's good that I have that sort attraction to Ji Sung that I have to try his dramas in what ever way, form or shape. I hope this drama stays fresh and entertaining.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 13th, '11, 17:50

Oh yeah she was more tna a b*tch in "Personal Taste" and her wardrobe there was :cussing: !
I agree with you about Jae Jong's acting , he's more and more into the character , he's so cute and that wet shirt was priceless ! :heart:
About Ji Sung , I ve read a recap of his "interview" in "Healing Camp" ep03 and he's so adorable and honest

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 18th, '11, 14:40

OK, the story is getting more interesting. I love the love triangle between two male leads and the main female lead. as for Na Yoon, I really think her character is just a filler. not much impact on over all story and it could do without her. she is not someone with strong character or anything. apart from the fact that she and JH shared a past together.
and the past does not even seem very important to JH as he totally forgotten her. usually, in your average kdrama, you see the main lead goes through doubt and pain whenever their old love come back. nothing as such is happening in PtB. there is some hint of MW being in love with her (even fooling around with behind JH's back) but even with this past, you see him happier to see ES than NY. )
again, now I am torn between the two main lead. I know I want JH to end up with ES but don't want MW to stay alone and don't want him to end up with NY for any case. that actress gets under my skin. :crazy:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 18th, '11, 15:28

^ I actually like Na Yoon quite a bit. I mean, she is annoying, but at least she's not just that mean and manipulative b*tch like second leads usually are. She's actually really insecure about herself, and while I feel bad, I think it's hilarious how she cries her eyes out in the bathroom. I think her character is really refreshing!

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 18th, '11, 15:42

SSpiegel wrote:^ I actually like Na Yoon quite a bit. I mean, she is annoying, but at least she's not just that mean and manipulative b*tch like second leads usually are. She's actually really insecure about herself, and while I feel bad, I think it's hilarious how she cries her eyes out in the bathroom. I think her character is really refreshing!
I have to agree with you on this part. It's true. she is not super B****y as some evil characters in kdramas. but what is the point of her character anyway? just someone to pair up with who ever ends up losing the girl? I don't know why, but I just can't see the importance of her character. maybe I change my mind in future eps but definitely not shipping her with any of main leads. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 18th, '11, 17:58

What I love about series like these, is that they don't resort to a mean villain to keep things going. Everyone is a nice person, they just have their own issues.
I love even her in this one. Even the moms. You don't have to annoy viewers to keep their attention if your story and cast are good. Shows lack of confidence.

This series is becoming one of my favorites, if not my favorite of all the summer ones. It's light, it's funny, sweet, good cast and characters that are adorable.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 19th, '11, 16:12

:P I think both moms are your typical cliché evil moms here too. well, atleast by end of ep6.
I am starting to have more sympathy towards NY after ep5. she and MW are very similar. very reserved and controlled by their parents. still, not very convinced by them as couple but that's how it will most probably end. and why KJJ is SO cute?:doh: I don't need another kid to fall for.

as for Ji Sung, this guy just makes me love him more and more by each ep. his character reminds of JW of "Secret Garden" but more childish and playful. I said before that I can't remember Ji Sung playing such a comic character before but it just hit me today that he had kind of comic role in "New Heart" drama too. of course he was not as childish as JH.

every ep is full of cute moments that I keep rewinding to watch it over and over and over...
like the scene from ep5 beginning when ES is trying to wake him up and spots the yellow underwear she has given him. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 23rd, '11, 11:44

So I'm after the first episode and I love it so far. It's wacky, crazy, and genuinely funny. Older actors are pure delight to watch, plus Choi Kang Hee who is great.
I was laughing almost through entire epiosde, and even though I know there will be some clash in the future, I don't care! :mrgreen:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Aug 23rd, '11, 11:48

Preview for Next ep ^__^

I wish I can see tomorrow ep XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 23rd, '11, 12:12

This drama is pure bliss! I love how even Mu Neu Nim (he's stuck with that now) is losing his cool image and joining the wacky fun. You can tell he's family, cause he's also nuts. Ahaha.

Such a light fun series. Well-placed angst, doesn't insult me, talented cast. And even if the moms are "bad" they are not melo bad or annoying bad. They're also cute in their own special way.

The trailer is epic as well. Ah, that elevator. It has seen so much family and peer abuse. I love how they all fight in it and now even cous' and Na Yoon are joining the crazy Battles of the Elevator.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 23rd, '11, 12:40

:lol yes. loving how Mu Neu Nim is slowly losing it. it's just making him more human. and Jea Joon's acting getting better too.
I also like how JH dad is smacking him from left and right and others try to cover the CCTV camera.
this drama just lighten up my whole day when I watch it. I am off to watch ep6. save it for today. :mrgreen:
ps. I want those cartoon version of 3 leads. don't care about Na Yoon :P

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 23rd, '11, 14:16

Episode 5: I loved loved loved
the crazy confession!

"Do you like me?"
"Am I crazy?"
"Right!"
"Right, I am crazy!"

I thought it was absolutely priceless! I'm not sure how that sort of a confession would go with me, tho: "Look, you're ugly. And stupid. But I still like you". Haha!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 25th, '11, 11:31

This series is pure fun to watch. Now JH is turning into obsessed stalker, and I find his love both childish, and overwhelming (I know, sounds like a contradiction, but it's the fact he has 2 sides to him).
I seriously wanted to hug Mu Neu nim when he was rejected, he was so pitiful, aww.
Can't wait for the fighting scene^^

And Na Yun is not some evil b*tch, she wants to be, but she's comical. She's not usual evil girl in this drama. Mothers are more like witches though (piercing the Chairman's foot was just great).

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 25th, '11, 15:11

I have to watch the last ep with sub of course and I might change my mind once I have done but so far I am little bit disappointed with last 2 eps.

It's kind of getting draggy and boring now that JH has confessed his love for ES. I did not and still don't like NY alot but I hope they pair her up with MW (we all know that she is going to end up with him anyway) quite soon in here because watching both of your lead running after ES and her confusion is getting annoying just by 2 eps. Add the crying and childish constant complaints of NY to the mix and you get even annoyed. I don't think I can take 7 more eps if the story continues like this.
Maybe it was a bit early in the story for JH to realise his love for ES or even confessing it. Because once this done and over, you need quiet strong holding story to keep as fresh and funny as previous eps.

Up to ep6, story was superb, funny and great unique characters that you don't see them often in Kdramas. But the last 2 eps felt like your average kdrama. Not very unique. I even got bored watching in some points.
Again, I need to see them with subs to make my final thoughts.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 27th, '11, 07:40

I disagree, myself. I love it now even more. And I love the confession in the way it is done. In most dramas, it happens so late and the relationship is left at "romance" and attraction level.
But Ji Heon is not really deeply in love with her. He's just attracted and feels safe. It's kiddy romance, since he is stuck at mental age 10 and below. It hasn't developed into love quite yet.

With the confession and things out in the open, it can develop now. He can mature and his feelings deepen. He'll become a better man for her and fall deeply for her in the process.
Eun Seol will also have time to ease into her feelings, which she has been ignoring all her life, in favor of surviving and working. She is also immature in love and fighting against it.
If it goes as I hope, it will be one of the very few rom-com series to have proper love in it and not just romance. Knowing a person creates love. Simple "I wuv you" is just attraction.

I also love Na Yoon very much now, and MW. I love it because they are realistic and they are all the same. Which makes the scene where they are all drunk and piled up so very important.
These three kids, cause they're still kids, have exactly the same issues. They haven't grown up yet and they can't express themselves. They had too much attention and little understanding.
And Eun Seol is the first person to be human to them and not a bossy figure they need to please. Which is why they are all clinging to her. Even Na Yoon was happy to have a shopping buddy.

I feel that through Eun Seol, these people will become their own masters and mature. And in return, she will stop and allow herself to enjoy life and stop feeling and acting too old for her age.

I really do hope the series continues like this. So far, it's non-stop fun, the drama and serious moments have impact without being weepy melo and the characters and plot are rich as heck.
I love that this series is always doing something I hope it will and that is realistic, and not what I expect it to do, based on the cliche world of kdrama. If it keeps going this strong, it's a favorite.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '11, 07:54

Have to agree with Ori (at last) on this. In most Kdramas, love confessions appears in ep. 10 or up, so no time for building a proper romance and relationship. And I think there are lots of possibilities to laugh for those who prefer comedy, but also some quiter moments for those who don't feel the need to laugh all the time.
Sorry, in depressed mood after Princess' Man...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 27th, '11, 08:32

While I wasnt able to watch this 2 weeks episodes I was just wondering what could exactly happen, now that I caught up with the drama I can say that it doesnt matter if objectively or subjectively I still love the drama ! and I adore JH'lines when he's "serious" and his clothes , epiiic!
As I sais before I like the speed of the romance and I agree with you Ori ! :thumright:

Oh Ethlenn , This is why I haven't started Princess' Man yet ! Hope you'll get better : )

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 27th, '11, 08:45

A sageuk is sad? I'm shocked. XD Hang in there, love. Watch this series to balance things. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '11, 08:57

This drama rips me to pieces... :alcoholic:

But I have a countermeasure, need more win... ehm, Protect The Boss, that is...
Anyone has any bts cuts? Pweeze?

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 27th, '11, 10:24

OK guys, please don't kill me because I have insulted the one perfect drama.

first of all, I don't have anything against early confessions of love in dramas but "for me" last two eps were kind of dragging with some repeated scenes. every thing Ori said. is very true and great when it happens in real world. but this is the drama world and we don't actually know if the writer will go through those steps in life for JH and ES characters to realise their love or not. that's what I meant. I am scared that they just going to spend the entire series him hitting on her and she keeps confused and then YN on the side crying her eyes out because no one wants her. if this going to happen, the early confession will ruin the story. if this going to happen, then maybe sorting out JH mental problems and make him behave like a man and not a kid first and then confess would be much better storyline.
that's all I was saying in my previous post.
and never forget, in drama land, there is a little red self destruction button that sometimes is pressed by PDs...at a perfect moment when the drama on its best. :whistling:
Last edited by Issy on Aug 27th, '11, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '11, 10:33

Aww, Issy, dear, this ain't perfect drama. It's just we like it the way it is. I have no complaints, I never complain. I sometimes just mop the floor with some dramas, but complaints? Nah...

And don't scare me about "a little red self destruction button that sometimes is pressed by PDs" as you perfectly put it, please...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 27th, '11, 18:15

Issy-kins, we like it so far and hope for the future, I guess. But that red button is always there, so are many ways to destroy a good series. But so far, it's going in a way most of us like.
So, no one will be killing you. Ahaha. Unless the show does take a bad turn and they are superstitious, which might make em attack you. We'll hurt em all and stop em if they do though. :P

Frankly, I think PD stands for Production Destruction. That's all they seem to do, sometimes. Well, them and the ones behind the story. I'll never ever forgive certain mess ups. NEVA!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 28th, '11, 02:19

Nobody has to like a hyped drama. You have the right to say, that this drama is in your opinion bs.
I like the drama so far. The main reason is what Issy doesn't like: the early love-developement. The both have feelings for each other. But unlike in other kdramas is the female-lead more rational
she knows, that she wants the job and a relationship with the rich and spoiled boss can ruin her whole life, so she keeps her feelings at bay. And i absolutly love it, how she owns the "traditional mother-in-laws", who are the most feared factor in all the other kdramas.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '11, 02:58

I think I need to clear some points.
I really DO love PtB and enjoy it alot and don't mind its hype it is one of my favourite dramas of this season. Also don't have problem with its love confession so early. What I don't like is to for them to stay in this phase till the end.

I felt the last 2 eps were dragging because as I mentioned I saw them raw and they were heavy dialogued eps. You need to understand their reasoning ( like JH reason for him to be with ES is because he is less handsome than MW :scratch: :mrgreen: ) in order for not feeling bored. Unless they look like your everage kdrama leads fighting over one girl.
Did I not say it in correct wording in the first place? But I just don't know how to rephrase it again to make it what I mean. :scratch:

anyway, it's only half way through the drama. Isn't this a time where the angst normally starts in your everage dramas and things gets tough for the main leads and drift them apart even for a short time?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 28th, '11, 09:04

Some BTD... ee... BTS.... :whistling:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RQoWg1U314Y?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Aug 28th, '11, 09:10

In this drama,I just noticed the steering wheels of cars are on the left now, weren't they on the right in earlier dramas? If so, did Korea change traffic laws? I'm just curious :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 28th, '11, 10:17

Yes indeed, there is a law changing that (so I read), but since I'm not that interested I didn't delve. Will give a link to the article when I find it.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Aug 28th, '11, 11:02

Ethlenn wrote:Yes indeed, there is a law changing that (so I read), but since I'm not that interested I didn't delve. Will give a link to the article when I find it.
Thanks Ethlenn, btw please don't worry about the link, I'm just wondering, that's all. Must be a major change for Korea, both in law and culture.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 28th, '11, 11:36

The steering wheels were on the left side earlier too, but the law is to change the traffic direction and to reverse to pre-colonial rule. It's all I know now.

