Which Asian Country Has the BEST LOOKING MEN??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

KOREA
37%
JAPAN
20%
CHINA (includes HK & TW)
13%
SOUTH-EAST ASIA
7%
ASIAN MEN ARE A TURN-OFF!! EWWW
4%
THEY ALL R GOOD LOOKING!! CANT DECIDE!!
19%

Total votes: 354

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Aug 18th, '05, 15:35

after watchin all these Korean, Japanese & Chinese Series & movies i can't not help it but compare the men. i wanted to see which country has the do you think has the best looking men!!
... personally i think korean men are VERY GOOD LOOKING! Like Won Bin, Kwon Sang Woo, Bi, Song Seung Heon, Kim Rae Won, So Ji Sub, MInwoo, Junjin, Se7en & so on....

well i just wanted to know what nationality you think breeds the best looking men??? PERSONALLY KOREAN 4 ME

Image[/list]

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 18th, '05, 16:06

You posted my baby as an example. :wub: wonbin :wub: Good taste...

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Aug 18th, '05, 16:10

won bin is my HUBBY!!!! =)~ he is SOOO HOT!!! he is the hottest KOREAN male!!!!! =P~
HOT HOT HOT!!!!

babybeck
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by babybeck » Aug 18th, '05, 16:28

I pick Korea, celebrity-wise only.
The korean entertainment knows how to promote their stars and MAKE them look good.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 18th, '05, 16:55

there are ugly men in japan
there are good looking men in japan

there are ugly men in korea
there are good looking men in korea

there are ugly men in china
there are good looking men in china

i dont like these threads, and i know that i dont have to read them, but anyway :P

kinki

Post by kinki » Aug 18th, '05, 17:21

first of all, how do you decide which country in Asia has the best looking men?
did you personaly went to Japan? korea? china? etc etc?
or you just watch some actors in some dramas and decided that Korean men are the best looking guys in Asia??
its redicelous! TV and Movie actors HAVE to be handsome, else they wouldnt be chosen to act in a drama or a movie!
those people in front of cameras have to put on some make -up, some of them even go to the extreme by having plastic surgeries to look good!
watching people on screen is not a good indicator that a certain country has best looking men!!

i went to Japan, and saw many handsome NORMAL guys in the street, also i saw some really ugly looking Japanese!

i watch Korean dramas and i think Korean actors are HOT, but would i come and say that Korean men are handsome?....NO!! 8)

anyway, i think this thread should change into, which country in Asia have the best looking actors and singers, then i will answer KOREA!

hope you wont get angry at what i said here!

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 18th, '05, 17:30

"first of all, how do you decide which country in Asia has the best looking men?
did you personaly went to Japan? korea? china? etc etc?
or you just watch some actors in some dramas and decided that Korean men are the best looking guys in Asia??
its redicelous! TV and Movie actors HAVE to be handsome, else they wouldnt be chosen to act in a drama or a movie!
those people in front of cameras have to put on some make -up, some of them even go to the extreme by having plastic surgeries to look good!
watching people on screen is not a good indicator that a certain country has best looking men!! "

Well, with that said doesnt mean that there are no good lookers on the streets - in real life, im sure you would catch really many if you walked around some crowded city in japan, probably too many for you too handle ;) The same goes to korea, a friend went there last year and she showed pictures of really good looking normal people. Well well, we are talking about such a vast subject, its hilarious to even try to judge :D haha when you think about it

Edit: Ah, you updated, well i wrote withouth knowing that, just so you know :-)
Last edited by Romance on Aug 18th, '05, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 18th, '05, 17:31

chinese guys are CUTE and HANDSOME.

korean guys are HOT.

japanese guys are CUTE.

so naturally, i picked chinese guys 8)

osora

Post by osora » Aug 18th, '05, 17:43

i think it depends on what you are looking for in a guy. so i said they're all hot.

:lol

Lim_Chori

Post by Lim_Chori » Aug 18th, '05, 17:51

yes, they're all hot! =D No real reasoning, just perception and experience really. ^^

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Aug 18th, '05, 18:11

outside of euraasian mixes and such, i don't think you people realize how much overlap there is - lots of korean guys can look japanese and chinese etc, and vice versa, and moreover some people would argue that all "asians" look alike. so you guys are only talking about particular celebs.

but i personally think actors like taiwanese/japanese star takeshi kaneshiro is one of the most handsome guys on screen. korean guys are not bad too. 8)

these threads are always flaim baits though. tsk tsk.
Attachments
jo yeon woo
jo yeon woo
joyunwoo.jpg (43.22 KiB) Viewed 16727 times
bae yong joon
bae yong joon
poster1.jpg (61.52 KiB) Viewed 16728 times
ken oak
ken oak
constellationstudios.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 16728 times
lee joon gi
lee joon gi
f0d04c4a.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 16730 times

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Aug 18th, '05, 18:16

well... i wouldn't narrow it down to just one country having the best looking men overall... rather subjective question, i know.

however, i will say that i think Korean celebs (excluding most popstars... most of the guys are too... girly/feminine for my taste), and especially male actors super hot!!! on the other hand, many of the women look unnaturally plastic...

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Aug 18th, '05, 18:30

I say good looking men could be anywhere, but probably more in Korea because they do more surgeries.

JackJ

Post by JackJ » Aug 18th, '05, 20:07

rainidy wrote:I say good looking men could be anywhere, but probably more in Korea because they do more surgeries.
haha. really? the guys get plastic surgery too? I always just associated plastic surgery with girls, but now that i come to think about it, its not suprising for men to get surgery nowadays. i guess i was just too naive...hehe..damn them...now i gotta go win the lottery and get some plastic surgery so i can be hot like those korean guys too... :w00t:

kaotic

Post by kaotic » Aug 18th, '05, 20:12

Hmm.. I think Korea... (ON TV!)
*lol* When I see a really cute asian
guy on the street he always turns out
to be Japanese. While the Korean
ones I meet are not as good looking
as they suppostly are on Tv. *lol* :P (makes since?)

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 18th, '05, 20:23

All asians *definitely* don't all look alike. Like in Europe, there is different builds, face structures etc. I've noticed Korean women tend to look unique. And its not just in dramas, cause I know a couple. 3 out of 4 times you can tell they are Korean, whereas the men can sometimes appear Japanese or Chinese, and vice versa. The same could be said for many European countries. BUT, with closer study, you begin to see little differences in appearane. I'm not really talking about colour of hair, but moreso facial features.

And ofcourse, you can't always be sure, so just wait til they open their mouths :P

GeriBerrie

Post by GeriBerrie » Aug 18th, '05, 20:26

Face: taiwan, hong kong, & japan
Body: korea, taiwan

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 18th, '05, 20:32

i dunno, i seem to be able to find extreme hotness in all mentioned nationalities. :lol so i really can't say that i'd favor a particular one.
so many droolworthy men, none of them in my zipcode. :glare:
maybe time to take a tour of asian countries and kidnap a few. :P

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 18th, '05, 21:34

Tsk tsk ;) :D

usagi1997

Post by usagi1997 » Aug 18th, '05, 21:58

Hm...you maybe all right about hot mens in TV but IMHO most of korean movies and shows have a bunch of them and japanese rarely have one :P.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 18th, '05, 22:03

rainidy wrote:I say good looking men could be anywhere, but probably more in Korea because they do more surgeries.
more surgeries in usa for example.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 18th, '05, 22:11

Yet USA ones still look ugly even after said surgery :P

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Aug 18th, '05, 22:22

I would say China mostly Taiwan right now - and mostly because I'm thinking about the F4 guys...lol...who I think are the best looking asian male celebs (besides Takeshi Kaneshiro)

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Aug 18th, '05, 22:42

JackJ wrote:
haha. really? the guys get plastic surgery too? I always just associated plastic surgery with girls, but now that i come to think about it, its not suprising for men to get surgery nowadays. i guess i was just too naive...hehe..damn them...now i gotta go win the lottery and get some plastic surgery so i can be hot like those korean guys too... :w00t:
No, I think both guys and girls do surgeries in Korea because that's their trend or culture.
Yet USA ones still look ugly even after said surgery
haha :D No, I still notice cute ones.

