So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
chaotic_dementia

Post by chaotic_dementia » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

Mine, I think, was the drama about a high school student who falls in love and later marries her teacher. Don't know what the English title is, and am not positive what the Korean title is.

rlynxen

Post by rlynxen » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

my first Jdorama was Tokyo Love Story back when i was in 4th grade (so that makes it 10-11 years ago). It was on right after Sailormoon when the anime first came out in Indonesia. i was too lazy to move away from the tv, n decided to just watch this n got totally hooked with it, n so did all my friends. haha i think the next day we totally talked about this more than about sailormoon. n i just got into Kdramas last summer. first one is What Happened in Bali (first 3 episodes), but i think the first series i finished was Country Princess. but meanwhile, I started Full House then, n thats wat really got me HOOKED on Kdramas now. the only Jdorama im watching right now is Gokusen. for Kdramas, im watching Im Sorry I Love You, Spring Day, Stained Glass, Stairway to Heaven, Nine Tailed Fox, .. the list goes on n on. u get the idea..

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Feb 3rd, '05, 19:13

Bk_forever wrote:my first ever drama was summer snow
and was very very sad cried a lot in the end
did not expect that... :cry:
Summer Snow was one of my first dramas too..

But don't u think that Domoto Tsuyoshi looks much better with dark hair then his blond hair like in that series?!

yemen

Post by yemen » Feb 3rd, '05, 21:49

Olga_2005 wrote:

But don't u think that Domoto Tsuyoshi looks much better with dark hair then his blond hair like in that series?!

lol never seen domoto tsuyoshi with dark hair
ya he looks better that way

bobobubu

Post by bobobubu » Feb 3rd, '05, 21:50

my first drama was koi ga shitai X3
really good drama

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Feb 4th, '05, 03:01

yemen wrote:
Olga_2005 wrote:

lol never seen domoto tsuyoshi with dark hair
ya he looks better that way
Hehe, I actually find him cute with hair like that :lol

blond and long hair is not for him.... hope hope...

alvy

Post by alvy » Feb 4th, '05, 03:05

dmorgan wrote:I used to be addicted to anime. I don't watch anime that much these days. I still like it, but jdrama has taken over! :lol
You and me both. :D

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Feb 4th, '05, 03:05

My first drama was Autumn Tale (marketed in my country as Endless Love) when a local TV station released a dubbed version of it. I thought it was ok, then everything started getting too sappy and too corny for me, so I quit watching in the middle of the series... When Lovers in Paris was released locally, I watched and enjoyed it (except for the ending) immensely, which brought back my taste for drama. :D

Vatima Corlati

Post by Vatima Corlati » Feb 4th, '05, 06:11

My first drama was Meteor Garden. Before my sudden interest in any drama, I was an
anime junkie(per say). The film based off the japanese anime and manga "Hana Yori Dango"
was what got me interested in this series. I always disliked any live action spinoffs, but I
had to say that I rather enjoyed the series, and decided to watch the second season as well.
Every since then, I never enjoyed any other genre besides drama.

apples

Post by apples » Feb 4th, '05, 12:57

i thought should've checked it was drama in general and not jsut kdrama.. sorry!

actually, my first one was meteor garden 2. I thought it was a continuation after the manga finished. But it was so different.. didn't like it much, so i watched mg1. Like many others, I discovered the world of drama through Hana Yori Dango.

cherryflavored_Keita

Post by cherryflavored_Keita » Feb 5th, '05, 01:46

I just got into dramas last year. My very first drama was the (fairly old) Jdrama Virgin Road, with Sorimachi Takashi. I really, really liked it, and I remember talking about it for days (gosh!! That freaking Amuro Namie song would never leave my head!).

I think I just picked it on jem's BT page pretty randomly... it sounded interesting and had seeders at the time, so I went for it, and now I'm hooked to Jdramas (watching Mukodano! ^__^), Kdramas (just finished Mianhanda Saranghanda :cry: ), and TWdramas (five words: Vic Zhou as Chen Ling <3 )

So yeah, that was my first exposure to dramas, unless you count MiniMoni's Brementown Musicians XD

voth

Post by voth » Feb 5th, '05, 02:20

First KDrama was Summer Scent :unsure: (still haven't finished, even bought the DVD's when they were released.), first JDrama was You're Under Arrest, I was always hoping for a second season of that one since the anime has over 50 episodes. :crazy:

Like others, I was a anime fanatic, but Korean, Japanese, and even Chinese shows have taken over I still watch a anime ever so often though. :lol

kentomaiku

Post by kentomaiku » Feb 5th, '05, 03:55

first ever kdrama was Stairway to Heaven before the others came along heh still waiting for the high quality subs from fob&kdrama

penginkun

Post by penginkun » Feb 5th, '05, 04:47

If you're talking Korean dramas, I'll have to pass. I don't care for them. Nothing personal, mind you, but Korea doesn't interest me in the least bit. OK, Boa's pretty darn cute (and not a bad singer for that matter), but that's about it.

Japan is where it's at for me. I'd have to really think about it to remember exactly which one I saw first. I think it might have been Aoi Tori, but I'm not 100% on that. The first one I saw start to finish is Akimahende!, which remains one of my favourites. Anything with Uchida Yuki :wub: :wub: AND Fujiwara Norika :wub: :wub: will get my instant approval. 8^)

wanniemelon

Post by wanniemelon » Feb 6th, '05, 05:51

my first drama was Bright Girl's Success Story (Myungrang Sonyuh Sungkongki)... still my all time fave <333

PuddingBerry

Post by PuddingBerry » Feb 6th, '05, 13:43

Well.. before I only watch Thai Dramas ^^" I rent them and

watch them on TV.

My First K-Drama was Autumn in my heart and it made

me cry for weeks T_____T..... so sad :cry: !!!!!!! That's the beginning

of me liking K-Dramas.....

My first J-Drama was ... ermmm. *thinking* .. S.O.S starring Hideaki Takizawa.

senakun

Post by senakun » Feb 6th, '05, 14:15

the first 5 Dramas I saw were:

Itsuka Mata Aeru (Fukuyama Masahara, Shiina Kippei, Otsuka Nene, Sakurai Sachiko, Imada Koji)
Long Vacation
Pure (Tsutsumi Shinichi, Wakui Emi)
Odoru Daisousasen
Age 35 koi shikute

and the first 3 Korean Dramas:

Winter Sonata
Autumn Tale
Beautiful Days

all good :-)

Chynkinese

Post by Chynkinese » Feb 11th, '05, 01:29

Kdrama - Bright Girl
Jdrama - that pilot show...LoL about flying etc. had a bunch before this series .. but this is the first one i finished

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Feb 11th, '05, 01:53

Chynkinese wrote:Kdrama - Bright Girl
Jdrama - that pilot show...LoL about flying etc. had a bunch before this series .. but this is the first one i finished
Good Luck with Kimura Takuya?

baka_neko

Post by baka_neko » Feb 11th, '05, 05:27

my very first jdrama was... god! give me more time! tasty male and female lead and a heart rendering storyline~ it sure got me hooked!

my first kdrama was... winter sonata.... oooh...

Jelithe

Post by Jelithe » Feb 12th, '05, 20:39

First I saw Hito ni Yasashiku. But because in this time doramas wasn't very popular in my country and it was difficult to find next episodes, it took my a long time watch to the end :/ But dorama was great and I wanted watch more :)

titou moony

Post by titou moony » Feb 13th, '05, 15:09

The first drama i've seen was meteor Garden!^_____^ infact, I've read a fanfiction which was inspired by MG and that aroused my curiosity.

And now, I'm in love with Vic Zhou and i want to see his other dramas...*o*

shikane

Post by shikane » Feb 14th, '05, 13:52

:w00t: my first one was All In.... otherwise, i have watched these:

- My Love Patzzi
- A Story Of A Bright Girls Success
- Gumiho
- Romance
- High School Teacher [2003]
- Gokusen
- GTO
- Meteor Garden
- Meteor Garden II
- Marmalade Boy

:-( im kinda new with asian series so i have seen little...but me wanna see more :D

titou moony

Post by titou moony » Feb 14th, '05, 15:54

I'm new too!^____^

Bright girl success is cool? I'm downloading it but i don't know what it is exactly...TT

Fociis

Post by Fociis » Feb 21st, '05, 03:33

Long Vacation. I got caught up in the hype and I never looked back!

kimchichan

Post by kimchichan » Feb 21st, '05, 07:50

The first drama I saw is Beach Boys :D

FantaxyStar

Post by FantaxyStar » Feb 21st, '05, 17:51

My first favorite drama was Meteor Garden. Korean- Glass slippers
Now I watch a lot of dramas.. :mrgreen:

madyjune

Post by madyjune » Feb 22nd, '05, 05:04

The first drama I actually watched is a Japanese drama with Noriko Sakai, "Heaven's Coins". It's about a nurse who is deaf and two brothers who are both doctors fell in love with her. My cousins were addicted to them and I started watching the drama with them. If you mean kdrama, the first one I've watched is Delicious Proposal 'cuz that's the first kdrama aired in my country. I didn't fell in love with kdrama until after watching "Autumn Tale", the 3rd kdrama aired here.

MonsieurCampeur

Post by MonsieurCampeur » Feb 22nd, '05, 17:06

My first Kdrama that I watched from beginning to end was "Autumn Love".

My first Jdrama was "My Husband" and I have yet to watch a 2nd one.

My first Cdrama was "Lavender" the current CSOTM.

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 23rd, '05, 21:31

the first ever drama I watched was Little House on the Prairie. It's an english drama though. J drama was NINJA , and Chinese drama was The Bund.

otcho

Post by otcho » Feb 23rd, '05, 22:46

Since everybody's telling his experience, here is mine:

My very first drama was "You're under arrest! Live Action" and i felt like "what the heck is this crap", and i just kept avoiding opportunities to try any asian drama stuff

And then, a friend asked me several times to watch Stairways to Heaven and i finally gave it a try, after few episodes it became interesting and i wanted to know what would happen to jungsuh...
Finally, i ended appreciating a lot this drama, but since it was very sad, i was very down and i had to change my mind a little bit, so i got into Winter Sonata, which seemed very entertaining and turned out to be my very best experience of asian dramas/movies ( i watched like 250+ ), and then i got addicted to dramas, the more i watch the more i want to watch..
And compared to korean movies, where u get to know all actors after watching a hundred movies or so, there's drama-only actors that u dont find in movies (Song Hye-Gyo for exemple), and i find it very fun, because the more you watch, the more you get to know about an actor or another, and the more you want to watch his other dramas... that's kind of how it works for me with korean movies too ^^

(...)

Now i'm addicted as hell at dramas, especially korean ones, i'm currently watching Full House and Maybe I'll watch Damo next, or Autumn Tale .. depends on my mood :P

What's funny is that few years earlier I saw my cousin and my grandmother being addicted to some vietnamese-dubbed korean dramas and I laughed at that cause from the outside it seems stupid... Had I kown I'd be crazy about these same dramas by now ^^

PS: By far, Winter Sonata is still for me the best drama i've ever seen.. I'm looking forward to discovering another one that could compete...

Niko

Post by Niko » Feb 24th, '05, 19:40

First Asian Drama I watched... I'm not so sure, I guess it was Goto Maki's Yanpapa or the Korean All About Eve. Both of them were great!

cleorosa

Post by cleorosa » Feb 24th, '05, 19:48

Shomuni!!!
I loved this series! cinatsu is really cool here
hilarious!
ladies doing all the maintenance jobs. :D

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 24th, '05, 19:56

yeah,,yeah... hilarious drama indeed. ... sampuk aje cleorosa, janji post banyak. oooppzzz :offtopic: soorrryyy minasan.

cleorosa

Post by cleorosa » Feb 25th, '05, 03:36

:roll :P :lol

nanowel

Post by nanowel » Feb 25th, '05, 19:30

My first serie and only serie was Age of Warriors, the korean historical drama.
It was good enough to push me to find more dramas :D

xmunkeezx

Post by xmunkeezx » Feb 25th, '05, 23:33

The first Korean drama I watched was Autumn Love [Is that it?] with Song Seung Hun, WonBin and Song Hye Gyo ... T_T It made me cry and I just started liking Korean dramas after that. However, I don't recall the first drama I watched ... been watching Chinese ones since I was 6 so it's been too long ^^ Haha That explains my addiction

T.c

Post by T.c » Feb 27th, '05, 05:45

The first Japan drama I watched was Love Generation and the first korean drama was Winter Sonata...After that, it makes me wanna watch more..!

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Feb 27th, '05, 07:17

Mine was ... hmm, 'The Star in my Heart'' was the first one I saw all of. It has Ahn Jae Wook. ^__^ It was a very Cinderella-esque story. I don't remember it too well, but Ahn Jae Wook is a popular singer, and he falls in love with this girl, who this rich family has suddenly adapted (reason unknown at first - of course it's some affair related thing xD). The daughter of the rich family also loves the singer. Of course, she's really bitchy. The main character is ... a fashion designer of sorts? If I remember correctly. A really hot business dude falls in love with her. Ahhh, I forgot the name of the actor tho. .___. Anyway. Good stuff. Typical Korean, but at that time, it was so new and soooooo good for me. It's been so so long. .____.

I wonder if anyone else has seen it. .__.;; It's Korean title is 'Byul en Nae Ga Seum Ae' ...

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Feb 27th, '05, 17:13

my first japanese drama was beach boys. it was aired in 1999 i guess. Before that i love watching hong kong drama like detective investigation files, supercop, anything with louis khoo, jimmy lin, leo ku. and my first korean drama that i watched was all about eve.

Slash

Post by Slash » Feb 28th, '05, 02:42

busyizzy wrote:Mine was ... hmm, 'The Star in my Heart'' was the first one I saw all of. It has Ahn Jae Wook. ^__^ It was a very Cinderella-esque story. I don't remember it too well, but Ahn Jae Wook is a popular singer, and he falls in love with this girl, who this rich family has suddenly adapted (reason unknown at first - of course it's some affair related thing xD). The daughter of the rich family also loves the singer. Of course, she's really bitchy. The main character is ... a fashion designer of sorts? If I remember correctly. A really hot business dude falls in love with her. Ahhh, I forgot the name of the actor tho. .___. Anyway. Good stuff. Typical Korean, but at that time, it was so new and soooooo good for me. It's been so so long. .____.

I wonder if anyone else has seen it. .__.;; It's Korean title is 'Byul en Nae Ga Seum Ae' ...
Oh man, I'm dying to see this one. I heard it's really really good. I remember it was extremely popular back when it came out, but I didn't get a chance to see it. Choi Jin Sil is my favourite actress of the 90s. So unbelievably gorgeous and talented.

The actor you're thinking about is Cha In Pyo, I believe. I remember watching a few of his dramas, too. Awesome guy. So is Ahn Jae Wook. All three of them were huge. Kind of like an Autumn Tale situation from a casting standpoint.

Anyway, here's a cool site I found where you can download some of the songs. 8)

http://www.geocities.com/dramakorean/wishuponstar.html

ucscsux

Post by ucscsux » Feb 28th, '05, 03:20

i saw some chinese drama called "thank you grandpa." it was pretty funny but i guess it's not on d-addicts!

Devilslad

Post by Devilslad » Feb 28th, '05, 07:13

First drama I saw was GTO followed by Summer Snow.

Dev

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Feb 28th, '05, 18:17

My first television drama that I saw was Kimi wa Petto. I decided to watch it because I fell in love with the manga. (have you noticed that manga which they make into tv series are really good? - Gokusen, Meteor Garden, Mars...)

Then I started watching Gokusen. And so on. ^____^

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Feb 28th, '05, 18:46

My first drama was Summer Snow. Ever since that I've watched more or less everything I've gotten my hands on. My latest show was Sweet 18 wich I realy liked. I'm currently trying to download Hotman and I'm looking forward to H2 and Lunch no Joou by Studio Oto.

oshirou

first drama

Post by oshirou » Mar 1st, '05, 10:32

i think it was METEOR GARDEN. so kawaii!!!! but i guess hana yori dango (anime) is better. ^_^v

luvly_snow

Post by luvly_snow » Mar 1st, '05, 14:13

beautiful life...that series has stuck with me forever, i didnt know that i could like japanese dramas so much!

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Mar 2nd, '05, 03:54

AT the moment I'm watching heaven's coin.. gotta get my eyes back on a step into the past!

tata

Post by tata » Mar 10th, '05, 18:15

my first drama was full house, it's very great :D love itttttttt

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Mar 17th, '05, 12:40

After graduating from high school i accidentally changed the channel when a kdrama was on and this amazingly hot actress was on it... i was amazed after seeing all this american crap with ugly white actresses like drew barrymore and such. I actually only saw like 1.5 episodes of that first drama but it was enough to entice my curiousity that after coming home from college a year later (which is not even a year ago) i got EXTREMELY hooked when stairway to heaven/phoenix/ hearts in bali were all airing on KBFD and now im a drama whore that dl's dramas nonstop...............Anyways my first drama was on the prairie (WHICH I WISH WOULD BE UPLOADED ONTO D-ADDICTS *WINK* *WINK* hehe) and that magnificent actress that hooked me into watching dramas was CHAE RIM!!! I have been a huge fan of hers ever since.... shes soooo mouth-watering hotttttt... too bad shes married lol

Camui

Post by Camui » Mar 17th, '05, 18:32

Hmm, I don't think I've posted here. My first one was Yanpapa because of Maki Goto. That was also how I found out about J-TV. My second and all time favorite was Summer Snow.
Then I found out about this place from Kam.

Javman

Post by Javman » Mar 17th, '05, 18:38

First Love :D (k-drama)

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Mar 17th, '05, 19:07

Hm.. I think that's Great Teacher Onizuka, wanted to watch the anime, but it was licensed and the drama was available as well... and I liked it. I think after that I started watching Yanpapa, dunno why, think i read the descriptions at j-tv and liked that story. Then MARS!!!! awesome, first series I got here btw., still dunno how I got on this site.......
It all happened so fast... two years ago I didn't even know what anime was..... and the idea of watching drama would sound revolting to me...... guess that changed....

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse » Mar 17th, '05, 19:21

my first jdrama was PRIDE which i really liked :D
after that i became hooked and watched water boys, last christmas, h2, beautiful life, gto, tokyo love story, ... and now i'm addicted, i just want more :lol

kuraizie

Post by kuraizie » Mar 18th, '05, 05:36

itazura na kiss!
thats wat started me on manga and dramas o__O;;
such a cute story...by now ive seen a whole bunch, cant remember all of em
atm my fave is gokusen! :P

acurax401

meteor garden

Post by acurax401 » Mar 18th, '05, 06:03

was my first drama

Sannah

Post by Sannah » Mar 18th, '05, 20:46

My first one was Sweet 18. I got it from a friend and it was so refreshingly different from what I was used to that I enjoyed it a lot. It did help that both main characters were so adorable. It did take a bit long in the end, but I have never been someone to watch something very quickly, so the fact that I watched it in a few days says a lot. :D

casperr0se

:-)

Post by casperr0se » Mar 19th, '05, 09:40

mine was MG 1 and 2 ... totally love it

Sushi Champloo

Post by Sushi Champloo » Mar 19th, '05, 23:16

beautiful life got me into everything~!! the dramas, the soundtrack, the jpop, well except anime, i grew up watching that. :D

princeszz

Post by princeszz » Mar 20th, '05, 05:22

woahhh.. reading your posts suddenly made me feel like a veteran drama addict. my first chinese drama was fei fu kwan ying (very cool drama about the hong kong swat team and the chinese Mafia) back in 1990, the first japanese drama was ninja (the one with sasuka and yin - the characters' names) , then oshin or maybe rin hane koma and well... my first k-drama is a little bit recent - winter sonata. i got back from korea in June 2001 (i was there as a gyohan hakseng) and suddenly almost everybody in Malaysia is going crazy over korea, koreans, and korean dramas when just a year before, the only korean thing they're familiar with was the cars. i watched this in 2001 and needless to say, i am hooked ever since.

:mrgreen: i fell in love with the country first.

larbautista

first kdrama I watched

Post by larbautista » Mar 20th, '05, 05:42

There were several kdramas already showing here but what got me jooked was "Summer Scent". Great guy! and It went on from there. I'm totally hooked!

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Mar 20th, '05, 05:45

My First Jdrama was Tokyo Love Story
All About Eve is Kdrama right? then that would be first kdrama

ahnchan

Post by ahnchan » Mar 20th, '05, 05:57

first kdrama: autumn fairy tale (with no subs! and it was still good)
first jdrama: Forbidden Love (funny, cuz the release d-addicts has is the same one that i watched here is so cali) hahaha....

juljul9

Post by juljul9 » Mar 20th, '05, 13:27

wow.. my first j-drama was a long time ago --> Under the same roof :wub:
simply loved it...still have the vcds, quality not good and chinese subs :-(

first k-drama will be autumn in my heart..
it was so popular back then in singapore..
but i won't watch it again now, too draggy

Betrayal

Post by Betrayal » Mar 20th, '05, 14:03

My First K-Drama is "Endless Love: Autum In My Heart" how can you not watch the first ASIAN Blockbuster from KOREA :) ALL HAI SONG HYE GYO "EUN SUEN" or "Yung HEE"

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Mar 20th, '05, 14:49

well, I've just started watching doramas and my first j-dorama was...Good Luck!! (I really love this one)
so I still have a lot to watch..but I'm catching up pretty fast :lol

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Mar 20th, '05, 14:57

I watched drama when I was a baby because my mother was an avid drama lover, however, the first Jdrama that I've come to love was Heaven's Coin and since that one fateful day, I'd fallen in love with Jdrama. It's a pity I didn't get to see many Jdrama being shown in my language (except for some popular ones: Under One Roof, Tokyo Love Story, Oshin...) until I found this board, and wham, I was so happy I cried, hehe...

As for Kdrama, the first one I'd watched is this really boring and slow drama called Sunflower. I remember I actually was very annoyed at the slow pace and fell asleep whenever my mother turned to the channel that the drama was on. I didn't care about any Kdrama afterwards, until I saw Medical Brothers some years later and hopelessly followed the whole story. Jang Dong Gun was just awesome in there. He was the main factor that turned me on Kdrama again.

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Mar 22nd, '05, 00:27

GTO :D

crazyperson321

Post by crazyperson321 » Mar 23rd, '05, 02:16

The Rose :-)

(i still need seeding :-( )

rel

Post by rel » Mar 23rd, '05, 20:55

Mine was Autumn Tale.. some friends recommended i start off with that :P

kwinnie

Post by kwinnie » Mar 23rd, '05, 23:32

My first Kdrama is Autumn Tale and I am hooked to Kdramas ever since.

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Mar 25th, '05, 11:47

match made in heaven, i was just surfing through channels on tv and i managed to stop at the korean channel(kbfd), i just watched 1 episode of it and i got hooked, been watching dramas ever since..

gothiquemommie

Post by gothiquemommie » Mar 25th, '05, 19:09

First drama.. Sleeping Forest :wub: I still is one of my all time favorites and it made me into the addict that I am today. :w00t:

esmink

Post by esmink » Mar 25th, '05, 19:11

My first korea drama was GLAS SHOE.. really reall good...

nitewind12

Post by nitewind12 » Mar 27th, '05, 07:16

First was Attic Cat for me! I loved it a lot!
Haven't seen any C or J-dramas, but I look forward to My MVP Valentine for next C-drama of the month. :D