What do you think about D-Addicts current layout

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

What do you think of D-Addicts layout/navigation

I don't like the layout or navigation
2%
Its alright but I'd like to see changes
38%
I like it the way it is
59%

Total votes: 91

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

What do you think about D-Addicts current layout

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 19th, '06, 23:28

Was just curious to what ppl think about the layout and navigation of the site.
Last edited by Ruroshin on Jan 29th, '06, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Jan 19th, '06, 23:31

It's not like I go like "Wow this is the greatest site I've ever seen" about it, but everything is where it's supposed to be which saves a lot of time that I'd spend on other sites for searching. Too many pictures or colours or whatever might only be confusing. In other words: I'm perfectly fine with the way it is now. No changes please. :)

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 19th, '06, 23:39

i like it. and i agree wiht kathleen. if there are too many changes then i woudl be lost for a while tryign to find out where things are..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 22nd, '06, 17:52

Leave it like the way it is.

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Jan 22nd, '06, 18:22

if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

superlarki

Post by superlarki » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:03

I think that it would be intersting to see what type of changes you have in mind - but as ppl have stated so far, it is ok as it is because it is very easy to find where everything is - but maybe its a case of getting used to the site.

roona

Post by roona » Jan 24th, '06, 10:06

I THINK JUST ADDING SOME COLORS WILL BE GREAT ..IT LACK ART TOUCHES ITS MORE LIKE FORMAL TO ME I GUESS BUT I REALLY LIKE THAT FOURM IT HAS LOTS OF INFORMATION AND ITS REALLY FAB ...:)

YAH I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS WITH CHANGES I WILL DEFENTLY BE LOST SO ONLY ADDING SOME COLORS IS WHAT IS MISSING HERE ..MAY BE WE IN UAE LIKE DESIGNING AND ART STUFF ALOT THATS WHY I THOIUGH OF IT THAT WAY :)

Schala

Post by Schala » Jan 24th, '06, 12:23

Not sure how to answer it, as I'm not sure what changes you might be thinking about implimenting. The layout is decent enough. Nothing is too hard to find. So I'm leaning more towards leave it alone or just making some small changes here and there....

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 26th, '06, 10:51

First of all, I do stuff like that for a living, and would like to say I agree with all of the above. Dont fix what is not broken.

On the other hand, four fingers and one thumb... eeeeh ok... you could add a few more color options for those who want different themes.

I know the phpBB has three colors as default, but so does my Nokia phone and it's 4 years old or something :)

We could always add more layout templates for those late night mood swings without changing the actual layout of the button placement.

Do you have a stack of the graphics involved?

Would be fun to see them.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jan 26th, '06, 11:58

I think it's "clean" and easy to understand/read, no need to change anything. I'm not here for the design anyway... :P

EDIT: ...and please, no new colors that hurts the eyes... :cry:
Last edited by gryzze on Jan 26th, '06, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Jan 26th, '06, 12:14

"Its alright but I'd like to see changes", i got lazy.

ad

Post by ad » Jan 29th, '06, 07:14

Would be nice to have an option to turn off the sigs/avatars. Am i the only one who finds 600x400 sig images annoying?

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jan 29th, '06, 07:33

It's ok, kinda classic. I'd like to see changes if possible :)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 29th, '06, 08:33

ad wrote:Would be nice to have an option to turn off the sigs/avatars. Am i the only one who finds 600x400 sig images annoying?
Believe me, you aren't alone and that option is already in place... :lol
Check out your profile settings... it's in one of the many many menus Ruroshin has provided for us to customize the site to our taste... :)

I'd tell you how to do it, but I turned them off so long ago that I don't remember where they are..... ^_^;;;

tee668w

Post by tee668w » Jan 29th, '06, 08:41

I agree,, the site is ok,,, but it depends on what changes are in mind...

some people are afraid of change,, but these ppl forget change can be for the better...

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Jan 29th, '06, 08:44

I like how the navi is. But maybe you can like add a picture of some sort?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 29th, '06, 22:36

Hrm, I might leave everything as it is and if I get bored enough maybe I'll change just the header.
ad wrote:Would be nice to have an option to turn off the sigs/avatars. Am i the only one who finds 600x400 sig images annoying?
Goto Profile->Your Profile->Profile Settings->Reading select no to sigs/avatars and click on submit.

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Jan 30th, '06, 05:57

Lol i think you should think about redesigning the site. I mean it looks good and is easy to use but...for me it feels too generic, it needs a bit more personality.

Just maybe changing the header/navigation would do. Hmmm maybe you could get a mascot or something.
Right now the closest thing to a "logo" for d-addicts is your bonta-kun avatar. It always reminds me of "that d-addicts guy" when i see bonta-kun pics. Well i can see that the actual word "d addicts" in the banner is kind of a logo but it lacks a bit of personality which is why i thought you should maybe get a mascot, it wouldn't really be a logo but at the same time it would give d-addicts a little more personality. That is ofcourse if you don't redesign the site, since a new more unique layout would definately give d-addicts a heap of personality.

knuts

Post by knuts » Feb 1st, '06, 23:48

Maybe off topic, but where has the News section gone to? I remember seeing it yesterday. :scratch:

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 1st, '06, 23:56

I dunno if this is the place to write it, I would like it more if there was a size restrictions on avatars and signatures... pls dont tell me to turn them off because i like looking at them, i jus dont see a point in them covering half the screen! :thumright:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 3rd, '06, 02:49

i'd like to suggest on GAMES thread. Could you not restrict the number of posts on games? can we let it just be on what it purports to be? Honestly, am quite upset bout it that when it reaches upto 2000 posts then again back to zero. I don’t find the essence of it somehow.

and yeah, bout the site.. although it's satisfactory, i find it too generic. i suggest some personal options in here. ^^

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 3rd, '06, 03:46

one more thing... why is my avatar not working anymore??? why why why? :( :( :(

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:00

pRincEton giRL wrote:i'd like to suggest on GAMES thread. Could you not restrict the number of posts on games? can we let it just be on what it purports to be? Honestly, am quite upset bout it that when it reaches upto 2000 posts then again back to zero. I don’t find the essence of it somehow.

and yeah, bout the site.. although it's satisfactory, i find it too generic. i suggest some personal options in here. ^^
er I don't know anything about the GAMES thread, you will have to appeal to whichever moderator pruned it :unsure:
pRincEton giRL wrote:one more thing... why is my avatar not working anymore??? why why why? :( :( :(
I disabled uploading of avatars to the server, i didn't think it would stop showing all the currently uploaded avatars :crazy: anyway, the user base is growing quick and the server just won't be able to handle storing and displaying that many avatars so I have decided to only allow off-site avatars. All you have to do is upload your avatar to free sites like photobucket.com and link it from there.

ps. your signature is a little long, can you please remove one of the pictures or shrink the big one alittle bit and put it side by side with the little one instead of one under the other. Thanks.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:12

Yeah, the site is great. I'm also leaning towards don't fix it.

However, there is one thing that I have a problem with and i'm not sure if it can be fixed cuz it's common on other sites. When I do s search, it doesn't necessarily send me to what i'm searching for. Example: if i'm searching for "ABC" movie, I would get a a list with a thread where what i'm looking for is somewhere within 50 pages and there's no way in hell I can find it. I like how google works where they search to the exact page. That's the only problem that I have with this site..but don't take it personal, it's similar to many top notch site.

example: I searched for a movie and clubbox. I just got clubbox forum which is HUGE...I can't find it.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:14

goygakgoy wrote:Yeah, the site is great. I'm also leaning towards don't fix it.

However, there is one thing that I have a problem with and i'm not sure if it can be fixed cuz it's common on other sites. When I do s search, it doesn't necessarily send me to what i'm searching for. Example: if i'm searching for "ABC" movie, I would get a a list with a thread where what i'm looking for is somewhere within 50 pages and there's no way in hell I can find it. I like how google works where they search to the exact page. That's the only problem that I have with this site..but don't take it personal, it's similar to many top notch site.

example: I searched for a movie and clubbox. I just got clubbox forum which is HUGE...I can't find it.
actually there is a Display results as: option which can pick display as post rather than display as topic this will take you directly to the post that matches your search and not the topic/thread.

WinterAir

Post by WinterAir » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:20

the layout is all nice and the colours are pleasing to the eye, but I just want a link/button to lead to the subs pose easily or a bigger title for that, but I keep missing it!

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:22

thanks for that but i like lookin on my sig that way. well noted. i have to think of your suggestion all over. :unsure:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:29

i suppose to put that lil pix on my avatar but to sad extent, my avatar isn't working that's why i put it on my sig... right now i'm tryin to link on your suggestion. once my avatar will work, i will remove that lil pix on my sig. i hope that would be fine.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 3rd, '06, 05:59

i like it the way it is; it`ll take me forever to find things if the site changed, and like if you add too many graphics or whatever, what about the poor dial-up users? (i use dsl, but just thought i`d make a shoutout to the dial-up people out there... i had dial- up once).

leave it the way it is! :-)

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 25th, '06, 23:53

First of all, I really like the layout of this forum, better than others. :-)

I searched around this site but can't find the answer. On Profile, you have Subscribed Topics. If you have more than 15 topics, you would get a link to 2nd page and so forth. If you click on it, it doesn't go to 2nd page. Furthermore, "Next" doesn't work either. Is it my PC or anyone is experiencing the same problem. Thanks!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 26th, '06, 03:00

^ Interesting bump. I don't use subscription... It's annoying. I just use 'your posts' search a lot.

I never posted here... I love the layout, but I can't say 'I like the way it is and don't ever change'. I remember when we didn't have that left side navigation menu, but it's kind of hard to imagine how I ever navigated without it now..

There's always new ways to improve the layout/forum, and the suggestion thread is great. Most forums don't have things like that, and is very reluctant/lazy to change and improve. Keep up the good work :thumleft:

Connie101292

Post by Connie101292 » Apr 26th, '06, 03:06

if its not broken, dont change it....hmmm...well if you change some things here and there i guess it will be fine but not real big changes so that everyone goes "heck wahh?"

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Apr 26th, '06, 04:03

Hmm, didn't notice this thread. I like the way things are right now with functionality of the board.....but I wouldn't be against a color change in the future. I'm easily bored, so I kinda got bored with the turquoise/aqua theme we have going on :unsure: I might be the only one though :lol

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 26th, '06, 04:04

LYF7anatic wrote:First of all, I really like the layout of this forum, better than others. :-)

I searched around this site but can't find the answer. On Profile, you have Subscribed Topics. If you have more than 15 topics, you would get a link to 2nd page and so forth. If you click on it, it doesn't go to 2nd page. Furthermore, "Next" doesn't work either. Is it my PC or anyone is experiencing the same problem. Thanks!

hrm interesting, I never test that part out before :lol it could of broke because of the static url change.

luith

Post by luith » Apr 26th, '06, 04:07

How it is right now doesn't bother me, but you could always make it more interesting. Maybe something other than the Robotech breast plate as a background for the template. I wouldn't mind seeing something more sophisticated. A few drama graphics would be easy on the eyes.

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 27th, '06, 00:13

Ruroshin wrote:
LYF7anatic wrote:First of all, I really like the layout of this forum, better than others. :-)

hrm interesting, I never test that part out before :lol it could of broke because of the static url change.
Woot, It's not my PC. I guess not many members using that feature. It's all good. :mrgreen:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Apr 27th, '06, 03:30

LYF7anatic wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Woot, It's not my PC. I guess not many members using that feature. It's all good. :mrgreen:
having the same problem =(

soomster

Post by soomster » Apr 27th, '06, 03:47

I would like to see more selectivity with torrents such as beeing able to sort by type, date of release, etc

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 28th, '06, 04:54

soomster wrote:I would like to see more selectivity with torrents such as beeing able to sort by type, date of release, etc
see the custom tab.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 28th, '06, 05:08

ok this should be fixed now.

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 28th, '06, 05:14

I've just tested it. It works now. Thanks Ruroshin for your hard work and dedication to this wonderful forum! :salut: