no more soku.com/ youku videos?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
uglijimus

no more soku.com/ youku videos?

Post by uglijimus » Jul 21st, '12, 01:22

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. It can only be viewed if you are in China.
i'm assuming that means a lot of programs are going to start disappearing from here???

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 21st, '12, 01:45

Just install a proxy switcher plugin for your favorite browser. Then do a search for "Free China Proxy Server". Use the IP address and port number from one of the listed proxy servers. Enable the proxy and the video site will think you are viewing from China. Disable it when you don't need it.

earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by earthcolors » Jul 21st, '12, 09:32

If you use google chrome, you can dl google chrome extensions like Unblock Youku. There are many others.

But still if some channels like JapanCH sets their videos on private, best thing to do is to create a youku account, and send them a friend request in order to be admitted in.

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Jul 23rd, '12, 16:46

thansk guys. I got it working and am able to download. hopefully other members will follow suit and be able to start uploading owarai programs to d-addicts.

fangirlabychu

Post by fangirlabychu » Jul 27th, '12, 10:20

earthcolors wrote:If you use google chrome, you can dl google chrome extensions like Unblock Youku. There are many others.

But still if some channels like JapanCH sets their videos on private, best thing to do is to create a youku account, and send them a friend request in order to be admitted in.
Hello.

The best I could understand with JapanCh's channel is that I'd have to download Unblock Youku, which I did. But I can't seem to figure out how to actually send a friend request there.

Is it alright to assume that I'd just have to post a message on the 留言 part that could be found on JapanCH's profile column at the upper right of the window? What I did was to click on a 查看 of the latest message on the 留言 column and then I got transferred to another window. Then I clicked on 回复 of the latest message and then posted something. Would all that suffice or do I have to click on another button or something?

Sorry for being so clueless but I can't figure out anything anymore with Google Translate. Thanks in advance!

earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by earthcolors » Jul 28th, '12, 18:24

fangirlabychu wrote:
earthcolors wrote:If you use google chrome, you can dl google chrome extensions like Unblock Youku. There are many others.

Hello.

The best I could understand with JapanCh's channel is that I'd have to download Unblock Youku, which I did. But I can't seem to figure out how to actually send a friend request there.

Is it alright to assume that I'd just have to post a message on the 留言 part that could be found on JapanCH's profile column at the upper right of the window? What I did was to click on a 查看 of the latest message on the 留言 column and then I got transferred to another window. Then I clicked on 回复 of the latest message and then posted something. Would all that suffice or do I have to click on another button or something?

Sorry for being so clueless but I can't figure out anything anymore with Google Translate. Thanks in advance!
Yes, they grant access if you write them a message. Like "Hello. Hope you accept my friend request. Thank you!" Better say it in Chinese, just use Google translate.

Go to their channel page.
right under their profile pic of the cat, click the left blue button that says '给TA留言'
Then write your message there.
Good luck. :)

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Jul 28th, '12, 22:11

Is possible that japanCh is putting only some of the videos up public and some are private? I went there and there are stlll videos that he/she is uploading, but I could have sworn that japanCh was uploading london hearts but can't find any evidence of that as of late. Maybe that's why some of the videos are blocked?

fangirlabychu

Post by fangirlabychu » Jul 29th, '12, 09:22

earthcolors wrote:Yes, they grant access if you write them a message. Like "Hello. Hope you accept my friend request. Thank you!" Better say it in Chinese, just use Google translate.

Go to their channel page.
right under their profile pic of the cat, click the left blue button that says '给TA留言'
Then write your message there.
Good luck. :)
It seems I've been added now. Thanks for all the help!

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Jul 31st, '12, 16:36

fangirlabychu wrote:
It seems I've been added now. Thanks for all the help!
I'm curious, after you were added, were you able to access videos that weren't available to you before?

thanks

fangirlabychu

Post by fangirlabychu » Aug 1st, '12, 02:12

uglijimus wrote:
I'm curious, after you were added, were you able to access videos that weren't available to you before?

thanks
Yes, I was able to access them just fine.

:-)

areyou_sure

Post by areyou_sure » Aug 1st, '12, 03:19

oh thanks for sharing! shall go try too

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Aug 1st, '12, 10:55

thanks! do you have to register on soku.com before sending a message to someone?

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Aug 2nd, '12, 11:10

i solve my problem of downloading japanch videos finally.

Nquiz

Post by Nquiz » Sep 19th, '12, 07:12

So how did you guys get this to work? I've downloaded Google Chrome and the un-block Youku add-on, but the videos still do not stream. I've created a Youku account, but none of the videos stream at a watchable speed.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Sep 22nd, '12, 01:20

maybe you still need the adblock extension(/add-on) in google chrome to block the ads to watch the video.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/adblock

Nquiz

Post by Nquiz » Sep 22nd, '12, 18:45

The adblock extensions didn't work for me either. It either wiped out the program video or every video thumbnail link plus the main player window.

Are you able to watch this show:

视频: 人生が変わる1分間の深イイ話「マジックSP」 - 12.09.10

on the JapanCH channel?

Also, I'm not sure if you guys know more about this, but while I was searching Youku viewing techniques, I came across some Japanese blog that said that starting October 1st, a law will be passed so no copyrighted television programs will be allowed on Youku or else you will be prosecuted. Couldn't make everything out because it was in Japanese. Have you heard anything about this?

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Sep 25th, '12, 11:33

The video isn't blocked. I can watch the video 人生が変わる1分間の深イイ話「マジックSP」 - 12.09.10, maybe Japanch has friend-locked the video. You have to register a youku account and send a message request to her to ask her to add you as friend to watch her video

Jonukas

Post by Jonukas » Oct 8th, '12, 13:48

I've noticed that user JapanCH on youku has reached the 10,000 friend limit and can't add anymore new "friends." Does anyone know of another way of getting those "private" videos?

Nquiz

Post by Nquiz » Oct 11th, '12, 02:23

Oh is that what it said? I couldn't make out whether it said that there was a 10000 video limit or if it was a friend limit. I thought it said something about the old video's getting dropped as the new ones fill in the 10000 limit, but I guess I was wrong. It could explain why I still couldn't watch any of the videos after I clicked "send". At least I thought I clicked send...It was all in Chinese and google translate didn't work on the popup window.

Is there no other torrent or download site for Japanese variety shows? It's been dead for uploads the past 2-3 months. Only music shows are being uploaded. All the Japanese video stores have closed in my city or else I would still pay to see these shows.

fictionalistic

Post by fictionalistic » Feb 9th, '14, 03:00

Another option is to use Media Hint or Hola Better Internet if you're using Chrome as a browser.

Fordwood

Re: no more soku.com/ youku videos?

Post by Fordwood » Sep 30th, '17, 09:45

Sorry to bother you sir, but this seems to be a related thread about YouKu and Suku videodownload? i have a question and may i post it here. Recently i wanted to download videos this program named VideoGrabby YouTube Downloader as you can see in (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti ... oader.html). Right before it began to download, it demanded that i must firstly preset 3 parameters - bit rate resolution and aspect ratio. I just want to know what the differences between bit rate and resolution are and how i should preset the values of the 3 parameters? The higher the better will be?