What's with all the dead links on this site?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
kyoto_kinniku

What's with all the dead links on this site?

Post by kyoto_kinniku » Feb 19th, '17, 03:48

I just joined and I really don't understand what's going on here. Everything I look up seems totally dead. I'm looking for Japanese subtitled dramas to practice listening. All the subtitle files work great but the drama torrents are either 100% leechers or just non-existent.

Here's an example. I don't even see where the torrent link is, even though everyone is commenting on it. http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99357

I tried Bull Doctor, Asuko March, and Akumu Chan and couldn't get any of them.

Am I missing something here? Unless these are hosted somewhere else I really don't get what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Re: What's with all the dead links on this site?

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Feb 19th, '17, 05:41

In the past this forum was also a torrent site, containing a torrent section. This torrent section had a box above the posts, that contained the torrent information, like link, seek and leech counts, etc...
The tracker has been closed, and the torrent section renamed to "archived comments", and the torrent box removed.

See: Closing down the torrent section

kyoto_kinniku

Post by kyoto_kinniku » Mar 6th, '17, 16:58

UsagiYojimbo wrote:In the past this forum was also a torrent site, containing a torrent section. This torrent section had a box above the posts, that contained the torrent information, like link, seek and leech counts, etc...
The tracker has been closed, and the torrent section renamed to "archived comments", and the torrent box removed.

See: Closing down the torrent section
That really sucks. I wonder why he did it? Most of us don't have a legal way to access these dramas. The fact that this site had the Japanese subs, for Japanese dramas is a huge bonus. I'm still using those and trying to track down the video files.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Mar 8th, '17, 06:38

kyoto_kinniku wrote:
UsagiYojimbo wrote:The tracker has been closed, and the torrent section renamed to "archived comments", and the torrent box removed.
That really sucks. I wonder why he did it? Most of us don't have a legal way to access these dramas. The fact that this site had the Japanese subs, for Japanese dramas is a huge bonus. I'm still using those and trying to track down the video files.
Visit keiko1981's Links of Interest page trough the top "Links of Interest" link, as it contains a list of Torrent and DDL sites one can get doramas from.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 23rd, '20, 11:41

An updated answer to the question.

* D-Addicts closed its torrent section in November of 2014, there are still links on the forum that point towards that.
* The forum changed URL structure in September of 2018. Therefore linked subtitles (not attachments) will appear as broken links. This can however (for the most part) be fixed when needed, but going through the entire forum would be a never-ending task.

Hope that clarify things for you.