Update:
V.A Protect The Boss OST Part.6

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 29th, '11, 16:15

update, ep7 was great after watching with subs. (I did say that I might change my mind once I see it with sub in the first place, didn't I?) :mrgreen:
off to watch ep8 now.
btw, I seriously love JH's dad and grandma. love how is happy over the fact his son was able to hit more than MW. :lol

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 29th, '11, 20:57

Overall its a very interesting drama. As its a traditional romcom, but then again it makes fun of a lot of the kdrama-stereotypes( f e. the evil mother-in-law) and this without becoming a parody. This point is great (at least for me).

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 30th, '11, 06:51

ImL0st wrote:In this drama,I just noticed the steering wheels of cars are on the left now, weren't they on the right in earlier dramas? If so, did Korea change traffic laws? I'm just curious :-)
How early dramas? 30's, 40's? I have never seen a steering wheel on the right, but maybe I was unlucky. Or just those around 100 dramas I've seen is not enough. :mrgreen:

Maybe you just watched Capital Scandal? I think in that drama, they may have steering wheel on right. Because South Korea changed from Japanese to American driving rule right after WW2, and I don't think that there has been any changes to it.

Yesterday, I started this drama, got through first 3 episodes and I like it, despite the fact that main actress is not pretty.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 30th, '11, 08:15

It's a shock to go back to normal beautiful women after so much plastic around, eh? I find her pretty. ^^
Yes, she has wrinkles and looks her age, which seems to be a crime in S.Korean celebrity industry.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Aug 30th, '11, 08:47

Neliets wrote:
ImL0st wrote:In this drama,I just noticed the steering wheels of cars are on the left now, weren't they on the right in earlier dramas? If so, did Korea change traffic laws? I'm just curious :-)
How early dramas? 30's, 40's? I have never seen a steering wheel on the right, but maybe I was unlucky. Or just those around 100 dramas I've seen is not enough. :mrgreen:

Maybe you just watched Capital Scandal? I think in that drama, they may have steering wheel on right. Because South Korea changed from Japanese to American driving rule right after WW2, and I don't think that there has been any changes to it.

Yesterday, I started this drama, got through first 3 episodes and I like it, despite the fact that main actress is not pretty.
Haha, maybe I mistook some other country's dramas; anyway, I'm just curious, not a big issue :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 30th, '11, 09:15

Ep09 Preview
Why previews are so late ? :scratch:
Ithink the female lead is pretty and have wonderful eyes !(beauty is in the eye of the beholder though)
So cutte

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '11, 09:19

Oh gods, that was funny, thanks Sham, darling!!

Was it NaYoon in Eunseol's house? Seriously, I love this woman, she's so funny and insecure.

And a word from Jae:
On August 30th, JYJ’s Jaejoong sat down for an interview and expressed his desire of having a love line for his character in the drama, SBS’s ‘Protect the Boss‘.

Back on the 17th, his character ‘Cha Moo Won’ was involved in a kiss scene with fellow friend and advertisement partner, ‘Seo Na Yoon’
(played by Wang Jihye). Because the kiss scene was an unexpected one, fans were taken by surprise and began expressing
interest in how their relationship will develop.

Jaejoong commented, “In the drama, I’ve never even held hands with Jihye-ssi before we had our kiss. Even during the time of the
recording, I was chatting with her comfortably while acting. I was actually really surprised to see the passionate reactions from so many
fans after that particular scene was aired.”

He continued, “Because of the kiss scene, I began to think that in Moo Won’s heart, he still had feelings for Na Yoon even though he
liked Noh Eun Seol. I want for Moo Won to have a love line with either one of the two. I’ll continue to work hard to turn Moo Won into a
character that both I and the viewers want.”

Source + Photos: Everyday Economy via Naver +Allkpop

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Aug 30th, '11, 18:34

Neliets wrote: Yesterday, I started this drama, got through first 3 episodes and I like it, despite the fact that main actress is not pretty.
I think she looks okay compared to the lead actor. The lead actor is not good looking (IMHO). The good thing is, We don't care as long as the story and the acting is great.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '11, 18:44

bloodbath-angel wrote: The lead actor is not good looking (IMHO).
Joke tag begins
One answer:
<iframe title="VideoBam video player" type="text/html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="320" height="236" src="http://videobam.com/widget/qIOji/1"></iframe>
Joke tag ends.

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Aug 30th, '11, 18:58

Ethlenn wrote:
bloodbath-angel wrote: The lead actor is not good looking (IMHO).
Joke tag begins
One answer:
<iframe title="VideoBam video player" type="text/html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="320" height="236" src="http://videobam.com/widget/qIOji/1"></iframe>
Joke tag ends.
LOL! Should i expect more reactions like this? Is that actor well loved by this community? Sorry, but i really don't find him attractive at all. Please, don't kill me! :P and yes, I'll shut up now. :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '11, 19:01

Was kidding. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 30th, '11, 19:23

I don't find lead actor good looking, too. I got scolded by Orion for saying that main actress is not pretty. Is not that she is ugly or something, but at times she looks... too vulgar.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '11, 19:43

Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Let's not delve into such strong personal preferences, because I can see the clouds of war on the horizon. It's the talent that counts, right?

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 30th, '11, 20:08

:blink :blink :blink Ji Sung is NOT handsome ??????? :blink :blink :blink

:scratch: :crazy: :goggle: :cussing:

:mrgreen:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 30th, '11, 20:43

My favorites are always considered as ugly or talentless or just plain bastards. The trick is to think of it as personal preference and not take it as a personal attack. Every one of us is entitled to our own opinions and we shouldn't be afraid to express them because somebody might disagree.
I don't find Ji Sung particularly handsome, but that doesn't stop me from liking him. And I understand if someone doesn't find Choi Kang Hee that beautiful, she's not a traditional beauty, but to me she's very pretty and I've always liked her a lot. It's just opinions, people! :)

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Aug 30th, '11, 20:47

Started on this Sunday. I really like it so far. The main lead is cute, and his acting is a bit over the top, but I find it amusing.... the main actress I find beautiful at times, then she makes a goofy face and ruins it, lol.

It seems like its the same elements of a romcom with a few twists. I guess I am just a romcom girl.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 30th, '11, 20:49

Hahahaha ! Ethlenn's your joke killed me , I'll use it as my answer and won't be kidding ! :evil:
Afterall we may disagree but we accept each others opinons , it would be boring if everyone has the same taste! :love:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '11, 21:33

This is why D-A is such a wonderful place, because we don't follow others' opinions.

:whistling: :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 30th, '11, 21:52

SSpiegel wrote: The trick is to think of it as personal preference and not take it as a personal attack. Every one of us is entitled to our own opinions and we shouldn't be afraid to express them because somebody might disagree.
I don't find Ji Sung particularly handsome, but that doesn't stop me from liking him. And I understand if someone doesn't find Choi Kang Hee that beautiful, she's not a traditional beauty, but to me she's very pretty and I've always liked her a lot. It's just opinions, people! :)
Yeah. That's why I was :mrgreen: At the end. It's all about personal preferences and different views. :whistling:
As for CKH, I do find her very cute and very likeable. She does charm you with her acting. She may not be strikingly pretty but she sure does have talent.
To be honest, I do find actresses who are known for their beauty, do shine less in acting than the ones who are not. But this is my own observation and opinion.
:whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 31st, '11, 00:17

So good we have words like cute, interesting or orginal to describe people when we still want to be polite (or alive :lol ). Anyway as for me personaly Ji Sun is interesting, Choi Kang Hee is cute. :P But I like her in comedies, she fit and can balance on this line when person is still funny but not embarasment to watch.
BTW I can't understand why they all are so focused on this CJH guy. He is kind of like puppy and if with animals I find it endering with people I just can not stand this kind of character at all. She was totally right with her speach: he just makes people tired. What can be seen as cute if person is 5 years old 2 years later start to be inconvinient and 20 just simply make me want to punch the guy between inocent blinking eyes. I know, I know it is comedy but still.. Actor is not so bad as I still enjoy his actions (this stalking behind glass around restaurants is priceless even if overacted after 8 episodes) but in real life I would quit job after week max. Even if second manager has his office right next to and is :wub: I do not even go into romance part, i do not do children, thank you very much!
My favorites are always considered as ugly or talentless or just plain bastards
Ah, so like me (maybe except ugly part)! I do not know why but they often put better looking guys in minor parts or make characters from second plan so much more intersting. And sorry, here I would say it is exception but this second women/man is usualy way more worth being romance interest that I started to check list of actors skipping past main one. Maybe becouse they are ploting so inteligence is a must, when pure "stupid have always luck" is enough for this "pure heart" but boring angels in main parts. Fortunatelly lately this standart seems to be abonded more and more.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 31st, '11, 11:57

