Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

D-Addicts being targeted?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Jenka

D-Addicts being targeted?

Post by Jenka » Jul 30th, '14, 16:14

Hi, haven't been here in a while. Been hearing (reading on the internet) that the Japanese government is starting an anti piracy operation next month and the most recent thread I've read has D-Addict listed as one of its targeted Torrent sites. Does anyone here know about this? I hope this place survives whatever is going to happen. It would be a shame for many of any of my favorite websites to be shut down. :-(

https://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/195 ... nth/page-2

VampireXxX

Post by VampireXxX » Jul 30th, '14, 16:54

darn that bad news :pale:

but why they target d-addicts when they launch anti piracy anime and manga campaign? :glare:

we don't have anime and manga here....we are dorama addicts :mrgreen:

really hope d-addicts can survive this :pray:

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 30th, '14, 17:03

D-Addicts no longer has it's own tracker.

In cases where there's a request of taking down a drama. The torrent(s) in question will be deleted.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 30th, '14, 17:21

VampireXxX wrote: but why they target d-addicts when they launch anti piracy anime and manga campaign? :glare:

we don't have anime and manga here....we are dorama addicts :mrgreen:
Even though we have no actual anime or manga titles here, there are a number of dramas based off them. The original copyright holders hold claim to all forms of media for those works. From what I little I have read there appears to not be any direct threat to dramas overall, even though a number of these rights companies also represent the drama production companies.

Here is a link to the press release regarding the operaton. D-Addicts is specifically listed on page 17 in the list of torrent sites to be targeted. If anyone who is fluent in Japanese can look over it and offer any more information we all would appreciate it.
http://www.meti.go.jp/policy/mono_info_ ... 140414.pdf

xxDaviexx

Rumors About D-Addicts Closing Down

Post by xxDaviexx » Aug 1st, '14, 07:28

Hey there! I did not know where to pose this topic, so I thought that "General Discussions" would be the most appropriate space to post in. A few minutes ago, my baby sister told me that she read that D-Addicts was going to be forced to close down by the Japanese government. How true are these rumors?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Re: Rumors About D-Addicts Closing Down

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 1st, '14, 09:37

xxDaviexx wrote:Hey there! I did not know where to pose this topic, so I thought that "General Discussions" would be the most appropriate space to post in. A few minutes ago, my baby sister told me that she read that D-Addicts was going to be forced to close down by the Japanese government. How true are these rumors?
I have merged your topic with an existing one.

This operation seems to mostly target manga and anime sites. But D-Addicts is listed as well, among many other sites. Such as isoHunt (doesn't exist anymore) and MegaUpload (doesn't exist either, goes under the name Mega nowadays.)

We've seen this before with the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA. I wouldn't get in such a panic over it.

Being asked to take down a couple of torrents. (because some dramas are based on manga) Yes, maybe. Shutting down completely, don't think so.

This is what it's about.
METI to Start the First Cross-Industry Anti-Piracy Measures for Manga and Anime

And see this PDF document (D-Addicts listed on pg 17) (English translation is welcome.)
http://www.meti.go.jp/policy/mono_info_ ... 140414.pdf
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Aug 2nd, '14, 09:45, edited 2 times in total.

xxDaviexx

Post by xxDaviexx » Aug 2nd, '14, 06:19

Keiko, thank you very much for this relevant information! I truly hope nothing serious happens to D-Addicts because of these government measures. This forum is the greatest place to enjoy Asian entertainment for all of us who cannot get to enjoy it locally. I will certainly keep up to date regarding this topic. You have my entire support.

Oroko

Post by Oroko » Aug 2nd, '14, 16:47

Ahhhhh, I was so worried about this. Just read about it this morning. Sadly, it also targets the sites where a lot of people get their fix too.

Bleh, such an archaic way to handle things.

But come to think of it, aren't a lot of dramas based off of manga? Even something like Arakawa Under the Bridge was based off of a manga. I could picture getting a lot of take down requests.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 2nd, '14, 17:33

Oroko wrote:But come to think of it, aren't a lot of dramas based off of manga? Even something like Arakawa Under the Bridge was based off of a manga. I could picture getting a lot of take down requests.
Yes, there are quite many dramas based on mangas. But we don't know for sure what will happen. All we can do and wait and see.

I'm sure the admin Ruroshin will let us know if something happens.
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Aug 9th, '14, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

ShiiinHee

Post by ShiiinHee » Aug 2nd, '14, 18:02

Hey there
If i may give my opinion, i see there's also a lot of major websites such as Youtube, Dailymotion, Wat.tv listed in there..
Now, it's not like i'm fluent in Japanese but i don't think they can just shut them down..i most likely agree with Keiko, if they do something, it'll certainly be about taking off some mangas or dramas based on these :/

Orandajin

Post by Orandajin » Aug 9th, '14, 13:36

Sooner or later there will come laws and an enforcement agency taking out everything illegal. The only thing standing in the way is that it's not easy taking certain website down because we still have certain boundaries in the world. If the US, EU and Japan lift there boundaries it could be the end of free internet and back to paying for your entertainment, even if it's crap.

forweg

Post by forweg » Aug 9th, '14, 15:11

Blame the ignorant otaku nerds who download gigs and gigs of crap and don't spend a dime to support the creators of the crap they download.

Seriously, it is entirely their fault.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 18th, '14, 11:58

kensuke

Post by kensuke » Aug 21st, '14, 04:23

complicated issue, if there's no d-addicts how we're going to watch our drama?

they dont make their content readily available for us. or they dont want foreigner to watch?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 3rd, '14, 18:43

http://www.nyaa.eu/ appears to be down. From what I've seen on Twitter, it's been down for a while, but I don't know for how long, or if it's related to METI.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 3rd, '14, 19:23

Keiko1981 wrote:http://www.nyaa.eu/ appears to be down. From what I've seen on Twitter, it's been down for a while, but I don't know for how long, or if it's related to METI.
Nyaa, HorribleSubs, AnimeTake, and a few others that I've seen. While it may not be the companies themselves, it seems a bit too coincidental that all those groups/sites were named in the anti-piracy operaion.

Edit: So, I guess all those sites use the same hosting provider. Maybe not so sinister as I first thought. :unsure:

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Sep 4th, '14, 09:02

Keiko1981 wrote:http://www.nyaa.eu/ appears to be down.
Looks like it may be gone for good. I was getting worried I can't get to download my fav Anime...

Now it seems some are upping magnet links so nyaa may not be necessary. Phew....saved!! :cheers:

Update: Looks like I spoke too soon. Nyaa is back!! :thumright: