I Need Romance (tvN, 2011 & 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 18:11

I am MOST definitely up for it too. they need to redeem themselves BIG time second round.
as I recall
she took the cheater back but he still kept cheating on her. am I right or was just day dreaming? :mrgreen:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 25th, '11, 18:14

I dropped season 1 and Issy they say that there will be a different cast so different characters !

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 18:20

Sham26 wrote:I dropped season 1 and Issy they say that there will be a different cast so different characters !
eeeehhhh???
NO then, I am not going to watch this.

.....ummm unless they have another hot guy like CJH.
:whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 25th, '11, 19:44

Oh wow, I'm defiently up for this! I don't think that new cast is a bad idea, at least we get rid of the cheater guy and that horrible jojo-like ex-effect... :glare: I hope the new cast & plot will be interesting.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 10th, '12, 01:46

Hi guys just wondering if episode 14 subs - how come it not in sync with the dialogue?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '12, 21:12

The second season has 4 people casted already, so I made necessary changes to the title.
Let's hope for a different ending this time, pliis.

Lee Jinwook, Jung Yumi, Kim Jiseok, Jin I-han.
So far, so good^^ :mrgreen:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 30th, '12, 04:52

i seriously hope there will be a better ending this time. I loved the last season and then the ending completely ruined it for me.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '12, 16:32

They can repeat the ending of 12 Men in a Year, if you ask me :mrgreen:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 2nd, '12, 18:42

Ethlenn wrote:They can repeat the ending of 12 Men in a Year, if you ask me :mrgreen:
totally agree :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '12, 19:01

Kim Ji-woo, Kang Ye-sol, Kim Sin-ah added to the cast.
"I Need Romance 2" takes over the tvN Wed. & Thurs. 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Queen In-Hyun's Man". (asianWiki)

Script reading:
and Here, another one

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 11th, '12, 11:00

Fresh pics:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 11th, '12, 13:19

The way Queen InHyun's Man going, INR2 has a big massive shoes to fill when it comes to chemistry, love and romance.
I have watched and enjoyed the first season ( minus the worst ending of course) so I guess I will be watching second season too.
Last edited by Issy on May 11th, '12, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 11th, '12, 13:44

Sneaked in becoz Issy was here. Took a look around and who did I saw? Kim Ji Suk.....~ :wub: Thinks I'll stalk this drama.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 11th, '12, 14:37

darynrose wrote:Sneaked in becoz Issy was here. Took a look around and who did I saw? Kim Ji Suk.....~ :wub: Thinks I'll stalk this drama.
:P yeah, the idiot guy from Chuno :lol

Viande

Post by Viande » May 30th, '12, 08:04

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jun 4th, '12, 17:39

Isn't the new season out on 20th of June??

I am looking forward to some sizzling rommance :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '12, 22:41

OK, fair warning - this drama is not for innocent, what-is-this-evil-sex folks. :whistling:
It has similar technique of filming to that of the first season (screencaps) but it's totally different in the story. So if anyone can't hear the word "sex", you better watch Hongs' innocent dramas. :whistling:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 24th, '12, 03:04

Ethlenn wrote:OK, fair warning - this drama is not for innocent, what-is-this-evil-sex folks. :whistling:
It has similar technique of filming to that of the first season (screencaps) but it's totally different in the story. So if anyone can't hear the word "sex", you better watch Hongs' innocent dramas. :whistling:
:mrgreen: OMG! NOT THE S WORD. Now my dirty side says I need to see this. I need subs!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 24th, '12, 04:45

Saw ep 1 and 2 and I am liking it so far. Yes definitely not for the innocent but you all know by now that I'm a dirty girl :P so this is right up my ally. I just hope i don't want to commit homicide (or suicide) at the end of this one (like I did with season 1) The beginning of ep 1 was seriously hot(the part where she rips open his pants) can I say RAWR. I haven't wanted to rape my screen this much in a while. That guy has a hot bod.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 24th, '12, 23:37

Even if the next question may sound like trolling, it is meant to be like it will be written^^.
The actress Choi Yeo Jin is in every drama she acts in, labeled as an exceptional, godlike beauty. But i think she is pretty much the opposite, even from an objective point of view. So my question is: is she a beauty and i just don't see it? (there i have to add, that i'm one of the people, who thinks, that almost every woman on the planet has something beautiful). Is she pretty from a korean pov? Or is it just like the the thing with the ugliness in kdramas, where a top-model is labeled as ugly?
If someone says, that a woman is pretty, but i don't see it, i think in almost all cases, that she is just not my type and perhaps she will be beautiful in the eyes of someone else...but here i can't see it. Well ok, she is tall and slender...but thats it.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 25th, '12, 02:19

kind of a hard question to answer. Everyone has their own idea of whats beautiful and culture as well as gender may have something to do with it. From my perspective I don't really see Choi Yeo Jin as an exceptional beauty. You know the kind where I am just like wow she is so beautiful (and a tiny bit jealous). I do think she has a sexy look with the big eyes big pouty lips and curvy figure. I thought she would be more sexy from a guys perspective but what the heck do I know? Just my two cents.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 25th, '12, 08:03

It's called opinion.

Anyway, first two episodes weren't as addictive as I was expecting. I didn't feel the characters but the plot seems ok. Though, it has not really started yet so too early to judge. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 25th, '12, 09:27

Thats the point. Like i wrote before, if i see a "beauty" under normal circumstances , but i don't think of her as pretty, i admit, that this is just due to my personal preferences and other people may see her/him as pretty or handsome. But here i can't imagine that she is pretty for someone. And that is the reason for my question and i just want to know, if in SOMEONES OPINION HERE IN THIS FORUM, she can be described as a beauty, because i don't see it. So yes i asked for opinions.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '12, 13:39

Silverman wrote:But i think she is pretty much the opposite, even from an objective point of view.
Explain objective, because as for me, I think in personal taste there is nothing like "objective". (see, I used "me", "I" which excludes objective judgement)
Silverman wrote: If someone says, that a woman is pretty, but i don't see it, i think in almost all cases, that she is just not my type and perhaps she will be beautiful in the eyes of someone else...but here i can't see it.
So she's not pretty because you don't see her as one? That's what I get from your sentence.
For me she's pretty. Nice lips, dimples, nice smile.

As for this "goddess" - it's an annoying korean media label. They put it on every actress. Every actor is "flower boy" and every actress a "goddess" (most certainly not Venus of Willendorf).

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 25th, '12, 18:34

Ethlenn wrote:
Silverman wrote:But i think she is pretty much the opposite, even from an objective point of view.
Explain objective, because as for me, I think in personal taste there is nothing like "objective". (see, I used "me", "I" which excludes objective judgement)
Silverman wrote: If someone says, that a woman is pretty, but i don't see it, i think in almost all cases, that she is just not my type and perhaps she will be beautiful in the eyes of someone else...but here i can't see it.
So she's not pretty because you don't see her as one? That's what I get from your sentence.
For me she's pretty. Nice lips, dimples, nice smile.

As for this "goddess" - it's an annoying korean media label. They put it on every actress. Every actor is "flower boy" and every actress a "goddess" (most certainly not Venus of Willendorf).
Ok, right, beauty and objectivity don't go hand in hand. But there are in the society accepted standards of beauty or what is beautiful. Especially in Korea. While we in Europe or America have more face- and bodyshapes, which "we" consider as beautiful, in Korea they have pretty much one strict definition of beauty this includes: V-Line, S-Line, double- eyelids a.s.o. But the point is, that this can be, more or less, seen as "objective" as far as such things can be objective, since these standards are the consensus, which is accepted by the society(if you take the definition of the word objective, it's not true, i know. Even if this opinion is shaped by the society and not by one individual. Since the society is formed by individuals, it stays an opinion and not an objective fact.)
Although, there are things, which can be objectively beautiful. Beautiful is perhaps the wrong word...desirable is more fitting. Because on a certain level of the consciousness, there are things, which actually every man and woman desires. On the subconscious level the men are attracted by big bosoms and wide hips, since they symbolize fertileness. Women are attracted by strong males. These are biological facts and can be seen as objective. On the other hand these basic "desires" can be "warped" by culture and the experiences of every individual. But i'm way to far OT, so i stop here.

Well, i try to correct my statement in the previous post and try to explain further, what i had in mind.
"But i think she is pretty much the opposite, even from an objective point of view."
What i had in mind as i said this, i wanted to express, that even if i TRY to exclude my personal preference(i know it's not possible) and try to judge by the standards, which were set by the society, i don't think of her as beautiful. This is what i wanted to say. I know, this sentence will break my neck..but try to overlook it. I know, that if i say "try to judge by the standards, which were set by the society, i don't think of her as beautiful" it implies, that even by accepted standards, she can't be seen as a beauty and that she is ugly....period. But i don't want that. I just wanted to say, that I TRY to see her merits, by using the "known beauty standards". But i failed to see it.
Ethlenn wrote:So she's not pretty because you don't see her as one? That's what I get from your sentence.
No you got it wrong/i expressed it wrong. I said THAT I don't see her beauty and if someone can tell me, if it's just ME, who doesn't see her beauty.

As I posted the question "So my question is: is she a beauty and i just don't see it? ", it pretty much says that it's MY OPINION AND JUST MY OPINION and that i don't claim the right, that my opinion should be accepted as the one and only truth.
Ethlenn wrote:For me she's pretty. Nice lips, dimples, nice smile.
THIS is the part i'm interested in and the tenor of my question. Forget everything else around it and don't cling to things, like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or "there is no objective beauty" or such things. I know, that all and don't care about it. So please concentrate just on this kind of answers.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '12, 19:07

Silverman wrote: So please concentrate just on this kind of answers.
You know I can't, I'm just b*tchy like that :mrgreen:
But you can't expect a clear answer to an unclear question.

I don't label actresses as beautiful just like that. For me, personally, Ava Gardner, Vivien Leigh, MM and Michelle Pfeiffer are the epitome of Western beauty, no matter who comes and goes.
As for Korean actresses, the one and only Kim Hye Soo and honorable mention to Kim Hye Ja. But I don't see them being called goddesses (ok, maybe the former - the goddess of nude scenes).
And it's something inexplicable why I find them beautiful and why others are just disregarded. I can say "this and this actress is nice, beautiful" but it will be just stating some "mathematical" fact (eyes + nice smile + interesting face x trait = beautiful), but I wouldn't look up to them and sigh "I wished I looked like her". Only very few deserve that and it's deeply embedded in our psyche.
Oh yes, lot of actresses are pretty, few are beautiful. Overusing of this word made it less meaningful though, eh...

It's similar to disliking someone for o particular reason. There are people like that (ie. me) who piss people off without any explanable reason. It is subconsciousness that is working hard.
It's hard to explain when I'm sober... :pale:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 25th, '12, 19:33

I know, that the misunderstandings are mainly created by my thoughtless phrasing of my questions. While i'm at work, i have to phrase every sentence very precise and without pointless comments and with proper grammar. Here in the forums i let it all go(i guess it's my kind of subc. rebellion). I just write things so, like the fly in my head and i form my sentences from the ling. pov wrong and even if seconds after i wrote something and see, that the grammar is wrong...i just let it be. Thats the bad thing, if you speak so many languages like me...the grammar mixes up^^(at least in my case...i don't know anybody in rl, who speaks more than 6-7). There i've done it again. I wrote something pointless, which doesn't have anything to do with the subject of the discussion.
For me is the mainpoint of a post important, but not all the rest around it...For example in the first post on this subject the important point was: "Is the actress in your opinion beautifull/pretty and why?" all the other things are just fluff. Thats the reason a lot of my posts are carelessly phrased.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '12, 20:09

Who am I to judge people's grammar? But I do nitpick about wording, so sorry for that, it's a bad habit. I'm probably the only person who doesn't cringe at idols/actors English efforts at all.
It's the words I'm aware of.
And no, I do speak few languages but I can "switch".

kebabus

Post by kebabus » Jul 2nd, '12, 16:57

i like the 2011 ver more than 2012 ver

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 2nd, '12, 17:40

kebabus wrote:i like the 2011 ver more than 2012 ver
I have seen only 2.eps but so far I have to agree with you on this. Of course I don't know how the story will unfold later on but for me, all of characters were more interesting and better written in the 1st version. Maybe because it feels that they have recycled all characters all over again? But hey, this is my own personal views :whistling:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '12, 20:14

I've started ep03 and couldn't finnish it ,I find it hard to get into the stories, I like the others girls much more,I don't find the actual characters relatable at all! :-(

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 9th, '12, 01:44

I have watched up to episode five and enjoyed this drama. Must admit the thing that keeps me coming back is that man with the eyes and the smile. He has so much that is attractive about him. I think he should not be allowed out without a keeper. I volunteer.

Think his name is Lee jin Wook. Interesting the way they are playing the theme this time. She is being such a stupid woman I think and he is playing it too close to his chest with the way he really feels. She gives him enough hints about the way she feels but he does not pck up on them, or he does not trust what she is saying. I don't think she is the nicest female on the block either. Incidentally, I never discussed my relationship in such detail with my best girl friend, and I would not have wanted to hear such from her. guess I am from another era or maybe century. It does not shock me...it's just a bit boring.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 15th, '12, 20:36

Peggy, you're not from so different era. I don't talk that intimate stuff with my friends either. But indeed, some people are very open about their relationships.

I've been thinking while watching this second season and came to conclution that the biggest problem in this season is Yeol Mae and her endless monologues. I can feel Suk Hyun's frustration; this woman is talking way too much and over-analyzing everything. I hope she will stop it when she gets together with that coffee shop owner. Less talk, more action, please.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 17th, '12, 00:56

Why does she keep on talking?. does she ever listen. does she ever think about the other person and what he is saying to her.No man wants to spend his life listening to a women who never is quiet or gentle. she is never gentle and never really loving. All the time showing total regard for herself and what she wants and what she does not like about him or anyone. The only time she has anything complimentary to say it is about her two friends...and then it is mixed in with sharp criticism. She is a thoroughly unpleasant woman. why do these two men feel any affection for her. Mystery. she is not sensual at all and not truly a sexually pleasing partner I would think. too critical obviously.

ami_shirou

Post by ami_shirou » Oct 7th, '12, 19:42

Does anyone knows where I can download the subs? Dark smurf subs are not completed yet =(

I loooooved the first season! I really want to see the second :wub:

genguez

Re: Date [Eng Subs] (Ep 01-05)

Post by genguez » Mar 7th, '15, 15:47

E M E R G E N C Y ! ! !

Hellooooo I wanted to know if there's some way I can email the company responsable for the "I Need Romance" Korean dramas.....I THINK KIM WOO BIN SHOULD BE THE MALE LEAD FOR THE NEXT I NEED ROMANCE DRAMA! I know they might not pay attention to what I have to say but I would at least like to suggest it

andreaiiitah05

Re: I Need Romance (tvN, 2011 & 2012)

Post by andreaiiitah05 » Aug 9th, '15, 03:17

Thanks