I don't know, if i'm alone with this opinion, but Choi Kang Hee reminds me of a korean female version of Jim Carrey. Every time she makes a goofy face i have to think of JC.
As for her appearance...well she has cute big eyes, a cute nose and full (but not too big) lips, so overall she is cute^^. As for her age...well she is not that old (ok older, than the teenidols...but imho women are most beautiful at age of 30+, because they lose their babyface around that age..but its perhaps just my preference). And she looked like this even in her 20s, so she aged well.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '11, 10:01

You know I love stupid polls.
There was a poll Which star you'd like to attend the lecture/class with
Ji Seong won 26%, followed by So Jiseob (21%), Gong Yu (16%), Go Su (15%), Yi Dong-wuk (13%), Park Hae-il (9%).

Uhmm, what a stupid poll that was...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Sep 2nd, '11, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 2nd, '11, 10:41

I'd like to attend Won Bin's lecture. He can probably help me get a proper nap. Haven't had one in a week. :P

Ji Sung does have his deep voice going for him though. Still, what a silly poll, like most of them. Sheesh.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 2nd, '11, 12:46

:lol The silliness of some polls.
But what sort of classes? Hehe for me, I won't be attending any with my favourite guys as I won't be able to concentrate so what's the use of it?
As for Ji Sung's voice, I do love his voice alot. But that's how I usually fall for most of my guys. Something in their voices attracts me to them. Then comes the face. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 2nd, '11, 13:11

Unless it's sex ed classes, there's no sane reason to vote on such a thing.

Oops, did I just reveal the sordid truth of "admiration" towards handsome celebrities being just horniness?
I did, didn't I? Where are the fangirls to burn me alive? Preparing the matches, no doubt... Bit bitter today, yes. :twisted:

Can't wait for subtitles for 9 and 10 btw. It got a bit serious, but I still love how it's not the melo type of over-serious.
And the wicked fun is still there, so is the romance and teh cute. I just love this series, I really do. LOVE it to bits!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 2nd, '11, 16:38

Yeah...they looked at it from the wrong angle...I'd prefer to have all of them sit in class with me as the teach . . . :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 8th, '11, 09:51

Television series "Protect the Boss" is being considered for an extension, according to the show's broadcaster SBS on Thursday.

A PR official with SBS told 10Asia over the phone that discussions are under way for the Wednesday and Thursday primetime show to be extended by two episodes.

"Boss," originally a 16-part drama, has maintained steady viewership ratings since its run in early August and will show its 12th episode tonight.

Starring Ji-sung, Choi Kang-hee, Wang Ji-hye and Kim Jae-joong, "Boss" tells about Noh Eun-seol (Choi)working as a secretary at a law firm where she meets her immature boss named Cha Ji-heon (Ji Sung).

If the show gets extended, "A Tree with Deep Roots" (translated title), set to premiere on September 28, will be pushed back as well.
Asiae

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 8th, '11, 10:14

I don't see any reason for an extension. It is going on good pace already. It will only make it draggy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '11, 16:08

Due to the popular demand for the ongoing drama series "Protect The Boss," the entire production team previously announced that they were highly considering a possible extension.

On the 8th of September, a representative confirmed that they were in between discussion on adding two more episodes for the drama and promised to announce the decision a day after. Earlier today, SBS announced that the decision to add two more episodes has been decided. According to them, the drama still has many stories waiting to be portrayed, hence the decision.

With the extension confirmed, upcoming drama “A Tree With Deep Roots,” featuring Jang Hyuk, Shin Sekyung, Han Sukkyu and Song Joongki will be pushed back.

Meanwhile, due to its popularity and good storyline, "Protect The Boss" will be aired in Malaysia on the 12th of September.

Source: Osen and JYJ3
They better do this in non-draggy way.

And all I have to say is - JYJ magic works, huh?