What you guys do with the dramas?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Apr 13th, '06, 04:19

Lone_Prodigy wrote:*doesn't have a DVD burner*

Well, I guess I'll struggle along with my CDRs for now.

Question to the DVD burners... at 8x speed, doesn't it take around 70 minutes to burn a whole thing? I know that at 4x, it takes 20 minutes to burn a whole CDRW, and a DVD is around 7 times the capacity of a CD. You must be patient people.
with a 8x dvd burner, it take about 7~8 mins to burn a single 4.38gig dvd disc..Well I have a 16x dvd burner but never tried it out with a 16x dvdr disc yet..But I am assuming it will be under 5 mins though

Lone_Prodigy

Post by Lone_Prodigy » Apr 13th, '06, 05:31

senakun wrote:i save everything, cuz... u never know...

My hard drive is as big as the universe. :lol
Lone_Prodigy wrote:*doesn't have a DVD burner*

Well, I guess I'll struggle along with my CDRs for now.

Question to the DVD burners... at 8x speed, doesn't it take around 70 minutes to burn a whole thing? I know that at 4x, it takes 20 minutes to burn a whole CDRW, and a DVD is around 7 times the capacity of a CD. You must be patient people.
Lone_Prodigy:
8x takes about 8-10 minutes, if i recall correctly, to burn a whole 4.7 GB disc. It differs slightly from burner to burner. 16x usually takes between 6 and 7 minutes. Should take less time, but hey, 6 minutes is not that long a time to wait :)

1x CD = 150 KB/s
1xDVD= 1350 KB/s

I'm not sure where you live, but if you live in the US, a great 16x burner can be had for under 40 dollars!

BENQ DW1650: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827101011
NEC ND-3550A: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827152060
o_O. Wow... that's so cool. *kicks CD burner* *throws CDRWs away*

thx for the info! Guess I should've shelled out the extra dough.

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Apr 14th, '06, 15:02

Usually just back-up my dramas on a DVDr 4.7 gb storage but I want to a buy Blu-Ray burner now so i can store 25gb on one disc :w00t: i wonder if it stable enough to store 25 gb in on one disc :crazy:

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 14th, '06, 15:16

I just burn them on 4.37GB DVD-/+ R too. Then store them in an archive for future viewing/lending. Dramas tend to be harder to find than other downloads such as anime/US tv shows and having a shorter window of oppourtunity to download them so its wise to keep them stored away, as you may not have the chance to re-download it.

PJB

Post by PJB » Apr 14th, '06, 16:18

Theres always the problem with DVD-R's that they degrade over time... Granted, so can a hard drive... But still, tis' quite daunting to think that in 5-10 years your discs might not work anymore, or fail to read the entire file/s.