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Aug 18th, '05, 22:48

sumtimes i cant even tell the difference,even i just get branded as 'oriental'
but i notice filipino guys generally catch my attention most its also prob the only 'asian' i havnt been mistaken for ^^;

i find alot of asian guys hav pretty faces anyway so its just too hard to choose >_<

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Aug 18th, '05, 22:54

nezumi wrote:sumtimes i cant even tell the difference,even i just get branded as 'oriental'

i find alot of asian guys hav pretty faces anyway so its just too hard to choose >_<
Me too! There are quite a number of times I can't tell the difference at all. I know I just get branded as Asian...one of my profs thought I was korean the entire semester until I corrected him. And I've been mistaken as japanese as well (or people will just ask me if I'm chinese or japanese) but never filipino or vietnamnese.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 18th, '05, 22:56

*POUNCES on nezumi*

so happy to see you here!!!!!!! :wub: *claps* sorry, :offtopic:

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Aug 18th, '05, 23:18

GhstDreamer wrote:Me too! There are quite a number of times I can't tell the difference at all. I know I just get branded as Asian...one of my profs thought I was korean the entire semester until I corrected him. And I've been mistaken as japanese as well (or people will just ask me if I'm chinese or japanese) but never filipino or vietnamnese.
im always mistaken for chinese, recently ppl think im korean, wen i was travelling in thailand, it was easily to pass for thai as there are sooo many variations but this one korean traveller was soooo certain i was korean, is was scary since she even asked me for my passport :unsure: i even passed as bengali once strangely enough

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Aug 18th, '05, 23:21

ironicwave wrote:*POUNCES on nezumi*

so happy to see you here!!!!!!! :wub: *claps* sorry, :offtopic:
*squished* nice to see u too :D

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Aug 19th, '05, 00:22

sometimes i cnt tell da difference between dem.......since they all knda look alike.. but i prefer korean and chinese men

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 19th, '05, 05:12

So maybe they do more surgery because they are more ugly than anywhere else? no? :D
People who have plastic surgery allways look a little strange. Beauty is only natural! :P

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Aug 19th, '05, 07:11

20centuryboy wrote:
So maybe they do more surgery because they are more ugly than anywhere else? no? :D
NO.

Take Shin HyeSeong of Shinhwa. He had eye lid surgery some time maybe a year ago. I think he looks weird with it and prefer his look without the crease in his eye. But either way he's a good looking chap and actually it's not big a deal. The same actually holds true for Takeshi Kaneshiro who also had eyelid surgery perhaps a year or two ago. I can name a quite few J male celebs who might have gotten something done yet people aren't mentioning Japan and "surgery" in a sentence together every other post, now do they? Even though stats show that Japan has more surgeries per year per capita. Why is that?

It's true plastic surgery is mainstream culture and gossip in Korea but this doesn't mean everyone's getting it -- especially the guys. Very very few guys get it. And only a very small percentage of male celebs have had anything done. Unfortunately the internet works this way: Some guy states something, another guy believes what he reads, states something to indiscriminating other guy who believes what he reads, etc.. There's no critical reasoning there.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 19th, '05, 09:16

waitaminit. why the heck am i IN this thread??!? :blink

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 19th, '05, 09:38

PJB wrote:Yet USA ones still look ugly even after said surgery :P

buahahaha, if not worse. :fight: XD

facial surgery would have to be scary, i couldn't even imagine waking up and not looking like myself. :crazy: freaky.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 19th, '05, 10:24

The telltale sign. THey try to smile! Streeetchh

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 19th, '05, 10:45

:lol oh, no!

i personally don't care if people have plastic surgery, whatever makes them feel good.
on a related issue, i'm sitting here LMAO cause i just now noticed that google ads always picks up on the current topic. i'm now looking at ads for eye lid lift, eye lid surgery, artificial eyes, etc.
XD sorry, but that is just too hilarious.

azra

Post by azra » Aug 19th, '05, 11:12

Have any of you seen any Philipines drama before? Maybe some of you have. Their actor and actresses are much much more better looking than any Korean or Japanese or Chinese stars.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 19th, '05, 11:15

zdoon wrote: The same actually holds true for Takeshi Kaneshiro who also had eyelid surgery perhaps a year or two ago..
Kitano? Didn't he had massiv facial surgery after a major bike accident?

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Aug 19th, '05, 11:45

I voted koeran :D
They have "substance", more muscles...
well, "older" japanese actors like Sorimachi Takeshi have too hot bishi! *drools*
So next come japanese because they are just too cute while young and getting hotter with age ^_^

Based my oppinion on dorama actors though... There are good and bad looking people everywhere and I for sure could'nt tell a person's nationality just by looks alone...

usagi1997

Post by usagi1997 » Aug 19th, '05, 11:57

I voted koeran
They have "substance", more muscles...
well, "older" japanese actors like Sorimachi Takeshi have too hot bishi! *drools*
So next come japanese because they are just too cute while young and getting hotter with age ^_^

Based my oppinion on dorama actors though... There are good and bad looking people everywhere and I for sure could'nt tell a person's nationality just by looks alone...

Agree. I love that kind of men with wide shoulders and big hands :wub: and japanese guys hardly have it.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 19th, '05, 11:59

celebrities have to look good, so i think using them as a basis to measure the looks of a whole nation or a whole region is not a good idea. :-( but taking a plastic surgey? damn it's not a good idea, but then again, some are born to be a star and some are born to do plasctic surgery and be a star. :P

a perfect example:

Image Image

aznkiddo_416

Post by aznkiddo_416 » Aug 21st, '05, 03:53

sooner or later, they're all gonna look like *michael jackson.. lol.. :lol (*looks like an alien, another life form.. :mrgreen: )

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Aug 21st, '05, 03:57

I think each country has so many handsome guys it's impossible to decide. Now that you've factored in surgeries I have to second guess these celebs and include normal people. Each country have their uniqueness that I find attractive in their own right. These polls are always difficult because of stereotyping. So let's do that. Koreans are square headed and look sick (not healthy). Japanese are small in stature and look feminine. Chinese are somewhere in between or somewhere else totally different. Maybe you already have favorite actors from one country but what if those few guys are the only good looking ones in the entire nation? I vote all look good since they all look better than me.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 21st, '05, 07:37

Asian men are a turn-off. Eeeeewwww!!!!!!!

(then again, black, white, latino, and mixed guys don't do anything for me either.....)

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 21st, '05, 16:16

aNToK wrote:Asian men are a turn-off. Eeeeewwww!!!!!!!

(then again, black, white, latino, and mixed guys don't do anything for me either.....)
it's not that i'm taking that as an insult, but why are we turning you off? :-)

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 21st, '05, 16:26

I don't want to stereotype, so I'm not going to vote on the poll. BUT I just wanna mention that the hottest male ever to roam this earth happens to come from Japan :mrgreen:

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Aug 21st, '05, 16:46

tikleabubble wrote:I don't want to stereotype, so I'm not going to vote on the poll. BUT I just wanna mention that the hottest male ever to roam this earth happens to come from Japan :mrgreen:
Who's that? >.>

Chinese, Korean, and Japanese are so mixed now though. Yeah, I admit I can tell them apart, but still... I think for the population majority-wise, Korea has the hottest, but simultaneously fobbiest men :P

On a side note, my mom told me when she was in middle or high school, her history class had "proof" that the ancient Japanese were very dark-skinned (almost red) and extremely hairy, most likely descendants of the red monkeys they have exclusively in Japan.

calla9

Post by calla9 » Aug 21st, '05, 17:08

uhm, don't forget TV is not realist... they used lots of makeup even on MEN too

Also, don't forget Korea is good in plastic surgey. And in Movies, they make sure the hair and makeup are perfect before filming it. And cut off all the scense that can mess up the characters' image. So i cant vote on this one....

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 21st, '05, 17:08

bugsie wrote:

Because I love women!!!!! :P

(I'm a dude, in case you're wondering...)

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 21st, '05, 17:13

aNToK wrote:
bugsie wrote:

Because I love women!!!!! :P

(I'm a dude, in case you're wondering...)
LOL :lol

i didn't realized that earlier. that was something. :lol

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 21st, '05, 17:37

lol than us guys need our own poll on which asian country has the best looking women :) Its so hard to decide though LOL.

I used to go on about asian women to my best friend and he always said they were ugly... Well guess what his girlfriend is... That bastard he's so lucky!! I want to invent a time machine or well at least a machine that makes me 5 years younger and go back to high school since my city has had a big asian boom and they go to a catholic school by my old school... Damnit why did they have to show up after I left!!!!!!

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:02

i think corean people are more sexy and above tall!!! for instance i'm 1,70m and 1,75 with shoes, so i prefer korean people, they have muscle and something in their eyes
but japanese men have a lot of charme but they are more slim
and chinese people are to small sorry for you guys :P
so for a girl i think the choice it's for korean guys like won bin or the actors "in what happened in bali" , or guy like "old boy" ( the old actor and the young )

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 21st, '05, 18:17

I'm for japanese guys all the way. Judging from those I've seen on the streets:
- most chinese boys doesnt care much about their looks so other than the idols, the ordinary chinese boys arent good looking
- Coreen guys are a bit better but they are more traditional, ordinary boys-style........a bit boring
- Japanese boys are on the other hand fixed from top to toe. From the hairstyle to the right looking matching shoes. The way you see the idols - the ordinary japanese guy looks like that too but less hot.

Here's is one of the japanese boys I met there:

Have you ever seen a guy picking up a pink mirror and fix his hair so naturally in public?

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:20

i'm aggree with you but japan men are more androgyne and look like more like girl than viril men
so i prefer the body of korean guys

chasty02

Post by chasty02 » Aug 21st, '05, 18:30

Not only one country has the cutest Asian guys...
The hot ones we see are only the ones we see on the screen or in modeling magazines. If we took an average of the whole country of Korea or China...the average male would be decent looking...

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:32

really, have you went to china or korea ?
but for me korean people have something more
and for you chasty02 you prefer japan men?

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 21st, '05, 18:33

hatshepsout wrote:i'm aggree with you but japan men are more androgyne and look like more like girl than viril men
so i prefer the body of korean guys
You shouldnt jugde them and compare to western men, look at japanese men and let that be it ^^ its the same when people say that japanese girls looks young, and references to western girls who look "old". Just accept that it is like that, and forget everything else while focusing on it 8)

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:36

i don't judge them romance, but i constate that japan men are very slim and look like girl
they play with this, it's not a generality but there have a special style

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 21st, '05, 18:43

When I was wandering around in Korea the men had clothes so I couldnt see their body but judging by their apperance they looks pretty ordinary and boring. hatshepsout I think you are judging the guys after what you seen on screen and not the real stuff. I've been to all 3 countries and I've met them and I think japanese guys looks the best and they are so gentleman and kind.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 21st, '05, 18:46

Anyway, here are some street pics of japanese teeenagers i just found, maybe they look girly, i dont know, im not the one to jugde, but myself as a dude, i think they look really cool ^^

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:47

you went to the 3 country you are very lucky
so korean guys are very boring?
but japan men are more shy people, isn't it ?

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Aug 21st, '05, 18:56

shirahime wrote: Judging from those I've seen on the streets:
- most chinese boys doesnt care much about their looks (...)
- Coreen guys are a bit better but they are more traditional, ordinary boys-style....(...)
- Japanese boys are on the other hand fixed from top to toe (..)

