The Identification Thread for Celebrities

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 22nd, '07, 19:56

There is a thread for this kind of question already HERE.

But regardless the drama you are looking for is Ping Pong. You can buy the DVDs at yesasia but it doesn't have subs.

Dreamfall

Post by Dreamfall » Jun 23rd, '07, 21:59

Ppl...I can't find any pic...me so sad now....sniff...If anyone could try it for me pleaseeeee....
That guy said "Travel to Korea".....site is travel2korea.com ...but all I found was some crazy lists of arangments...bleh

blueashlee1

Post by blueashlee1 » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:08

Is it this? "Tour 2 Korea"?

deshou

Post by deshou » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:21

Aha, must be the guy at the end that says "Korea Sparkling" :D Ive seen this cm before, in eurosport or something, but sadly dunno who the guy is.... :unsure:

* here is the same cm, slightly different i think...

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:23

Apparently it is Rain/Bi

Well if the commercial from the link someone up there posted is the one the original poster is talking about

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:35

How cute.. Korea Sparkuling. :lol

vivanix

Post by vivanix » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:41

This is what I can remember of the plot: 1 (or2) girls got stuck in a college house thingy with a bunch of guys. And they had to learn to get along. The girl then falls for this guy in the house. I remember that in one episode they had to cook but the boys cheated and bought the food from a restruant and the girl couldnt cook... so when she cooked it was a disaster. Then a guy taught her how to cook. Sorry if that makes no sense XD
It was set in modern china. I dont know ifi ts from hong kong, china, taiwan etc but it was in mandrin. I'm positive that it was produced before the summer of 2004. This might be totally wrong but I keep thinking that the title had something to do with apples like "the apple house" or something like that but it can be totally off.

Dreamfall

Post by Dreamfall » Jun 24th, '07, 11:39

I'll see if Rain suits to the guy from comercial...Hope he does...Thanks ppl! BIG HUG!

Saucepacket

Post by Saucepacket » Jun 28th, '07, 03:46

Alright....mines going to be very very vague but here I go. D:

I'm pretty sure it's a chinese drama. That or it's in a variant of chinese. (mandarin, cantonese, etc. ) I know it's newer, 2000+. Now all I can say is that it had a stylish and catchy opening that i'm going to look for once I remember the name of the drama. xD

All I can describe is from the first half of the first episode. D; It's all I saw.

It starts out with a big group of teens walking like they're the coolest kids in town and rebels. Then they jump a big wall to their school, which has a part of school seperated for just them...or something.

I think there might have been a part where they describe some epic fight between some characters...maybe even some guy leaving home having a christian mom and dad and being a goody two shoes and then getting on his motorcycle and being some sort of bad boy. (There's a good chance that last description is from a different drama though, since I really vaguely remember this. xD )

The last part I saw was the big group in a classroom arguing, then there's two male students and a dominant female student up in the front of the classroom bickering about something. I think there was going to be a new leader or something. o_O

That's all I can give you, hopefully someone knows this one. ._.;;;

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 28th, '07, 03:53

@Saucepacket: that sounds like KO One. the jumping the school wall thing kinda gave it away. :-) and the thing about the christian mom & dad...that's Jiro's character in the drama

ljkluvr11

Post by ljkluvr11 » Jun 28th, '07, 04:04

ok...
here it goes...
there's dis drama dat i watched a few years ago in viet
and don't remember the title at all
i don't know the actor or actresses...
so hopefully u guys know..
ok, here's the plot,
dere's dis group of bois who, i htink, come from a rich family and kinda bully eveyone else, it is NOT hana yori dango, cus i remember it's chinese or taiwanese..
and there's this group of girls and there's one in particular dat on the first day of skool got her shirt dirty
and then there's a bunch of them
and i remember there's one scene in the series where the bois are given red ribbons and then they cud give it to the girl who they think is the cutest......
and in the end, the bois and girls go to skool together, and then ran into a group of new kids who are basicly the exact copy of then in the begining of the movie...
if some one know plz tell me
cus i love the song in dat movie
i think it's by fiona or some one
and also, the five leaf clover play a big part in the movie....
thnx in advance for whoever cud give me the title
:D

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 28th, '07, 04:23

Well, there is a Taiwanese version of Hana Yori Dango called Meteor Garden but I don't think that's the right one.
The skirt thing sounds very familiar but I can't place it.

ljkluvr11

Post by ljkluvr11 » Jun 28th, '07, 04:36

also the name of the song is proud of u by fiona...and no i'm sure it's not meteor garden...
well help me!!

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jun 28th, '07, 04:37

I don't think it's Meteor Garden if the girl got her shirt dirty on the first day.. but the group of boys that are rich were close ^^;; were there 4 boys?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 28th, '07, 05:06

ljkluvr11

Post by ljkluvr11 » Jun 28th, '07, 05:51

omg!!!!
thank you habukie!!!!
it was heart of fencing!!!!
and there's a second one?
wowzer..
is the storyline continue or did it just start off wit another one?
cus i saw the cover and it was volley ball instead of fencing,
anyway
thnx. i forgot the fencing part and it was the major thing, but now i found it :D

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 29th, '07, 05:54

^^i'm glad one of those was the right one. unfortunately i haven't watched either of them so i can't tell you much about the storylines. i only found it by searching for the theme song that you mentioned. :-)

ljkluvr11

Post by ljkluvr11 » Jun 30th, '07, 02:32

O.o
well the first one was good.
and the dudes were cute too
and it have a cute love story...
u cud try and watch lovers...i jus recently watched dat drama, but it's been out for a while,

Saucepacket

Post by Saucepacket » Jul 1st, '07, 05:44

...la la la >_>;
Last edited by Saucepacket on Jul 2nd, '07, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 1st, '07, 06:56

habukie wrote:@Saucepacket: that sounds like KO One. the jumping the school wall thing kinda gave it away. :-) and the thing about the christian mom & dad...that's Jiro's character in the drama
habukie did answer you. It's KO One. I 100% back up that answer too.
And trust me.... I KNOW. :lol

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Jul 2nd, '07, 04:44

It definitely is KO One :P Be sure to watch the sequel, X-Family, this summer!!! Should be airing soon!

Saucepacket

Post by Saucepacket » Jul 2nd, '07, 18:20

habukie wrote:@Saucepacket: that sounds like KO One. the jumping the school wall thing kinda gave it away. :-) and the thing about the christian mom & dad...that's Jiro's character in the drama
YAY Thanks. xD <3

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 5th, '07, 22:57

this shouldn't be in this topic, but starting a new topic for it doesn't feel right either >_<;

i've watched this movie about 3-5 years ago (i was only about 8-10, details might be incorrect o_o)

synopsis it's about this girl who's high class, rich, a nice job and owns an apartment and has a boyfriend/admirer. one day she drives too fast and hits someone on a bike who's doing a delivery and he's sent to the hospital with a broken leg. missing info the girl loses her job (reason?) and it so happens that the person she hit was the 'leader' of a group of people who do deliveries on bikes and a spot was to be filled, so she took the spot and learned to love another member of the group. in the end there is a challenge between this group and another group of delivery guys on motorcycles and by this time the girl gets her job + apartment back but decides to go and help her friennds. happy ever after

in the end it shows her almost kissing her boyfriend~ lol don't know if that's necessary

help please? ^__^ i loved this movie

ichiball

Re: High School comedy/drama

Post by ichiball » Jul 13th, '07, 23:27

ichiball wrote:I'm hoping for some help although my details are kinda vague...

I remember seeing this in 2003/2004 on cable in Los Angeles. I don't know if that's the original air date or not, but I remember that when this drama ended My MVP Valentine began.

It was about a bunch of high school students and their teachers. The cast seemed to rotate and evolve. I started watching maybe mid-way though the season and by the end it had a few different people and some of the original people weren't there anymore. The story wandered around a bit and it just showed typical high school issues but gave them a comedic twist at times. I do remember something about a new student coming in and the girls all swooning after him. Dancing. Yeah, there was some choreographed dancing too...like boy band style.

I remember the theme song was a Chinese version of Asereje (by Las Ketchup). Here's a link to how the song sounds on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XubVpeq4E20

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched on the wiki through the TW dramas and nothing seems familiar.

Thanks!
Any luck with this? It's almost as if this never existed and I just dreamt it all or something. I've asked my friends who like to watch TW dramas and they just look at me blankly like I'm crazy. :blink

SHD
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHD » Jul 13th, '07, 23:40

OnlyXainz wrote:this shouldn't be in this topic, but starting a new topic for it doesn't feel right either >_<;

i've watched this movie about 3-5 years ago (i was only about 8-10, details might be incorrect o_o)

synopsis it's about this girl who's high class, rich, a nice job and owns an apartment and has a boyfriend/admirer. one day she drives too fast and hits someone on a bike who's doing a delivery and he's sent to the hospital with a broken leg. missing info the girl loses her job (reason?) and it so happens that the person she hit was the 'leader' of a group of people who do deliveries on bikes and a spot was to be filled, so she took the spot and learned to love another member of the group. in the end there is a challenge between this group and another group of delivery guys on motorcycles and by this time the girl gets her job + apartment back but decides to go and help her friennds. happy ever after

in the end it shows her almost kissing her boyfriend~ lol don't know if that's necessary

help please? ^__^ i loved this movie
Messenger
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 002895906/

Puppet Princess

Re: High School comedy/drama

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 13th, '07, 23:51

ichiball wrote:
ichiball wrote:I'm hoping for some help although my details are kinda vague...

I remember seeing this in 2003/2004 on cable in Los Angeles. I don't know if that's the original air date or not, but I remember that when this drama ended My MVP Valentine began.

It was about a bunch of high school students and their teachers. The cast seemed to rotate and evolve. I started watching maybe mid-way though the season and by the end it had a few different people and some of the original people weren't there anymore. The story wandered around a bit and it just showed typical high school issues but gave them a comedic twist at times. I do remember something about a new student coming in and the girls all swooning after him. Dancing. Yeah, there was some choreographed dancing too...like boy band style.

I remember the theme song was a Chinese version of Asereje (by Las Ketchup). Here's a link to how the song sounds on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XubVpeq4E20

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched on the wiki through the TW dramas and nothing seems familiar.

Thanks!
Any luck with this? It's almost as if this never existed and I just dreamt it all or something. I've asked my friends who like to watch TW dramas and they just look at me blankly like I'm crazy. :blink
Well Comic Boyz did a version of Hey Ha! but I have no idea what drama is was used for.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Jul 15th, '07, 21:28

ichiball... Is it "Ma La Xian Shi"?? Or Happy Campus, Spicy Teacher, etc. 麻辣鮮師
I haven't seen it but it involves lots of characters (perhaps coming in and out) at a high school setting... I just know it included Jerry and Ken from F4. :P It's from around 1999 or 2000... long ago.

xostaywithmexo

A Song for the Sun

Post by xostaywithmexo » Jul 16th, '07, 05:39

hey all,

i don't really know if this is the right place to post this so . . . sorry if i got it wrong!

i had a question about - a song for the sun. who is the actress who plays the girl who has xp?

thanx!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 16th, '07, 06:32

The real question is: are you talking about the movie or the TV drama series?
They were both released at the same time, but had different actresses and different plots. Just the premise is the same...

TV = Sawajiri Erika
Movie = YUI

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 16th, '07, 23:33

wahh SHD thank you Y_Y
heh it's so unpopular xD

azntina

Anyone know this chinese drama??

Post by azntina » Aug 4th, '07, 05:50

I saw this in an online shop and try to google for more information but couldn't find anything on it. I'm a fan of chen hao and would like to see it because she's the star. But i don't want to buy a flop and end up getting bored out of my mind listening to non stop conversation between supporting actors. Can someone tell me the name of this series in english and is it action filled and fast-paced? Thanks in advance. :roll

xoxobabexoxogurlxoxo

Post by xoxobabexoxogurlxoxo » Aug 8th, '07, 01:19

i really need help finding a drama.......but i don't really know much about it..........please help me .............welll.......it 's about like ancient with like hecka martial arts fighting and there is like romance...........and i watched it on tv once like maybe 4 or 5 years ago.............please give the names of some dramas that might be like the drama i am talking about.........i am dying to watch it again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

auroragb

Re: Anyone know this chinese drama??

Post by auroragb » Aug 10th, '07, 15:50

azntina wrote:I saw this in an online shop and try to google for more information but couldn't find anything on it. I'm a fan of chen hao and would like to see it because she's the star. But i don't want to buy a flop and end up getting bored out of my mind listening to non stop conversation between supporting actors. Can someone tell me the name of this series in english and is it action filled and fast-paced? Thanks in advance. :roll

the title is 我的武林男友 English title is "The Legend of Love", which, unfortunately, is the same as the e-name of another c-drama. This is why I hate English names. Haven't seen it tho.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 10th, '07, 15:52

xoxobabexoxogurlxoxo wrote:i really need help finding a drama.......but i don't really know much about it..........please help me .............welll.......it 's about like ancient with like hecka martial arts fighting and there is like romance...........and i watched it on tv once like maybe 4 or 5 years ago.............please give the names of some dramas that might be like the drama i am talking about.........i am dying to watch it again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You just listed the qualities that narrows it down to 20% of the dramas. With 200+ dramas made/year (combine hk / tw / mainland), you're not likely to get much help unless you can narrow it down

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Anyone know this chinese drama??

Post by ethidda » Aug 16th, '07, 08:43

azntina wrote:I saw this in an online shop and try to google for more information but couldn't find anything on it. I'm a fan of chen hao and would like to see it because she's the star. But i don't want to buy a flop and end up getting bored out of my mind listening to non stop conversation between supporting actors. Can someone tell me the name of this series in english and is it action filled and fast-paced? Thanks in advance. :roll
I went and got a copy of it. The person who sold it said that it's pretty funny. I haven't watched it yet, though.

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Aug 22nd, '07, 21:10

I was recently in Mainland China, and saw a drama...it was more of a sitcom...called 家有儿女, anyone have an English title for it?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 22nd, '07, 22:08

^
home with kids

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Aug 22nd, '07, 22:30

i'm not too sure if this is a new or old drama but i've only watched like 2 episodes of it and i don't know the english name!! >__< it takes place in like... ancient time except it's not like ancient ancient.. somewhat like shanghai period-ish.. lol does that make sense?

summary:
started out with a wife who just lost her husband and she has 2 kids, a boy and a girl, then her in-laws said that her husband owned money and she needs to get married again to pay off the debt and so she agrees.
then the town people said that she's a bad person and b/c her husband just died and she's going to get married again. the in-laws promised her that she can bring her kids with her to her new husband house but they lie and didn't let her. after a few things happens she got her daughter back but not her son
she went to another town to get married to a guy who lost his wife and also have a son and a daughter. so just as they about to get married the guy's father cause some trouble because he was a little mental.
after the wedding ended her son came running to the house to find his mother and so they're reunited
after a few days the in-laws (the late husband's brother and his wife) came in and demand that the son to be return to them but they're only doing this because they want to inherit the land that the late husband left his son. so in all they're just greedy people
the new husband returns and said that the boy will stay with his family and also paid them some more money so they finally left them alone and went back to the other town.

i'm sorry that there are no names b/c i don't know how to spell their names! >__< and i'll be grateful if anyone can tell me this drama name in english

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:24

auroragb wrote:^
home with kids
Know where I can find it online?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 23rd, '07, 14:03

Ask in Habukie's thread. He's the best at finding stuff :)

nnt

Post by nnt » Aug 23rd, '07, 18:26

Does anyone know where and what name this drama is?

It says "The Kung Fu master" from Hong Kong but I cant seem to find it anywhere. So can anyone help me find the "real" name or the link to dl it! Thank you in advance!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 23rd, '07, 18:52

It says it in the title:
Kung Fu Master (KTV) 京城教一
http://search.btchina.net/search.php?qu ... %BB&type=0

viperx116

Post by viperx116 » Sep 16th, '07, 00:18

I'm looking for this old drama that's mostly in the 90s. It's a martial arts drama ala Condor Heroes. All I remember is this one scene where the guy was severely injured, then he entered this state where he turned into a cocoon (he was encased in webs). Once he got out of that state, he became powerful or something.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 16th, '07, 19:59

sounds like 天蠶變 or 天蠶再變

moh.vze.com

The sword and the chess of deat? [C-KungFu]?

Post by moh.vze.com » Sep 21st, '07, 19:06

I came across a Vietnamese site that had a movie called: "The sword and the chess of deat".

However, the movie was terribily viet dubbed by only 1 woman.

As a result, I am looking for the real title of this movie so I can download the original version and just read subtitles as I watch it.

I watched the preview and it looks like a really good movie.

Here is an image file of this movie:

Note: I haven't been on d-addicts forum in a while, so I don't remember what the rules are for posting. I'm not sure if this is in the correct section of the forums, but if it isn't, please move it and PM me the link for the new location. I really need to find this movie.

Thanks![/img]Image

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 21st, '07, 20:10

Maybe somebody can help me figure out this drama's name. It's a comedy. I think it was a chinese guy with a japanese? wife. they lived with his mom (grandma?). Whenever the two would go in the bedroom for some "fun time" the wife would hum the William Tell overture. Sorry if it's not much to work with ~_~

edit: oh, and i THINK the theme song lyrics were a guy saying "mei la"(sp?) over and over again.

moh.vze.com

Post by moh.vze.com » Sep 22nd, '07, 20:07

Sigh. Doesn't anyone here know where I can get the original Chinese vesion of this movie with ENG subs?

danceman001

Does anyone know the name of the Chinese Series described

Post by danceman001 » Sep 24th, '07, 15:28

I once say a chinese series very long ago about twin brothers that were seperated at birth. One grew up as a brat who would eventually meet people along the way that would straighten him out, he would also marry 4 women that he met along his travels.
His twin would grow up in a life of luxury. Some how their travels brings them together at and they have to batter an evil tyrant in the end. This twin ends up marrying one person he met along the way.
I do believe it is set in older times with lots of monks and temples etc. The brat brother had training from the monks at the first temple was at. but he was not good enough to be in the elite group and was in the 2nd rated group which ended up being a better rounded group.

Hope someone knows of the series that I'm talking about and I really want to get a hold of it.

Thanks

user1029

Post by user1029 » Sep 26th, '07, 01:47

what is the name of this drama and who are the actresses? Thanks!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 26th, '07, 04:54

moh.vze.com wrote:Sigh. Doesn't anyone here know where I can get the original Chinese vesion of this movie with ENG subs?
Please don't act so disgruntled. We're not an encyclopedia of dramas.

I have come across the show on 6feeling. If you really want, I can probably even find the torrent for you, for the Mandarin version. However, as far as I know, there are no English subs for it. And please do NOT request for subs, either, as that is against DA policy (and numerous other reasons).

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 26th, '07, 17:21

user1029 wrote:what is the name of this drama and who are the actresses? Thanks! ]
never seen it, but on the lower left, there was a name, so I googled it and found this
http://www.cnave.com/news/viewnews.php? ... &year=2006
If it's the right one than the title of the series is
后代

hecate

Post by hecate » Sep 26th, '07, 18:07

can anyone tell me what this drama is call? I remember it was a korean drama and it was several years ago. it was on tv. it was about this girl who had powers. I think she could control things with her mind, but I'm not too sure. I don't think that she knows. that's all that I remember.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 26th, '07, 19:11

Korean drama? Erm, maybe check in the kDrama forum? I think there is a similar thread there

SubZero375

can anyone name this drama for me?!?!?!?

Post by SubZero375 » Sep 26th, '07, 20:17

here s pic for it, if u canhelp that would be appreciated

Image[/img]

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 26th, '07, 20:34

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » Sep 26th, '07, 20:45

Is this series available anywhere?

SubZero375

Post by SubZero375 » Sep 26th, '07, 20:46

user1029

Post by user1029 » Sep 26th, '07, 20:49

thanks aurora! I had a feeling that was the name but I can't read Chinese lol :D

moh.vze.com

Re: The sword and the chess of deat? [C-KungFu]?

Post by moh.vze.com » Oct 7th, '07, 02:43

mod edit: have some patience. if nobody's answered you yet it might be because nobody knows
2nd edit: somebody's already answered you it seems

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 7th, '07, 02:47

moh.vze.com wrote:I came across a Vietnamese site that had a movie called: "The sword and the chess of deat".
That IS the name of the drama. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Sword_and ... s_of_Death

gtsomething

This is vague but..

Post by gtsomething » Oct 13th, '07, 07:44

ok, like 2 years ago, I went down to LA, Cali and since there was nothing to watch, I watched this cantonese drama with my family on DvD
Its modern...I actualy know very little about it, but I just know I liked it

Um...I actually forget alot of the storyline as well, but I'll tell what I remember, I remember...2 brothers, one's an actor or model and the other was (forgot) and they lived in a big family with a rather big house with a grandpa who was getting older and started to forget things (like he thought they ditched him on their weekly sunday dim sum but it was just saturday and he forgot), and theres this girl who worked for the actor and she meets the other brother but none of them know that they all know each other

For whatever reason (I forget again) the other brother (not the acting or modeling one), he took up cake lessons with this lady at her house, and he had to stir a mix with his hands and the lady kept turning it over above his head untill it stuck to the bowl and wouldn't fall, and then he like became a successful baker and opened up a shop or something, then they find out they're in this love triangle (the girl and the 2 brothers)

I really don't remember much about it, but I just liked it and I wana see it again, sry for the lack of info! I hope someone can help me

oh, and the brother who went into baking..he's a famous actor in HK (I think) he has like semi-long hair, and his nosei s kinda crocked in the middle?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

sour_pickles

Re: This is vague but..

Post by sour_pickles » Oct 16th, '07, 06:02

gtsomething wrote:ok, like 2 years ago, I went down to LA, Cali and since there was nothing to watch, I watched this cantonese drama with my family on DvD

Um...I actually forget alot of the storyline as well, but I'll tell what I remember, I remember...2 brothers, one's an actor or model and the other was (forgot) and they lived in a big family with a rather big house with a grandpa who was getting older and started to forget things (like he thought they ditched him on their weekly sunday dim sum but it was just saturday and he forgot), and theres this girl who worked for the actor and she meets the other brother but none of them know that they all know each other

For whatever reason (I forget again) the other brother (not the acting or modeling one), he took up cake lessons with this lady at her house, and he had to stir a mix with his hands and the lady kept turning it over above his head untill it stuck to the bowl and wouldn't fall, and then he like became a successful baker and opened up a shop or something, then they find out they're in this love triangle (the girl and the 2 brothers)

I really don't remember much about it, but I just liked it and I wana see it again, sry for the lack of info! I hope someone can help me

oh, and the brother who went into baking..he's a famous actor in HK (I think) he has like semi-long hair, and his nosei s kinda crocked in the middle?

should be "My Family". this series has the whole part about learning to bake and turning the cake mix upside down over his head until it doesn't drip, a forgetful grandpa, and two brothers that end up liking the same girl. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Family

gtsomething

Re: This is vague but..

Post by gtsomething » Oct 16th, '07, 06:05

sour_pickles wrote:
gtsomething wrote:ok, like 2 years ago, I went down to LA, Cali and since there was nothing to watch, I watched this cantonese drama with my family on DvD

should be "My Family". this series has the whole part about learning to bake and turning the cake mix upside down over his head until it doesn't drip, a forgetful grandpa, and two brothers that end up liking the same girl. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Family
omg! ty so much <3. If I could, i'd give a cookie

mod: please do not request subs

PacificPyro

Post by PacificPyro » Oct 18th, '07, 07:34

the show is called S.N.A.G.
suppose to mean.. Single New Age Guy...
its a chinese/singapore drama about a guy who has EVERYTHING... great place... great position at his career.... but.. he's getting to the age to realize.. even though he's happy with everything.. he has no love life... i finished this series back then... and im trying to find it... but i cant find it ANYWHERE... i searched places under SNAG... but i dont speak chinese so i cant figure out how to search it under the chinese name...

can someone please help me with this? i hope this is the right place to look for it..

citric_acid88

Post by citric_acid88 » Oct 25th, '07, 18:03

Hi

actualy i can only remember 1 scene of he drama

its bout this guy and girl kneeling down in the company to ask a rich girls grandfather to help save the company. the guy had rejected the rich girl for the other girl,
the rich girl later asked the grandfather to save the company.

the rich girl i think was taken care by her rich grandfather since very young as her parents had died or something.

moh.vze.com

Post by moh.vze.com » Oct 27th, '07, 20:29

Puppet Princess wrote:
moh.vze.com wrote:I came across a Vietnamese site that had a movie called: "The sword and the chess of deat".
That IS the name of the drama. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Sword_and ... s_of_Death
I came across an english ad of the series:

Are they making an english dub version?

Will d-addicts torrent an english SUB version?

I don't like watching the Vietnamese 1 voice dubbed :(

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Oct 27th, '07, 21:09

citric_acid88 wrote:Hi

actualy i can only remember 1 scene of he drama

its bout this guy and girl kneeling down in the company to ask a rich girls grandfather to help save the company. the guy had rejected the rich girl for the other girl,
the rich girl later asked the grandfather to save the company.

the rich girl i think was taken care by her rich grandfather since very young as her parents had died or something.

Hmmm, I remember a scene like that from the Taiwanese drama It Started With A Kiss.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Oct 30th, '07, 00:24

I'm trying to find this really old drama that I watched in China as a kid like 13 years ago. I only remember that there was a couple that loved each other but the man was human and she was a goddess or something. In the end, they couldn't be together so they became a mountain.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 30th, '07, 02:19

azndgn26 wrote:I'm trying to find this really old drama that I watched in China as a kid like 13 years ago. I only remember that there was a couple that loved each other but the man was human and she was a goddess or something. In the end, they couldn't be together so they became a mountain.
That sounds like the Seven Fairies legend.
I only know of three versions of this story though. I thought the first two are only a few years old though and the third is brand new.

Older ones:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Huan_Tian_Xi_Di_Qi_Xian_Nu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tian_Wai_Fei_Xian

New one:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tian_Xian_Pei

Pingu4u2

Post by Pingu4u2 » Nov 5th, '07, 04:58

I saw this in the music section, and it's an mv... I was wondering what series the clips were from? Does anyone know what it's about, or who those two guys are?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UhM1LiLlszk/

sour_pickles

Post by sour_pickles » Nov 6th, '07, 04:47

Pingu4u2 wrote:I saw this in the music section, and it's an mv... I was wondering what series the clips were from? Does anyone know what it's about, or who those two guys are?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UhM1LiLlszk/
that's julian cheung and wallace chung. you can read more about the series here:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ni_Shui_Han

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Nov 6th, '07, 05:04

And Ni Shui Han is also available here in D-A:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_33344.htm

Pingu4u2

Post by Pingu4u2 » Nov 6th, '07, 05:14

Ah, I see! Thanks so much for letting me know :D!

M0NiCAxBO0

Post by M0NiCAxBO0 » Nov 13th, '07, 01:38

Hi, I need help on finding a name of this drama I've been looking for! I remember watching it a long time ago.
Sad thing about it, is I don't know any actors/actress names in the drama, but I recognized the girl from it.

^ the girl in the bright yellow and red.

All I remember from the drama is that she was the servant, who stayed by the young king, and they fell in love? He had to become king at a young age, because his father passed away.
Something like that, I know that it's not helpful, but that's all I remember, if I can't get the name of the drama, can I get her name? Thanks!

Pingu4u2

Post by Pingu4u2 » Nov 13th, '07, 20:15

M0NiCAxBO0 wrote:Hi, I need help on finding a name of this drama I've been looking for! I remember watching it a long time ago.
Sad thing about it, is I don't know any actors/actress names in the drama, but I recognized the girl from it.

^ the girl in the bright yellow and red.

All I remember from the drama is that she was the servant, who stayed by the young king, and they fell in love? He had to become king at a young age, because his father passed away.
Something like that, I know that it's not helpful, but that's all I remember, if I can't get the name of the drama, can I get her name? Thanks!
I think it's 天剑群侠 (A.K.A. Tian Jian Qun Xia, The Celestial Sword and the Heroes, The Sky Swordsmen, Heavenly Swords & Chevaliers).

Here is a site with info on it: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/tjqx/index.html
You can buy it here: http://sensasian.com/product.php/EN/V9353C/