how did u come up with your nick?, avatar and siggy..

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
skachild

how did u come up with your nick?, avatar and siggy..

Post by skachild » Jan 22nd, '06, 07:40

how did you come up with your:

nick- Skachild, i love SKA song...when i was in highschool.. we use to form a band for competition and i will use trumpet as my instrument.. thats why they call me the Ska Child(budak ska) hahaha... thats how i got my name skachild. :thumright:

avatar- dunno & dont care.. :glare:

signature- accept 4 ska..im a fan of LMF.. bcause there all are very lazy ma hehehe... :clap:

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ephesus » Jan 22nd, '06, 07:42

I used to love ska back in the day..
My name is an old city, my avatar is a picture booth photo with some friends, and i dont have a sig :)

groink

Post by groink » Jan 22nd, '06, 07:54

Ska is KILLER!!!!!!!!! Favorite ska bands are The Tantra Monsters (based in Hawaii) and Fishbone.

"groink" came from a fanzine I used to read back in the 1980's. It was also a sound I used to make while in chatrooms during the early days of IRC (late 1980's.) One time, an MP standing guard at Pearl Harbor saw my license plate "GROINK". He told me it's a word from Calvin & Hobbes, although I've never bothered to confirm this piece of information.

My avatar (as of this post) is ROBOCON, a childish tokusatsu character created by TOEI (now TV Asahi), and televised in Japan during the early 1970's. He's my all-time favorite tokusatsu character! I've written articles about him, including a scenario where he kicks the crap out of the other TOEI super heroes because of his long arms and body armor.

--- groink

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Jan 22nd, '06, 08:02

my nick came from the nickname my parents gave me, it's from bugsy, the gangster who spends cash like there's no tomorrow.

my avatar came from the samsung commercial of im soo jung which is my favorite korean actress.

my signature is from the movie of im soo jung. obviously, i'm an im soo jung fan.

anakmelayu

Post by anakmelayu » Jan 22nd, '06, 08:04

anakmelayu
anak = child
melayu = malay
so anakmelayu = malay child, im just a proud malay boy...hahaha

avatar = TV3 sc... (is one of the tv channel in malaysia)

siggie = ai bon a.k.a ai kago ...pyon...haha

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Jan 22nd, '06, 18:28

Nick: a long long time ago, back when I needed help installing win 95, I freequented IRC channels. I was the first to register my nickname, RPGS. To me, it was an assortment of letters picked at random that sounded cool, laterI realized what a common acronym it is, so I made up a new word by sticking a 'u' between each letter. Still sounds cool, and it's rarely ever taken in any community I go to.

Avatar: It's a self-potrait in from a custom set of emoticons I once made.

Sig: I dunno, thought It was funny. I'll probably change it again when I find something funnier

Schala

Post by Schala » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:02

Nick- I'm a Chrono Trigger fiend, so Schala is from the game.

Sig/Av- I <3 L'Arc~en~Ciel, and I recently bought their AWAKE Tour, and thought it was freakin awesome! I especially loved their performance for Hoshizora, so I made it into my sig/av. The song is about those who have lost everyone and everything to bombs in the war. It was a gorgeous performance. The stage was covered in bouquets of flowers. And Hyde (the vocalist) even cries during the song. I really liked the message behind the song, and it really touched me, so I decided to make a sig & av set out of it. (If you look closely at my avatar, you can see his tear rolling down his cheek....)

harliey_nick

Post by harliey_nick » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:09

my username/nick ~ my real name,i mean harliey is a part of my name :P nick as in nick name :D so ordinary...haha...

my avatar n siggie ~ made by a fellow strawberry vanilla's loyal member,ronshaberry a.k.a ronni-neechan! :wub:

ooh i can't see his tears :cry: i so totally adore hyde!he's like a real good artist n i love l'arc~en~ciel's songs...lately addicted to honey n heaven's drive!go laruku!!!haha...

:wub:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:20

I'm just obvious and focused... total fangirl.

Nick --- I'm an otaku when it comes to Toyohara Kosuke (who made me a d-addict)

Avatar --- Toyohara in the film Naniwa kin'yu do, one of my favorite pics of him and a hilarious movie

Sig --- a hodge-podge of his roles in various films & dramas

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Jan 22nd, '06, 19:42

eh. I decided to change my sig just now, just because.... here's a conmemorative post for my old one:
the new one is a play on an old saying.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Jan 22nd, '06, 21:32

Schala wrote:Nick- I'm a Chrono Trigger fiend, so Schala is from the game.

Sig/Av- I <3 L'Arc~en~Ciel, and I recently bought their AWAKE Tour, and thought it was freakin awesome! I especially loved their performance for Hoshizora, so I made it into my sig/av. The song is about those who have lost everyone and everything to bombs in the war. It was a gorgeous performance. The stage was covered in bouquets of flowers. And Hyde (the vocalist) even cries during the song. I really liked the message behind the song, and it really touched me, so I decided to make a sig & av set out of it. (If you look closely at my avatar, you can see his tear rolling down his cheek....)
I was really moved too by his performance!!! I have never seen something as touching as this on a stage!!! >.<
BTW I really like your Sig...

____

My nick:
uuhhmm... my nickname. everyone calls me with that... so it's o.k. for a forum too... ^^

ava: JUUUNNN!!! ^^ But I want a new one.. ^-^ Another one with matsumoto Jun of course!!

Siggy: Kimi to ita mirai no tame ni ~ I'll be back
I love this drama!!! Still hope that someone will be subbing this, 'cause it's really great (and my Japanese isn't good at all)!! ^____^

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Jan 23rd, '06, 06:40

Lets see..

My user name/nick: It's just my first and lat name..

My avatar: It's Itoh Misaki..Such a nice actress

My Sig: It's Nana Eikura from Kiken na Aneki..Another one of my favorite actresses

Schala

Post by Schala » Jan 23rd, '06, 12:27

Karo wrote: BTW I really like your Sig...
Thank you. ^o^ The guy in your sig though, isn't he from Summer Snow? Hmm...it looks like him. :3

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jan 23rd, '06, 12:51

Nick: From the anime, X , which got me really hooked.
Avatar: My love for wonbin :wub:
Sig: Current bf and me, but this sig might change soon :roll

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 23rd, '06, 14:12

nick: stems from a time when one wave of irony after another seemed to crash over me... it just stuck...
avatar: being the sukebe obasan i am, i like to ogle younger men, johnny's entertainment provides me with much of my viewing pleasure... jin still ranks number one, however... Image
sig: is self-explanatory... in both cases... Image

EDIT: decided to give toshi some uptime on ava... :wub:
Last edited by ironicwave on Feb 10th, '06, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 23rd, '06, 14:35

^ I like your "Unable to give a damn" sig :lol

Nick - I borrowed it from a friend in Starcraft. His profile said "Starcraft is my 8th sin"
Avatar - Subbing Saiyuuki right now... Just took a screencap and modified a bit.
Sig - This is a remake of a magazine ad for Chrono Trigger OST that I made. It says "My ears (rather than eyes) remember the memorable scenes". It's been my favorite slogan for more than 10 years, and I now link this sig to a site that sells dorama OST that I like.

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Jan 23rd, '06, 15:56

Nick: I got mine from one of my really good friends' mom. For some strange reason, I was trying to come up with a nick and then, I started thinking about my friend's mom. She has generalized schizophrenia. If she's not on her medication, her symptoms are manifested in audio and visual hallucinations - she sees and hears ghosts (often she dreams of ghosts coming out of the walls in her room while she's sleeping). So I came up with GhstDreamer.

*Whew* that was a long explanation

Userpic: It changes but right now it's Jerry

Sig: It often changes - right now it's a quote from one of my favourite shows Millenium.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Jan 23rd, '06, 16:13

Schala wrote:
Karo wrote: BTW I really like your Sig...
Thank you. ^o^ The guy in your sig though, isn't he from Summer Snow? Hmm...it looks like him. :3
It's him!! ^^ haha... It's Dohmoto Tsuyoshi. ^___^
I liked him in that show already.. but then I found him in this amazing drama - kimi to ita mirai no tame ni - I'll be back...
I think he's great!!! Yay!!! :cheers: (^ o ^)

shimy bimy

Post by shimy bimy » Jan 23rd, '06, 19:53

this is a really co0ol thread!!! 8)
ok..here goes..

NICK: SHIMY BIMY...that's my nickname ever1 calls me that!! my english teacher was the first to call me then it just stuck to me whereva i went! :D

AVATAR: i like this actress..she's very kawaii!! (also when i was signing up.. my cousin told me to choose this pic as an avatar)

SIGGIE: i am one of BI"S biggest fans :wub: .....i love this guy to death :wub: ....and i really wished to meet him 2day on my birthday!!! :whistling:

sometimes...i feel that i am perfect. 8) .and this is a way of expressing it .lo0o0l ..jk... :P .

cees

Post by cees » Jan 23rd, '06, 19:59

well my nickname was originally taken from 1 of the arabic star academy contestents and now every1 calls me cees ...........and my avater has Song and Bi both r the actors of full house btw i think that they r a good couple.....and about my Sig well iam a big fan of Bi so why not let my sig on the person that i love most

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 23rd, '06, 20:02

Nickname: Uhh...Was kinda stuck at making a username but I was looking at Rain's picture while thinking about the wizard of oz..Lol.

Avatar: Someone made it and ISWAK is my favorite series so far

Sig: Had a random conversation with my blonde friend that was funny.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 23rd, '06, 20:06

Nick: I was "Dr. Tomoe", but then became good friends with someone who had that one 2 years before I did, so I gave it up for pokute (an edible animal in the Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu anime - and, by the way, the creators got the word "pokute" from a sound clip of Muhammad Ali Stuttering).

Avatar: It's Guu!! Guu is the most dangerous character ever created! She is, like 10 times more dangerous than anything that Stephen King ever dreamed up out of his coke-addled, alcoholic, smashed open in an auto accident little brain! So, she acts as a warning... The little "fansubber" flag addendum is my proudest piece of jewelry, given to me by iceberri when I asked for it after editing the complete subs for Nobuta. It took me three years to get up the nerve to actually contribute to a fansub project... and it's a blast!!

Signature: which I never use, is just a boring list of the fansub projects I am currently working on

roona

Post by roona » Jan 23rd, '06, 20:34

MY NICK NAME WAS INSPIRED FROM MY NAME AND MY SMALL COUSIN WAS CALLING ME WITH THAT NICK NAME IT WAS KAWAIIIIIII!!! WHEN SHE SAID IT AND I JUST CANT STOP LOVING THAT NICK
:):):):):):)::):)
AVATAR I TOOK IT FROM MY FRIEND WHEN SHE WAS USING IT ON HER PICTURE DISPLAY AT MSN AND SO I ASKED HER TO SEND ME THAT PIC COZ ITS DAMM NICE AND I ALSO LOVE SKETCHES I LIKE TO DRAW SKETCHES AND ALSO MANGA I THINK THIS WAS GOOD REASON FOR ME TO STEAL IT FROM HER HAHAHA SOO NOUGHTY

AND FINALLY I DONT HAVE SIG I HOPE I CAN DO ONE BUT I AM NOT SO GOOD AT PHOTOSHOP ..

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jan 23rd, '06, 20:51

Sorry to bore some of the members here, but here goes:

Nick: I came up with my nick after one of my favorite actresses and a name generator. The "yt" part is for my favorite actress Yamaguchi Tomoko and the "toshi" part came from one of those name generator sites that I did for fun. Put the two together and you get "yt_toshi".

Avatar: I started out using a clip from the last episosde of Orange Days, where Kai opened up a letter from Sae and all he saw was a circle on a piece of paper. After awhile, I got bored of it and decided to use Bunchies after going to another forum. I thought that the avatar looked cool and I've stuck with it ever since.

Sig: I started out attacking a lot of the newbies on this site and made a message about how they should be searching for their answers through the FAQ and not disrupting the fansubbers by questioning them about when a sub will come out. However, I canned it and decided to write what I think about this site and the information that is available in the form of a FAQs, stickies, links and other member responses (of course, there are exceptions when it comes to questions that can't be answered with the information that is available here): "D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!"

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 23rd, '06, 21:16

Nick: Back in the old VHS fansub days, my favorite series was Marmalade Boy. One day while browsing the music CDs at a local comic/anime store I saw Marmalade Voice!(a.k.a. Marmalade Boy OST Vol. 3) and bought it. I really enjoyed the song "Saigo no Yakusoku", or as I liked to call it "Meiko's Sad Theme". I decided to use it as my nick but it was too long so I decided to shorten it. With the X and Rurouni Kenshin manga in my mind I decided to make is saigo_x. FIN.

Sig: n/a

fairx

Post by fairx » Jan 23rd, '06, 21:35

nick: fairx I used to submit comics / manga for local magazine and the story is titled; Fairlady. Soon I got attached to that name but internet nick using "fairlady" is a though luck so I change it to fairladyx and eventually became fairx

avatar: The best chemistry driven shoujo manga I've ever read. Kameyama Fuuko from Parfait Tic

sig: a green mouse hill and smiling clouds.. PC mouse & Shiranai Sora (song by Saneyoshi Isako - PetoPeto-san OP)

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Jan 23rd, '06, 22:04

Mines easy - my name is russ, so internet pseudonyme started as cyber-russ -> cyberus -> cerberus
The picture is obviously an illustration of the guardian to hades' underworld in Greek mythology - Cerberus.
Where cerberus is not available, my latest extrapolation which i use is threeheadedpuppy, which is a lot more unique.
I've never understood the point of sigs, apart from making forum pages take that little bit longer to load, and much longer to scroll through. I never use them.

ademala

Post by ademala » Jan 23rd, '06, 22:13

my nickname is from my real name.. ade nirmala --- ademala
my avatar.. i took it from the bi's collection picture and resize it to fit into avatar..
my signature.. currently i'm watching and following the serial of ISWAK, therefore.. i took the image from google resize it and named it use photoshp cs..

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Jan 26th, '06, 09:53

Talking of avatars - where'd they all go?! I had to reupload mine, as it was blank!!

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 26th, '06, 11:07

Nick: Techie (Is obvious) to all except lilswtangel who thought it was a pun on the Japanese for H :P Well it's work related and not a dirty old guy sitting here... :blink or... hmmm

Ava: A guy I built a site for wanted a pair of nasty eyes on his site, and I got him some others. These where to good to waste on clients, even paying ones. If you look deep in the pupils, you will see Anzai Hiriko in a swimsuit. Took some copying and pasting to get right but it worked finally. :unsure: guess I retract that about not a dirty old guy huh :lol

Sig: Well I just changed it again... hmmm didnt think of one but will shortly I bet. So it's very short right now.

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Jan 27th, '06, 06:22

Nick: Actually full nick is Sesshu Kidemo Kotoyumu> name derived from a really way back memory....

Avatar: None Currently into I finish the masterpiece!

Sig: Is derived from Densha Otoko Anime character mina, which im waiting patiently for the OAV to be releasied Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina <Lunar Bunny Weapon: Mina> the 12 androids are going to rule (everyone get your mina statutes there going pretty fast XD)

skachild

Re: how did u come up with your nick?, avatar and siggy..

Post by skachild » Feb 1st, '06, 15:15

skachild wrote:how did you come up with your:

nick- Skachild, i love SKA song...when i was in highschool.. we use to form a band for competition and i will use trumpet as my instrument.. thats why they call me the Ska Child(budak ska) hahaha... thats how i got my name skachild. :thumright:

avatar- dunno & dont care.. :glare:

signature- accept 4 ska..im a fan of LMF.. bcause there all are very lazy ma hehehe... :clap:
just change my avatar... use to be a pic of park ji-sung (Manchester united player.. 8) ) but know i change the pic to Crystal Liu Yi Fei ( a scene from chinese paladin) im become one of her fan after watching chinese paladin & cannot wait for her new drama ROCH 06 :P

Super_Nerd

Post by Super_Nerd » Feb 1st, '06, 15:23

Super_Nerd is the adj. oppisite to my charatcter...s0o that i can f0ol around my friends

Sousday

Post by Sousday » Feb 1st, '06, 22:19

Nick: I'm used to using Aya or Ayane as my nick but they are taken so i choose Sousday who means Hello in khmer^^
Avatar: the image is from a manga called Erementar gerad... don't know what it talks about, i just find the image too cute so i made an avatar with it :P
Sign: I made my sign with the pix that made me fall in love with Akame :heart:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 3rd, '06, 03:00

Princeton Girl -- came from my ultimate fave movie -A Cinderella Story depicted by Hilary Duff-: the story goes with mine and it relates on me somehow. although i love fairy tales but fairy tales happened only on movies.. but dreams do come true and one thing i've learned from that movie also is that... *never let the fear of striking you out keep you from playing the game* - - ders always be chances and CHANCES ARE, so since time is the essence, grab it while it is still hot.

and on my sig. hmmp that's me. i stand only 5'1 in height. petite but smart :D

agiri

Post by agiri » Feb 4th, '06, 03:24

nick: my name's anisha giri. hence anisha giri. simple enough right?

avatar: took a good 30 mins to make, but it was inspired by my undying love for BI.

signature: it's called: good, old fashioned advertisement for the fanfic i'm currently writing featuring: surprise, surprise, BI!. Lol. Also took a b.tch load of time to make. >_>;;

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 9th, '06, 06:05

YouShan is my Chinese name. You means friend (Peng You). Shan means mountain (Shan Shang).
My avatar: just found her and think she was hot.
My Sig: Lazy to make one, hopefully I'll make one soon.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 9th, '06, 06:34

YouShan wrote:YouShan is my Chinese name. You means friend (Peng You). Shan means mountain (Shan Shang).
hmmm that's mandarin chinese huh. likewise, i have this chinese bloodline but not in nature. i dont even practice much about the culture, nor even the fengshui. hmmmp.

peng you means "friend" right? like when i say "chuni peng yu" -- happy friend :)
what about.. shi de? it means *yes* right? hmm i dont know much about the language, more likely my cousins does. :) happy to know you anyway. stay alive at d-addicts. :salut:

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Feb 9th, '06, 07:56

pRincEton giRL wrote:Princeton Girl -- came from my ultimate fave movie -A Cinderella Story depicted by Hilary Duff-: the story goes with mine and it relates on me somehow. although i love fairy tales but fairy tales happened only on movies.. but dreams do come true and one thing i've learned from that movie also is that... *never let the fear of striking you out keep you from playing the game* - - ders always be chances and CHANCES ARE, so since time is the essence, grab it while it is still hot.

and on my sig. hmmp that's me. i stand only 5'1 in height. petite but smart :D
i knew it! anyway u're ryt, that movie is really something... i also loved it.. :-)

anyway i got my nick from a mag.. a girl said something about being red and dizzy.. and then i sorta came up with the thought of what i would feel after drinking too much.. coz i've never done that before.. and so that was it.. i'd get allredndizzy :P

i haven't the time to put an avatar yet...

my siggy serves as a reminder for me to take things as they come.. and not to plan too much.. although you should think about ur future.. coz trying to control ur future so much sometimes entails u to forego the life that u could be living now.. i hope i'm making sense here!.. i've just had to many regrets that's y..

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 9th, '06, 08:00

SunStar...well....

SUN= meaning of my first name in my native language...
STAR= meaning of my name with my first and middle names together...

so... put it together and get SunStar.... LOL...

i didn't want to get stuck with only one series or person... so i chose my own and i can fall in love with any characters or series and not feel guilty... LOL

as for my avatar... i'm currently anticipating ISWAK 20... so it's taking up most of my mind...
as for my signature... i'm currently occupied with thoughts of Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun... they're filling up every spot of my heart... so i couldn't possbily leave them out... LOL

that's it for me...

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 9th, '06, 08:01

oopss.... i actually don't have an avatar anymore...

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 9th, '06, 08:19

allredndizzy wrote:my siggy serves as a reminder for me to take things as they come.. and not to plan too much.. although you should think about ur future.. coz trying to control ur future so much sometimes entails u to forego the life that u could be living now.. i hope i'm making sense here!.. i've just had to many regrets that's y..
whew i like what you've said. it gives me a moment to think about it. now i've come to my conclusions that the subject of your life is what merely you can achieve right now, not knowing other plans that somehow out of reach or unreachable... certainly, you made a point! that's positive. what you care most about is your short-term plans and not much about in the long-run... (if am not mistaken) so you would have less worry and circumspectly free. :thumright:

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Feb 9th, '06, 08:38

pRincEton giRL wrote:
allredndizzy wrote:my siggy serves as a reminder for me to take things as they come.. and not to plan too much.. although you should think about ur future.. coz trying to control ur future so much sometimes entails u to forego the life that u could be living now.. i hope i'm making sense here!.. i've just had to many regrets that's y..
whew i like what you've said. it gives me a moment to think about it. now i've come to my conclusions that the subject of your life is what merely you can achieve right now, not knowing other plans that somehow out of reach or unreachable... certainly, you made a point! that's positive. what you care most about is your short-term plans and not much about in the long-run... (if am not mistaken) so you would have less worry and circumspectly free. :thumright:
yeah.. coz what's the point of being alive if you're not living hehe! but we should also think about our future.. i guess i'm just saying that too much of everything is not good... :-)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 9th, '06, 08:39

:lol here goes:

nick: P0KEY comes from just random fooling around with my friend`s little brother, and we kept poking him, so i became the "pokeyman", and since my real name is Amy, i became Amos D. Pokeyman. and hence, wha-la! P0KEY stuck with me ever since :-)

avator: episode 19 screencapture of ISWAK. that scene has got to be the most cutest scenes i have ever seen. joe = :heart: (its kinda weird though, i kinda messed it up with my imageready, but was too lazy to fix it ^^)

sig: my current infatuation with ISWAK!!! ^___^ and joe, again is awesome. :-)

chunu

Post by chunu » Feb 9th, '06, 08:43

hi guys...this looks fun...

Nick:.....chunu = it means sweet / love ~ I have always called my nephews and niece by this :-)

Avatar:...well it was a flower before but just wanted to mess around with the avatar.

Signature:....My Girl is my favorite romance / comedy....just learned how to make those
pictures :-) hopefully I'll learn how to make more different signature soon. BTW...does anyone like my signatures? :-)

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Feb 9th, '06, 08:55

i think it's nice :-) although a bit cheeky.. hehe! peace! 8)

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 10th, '06, 06:14

pRincEton giRL wrote:
YouShan wrote:YouShan is my Chinese name. You means friend (Peng You). Shan means mountain (Shan Shang).
hmmm that's mandarin chinese huh. likewise, i have this chinese bloodline but not in nature. i dont even practice much about the culture, nor even the fengshui. hmmmp.

peng you means "friend" right? like when i say "chuni peng yu" -- happy friend :)
what about.. shi de? it means *yes* right? hmm i dont know much about the language, more likely my cousins does. :) happy to know you anyway. stay alive at d-addicts. :salut:
Dui (correct), ni shuo (you said) de dui (it right). :thumleft:

Do you have a mandarin name? or a canto name?
If I would translate mine to Cantonese, it would be Yao San instead of You Shan.
I only know like very few words of cantonese. The only reason why I know cantonese is because mandarin make it easier, ahha.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 10th, '06, 06:20

my nick....letters of my name. Easy to remember. Creating too many nicks for however many forums....i'll forget so i just go with this :lol
My avatar and sig are pics of Ueto Aya. Why? I think thats easy to figure out :mrgreen:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 10th, '06, 07:09

YouShan wrote:Dui (correct), ni shuo (you said) de dui (it right). :thumleft:

If I would translate mine to Cantonese, it would be Yao San instead of You Shan.
I only know like very few words of cantonese. The only reason why I know cantonese is because mandarin make it easier, ahha.
shi de!! mandarin is much easier or pinyin.
hmmm bu or wu chinese name.. i dont have. i wasnt even enrolled in a chinese skul.. :cry: my cousins just thought me few mandarin words...

dou xie (many thanks) youshan. :thumright:

goketsu

Post by goketsu » Feb 10th, '06, 07:39

My nick is mix of letters, a not properly anagram, of "gokusen" ( infact, letter "n" take the place of "t").

My avatar is about my favourite drama xian yian (chinese paladin)

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 10th, '06, 19:43

my nick came from a hk friend of mine, he was known as yiu_sky but when he went to hk to study i thought it would be nice if i had wingsky, something that sounded similar to that! otherwise translated as wing tin (cantonese) or wong tian (putonghwa).

my signature? my soon to be blog when i figured out how to do it :P

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 10th, '06, 21:50

pRincEton giRL wrote:
YouShan wrote:Dui (correct), ni shuo (you said) de dui (it right). :thumleft:

shi de!! mandarin is much easier or pinyin.
hmmm bu or wu chinese name.. i dont have. i wasnt even enrolled in a chinese skul.. :cry: my cousins just thought me few mandarin words...

dou xie (many thanks) youshan. :thumright:
bu yong ke qi (no need for politeness or you're welcome)
im not good with choosing names for people, so yeah
I would probably choose a name for you right now, ahah :mrgreen:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 10th, '06, 23:27

YouShan wrote:bu yong ke qi (no need for politeness or you're welcome)
san honto ni? (really in japanese, jeremiah thought me that, heheh :D).. okei, give me the nicest name.. am gonna make use of that.. actually my name is ashely.. so if you have a chinese version of that.. i would gladly take it :whistling: :D

luith

Post by luith » Feb 10th, '06, 23:42

"luith" is what my friends and family call me, short for my name, Luithet.
Avatar is from Nana the movie, and my signature is from Palace :heart:

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Feb 10th, '06, 23:55

Nickname: My nick name was taken from a character played by Ryoko Hirosue in the movie My Love Collage. Love Ryoko Hirosue, Love the character she's playing in the movie and love the movie. Thus, the name was taken and used in almost all of the community I joined :mrgreen:

Avvie: Self-made animated gif. Yes, I made it myself and in case you didnt know it's from a performance by Shuuji to Akira at Music Station Super Live :whistling:

Siggie: Another self-made animated gif of all my hunny bunny :P

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Feb 12th, '06, 06:34

nick: Jecky is what my close cousins call me,basicly my nickname in real life :lol
avatar:i change it every month to my favorite guy of the month :wub:
sig: My favorite drama of the day/week/month...what i feel like :D

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 12th, '06, 14:12

nick : well in arabic we add "ah" to make the word in it's feminine form,sooooo I just added Ah to Crazy to make it sound feminine XD
avatar : just found this pic while surfing and liked it XD
sig : I just got this picture off a website that kinki's made with her friends in their japanese club @ their university XD it's a picture of a UAE girl,wearing a traditional UAE dress having the colours of the UAE flag XD
my sig also has the titles of dramas that I'm currently watching :D

Rinoa Heartilly

Post by Rinoa Heartilly » Feb 12th, '06, 17:52

Nick: Back in the day I was obsessed with a game called Final Fantasy VIII, Rinoa Heartilly is the main female character from it.

Avatar: I've recently become a huge Nishikido Ryo fan, and I thought he looked absolutely adorable with the cap on.

Siggy: Don't have one yet!

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 13th, '06, 00:37

pRincEton giRL wrote:
YouShan wrote:bu yong ke qi (no need for politeness or you're welcome)
san honto ni? (really in japanese, jeremiah thought me that, heheh :D).. okei, give me the nicest name.. am gonna make use of that.. actually my name is ashely.. so if you have a chinese version of that.. i would gladly take it :whistling: :D
Okay :lol Don't laugh at the name I thought of. Took me a while to think of a name . And it almost rhymes with Ashley.

愛礼
Ai Li
Love Ritual, I believe Li is ritual, someone can correct me on that if you want.
Ai has a forth tone, so it has a downward tone.
Li has a third tone, so it goes down then up
Li is a simplified character, I don't know the traditional :crazy:

愛礼 Ashley. :lol
Hope I did a good job, because I'm not that good with Chinese and I don't really know how to choose a name.
Last edited by Deleted User 44190 on Feb 13th, '06, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Feb 13th, '06, 05:01

YouShan wrote:Okay :lol Don't laugh at the name I thought of. Took me a while to think of a name. And it almost rhymes with Ashley.

愛礼
Ai Li
Love Ritual, I believe Li is ritual, someone can correct me on that if you want.

Hope I did a good job, because I'm not that good with Chinese and I don't really know how to choose a name.
:lol it's okei. now that i have that name, rest assured that would be the name i'm gonna make used of. xiexie; duo xie YouShan. yeeeppppeyy i'm so happy (really happy) i have both the character name and the meaning. *whew* .. now you have my kiss ... muaaaaaahhhh hugzzzz :wub: heheheh :D

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 13th, '06, 06:29

pRincEton giRL wrote:
YouShan wrote:Okay :lol Don't laugh at the name I thought of. Took me a while to think of a name. And it almost rhymes with Ashley.

愛礼
Ai Li

:lol it's okei. now that i have that name, rest assured that would be the name i'm gonna make used of. xiexie; duo xie YouShan. yeeeppppeyy i'm so happy (really happy) i have both the character name and the meaning. *whew* .. now you have my kiss ... muaaaaaahhhh hugzzzz :wub: heheheh :D
Bu ke qi, Ai Li. I'm glad that you like it :wub: , makes me wanna :cry:.
Awesome, now I feel like :study: some more for next week classes. :lol

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Feb 13th, '06, 06:50

heh, it's pretty interesting hearing people explain their nicks. i recognized the ones from anime or gaming :)
as for me, my nick comes from two places. the 'ono' which means delicious in hawaiian is a reference to a good ol' middle/high school buddy of mine (oh back in the day) who used it as part of his own AOL sn. the 'turtle' part has its origins again from middle/high school where there was this girl who called me 'turtle' for one reason or another. so when i signed up for AOL all those years ago, i put those two together and bam! instant classic sn. i can't let go of it.

as for the other stuff, nothing special. if i remember correctly, my avatar should be kim yujin (or just plain old eugene). my fav of the SES group. my sig is one of the better kdramas i watched last year, fashion 70's. i suppose both need an updated to reflect my current viewing interests :)

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Feb 13th, '06, 07:42

My nick is a combo of my car and my hair color. Just kinda rang together I guess. ::shrugs::

My avatar is Kangta. I don't change my avatar often but it's usually of one of many male hotties I'm smitten for.

My sig is from the movie Napoleon Dynamite which is a movie I find ridiculously funny.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Feb 13th, '06, 07:48

Nick - It's because my name is derrived from it

Avatar - I love Otsuka Ai songs a lot

Sig - DraManiacs banner - Akira from HYD.

fujitofu

Post by fujitofu » Feb 13th, '06, 08:16

wow interesting topic!!

ID... it's not really my nick, i got it a few years ago, when i first learned to surf on the inet

only know two jap words back then, one is FUJI from Mt. Fuji, and the other is TOFU, the food =]

avatar... just thought the pic was really cool!! the eyes are beautiful!

sig... I LOVE OGURI SHUN

that's about all i have to say

actually, i colored these yesterday by myself^^

asian_grl

Post by asian_grl » Feb 14th, '06, 08:11

umm.. i'm asian.. n i'm a grl.. therefore asian_grl.. bow down to my creativity.

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 15th, '06, 07:04

hahahah

i used to have aznboi

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 15th, '06, 07:44

lololol... the whole "azn_fill in the blank" bring back so many memories XD

i had like "azn_pryde" or something like that (i forgot) during the "asian pryde" phase, and then i went through the "angel", "baby", "heaven", "baby girl" etc.. phase :lol

ex: SwTaZnBaBiIGrL or something like that :rofl: and that was also during the eVeRyOnE tYpEd LyK dIs KuZ dAt WaZz ShOo KeWl At Da TiMe Nd IsH sHo AnNoYiN' nOw LyK sErIoUsLy :whistling:

it's beginnnig to seem like all a blur.... :P

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 15th, '06, 08:10

Hahaha, I remember having AzNpRiDe, then people started thinking I was in some sort of a gang... So I was like.. okay.... so I changed it. Haha.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 15th, '06, 08:13

YouShan wrote:Hahaha, I remember having AzNpRiDe, then people started thinking I was in some sort of a gang... So I was like.. okay.... so I changed it. Haha.
lmao, there was totally like a phase where i am, and like EVERYONE had an username like that XD

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 15th, '06, 15:59

Go asian pride!! Haha, I don't know why they chose me to think I was in a gang when the name is already SO common during that time.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Feb 15th, '06, 17:24

Changed my sig but i think some ppl might be ignoring me since it's so big. :lol
It's from Boku dake no madonna.

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Feb 15th, '06, 21:37

It's so HUGE. Haha.

skachild

Post by skachild » Feb 19th, '06, 10:16

just change my avatar to Ishihara Satomi pic... :wub: :wub:

a scene from drama call Nurse Aoi, can download here at Nurse Aoi

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Feb 20th, '06, 10:07

I like kamui6's sig too :P
My name is from two characters of Studio Ghibli: >Haru< is the girl in "Neko no ongaeshi (the cat's return)" which I came to like. Since this name alone isn't available anymore in most forums I got another one, >Haku< which is the name of the Boy in "Sen to Chihiro... (spirited away), another character I'm very fond of. --> >hakuharu< Besides that I'm told that haru means "spring" and haku is a word for "oak tree"... fine with me

avatar: usually some pic I like and is fun to look at. For now it's Nakama Yukie in "Trick".

sig: my best friend asked me what's it supposed to say :glare: ma na, nevermind, just live your life so you can be glad you lived :dance: