Which manga would you want to see 'drama-tised'?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Ponice

Post by Ponice » Sep 3rd, '07, 21:21

I'd like to see the manga "Suzuka" become a drama.
that would be fun. for the cast, i can't really decide. ;P

<3

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 12th, '07, 16:18

I think I've posted on this thread before but anyways, I choose:

Skip Beat -- ahh so much drama that surely will make my day

Power -- similar to Hanakimi and that was done so well so hopefully this one can be done too

W Juliet -- similar to Skip Beat and Hanakimi in some way except now we would have to find a guy who can look like a beautiful girl

Hot Blooded Woman -- I swear this can be done, with all that angst and butt kicking, just need some really good Korean actors.

Host club -- I thought this was going to be made live action, but haven't heard any news of it for a while now. But I would love to see the actors play the roles of Tamaki-bocchama.

As for other mangas, they should be animes instead so that the special effects won't look so cheesy in Live Action. Haha Bleach live action, are you kidding me? :scratch: That would look totally weird.

Why has Nakamura Yoshiki's Tokyo Crazy Paradise haven't been made into an anime yet? That manga has been so long and death note already had an anime and movie too.

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » Sep 12th, '07, 20:12

"Which manga would you want to see 'drama-tised'?"

none..theres been enough already :thumbdown:

weylin

Post by weylin » Sep 13th, '07, 03:44

weylin wrote:It's definitely Wild Life . Oh, I really love that manga. It's about a young veteraninary guy who own's perfect hearing. So he doesn't need any electronics to know, what's problem with patient.

There is also hilarious sidecharacters, but I think that's a really hard to make. Because those quys take care of wild animals (like polar bears, whales and so on).

And a main role is made for Tanaka Koki. :wub:

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Sep 13th, '07, 04:27

christ_freak wrote:
DMPA wrote:
Sayumi wrote: ofcourse it's a manga :P the manga actually finishes the story (sorta) while the anime stops really early :( you don't even get a chance to meet the 3 remaining animals
OMG!!!! I love you!!!! MARS in Japanese version would be perfect!!! And as all great minds think alike...OGURI SHUN AS REI!!!! I can totally see the perfect hotness of him on a bike....*sigh...bike+Shun=...heart attack from all the hotness...* haha!!! hm...a Korean one would be nice too...JunKi as Rei and..hm... the main girl from Which star are you from as Kira..?...maybe?
I totally agree. Of all the Japanese actors, I think someone who could play it is Oguri Shun or Ito Hideaki. Actually I think Takky is perfect for the role except he's just not tall enough. I mean in the manga MARS, I remember Rei bending down so much when he kissed KIra.

I also want Fushigi Yugi to be a jdorama. We could have Akanishi Jin as Tamahome and other good looking people. Of course Yamapi has to be in it, as well as Oguri Shun, Hayami Mokomichi and others such as Matsuda Shota.

I would absolutely love the manga WISH to be dramatised. I don't know if many people have read it but it's about an angel falling in love with a human. It's really good and I think that someone like matsumoto jun would be good with this (unfortunately he's not tall enough).
omg! Fushigi Yugi would be awesome, because come one not that many youths out there watch the historical dramas and its a really good fusion between adventure, romance and comedy! naah i would like Akanishi Jin to play Hotohori, its like perfect... Matsumoto Jun kind of looks like Tamahome he just needs to act serious like in Gokusen....

after watching the [Tw]MARS and reading the manga, the best candidates to play Rei are Yamashita Tomohisa (I know that he can give Rei that player-ish flair) and Oguri Shun, i really think that this live action would be hot!!!

miyukigrg

Post by miyukigrg » Sep 13th, '07, 07:34

i liked slam dunk .it would be great if made into drama.i liked death note but its made into movie.i really liked kira :wub:

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Sep 13th, '07, 16:17

we' ve seen enough girls stuff ( hana kimi < started with kiss< mars <hana> coffee prince)

i wish to see more about boys stuff like nodame and i wish to see a man drama dressing like a girl

that woud be funny ^_^

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 13th, '07, 17:28

*kawaii* wrote:we' ve seen enough girls stuff ( hana kimi < started with kiss< mars <hana> coffee prince)

i wish to see more about boys stuff like nodame and i wish to see a man drama dressing like a girl

that woud be funny ^_^
I agree with you, *kawaii*. With so many pretty-looking boys around, you'd think that we'd have a drama about a guy dressing up as a girl already, LOL.

