D-Addicts Baseball Fans

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
the_spin0ff

D-Addicts Baseball Fans

Post by the_spin0ff » Aug 21st, '06, 21:25

any baseball fans here? who are your favorite teams?

on a sidenote, how 'bout them Yankees. They sweep the Red Sox in a 5 game series. IMO, I think its just the Twins and the White Sox competing for the AL Wild Card. Hopefully the Twins will win it when they get Liriano back.

anyways, talk about baseball here.
Last edited by the_spin0ff on Aug 21st, '06, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

TheBodyGuard

Post by TheBodyGuard » Aug 21st, '06, 21:26

Seattle Mariners, My favorite player is IIIIIIICHIROooooo SUUUuuuzuki

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 22nd, '06, 18:07

too busy this year to watch baseball, but I'm still for the White Sox :cheers: :D....

freerose

Post by freerose » Aug 22nd, '06, 23:12

I like the yankees, i think if this team wish to win they able to beat out other team. but this team member make so much moneys they don't care about winning. I wish to see Mets and the Yankees in the final

the_spin0ff

Post by the_spin0ff » Aug 23rd, '06, 00:52

for some reason, I think the Yankees should use their money on young prospects rather then big name veterans.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 23rd, '06, 03:55

edited the title.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 23rd, '06, 05:17

hey sup ppls.. i'm a baseball fan! ~__^ in fact a remember chatting briefly with someone who was an Angels fan last year when they 0wned the Yanks yet again =/ ch'yep I'm a Yankees fan.

Them sweeping the Bosox in 5... I'll admit I never saw it coming. But I think the media is making a little bit too much out of it no? I mean what do you guys think? They're having Mussina skip a start just to be cautious. Who's to say another injury won't happen to the Yanks as it's been going on seemingly all season long? The Yanks can obviously demolish the Sox bullpen but they still couldn't punk Schilling. Remember, Beckett did himself in by walking all those batters... They didn't have to face Wakefield's knuckler. I mean imagine if Boston had to face Chacon or Small or Beam or (insert AAA call-up here) from their bullpen the way they're pitching this season). It does shed light on the poor job the front office did this season for the club though. The 5 games were hella exciting and great for us, but it was also with a little help of timing. We got Cano back. We got Abreu. Wilson. Lidle. Sox are still waiting for Varitek, Nixon, and Wakefield. huge huge players. losing Matsui and Sheff feels like an afterthought now cuz Melky's actually an upgrade on defense at left and getting better on offense. Abreu? frickin Sheff is now saying he's willing to play first base! enough said... Still 6 1/2 games is a tough climb for the Sox with just about a month left of baseball. x)

Mariners suuuuck (my opinion, of course u don't have to agree)... they're wasting the talents of Ichiro Suzuki much in the way Abreu was in Philly... hell... I don't think Ichiro even likes the Seattle Mariners that much... one more season Ichiro... just one more... then it's free agent time

Yankees making so much money they don't care about winning?? hahahaha I duuuuuunno about that man.If you ever see A-Rod's at-bats no matter how many times u see him choke in the clutch, you never see him like he "doesn't care". He's always pissed at himself. Jeter? haHA, that's funny. How many ppl remember Mussina yelling at Torre to get back in the dugout just so he can finish the game himself? Posada? c'mon... the man work to improve his game this season throwing out mofos tryin to steal bases better than i can last remember. Not care? I think you got the Yankees confused with last year's New York Knicks. ~__^ *THEY* made a crapload of money and DID NOT CARE about winning. (compare them to the yankees and see the WORLD of difference) What's impressive are the young guys (straight out the farm system [read: NOT bought from another team, just like Jeter, Williams, Posada once were])... Cano... Melky... Wang.... they're not making big money. They never got the extension David Wright and Reyes got. YET... Wang's record is second only to Mussina in the club and pitching the longest number of innings out of anyone in the rotation. Melky plays HARD. trying to steal bases. man how many assists has this guy have? Ppl hate the Yanks cuz of the money... yet the Yanks are usually professionals (once in awhile we have to trade away the punks)... can u picture Derek Jeter showboating like Manny Ramirez? What he will do is run into the stands to win help the club win a game though ~__^ big money? yes. not care about winning? Stephon Marbury doesn't play for the New York Yankees.

White Sox are awesome. The Tigers are scary. I can never hate on good all-around teams . I'm hating the Bosox the more and more they whine about Yanks and buying players. 2004 Bosox was a "bought" team. Where the howngrowns at? Was it just Varitek? lol. hell they gave up on Nomar!!! the once Boston version of Jeter.

sorry if this post was long. i hope nothing i say sounds like flaming though cuz i don't want that. i'd like to see some good debates tho =)

P.S.: Am I the only one who thinks the ALCS will be more exciting than the World Series? lol
P.P.S.: The World Baseball Classic was awesome! I can't wait for the next one!

update: =( Mariners just beat the Yanks on Beltre's walkoff homer =( congrats to TheBodyGuard tho... x) ur team won. <excuse> The Yanks are in the middle of marathon tho with no days off while the M's had their day off yesterday</excuse>

FitzGerald

Post by FitzGerald » Aug 25th, '06, 16:00

I like the NY Mets.... can't stand the Yankees... also I root for the Padres and Angels.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 26th, '06, 06:05

damn.... Chone Figgins=Yankee killer

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 26th, '06, 13:44

YANKEES FAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, and not just because we have the more popular players such as A-Rod and Jeter. :D

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 27th, '06, 03:31

Anybody watched the LIttle League World Series lately? ^^;;

Congrats to Japan for advancing to the Little League World Series Championship game and to Mexico for their valiant effort up to the final 6th inning of the International championship round.

Tomorrow it's the kids from Georgia up against Japan... My bet is on Japan. Their pitching and D is too solid for GA to take advantage of like they did with New Hampshire. I like watching these kids play =) They're playing with heart and for the love of the game to win... without the big money.

as for MLB... A-Rod... maaaan what a slump. I was listening to 1050ESPN radio out here in New York and one of the radio hosts... i forgot whether it was Dan Patrick, Max Keller, or Jim Rome who pointed out how the Yankees stars in the lineup are usually patient hitters... all with the exception of A-Rod. He just hacks away at the first pitch and always hitting behind the count. I usually hate it when these hosts craptalk like that cuz they almost always love to jump on and make a big thing out of every little misery but I can't help but agree. Not that I think A-Rod shouldn't be a Yankee. He just really needs to settle down and get himself together... at least have more patient at-bats and see more pitches. Remember when Jason Giambi was gonna be sent down to the minors? what happened after that? f-in comeback player of the year right? right. A-Rod pull urself to f-ingether man!

Marlins. Joe Girardi. That idiot owner of theirs. The owner (don't know his name.. don't care) refuses to acknowledge Girardi's efforts for the "success" of their team considering they let go of all their big name players away except Dontrelle Willis. I hope they let go of Girardi and a team quickly hires him and and he becomes successful. Girardi's been screwed over by the Marlins organization in just a matter of weeks after he was hired, beginning with the Marlins fire sale. It's about as bad as the way the Orioles treated Lee Mazzili last season.

Red Sox have a chance to close in on the Yanks 4.5 games if they beat the M's tonight. 6 1/2 games wasn't a big deal after all. heh. The AL Wild Card race should've proved that.

in any case... Go Yanks! Matsui, come on back! We need your bat!

VanWoerkom

Yankee killed when plane hits NYC high-rise

Post by VanWoerkom » Oct 12th, '06, 14:55

NEW YORK -- A private airplane owned by a New York Yankees pitcher slammed into an upscale Manhattan residential skyscraper Wednesday afternoon, killing the two people on board and whipsawing the emotions of New Yorkers.
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/news ... brity_hedsmap
:(

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 13th, '06, 01:40

Yeah, I heard/saw that on the news..it must be pretty hard to deal with that to New Yorkers, or everybody I should say. Especially considering how/where the plane crashed.. :-(

lolita637

Post by lolita637 » Oct 13th, '06, 20:28

So a Yankee pitcher died during that crash? That's really devastating.. I thought it was another attack again too

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 14th, '06, 03:37

i believe early on, they already were saying they did not believe it was terrorist-related. i'm glad for that, but sorry for the family's lost. he had kids too.

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Oct 14th, '06, 04:00

Cory Lidle was a pitcher for the Phillies up until very late in the season. They traded him to the Yankees. When I saw that it was his plane, and saw him associated with the Yankees, I was confused because thought that he was still with the Phillies. Poor guy, and I feel for his family.

Baseball season is over for me, but I'll root for the Phillies again next year (as always).

booniez

Post by booniez » Oct 14th, '06, 04:13

You can put me down for The Fightin' Phillies!!

Fight oh~~

Fight oh~~