Here's is one of the japanese boys I met there:
Have you ever seen a guy picking up a pink mirror and fix his hair so naturally in public?
haha, he sure is funny. And the violet shirt is good looking on him, whereas on most "northwestern" guys it would look... somewhat obsure :mrgreen:

Interesting info about the guys on the streets... erm... mostly the younger guys style themselves, right? So what about the men? I've met some pretty decent looking men from different asian countries although not downright stylish.

Makes you wonder why western girls are attracted to asian guys and asian girls are attracted to western guys
(Yes I know, this is very superficial. But my asian coworker told me, she and all her friends wanted western guys...) *scratches head*

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 21st, '05, 18:57

aisu_kurimu wrote: Who's that? >.>
teehee who else?
aisu_kurimu wrote:Chinese, Korean, and Japanese are so mixed now though. Yeah, I admit I can tell them apart, but still... I think for the population majority-wise, Korea has the hottest, but simultaneously fobbiest men :P
what does "fobbiest" mean? In other words what's a fob? I 4got lol, but yeah other than my tomo-san korean men seem to have the 2nd best bods.
aisu_kurimu wrote: On a side note, my mom told me when she was in middle or high school, her history class had "proof" that the ancient Japanese were very dark-skinned (almost red) and extremely hairy, most likely descendants of the red monkeys they have exclusively in Japan.
lol, descendents of red monkeys, dark and hairy, almost red....your giving me disgusting thoughts lol, but I bet my Tomo-chan descended from the hottest red monkey ever to roam this earth!! mwaharharhar
Attachments
hottest man alive, see no makeup, perfect skin
hottest man alive, see no makeup, perfect skin
nagase10.jpg (25.27 KiB) Viewed 8332 times
so kakkoi, beats all of asia AND eurasia XD
so kakkoi, beats all of asia AND eurasia XD
FINE%2BBOYS%252bPlus%2BHAIR%2B05%28N%29-tomo1107.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 8332 times

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » Aug 21st, '05, 18:58

yes it's true where are the true men !!! not the young and teenager
i want to see true men!!

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 21st, '05, 19:00

"Makes you wonder why western girls are attracted to asian guys and asian girls are attracted to western guys
(Yes I know, this is very superficial. But my asian coworker told me, she and all her friends wanted western guys...) *scratches head*"

Haha, thats a strange one, but again, we cant generelize, ive talked to japanese girls who are totally into japanese boys, ive talked to japanese girls who think everyone here in west looks like beckham ;)
and the same goes for boys, both sides

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 21st, '05, 19:36

Romance, your pictures show exactly what I'm trying to say. The japanese guys are really stylish and really looking good. As for personality the japanese guys still wins coz they are so caring, kind, nice and hilarious. While the Korean guys are more stingy......um how to say it.......they are more proud of themself and a bit arrogant.

candycandy

Post by candycandy » Aug 21st, '05, 19:43

Pls separate HK/Taiwan from Mainland China. The ppl from HK/TW look very very different from those come from Mainland China. How can you merge them together??????

LisZy

Post by LisZy » Aug 22nd, '05, 18:37

Weell, i voted for japanese....

and once again , i know that whatever you voted, it depends on your taste...If you think "good looking" is refer to "hot" man( i mean physically.. :mrgreen: ), then you can choose Korea...Then why japanese guys look skinny...Like in the other thread said that maybe because korea has conscription ...So their body is more buff!! but japanese..they dont have it...But it became their uniqeness... :roll

If you prefer guy with strong jaw, beautiful eyes, sharp nose....and trendy ..for me, it refers to japanese guys....somehow they can be beautiful, but in the other time they can be very handsome.... :lol
For example Hyde or ....Okada Junichi from V6 !! somehow he can be pretty too...but for a man..He's so handsome with beautiful eyes,sharp nose,his jaw!!...ooh .. :wub: and sometimes looks like hispanic for me....its just some of their uniqueness

I just love their eyes, its just very attractive...( i make this conclusion from my experience when i went to japan... :mrgreen:)..I also like chinese guys, but if i have to choose i prefer japanese...

Korean also have this jaw,nose....but somehow it just different...well i also like korean actors such as won bin...

So i have to choose between Rain or Nagase/okada?? i choose nagase/okada...
Rain has this "childish smile" but for me,he's not handsome....(but i still like him..)

Once again this is just my personal opinion....dont take it seriously.... :mrgreen:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Aug 22nd, '05, 19:30

I'm not voting because I haven't seen many Korean and Japanese men and haven't been to either country to see their average person. But...
candycandy wrote:Pls separate HK/Taiwan from Mainland China. The ppl from HK/TW look very very different from those come from Mainland China. How can you merge them together??????
...I'd like to know why you say this. Why can't you merge Chinese people together? We're not talking governments; we're talking genetics and to a good extent, geography. Politics aside, I don't see anything radically wrong with looking at men from these three areas together. I can almost dare to say that the "looks" of HK and Taiwan can all be found somewhere in the Mainland, and vice versa.

Facial features? People from Taiwan may not have any certain "look" because many of them hail from different regions, including the Mainland, but then again, the "average" Mainlander doesn't have any particular "look" either. I find that folks from HK look similar to those from Guangdong Province in the Mainland; I've been to both places. People from the South generally have higher, more defined cheekbones, while people from the North have flatter, wider faces.

Skin tone? This varies too, but in general, Northern Chinese are paler, Southern Chinese are tanner.

Build? Most people in China (all three areas) have average build, not too fat or too skinny, though not very buff overall. I've never seen many football-player builds walking down the street. People of the South seem to be much more petite and slender than the more big-boned Northerners.

Height? Don't think Chinese people as a whole are short. They are not, especially if they're from the Northern Mainland provinces. There's a common saying of "Big guys from Shandong" (a Northern province) that reflects this. Native people from the South tend to be shorter; this includes the Southern Mainland provinces, Taiwan and HK. This difference in heights can be seen from the choice of weapons used in ancient times; the Northern people used longer, heavier weapons, while the Southern people used lighter, shorter ones that fit their physique.

And if you're talking about the newer generation of guys with good nutrition, Chinese guys definitely aren't all short! Most of the Chinese actors from the Mainland and Taiwan that I find hot can all give Korean and Japanese guys a run for their money in the height department. :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong; what I've posted are just general observations I've made about Chinese people overall, not counting all the movement of peoples over the centuries. I personally don't care where hot guys are from, just as long as they're hot! :wub:

apples

Post by apples » Aug 22nd, '05, 20:28

What I really find attractive in Korean men is their eyes. Actually those guys with really slanted eyes, almost like those of So Ji Sup's or Lee Byung Hun's or Lee Wan's. There's this Korean guy at work, if only he didn't just get married, I would want to stare at his eyes for all eternity.

But on the overall features, my taste would rather go for a Japanese or a Filipino(cos I'm one). I used to think Chinese were really attractive until I broke up with one... err.. sort of cos he's one of those (elitist) Fil-Chi, but physically he looked more Chinese than many full-blooded Chinese I've met. well, we're talking about physical attributes here anyway.

snowpeas

Post by snowpeas » Aug 22nd, '05, 20:37

do korean male actors get plastic surgery? I heard lots of korean actresses do have plastic surgeries. I think jap and korean actors are more likely to go under the knives while the taiwanese not as likely.

snowpeas

Post by snowpeas » Aug 22nd, '05, 20:44

Calcifer10000 wrote:I'm not voting because I haven't seen many Korean and Japanese men and haven't been to either country to see their average person. But...
candycandy wrote:Pls separate HK/Taiwan from Mainland China. The ppl from HK/TW look very very different from those come from Mainland China. How can you merge them together??????
...I'd like to know why you say this. Why can't you merge Chinese people together? We're not talking governments; we're talking genetics and to a good extent, geography. Politics aside, I don't see anything radically wrong with looking at men from these three areas together. I can almost dare to say that the "looks" of HK and Taiwan can all be found somewhere in the Mainland, and vice versa.

Facial features? People from Taiwan may not have any certain "look" because many of them hail from different regions, including the Mainland, but then again, the "average" Mainlander doesn't have any particular "look" either. I find that folks from HK look similar to those from Guangdong Province in the Mainland; I've been to both places. People from the South generally have higher, more defined cheekbones, while people from the North have flatter, wider faces.

Skin tone? This varies too, but in general, Northern Chinese are paler, Southern Chinese are tanner.

Build? Most people in China (all three areas) have average build, not too fat or too skinny, though not very buff overall. I've never seen many football-player builds walking down the street. People of the South seem to be much more petite and slender than the more big-boned Northerners.

Height? Don't think Chinese people as a whole are short. They are not, especially if they're from the Northern Mainland provinces. There's a common saying of "Big guys from Shandong" (a Northern province) that reflects this. Native people from the South tend to be shorter; this includes the Southern Mainland provinces, Taiwan and HK. This difference in heights can be seen from the choice of weapons used in ancient times; the Northern people used longer, heavier weapons, while the Southern people used lighter, shorter ones that fit their physique.

And if you're talking about the newer generation of guys with good nutrition, Chinese guys definitely aren't all short! Most of the Chinese actors from the Mainland and Taiwan that I find hot can all give Korean and Japanese guys a run for their money in the height department. :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong; what I've posted are just general observations I've made about Chinese people overall, not counting all the movement of peoples over the centuries. I personally don't care where hot guys are from, just as long as they're hot! :wub:
Candy made a valid observation though. Im not sure bout hks, but defintely taiwanese look different from mainlanders and you can usually tell. While you can say taiwanese are basically from china... the taiwanese have so much more different blood running in them. You got aboriginal tribes, dutch, japanese blood. And i heard that only male chinese could goto taiwan in the olden times can't bring their wife with them so...

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 22nd, '05, 21:23

shows the ignorance of this poll

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 22nd, '05, 21:28

shirahime wrote: As for personality the japanese guys still wins coz they are so caring, kind, nice and hilarious. While the Korean guys are more stingy......um how to say it.......they are more proud of themself and a bit arrogant.
cool, you just dictated their personalities too. So if one is a "japanese guy" he's definitly "caring, king, nice and hilarious" and if one's a "korean guy" then he's bound to be "stingy, proud of themsef, and bit arrogant". Woot! :glare:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Aug 22nd, '05, 22:15

snowpeas wrote:Candy made a valid observation though. Im not sure bout hks, but defintely taiwanese look different from mainlanders and you can usually tell. While you can say taiwanese are basically from china... the taiwanese have so much more different blood running in them. You got aboriginal tribes, dutch, japanese blood. And i heard that only male chinese could goto taiwan in the olden times can't bring their wife with them so...
I did say in my post that I know people from Taiwan hail from different places, as well as being natives. I also said I don't think there's any specific "look" that will differentiate someone from Taiwan from someone from the Mainland, especially because there are so many different-looking people in the whole of China. There's mixed blood in China too; the people are by no means "pure". Every area in the Mainland has people of unique looks, just perhaps not to the extent of Taiwan.

On my list of hot guys, there's nothing about the guys from Taiwan that I would say differentiates them as a group from those in the Mainland, or those in Singapore. To me, at least ethnically, they're all equally Chinese. I'm not talking about nationality. Since most people here have been talking about celebrities, while actors and actresses from Taiwan and the Mainland may say things differently, dress differently, behave differently, if they keep their mouths shut, I can't tell who's from where. (And I honestly don't care.)

The trends I listed are very, very general and have no judgment values attached to them. My point was that I see nothing wrong with looking at the three places as a whole, because they're all diverse in looks.

Try putting your own recognition skills to the test 8) : http://www.alllooksame.com