Jdrama Fansub Map?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
dhisashi
United States of America

Jdrama Fansub Map?

Post by dhisashi » Nov 28th, '14, 21:58

It looks like this is still being maintained. It becomes more important to me now that the Torrent section here has been shut down.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map

By finding out which dramas are being subbed (or plan on being subbed) I can limit my search to just those titles. When D-A had torrents I would download some titles that were not currently being subbed and hope that someone would sub them at a later date. But now just finding RAW is difficult.

I guess my question is "Will this continue to be updated?".

:-)

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Nov 28th, '14, 22:02

Let's hope it'll still be maintened. +1

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Nov 28th, '14, 23:33

As long as members continue to update the JDrama Fansub map, then there is no reason to get rid of it.

There are way more members actively updating the JDrama Fansub map, in comparison to the KDrama and CDrama ones.

I'm still in the process of fixing up the archived comment section, since I noticed there were a few threads that should really be moved over to the subtitle thread, which can then be added to the fansub map at a later stage. If someone can help me add these entries to the fansub map (listing it under my wiki user page at present), it would be much appreciated.

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Nov 29th, '14, 00:16

i really love it even google cant find some subtitle that have in fansub map

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Nov 29th, '14, 02:52

huyie wrote:As long as members continue to update the JDrama Fansub map, then there is no reason to get rid of it.
I don't want to get rid of it. I really want it to continue.

How is it updated?
I'm still in the process of fixing up the archived comment section, since I noticed there were a few threads that should really be moved over to the subtitle thread, which can then be added to the fansub map at a later stage. If someone can help me add these entries to the fansub map (listing it under my wiki user page at present), it would be much appreciated.
I do not understand what you are asking. I guess because I do not know how the fansb map is kept updated. I am willing to help but I need to be taught what to do.

:scratch:

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Nov 29th, '14, 03:18

The stuff needing entries are listed on my to do list: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/User:Huyie/todo_list
e.g. My Little Chef

The structure of the fansub map is usually as follows (for those that have Ep. listed in the header)

|-
|Jul 10
|TBS
|[[Dramawiki:My Little Chef|My Little Chef]]
|'''([http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_22364.htm Soft])''' Kukuri (complete)
|

In this case, you need to click the edit button for http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... nd_Earlier and add the relevant data.

The first line below the |- is for the date
The second line after the pipe (|) is for the number of episodes
The third line is the TV network
The fourth line is the name of the drama, and the [[Dramawiki: is to link it to the dramawiki page
The fifth line is to link it to the English subtitles, needing to be in between the [ ]
The sixth line is to link it to the Non-English subtitles
Their may by an additional line for the 'Sub Handler', so just check the header, and add an extra pipe (|) if this is the case.

Just make sure to follow the order from the header, which will tell you want it suppose to go after each pipe, and what information is required.
e.g. (Air time Ch Title English subs Non-English subs Japanese subs handler)
so if there is no Episode (Ep) in the header, then you won't need to add the episode number after a pipe.

If it needs to be color coded, use |- bgcolor="#C0FFC0" for the first line

Don't worry if you make a mistake, as someone will probably spot it and fix it accordingly at a later stage.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Nov 29th, '14, 06:11

Sorry. I am not sure what to do with your Do List.

I did make some changes to the later 2014 pages.

I added a link to Heiwa's subs for Sakura.

I changed in progress to completed after I checked the link to insure that the subs were in fact complete.

I was not aware that anyone could update the Fansub Map.

:scratch:

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Nov 29th, '14, 07:06

The other thing that you could do, is just add a comment in the relevant discussion tab page, if you spot something missing, that way someone will noticed it, and edit the entry accordingly.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Nov 29th, '14, 15:48

huyie wrote:The other thing that you could do, is just add a comment in the relevant discussion tab page, if you spot something missing, that way someone will noticed it, and edit the entry accordingly.
Okay. Thank you. Since it is Winter now and I have long been retired I can spend some time to help out by doing this.

I believe that the Fansub Maps are a great help. At least I go there to see which dramas are being subbed. Then I try to find the RAW. I also appreciate the work that others do in locating English subs that are from Live Journal and other places not just here on D-Addicts.

:salut: