So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Sassy Man

So.. What was the first drama you watched??

Post by Sassy Man » Jan 19th, '05, 05:13

Ok - my parents used to always watch the videos. But they always contained women in hanbaok and men in white with the micky mouse hats.

THe common word used all the time - 'jeon ha'. Doesn't it mean telephone?

Not hooked.

But the first that I saw, from start to finito was ' Wang cho'. Got a real kick out of this.
CHa In Pyo. My kinda guy. Action. Romance. Good background. Bit of history. ANd of course, the chick. What was her name?

It still holds it's own imo against the current contraptions.

What did you see first? ANd enjoy.

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Jan 19th, '05, 05:39

Humm.. do you mean from KDrama? (I'm asking cuz I see that you started talking about on the Korean Entertainment place) If so then I didn't have the time to get into it! But I'll buy a DVD burner soon (and stop bothering my brother to move my files oh his computer and burning it with HIS DVD burner!) since K and C dramas take much more space then JDramas.. I guess it's just a mattar of time until I'll started downloading those too.

So, the first J Drama I saw and likes was.. well the first one I ever saw and from the point got ADDICTED, it was GTO! Really amazing!! Couldn't get my eyes off the monitor!

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Jan 19th, '05, 05:45

ya olga, you are svedish ya?

heh. kiddiing.

So what was GTO about? And waht got you hooked?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 19th, '05, 06:09

First K-drama I ever watched was Autumn Tale when it was shown on a tv station here 4 years ago. At that time I was still immune to K-drama cliches, and I got so taken in by the story. And the beautiful scenery, great acting & fitting music really got to me as well. So it got me hooked to K-dramas & my craze has lasted till now. :D

guccietro

Post by guccietro » Jan 19th, '05, 15:57

Mine was All About Eve :roll

tinhvibanbi

Post by tinhvibanbi » Jan 19th, '05, 16:35

AJA AJA FIGHTING
mine is FULL HOUSE :D

lorkhan83

Post by lorkhan83 » Jan 19th, '05, 16:57

Beautiful Days...
I really liked a lot Ryu Shi Won... he was really good there and since then I became a fan of his... I really liked the songs too... Goodbye and Promise (Iaksok)... I never found any other drama with 2 better songs... at least for now...
Lee Byung Hwan was also good... Choi Ji Woo I only liked at traits... but, she tends to overdo it several times... she forces too much and that gives me a sensation of falsehood... I always think she should be more natural in her acting (in Stairway to Heaven she really reaches levels of absurdity... the other guy instead playing the part of her brother, Shin Hyun Jun is really good)... I wouldn't want to criticize coz I understand she's really popular and liked very much but, that's what she transmits to me...

Best actress in a drama I've seen so far is Su Ae in Love Letter who I'm also seeing in Chang Poco. I also was greatly suprised by Park Ye Jin in When a Man Loves a Woman
and Yoo Ho Jung in Rosemary also deeply impressed me.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jan 19th, '05, 20:37

lorkhan83 wrote:I really liked a lot Ryu Shi Won...
Fathead? :blink :blink :blink
Heheh sorry, IRC joke. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, I saw My Love Patzzi first and I really enjoyed it, especially the beginning half of the show when Jang Na Ra was chucking stones and being cute. On reflection, it was only a mediocre drama but I can still remember some scenes vividly! ^_^

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Jan 19th, '05, 20:47

*Thinks really hard* First kdrama eh.... hmmm, I can't really remember anymore, I think it was All About Eve, though I never really did finish it. However, the first kdrama that I have watched and liked would have to be Gumiho. It's prolly the one that got me searching for more kdramas, lol. Before that, I was more into jdramas.

cofeemee

Post by cofeemee » Jan 19th, '05, 21:09

Um...I have to say Hotelier (watched dubbed at the time) started my K-drama addiction. Now I hardly watch dubbed drama anymore. So much better to hear the actual language plus you can learn a korean word here & there.

aziatik

im old skool!!

Post by aziatik » Jan 20th, '05, 12:16

my First k-drama was Propose!! Damn Kim Hee-Sun, She is like the first high. after that drama ur just chasing after the first dramas (high). Oh i guess Ryu Shi-won too. i liked him from that drama to but not in a gay way!! =)

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Jan 20th, '05, 14:07

The first asian drama I watched was Meteor Garden and I guess I pretty much enjoyed it even though I didn't understand what was going on. :lol Besides that, I would have to say Full House. Very addictive stuff, that. :D

odino

Post by odino » Jan 20th, '05, 14:34

First one I ever watched was "Brothers" with some guy from Gakt I believe. I enjoyed it a lot, but maybe it wasn't so good. Could be that it was the first and expectations were low. It doesn't seem popular here, or known. After that I saw Heaven's Coin and it was obviously very good.

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Jan 20th, '05, 14:53

First drama I ever watched was "Your Under Arrest". I wasn't too good and I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Luckly I watched GTO next; loved it and the rest is history. :)

Good day,
~rico

kelly...BiG

Post by kelly...BiG » Jan 20th, '05, 17:16

I STARTED WATCHING K-DRAMA'S RIGHT AFTER AUTUMN TALE CAME OUT! SINCE IT WAS SO GUD I KEPT GOING WIT K DRAMA'S!

sammer1996

Post by sammer1996 » Jan 20th, '05, 19:43

I saw Korea Drama the first with All about eve but I enjoyed Fire Bird too.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 20th, '05, 22:07

Beautiful Days.. I loved it! I got hooked on Korean Drama and dropped all the jdoramas I've been trying to finish up. Then i watched My Love Patzzi, and I enjoyed that as well... then Sweet 18.. until I ran into Attic Cat.. I didn't enjoy that one very much.. recently, after watching Autumn tale and I'm Sorry I love you(err.. i didn't like it as much as a lot of ppl did), I went back to jdoramas again.

Dodbos

Post by Dodbos » Jan 20th, '05, 22:53

the first full drama i saw was winter sonata...i thought that was pretty good. i saw that on tv and never watched one again. when i first came to this site it still had to movies and then i stopped coming for a while. the next time i came back it only had dramas, so then i was like might as well watch one, so i watched full house, which i thought was funny, but dragged on a little too long. I saw sorry i love you and i thought the story was pretty good, but a lil disappointed with the ending. now im finishing up pride and then iono whats next. any suggestions?

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jan 20th, '05, 22:56

Dodbos wrote:now im finishing up pride and then iono whats next. any suggestions?
There are a lot of suggestions here

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Jan 20th, '05, 23:05

Sassy Man wrote:ya olga, you are svedish ya?

heh. kiddiing.

So what was GTO about? And waht got you hooked?
LOL

Hum.. what got me hooked? It was Onizuka Eikichi, I mean that character is just so cool! He's such a badass but at the same time he knows and does what's right. And it's really amusing how everyone thinks that he's this perverted young teacher, but in the end he always proved his point. And well, the actor Sorimachi Takashi is damn hot!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jan 20th, '05, 23:20

First dramas? Watched so many now I'm almost starting to forget. Winter Sonata was the first Kdrama, followed by Beautiful Days. Guess I started as a Choi Ji Woo fan. Loved the fact that I could follow the same characters through 20 hours or so of story.

First Jdramas were Beautiful Life and Virgin Road. BL is still just about my favorite all-time drama, and I am now a life-long Tokiwa Takako fan! (although it was kind of weird seeing her walking around in Meguri Ai later....

First Chinese/TW drama was Lavender. Nice little tearjerker there.

What really turned me on to the differen Asian dramas was the fact that a lot more time was devoted to the plot and relationships than I was used to seeing. Plus, it's nice to not be guaranteed a happy ending like pretty much everything here in the US. So many gorgeous actresses doesn't hurt either...

lle410

Post by lle410 » Jan 21st, '05, 03:31

The first kdrama I ever saw was Autumn Tale. It was good, but the ending was like :glare: . hehe. It didn't get me hooked to kdramas though. Then I ran across Full House and saw it was the same actress so I gave it a try. Now that series I love love loveeee. Full House is so awesome. Song Hye Kyo and Rain were just so awesome together. Full House is my favorite of all. :D

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jan 21st, '05, 04:53

1st K-Drama: Autumn Tale. SHK :wub: was in it, need i say more?? i watched My Love Patzzi, Attic Cat, and Damo after that.

1st J-drama: Virgin Road. a must see, not the typical j-drama. i think it's a little taboo in J-culture? must find some time to watch GTO since i've heard so many good things about it.

1st C-drama: been so long, i don't remember the 1st 1. when i watched Chinese dramas, it was usually the fighting 1s like the Condor Heroes series; Heavenly Sword, Dragon Sabre; Chor Lau Heung; and many more.

i also watched some Thai dramas but never really got into it. although the Thai gals r pretty. :mrgreen:

so many dramas, so little time and bandwidth! :roll

gillie

Post by gillie » Jan 22nd, '05, 13:24

i started watching kdrama after i watched FULL HOUSE!! it was so funny...n romantic...

tlvkl

Post by tlvkl » Jan 22nd, '05, 21:19

First one was My Love Patzzi..first one I enjoed was Full House

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jan 22nd, '05, 21:49

First Drama ever? Lol. I started watching Dramas (Chinese ones) since I was like 4. It was called "Bai Gu Niang" (White Woman, literally). It was about a girl whose parents were killed and she gets taken in by some swordsmaster. Her skills become very good and she wants revenge. Of course, there were a lot of complications and such .. with a love triangle =D

First JDrama - GTO Wanted to see it when I was in the middle of watching the anime series. Of course, I ended up liking the drama much more in some areas. =D

First KDrama - Autumn's Tale Bawled my eyes out. I never thought I could cry so much when watching a drama series. Other than that, I really love "Full House".

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Jan 22nd, '05, 23:22

My first drama ever was when I was a wee lass so I can't remeber but they were all HK epic dramas made available by viet subbers in my town. As an adult I was reintroduced to dramas when a fellow "otaku" suggested I watch the GTO live action series which led me to watch a other anime/manga adaptations such as Meteor Garden and Mars

which led me to remember that I had a long fascination with asian dramas in general

my first Kdrama was Full House and I adore adore adore it

pflower

First series?

Post by pflower » Jan 22nd, '05, 23:47

The first drama I ever watched was Summer Scent...found one episode by accident looking for anime on FOB. When I couldn't find anymore subbed episodes I bought it on YesAsia. Then wondered if Chinese drama was as good and I found my way to.....my next favorites Meteor Garden 1 and 2....and then I really enjoyed Japanese Drama when I started watching Sakura on TV. (wish they had this one on d-addicts so I can watch it again, missed the begining eps)

oohimemiyaoo

Post by oohimemiyaoo » Jan 23rd, '05, 02:07

My first Korean Drama was Succes Story of a Birght Girl. The only reason I watched it was because I went to an anime convention the summer before and saw Jang Hyuck in Volcano High and was curious to see him in an 'infamous' Korean Drama. I read about it not being like typical Korean Dramas and most were over teh top sad and romantic.

After that I got into many other Korean Dramas that I abosolutely adore. Even inpirsing me to study Korean =D

alvy

Post by alvy » Jan 23rd, '05, 02:23

An aquaintance on an anime dc-hub told me that I had to watch Strawberry on the Shortcake. We liked the same anime shows, so I said "Ok", and here we are. :roll

I still think SOS is one of the best jdramas around, BTW. Top 5, or so.

My first kdrama came a few months later, Summer Scent. Started well, then never seemed to get anywhere. After that, I've never really gone back to kdrama, just watched a few episodes here and there. I'm sticking to what I know works. :D

oohimemiyaoo

Post by oohimemiyaoo » Jan 23rd, '05, 02:29

I'm hearing so much abotu Strawberry on the Shortcake. I will most definately have to check it out. Thanks for tipping me over to downloading it , alvy =D

alvy

Post by alvy » Jan 23rd, '05, 02:58

Always glad to be of service. :D

raynebow

Post by raynebow » Jan 25th, '05, 21:42

First drama? That would be Chinese dramas...and I've been watching those ever since I could remember. My family watched them all the time.

My first KDrama was Hotelier, and that started everything, especially my deep-felt love for Bae Yong Jun. Haha...

I'm working my way through Winter Sonata now, and I'd like to see the rest of the dramas that Bae Yong Jun did.

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ay_link » Jan 26th, '05, 00:00

guccietro wrote:Mine was All About Eve :roll
mine too! :D
.. and been addicted ever since... :lol

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 26th, '05, 00:49

since it's under korean entertainment, then my first kdrama is bright girl with Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk...and that's my first introduction to all-that-is-korean :mrgreen:
I remember getting curious why is it that they have the same last name "Jang"...I asked my korean friend(who I started seeing in a different light bcoz of 'em dramas) why, I forgot what she said...
anyway, back to bright girl...I loved the first half of the show...dont ask about the 2nd half :lol

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Jan 26th, '05, 00:59

Mine was Love Letter, sooo addicted to it, its just like crack, lol. But I wish I could finish watching the rest of the series, but unfortunately im getting a speed of 2kB with episode 10 :-(

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Jan 26th, '05, 00:59

My first drama was Beautiful Life. I grabbed this from jtv way back when (2003).

I had been downloading a lot of fan subbed anime and came accross a link to jtv. I thought hey, this might be good. I read that Beautiful Life was "big in Japan." I really got into it. I watched 2 episodes a day. Around the time I finished downloading jtv's releases, d-addicts started up. The rest is history. :D

If you haven't seen it, you are missing a good one. It sucked me in to jdrama forever. :mrgreen:

minimin

Post by minimin » Jan 26th, '05, 01:15

Jannah wrote:First K-drama I ever watched was Autumn Tale when it was shown on a tv station here 4 years ago. At that time I was still immune to K-drama cliches, and I got so taken in by the story. And the beautiful scenery, great acting & fitting music really got to me as well. So it got me hooked to K-dramas & my craze has lasted till now. :D
Me too. I got hooked to K-drama after my first k-drama Autumn In My Heart. Love the people, cause theyre all so good-looking esp. SHK and Won Bin.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jan 26th, '05, 01:28

My first K-drama?I started out watching only j-drama, but then I saw Damo and now I'm absolutely hooked on K-drama. I loved that show, and I've been a HjW fan ever since. Now I have to watch everything she's in.....

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Jan 26th, '05, 01:32

definetly full house for k-dramas...enjoyed it all the way..from beginning till end =]

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jan 26th, '05, 01:37

Ok, well my first dramas are:
Japanese: Beautiful Life
Korean: Bright Girl's Success Story
Taiwanese: Meteor Garden 2 (from jem what a disappointment it was because of that i harldly watch any taiwanese dramas other than lavender)

PS: any taiwanese recommendations :w00t:

upikepik

Post by upikepik » Jan 26th, '05, 18:22

for me it was BiMihl (Secret) *kim ming jong, ha ji won, kim ha neul*

PPiranha

Post by PPiranha » Jan 26th, '05, 18:39

My first Kdrama was Autumn Tale. I like it a lot but I think story line is too sad (kind of over the top), and I don't like the ending.
My first love of Kdrama is Winter Sonata. I love it so much. I finished this series in 2 days..... :D
Right now, I have All about Eve (dubbed), probably will watch it in couple days.

Uranaa

Post by Uranaa » Jan 27th, '05, 05:31

My first drama was Korean drama named FIRST LOVE. it is so sad and very nice romence. Hyo kun and chan wook are love each other.but they lost each other. they never cant stay together. i like that drama first love.
Attachments
HK+tells+SJ+Dont+stop+Chan-woo.jpg
HK+tells+SJ+Dont+stop+Chan-woo.jpg (15.06 KiB) Viewed 34220 times
CH+shocked+that+HK+seen+him.jpg
CH+shocked+that+HK+seen+him.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 34220 times

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 27th, '05, 05:40

mines was Autumn Tale and Loving you for kdramas o and Meteor Garden got me into tw dramas....jdramas was HEro and Iceworld and Beautiful Life

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Jan 27th, '05, 08:54

Full House. Gotta love Song Hye Kyo and Bi together. I think the fact that this was the first drama that I ever saw and that it was so good is the reason why it's my favorite. Otherwise, other dramas like Sweet18 might've taken over, but I still love them.

abzlykewhoa

Post by abzlykewhoa » Jan 27th, '05, 21:00

WINTER SONATA.. is my first, heard frum a friend it was good... so i got it frum here.. hehe.. thanx to d-addicts!!!!

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jan 27th, '05, 21:26

the first drama i ever saw was this chinese one that i think was called Road of Heroes. Of course it was VN dubbed so I'm not so sure about the title. It was sorta fun to watch but the first one I watched that got me really interested in dramas was Gokusen and I only watched it because I like the manga! ^^

mt877

Post by mt877 » Jan 27th, '05, 22:38

The first jdrama I watched was Love Generation. The story was very good, the love/hate/love relationship between
Takuya and Matsu kept me glued to the tv screen. Ok, I admit it... I really thought (the young) Matsu Takako was
(and still is) quite attractive.

Mythical Child

Post by Mythical Child » Jan 29th, '05, 05:18

The first and completed drama I saw was "Autumn In My Heart"! >0<

I didn't want to watch it at first because I knew all the tears and dramas, but once I sat down and really watched it, I was just caught up in the moment, you know? ^^

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Jan 29th, '05, 07:05

Love Letter, man is that series good or what....!! Yeah it made me cry, several time actually, lol. and Im a grown ass man. I liked the story, but most of all the lesson it taught me is the importantace of family, and how we all take it for granted. So take your mom out to dinner once in a while, becuz she wont be there always.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jan 29th, '05, 08:29

Winter Sonata - that'll always be my favorite no matter what. :wub:

AggieDawg

Post by AggieDawg » Jan 29th, '05, 08:35

all about eve! :D

karenly

Post by karenly » Jan 29th, '05, 22:43

THE FOUR SISTERS!!.. chae rim is soo pretty and Han Jae Suk looked so cute.!!

kenhcwoo

Post by kenhcwoo » Jan 30th, '05, 05:30

hehe first post.. hmm.. the first drama ever.. i dun remember the name.. and i dun remember if it's korean or japanese.. but it's about this reallie big family, without parents and there's lots of siblings living in one house.. i reallie liked it and it's wat caused me to like dramas.. haha.. does anyone have a clue to wat im talking about..

i think the name was something like.. under one roof?? or something.. dun remember

jyoji

Post by jyoji » Jan 30th, '05, 07:45

First K-drama i watched was autumn's tale, wasn't really impress with all the cryings although won bin is a cutie :wub: Decided to give kdrama another try on All about Eve, and that's my hook on kdrama!! :-)

Jap_Man

So.. What was your first J-Drama??

Post by Jap_Man » Jan 30th, '05, 09:08

The first drama i watched was Orange Days
So that means, it was last year that i started to watch j-drama
Before never knew it was this good :w00t:
So... What was your first J-Drama??

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jan 30th, '05, 09:16

I have a terrible memory, but it's one of the following:
Love & Peace
To Heart
Forbidden Love

I'm thinking it was Love & Peace tho...hahaha, i still have the theme song i d/l of napster way back when...

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jan 30th, '05, 09:19

many people seem to have to same dramas as their first...
Last edited by hacksign on Nov 10th, '06, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Jan 30th, '05, 09:50

Luckily i can remember coz i've just started gathering my own drama collection but the first one i saw was GTO from a friend...my first true j-drama that i DLed myself was HERO

antabaka

Post by antabaka » Jan 30th, '05, 10:08

First jdorama i watched was blue bird.
it was way way back when it aired on KSCI
couln't get wandering destiny out of my mind for week...

first jdorama i downloaded has to be gto
which led me here...

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jan 30th, '05, 10:10

Either From the Heart or Otousan, I forget which.

angel_no.520

Post by angel_no.520 » Jan 30th, '05, 11:38

I think the first J-Drama I saw was Virgin Road.
My cousin was watching it...so I tagged along.
It was for 5 or 6 years ago....

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Jan 30th, '05, 18:08

My first jdrama was Beautiful Life.
I liked it a lot. I decided that jdrama was cool before I finished watching the first episode. I used to be addicted to anime. I don't watch anime that much these days. I still like it, but jdrama has taken over! :lol

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Jan 30th, '05, 18:15

hmmm my first j drama was either heaven's coin or Itazura na Kiss. i forget which one i watched first(almost 10 yrs ago). aah brings back some good memories. :D

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 30th, '05, 18:17

I believe this question has been asked numerous times previously. Perhaps there should be one of these threads "stickied" at the top of the Japanese Entertianment section.

Mine was Our House (a/k/a Under The Same Roof). It absolutely defines what a good j-drama is all about.

tejizo

Post by tejizo » Jan 30th, '05, 18:23

Mine was Love is a wonderful thing, don't know if any of you have heard it before. Not many people have watched it.
Miho Nakayama was in it, and she was only 20 there, really pretty. Not to mention that the drama itself was good too.

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Jan 30th, '05, 18:33

Moved, merged and renamed the thread and made it sticky

and the first drama I ever watched was With Love on TV in 98, and the first ever downloaded Inpector Mariko season 1

izumi*jin

Post by izumi*jin » Feb 1st, '05, 04:20

first dorama i watched was kimi wa petto :] which to me was a good choice bc then that got me hooked~ first dorama i downloaded was koukou kyoushi :3 which just got me hooked even more lol

Kieu_d

Post by Kieu_d » Feb 1st, '05, 18:26

My first Kdrama was "We're dating now" With Chaerim and So ji sup.
I've seen HKdrama since I was little, so it was really weird when my mom rent the drama. At first I thought it was a Jdrama cause the traditions and culture looked so similar to Korea. But I really liked the series, and thought it was pretty funny. But when my mom said it was a korean drama, I couldn't believe it :O , cause at that time i didn't know that kdramas existed. At that time I wanted more, and after when I saw All in, I was hooked by kdramas. :w00t: Hehe

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Feb 1st, '05, 19:03

hmm my first jdorama was Sailor Moon Live Action (btw. can you classify it to jdorama, because it is a anime-based thingy?).. ok I was just curious about this series, because when I was little, I and I think many others, were possessed with Sailor Moon :D Ok, watched the series .. and then went back to my animes 8)
then came the anime Gokusen... and then I had to watch jdorama Gokusen.. although I have watched only 5 episodes, I love it :)
So, next stop was Kimi wa petto (ofcourse because of Jun Matsumoto) and then came this site called www.d-addicts.com :P

here i am now, writing this message to you 8)

crystalise

Post by crystalise » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

All About Eve was the first K-Drama I watched. Totally hooked up and started to look for other K-Drama since then.

Smith555

Post by Smith555 » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

Long vacation was the first drama i watched
and it got me hooked on drama
such a good drama :-)

Bk_forever

Post by Bk_forever » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

my first ever drama was summer snow
and was very very sad cried a lot in the end
did not expect that... :cry:

meow_meow

Post by meow_meow » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

~Heaven's Coin II~
It was so long ago :P but the drama was great.