I don't think that this one is a manga (I only know of its anime form), but I think that Ai My Me! Strawberry Eggs would make a cute anime to drama adaptation. However, since the main character makes a pretty attractive female, I have no idea how that would work out . . . :whistling:

Cersia

Post by Cersia » Oct 20th, '07, 12:13

Koukou Debut by KAWAHARA Kazune would be great <33
I really love this manga <333
I think the story is goor for a drama ^0^

yap1412

Post by yap1412 » Oct 30th, '07, 20:12

:mrgreen: one piece!!

wondering if this manga can be live action drama!!!

who will be luffy?zoro?sanji?chopper?usopp?nami?
wah!! :cheers:

eilla

Post by eilla » May 11th, '08, 22:14

I really enjoyed "Fushigi Yuugi" so I guess I would like to see it dramatised! Although I have seen anime, but still, I prefer live action, so it would be great to make drama of "Fushigi yuugi"

Tomi

Post by Tomi » May 12th, '08, 01:26

I would die in joy if I heard one day that Kare Kano was to become a drama...best manga ever!

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » May 12th, '08, 01:48

Ah! Kare Kano! I would so watch that if it became dramatised...
Hm...I think that would actually be better as a drama, since the manga dragged at some parts.
eh heh. Yamapi as Hideaki. :D

Rori

Post by Rori » May 14th, '08, 08:17

yap1412 wrote::mrgreen: one piece!!

wondering if this manga can be live action drama!!!

who will be luffy?zoro?sanji?chopper?usopp?nami?
wah!! :cheers:
Just lol :rofl:

Two I would like to see are Ouran High School Host Club, hilarious and the male cast would be to die for. And S.A (Special-A). Anime for this is currently airing. Another school with rich kids setting but I'm a sucker for these type of things.

Though, both of these manga's are still being released, and slowly, considering they're monthly released. But I would love to see a drama for either one.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 19th, '08, 13:35

Cersia wrote:Koukou Debut by KAWAHARA Kazune would be great <33
I really love this manga <333
I think the story is goor for a drama ^0^
Kokou Debut would turn into interesting drama. For some reason I can imagine Taiwanese version right away xD

I definitely want to see Skip Beat as a drama. I'm not too happy that tehy may be making a Twdrama out of it with ariel ling starring... I want to see Skip Beat as Korean version. I think that the plot fits best to Korean environment.

I would aslo like to see Sugar Addiction and You Are So Cool manhwas turned into dramas. They are pretty short but screenwriter could add something new in the stories.

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » May 19th, '08, 14:02

Hmm Love Hina would be great ! Well I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a drama version for love hina... it's pretty popular !

And fruits basket would be awesome! +__+
but it has to be young actors... yamada ryosuke from hey say jump would be great ^^

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 22nd, '08, 15:12

Maybe "Confidential Confessions" by Reiko Momochi.
You can compare it with the jdrama "Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi"/"RAIFU"
I also come to think of "Welcome to the NHK", but I haven't read that manga, just seen 1-3 episodes of the anime.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 22nd, '08, 15:26

red_pucca wrote:I would really like to see Candy candy and Miss Modern in drama version. :)) aahh... if only...
I don't know any actress that could play candy though :P
Can't forget "Candy Candy", I'll say that one too.
I got about 10 VHS tapes with this anime (Swedish dub) that I treasure like gold. :-)

NADZ

Post by NADZ » May 22nd, '08, 18:35

i would like to see Hot Gimmik!

tmjr2006

Post by tmjr2006 » May 22nd, '08, 19:12

i would like to see a live action Full Moon Wo Sagashite

pow155

Post by pow155 » May 22nd, '08, 19:23

12 Kingdoms would be nice.

plumblossoms

Post by plumblossoms » May 22nd, '08, 19:55

Vampire Knight...I'm into the manga/anime at the moment and it'd be interesting to see it as a drama...

pow155

Post by pow155 » May 22nd, '08, 20:06

I would also like to see vampire knight. Would be interesting. But who would be yuuki, kaname or zero?

plumblossoms

Post by plumblossoms » May 23rd, '08, 02:51

But who would be yuuki, kaname or zero?

