Title: 천번의 입맞춤 / Chunbuneui Ibmatchoom
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2011-Aug-20 to TBA
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 20:40
Official Website

Plot:

A drama about an average woman who, after seeing her husband in flagranti with other woman, divorces him and sets on a path to happiness. (me)

Cast:
Seo Young Hee as Woo Joo Young
Ji Hyun Woo as Jang Woo Bin
Ryu Jin as Jang Woo Jin
Kim So Eun as Woo Joo Mi

Extended Cast
Cha Soo Yun as Han Yoo Kyung
Shim Hyung Tak as Park Tae Kyung
Lee Soon Jae as Jang Byung Doo
Cha Hwa Yun as Yoo Ji Sun
Goo Seung Hyun as Park Chan Noh
Kim Chang Sook as Min Ae Ja
Jung Ga Eun (정가은) as Jang Hye Bin
Jung Jae Soon as Yum Jung Soon
Nam Ji Hyun as Jang Soo Ah
Ban Hyo Jung as Cha Kyung Soon
Lee Mi Young as Oh Bok Joo
Lee Ja Young as Yang Joon Hee
Kim Chang Wan as Jang Byung Shik
Yoon Doo Joon as Yoon Ki Joon (cameo)
Subtitles by: DSC - registration required
And great VIKI team: Credits to all

Characters chart:
And teaser:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sCMp1t2lH3c" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Oh, I found my weekend fix!! I'm glad some Kdramas are taking slightly risky route and mature content.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Sep 8th, '11, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 24th, '11, 08:48

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 29th, '11, 13:16

any news about any subs available? DSS subs are not even half way though and I can't find viki ones. if there is any. :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 29th, '11, 13:28

Here is the Viki chanel but so far unavailable. Subs are 98-99% done.
It's a pity this drama doesn't get more attention, eh...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '11, 06:40

Yes, this DEFINITELY needs more attention. Watched the first 3 eps and I'm glad I finally found another family drama with a bit more mature topics. Keke I guess I'm weird but I love drama that start with a break up/ divorce and characters with pasts more than those acting-like a virgin romantic chases that take up like 20 eps in other drama :P

And again the boy is adorably cute...kyaaa I want a korean kid :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '11, 16:02

Viki released 2 first episodes^^ :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 31st, '11, 16:11

Ethlenn wrote:Viki released 2 first episodes^^ :salut:
soft subs?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '11, 16:14

Soft subs. :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 4th, '11, 09:57

Drama is really nice, loved the fight between the grannies and wow...that **** is great, calling the wifey over. Glad the sports ajusshi is driving her...can't wait to see the clash

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 4th, '11, 10:25

The stupid husband wanted to jump from the balcony, but he's been too much of a coward to do this. And I like how the relationship between 'sports ajusshi" as you called teh cutie and Joo Young is going.
Oh, and I read on some forum that fangirls wanted to pair Ji Hyun Woo with Kim So Eun. I think they hugely missed the point of this drama. Astronomically hugely. Some people are just so f*cking retarded I'm speechless.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 4th, '11, 11:24

Well, that would have made it like any other life drama that I could not stand. I started this one because of different pairing between its characters. I don't want to see it going in other way.
For now, I want subs.
Ps. It's funny how JW handles JM for now. Like a deadly virus or piece of dirt. :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 4th, '11, 11:36

Yeah I read that, too and Ryujin with Younghee... so everybody would look nice together, yeah as Issy said. Boringly average . . . but since it's the LiB crew they wouldn't . . . And as it is the pairs go well together. But I can see JW's defenses crumbling already. Looking forward to their arch of the story more and more. Though the one I fell for is Chan-no...so so adorably cute ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 4th, '11, 11:46

Eh, fangirls, yessshhh... if the pairing was the way they want, I wouldn't even look at this drama.

Yes, JW is falling faster, maybe because of JM feisty attitude? She's one bold girl, I have to give her that.
And for Issy:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 4th, '11, 12:03

:lol I just laugh everytime I see him do this and at the same time want to smack Him :mrgreen:
The boy is cute indeed. And I really hope that cheater busband does go out of the picture soon(ish) but I really doubt it. He is there to annoys for the whole drama. ... I think! :crazy:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 4th, '11, 12:11

Aww...so cute...but i wanna steal his slippers ;)

And yeah, JM does have guts, but you could also call her stupid.
I mean who would stay next to a guy all night after having been treated so meanly?? I wanted to slap her for not taking that call and get somebody to pick him up...and her friend is also strange. I mean who would leave her friend with a drunk stranger just like that? Ah and geesh ecchan, thanks to your little spoiler I gotta watch ep 5 raw now

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 4th, '11, 17:50

Aww, cuute^^
So...
Yoo Ji Sun is JM's mother? I'm not sure I want that. And I was almost sure JW will ask JM to pretend to be his gf just because of his parents. And now the hell was unleashed, ahaha. Plus, him trying to smile just cracked me up.
As for Joo Young and Woo Bin, I like how they now develop their friendship and dependance. That makes me eager to kill that other girl! Why in dramas those evil bitches always come back after few years, hoping the guy will be waiting for them and claiming him back?? I just don't get this logic.
And I wonder when and if ever Ji Sun will break down. She is treated coldly by JW and by her in-laws as well (the sister-in-law actually) as some parasite.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 4th, '11, 21:59

Awww too cute to be true!! I wanna pinch all them cheeks NAO :P

Damn, I shouldn't read your spoilers when i know you're ahead of me...but then I've guessed that much anyway.
I mean one mother gone and the stepmother talking bout sins and just wanting to take care of somebody...well at least they're not siblings...and YAY for forbidden love XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 8th, '11, 07:45

Episode 3 and 4 are released by viki (98%).

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 8th, '11, 08:51

Ethlenn wrote:Episode 3 and 4 are released by viki (98%).
:salut: Thank you, I'm so busy these days that am behind on everything. :-(

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 9th, '11, 07:24

I have no idea what I was thinking starting a drama with 50 episodes! I'm pretty sure I'll never finish this, but the first 4 episodes were pretty addicting. Tho when I think about it, there's more things to complain about than to like.
Honestly, I can't watch any dramas with horrible in-laws, and this has more of them than other dramas combined. Plus, that one halmoni has the most annoying dialect ever. I'm also not convinced about the main couple. The woman is a total dead fish, and the man keeps talking soooo loudly. I wonder if it's to divert us from his lack of acting skills. :roll
What I do like is Kim So Eun and her ahjossi. I especially enjoy his double-breasted jackets (oh, so refined!) and cold, but tragic demeanor. Unfortunately for Kim So Eun, this is at least the third time I've seen her act this sort a of role. I guess she's stuck with that silly-girl-next-door thing. I look forward to their romance, tho, so I'll keep watching.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 10th, '11, 11:45

Haha well...once you get into it, 50 eps will be not enough. Happened to me with Life is Beautiful. I was really sad when it ended. LOL and even king of baking could have managed a better wrap up with another extention ;)
I like the 2nd couple a lot, too...especially after ep 6... but I like the main one and Woo Bin is a little clumsy and stiff but I hope when their relationship progresses he'll get more relaxed and natural. Yeah and I agree with Ecchan...why the hell did they need to bring back that other girl?? Wish they'd kill her off after 2 eps or at least make her go back...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 14th, '11, 09:48

Episode 5&6 released by viki

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 14th, '11, 16:45

I despise myself for not being able to resist raws. I noticed the subs for episode 5 last night and just couldn't wait for episode 6 to be released today. :roll Well, in the end I ended up watching 7&8 as well, so, whatever. I did go through the subs for ep 6 for all the dialogue I might've missed, but turns out I didn't miss much. I didn't understand every sentence, but still managed to grasp the general idea, so I'm confident with continuing the drama without subtitles from now on, too.

I'm still a bit torn about the 50 episodes, but it's been 8 episodes now, which is, like, half of a normal show, and not much has happened yet. I do enjoy the fact that there's more time for dialogue and for general build-up, but especially without subs it's hard for me to motivate myself to listen closely enough when someone I don't particularly like is on screen. I found myself watching tv (it was a really bad movie, too!) during scenes with the ex-husband and Woo Bin's mother.

I still ship ahjussi x double-breasted jackets like mad! He looks absolutely naked without them.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 14th, '11, 17:03

I have a serious catching up to do. maybe tonight or tomorrow 8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 14th, '11, 17:36

Regarding what we saw in the preview,
is the pregnancy even real? I mean, is it possible for grown up people to have sex without any thought of consequences? Of course, there might be the possibility of the planned pregnancy to just snatch the guy.
And I still have no idea what Joon Hee saw in this pathetic guy?

I ship two pairs, and I like the development of Wubin and Juyeong relationship better. But Jumi and Wujin are cute just because they are so awkward.
50 episodes, bring it on!!

Oh, and one more thing, completely irrelevant. I'm so ticked off by this from-US girl, especially by her make-up. This light purple was good in late 80's, I made my mom buy one just for fun (Madonna impersonating, ekhem), but with this shade both her lips and face look ash-colored...

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 14th, '11, 19:17

Ethlenn wrote:Regarding what we saw in the preview,
is the pregnancy even real? I mean, is it possible for grown up people to have sex without any thought of consequences? Of course, there might be the possibility of the planned pregnancy to just snatch the guy.
And I still have no idea what Joon Hee saw in this pathetic guy?

I ship two pairs, and I like the development of Wubin and Juyeong relationship better. But Jumi and Wujin are cute just because they are so awkward.
Unfortunately I have first hand experience on how protection is a bit of a... rarity in South Korea. Plus, I don't see how it wouldn't be possible for grown ups to be totally careless about sex, I think it happens all the time. Getting your lover pregnant is a plot point in dozens of Western dramas, so why not in Korean dramas as well?
I do think it's either a lie or something she did on purpose to trap him. I'm betting on a lie, but who knows. What she actually sees in that loser, I also have no idea.
I find the lead couple tolerable. I'm not sure why I like ahjussi so much. I mean, in real life I'd kick his a** if he treated me like that, but in dramas those sort of men are always my favorites. Grumpy ahjussis, ftw! Him and Joo Mi are the definition of adorkable! :wub:

Oh, and all romance aside, I find ahjussi's little sister absolutely adorable. She's very silly, but I think she's very sweet to both her family and strangers as well. The way she reasoned with her dad and treated Joo Mi made her one of my favorites for sure.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 16th, '11, 14:56

by the end of ep4, I also have to say that me too totally ship both couples. I just can't wait for them to be more romantically and seriously involved with each other.
I just wondering how the step mom keeping her time with two airing drama at the same time. I guess her scenes are not much in both.
the only thing annoying me is watching the cheater husband and his woman and his mom. these 3 characters really bore me. I think I will FF their scenes from now on.
two more subbed ep to watch
:cheers:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 18th, '11, 01:11

I'm currently sh*tting my pants waiting for tomorrow's episode.

Episode 10 preview
has me officially conflicted. How weird is it that ahjussi's suddenly all "let's get married" and even serenading her in a noraebang? I hope that if/when he turns all lovey-dovey, he's still a stoic, grumpy ahjussi. Not sure how I feel right now, at all!
I wonder if Joo Mi is going to decline for now. If she says yes, things sure are moving fast between them.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 18th, '11, 09:21

That was weird for me too. Surely things are progressing fast, but I think Jumi will decline or break at some point.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 18th, '11, 09:34

:O what??? this soon????
I getting addicted to this drama and subs are not coming out as fast as some other dramas. :-(

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 18th, '11, 10:03

Hmm I watched up till 8 and somehow...
the cliches are starting to annoy me...the piggyback after she hurt her foot, the cheesy lines on the bridge about 'if this was a drama' etc. Same with the ex from America...and now the new love even used to work in the same field... Well I'm hard to please but main couple is a bit boring...
Still love Chan-No and the whole family setting though. And I warmed up for Ryu Jin's chara. His smile killed me. Hopefully he'll be turned down by JM...I wanna see the both of them dance around eachother for a while longer =)

Ahh it's hard to hold back and not watch ep 9 with subs half done... :crazy:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 18th, '11, 10:08

arakira wrote:Hmm I watched up till 8 and somehow...
the cliches are starting to annoy me...the piggyback after she hurt her foot, the cheesy lines on the bridge about 'if this was a drama' etc. Same with the ex from America...and now the new love even used to work in the same field... Well I'm hard to please but main couple is a bit boring...
Still love Chan-No and the whole family setting though. And I warmed up for Ryu Jin's chara. His smile killed me. Hopefully he'll be turned down by JM...I wanna see the both of them dance around eachother for a while longer =)

Ahh it's hard to hold back and not watch ep 9 with subs half done... :crazy:
ummm, I know what you talking about. but at the moment I am OK with them. but if they continue like this, I will start to get annoyed too.
btw, I thought this drama did not have a main couple. they both have more or less equal scenes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 18th, '11, 10:15

Cliches are unavoidable, yes, I was a bit annoyed about the resort as well, but just let it pass.
What I found the more funny is the relations between Tae Kyung's hellish mother and Joon Hee. Both women are worth each other, so I'd like to see them fighting. Ju Young was too acquiescent towards the woman.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 18th, '11, 10:16

That's true haha. I loved the salt scene. More of that please!! :cheers:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 18th, '11, 14:59

I actually found the resort meeting scene quite nice. The fact that it was totally cliched was nicely lampshaded, especially when Joo Young was all "I feel like making a joke as well". The rest was... meh.

I do wish the main couple was casted differently. The man still talks like a robot and I just can't bring myself to like the woman. I thought it was just bad acting, but seeing her interviews, her smile really is that forced. It's totally stupid to dislike someone for their smile, but I can't get over it. I guess I don't really like their romance that much either. A young man hanging around an older, divorcing woman... totally suspicious! I'm glad at least Joo Mi got around to ask "hey, you think he likes you or what?".

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 18th, '11, 15:26

WJ/JM couple are much more convincing in their roles. they are officially my favourite couple here. I am a bit undecided on what to think of WB/JH though. sometimes they are nice and cute together, some times it seems forced. but I do agree with robotic state of WB. it puzzled me too. maybe some more work on acting? flashbacks of JH being pregnant made laugh though. as if she needs to hold her tummy because the baby might drop any minute. :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 23rd, '11, 00:50

oh, it's me again? where others have gone?

So I am watching ep7 with subs and it got me confused a bit
why on earth the step mom called those little girls in the picture by Joo Young and Joo Ah and not Joo Mi? could it be that Joo Mi is not her daughter? if so, why showing those motherly bonding and smiles as soon as she saw her?
plus, two girls in the picture seemed of more or less similar age with JY older by 1-2 years. but there is 8 yr gap between JY and JM. maybe this is the main reason for her leaving the house?

also I am thinking back when WB sister said that two brother do not resemble each other in any way and there is quiet an age gap between them. since I started to think that there is no smoke without fire and could she actually proven right?
on other notes, I am totally skipping all ex-husband and his gf and mom. not to mention US girl and WB sister. they are getting annoying by a minute but as it is a family 50ep drama I guess we will see lots and lots of scenes with them to annoy the hell out of us.
:crazy:
I an just don't get why everyone says WJ's dad is horrible person? he seems so nice and caring to me. I am seriously liking both dads in here. specially WB's. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 23rd, '11, 08:30

WB's dad is an example of how to be nice, plus the actor is nice as well.

As for the photo
I was also a bit taken aback cause of the name. Maybe Joo Mi is not her daughter? Maybe there is some secret of birth (as always) hidden somewhere? And she reacted only for a similarly sounding name?

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '11, 01:08

about Joo Ah
Joo Mi is Joo Ah. I am just watching ep11 raw and I think she said her grandma changed her name to Joo Mi for some reasons.
I love it when I understand what it's been said with no subs. maybe it's time for me to study Hangul :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 25th, '11, 08:55

Lazy Issy!!

I still haven't seen ep 11, will probably watch it tomorrow, ehh... So I wonder how eventual marriage will come through this situation...

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '11, 11:14

I know, but I have job related courses and Nihongo too. So what do I do? I ignore them all. :mrgreen:
I am some how just confused by the pace of this drama. I mean, for a 50 ep drama it seems a bit fast. We are on ep11 now and both couples have been already established. Thinking of other life dramas where both sides bearly know each other, getting engaged and declaring love is way too early here.
Not to mention that there aren't much secret or plot going on comparing with other ones and the whole drama is based on love story of these two couples. I really hope they won't fill the rest of eps with angst and making them get together by ep50.

And now to my favourie character WJ, as much as I am liking all the changes in his personalty and him warming up to others around him but again, too soon maybe? With that introduction of his character I just can't get used to him being all lovy dovy like this now.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 25th, '11, 13:35

I was pretty drunk when I watched the latest episode last night, but it was a bit of a letdown.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '11, 17:30

I was thinking
don't you think that WJ father's accident is something to do with JM's mom? I mean she has caused the accident. but still, to leave your kids for that reason? :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '11, 15:15

Please, dear truck drivers, if you see this annoying evil USA-girl, Woo Bin's mother or the ex-husband on the street - hit them.
So far, I restarted and I enjoy this. :salut:
Feud over "resign from work after marriage" is a good point here. So true.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '11, 01:09

It's just so good I can't not post it.
MBC weekend drama "A Thousand Kisses" got a warning from the Korean Communications Commission.

In a general meeting of the KCC on the 3rd, "A Thousand Kisses" received a warning for its unethical development and indirect product placement (PPL).

About this disciplinary action KCC stated, "At a Youth Conservative Time Line like the weekend, the drama shows unethical parts like trying to accept an abandoned daughter as a daughter-in-law and another daughter being in a relationship with a nephew".

"They are also repeating a certain supporter through lines and screen, exposing them so much that it has advertisement effect".

The KCC ruled that "A Thousand Kisses" has breached section 1 and 3 of Article 46 on Limitations of Advertisement, section 2 of Article 25 on Ethicality and section 2 of Article 44 on Accommodating Standards.

Meanwhile, in the recent episode of "A Thousand Kisses" shows Joo-mi and Woo-jin's sweet honeymoon and Joo-young and Woo-bin's love conflicting with the family.
source

To answer your question - can Korean law be more stupid than already is?
Yes. Yes it can.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 4th, '11, 10:09

shakes head in disbelief. I don't want to be the woman in Korean society. :crazy:

yayang_90

Post by yayang_90 » Nov 4th, '11, 22:36

thanks for upload..

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 7th, '11, 23:33

My drama viewing on TV here in US is totally screwed up lately. I can no longer get 'Gaeback' or 'Thousand Kisses' plus a coupld more. Anything that used to be MBC has gone as has the channel MBC, Now it is either 'Korean TV' or 'Arirang'. No matter which drama title is shown at the bottom of the screen, that is never the program being shown. Sometimes thirty minutes of commercials (Korean)..!

O will have to d/l Gaeback in order to watch but I dont think there are subs. At least they still show, on another channel, Gwanngaeto. I am pretty sure this is not my TV and not my broadband cable co. It is some weird decision being made by the bluestocking netz. over there... Someone please tell them it is the year 2011 and soon to be 2012. Also tell them that I am not watching their Mnet shows with the little girls prancing about half dressed. What are you teaching your children...!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 8th, '11, 00:27

Peggy wrote:O will have to d/l Gaeback in order to watch but I dont think there are subs. At least they still show, on another channel, Gwanngaeto. I am pretty sure this is not my TV and not my broadband cable co. It is some weird decision being made by the bluestocking netz. over there... Someone please tell them it is the year 2011 and soon to be 2012. Also tell them that I am not watching their Mnet shows with the little girls prancing about half dressed. What are you teaching your children...!
funny you say this my dear peggy because my two and half years old niece was watching arirang tv with me and saw those girls, told her mom "mommy they are not wearing their pyjamas." :lol thinking that is bed time and it's time for them to change, that's why they are half dressed. but you know what they say? when you have little talent, you need to compensate in some other ways. :whistling:

coming back to ATK, I need to go back to it properly but as I seen in spoilers, can some one please remind TK that he was the one who was cheating on his wife for years and now living with the woman officially and still sleeps with her. so he has no right what so ever to keep least hope that his wife comes back to him or even get slightly angry at her going with other guys. how stupid does he think she is??? talking about double standards. and people still got the nerve to complain on why on earth "an abandoned girl was accepted as daughter in law" :cussing:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 8th, '11, 00:43

Dear Issy

Well to tell the truth just lately I have been getting a sour taste in my mouth with Korean entertainment.
Something is strange about what is happening. I am watching more and more Japanese programmes, both dramas and interviews etc.

Your little niece has the makings of a good critic.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 8th, '11, 00:58

Peggy wrote:Dear Issy

Well to tell the truth just lately I have been getting a sour taste in my mouth with Korean entertainment.
Something is strange about what is happening. I am watching more and more Japanese programmes, both dramas and interviews etc.

Your little niece has the makings of a good critic.
Exact same thing happened to me. :P I stopped all of my kdramas for sometime and only now want to go back and finish what I have been following. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '12, 22:05

It's so f*cked up, so f*cked up. I want WB's mother, sister, America girl to die. Pretty please, now!!! :cussing: :cussing:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 17th, '12, 17:15

I am watching this drama and every storyline is good. This year definitely started off with better dramas than last year. I am not a fan of woo bin but I like his character in this drama. I hope it gets more intense though. Like more twists in the plot.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 26th, '12, 22:25

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 28th, '12, 20:30

Ethlenn,

You have PM.....