Question about the Old Torrent Section (Just Curious)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Question about the Old Torrent Section (Just Curious)

Post by Madoka » May 12th, '18, 19:35

I know I'm asking about a defunct section, but I've been trying to remember, but I can't.

IIRC, the old torrent section linked to 2 external torrent sites, like torcache, and a magnet link.

Did the torrent section have an RSS feed that was customizable, so that I could only filter only the Japanese dramas? And then could I use this feed in an RSS downloader like in uTorrent to automatically get the files? I'm not sure how uTorrent would handle the 3 download options. Would it just download from the first link? (For those that got it to work.)

fobdstn

Re: Question about the Old Torrent Section (Just Curious)

Post by fobdstn » May 12th, '18, 22:22

There were 4 links next to each upload. 3 of them went to external torrent caching sites. Those sites were zoink.it, torcache.net and torrage.com. The 4th link was the magnet. The torrents section had previously been renamed from Torrents to Dramas.

The RSS feed did not pass the magnet link thru, but it did give you the hash so it was easy to make your own.

http://curtain-raiser.rssing.com/chan-1 ... _p438.html

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 12th, '18, 22:34

And if you only got the hash of an torrent.
Add hash, copy URL, and "Add from URL..." in your client.

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:HASH-HERE
And list of working trackers. https://newtrackon.com/list

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Madoka » May 13th, '18, 19:29

Thank you for your replies.

I recently changed from uTorrent 2.2.1 to qBittorrent. The qB RSS feed/downloader seems a bit more intuitive than that presented in the older uTorrent. I vaguely remember messing with it some, but not getting the automatic downloads to work in uT. I got qB working with Nyaa which got me wondering if it would have worked with the old torrent section here. It sounds like qB wouldn't automatically download and start as DA didn't pass the magnet through. JDC wouldn't have worked for me either as the new torrents were always a batch. Technically, it would have been harder to use automatic downloads before as my internet connection sucked then, and I needed to have more control over my bandwidth.