Asia Cup 2007 (Soccer)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
tungie

Asia Cup 2007 (Soccer)

Post by tungie » Jul 14th, '07, 19:35

Has any body been/been able to follow the 2007 asian cup? ive only been able to read articles and watch highlights since the only way to watch it is on pay tv or at the pub for us aussies. Who do you guys think will win? i think Vietnam, Japan, and thailand have pretty good chances to make it at least pass the group stages.

ps. if you know anywhere i can get the full game videos let me know =]

phenomenon9999

Post by phenomenon9999 » Jul 15th, '07, 02:21

Australia did badly. 3-1 to iraq. No excuses there. they deserved to be punished. I mean, why cheer for our own country when they lose easy matches. It is like Llyten Hewitt except Australia was never a dominant force in the world.

I am surprised that Vietnam is doing ok. I mean, I am viet but i laugh at the native country in terms of sport. But they might have a chance. Funny that.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 15th, '07, 05:47

haha yeah.. Australia came into the cup having the mind set of it being easy since they had euro club players and all, but that probably was there biggest mistake.

But with Vietnam and Soccer if you have ever been over there during a tournament or something everyone is crazy about it. its like a religion. Also things with the War and communism stopped them from being able to go forward with their international soccer during those periods, but we'll just have to wait and see.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 15th, '07, 06:03

<< Viet origin

The match tomorrow Japan vs. Vietnam might be interesting. Never watched Vietnam's soccer team although soccer is really, really popular in Vietnam.
I personally hope that Vietnam will win but I don't think they can beat Japan.
Gonna watch 90min VTV4 for the first time of my life, lol.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jul 15th, '07, 06:21

Yea I'm actually a big soccer fan myself, right now is soccer tournaments left and right. I was currently watching the Gold Cup, after that finished I am watching now both Cup America and The Asian Cup and U-20 World Cup Canada 2007. After these 3 tournaments end the Super League starts with a bunch of inter league matches from different ball clubs all over the world.

Sorry to go off topic there but hey we love the sport. I think Japan will win it they seem the favorites to take the cup again. Hopefully they do so then they can be in the Confederation Cup tournament to participate in matches against each regions tournament winners.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 15th, '07, 11:19

qnhu wrote:<< Viet origin

The match tomorrow Japan vs. Vietnam might be interesting. Never watched Vietnam's soccer team although soccer is really, really popular in Vietnam.
I personally hope that Vietnam will win but I don't think they can beat Japan.
Gonna watch 90min VTV4 for the first time of my life, lol.
lucky you, my grandparents got satelite but they live an hour away. ill have to rely on highlights and articles to find the results =\. i think it will be a pretty even match

both 1-1 with qatar and 3-1, 2-0 Japan/vietnam respectively. Also Vietnam has home side advantage. will be a huge game. i would really like to see Vietnam and Japan into the qtr finals, but if one of them loses and qatar beats UAE then qatar will knock out the loser of the japan/vietnam match being 5 points vs 4. im hoping they draw or qatar loses. No offence to qatar fans =P.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 15th, '07, 11:21

SSJSubgeta wrote:Yea I'm actually a big soccer fan myself, right now is soccer tournaments left and right. I was currently watching the Gold Cup, after that finished I am watching now both Cup America and The Asian Cup and U-20 World Cup Canada 2007. After these 3 tournaments end the Super League starts with a bunch of inter league matches from different ball clubs all over the world.

Sorry to go off topic there but hey we love the sport. I think Japan will win it they seem the favorites to take the cup again. Hopefully they do so then they can be in the Confederation Cup tournament to participate in matches against each regions tournament winners.
yeah japan are the favourites for sure this time around, but its no longer the case of dominant countries in this years asia cup. there are alot more countries that have the ability to play well and achieve this time around and its going to be a good one to watch thats for sure.

skachild

Post by skachild » Jul 15th, '07, 17:28

my country... :cry: :cry:

gonna support japan this time... but vietnam is playing very good... and also indonesia... :thumright:

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 15th, '07, 17:43

I'm watching the games live via internet. Just got Sopcast and tuned in CCTV5.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 16th, '07, 02:50

great stuff thanks for the info wattstax. now gotta hope that i wont be working during the playing times of the matches hehe.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 16th, '07, 02:54

korea is dissapointing... i support japan!

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 16th, '07, 04:19

tungie wrote:great stuff thanks for the info wattstax. now gotta hope that i wont be working during the playing times of the matches hehe.
Always happy to help 8)

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 16th, '07, 12:18

vietnam vs japan ends in 4-1 japan the victor... lol i was watching the match and finally saw how vietnam played through a whole match. if that was close to their top form they have a lonnnnnng way to go. oh well still got japan to cheer for if vietnam gets knocked out =p.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 16th, '07, 12:21

But I'm happy that Vietnam got in the Quarters nevertheless. They deserved it for their first two games.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 16th, '07, 13:56

Vietnam never was and probably never will be a big soccer nation.
At least I can watch the Quartes while Korea is really disappointing the whole way, like furransu said. What happened to Ahn Jung Hwan and Park Ji Sung and those we saw a few years ago? I did not see them even on the squad list.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 16th, '07, 14:27

The Koreans are missing 3 Players from Premier League. Park Ji Sung is one of them. Don't know why. Maybe they were not allowed to go.
China therefore convinced me.

Australia won against Thailand. Gratulations to tungie :cheers:

gizarhyme

Post by gizarhyme » Jul 17th, '07, 08:56

Thanks for the info Wattstax!

Just what I was looking for. I'm way too excited about the coming match with Australia and Japan.
I just tuned into CCTV-5 to see if I could really watch this thing live.

It tends to stop quite frequently although there are times
when the video streams smoothly for a minute or so, but then it stops every now and then.
Maybe this is due to the internet speed here in New Zealand..
Apparently it's 250times faster than dial-up.. but it can't even play the bloody thing properly.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

skachild

Post by skachild » Jul 17th, '07, 09:14

Wattstax wrote:The Koreans are missing 3 Players from Premier League. Park Ji Sung is one of them. Don't know why. Maybe they were not allowed to go.
China therefore convinced me.

Australia won against Thailand. Gratulations to tungie :cheers:
all three of them r injured.. that's why there didnt play...

park ji-sung is the worst... he's out until 2008. :alcoholic:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +Park+blow

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 17th, '07, 09:31

wow i cant believe Australia also made it into the qtrs. i was watching the australian match live as well and they were in great shape. if they keep this going they will definitely be a powerful force in the final rounds. By the way for anyone who watched that match don't you think the ref was a bit biased. i swear it seemed like he was trying to give thailand an advantage. luckily the australian players kept their cool about it.. well except for Alloisi =P.

P.s. Gizarhyme i think the problem has something to do with your internet because i stream it just fine. with an adsl2+ connection depending on what speed you are on you wont have smooth streams on the higher bandwidth streams, also if the connection to the destination doesnt sync well with you that will also cause problems.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 17th, '07, 14:13

gizarhyme wrote:Thanks for the info Wattstax!

Just what I was looking for. I'm way too excited about the coming match with Australia and Japan.
I just tuned into CCTV-5 to see if I could really watch this thing live.

It tends to stop quite frequently although there are times
when the video streams smoothly for a minute or so, but then it stops every now and then.
Maybe this is due to the internet speed here in New Zealand..
Apparently it's 250times faster than dial-up.. but it can't even play the bloody thing properly.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Maybe your problems are caused by a Firewall? I have no Problems with CCTV5, only sometimes on senders with less viewers (f.e. Star Sports).

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

getting good

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jul 17th, '07, 17:39

I think the ref had to be, He knew Aus was a stronger team then Thai. Even Aus knew they had the upper hand so they didnt sweat it. They only attacked when they needed and they had deadly strikes in the counter attacks with lead offs from both sides of the field. Which by any means they
had to win to advance to the quarter finals. score Aus 4 - Thai 0
I put the spoiler tag just in case somebody wanted to watch the game and has not looked at the sports news or newspaper sports section. :thumleft:

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jul 17th, '07, 17:58

ahhhh. i wish i could watch!!!!! how ish Vietnam doing?

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 17th, '07, 18:10

They made it to the quaters after UAE won against Qatar. It has been discussed at the end of the first page ;)

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jul 17th, '07, 18:25

oh.

weird how australia is part of asia cup. ^_______^

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jul 18th, '07, 03:43

well this is a first for Aus they are invited guest for the tournament, I think this run might land them a permanent spot tho in the tournaments to come.

JAPAN advanced as well in a great game, a def must watch for any Japanese team fan/supporter.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 18th, '07, 07:07

wow this is going to be some great matches for me to look forward to. I have 3 teams i can support! its a win win situation!! haha. by the way for any of those who wish to watch it. it is available online through sop cast which you can get from www.sopcast.com on cctv5 (thank wattstax for this ladies and gents :] ).

edit: also to check the times the matches are on you can go to http://www.afcasiancup.com/en/tournament/fixtures.asp to see when they will play live and
tune in on cctv5 because they have live feeds! enjoy soccer!!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 18th, '07, 07:17

japan vs australia in the quarters.. a repeat of the world cup where japan lost that time ><

i hope japan can beat australia.. coz its better coach from the world cup :D

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 21st, '07, 08:25

Star Sports (english commentary) also shows much of the games. But I often have trouble to get an stable connection. Nevertheless a good alternative to cctv.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 21st, '07, 08:30

oh even better, do they show it live as well as cctv? the Australia vs Japan match is in 3 hours cant wait but its a saturday night and i have to chose between going out and soccer -.- are there any reshows!!

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 21st, '07, 08:40

Yes, it's live. And they showing the Australia - Japan match. I hope you don't mind that I'm rooting for Japan :mrgreen:

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 21st, '07, 08:50

=P no problems at all. im actually neutral on who wins, though probably leaning more to australia. the japanese produce such good things to keep me busy i cant wish loss upon them either =P

GANBAREH
GANBAREH
GANBAREH

OI OI OI!

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 21st, '07, 08:56

But it will be interesting whether Vietnam can come back and give us a big suprise. Would be nice if at least the now only host could reach the semi-finals.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 21st, '07, 12:51

Lol, tomorrow the stadium which in which the match will be held in the safest place on earth for about two hours :P
But I don't think Vietnam can make it in the semi-finals. I guess Iraq will win for sure.

Orochi Makkusu

Post by Orochi Makkusu » Jul 21st, '07, 13:41

Hey there!!

Kawaguchi saved Japan again! YATTAA!!

i am searching for the downloads from Japans games...

found this site:
http://allgoals.blogspot.com/2007/07/as ... -2007.html

but still need some seeders for the game agaist Qatar...
and no download for the game against UAE..

the game against Vietnam is running fine though

can somebody help?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 21st, '07, 18:54

I watched Japan v. Australia. The Aussies were a little hard done by the referee but their stars let them down. They can't blame anyone for missing penalty kicks like those. As for Japan, they play neat football but once again they show their impotency in attack. In any case, they're probably still the best team in the tournament.

Vietnam lost 0-2 to Iraq. Didn't watch this one. heh

p.s. LMAO at Harry Kewell for his penalty

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 22nd, '07, 12:31

i only got to watch the first half of the aus/japan match, then i went out with my mates. the aussies looked so tired... and slack, it was like some of them werent really into the match. i got to download the penalties and that was shocking for the aussies.. the only japanese missed penalty was because that player was way off...
lol there goes 2 teams i was supporting guess its go japan from this point onwards!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 22nd, '07, 17:30

Goaless draw b/w South Korean and Iran but the South Koreans win the penalty shootout and go through to the semis. South Korea was the slightly better team so they did deserve to win I guess.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 22nd, '07, 18:27

Korea has done more for the game, so they deserved the victory. But they are still failing to strike before the goal. As often I was to nervous to watch the penalties. Hopefully, I can find them on youtube tomorrow.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Jul 22nd, '07, 18:35

I don't know about you guys but I want to see a rivalry match between good old S. Korea vs JAPAN. Those always turn out with some great games.

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 22nd, '07, 18:38

SSJSubgeta wrote:I don't know about you guys but I want to see a rivalry match between good old S. Korea vs JAPAN. Those always turn out with some great games.
I have nothing against it. It's my dream finale, too.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 22nd, '07, 18:53

I LOVE TO WATCH IRAQ VS JAPAN THOUGH :cheers:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 22nd, '07, 19:05

Wattstax wrote:
SSJSubgeta wrote:I don't know about you guys but I want to see a rivalry match between good old S. Korea vs JAPAN. Those always turn out with some great games.
Although I'm thoroughly disappointed in team Korea this time around, I'd love to see that match as well. Gooo Korea~!

EDIT: OK, I'm planning on watching the semi-finals on SopCast but I don't know what region the match times in http://www.afcasiancup.com/en/tournament/fixtures.asp#7 are for. Can someone please help me? Also, are there any other live online broadcast sites (maybe some Korean or English broadcasts as opposed to CCTV)?

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 22nd, '07, 19:33

kyosak wrote:
Wattstax wrote:
Although I'm thoroughly disappointed in team Korea this time around, I'd love to see that match as well. Gooo Korea~!

EDIT: OK, I'm planning on watching the semi-finals on SopCast but I don't know what region the match times in http://www.afcasiancup.com/en/tournament/fixtures.asp#7 are for. Can someone please help me? Also, are there any other live online broadcast sites (maybe some Korean or English broadcasts as opposed to CCTV)?
Here you can see the different timezones http://www.weltzeit.de/zeitzonenkarte.php.
An english commentary can be found on Star Sports. I guess they wil show the rest of the games.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 25th, '07, 13:04

Iraq go through to the finals with a penalty shootout win over South Korea. Man, I wonder if all the matches are going to go to penalties. :glare:

Wattstax

Post by Wattstax » Jul 25th, '07, 13:06

Yeah, the goals are to less. And penalties are too much a game of luck.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 25th, '07, 15:19

Saudi Arabia 3 : 2 Japan

What a game. The Saudis really surprised me. Japan has better team play but the Saudis showed much better individual technique (quite a surprise, epsecially since their team is relatively young). Their coach gets a thumbs up from me for his tactics. The sudden change in their approach really caught the Japanese off guard.

As for the finals b/w Saudi and Iraq, my money is on the Saudis. Not exactly the final I wanted to see but oh well. :|

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jul 25th, '07, 15:34

yaaaaaaaaa my country win :D

hasen

Post by hasen » Jul 26th, '07, 09:10

heheh go Iraq
inshallah we'll win!!

tungie

Post by tungie » Jul 26th, '07, 10:05

well at least there are still people who can support teams in the asian cup =] kinda doesnt make it exciting for me now that there wont be anymore teams that i support in the later rounds. well good luck to all of the teams anyway!

Orochi Makkusu

Post by Orochi Makkusu » Jul 26th, '07, 10:39

yeah...

BTW, does anyone have the game "Japan x Saudi Arabia" or knows where i can get it?
thanks

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 28th, '07, 17:34

South Korea won the 3rd place playoff against Japan, in another *yawn* penalty shootout. The refereeing in this match was horrible. :x

hasen

Post by hasen » Jul 29th, '07, 15:12

lak gooo Iraq
الله اكبر فزنا مبرووووك

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 29th, '07, 15:16

hasen wrote:lak gooo Iraq
الله اكبر فزنا مبرووووك
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: WE WON :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: