Scent of A Woman (SBS,2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Aug 28th, '11, 17:51

Really not rom-com but an enjoyable drama to watch even if there is a death involve. Atleast they gave us a warning so we could prepare ourselves. Oh yeah, I could have used LDW...for balance that is. I have a feeling It wouldNT be very hard for me not to concentrate on him and the bike ride. :mrgreen:

I guess this drama was just suppose to teach us to enjoy life to the fullest. I have a feeling she will die in the ending, seems like that anyway. Did anyone see the english movie, A Walk To Remember. It will probably be around the lines of that ending.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 28th, '11, 18:11

I 've realised that it wasn't a rom-com from the beggining , do difficult to watch KSA diying and LDW suffering ,It's too heavy for me (for now anyway ) so I put it in hold for a short moment ! :cry:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Sep 3rd, '11, 17:11

I havent been keeping up with it but skimming through it. Been doing that alot lately. Ofcourse theres more crying from both LDW and KSA...again.. but there is a lovely scene in ep.13 that makes up for it. :wub: I swear the cast of this drama must be emotionally drained out when they finish filming for each episode.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 3rd, '11, 18:49

I have been watching it live on my phone for last two weeks so have not seen them again with subs. It is one of those dramas that you get the story even If you don't know Korean much. But yeah , today's ep was lovely. I bet tomorrow one going to be full of angst.

Rent

Post by Rent » Sep 6th, '11, 19:53

I'm waiting for this drama to finish so I can marathon it :mrgreen:

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Nov 1st, '11, 07:30

I really liked this drama. I thought it was enjoyable beginning to end. If you can push past some of the unbelievable scenarios, it's a great romantic drama to watch. I can't believe all the weight Kim Sun Ah lost. I haven't seen her since "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and she looks gorgeous in this drama. I actually watched this drama because of the poster and the pics on the first page of this thread.

koreanthings

Post by koreanthings » Nov 9th, '11, 07:08

I love this drama as well. A very different kind of story compare to the Kdramas series that I have watched so far...If only everyone who suffered from any kind of illness could live as long as possible like Kim Sun Ah in the drama...one must be brave to fight with any illness or disease.

dirotora

Post by dirotora » Dec 17th, '11, 07:54

hello there!

please help me!!! where can i download the whole series with english subs?

so addicted with this series!!! iam going crazy!!!! :crazy:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 17th, '11, 09:24

I really enjoyed this drama. I love LDW and it was good to see him back in action again. I was not suffering any trauma about the story at all but just enjoying it as a drama with a little depth in the plot.
Now please tell me why I suffered such agonies trying to watch The Princess' Man.? In fact I had to watch it partially every episode, and wait till the next day to see the rest . It took forever and I still never could say I saw it all.
Why do some dramas dig your emotions out of you and others you can sit back and enjoy even with a 'sad' storyline.???

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 17th, '11, 10:21

I have to say that I liked this drama over all but to be honest, I thought it went your normal sad cliche direction from half way. but like you peggy, I don't mind a sad story (like this one) that you can sit back and enjoy and you wont find your emotions all over the place by the end. somehow I find dramas that do this to your emotions a bit of cheat because they use this trick to distract your head. not to mention leaving you drained by the end.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 18th, '11, 09:23

Issy,
then did you find TPM as difficult to watch as did I? I have never felt like that about any other drama.
I can't explain it at all. Maybe I was in a fragile state anyway and the acting and actors and storyline tipped me over. No that was not it at all. I was not in any fragile state. Feeling fine as a matter of fact. Life is good.
I just might be able to tackle TPM again in the future, especially now that I saw the final scenes and they fell so flat in my estimation.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 09:55

Peggy wrote:Issy,
then did you find TPM as difficult to watch as did I? I have never felt like that about any other drama.
I can't explain it at all. Maybe I was in a fragile state anyway and the acting and actors and storyline tipped me over. No that was not it at all. I was not in any fragile state. Feeling fine as a matter of fact. Life is good.
I just might be able to tackle TPM again in the future, especially now that I saw the final scenes and they fell so flat in my estimation.
peggy darling, I have not seen TPM because I have some kind of allergy to PSH (believe it or not. I KNOW! I must be the 1st ) :P but I know what you are talking about. 8)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 18th, '11, 20:32

Issy wrote:
Peggy wrote:Issy,
peggy darling, I have not seen TPM because I have some kind of allergy to PSH (believe it or not. I KNOW! I must be the 1st ) :P but I know what you are talking about. 8)
lol and i think I'm the first, who wished the villains would win in this one. Usually i'm the happy ending-guy, who wants a happy end, even if it's impossible (like cure for braincancer in the last stage). But here i was every time the mainleads were in a dangerous situation like: PLEASE...SOMEBODY KILL THEM!!!. I think i'm the only one on this planet, who had this reaction^^.