Hm...good question. I haven't thought about any actors... I like Matsumoto Jun...but I can't imagine him being any of the characters :lol

kgobea

Post by kgobea » May 23rd, '08, 03:19

ok yeah if this make me a dork, then so be it but the manga i choose is Prince of Tennis! this manga kept me going after i graduated from high school and didnt get to play tennis everyday for atleast 4 hours. so this is my vote, for personal reasons i guess and the fact that its so kicka$$! the anime versions are funny also, but what i really wanna see is the live action jodrama.

rairai

Post by rairai » Jul 11th, '08, 14:45

hm.. Ouran high, Special A..
AND Perfect girl evolution/the wallflower..im thinking, 4 of the Kattun members to be the 4 hot guys..
Takano - kame
Oda - ueda/junno
Yuki - maru
Morii - jin
(i also like koki but its only 4 of them.. :( )

hm.. and who cud be Sukano??
wondering if ever it will be made into a live action series, will it be bloody like the manga.. (because of the girls' and sunako's nosebleeds) lolz

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 31st, '08, 11:09

Beck! BECK!!!! This wouldn't really need special effects. I'd want Ninomiya (ARASHI) as Koyuki and Mizushima Hiro (RA for dorm 2 of Hana Kimi) as Ryusuke, cuz I guess he can speak a little English :lol It might be a little difficult since 2 of the main characters have to speak English fluently and Koyuki has to be played by someone whose voice just awes anyone whoever hears it. :unsure:

Fruit Basket would be nice if it can be made into a drama, and I don't think the special effects for this would be too hard. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou should be easy to dramatize. And OMG, yes! Candy Candy would be great! But I doubt any more could be done about this after I read about all those litigations and disputes between the manga author and the manga artist. As for other mangas, City Hunter and Angel Heart, and Emma!!! Emma could be played by Hermoine from Harry Potter! :lol since she's the only young British actress I know.

Late add: There was this one manga I really enjoyed, but I forgot its name. It involved classical music, a large string instrument (cello? or viola or violin) and the lead character was a dwarf or a midget wearing a pointed hat... they lived up in the mountains and it was comedy. But you'd need lots and lots of special effects for that one.~~~Oh I know now, it was the Violinist of Hameln.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Sep 21st, '08, 15:41

ichigo 100% and ranma 1/2 (happosai-sama Banzai!)

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 21st, '08, 20:38

I merged the two threads as identical.
Heads up core2quadcore, if you wnt to change something in your post, simply use the EDIT button of your first post. You dont need to double post that way. It can be a bit confusing at first with all the buttons.

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Sep 21st, '08, 21:18

Suzuka and ouran host club

mangoboiz

Post by mangoboiz » Sep 21st, '08, 21:57

Skip Beat please ! It's a totally drama-to-be material !

konaxis

Post by konaxis » Sep 28th, '08, 17:42

artificial beauty!

4everU

Post by 4everU » Sep 29th, '08, 04:09

OH OH OH OH...I woudl defintately want One Thousand and one nights to be drama-tized...it's a manwa...basically Korean manga...I just love the story and it woud be so different from a typical korean drama...

Plot:
Shahrazad, a young scholar, joins the mad sultan's harem in place of his sister, Dunya. Each night the sultan rapes a virgin, and at daybreak he beheads her. When the sultan discovers Shahrazad is in fact a man, Sharazad agrees to tell him a story. If he does not enjoy it, he will be free to kill him by daybreak. Over the course of the story the reader discovers what caused the sultan to go mad and kill the girls in his harem.

I would want lee jun ki to play the young scholar because his character and physic are perfect to dress as a beautiful girl...King and the clown shows how he looks with logn hair.he looks gorgeous. It would be a perfect fit..but mostly beacause he can play any character so well with emotion.

I would want the sultan to behumm...it's actually hard...well anyone with a very charmig and prince like looks and some evilness to him....I will figure it out later.

I would want the young scholars (jun ki) sister Dunya to be kim tae hee, because the sister and brother are both supposed to be very beautiful...

Image[/img]

Last edited by 4everU on Sep 29th, '08, 04:40, edited 7 times in total.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Sep 29th, '08, 04:24

:idea: Ouran High Host Club!!!!

It would be interesting to see how any actor could do Tamaki justice. I think Ikuta Toma would do a great job in that role.

:idea: It would be great to see School Rumble in live action too and after seeing Shun in Binbo Danshi, I think he can work the Harima Kenji character effectively.

I saw someone say Slamdunk --hmmm I'm obssesed with this manga/animé. But I don't think I want to see this as live action because the actor WORTHY to play Hanamichi Sakuragi has not been born yet.

:thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft:

blongsiab

Post by blongsiab » Oct 9th, '08, 03:02

How about the manga from a drama where aril i think joined the manga club and they did a manga on her as a tennis player or something like that with short short skirts not sure why i typed that twice but in any case, is that just weird?

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Oct 9th, '08, 03:15

I would like to see the Korean version of It started with a kiss.

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Nov 2nd, '08, 02:57

I would love to see Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge it would be great!!! Especially if the bad girl of Devil Beside You is Sunako (somebody mention it atthe beginning)

Also I would love to see Parfait Tic!!! Great Drama and I think that Rainie or Ariel would do a great!

StarlitRiot

Post by StarlitRiot » Nov 12th, '08, 06:46

I have to agree with some of the above post. Considering all the High School dramas there are, I think Ouran High School Host club would make an awesome drama as well as Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge.

Also, I'd really like to see a NANA drama but since they have the live action movies I doubt that'll ever happen..but it's such a long series, a drama would be great. Gravitation might make a cute Drama..mm there's lots more but i'll leave it at that for now. ^.^

lilchan

Post by lilchan » Nov 12th, '08, 07:12

mangoboiz wrote:Skip Beat please ! It's a totally drama-to-be material !
definitely!<3

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Nov 12th, '08, 07:42

I wanna see manga in drama: Captain Tsubasa and Hungry Heart Wild Striker about football and manga "TOUCH" about love and baseball (there is film but I wanna see more)

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Nov 12th, '08, 07:48

Fruits Basket...

atire

Post by atire » Apr 7th, '09, 18:52

lilchan wrote:
definitely!<3
I cannot agree more :D What about the casting? I cannot imagine an actor right now so hot as Ren :wub:

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Apr 7th, '09, 19:57

atire wrote:
lilchan wrote:
definitely!<3
I cannot agree more :D What about the casting? I cannot imagine an actor right now so hot as Ren :wub:
How about Tetsuji Tamayama http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tamayama_Tetsuji ? :wub:
Also Tomoya Nagase could be great: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nagase_Tomoya :whistling:
right now they are my current obsession :mrgreen:
Last edited by Yukinon on Apr 7th, '09, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

atire

Post by atire » Apr 7th, '09, 20:00

Yukinon wrote:
atire wrote:
lilchan wrote: definitely!<3
How about Tetsuji Tamayama http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tamayama_Tetsuji ? :wub:
Also Tomya Nagase could be great: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nagase_Tomoya :whistling:
right now they are my current obsession :mrgreen:
They seem too old for me... Ren is only 20 and he has to be tall and his smile... :wub:

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Apr 7th, '09, 20:05

atire wrote:
They seem too old for me... Ren is only 20 and he has to be tall and his smile... :wub:
Well I've always thought Ren looks older than his actual age, and that his charm is different, mature in some way...besides believe me, those two surely don't lack in height :wub: and if a smile could stop a heart.... :mrgreen:

Ditta

Post by Ditta » Apr 14th, '09, 12:42

The Skip beat is a good idea, but I can't imagine an actress for Kyoko. I think it would be more difficult, than a guy for Ren, cause nobody can be as good-looking than Ren :wub:
But Kyoko is a very complex character... Maybe Ueto Aya? :-)

Elien

Post by Elien » Apr 14th, '09, 13:29

The taiwanese tried to make Skip Beat! with Jerry Yan and Ariel Lin, but it´s on hold for now and I don´t think thez will continue...

Averroes

Post by Averroes » Apr 14th, '09, 13:52

For me, it's Gungrave or Black Lagoon but the best would be Gantz or Berserk.
But the new manga Sun Ken Rock would be a good KDrama

Mayura

Post by Mayura » Apr 14th, '09, 14:15

It's not a manga, but an anime: Darker Than Black *Yamapi as Hei would be great *__*
I'd also loved Beck to be turned into a drama ^^.

(I also wanted Les Gouttes de Dieu to be drama-tised, and now that it's done, I just find that it was not a good idea xD: well, Kame is great as Shizuku... But the other actors suck! I've just seen the first episode of Kami no Shizuku and was so disappointed T_T).

dheystar

Post by dheystar » Apr 17th, '09, 12:55

..Special A..I really want to see this manga be dramatised..
well i wonder who will fit for Kei,Hikari,Jun,Megumi,tadashi,akira and ryuu..

..woooo!!still thinking

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 17th, '09, 13:13

I would love to see the manga "Crows" be made into a drama, I know the movie Crows zero but doesn't follow the manga at all. With that said its still a great movie but I think if there was a drama to follow up on the manga it would actually be quite funny with some good action. This could definitely be done just like Holyland had an amazing port over from manga to drama.

Also I would love to see Welcome to NHK made into a drama.