Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

SOPA/PIPA/ACTA

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Jan 29th, '12, 16:36

Or peer block, but i haven't used it and don't know how up to date they are
http://www.peerblock.com/

Here's some other useful links:

http://vpnandusenetreviews.com/
http://torrentfreak.com/best-vpn-proxy- ... nt-110618/

Read the comments, there are plenty of suggestions and explanations.I will do some research to find good yet affordable vpns, when I do I'll let you know.

http://dontbubble.us/ - on google's filter bubble and the alternative duckduckgo, which has been recommended on lifehacker.com too
http://donttrack.us/ - the end of the page links to some very useful apps/extensions
If you use firefox, I also recommend cookie monster https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-monster/

@sorvaseven - of course it's one's own responsibility. i have to say though that it's social engineering at its finest, making use of people's psychological weaknesses and ignorance in the most devious ways. also about sociology/anthropology (which happen to be subjects i absolutely hate and find extremely boring and annoying :P natural sciences ftw) , i know, I was merely quoting a person belonging to the high society who told me that.

edit: forgot this one http://www.scroogle.org/ it has a simple explanation of how it's done too
Last edited by Tyrea on Jan 29th, '12, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 29th, '12, 16:39

Orion1986 wrote:And Sorvaseven, if it's part of Google, I don't really trust startpage. It's more likely that the feds would use it to find all those searching for things secretly (because they are things they can get persecuted for), than for it to be an actual pass at freedom.
Is this a conspiracy theory or do you really think so :wink: ? I don't search after secretly things, so i don't care about it that much, but it's my own principle not to support corporations which suspicion the people and also used them for commercial reasons to prey them, because i think that's not very humanely and undermine the jointly of community. Of course there are constraints, but at least i try it... stupid right :lol ?

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '12, 16:42

I do think that the feds would look into such services, if they found out about their existence. "We will protect you here! You can search in secret!" is a pretty big "Here be all users shady" sign.

I mean, the fact that the companies would rule the world could one have been a conspiracy theory. Or that the US will do what it wants to rule the world. But a conspiracy theory stops being that when we see blinding proof that it's real.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Jan 29th, '12, 16:49

sensei991 wrote:If you use torrent downloads, you can get some protection by using a client that only allows connections with encrypted peers (I use Transmission on my Mac) and by setting up a list for blocking connections to ISPs and other entities that may be gathering info on your torrents.

http://www.iblocklist.com/lists.php

At this page, there is also a link to a VPN (virtual private network) site that, for $6.50/mo, will allow you to surf and download without your ISP being able to monitor and with your IP address not visible to the Internet.
What about Tor, does it help to protect IP when downloading torrents?

Does anything really help?
The guys from Megaupload were hackers, computer savvy, etc. and we all
know what happened.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 29th, '12, 16:59

Orion1986 wrote:I do think that the feds would look into such services, if they found out about their existence. "We will protect you here! You can search in secret!" is a pretty big "Here be all users shady" sign.

I mean, the fact that the companies would rule the world could one have been a conspiracy theory. Or that the US will do what it wants to rule the world. But a conspiracy theory stops being that when we see blinding proof that it's real.
Of course everything based on trust, specially a community based on trust. If you have no trust in life you wouldn't be able to live. It's nearly the same with companies. If you have no trust in companies, break away from their services. You can't break away from their services? Right! And why? Because you enjoy the amenity of these services and you are maybe addicted by them. But if you a have a feeling, that your personal trust would be prey for mean ill or other things you can't represent it with your personal ethics, then at least try it as good as possible!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '12, 17:04

It's not easy to break off from Facebook or Twitter when even your damn school life and communication for work rely on it. Also, without these services and Google etc, we wouldn't be so informed about all these issues now.
They are assholes for being sell-outs, but the harsh truth is that we need them right now. Running away is not the answer. FORCING them to work like they should and get their tongues out of corporate ass is what we need to do.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 29th, '12, 17:11

Tyrea wrote: @sorvaseven - of course it's one's own responsibility. i have to say though that it's social engineering at its finest, making use of people's psychological weaknesses and ignorance in the most devious ways.
Psychological weaknesses and ignorance in the most devious ways. YES! And i think it's very humanely, but it's also very humanely not to act this way by yourself and to cognition mean ill by other persons (or companies). I always try to act myself without mean ill and do not support person or companies with mean ill. Sometimes it's too difficult to expose it (it's very very difficult in the IT Business i think^^), but at least try it and don't blame yourself if you fail :-).
Orion1986 wrote:It's not easy to break off from Facebook or Twitter when even your damn school life and communication for work rely on it. Also, without these services and Google etc, we wouldn't be so informed about all these issues now.
Exactly, it is not easy to break off, but it is your own decision and responsibility, not the decision and responsibility of your friends! I don't use Facebook, although all of my friends and acquaintance use it, anyway i'm always informed, because people call me by phone or send me a mail. They don't blame me for it, because i advance my personal view without blame other people.

Look, i'm informed about all the issues we are discussing now, because i read blogs, newspaper and other sources and all of it without services where i have to register me with personal details and spend a lot of time to feed the services with information.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Jan 29th, '12, 17:35

Orion1986 wrote:It's not easy to break off from Facebook or Twitter when even your damn school life and communication for work rely on it. Also, without these services and Google etc, we wouldn't be so informed about all these issues now.
They are assholes for being sell-outs, but the harsh truth is that we need them right now. Running away is not the answer. FORCING them to work like they should and get their tongues out of corporate ass is what we need to do.
Force or compromise? :scratch:
Or a combination of both?

If you prefer force...
Then, support the Pirate Party. Give them more power.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rate_Party

If you prefer compromise...
Then, start buying more DVD, CD, books, go to Cinema...
The entertainment industry complains of low sales or sale lost.
Solution: Help increase their revenues, at least next quarter they
will look like liars. :P

All of these laws and regulations started with Hollywood, and most likely will end with Hollywood.
Last edited by Luna14 on Jan 29th, '12, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '12, 17:41

Force. There are many groups out there, of educated people, fighting for this. Groups that protect citizen's rights, freedom of speech. I make noise and show my support to them.
That is my way. I make that noise through the mediums available to me, the very ones they want to silence. Not everyone has the luxury to drop the life society has enforced on them.

I can't and WON'T drop it, because it's my right to chose and have it. And it's my participation and money and information they use to become rich, so they should shut up and do what their clients want.

That is my own goal and what I fight for. For them to do what they, as a company serving clients, is supposed to do. Serve clients and do what benefits everyone, not just them.

So, less talk from me, from now on, and most posting of links and articles and such.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 29th, '12, 17:52

Orion1986 wrote:Force. There are many groups out there, of educated people, fighting for this. Groups that protect citizen's rights, freedom of speech. I make noise and show my support to them.
That is my way

So, less talk from me, from now on, and most posting of links and articles and such.
That's another way to change circumstances and i wish you good luck, as long as your practices are not bonded with bad intentions :lol

Indeed, lets post more links and articles about our main topic to clear up related issues :salut:

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '12, 17:57

Beyond SOPA: The Past, Present and Future of Internet Censorship
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8uO9bw1TNw" frameborder="0"></iframe>
"After all, all the authorities are waiting for is for the public to fall back asleep"

That is what we need to fear most and what shouldn't happen.

takeda_shingen
Posts: 169
Joined: Sep 7th, '09, 00:05

Post by takeda_shingen » Jan 29th, '12, 18:09

Tyrea wrote:And skype conversations are encrypted and were thought to be safe and private.
Really? It wasn't general knowledge that Skype isn't secure?

User avatar
moadeep
Posts: 137
Joined: Dec 19th, '11, 00:55
Location: Puget Sound

Post by moadeep » Jan 29th, '12, 18:42


User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Jan 29th, '12, 22:25

We should just use google... they are tracking us to help us, they would NEVER use that information against us in any way... just have "faith."

Also, piracy is just plain wrong. Also make sure to correctly input your personal information into twitter and facebook so that the govt can contact you when they need to... also for our own good of course.

Hail Big Brother! :salut:

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 30th, '12, 09:04

Fox News: Megaupload user data could be gone Thursday, federal prosecutors say

Published January 29, 2012

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/ ... z1kvkNhhP8

________________________

Black March - Thursday March 1st 2012 to Saturday March 31st 2012. With the continuing campaigns for internet-censoring litigation such as SOPA and PIPA, and the closure of sites like Megaupload under allegations of 'piracy' and 'conspiracy' the time has come to take a stand against music, film, and media companies' lobbyists. The only way is to hit them where it hurts. Their profit margins. March 2012 is the end of the First Quarter in economic reports world wide. Do not buy a single record [...]
Image

User avatar
SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 116
Joined: Oct 7th, '05, 12:26
Location: Indonesia

Post by SHIN-RA » Jan 30th, '12, 09:44

@Sorvaseven
I will start "boycotting" those stuff from now! As much as I hate the acts supported by entertainment dorks, I will stop going to the cinema, not going to buy dvds (except for blank dvds), I won't even buy any record, and others.
I don't care if people will call me a miser that way but I wouldn't support those greedy guys. Let them fall with their calculations... I will try to influence others to do the same
There are GOOD and free alternatives like "Dr Horrible's sing a long blog" or "The Guild" series. And not to forget, our beloved asian dramas too

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 30th, '12, 10:02

The appeal of Black March is spreading a lot in other forums and on webistes.
Found another interesting site about this topic:

Black-March.com

"Under SOPA, you could get 5 years for uploading a Michael Jackson song. That's one year more than the doctor who killed him"

_____

I think there are two ways to protest and change circumstances against unfairness and inhuman. To dispossess someone/something by passive antagonism and by force. It prefer passive antagonism combined with dialogues on a peaceful way, so the "non-use" of services will pull away their base and a change will be induce. I think the Black March project is a good possibility to practice some passive resistance :-)

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Jan 30th, '12, 10:26

MegaUpload Users Plan to Sue the FBI over Lost Files
http://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-user ... es-120126/

Joint complaint of those affected by the closure of Megaupload service
http://megaupload.pirata.cat/

Dutch ISPs Refuse To Block The Pirate Bay
http://torrentfreak.com/dutch-isps-refu ... ay-120129/

Edit: I think the enemy needs to be attacked on all sides. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Luna14 on Jan 31st, '12, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

ziliey
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 22nd, '10, 14:02
Location: Maldives

Post by ziliey » Jan 30th, '12, 15:12

Is something wrong with mediafire????
Is it just me or can no one download from there anymore??
For 2 days I've been trying to download episodes of Running man and it is not working..
Two days prior to this it was working fine..
Do you think China has blocked all DDL possibilities??

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Jan 30th, '12, 15:34

ziliey wrote:Is something wrong with mediafire????
Is it just me or can no one download from there anymore??
For 2 days I've been trying to download episodes of Running man and it is not working..
Two days prior to this it was working fine..
Do you think China has blocked all DDL possibilities??
I'm not in China, but I'm donwloading just fine.
No problem with Mediafire.

Post your link.
Maybe, is dead. :scratch:

ziliey
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 22nd, '10, 14:02
Location: Maldives

Post by ziliey » Jan 30th, '12, 15:36

it's not dead... maybe it's a problem on my end!!
Sorry for making a big deal out of it..
and thanks Luna14
I'll try downloading it once again

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 30th, '12, 16:24

Works fine for me too. It's expected that things won't run as smoothly sometimes, since all of this is still ongoing and I'm sure such companies are messing around with their systems a lot.
Just keep trying and don't worry. If anything happens, we'll all know sooner or later. It's not a comforting thought, exactly, but at least it's good to know there will be some answers around. XD

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 31st, '12, 11:04

And just to lighten these dark days a bit, here's the awesome Weird Al and his song on our theme du jour.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zGM8PT1eAvY" frameborder="0"></iframe>

User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Jan 31st, '12, 15:57

Some additional links:

Germany is sending copyright letters to thousands of people who uploaded on Megaupload

Caution on Twitter urged as Britons barred from US <- a huge WTF

Parliament grills Google on privacy

RIAA Labels Demand Cash from Alleged BitTorrent Pirates <- I linked this because they demand it from EU citizens (germans to be more exact)

Germans suspend legal system for Big Content short article, linked just to show the power of companies over small people in the courtroom

European Parliament Member Marietje Schaake Explains How Europeans Can Stop ACTA

A Harvard professor on the seizing of megaupload (a youtube video)
Luna14 wrote:What about Tor, does it help to protect IP when downloading torrents?
Yep, but you shouldn't do it. Your torrents will be slow as hell, and those who run it don't like it, it was made for surfing.

Also this https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittor ... -good-idea
takeda_shingen wrote:Really? It wasn't general knowledge that Skype isn't secure?
It had some problems, but generally, being encrypted, it is more or less secure. Granted, since I don't really use it, I didn't follow things related to it. I also don't know what important changes happened since microsoft acquired it. But I sure as hell didn't know they kept logs, and from what I understand that is the case, and the feds got conversations from 2008.

I made a list of some vpns that I need to research a bit more, but in the meantime you might find this useful - Protocols. If you want vpn, what you want is IPSec/L2TP (which works with smartphones too) or OpenVPN. PPTP is always the cheapest but it's not really secure.

Now excuse me while I go vent somewhere. They're f exaggerating, and it's getting ridiculous. They always create some trouble or point to some trouble to keep people alert, frightened, nervous, whatever.There is always some war, some crisis, aaaaaalways something *trying hard not to curse in public*

Oh wait, there is this cool image I came across Sopa and the film industry

edit: For those who freak out seeing the first link, it's uploaders not downloaders, and most importantly, it's not asian stuff. In america it's american, in germany it's uploading german stuff. Also, it seems that germany is more strict than some other countries, so don't be scared.

User avatar
sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 457
Joined: Mar 27th, '11, 19:37
Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA

Post by sensei991 » Jan 31st, '12, 16:38

Tyrea -

Many thanks for your links. I'm trying to digest all this information. My initial reaction is that we are deep, deep into chilling times.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 31st, '12, 16:40


User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Jan 31st, '12, 17:10


takeda_shingen
Posts: 169
Joined: Sep 7th, '09, 00:05

Post by takeda_shingen » Jan 31st, '12, 18:32

This is just opportunistic tabloid reporting about C&D letters to people using peer to peer file sharing where you automatically upload the files you download, that's nothing new and has happened for years there (as some of the later links mention). It's also mostly a case of making easy money and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (and it works, there are people wary of using torrents even for completely legal things).

User avatar
SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 116
Joined: Oct 7th, '05, 12:26
Location: Indonesia

Post by SHIN-RA » Feb 1st, '12, 08:43

To Tyrea:
Thanks for your links, I personally think there are lots of stuff that I need to study first before posting another comment in this topic. it was cool and it has quite a lot of information that I would love to digest it first.
I hope our freedom will not be taken by those stupid corrupt politicians backed by entertainment guys.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 1st, '12, 13:26

Thank you for all the links, Tyrea. I also answered your PM, but it won't leave the outbox, for some reason. It's been there since yesterday morning. XD

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 1st, '12, 14:21

This might be related or unrelated to the topic here, but just wondering
if Julian Assange (founder of Wikileaks site) will be planning to talk about
internet censorship in his new TV show airing March 2012.

http://news.techeye.net/internet/assang ... ne-tv-show


Edit:
ACTA first came to public attention in May 2008 after a discussion paper was uploaded to Wikileaks.[22]

On 22 May 2008, a discussion paper about the proposed agreement was uploaded to Wikileaks.[22] According to the discussion paper a clause in the draft agreement would allow governments to shut down websites associated with non-commercial copyright infringement, which was termed "the Pirate Bay killer" in the media.[44] According to the leaked discussion paper the draft agreement would also set up an international agency that could force Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to provide information about subscribers suspected of copyright infringers without a warrant.[44] In reaction to the leaks, the European Commission issued a statement in November 2008

Quoted from Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Count ... _Agreement
Last edited by Luna14 on Feb 2nd, '12, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 2nd, '12, 11:25

This month there will be a lot of demonstration and protest against ACTA in Europe. If you want to participate, here are some links for you. If you have additional links, feel free to share it with us :-)


>> StoppACTA Protest Wiki

>> List of Events

>> Map of Events (on google maps)
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Feb 2nd, '12, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 2nd, '12, 12:19

Ethlenn just posted this on Twitter.

Acta goes too far, says MEP


User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Feb 2nd, '12, 18:53

Some new links, think of titles as news :)

Beyond ACTA: next secret copyright agreement negotiated this week—in Hollywood skip this one, the title says everything. So now they're discussing it in Hollywood.

EFF and Carpathia Hosting Help MegaUpload Users To Retrieve Their Data

Pirate Bay Verdict SignalsThreat Of Huge New Anti-Piracy Campaignuse the find function to find the comment by "Laughing". it's awesome.


As for spying and censorship:

DHS Paid Contractor $1.16M to Monitor Social Networks, News Media, Blogs & Comments for Dissent

Did The FBI Use Spyware To Get Evidence On Megaupload? So skype keeps IM logs for 30 days, not permanently, and they were never contacted for any evidence.. Honestly I thought MU had a spy or a traitor, but this is not beyond them.

The End Of The Global Internet? Google's Blogger Starts Using Country-Specific Domains To Permit Local Censorship

On the truth about piracy:

Movie industry buries report proving pirates are great consumers oh the hypocrisy

Swiss Government Study Finds Internet Downloads Increase Sales

Anime piracy and streaming found to increase DVD sales in Japan


An oldie, but my absolute fav and a must read: The Copyright Industry – A Century Of Deceit Laughter guaranteed 8) And as history has shown, they always lose.

As for the other related news, dunno if you've read about how the mpaa's ceo threatened on public tv how the industry is watching what the politicians do and how they shouldn't come running to him when they need money. After that a petition was made, 25k people signed it, and the white house' only reaction was No comment. Also the ukranian largest file sharing site was shut down, but it was something that was going on for months, and the case is somewhat different. What really pissed me off is this: Estonia Next In Line To Receive US 'Encouragement' To Adopt Harsher Anti-Piracy Laws

Oh also, the twitter US ban, I think the article I linked didn't explicitly state they were held for 12 hours in a cell with mexican drug dealers, so basically there was this absurd situation where one guy says he's in cause he's a drug dealer, the other says he's in because he used british slang on twitter.

And lastly, I just had to post this - Are Independent Thinkers Mentally Ill? (ODD text i just skimmed it, but it seems that teens being teens and asolescents to various extents is now a mental illness)

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 2nd, '12, 19:23

Woah. Thanks for all of this. I'll be sharing them all in a bit. Twitter and Tumblr. It's really disgusting how these pathetic creatures operate. It really is. They shame humanity.

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 3rd, '12, 00:28

In all seriousness I would be very careful about what you say and what you google with this new policy their adopting, or better yet get off facebook/twitter and google search entirely if at all possible.

They are now admittedly keeping track of what you say and search for on these "bought out" sites, there never was any guarantee of privacy on any such sites, but the fact that they are now outwardly saying that "you have no right to privacy" and "you will be censored" is telling in that there is going to be some form of escalation and potential reprisal (i.e. arrest without ever giving you a trial, thanks to section 1021 of N.D.A.A. signed by Obama on New Years) for things you do on any of these sites that agree to be government flunkies. Sadly it's always been "open season" on you non-US citizens, but with this act, its now "open season" on US citizens as well...

Yes they can still always track you via your I.P. address, even through proxies (if you have them), but as in all such cases, its probably better not to totally give away your unprotected information to these sites, who have now ANNOUNCED that they will crucify you for almost nothing.

I know its hard to do... but I've done it so far (I'm still feeling the withdrawal).

User avatar
PocketKiriyama
Posts: 275
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 03:24
Location: Some where in Illinois, USA

Post by PocketKiriyama » Feb 3rd, '12, 01:03

If all this crap ever pass, I'm moving to Japan or China because it doesn't make a damn difference where I live anymore.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 3rd, '12, 03:08

Well, if history repeats itself, and it usually does, trying to kill piracy will only make it stronger, let new technologies surface and basically change things to be even more convenient for users.
These laws sound scary, but their application will never be allowed by people. Neither on the generic drugs or internet. Because they can only push people so much before they go haywire.

If we stop using these services, we are giving them what they want and play by their rules. The point here is to show them they are not allowed to tell us what to do or not do as free users.
Let them whine. Because they would have to arrest every single internet user in every country, which is simply not doable and not wise to even consider. They are many, but we are more.

We should keep using all these services, like everyone does, and show them we couldn't give a rat's ass what "rules" they make. ALL of us. They can't deal with our numbers.
If we try to escape, we're giving them what they want. If they want to vote these laws, they will. No running away. When that happens, we need to show them the internet is ours.

At least that's what I'll be doing, like many others are apparently doing. I keep using my services like I used to and don't care about what they vote. WE didn't vote for it so we shouldn't follow it.
When they do try to apply these things and realize that people (everyone) just couldn't give a crap and keep going about their business as if these laws never existed, they'll tire and hide again.

They are behaving like children who think they can manipulate their parents if they cry fake tears to get what they want. If you show them you're not buying it, they learn they simply can't always have their way.

We are all free to chose our own ways. This is mine.

A couple of articles:

If SOPA was an aircraft carrier, ACTA and TPP are nuclear submarines

European Parliament official denounces ACTA for secrecy, dishonesty

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 3rd, '12, 04:06

I guess we will agree to disagree again, by using their services we only make them stronger, in addition to putting yourself at risk (though like you say this risk could be minor... there will be an unlucky few who get scapegoated and arrested, but most people will probably slip through the cracks)

However, in a larger sense the better way would be to find another non-government controlled medium and shift all our traffic to that while boycotting the "controlled" services. This would take out the rug from under them.

By continuing to use their services, we allow them to continue making money from our traffic through advertising (big money!) and continue to allow them to control what we see and what we don't.

In terms of search, by banning some sites while shunting traffic selectively to others, we allow them to control the direction of ecommerce and therefore more money. As far as twitter goes, as long as it remains the primary medium for quick communication, this allows them to selectively censor/allow what messages people see... and what messages they don't, effectively preventing us from having honest discussions.

Everyone is entitled to protest or not protest in their own way, but I don't think it can be ignored that if we choose to continue using their services after these admissions, in the larger sense we are supporting what they have done, at least economically, which is the only way that counts (from the company's perspective).

If instead we stand strong and boycott, and create new systems by moving our traffic there, we have a chance of defeating them, either through fear of losing traffic (and money) or through voting with our traffic for other better sites, who actually do protect our freedom of speech and our right to privacy.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 3rd, '12, 11:24

Image
Update: folks on Let's Look are talking about SkyDrive as the alternative. Well, it does have 25 Gb of space, but only 100 Mb per file, so all would be cut. Plus, as far as I know, you need to have msn access.

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 3rd, '12, 23:21

...and the noose tightens further.

http://www.infowars.com/feds-seize-over ... y-charges/

Dozens of websites were shut down merely for linking to copyrighted material, despite the fact that such material isn’t even hosted on the web site itself, a process the Electronic Frontier Foundation has criticized as, “Blunt instruments that cause unacceptable collateral damage to free speech rights.”

Last month, the FBI shut down one of the most popular file sharing sites, MegaUpload.com, for alleged copyright infringement, despite the fact that the site is legitimately used by thousands of people all over the world to transfer and store files.

Shortly after the seizure of MegaUpload, it was revealed that the creators of the site had plans to effectively revolutionize the music industry by generating direct sales and ensuring artists received 90% of their earnings on songs that they sold.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 4th, '12, 11:38

Stop ACTA
http://www.stopacta.com/

MEP Marietje Schaake twitter/website:
https://twitter.com/#!/MarietjeD66


Who votes for ACTA?
http://whovotesforacta.eu/

Demostrations against ACTA in Europe Feb. 11 2012
https://www.accessnow.org/policy-activi ... est-feb-11

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 5th, '12, 09:22

Imageshack just shut down random uploading of pics. You need to register to do it.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6470
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 5th, '12, 09:23

Ethlenn wrote:Imageshack just shut down random uploading of pics. You need to register to do it.
Things are getting to far, I'm in the process of moving to my own domain.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 5th, '12, 09:36

Maybe i will assemble and run my own server at home in the future :blink Are they become crazy??

By the way:

<b>Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk may stop ACTA</b>

<i>According to David Meyer of ZDNet UK, "The chances of [ACTA] becoming law in Europe dwindled suddenly on Friday, after Polish prime minister Donald Tusk said he was suspending ACTA's ratification in his country.

<b>"Tusk's backtracking could spell the end of ACTA for the entire European Union. </b>If Poland or any other EU member state, or the European Parliament itself, fails to ratify the document, it becomes null and void across the union. As it stands, there are already five member countries that have not even signed ACTA."</i>

I this the first success of the massive protest against ACTA and the begin of turning back???? :scratch:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 5th, '12, 09:41

Tusk said that indeed, in the talks on ACTA, one huge group of internet users and consummers wasn't included, so it's not a fair deal, and he wants to re-talk, this time with the said group representatives.

It's all publicity. 2 weeks ago, he was sh*tty happy to kiss US as* and sign it. But when thousands of people went to street despite -20 C, I guess he realised how powerful netizens are.

Edit: I just read that it's not possible to withhold a ratification. If EU makes ACTA lawful, the protest of individual countries won't count. So even if Polish/French/whatever Parliament doesn't ratify ACTA agreement, it will not matter, because that would be ratified by 'higher' power, that is EU Parliament which governs all European countries.

In any case, we are screwed.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 5th, '12, 16:01

Ethlenn wrote:Edit: I just read that it's not possible to withhold a ratification. If EU makes ACTA lawful, the protest of individual countries won't count. So even if Polish/French/whatever Parliament doesn't ratify ACTA agreement, it will not matter, because that would be ratified by 'higher' power, that is EU Parliament which governs all European countries.

In any case, we are screwed.
It's not so easy as you wrote. ACTA has some aspects which <u>influence the national criminal laws </u>of each country (like administrative penalty or imprisonment). So it's essential that each countries parlament has to ratify ACTA, otherwise the criminal laws of ACTA can't influence the individual national criminal laws. Of course other laws of ACTA, which do not influence the nataional criminal laws, are coming into force directly :P .

User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Feb 6th, '12, 02:38

Btjunkie has just closed down :cry:

edit: okay, it's almost 4 am and i can't think straight but I just want to point out that there are other torrent search engines, and there were big search engines in the past which went down too, so let's not get all negative. at least not yet :P a quote from the piratebay
But what enrages us to our inner core is that the system, the empire, the governments, are still allowed to try to boss you and us around with one law crazier than the other. Do you think they will stop with SOPA/ACTA/PIPA? They will not. Because you won't stop sharing those files. Because we will not stay down. Because no one can turn back time. Together, we are the iron that hardens with each strike.

In this year of the storm, the winners will build windmills and the losers will raise shelters. So flex your muscles, fellow pirates, and give power to us all! Build more sites! More nets! More protocols! Scream louder than ever and take it to the next level!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 6th, '12, 05:35

I read that post and they're right. Every time they try to control people and shut things down, even more surface and even more powerful.

Right now, important people are fighting against these legislations and to also create new places and technologies. Of course they are.
But people really need to stay vigilant. The internet has already gone quieter about this. We're falling "back asleep". And we shouldn't.

All of these people that are fighting against this, the more powerful and educated than us, need our numbers and our strength to go on.
When you're up against such powerful institutions, you need to know a) people do need you to and b) that they also support you in this.

So, let's make noise and keep this issue afloat and remind those who forget. Just because things have quieted down doesn't mean these regulations are gone.
It only means people have gotten tired and moved on or maybe they're waiting, like we are, for the next step. But falling into a false sense of "comfort" is dangerous.

As for btjunkie, let's not get paranoid just yet. A lot of these places are trying to evade investigations and such now. They need to lay low anyway.
We don't know if and when they might be back. And they might. Eventually and in some form. But the feds are getting deeper into their abuse now.

The fact is, the economy is crap, things are expensive and most people cannot afford them. Even if they do get their way, no one will be able to buy what they peddle.
Eventually, they'll realize "killing" the internet brings them losses and things will take their natural course again. Even if they do succeed, that is. Which I feel is difficult.

Plus, if Hollywood and American music are all that benefit from this, and they (think they) are, do you think all the countries and companies which will suffer losses will stay quiet ?
All of these regulations piss way too many people off, people who have the power to really cause trouble for being treated that way. They will have stopped sucking up to the US then.

Do you think Korea will be happy when people can no longer reach the hallyu? When they stop buying DVDs, merchandise and tickets because they don't know what to get? Because they haven't seen it or heard it to know?
Do you think all the competitor companies who try to promote new things and innovation will like being stopped in favor of the rich companies getting richer? You can only piss so many people off so much before it backfires.


User avatar
Tadanga
Posts: 172
Joined: May 31st, '07, 10:27
Location: Casablanca

Post by Tadanga » Feb 7th, '12, 00:52

With the prominent role of Japan as a sponsor of ACTA, I strongly advise d-addict admin to start seriously thinking of a contingency plan.
It could be as simple as setting up an IRC channel on Rizon where uploaders and subbers can feel safe in sharing their work. (XDCC bot or .torrent files using DHT)

Please do not wait until your domain is seized or your DNS records interrupted.
They will soon be able to do that with a single phone call and 0 evidence.
And d-addict, along with asiandvdclub and asiatorrents will be the first assaulted.

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 7th, '12, 02:08

Yes, is d-addicts German? therefore EU? Both the EU and Japan are already signatories to the treaty, and therefore all it would take is Japan, who is sadly the initiator of ACTA, to complain to Germany and then... poof... gone.

@Orion
in light of the fact that internet direct-to-user sales was the VERY THING MegaUpload was trying to accomplish RIGHT before they were raided seems to me that profit margins are not the only thing in mind here. It seems that the powers-that-be in the global media market seem to care more about MAINTAINING CONTROL over all the streams of media than they do about making PROFITS.

In other words, they are perfectly happy to take profit losses, in order to maintain their control over what is popular and what isn't... just like google and twitter are doing with their selective censorship of search (google) and of ideas (twitter). Seems to be a running theme this year...

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 7th, '12, 04:13

Oh, that is true indeed. Which is why all this is happening. If profits were the only thing they cared for, they would not mind "piracy".
The "problem" is that piracy brings money to others as well. It makes things more free for competition. They lose their monopoly.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 7th, '12, 10:04

Tadanga wrote:Please do not wait until your domain is seized or your DNS records interrupted. They will soon be able to do that with a single phone call and 0 evidence.
And d-addict, along with asiandvdclub and asiatorrents will be the first assaulted.
TenguKing wrote:Yes, is d-addicts German? therefore EU? Both the EU and Japan are already signatories to the treaty, and therefore all it would take is Japan, who is sadly the initiator of ACTA, to complain to Germany and then... poof... gone.
I don't think so. DA is a small fish besides other platform. I guess the first priority is to close all file sharing networks which deals with hollywood stuff (in the interest of MPAA). First the filehosters, like they have done with megaupload, but there are other hosters they have to close, afterwards p2p networks. First well-known tracker, after it the smaller ones. DA has no tracker anymore, only links. So i guess the DA forum is temporary not in danger. In addition DA spread mostly television dramas which do not effect the japanese entertainment business such as anime, music and cinema films. The dramas are free-to-air in the broadcast television financed by commercial. In addition they are mostly not licensed in other countries, so there is a lack of interest to sue people out of japan. Maybe they would try to use psychological tricks and methods to destroy generally file sharing networks. Determent and fear could deter people to continue to use file sharing networks and all of this would break down because of the distrust of the user. A new anonymous file sharing system could eliminate this distrust, but thats only my fantasy for the future... Moreover i belief the DA coummunity can and will be reorganise in the case of shutting down, even without prearrangements!
Tyrea wrote:Btjunkie has just closed down :cry:
Image

A close down because of determent and fear?

User avatar
moadeep
Posts: 137
Joined: Dec 19th, '11, 00:55
Location: Puget Sound

Post by moadeep » Feb 7th, '12, 21:43


User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 7th, '12, 23:05

Is it really too much to ask for the admins to give us some sort of contingency plan? I am reassured by the fact that d-addicts gave up its tracker(s), as well as the fact that we are a small fish in comparison to other sites, but once the torrents do go out and d-addicts is effectively "gutted." I'm fairly certain that most people, myself included probably will no longer visit the site just for the forums.

So if others are willing, I'd like to put out a call for ideas on torrent alternatives. I really think the idea of "not being caught with our pants down" when it comes to a crisis is a sound one. However, I'd also like to say that while torrents DO stay up and running, we should keep using them until the very last second.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 8th, '12, 09:37

TenguKing wrote:So if others are willing, I'd like to put out a call for ideas on torrent alternatives.
Have you an idea? Besides free torrents, filehosters, IRC, a system like JPopsuki, mailinglist, there aren't new technical alternatives which i know. Except MUTE or Filetopia, but these anonymes filesharing programs have some disadvantages like very slow connections.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 8th, '12, 11:54

US GOV will arrest those who clicking to read the Anonymous Twitter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ailed.html

Source:

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 8th, '12, 13:06

If they're threatening users, it means we're cornering them. Keep pushing. And no, they cannot arrest millions of people from every country.
They would have to enslave the general population and people would revolt, if we ever got close to such a dystopian society. So, no fear.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 8th, '12, 14:46

Sorvaseven wrote:
TenguKing wrote:So if others are willing, I'd like to put out a call for ideas on torrent alternatives.
Have you an idea? Besides free torrents, filehosters, IRC, a system like JPopsuki, mailinglist, there aren't new technical alternatives which i know. Except MUTE or Filetopia, but these anonymes filesharing programs have some disadvantages like very slow connections.
Is there hope here?
Tribler Makes BitTorrent Impossible to Shut Down
http://torrentfreak.com/tribler-makes-b ... wn-120208/

quote:

Their Tribler client doesn’t require torrent sites to find or download content, as it is based on pure peer-to-peer communication. “The only way to take it down is to take the Internet down,”

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 8th, '12, 22:27

Tribler is basically share/winny right? I was thinking more along the lines of something more centralized, which d-addicts could still serve as a hub for managing. If its totally decentralized, then d-addicts would serve almost no purpose.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 9th, '12, 10:03

Bill C-11 like SOPA

Bill C-11 has disgruntled Canadians taking action
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right-cl ... 48003.html


Facebook photos still viewable after users delete them, website finds
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right-cl ... 03916.html

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 9th, '12, 12:21

Luna14... you do have a way of scaring people...

From my friend Peggy:
The SOPA Debate Ignores How Much Copyright Protection We Already Have

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 9th, '12, 21:14

Ethlenn wrote:Luna14... you do have a way of scaring people...
:lol Sorry about that. Bad timing. Someone posted good news before me.

But, here are some other good news:

PES Leader Calls on EP to Scrap ACTA
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=136511

Privacy group demands FTC force Google to roll back privacy policy changes
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/201 ... hanges.ars

(Google's privacy policy changes, to go into effect March 1, let the company synchronize data it collects from users across all of its services. Google claims this benefits its customers with better service integration...)

Internet firms aren't broadcasters: Canada court
http://news.yahoo.com/internet-firms-do ... 47968.html

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 7th, '11, 10:35
Location: <<censored>>

Post by TenguKing » Feb 10th, '12, 00:29

preview of things to come...

South Korea's copyright policy leads to 65,000 acts of extrajudicial censorship/disconnection/threats by govt bureaucrats
http://boingboing.net/2010/10/26/south- ... s-led.html

... a second procedure allows the Minister of Culture to recommend that households be disconnected from the Internet; or that material hosted on web servers be censored, or that an ISP send a threatening "warning" letter to a customer. In the past year, the Minister has sent out 65,000 "recommendations" to Korean ISPs, and in all but 40 cases, the ISPs have complied with the recommendation -- meaning that the recommendation carries the force of law. Except, unlike a law, it has no judicial oversight, no due process, and is handed down by fiat from an unaccountable government bureaucrat.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 10th, '12, 11:20

UPDATE: Slovenia and Latvia will not sign the ratification, too. So now four countries of the EU will suspend the process of ratification ACTA: Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia and Latvia! I hope other countries of the EU will follow this trend...

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 10th, '12, 15:39

On the 14th of January 2012, Greece got its own Pirate Party. Their first order of business? B*tch about ACTA.

JaJe
Posts: 249
Joined: Aug 7th, '09, 20:35
Location: on the silver cloud of dreams ^o^

Post by JaJe » Feb 10th, '12, 15:50

So far my country hasn't signed it, yet they are still argueing about it.
Yesterday I found out that Prime Minister, whom I really looked up to, is a supporter of ACTA. My faith in him faded in a second.

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 10th, '12, 18:01

Germany will not sign the ACTA ratification for now. Just heard in the news.

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 11th, '12, 00:17

Reminder:

Demostrations against ACTA in Europe Feb. 11th 2012
for more information:
https://www.accessnow.org/policy-activi ... est-feb-11

Anonymous-Mask like the ones used by Polish politicians can be printed from here:
http://visualnews.columnfivemedia.netdn ... imited.jpg

Polska/Poland was the first to fight



All countries unite against ACTA!
Last edited by Luna14 on Feb 29th, '12, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 11th, '12, 13:47

And of course, our public transportation in Greece is on a strike. So, no one will be able to get to the places where they organize this. But still, do your best, Europe! AND world!

Luna14
Posts: 191
Joined: Feb 4th, '09, 11:20

Post by Luna14 » Feb 14th, '12, 13:16

Germany:

Despite demonstrations Germany might still sign ACTA
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/acta ... -1.1283222

Canada:
Might be too late for Canada...
Support e-snooping or stand with child pornographers???
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... rom=sec434

Australia:
About to loose Australia...
Govt holds second secret anti-piracy meeting
http://delimiter.com.au/2012/02/13/govt ... y-meeting/

quote:
Under the deal, major US ISPs — including AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Cablevision, and Time Warner Cable agreed with the film and music industries to forward copyright infringement notices from content owners to alleged Internet pirates. After five or six of these notices, ISPs have agreed to institute certain punitive measures, including, for example, temporary reductions in Internet speeds, redirections to educational pages and pages to discuss the problem.

There is speculation in the industry that one potential resolution to the issue of online piracy could be the implementation of a so-called ‘strikes’ system, which would see internet users disconnected after content owners had complained a certain amount of times and provided evidence that a certain user was committing copyright infringement online. Such systems have already been implemented in countries such as New Zealand and France.


Edtit:
USA:
Just in the news...
Justice Dept seeks to bolster IP enforcement team
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/ ... VB20120213


I guess, not too many people are paying attention to this issue.:cry:
Cannot confirm, but rumors are that 90 percent of Americans don't
even know about ACTA.
Last edited by Luna14 on Feb 14th, '12, 13:30, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 14th, '12, 13:23

Luna14 wrote:
I guess, not too many people are paying attention to this issue.:cry:
Cannot confirm, but rumors are that 90 percent of Americans don't
even know about ACTA.
Sadly you're 150% right. It looks like only Europe is fighting.

Yet
Europe hates ACTA

User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Feb 14th, '12, 17:40

A new batch of links, a lot of them since I've been lazy :P

IIPA Reports BitTorrent Sites and Cyberlockers To US Government

I will refrain from any comments, because I suspect some people might find them highly offensive.

ACTA related

Debunking The EU Commission's 'Myths About ACTA'

ACTA Anti-Piracy Treaty Criticized by EU Parliament President

Lithuanian Minister Of Justice Says ACTA Is Unnecessary, Doesn't Actually Help Creators And It's Time To Reevaluate IP

EU Official Who Resigned Over ACTA Details Why ACTA Is Dangerous; While His Replacement Seems Unlikely To Care

Dutch Government: Make European Copyright Exceptions More Flexible Kudos!

This one is just so precious I had to put it. Canadian Politician: You're Either In Favor Of Letting The Gov't Spy On Your Internet Usage... Or You're For Child Pornography
Image
I take it that most have seen the slovenian apology, but there was also"Romanian Prime Minister Admits He Has No Idea Why Romania Signed ACTA".And Is The US Meddling In Polish ACTA Voting?

As for the U.S: 70 Groups Tell Congress To Put The Brakes On Any Further Efforts To Expand Intellectual Property

'The Economist' And 'Financial Times' Already Writing Off ACTA As Dead Here's a quote for those who won't read the article
"Realistically, if we go down this route we are looking at a vote in the spring of 2013," he warns.

The FT quotes an unnamed diplomat who suggests that this delay may "give enough time for the post-SOPA venom to clear," so that governments can quietly ratify ACTA in their national parliaments and in Brussels next year.


You won't get away with it this time, smartasses.

RIAA and others

RIAA: “Misinformation May Be a Dirty Trick, But It Works.”

How Much Of The Collapse Of Recorded Music Sales Revenue Was Due To The End Of Illegal Price Fixing?

Schrödinger's Download: Whether Or Not An iTunes Music Sale Is A 'Sale' Depends On Who's Suing Another precious one.

I've seen tons of articles on what kind of a*sholes they are but these two kind of stand out Protecting The Artists? Disney's Marvel Uses Copyright To Crush Already Broke Ghost Rider Creator and Sony Music Raised Prices On Whitney Houston's Music... Less Than 30 Minutes After She Died

And lastly, regarding the creepy ways and policies

Elite Anti-Terror Police Went After Megaupload’s Kim Dotcom

DARPA Set to Drop Computer "F-Bombs" to Spy on Public

and this one, because imo it's absolutely hilarious: You Can’t Copyright Porn, Harassed BitTorrent Defendant Insists

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest